Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

A Busy Week Ahead

Post by Spenst on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:23 pm

DATE: MARCH 26TH, 0008
    TIME: IN THE AM, CLOSE TO CLOSING TIME

Spenst could only hope that his boss was not minding the constant attention he gave his phone whenever there were no customers at the concession stand. The second a patron gave him a moment's peace, that device came right out. He simply texted away, only pocketing his phone when someone approached him at the counter. Unbeknownst to the Cybertronian and his monster colleague, he and his wife were having a life-changing conversation over text message.

If the Ectonurite had not been so secretive, always looking over his shoulders whenever the phone came out, they would see that Ola had messaged him, informing him that X had transformed her. The two aliens had a very busy week ahead of them. Technically later that day, given that it was currently in the AM, they would take the first step of many in becoming parents. To think that before the week was out, provided that things went according to plan, he and his partner both were going to have a baby in them! The anticipation was killing the ghostly alien, and he could only assume that his wife felt the same way.

Even as closing time drew near, Spenst could not put down his phone for more than a minute or two. If only they knew, they would understand. But that would ruin the surprise!
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 10

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Re: A Busy Week Ahead

Post by Marissa on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:30 pm

Marissa had been watching her ghostly coworker all evening. Never before had she seen him this absorbed in his phone, not to mention all the constant over-the-shoulder glances whenever he took it out. And especially not at work! What could possibly be so important on that device, and why was he so seemingly determined to keep others from seeing it? This wasn't like Spenst at all!

Even still his eyes and claws remained glued to the phone. Alright, that was it. The monstress HAD to know what her Ectonurite colleague was obsessing so much over. This was absolutely nuts!

"Spenst," she finally asked, "what have you been doing on that phone all evening? It's like you can't keep your mitts off that thing for a second!"
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:36 pm

Spenst's body tensed up visibly at his colleague's question. Deep down, he was hoping that she would never ask. At the same time, though, he knew that it was probably inevitable. Seriously, what was he supposed to tell her? Was there any white lie out there that Marissa would buy without a second thought?

"Well..." Come on Spenst, think. You need to think! "Ola and I are just talking about, you know, married couple things, if you catch my drift."

Yes, that worked!.. At least he hoped it would.

"And before you ask," he clarified, "no, I promise you we're not fighting. Don't you go worrying yourself over that."
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Marissa on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:43 pm

"Married couple things, huh?" Marissa failed to suppress a chuckle at the revelation. "Yeah, Spenst, I hear you loud and clear on that one. Still, I don't see why that couldn't wait until after work. Surely it isn't that important, right?"

The monstress took a moment to glance over at their Cybertronian boss.

"Believe you me, you'd better hope that Knock doesn't find out about that being the reason that you've been so enamored with your phone tonight," she added. "I think you and I both know how he is about those kinds of things. Those are the kinds of things that he kicks guests out over, you know?"

(Knock Out can pipe in here if he wants!)
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:09 pm

Sundays were the best days! Whereas for most people, a Sunday lead to a new work week, it lead to time off for the crew at the Drive-In! Ah, working the weekends was fantastic. Outside of the concession building, the sounds of the movie seemed to echo against the walls. At the registers, Spenst and Marissa remained like guardians to service whoever may need a refill or perhaps another treat to munch on. The customers ought to get it while it was hot, after all. Once the credits began to roll, the registers would be closed! If not for that, nearly everybody would be attempting to get refills for the drive home! He had to draw the line somewhere.

Knock Out, owner of this establishment, had been busying himself by sweeping up the main lobby. Discarded popcorn and napkins were shoved into the dustpan, and dispensed smoothly into a trashcan. Goodness, people could be messy. How hard was it to hold popcorn? The mech busied himself, tidying it up for a smoother closing time. For now, he was ignorant of Spenst's antics, but not for long...

"I think you and I both know how he is about those kinds of things. Those are the kinds of things that he kicks guests out over, you know?"

"Hm...?" With a resounding click!, Knock Out snapped the dust pan into place on his broom as he stepped over to the counters. Resting an arm on the glass surface, he raised a metal brow at his employees. "What are the 'kinds of things' I kick guests out over? Please, enlighten me."
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Marissa on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:18 pm

"Oh!"

Marissa jumped a little as their boss approached. It was obvious that the mech had absorbed the details of their conversation. Oh no, this was BAD. It would be a damn shame if Spenst ended up getting himself fired over this. She'd never be able to live with herself if that happened.

"Don't worry, Knock, Spenst isn't actually doing illicit things," the monstress attempted to explain. "He and the wifey are just talking about things that husbands and wives talk about. None of that is actually going on here, I promise."

The tauric monster really hoped that the Cybertronian would accept that explanation. It was the best one she had! If this didn't work, she didn't know what else would.
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:24 pm

Oh no, this was NOT good. Knock Out heard everything! Well, at least the part about the things that guests got could get themselves kicked out over. What if the mech thought that HE was performing illicit activities at the Drive-In? Never before had he ever had to worry about losing his job. It definitely wasn't a pleasant feeling.

Spenst let out a sigh of relief as his furry coworker explained the situation to their boss to the best of her ability. Marissa really was a lifesaver!.. That is, provided that Knock Out actually believed her explanation of the situation.

"Yeah, that's right," the Ectonurite confirmed. "I apologize if we gave you the wrong idea."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:48 pm

Both the monster and the ghost alien seemed nervous, not having anticipated that he'd overhear, let alone come on over! Such fear was quite amusing. It made the mech smirk, though not for long as the very 'implication' of illicit things made him frown. Granted, Knock Out would absolutely know if his employee were sneaking in his wifey to...ugh, interface. It'd be awfully hard to sneak in the mummy alien, let alone get a long enough break from his job to do...things! So at least there, the two were off the hook. But something about this conversation reeked of suspicion.

"Really? Is that all?" Squinting at the both of them, his gaze firmly placed itself on Spenst. "Then tell me; what sorts of things do 'husbands and wives' talk about? Because frankly, I can only really think of the obvious answer." Jutting a talon in the direction of the alien's phone, his optics narrowed. "What you do with your phone is your business, but texting on the job is rude." It couldn't possibly be that important, right?
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Spenst on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:02 am

"...What sorts of things do husbands and wives talk about?" The alien specter scratched awkwardly behind his head at Knock Out's question. "Unfortunately, all I can tell you about this particular conversation is that it is very personal. Ola would not appreciate it if I told either of you the exact details."

Just like Marissa would never forgive herself for getting Spenst fired, he could never forgive himself if he ruined the surprise, especially for Marissa. This was going to be a big deal for her!

"I'm sorry if my texting was disruptive at all," he apologized. "If it's any help, I'm going to tell Ola not to talk to me about these things while I'm at work again when I get home."
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Marissa on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:08 am

Marissa eased up when it became clear that Knock Out didn't seem to be too particularly upset by this whole thing. He did, however, make it very clear that it was rude of him to be playing with his phone while on the job. Thank goodness! At least Spenst wasn't getting fired. That would have been more than awful.

"Yeah, Spesnt, I think that would be a good idea," the montress agreed. "I really can't help but wonder what the both of you are texting about, but if it means that much to her to keep the details private, then I won't pry. It's no skin off my back."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:41 pm

"...What sorts of things do husbands and wives talk about? Unfortunately, all I can tell you about this particular conversation is that it is very personal. Ola would not appreciate it if I told either of you the exact details."

Uh-huh. Spenst didn't seem to grasp just how vague and suspicious that sounded. How was somebody supposed to take that besides the obvious?! The mech pulled away from the counter, both arms crossed over his chassis, and sighed. "Personal or not, it can wait til you aren't on the clock. What you do in the bedroom is your business. But I don't want that sort of...of...interfacing to happen over texts, on the job! It's gross!" Yep, he'd taken this conversation to its logical conclusion. "See to it that you do. I don't want to have to confiscate cell phones on the job like we're in a high school."

Knock Out shuffled away, about to check the bathrooms to see how much of a mess there was. He paused however, peeking over a shoulder at Marissa. She had no idea? Not even an inkling? She must have been very innocent whereas Knock Out...well, let's just say, becoming friends with Scaramouche had made him more aware of certain things. For now, he left it at that, and went about his business once again. These bathrooms weren't going to clean themselves!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:45 pm