Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

New Toys and Old Times ((tag: Zurg and Hellboy))

[INACT.] Xenon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 35

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    400/400  (400/400)
    Stamina Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)

New Toys and Old Times ((tag: Zurg and Hellboy))

Post by [INACT.] Xenon on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:14 pm

"So..." a grub was leading Xenon through some paperwork, "sign here, initial here, and we need your fingerprint over...here."

Xenon complied with the orders, but couldn't help but ask, "All this trouble for an upgrade so I'm not the dead weight?"

The grub nervously chuckled, "Heh, I'd be dead if I strayed away from orders. That's what happened with the Warp Darkmatter incident, and you know...well....eheheh let's just say the evil emperor won't make the same mistake twice."

"But I love Zurg--not that way brainpod 18, you lost that bet--so I would never betray him or Hellboy. They are just too dear to me."

The grub wasn't swayed, "Here in planet Z, we follow procedures or get sentenced to grub bowling. And I STILL can't remember my first years of training since the last incident..." he shuddered at the memory. Those bowling pins...they were OTHER GRUBS with especially hard exoskeletons.

Once all the preliminary steps were out of the way, the grub was straining under the weight of the legal documents. "Right...Right this way," he gasped, his arms shaking, and his legs threatening to buckle in. "On second thought, brainpod 18 will lead you to the correct room. Down the hall, three doors to the left. You can't miss it; it's got all the glowing devices of PAIN."

"Come with me, Agent X," brainpod was not in a happy mood having lost yet another bet. Perhaps he should pile in the rest of his research hours on the pot that Zurg was just some asexual beast. Print. Send.

After some time later, he bent his flexible mechanical arms in front of the door and gestured, "Here is the place where you will receive your weapons, or be used as a target. Enjoy~!" before darting away to file 50's research documents. How he loathed filing. Didn't they have computers for that?

"So, here is the door," Xenon walked towards it.
    Wshhhhh

It opened...but what was she to find inside its dimly lit regions, with outlines of complex tools? She'd soon find out.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: New Toys and Old Times ((tag: Zurg and Hellboy))

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:20 pm

"There you are Xenon~!" A dual-toned, sing-sang as the girl entered the chamber.

"I take it brain pod 18 lost the bet." Zurg called out.

Red was also within the chamber beside him.

The Evil Emperor was currently inspecting all the tools and gadgets he had scattered around the room--most of weapons, armours, molds, and devices common and uncommon on the modern market. He held a clipboard in his hands and he was wearing his spectacles as he finally gazed upon Xenon's lanky form.

"Please, please! Come in! Let's start this right away." He urged cheerfully, motioning for her to stand next to Red.
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:22 pm

"Hey, kiddo!" the cheerful demon greeted her amiably. "Ready for your upgrade? I already have one myself. Zak made it for me a while back. It's a laser cannon and it's pretty sweet!"

He pulled back his coat a bit so she could see that he had strapped it onto his back underneath it and out of sight. It was metallic and around the size of a knapsack, but since it was not in use, its true potential was not yet evident.

"Whoops," he said, teetering a bit to the side. "Horns are a bit heavier than I anticipated."
    [INACT.] Xenon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    400/400  (400/400)
    Stamina Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)

Post by [INACT.] Xenon on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:31 pm

"So, there's something different about you," Xenon couldn't place her finger on it as she analyzed Hellboy. "Wait, I KNOW! It's the hair?"

Funny, the hair seemed dwarfed somehow, despite the longer dreads. "Are you using a different shampoo or conditioner, or is it just me?" Funny how she completely missed the fact that his horns were full grown, not chopped off as they usually were.

"And wow, that is suck a beautifully crafted device of destruction," she whistled. "Zak is quite the artist in his field."
    Then she got down to business.

"But you know why I'm here, and it's not to admire such finely crafted devices," she acknowledged. "What applications can you see for my set of skills? I am a fast learner, and a fast runner, but not the best fighter, so how do we maximize the positives, minimize the negatives, and make me one lean mean fighting machine?"

She was not going to sit on the sidelines or be useless in battles any longer. She wanted to help out her friends in a pinch, and not just by healing them but by bringing the pain to their enemies.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:34 pm

"Hmmm...."

This was true...Zurg had to admit that Xenon wasn't the best of offensive fighters and her defense was lacking, but she was pretty quick on her feet, however.

"How would you feel about an upgrade in armour and some more defensive capabilities to start off with?" He suggested, looking over his spreadsheet inventory. "Oh, and what about your shurikens? I know those are due for an upgrade as well."
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:39 pm

"No, it's not the hair," Hellboy chuckled. "I grew out my horns! Went on a fun ogre hunting spree and came back with these babies. Zurg suggested I should grow them out, so I did. Liz wasn't too pleased, but the kids love it. They dangle from them like a jungle gym!"

He turned back to Zurg. "Armour, most definitely our highest priority. Get her something made out of teryllium. XR kept saying how that stuff's near-on indestructible."
    [INACT.] Xenon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    400/400  (400/400)
    Stamina Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)

Post by [INACT.] Xenon on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:47 pm

“The same robotic ranger who constantly blows up?” Xenon raised an eyebrow. “I’m not so sure I’d trust his opinions on the durability of materials. The LGMs are not so god at building a hardy design, but are ingenious when it comes to making low budget repairs with bubblegum and duct tape.”

Duct tape fixes all.

“And that’s what’s different about you: the horns! I never would have guessed,” Xenon touched the tip of them. “And you dulled them down a bit—a good thing to do with kids around. Wouldn’t want them getting hurt. And they can swing from them already?”

Before her gushing started, Zurg reminded her of the point so she cleared her throat and grew more serious. “Ahem, that sounds very well and good, and I have my shurikens right here," she placed them on a table over a pile of blueprints, "but I also am thinking of a proper training regiment at the gravity gym. It's about time I got into my peak physical condition--no laughing."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:51 pm

"Yes...the Robot Ranger does seem to blow up quite a bit; but XR is, alas, correct! Teryllium is a very sturdy material and what's better is that it's relatively light." Zurg added, checking to see if he had some teryllium-grade sets of armour.

"And training?" The Evil Emperor seemed to mull it over before answering. "Well, we could....but such training takes a decent amount of time. Are you sure you can allot enough of your schedule for it?" He asked.

As much as he wanted Xenon to be safe and sound thanks to the new rules of the land, he also wanted her to be rested and sharp. If she was tired and weary, no amount of armour and training would do her any good and he didn't want anything to happen because of it.
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:59 pm

"They sure can!" he said proudly. "And of course they're not sharp. I could probably still spike someone if I put my mind to it, though," he added with a wry chuckle.

"Well, she can train at regular intervals. It doesn't have to be time-gruelling in an attempt to cram several years' experience into a couple of months. She can train with me. I need to shed a few extra pounds anyway."

Seeing the worried look on her face, he quickly added, "I can be careful. You don't have to worry with me. I'm fairly gentle."
    [INACT.] Xenon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    400/400  (400/400)
    Stamina Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)

Post by [INACT.] Xenon on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:02 am

"I'm up for a challenge!" Xenon assured him. "But I won't overdue it--just work my way up little by little, you know?"

She laughed, "And don't worry, I will be sure to leave enough time to bake goods for you blokes and cuddle you to the point of acting like a symbiotic moss from Karn--they are rare, but beneficial relationships between organisms do exist in harsh environments like that.

She grinned at Hellboy, thankful for his elaboration, "Yes, well that would work out nicely, no pun intended of course~!" Them she turned towards Zurg. "So, how soon can we start making the arrangements for the new gear?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:05 am

"So long as I don't have to send the medical team over to you~!"

Zurg had to shake his head with a slight snicker and he just set the clipboard down as he went over to another table to lift up a set of measuring instruments.

"For some armour, we'll need your exact stats, Xenon." He called out, getting out a futuristic roll of measuring tape.
    [INACT.] Xenon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    400/400  (400/400)
    Stamina Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)

Post by [INACT.] Xenon on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:08 am

Xenon stood perfectly still with her arms outstretched for measurements.
    "As long as I don't have to hold this pose for hours, I'm all set!"

The enthusiasm was great, but her appreciation of Zurg's joke, not so much.

"Haha Zurg, very funny, but I have never badly needed a medical team."
    Badly was all relative. Was she blocking out the time Doom almost decimated her during that battle or cleverly avoiding it?
    Avoiding it is.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:16 am

"I hope not..."

The Evil Emperor got busy getting the numbers, getting her height, her width around her torso, her arm span, leg span, etc etc etc--and he did this all in a very professional manner, mind you. He wasn't a lecher!

Satisfied, he returned over the paper and jotted down the increments needed for Xenon's new set of armour. But....he also went back to the table to clear his thoughts. He had something he wanted to tell her, something important, but how to say it? How to give it to her? To Red?

"...............Red?" He asked, not lifting his gaze as he was busy writing. "Can you show Xenon some of the newer weapons we have? She might find a few she actually likes."
    [INACT.] Xenon
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    400/400  (400/400)
    Stamina Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)

Post by [INACT.] Xenon on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:18 pm

"Oooooh, weapons," Xenon rubbed her hands together as she walked over to see Red's wares.

Was Xenon finally getting a mean streak here? Was she finally being a proper Planet Z agent? "Is there by any chance one that could double as a cooking device? You know, multitasking is a virtue~!"
    And she lost the potential sadism.

That's all very well as she can't have sinister moments; just goofy ones unless someone is messing with Zurg. Then the oven mitts come off! As for Hellboy, he can take care of himself, but poor Zurg was probably going to lose it in the future after his friends died off, so better make sure he's happy now, right?

Maybe their friendships were setting him up for a fall....best not to dwell on that. He'd survive like he did before he got goofball friends to pall around with, and he still would always have brainpods and grubs, and Star Command to thwart.

Then she saw a look of contemplation across Zurg's face.
    Someone was getting good at reading his face. Someone has been hanging around the littlest agent far too often.
    "Zurg, is something the matter?" she asked with concern. She was prepared to hug if necessary!
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:43 pm

Hellboy face-palmed at Xenon's eagerness if the weapon could double as a cooking . "We've got a long way to go," he muttered under his breath.

He caught Zurg's shift in attitude from the corner of an eye--he held himself up a bit stiffer than usual, and his face had a harsher edge to it--but he decided not to mention anything and hoped Xenon wouldn't either... too late.

"He's probably just concerned about Nanthax plotting against him," the demon suggested. "But we can take him out in no time flat. He doesn't even have the brawns or brains to take us on, let alone the experience. Which is why teaching you some basic defensive moves and getting you all powered up is our top priority here."

He indicated the table where an assortment of weapons lay. "Now, we've got plasma guns, vibroknives, flamethrowers, you name it. Maybe you'd be more interested in a neural disruptor gun? Those can be pretty nifty too..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:20 am