25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Reception? Time to Party!

Post by Olabisi on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:49 pm

TAKES PLACE RIGHT AFTER WEDDING THREAD

"Alright everyone, look alive!" Olabisi announced to the wedding party. " All the formalities are over. It's time to let loose and have fun! The reception, as you all probably know, is going to start with a grand entrance. If I'm not mistaken, this is the order we're supposed to be in."

The mummy ushered everyone to their appropriate spot in line.

"It'll start with the groomsmen. Best Man Shai will be called in first, and then Kev. Then we move on to the bridesmaids. Maid of Honor Marissa, then Lunette, and finally Nyreena. After you all are in, Spenst and I will make our entrance together."

The bandaged alien locked arms with her husband, whispering to him. She could see that look on his face. It was a look that she knew all too well.

"Come on, don't be nervous. Everything is going to be wonderful, just you wait and see." Olabisi playfully nudged the Ectonurite with her elbow, giggling. "I can't wait for you to take off my garter~"

Cue the music, and Mochi's ~lovely~ voice. Seriously, it was like that robot was made to be an announcer.

"Oh yes, here we go! Just act natural, Spenst," she encouraged him once more."Remember, this is a reception. It's supposed to be fun~"
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Re: Reception? Time to Party!

Post by Spenst on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:59 pm

There went that familiar squirming sensation in Spenst's chest again. He and Ola were about to make their grand entrance as husband and wife. Of course, the rest of the wedding party would be going in before them, but it still wasn't enough time to prepare himself. Did they both just walk in, or were they supposed to do some kind of special number? Apparently, the ghostly alien's nerves were definitely showing, as his wife was quick to comfort him.

But then she went on about the garter.

"Ola," he whispered back to her, "if you keep talking like that, I'm going to want to skip right to the honeymoon."

Still, as suggestive as that comment was, it did manage to lift his spirits.
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Shaiamils on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:06 pm

"Hey, consider yourself lucky, Spenst," Shaiamils commented. "At least you and Ola are going in last. I have to go in first! That's a bit of pressure to put on someone, don't you think?"

The avian chuckled.

"I kid, I kid. But still, try to loosen up, will you? This is a party, and I have no doubt in my mind that it's going to be one to remember."

The doctor waited through Scaramouche's opening speech. Soon enough, it was time for him to enter the room. Shai did so with a lot of pep in his step, the biggest, goofiest grin on his face as he waved to all the wedding guests, especially that announcer bot. The room wasn't very big compared to most wedding receptions, but it got the job done considering the small guest list. The tables were pushed aside so that there was room to dance at the center, and a buffet lined the back wall. The gold holiday lights were a nice touch as well.

At the end of said buffet was a very unique wedding cake. Were the gold parts really edible? If so, putting that together took some major talent! Shai idly wondered if the one who prepared it was going to be attending? If so, he was definitely going to have to give them his compliments.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Oh yes, let's not wake up such delightful worms. Kev stilled his clapping and cheering, smiling back at the Portal as he reminded them of the next step after the ceremony! Ah yes, the reception! His brown eyes seemed to glint, smile turning mischievous. The bouquet would be tossed, and he would catch it. All ten of his fingers wriggled in anticipation. Before he could join everybody else, however, the man had to stay back with the rest of the wedding party! He watched the guests leave, frowning as he gave his partner and adopted daughter a parting wave. No reunion yet...! Soon, so soon. A small sigh escaped him before the human stood to attention and looked back at the newly wedded couple.

Geez, how long had it been since Kev had been to a wedding reception? Felt like forever! Mentally running over the 'entering' order in his head, the man ran his fingers down the jacket and over his hair. Had to make sure everything looked nice! Here he naively thought the hardest part was over, now he had to enter the reception hall with everyone else. Hope they had something tasty to eat...! All these nerves were making him hungry! The former alien swallowed thickly, offering an awkward little grin at the antics of the bride and groom. "At least wait for the first piece of cake! Then, you can scuttle off to your honeymoon." Those two were gonna have a lovely night together!

Shai was the first to go, his fellow groomsman giving him a thumb's up before he went out. No pressure! Kev tiptoed closer to the entrance, waiting with baited breath for the announcement. Without further ado, it was his time to come out! The man took a deep breath and strolled out with a huge grin, glancing around the reception hall as he did so. Ooh, he quite liked the windows! Look at all this white. Oh, the buffet got his attention immediately, as did that golden cake! His accursed human mouth was watering. Kev at least had the good sense not to drool as he took his place next to Fear and Livewire, giving them both an eager hug once attention had shifted to the emerging Marissa. "Missed you." He whispered.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 2

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Marissa on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:26 pm

"Oh boy. Already talking about the honeymoon, are we?" Marissa teased the newlyweds."Like Kev said, you can head right on home after you share that first piece of cake. We at least need to do the first dance, bouquet, and garter toss, though. Spenst, I'm sure you're at least looking forward to the garter toss~"

The monstress laughed as the groom hid his head in his hands.

"Just take it off like no-one's watching, okay? Imagine that you and Ola are the only ones in the room! But try not to pop a-" she paused, going into an uncontrollable giggling fit, "you know."

In fact, Marissa was barely able to suppress her laughter in time before it was her turn to enter. She quickly joined Knock Out in the reception room, more than ready to rub elbows with her boss.

"Seriously, can you believe that they're finally official?" she asked him, tail wagging. "I am SO happy for them!"
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:56 pm

When applauding ceased, Lunette and the other members of the wedding party were directed to the next part. Weddings had so many parts to them, it was a wonder how they got done. The feline listened to instructions and followed suite; the groomsmen first, then Marissa, and soon after, Lunette trotted out excitedly, ready to claim a seat. Oh, everything looked quite nice, though! The food smelled wonderful but her sour tummy made it hard for her to feel hungry right now, but that cake... she wondered what flavor it was, hoping to get a nice piece and nibble it soon. Ooh, if there was one thing she loved about parties it was definitely the food!

"Of course," Lunette nodded, "you two will have a lovely honeymoon~!" Teasing aside, the Anitra was finally free to go and find her beloved, wanting to sit with him and cuddle. Oh, but wasn't he supposed to sing...? Would she even get a chance to say hello, at least? She hurried herself over to Scaramouche, gripping his hand softly and wrapping both arms around his thin waist, happily sinking her head into his side. "Hello darling, I missed you!" she stated before letting him go with a sad look, knowing he'd have to leave her side soon. "I'll wait for you, okay...? You'll be lovely up there... if you ever feel nervous, just know I'll be giving you lots of kisses when we're able~!" she cooed and brushed Scaramouche's arm lovingly before glancing around, and taking a seat.

Lunette had no idea what was to come next...
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Once X declared that it was time for the reception Nyreena was happy that she could be with Dominick and spend some time with each other and the newly wedded couple before they whisked themselves off to their honeymoon. But there were protocols to adhere to and they had to be followed before the fun could really begin. Following everyone else to where they would be entering she smiled happily at Ola and Spenst as the bride tried to help her groom calm his nerves down. Hearing Spenst mention about just skipping straight to the honeymoon she giggled and nodded with the others. "Yeah. Just at least stay for the cake cutting then you two can go and start your new lives together. And Marissa's right. Just think of it as you're the only two out there and it'll be a breeze."

Quickly memorizing the order they needed to go in the ghostly woman watched as everyone before went in at their introduction, smiling at how well Scaramouche was bringing everyone in. Then finally seeing that it was her turn to make her entrance she gave Ola and Spenst a warm and congratulatory smile before turning back as she heard Scaramouche call her name. Putting on a bright smile she strode out to see everyone, smiling even more as she went over to where Dominick was waiting for her, getting a kiss from him as she was helped into her seat. "Hey. Wasn't that amazing? I'm so happy that they're finally married." Knowing that it wasn't going to be long she heard Scaramouch finally announce the couple to enter and she gave a round of applause at their entrance.
    Anjeet
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Anjeet on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Immediately upon entering the reception room, Anjeet noticed the buffet. What caught the fuzzy alien's eye the most was that particularly impressive cake at the end. It looked like actual gold on the cake, but there was no way that could be true, right? You can't just eat gold, and she could only imagine what it would feel like to bite down on pure metal like that.

The cake was going to have to wait for now, though, as the wedding party was making their grand entrance. Scaramouche new just how to make it fun for everyone, too. Anjeet applauded everyone who entered, but went totally wild as the newlyweds finally came in.

This was going to be an amazing night.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:01 am

After the actual ceremony, the wedding guests had moved into a different room of the same building. While they waited for the wedding party to come in, Knock Out stood off to the side to inspect the reception hall. Big windows, good for letting in a lot of light! A bit more white than he'd like, but at least there were little golden lights. He eyed the buffet and the cake with an idle curiosity. It certainly looked like food! The decor on the cake was fancy and shiny. But it wasn't like he could sample any of it, so he was left gawking instead.

Suddenly, Scaramouche apparently started an opener of some kind! The mech snapped to attention, confusion all over his face. One by one the wedding party was announced by name and everybody walked in just as they had down the altar. This time however, the groomsmen and bridesmaids were able to reunite with their dates or family! Knock Out was a little surprised that Marissa had decided to join him, but he did nothing to dissuade her. "I'm surprised that they finally tied the knot! Guess this means we'll be seeing Olabisi around the Drive-In a lot more." The mech teased, though he didn't seem opposed to it. Spenst and Marissa had both been pretty reliable employees, and their company was appreciated. "They both seem elated to finally be together." He agreed, not as outwardly happy as the monster but not a sourpuss either.
    Dominick Comzistradt
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Dominick Comzistradt on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:37 pm

Once the wedding ceremony had concluded Dominick followed along with the other guests to where the reception was going to be. Stepping inside of the room Dominick was impressed by they big windows that let the view of the nature around them be seen at all sides. Noting the space made for the dance floor he knew that Nyreena was definitely going to want a dance or five on that during the night. Glancing at the buffet table at the back wall he could quickly take in the smells coming from it and figured that it was going to be a good night for eating. Then seeing the wedding cake he was quite impressed with the gold details, seeing how they were so intricately made it could almost be passed for the real thing.

Finding a table that was next to the dance floor he made himself comfortable and watched as the rest of the guests found their places and waited for the wedding party to come in. A short time later he watched as Scaramouche took his place and kicked things off he watched as the wedding party was introduced, first with the groomsmen then with the bridesmaids. Watching as Nyreena came in last with her bright smile and confident stride he couldn't help but smile as well, seeing how comfortable she was doing this. Getting to his feet as she approached he smiled and gave her a warm kiss before helping her into her seat and sitting back down next to her. "Yes, it was. A truly magical and wonderful moment for the both of them. And I agree. I believe that they will have a wonderful life together." When the couple was announced and they came in he joined his love in giving them a round of applause as well.
    Scaramouche
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Scaramouche on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:16 am

Somehow, by methods the android simply couldn't fathom, Scaramouche had miraculously and suddenly (read: inconveniently) undertaken a new role in this here wedding. By the time the snazzily-dressed robot had entered the reception area and readjusted his tie with a beaming grin, all the 'feel good' jitters in his metal frame quickly vanished without a trace. The following is why:

Nani!? wrote:Cue the music, and Mochi's ~lovely~ voice. Seriously, it was like that robot was made to be an announcer.

The doctor waited through Scaramouche's opening speech.

...especially that announcer bot.

...smiling at how well Scaramouche was bringing everyone in.

Scaramouche knew just how to make it fun for everyone, too.

Suddenly, Scaramouche apparently started an opener of some kind!

A short time later he watched as Scaramouche took his place and kicked things off he watched as the wedding party was introduced, first with the groomsmen then with the bridesmaids.

"...Wait, what?" He balked at the snippets above and pressed his metal lips into a tight, evident frown. "B... But I'm just the weddin' singer!" Scaramouche whined. No one told him he was supposed to announce jack, baby! Like seriously, where was the freaking memo!? Announcers need memos! The android drew in a deeeeeep artificial breath and dragged a hand across his shiny dome. "Okay, okay... Keep it cool, Scaramouche, babe. Keep it ice-cool," he mumbled. "You're a jazzy cat - a real swanky kinda guy. So ya didn't get the script; you've flown by the seat of your shapely pants for worse, baby! That said..." Optics pointedly shot a not-so-inconspicuous glare at the newlyweds. "...I will have my revenge." Drop a surprise on ol' Scaramouche and not inform him about it, eh? Think again! It was with a heavy power supply that the robot kissed Lunette's fluffy head and wistfully left her side. "Pardon me, mi vefo, but I do believe somebody ordered a roast."

Polished dress shoes gaily - clack-a-clack-a-clack-a'd - against floor tiling as Scaramouche made his approach to the foray of the gathering to kick things off. As folks would soon realize, however, the android's opening speech was going to be anything but orthodox. His grin was quite devious.

Pay attention, Livewire, because this is how you fanfic.

He strode to the podium (just kidding, there was no podium) and looked at home in the spotlight. "A-he-he-hem~! My I have your attention puh-lease, babes." Microphone? Hah, don't be absurd. With a voice this powerful, Scaramouche didn't need a microphone. Oh yeah, there also wasn't a microphone. "Now, I know what you're thinkin'," he began with all smiles and a hand raised, addressing the crowd. "Isn't that the robot who's supposed to be the weddin' singer? Why's this toothy schmuck up here makin' a speech or whatever? He ain't playin' any tunes or ticklin' the ivories - 'cause, y'know, there's totally a piano or organ that was planned ahead just like everythin' else, hon hon~!" Scaramouche outright laughed and delivered the kicker, "Normally - and I do use that word in the lightest meanin' possible - this is a gig for, y'know, the Best Man or - heavens to Murgatroyd - the Monster of Honor. But wahey, who cares about all that nigglin' tradition~? Why fret about it when ya can rely on some hapless fool - AKA: moi - to do it for free? It's not like he's included in the weddin' party or anythin' despite doin' all this work! Screw him, right~?" Salty Scaramouche was salty.

"Anyway," the robot cleared his riveted throat and strutted around with a flamboyant pep in his step, "I guess it's time I kicked this lil' piggy! Spenst and I go way back - waaaaay back. To the Great and Terrible War, in fact! You remember the Great and Terrible War, don't ya, Spenst baby? The one where we fought against The Bad People We Didn't Like? That war? Of course ya do, we were platoon mates - buddies! That's, like, totally why you're havin' me up here and not someone who honest to Aku knows you like the back of their hand - totally." Another synthesized laugh. "So like, anyway, there I was, stuck in my lil' trench and ready to kiss my ass goodbye, when, all of a sudden, this golden light shone brilliantly across the battlefield. Which was, y'know, just awful, by the way. Awful, awful stuff. War is Hell~! But lemme get to the good part, 'kay? We don't want to hear about all this dyin' crapola; it's icky." Were you sweating yet, newlyweds? "Anyway, anyway! So there I was, like I said, injured and ready to meet my shitty maker - probably a horrible Russian man - when out of this angelic choir, a golden light cast upon all of us SOBs, came ridin' astride the one and only, the man of the hour, my brother in arms and best friend, Spenst~!" You should really be sweating. "He rode to us - specifically, me - and picked my sorry metal ass up by the seat of my torn miserable pants and let me ride on his cottony, chesticled alien-octopus-pony. Oh I'm tellin' ya, babes... It was a bea-YOO-ti-ful stallion. Real purebred stuff!" Another laugh, another shit-eating grin. "He saved my life on that day, Spenst did~! He's a real pal, through and through! I can't think of anyone who wouldn't want to marry him, and - honest to Aku - I almost did on that day. But hey, if ya wanna know the PG-13 version of this tale, then you're gonna have to pay the piper. No more freebies~! I'm fresh out, folks."

Now it was Olabisi's turn.

He eyed the bride and gestured to the alien. "And Olabisi, wow. What can I say~?" Scaramouche just kept grinning and grinning like the shitcan he was. "She's a real lovely dame - a keeper you'd bring home to Mom. Didja know we also knew each other way back when? I'm afraid that our origins aren't as glamorous as the groom's, but it's a thriller lemme tell you~!" A Scaramouche thriller. "So, like, there I was, y'know? Stuck in a bathroom stall and freshly out of toilet paper. Oh babes, I know - horrible, am I right? Like, who doesn't keep stock of toiletries in a public restroom? Anyway, that harrowin' detail notwithstandin', I was surely gonna die right there on the spot. My pants were down, my charge was low, there was no outlet anywhere, and now there wasn't any toilet paper... Surely, I was doomed. What's a 'bot with exposed ankles supposed to do?" He laughed a shitty laugh. "I'll tell ya what I did, babes - I McFreakin' prayed for a miracle and that miracle, ladies and gentlemen, was none other than the fabulous Olabisi herself!" Here came the android's favorite part. "She came waltzin' into the bathroom, heard my wonderful sobs of despair, and was kind enough to say, 'Hey Mochi, d'ya need a hand~?'" Who said there couldn't be any potty humor at weddings? "If ya want someone with a nasty left hand - and I mean a real nasty left hand - look no further than the bride~!"

"Hon, hon~! The rest, as they say, is history!" the robot snickered. Why yes, Scaramouche was extremely pleased with his mischief. "Anyway, enough about all this sentimental crapola, baby! We're here to par-TAY and celebrate the good times. So, without further ado, I'm gonna usher in the weddin' party - that I'm totally a part of, remember - and get things rollin'. But, before I do..." He grabbed a nearby chair in a fit of spontaneity and sat upon it, grinning like the fiend he was. "First, an ancient Chinese technique to bring good fortune and lots and lots of happy sex on their honeymoon. Trust me, babes, I'm a professional~! Otherwise, they wouldn't have hired me." For free.

And then Scaramouche hamboned. In Mandarin. Because he was a next level troll and did it for the aesthetic.

Slap-A-whap-A-tap-tap-TAP! Whack-A-smack-A-slap-slap-SLAP!

Alright, that was enough taking the piss. Time to do his job! The android leaped off his chair with a terrific flourish and practically crooned with delight, "Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to announce our first member of the weddin' party - " again, that he wasn't included to " - the one...! The only...! Shaaaaaiamils! Get on over here and strut your thang, hot fluff~!" Moral of the story, folks: whatever you do, don't spite a robot named Scaaaaramouche~!
    Bailey and Creamer
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:08 pm

Well that was...something.

The redhead pursed her lips slightly, looking around. Okay, so, reception. Reception time. Time for the reception. Which was when the toasts and things happened right? Probably! She had no idea.

But, still...something needed to be addressed. Bailey looked at those gathered before leaning in to whisper to her date's ear. "Did...did the god really...break in half, to get it started?"  Yeah. Bailey was still stuck on that.

Oh, but Scaramouch was talking now. Better pay attention!

"Normally - and I do use that word in the lightest meanin' possible - this is a gig for, y'know, the Best Man or - heavens to Murgatroyd - the Monster of Honor. But wahey, who cares about all that nigglin' tradition~? Why fret about it when ya can rely on some hapless fool - AKA: moi - to do it for free? It's not like he's included in the weddin' party or anythin' despite doin' all this work! Screw him, right~?"

Oh dang.

Outside, Creamer actually smiled.

And then Scaramouch just...he just laid it out. Bailey's confused, polite smile slowly grew more and more confused until it looked more like she was imagining her house burning down rather than attending a wedding reception. What, what was happening? What was happening??? What???  What, a war? And then...toilet paper jokes? What's happening.  What was happening???????

And then...and then he claped a lot?  Okay. That was um...um........ Well.

Well.

Bailey was having trouble processing the happenings. Outside, in a small pile of rocks and twigs and dirt, a horror-show of a demon was cackling openly, clapping two of his hands together. Oh, oh it was lovely. He might have mischaracterized the robot after all.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Sticking close to Bailey, Korra glanced around the new room with wide eyes. This was like the...after-party, right? That sounded logical. Tables, chairs, food, even some cake! Really shiny cake at that. Already the Avatar appreciated how roomy this place was. The windows somehow made it feel even more open! The buffet line was looking particularly scrumptious, but she noticed that nobody else was moving to the food. They had to wait, huh? Especially since the wedding party didn't look like they were here yet. Well, she could survive a few more minutes. Glancing to her date, Korra's lips quirked into an amused grin as she leaned in as well. "Absolutely. Right down the middle!" Rest easy, Bailey. That had not been a hallucination!

However, the current scene before them had to be a hallucination. Scaramouche had...taken the...not-stage, area of the room? And began to speak, performing an odd sort of speech. Korra idly played with her turtle bracelet, eyebrows crawling their way up her forehead with every word. Frankly, she felt like she was missing out on something. A lot of somethings. Uncle Mochi definitely did not sound happy! Now, the Avatar didn't know many things, but she was definitely not aware that Spenst and Scaramouche had been in a war together! Leaning towards Bailey against, she whispered "Is that some sort of...um. Earth war thing?" As far as she knew, the jazzy robot had been from a version of Earth. A version with Spenst on it? And...alien-octopus-ponies? The saddest part was that she could easily imagine one of those. And it did look pretty fabulous in her mind's eye. The groom apparently saved Scaramouche's life, which was nice of him!

Oh, but story-time was not over. The android's tale with the bride was decidedly less glorious, and left little to the imagination. Olabisi was made of bandages... The Avatar clamped a hand over her mouth to muffle a snicker, staring forward at the speech giving robot! Was this usual for weddings? ...Was it okay to skip this part if ever she got married? Before anyone could come marching inside, Scaramouche insisted upon a 'Chinese technique' to impart luck on the happy couple. He...slapped and smacked at his own body, creating a ton of clapping sounds, and speaking a language she didn't understand. He honestly looked as if he were trying to catch a bug skittering over his body! By the time he began to list off the names of the wedding party, Korra clapped her hands together in a sudden and awkward burst of applause. She honestly didn't know what else to do! Cheeks burning as her applause died down, she made a mental note to check on the robot afterwards and make sure he wasn't overheating or something.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:19 am

Eh, a reception. Just another formality keeping them apart as the minutes dragged ever so slowly. Fear quietly searched for a table furthest from the doorways, away from the windows, and somewhat close to the food. Hey, the brawny man wasn't lively when operating on an empty stomach. He pulled out a chair for Livewire and did the same for himself once the wee lass claimed her seat. "Hm, interesting cake," Fear muttered. White frosting and gold accents? Well, it seemed edible... How'd the buffet look?

...Fairly non-descriptive, but food was food. He shrugged and sat down with a faint groan of his chair, scooting forward. A low rumble tickled Livewire's ears. "Almost, lass, almost. We'll be going home soon enough. You're doing well." They were doing well, considering.

All this socializing positively felt like murder on Fear's nerves.

Clack-a-clack-a-clack-a!

Oh.

Speaking of...

Emerald eyes narrowed as Fear's grip around his glass of water tightened. "Mm," was all he uttered as a certain annoying tin can compelled the group's attention. A stupid grin for a stupid personality. Fear didn't know what anyone saw in such a boisterous fool, especially Kev. But, then again... people had decried the same about their relationship, hadn't they? He enjoyed a petite sip of water and focused on keeping his expression stoic. Eh... the robot was still irritating, relative arguments or not, and Fear would love nothing more than to punch that metal gob into barely recognizable scraps. No one would be able to piece Humpty Dumpty back together again once Fear was done with him. "Smarmy bugger... don't know what he's smiling about. Probably up to no good." A Judge's intuition was seldom wrong. And, as fate would have it, his concerns were right on the money - just... not in a way Fear could've imagined.

"Normally - and I do use that word in the lightest meanin' possible - this is a gig for, y'know, the Best Man or - heavens to Murgatroyd - the Monster of Honor. But wahey, who cares about all that nigglin' tradition~? Why fret about it when ya can rely on some hapless fool - AKA: moi - to do it for free? It's not like he's included in the weddin' party or anythin' despite doin' all this work! Screw him, right~?"

Cor blimey! Well smack Fear silly and call him a piss-drinking Irishman; that insolent machine was throwing shade on the newlyweds!

"Hah!" He laughed a shameless laugh, curt and booming like the din of summer thunder rolling across the Samba Heartlands. It appeared someone was a jaded bastard, alright. And that someone had been erroneously given the power to make a speech. Fear couldn't help but chuckle into his glass, head shaking. "Poor sods," he muttered to Livewire. The man swallowed his drink and wore a tiny, unrepentant smile. "This is what happens when you place misguided trust in a charlatan." It was true, though. Why had the newlyweds relied so heavily upon the robot? Did they know him very well? Were they best friends? Frowning to himself, Fear idly tipped his half-full glass back and forth, ice cubes rattling softly as he contemplated these pressing matters. Mainly, who would be friends with such a sassy tart and why? Kev absolutely didn't factor into this equation - it'd be downright cheating. Wait, what's this about a war?

Sure enough, that obnoxious hunk of junk prattled on and on about this Great and Terrible War he and the groom had 'apparently' fought in, and how the latter saved his life while riding atop this... alien-octopus-pony? "That was clearly a mistake," Fear snorted. What were they even listening to...? This surely couldn't be fact, could it? No, no! Absolutely not. A reasonably objective fellow could take one glance at Spenst and realize that the dopey specter was hardly brawny enough for proper fisticuffs, let alone military duties.

No, the robot was being a right bellend and he was feeding them a steaming line of bullshit. "What an arrogant little prick. Someone ought to knock him down a few pegs."

"I'll tell ya what I did, babes - I McFreakin' prayed for a miracle and that miracle, ladies and gentlemen, was none other than the fabulous Olabisi herself! She came waltzin' into the bathroom, heard my wonderful sobs of despair, and was kind enough to say, 'Hey Mochi, d'ya need a hand~?'"

Holy shit.

"HA HA HAAAAAAAA!" Sorry newlyweds, but Fear lost it. He absolutely and happily lost it. Raucous guffawing bellowed from out of the fathomless depths of Fear's belly, tears welling in his eyes and his freckled cheeks rosy. It didn't take a genius figuring out why; that cheeky piece of shit insinuated that Olabisi - AKA: the walking bog roll - wiped the tin man's metal ass with her papery mitts!  

"If ya want someone with a nasty left hand - and I mean a real nasty left hand - look no further than the bride~!"

Oh good lord.  

This was his kind of humour, through and through, and Fear wasn't ashamed at letting everyone know it - he sometimes had the social awareness of a daft toddler. And when the robot started slapping himself and speaking in what sounded like Chinese, Fear's sides began hurting more and more. "J-Jesus H. Christ...!" he wheezed, breathless and red in the face. "I don't know what in the Hell those two numpties did to piss him off, but I bloody well like it!" There was enough salt in the air to properly season their meals! Though he really shouldn't - really, really shouldn't - Fear loudly clapped at such brazen tomfoolery and felt quite spirited by the performance. He took it back; Lunette couldn't have picked a more charming jerk.
    Livewire
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Staying tucked at the side of her guardian, Livewire was holding similar thoughts regarding the reception. She had stayed for the wedding, hadn't she? Did she honestly need to stay for all of this? Why couldn't she just drop off her gift and leave back home, to where her favorite animals were staying? Her eyes noted the cake when Fear pointed it out, but she didn't feel the need to comment on it. It was a pretty cake, yes, that was for certain. And the food looked fine. But they could have just as easily made a quick lunch at home.

The child took to her chair and, with a few little jumps, scooted it closer to Fear's own. She would reach one of her hands to one of his both in an effort to take and to provide encouragement. They were almost through this, it was just eating and talking and then they could go back home. She felt she had fulfilled her socialization requirements for the day, hadn't she? It wasn't like she was promised to be chatty with anyone. And when a certain tall robot took the center stage, she ducked down to be further within the shadow of Fear's bulk. She didn't know what to think about him. He was obviously capable of violence, but for whatever reason he didn't like to use it. And, he obviously had a problem with her, so it was only safe for her to have issue with him. When he started speaking she just went to ignore him, but found that she was entirely unable to.

As he spoke she found that her attention was drawn to Scaramouch yet again. Was he...angry? What was happening? Of course she didn't really know or care about typical wedding traditions, but apparently Scaramouch being expected to start things off was an insult. And, oh boy, he was responding in kind. The femme managed a nod when Fear spoke to her and commented on the lack of forethought of the newlyweds. And then-

"I guess it's time I kicked this lil' piggy! Spenst and I go way back - waaaaay back. To the Great and Terrible War, in fact! You remember the Great and Terrible War, don't ya, Spenst baby? The one where we fought against The Bad People We Didn't Like? That war? Of course ya do, we were platoon mates - buddies! That's, like, totally why you're havin' me up here and not someone who honest to Aku knows you like the back of their hand - totally."

Then it became amazing

Livewire's eyes widened, stretching the skin around them fully. This was, this was amazing. This was storytelling with so much more salt and injury than she had ever concieved. This was the creation of an entire past, of characters, for the sole purpose of sticking it to someone. This was... it was beautiful. This was a weaving of words into a fantastic, visual "sod-off" tapestry! Where there was only suspicion in her opinion before, a great blossoming of awe took its place. He was coming up with this on the fly, using only his own insult and his imagination to put this entire thing together. And...and it was funny! Livewire wasn't much of one for toilet humor, but Fear was. Scaramouch was taking the imposition forced on him and turning it into sweet, audience-tailored vengence. It was a work of art, what was happening.

And then he did some...clapping, stuff. But that didn't matter. Before Livewire even knew it, she was out of her seat, dropping down onto the floor as her hands came together rapidly, providing a burst of very enthusiastic applause. How could she not?! She had just witnessed a master at work. She kept up the clapping for a good 7 seconds, before the reminder that she was in a room with other people slowed her hands. Without making eye-contact with anyone, Livewire sat back into her seat and ducked her head back down. But, well...she looked back at Scaramouch.

Sure, he was...weird, and she might not have liked him a lot. But...oh, oh boy did she admire him right then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:34 pm