60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Elyion and Vantu Kandakar [Original Character]

Post by Elyion and Vantu on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:30 pm

—PROFILE--

Name: Elyion Kandakar and Vantu Kandakar

Species: Human?

Appearance: Long flaxen hair; the length hangs to about her knees, and is cut at an angle, resembling that of a sparrow's tail(like having the notch in it), part of it is also pulled into a ponytail via a braid on either side of her head. She has blood red eyes and brown, almost henna-colored tattoo under her eye resembling a tribal flame, pointing downward. Her skin, though lightly tanned, is a darker hue than her hair. Vantu on the other hand was just as tanned as his sister, with messily cropped brown hair and blue-green eyes that always seem to be turned more...inward, as if he is always off in his own thoughts.

Spoiler:

Background: A former bow-for-hire, alongside her brother Vantu, who made up the brawn of their unit; the pair, while on a hunt, had stumbled across what appeared to be some sort of cult. Though, in startling them out of their ritual by getting too close, there was...an accident, of sorts. A loud crashing sound was the last either had remembered, like a deafening roar of thunder, before awakening on the ground. Elyion had awoken relatively unscathed, though her eyes had shifted from a hazel hue to a deep red, and her brother...was worse for wear.

Whatever had happened to them, Vantu had become nearly a vegetable in his mental capacity when he'd come out of it. Steadily, with Elyion caring for him religiously, years passed, and he slowly, but surely, began to regain a bit of his formal mind. By the time she had reached the age of 23, he was functioning at a level above a child's. It was no hindrance on the battlefield, given Elyion's expert guidance. Though, his younger thought patterns had left him with an interesting quirk; he set out to catalog their adventures and adversaries, sketching out the corpses of their foes in a small book kept on his side at all times.

Personality: When it comes to Vantu, she has an intense protective streak, but for just about anything else, she is typically calm and collected. To people she's not particularly familiar with, or clients, she has a tendency to be aloof, though she becomes more talkative and personable once she's familiar with someone.

Strengths: A reliable tactician, and accustomed to managing their finances, she is also able to search out seemingly perfect jobs for the pair to complete. Typically, she prefers archery, but is also adept at close range combat with quarterstaves and blades. She is also unusually skilled at taking out halflings. Vantu is adept with a axe, as well as his art, which he uses to sketch in his monster compendium.

Weaknesses: They are both susceptible to all human illnesses, and weaknesses. Elyion is not as strong as her brother, which makes her relatively easy to overpower. Vantu is strong, though not strong of mind, making him easy to outsmart.

World: Blood and Roses, Continent of Aeune

Other: A latent side effect of the accident left her able to use magic, and left her with an odd sense to be able to pick out where boundaries of Planes exist, as well as being able to sense where her family is located, given they share a very similar energy due to the accident. Unexpectedly, being drawn into the Breach left that particular sense with an unexpected twist; rather than the boundaries of Planes, she began to sense the appearance of new Portals. One of the more...random effects of the accident that she'd noticed, however...involved her hair; no matter it's length, it always remains clean and well kept, even after adventuring through brushes, mountains, and even sweating in fights...it also remains unhindered when passing through rough terrain. (Yes, this was a literal quirk that our DM had given her when she was a character in D&D.)

Group(s): Spellcasters, Human, Supernatural

--PRESENTATION--

The siblings met one another's gaze over a lit campfire as a member of the party rambled on. Somehow, the pair had fallen into the company of a dirty thief halfling, a human-looking mage, and an elven-looking rogue girl. Just earlier, the rogue had tried to pickpocket her and had been caught, before immediately trying to play it off as groping her backside instead. Elyion sighed softly, then turned to Magus, who was rambling on about his tournament prize spontaneously combusting when he'd tried opening it and quirked a brow. "Do not forget, that trap wasn't meant for you. No one expected you to win, Magus." It deflated his ego to hear, but it was fairly accurate.

"...No one expected he'd put every opponent to sleep." Vantu spoke, turning his attention back to his drawing. Not even hours before, they'd had to wrangle cattle that'd been loosed into the city, seemingly by happenstance. Unfortunately, both of them quickly realized that, somehow, this little group had been made the target of something bigger by getting involved in this mess.

"I can check with the thieve's guild, see what they know about this." Rhys, the halfling, offered, a blatant shit-eating-grin.

"If you can keep your hands in your own pockets that long." Elyion spoke quietly, breaking into a small grin herself just after. Xilli, the elf, chuckled to herself, only to be met with a stern gaze. "I wouldn't be laughing if I were you, molester." The elf lowered her gaze, almost in a pout. Yes, she'd been caught trying to steal, but Elyion, in a good mood, saw it fine to return the favor of the psuedo-molestation by depositing a gold coin into the girl's cleavage, since she was apparently hard up for money. The crowd had seemed amused by that, at least, and the theft attempt had been forgotten.

"Regardless!" Magus clapped loudly, seeming quite pleased with himself. "Its been a tough day, we should rest~" With a spring in his step, and magically created, semi-translucent flowers following his footsteps, he headed towards his tent. Vantu sighed, and Elyion's gaze fell onto her brother once more. Clearly he was not tired either, Magus had fought him as well...so he ended up taking a nice nap on the battlefield. That was probably why he was so...quiet.

Soon enough, Xilli and Rhys followed suit, leaving the siblings to the first watch of the night.

And the night itself was fairly quiet. The pair sat back to back, minding each side of the camp, respectively. Closer to dawn, though, Elyion's hair began to stand on end. Her rigidness was an immediate red flag for her brother, who grasped his axe firmly. Her own hands readied her bow. Both of their eyes began to scan the area for the threat she'd sensed.

Though, she must have gotten tired during the watch, because she was unable to sense just where the animal was lurching at them from. No, that wasn't what she was sensing...! The surprise knocked her off balance, and the wolf managed to slash her chest open, deeply, before aiming a bite at her neck. Vantu whirled around, albeit too slow to thwart the initial attack, before knocking the animal to the side. It's teeth tore into her shoulder, but it went flying easily from the force of the blow.

And that was when the ground under them gave way.

Into seemingly nothingness.

-
    C-box colors:
    Elyion: #FF9900
    Vantu: #666666

--ROLEPLAYER INFORMATION--

Nickname: Sioraiocht, Siora, Panda

Age Range: 18-24

Contact Information:  I'd prefer not to just put that out there, if possible.

Roleplay Experience: Years, last account dating 2006 (aside from Scar)

Other Characters: Scarlet Eldred

How Did You Find Us?: Current RPer
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Elyion and Vantu Kandakar [Original Character]

Post by Zurg on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Looks alright so far! Before I can approve you, however, please fill out your character sheet image, change your avatar resolution to 150 width x 200 height, and edit the account's name to Elyion and Vantu. Once you've done these three tasks, I'll take another gander!

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Elyion and Vantu
    Byte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Elyion and Vantu Yesterday at 3:29 pm

Honestly, I had just slapped an avatar on because it felt naked without one xD I was gonna take a minute to make one in a while.

As far as the account, I was initially intending for Vantu to be a side character, however, if you think it would fit better as a double-character account, I will gladly change it~

And I will get on the character sheet. I've been slacking admittedly. x'D
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg Yesterday at 8:47 pm

No worries!

As for double account vs. side account, it would depend on how often/how much Vantu will be doing. If he can pretty much act as a standalone character, we do request that the account change to a double account. If he just makes the occasional appearance and is more of a support-type role, Vantu is fine as a side character.

Hope that clears everything up!

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Elyion and Vantu
    Byte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Elyion and Vantu Today at 1:38 pm

I think for simplicity's sake, I will change it. They'll likely be consistently together, so it'd probably be for the best. He won't be fighting or anything like that, but yeah. xD

Does everything else look okay?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:43 pm