110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Going the Extra Mile

Post by Scaramouche on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Time: 09:00:00
    Date: 12.11.08

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon... where were you?

All morning, Scaramouche had been an excited bundle of overcharged parts. Last night with Lunette had simply been amazing but this was for an entirely different reason. A romantic reason. The two heavy stones weighing down his metal palms began to sear figurative holes; one gleamed a soft silver in the morning sun while the other shone with a radiant, fiery blue. "Hnnngh...!" Impatient. Impatient, impatient, impatient. The android quickly rocked on his heels and felt like shouting. It was 09:00:00 on the dot - that's when this place opened up. Said so right on the displayed timecard hanging up in a window. And yet no one was here. No one was here and he had lots of work to do with so little time to complete it. Today was Monday and the big day was on Saturday; five days. Five measly days to create perfection. Every second counted and not one could be wasted.

Clop...! Clop...! Clop...!

...Hm?

Auditory receptors prickled. Wait! Someone was approaching - two someones. Could it be...? Holding his artificial breath, the robot peered over the brick wall of a nearby building. Brown hair, red eyes... Brown hair, red eyes... He needed to spot  - aha! Brown hair and red eyes~!

Though a smidgen late (two minutes, in fact), Scaramouche recognized the Chop Shop's employees anywhere. There was Jo~! There was her purple sourpuss~! They were here! And if they were here, that meant he could quickly get to work! He waited a minute - alright, half a minute - to let the employees unlock the shop's front door and shuffle inside, but no sooner had they... Zoooom! The grinning robot put the pedal to the metal and practically threw himself inside. "Howdy and good mornin', babes~!" he damn near shouted, all smiles and rainbows. "I hope you both got plenty of shut-eye 'cause I got a job for ya~!"

Thunk, thunk!

Two large stones, one dull but with glints of silver and the other dazzling beyond all belief, thumped against the storefront counter. They were easily the size of soccer balls due to the sheer gigantic nature of Scaramouche's hands. "Ta-da~!" he smiled brightly, showing lots of teeth. "Pretty cool, right? I know what you're thinkin'... Why would I bring precious ores and gems to a mechanic, hm? Simple~! You got all the tools I need to make custom jewelry!" You heard that right: he wanted to make jewelry. Metal fingers - rappa-tap-tappa'd - against the rocks. "A-And in case you're also wonderin', this is for a gift. A gift for Lu~!" The revelation brought sparkles to his optics. "All I need to do is clean the stuff here, mold and polish it, and then I can make the jewelry. I'll do most of the labor myself, promise! How 'bout it, babes? Wouldja like to help me on my fool's errand~? If ya want, I can pay you in cold, hard moola or you can keep the rest of my goodies! And believe me, I'm gonna be leavin' lots of leftovers." Please say 'yes'. Please, please, please say 'yes'!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Going the Extra Mile

Post by Zurg on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:57 pm

"Howdy and good mornin', babes~!"

Mm.

Mmmm.

Zurg had barely opened the register when a certain honking menace came barreling into their establishment. "...Hello, Scaramouche," the alien flatly sighed. Tired red eyes took particular note of the large, uncut rocks within the robot's hands. Eh, he brought... ore? One of them glistened with a silvery twinkle and the other, though indiscernible at this distance, was undoubtedly some sort of gemstone. What an odd circumstance... Then again, Scaramouche was nothing but odd.

Unlike her eternally scowling companion, Jo wasn't a morning person. In fact, she was the exact opposite of a morning person. With no coffee in her system and desperately wanting to crawl back into bed, it was no wonder the mechanic hardly reacted to their very eager first customer. "Whaaa...?" she blinked groggily, brain only firing at half capacity. "Scaramouche, like... it's 9AM in the morning. What're you doing out here so early?" Yes, early. This was early for Jo. Groaning, she rubbed her face with a gloved hand and tried to appear somewhat professional. "Okay, okay... what do you got for us?" Cosmos, this guy had no business being as chipper as he did. It was morning. Who, other than Big Z, was happy during this time of day?

Thunk, thunk!

...Huh?

She eyed the unshapely hunks of rock curiously, not quite certain as to what she was staring at. "Um... these are really big. Like, really big," the mechanic stated, pointing at Scaramouche's 'goodies'. What, did he pinch these off a jeweler? Where did the android even get boulders like these? "No offense, but we don't accept st - "

"Pretty cool, right? I know what you're thinkin'... Why would I bring precious ores and gems to a mechanic, hm? Simple~! You got all the tools I need to make custom jewelry!"

Wow, this guy was a jabberjaw. None of what Scaramouche cheerfully went on about made a lick of sense in Jo's frazzled mind. He was definitely happy, she could give him that. But as for anything else? Yeah, nada. This mechanic was still trying to wake up. She almost nodded off right where she stood, until - "...Wait, did you say jewelry?" Okay, that woke her up. "Um, I don't know how to tell you this, Scaramouche," Jo gently began, "but this is a mechanic's shop. A mechanic's. We, you know, fix and repair things? Not make necklaces or rings...?" Like, what? Zurg, helpful as always, merely shrugged. "Hey, don't look at me," he rumbled. "I haven't the foggiest idea of what's going on." Mm, thanks. Thanks a lot.

Fortunately, Scaramouche had no difficulty elaborating for their poor, befuddled minds.

"A-And in case you're also wonderin', this is for a gift. A gift for Lu~! All I need to do is clean the stuff here, mold and polish it, and then I can make the jewelry. I'll do most of the labor myself, promise! How 'bout it, babes? Wouldja like to help me on my fool's errand~? If ya want, I can pay you in cold, hard moola or you can keep the rest of my goodies! And believe me, I'm gonna be leavin' lots of leftovers."

Literally 90% of what Scaramouche said wouldn't have changed the mechanic's mind; she would've politely told him to find a proper jeweler's shop and try there, BUT - ! "A gift for Lunette~?" Jo instantly gasped and clapped her hand together, smiling wide and looking smitten. Aw, cute! The robot was trying to make jewelry for Lunette and he was coming to them for help! Now they couldn't possibly turn Scaramouche away. "Oh how romantic~!" she swooned. "Of course we'll help in this lovely endeavor, Scaramouche! Would you like to head downstairs? All of our tools are - "

"Seriously?"

Oh boy.

The Grand Poobah himself wasn't as enraptured by the idea; he seldom was. "Jo," Zurg scolded, "we are not jewelers. We should direct the android to someone who is a professional in the field." True, true. That was the logical decision.

She stuck her nose in the air and harrumphed, side-eyeing her companion. "And miss out on a wonderful lovey-dovey opportunity as this~?" Jo's grin spread from ear-to-ear. "Ha, no way, Big Z! You could learn a thing or two from Scaramouche."

Pregnant pause. Wait for it... Waaaait for it...!

"...Hmph!"

Music to the mechanic's ears.

"Mm~!" Jo redirected her gaze to the android and winked. "Anyway, come on downstairs, Scaramouche! We have the tools you need to make Lunette the perfect gift. Big Z, help him carry those large rocks while I give him a tour. Please and thank you~!"

The alien didn't bother hiding his thoughts. "Learn a thing or two..." he grumbled sourly. "I can be plenty romantic!"

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Scaramouche
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Scaramouche on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:49 pm

"Scaramouche, like... it's 9AM in the morning. What're you doing out here so early?"

The robot simply blinked. "...But 09:00 ain't early," he hesitantly answered. Hm! Apparently, Jo wasn't much of a morning person and her companion (AKA: sourpuss) wasn't a fan of vibrant personalities. Oh well! Scaramouche's grin never once faltered and he remained in high spirits. "I know you're not jewelers, babes! If I wanted actual jewelers, I wouldn't be here botherin' ya, now, would I~?" Nothing like a healthy dose of sass to start one's day. Though, what's this about fencing stolen goods...?

Eh! Scaramouche let it slide and thought nothing of Jo's insensitive comment; it'd be like the pot calling the kettle black if he did. "Yeah, a gift for Lulu~!" the android happily beamed. He gave the craggy boulders a few playful - rappa-tap-tap! - smacks and figured it time for a story. Hey, Jo seemed welcoming to the notion of hopeless romance!

"If you're wonderin' how I got these beauties, don't worry a single hair on your darlin' heads~! They're not pinched from someone's collection or a ritzy store, promise. I actually braved the wilderness, fancied a bit of spelunkin', and carved 'em out of a rocky wall myself! Pretty swanky, huh? Those are the breathtakin' lengths we'll go for the ones we love~!" The android could see it now... Jo's heart was practically aflutter with his daring escapade, the dame undoubtedly wanting to swoon in lofty admiration. Who wouldn't? Aside from, y'know, the purple humbug beside her. "Hon hon~!" Scaramouche laughed that annoying laugh, his circuits tickled pink by Jo's teasing, and lightly bowed. Ooh, bet her words stung that purple asshole~! "Thank you~!" he smiled. "It means a lot to this old 'bot that you're gonna help out. Otherwise, I'd be up shit creek without a paddle!"

...Oh, downstairs? T-That's where Jo kept her, uh, tools?

A heavy lump made itself right at home in Scaramouche's throat but he wisely didn't object. "S-Sure~!" the robot faltered with a cheesy grin. "Ladies first, yeah?" Oof... Now was not the time for unpleasant memories resurfacing. Everything was gonna be fine; Jo wasn't gonna pull any tricks, her muscly coworker wasn't gonna throw a dirty blow when Scaramouche least expected it. They weren't gonna do something terrible to him against his wishes. He eyeballed the stairwell leading down to the basement, past a beaded curtain, and quietly gulped. "J-Just, y'know, whenever you're r-ready, hon hon...~!" Things were gonna be fine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 am