Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Ring in the Wedding Bells

Post by Spenst on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:36 am

DATE: NOVEMBER 30TH, 0008
    TIME: APPROX. 6:40 PM

Spenst looked at himself in the dressing room mirror. As fine as he looked, a nagging voice in the back of his head was always there to nitpick ever little minor detail. The Ectonurite was about to marry the love of his life in just a little over ten minutes, and he wanted to look perfect. Let's see... Did the cleaners iron his tux enough? Was the matching hat completely spotless? And did the hat truly match his tux?

It was at times like these that Spenst was none too fond of the idea of asking for reassurance. If he asked, then everyone would be able to see his nerves getting the better of him. But then again, it was probably likely that they could already see it. In that case, what did he have to lose?

The ghostly alien picked a tiny stray thread off his tux before turning to face his grooomsmen. He could tell by the look on their faces that they were probably as eager as he was. But, unlike them, Spenst was both excited and anxious. Well then, here goes nothing!

"How do I look?" he finally asked them, arms outstretched. "Nothing looks out of place, does it? Am I good to go?"
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Re: Ring in the Wedding Bells

Post by Shaiamils on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:46 am

Shaiamils did his best to suppress a chuckle at Spenst's ansty behavior. It was one of those things that was funny, but also not funny. Sure, the avian could understand where the nerves were coming from, but this was supposed to be a happy occasion. Eventually, the Ectonurite turned around and asked him and Kev for their approval. The doctor was starting to wonder when he would finally ask.

"You look great," he replied, giving the the groom-to-be a thumbs up. "Don't worry about it! And besides, I'm sure Ola is the type of person who would love your outfit even if one little detail was out of place. But I'm not saying there is, of course."

The feathery alien pulled a tiny bottle out of his pocket.

"Would you like to borrow some of my cologne, by the way?"
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:45 pm

What a familiar little scene. Standing before a groom who was staring at himself in the mirror with nerves that were as easy to see as the clothes on his back. Familiar and yet different, as Kev didn't possess a single scale on his body. Fluffy black hair had been slicked back with a bit of gel, still carrying the scent of his shampoo. Despite the species changing he'd done, the suit still seemed to fit him perfectly. Before Spenst turned around, he smoothed out the fabric of his jacket so that it looked perfectly presentable. A ring glinted from one of his fingers. Once he was face to face with the husband-to-be, the human gave him a wide grin with squinted eyes!

"I think you look perfect! That little hat is so you. I bet that'll be Olabisi's favorite part." Kev turned towards Shai with a blink, surprised. "Whoa, you're really prepared for this wedding, Shai! Nice choice~! A dash of that will have you smelling great!" He himself had borrowed a bit of Fear's Axe Kilo. Although this was hardly the first wedding Kev had ever taken part in, it may be the wedding he was most eager to attend! Despite himself, the man couldn't seem to wipe the smile off of his face.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 2

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Marissa on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Marissa could hardly contain her excitement in the bridal room as she helped her friend get ready for her special day. The monstress had been looking forward to this moment for months, ever since Spenst sent her that first text message announcing that Olabisi had said yes. And the fact that she was the maid of honor was the icing on top of the already delicious cake. The tauric monster had no doubt in her mind that this night was going to be one of those nights to remember.

"You look amazing, Ola," she complimented the mummy, tail wagging. "I can't wait to see Spenst's jaw drop when you walk down the isle!"
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:27 pm

It was... strange.

The chapel was beautiful and reminded her of the ones back home, though with a much... it was a lot brighter. Brighter and friendlier. The structure was the same, though. Without thinking too much about it, Lunette's fingers soon found themselves without the metallic hand of Scaramouche's within its grasp. Now that made her think, but only for how suddenly she wished to be by his side and holding his hand or touching him in some way. It was a little selfish, considering she should be focusing more on Olabisi!

It was her wedding, after all. She was marrying Spenst, a friend from their original home, which made it very cute and romantic. They were both lucky to have found each other here, since it seemed rare to meet up with a friend from a prior world. They truly were very lucky...

You look amazing, Ola!

Those words popped her mind back into focus, having let it wander for a few minutes. Once separated from her better half and heading to the direction of Olabisi's area, she found Marissa with her and complimenting her dress. Marissa, she didn't know too well, but the monstress was friendly! Lunette waved to her in greeting, lifting up the hem of her dress as she approached. Her attention soon turned to the bride herself, greeting her with a smile and wave as well and said "hello Ola~! Everything looks so nice, but not as lovely as you!" Those blue cat-eyes soon looked Olabisi up and down in her wedding attire. "Are you nervous?" she asked, ears perked forward.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:04 pm

Well, today was the day for Ola's and Spenst's wedding and Nyreena couldn't have been happier for the two. Knowing them for a good while she felt very honored that Ola wanted her to be a bridesmaid. and the choice of the gold for the bridesmaid's dress was absolutely perfect. To her it went well with her blue hair perfectly, which was done up in a nice side hairstyle, to help keep it out of her face. After all, it was going to be a long night. Along with it was a nice bracelet and a set of dangle earrings. Hopefully it wasn't too much.

Arriving with Dominick she separated from him, telling him that she would meet up with him once all the formality was over at the reception. Getting an agreement from him and light kiss to her cheek she made her way to where Ola and the others were at. As she stepped inside she saw Ola, Marissa, and Lunette and smiled happily. "Hey everyone! Oh Ola, you look absolutely amazing! I think that's the best wedding dress I've ever seen! Oh, this is going to so awesome!"
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Olabisi was positively beaming as her bridesmaids showered her in comments. The mummy admired her getup in the tall mirror as she tied her "hair" into a high bun, more than satisfied with the end result. Indeed, she had a while to think about the look that she wanted to go for, but it took her quite a while to find a dress that truly spoke to her. The bandaged alien really hoped that she never went all Bridezilla on anyone while dress shopping. That would have been embarrassing!

"Aww, thanks everyone," she replied, failing to suppress a giggle. "Yeah, I'm definitely a little nervous, but mostly excited. Really excited. I'm totally with you, Marissa. I can't wait to see Spenst's face when he sees me~!"

The Ectonurite was probably going to cry. In all honesty, though, she would probably cry as well. Sometimes words really couldn't properly convey emotion.
    Anjeet
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Anjeet on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:43 pm

Anjeet entered the chapel with a skip in her step. This was going to be the first wedding that she would ever attend outside of her home planet. As such, she didn't doubt that this would be an exciting experience in the slightest. The Jawa made a last minute effort to fully straighten her dress, which had been specially tailored to fit someone of her diminutive stature. She also sniffed her armpits, and anywhere else that might be smelly. As luck would have it, that especially long bath seemed to pay off.

The alien took a note of a sign outside. "Sit anywhere," it said. And so she did, claiming a front row seat, no less.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:42 am

Not long after Anjeet scurried into the chapel did the doors open to reveal a rather shiny guest. As if to make up for the lack of clothing he could wear, Knock Out stepped inside the church looking shinier than ever! The chapel's lighting reflected off of the cherry paint, and the mech carried a faint smell of wax behind him as he swaggered inside. Around his neck, he wore a cream colored bow tie. Thanks to the movies he'd watched, the former Decepticon was well aware that this sort of event needed formal wear. His body didn't really lend itself to a tuxedo however, so this simple bow tie would have to do. It was the price to be paid for being him!

Black and crimson optics roamed around the room curiously. This was the first wedding he'd ever attended, and the first visit to one of these 'churches'. A strange building. So this was the place where humans prayed to their creator? Hm. Taking note of the sign to sit anywhere, Knock Out's ivory lips pursed in thought. Where to sit? Although Spenst was his employee, they weren't exactly best buddies or anything. Their relationship was professional yet friendly. Deciding to play it safe, the mech slipped into the back row. Resting his arm on the back of the pew, Knock Out's optics resumed scanning the room. Wonder when the whole 'wedding march' would start? Films always kinda skipped to that part, if not fast forwarding immediately to the 'I do's. The nitty gritty was left on the wayside.
    Dominick Comzistradt
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Dominick Comzistradt on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:19 am

Getting himself ready Dominick was sure that this was going to be a truly wonderful day for the happy couple. Back home in Romania weddings were an excellent time to celebrate two people joining together and it made him think back to when his mother and stepfather were married. It was definitely a significant moment in his life as well since it meant that he was getting the father figure he desperately wanted in his life. Since then weddings were always a time when he was the most happy. Adjusting the tie on his suit, he set his hair in a small ponytail, spritzed some cologne on, and went to pick up Nyreena so that she could get to the church on time. When he arrived at her door just as she stepped out he thought that she was stunning as usual and used the time getting to the church telling her that.

Once they arrived he listened to what his lover told him and he nodded, giving her a light kiss on her cheek as she went to where she needed to be. Smiling as he watched her disappear he decided to walk around a bit, more out of habit when he patrolled a village to make sure that there wasn't anything evil lying in wait. Once he finished he headed inside to the chapel and was thoroughly impressed by it. Definitely not something he was used to but something he was very open to. Seeing the sign he looked around to find a good spot, giving Knock Out a wave hello as he did, and took up an aisle seat on the right side near the front. It wasn't going to be long now.
    Scaramouche
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scaramouche on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:43 pm

"Wake up, ya sleepy head~! We gotta get ready for the weddin'! ...You did remember that it's today, right?"

All morning and afternoon, Scaramouche had been a buzzing cyclone of energy and smiles - perhaps much to the amazement of his Anitra partner. Fatigue? Jittery nerves? Soul-crushing sadness? No, no, no! There was no time for that - not today. Today was the big day, baby! Not his, per se... but Olabisi's and Spenst's! And that meant the android just couldn't wallow on past troubles. Too much work to do, so little time!

Getting themselves up and at' em (mostly Lunette) wasn't as difficult as it seemed. No sooner had she crawled out of bed and asked what time it was, Scaramouche had already ironed all of their clothes and was ushering the Anitra toward the bathroom. Never mind what time it was; her coat needed to be brushed and silky, her hair needed to be styled, her make-up needed to be applied, and her nails needed to be trimmed and painted! This was, after all, a wedding? Everyone had to simply look their best - nothing else would satisfy the android's stringent expectations. Alas, alas... Such were the woes of living with an over-eager robot, but the Anitra really did look breathtaking by the end of his fussing. A pity they'd have to separate upon arriving at the chapel...

Their journey to Portal City's sprawling park didn't take the couple very long - not when their place was literally a few meters away. They said their parting goodbyes at the venue and kissed, Lunette vanishing with the other bridesmaids and Scaramouche... well, and Scaramouche left to his own devices once he entered the chapel proper.

"Alright!" he widely grinned, rubbing his hands. "Time to make an absolute menace of myself~!"

AKA: to schmooze.

Polished dress shoes gaily - rappa-tap-tappa'd - against tile as the android made his rounds, metal fingers readjusting the knot of his silk tie. Gotta make certain he looked prim and proper! And speaking of looking good... Scaramouche spied, with his lil' eye, a rather shiny and handsome red mech. And whenever there was a shiny and handsome red mech... "Ooh, Knock Out, you dashin' scoundrel, you~!" The flamboyant lilt in his synthetic voice was like clockwork as Scaramouche siiiiidled up beside the subject of his current fancy, the android's coy gaze nothing short of flirtatious. "I am just diggin' the finish, babe. How'd ya know I adore a mech who can dazzle me so~?" Alright, alright. That was thick enough. He cut his purring short and left Knock Out's radiant presence with a shameless wink. "Your bow tie is adorable, by the way...~! Real debonair." Now then, who else hadn't Scaramouche bothered... Aha! Anjeet and Dominick were already here, how nice~!

"Anjie~! Dommy~!" No one was escaping Scaramouche tonight. With a fluid spin on his heels and a quirky bow, the android introduced himself in true, typical fashion. "Ya both look so ravishin'~!" he effortlessly praised. "Wine is a good color on ya, Anjeet - and no, ya don't smell~!" Why yes, Scaramouche had caught the Jawa sniffing her own pits in public. Rude, baby, rude~! "And as for you, Dom, baby..." The android's mannerisms grew a bit more racy, but only in the way he studied the man from top-to-bottom and bit his lower lip. Mm~! What a tasty-looking ensemble... "I just love the bold fashion statement - really, I do~! - but this is a weddin', not a funeral~! Why all the black, babe?" Tut, tut! Nothing wrong with a dash of color, was there? Scaramouche feigned a sigh and a sniff, appearing crestfallen. The android even pressed his hat against his chest as if in mourning. "And here I thought we had somethin' special..." Just like a certain kiss and a spinning bottle, hm~? He winked and dropped the act with a smile. "Oh well, there's always next time~! I hope ya enjoy the weddin', babes!"

With a playful wave of his hand, Scaramouche strode away and flipped the brim of his hat between his metal fingers, feeling larger than life itself. He'll grab a seat later; right now the android wanted to walk and admire the facilities!
    Bailey and Creamer
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:57 pm

”I can’t believe you’re doing this.”

”I can’t believe you’re still complaining about this.”

”I’m not COMPLAINING! I am raising valid concerns! There is absolutely no need to risk our safety just because you want to attend some handfastening-“

With a slight roll of her eyes, the redheaded gal walked on towards the entrance of the wedding venue. Creamer had, as was typical of the demon, been bitching the entire way. At first she had thought that he was merely concerned for his own safety, what with this being a wedding and all, but that was quickly disproven by the shear number of excuses that he tried to come up with to get them out of attending.

Weddings took place in holy places, and did she want to be in pain the entire time?  Pretty sure this place wasn’t holy. It looked to just be a really pretty room with lots of windows!

He was a demon and malevolent creature, it was inappropriate for him to be anywhere near the celebration. He could just sit outside.

He didn’t want to go. That’s just too bad.

His favorite show was on.  The news doesn’t count as a favorite show, and it would repeat tonight anyway.

She wasn’t actually friends with anyone there and would be lonely bored the whole time.  Most of her friends, and her super-cool girlfriend, would be there.

This would just put pressure on the two of them to get married. …no? What? That one had just thrown her for a loop, honestly. Even after going on at length, it was pretty clear that Creamer wasn’t entirely sure how to actually back that complaint up. It had ended with them just staring awkwardly at one another, with one being more disbelieving than the one who was half-heartedly assuring her that he had seen it happen and it just wasn’t worth the risk.

Even though Creamer had given a good show, she was going. In fact…she was here!  Bailey took a moment to admire the location. Forested, lots of pretty windows (that were clean!), and friends! She saw some of her friends, oh that was great! But the best part…

Bailey turned to the lovely Avatar beside her, smiling happily. ”I think this is going to be really nice! I haven’t been to a wedding before! But I see them a lot on television. Maybe it’ll be like that!”  But, hopefully, without the nearly-forgotten love-interest bursting through the doors and screaming “I OBJECT”, and being really dramatic about it all.

Creamer huffed behind her, rolling his eyes. The great (in size) demon sat outside and stayed in place as Bailey and her super-fresh date walked on without him. He, of course, had no desire to witness the proceedings. He did not care for such things as this, and would rather not deal with his human ball-and-chain sending him warning glances the entire time, either. With a very put-upon sigh, for his existence really was that hard, he crouched next to a tree and resigned himself to playing with rocks for however long this was going to last.

”Looks like we just um…seat ourselves! Neat.” With yet another smile that made her dimples stand out, Bailey took a moment to brush any bits of imaginary lint off of her green dress before nodding and marching her way inside with her Favorite Gal Pal. She might have been just a smidge bit nervous. Like she said, she hadn’t ever been to a wedding? What if she laughed at something that wasn’t supposed to be laughed at? What if she made a comment that was just, not a good thing to say?  The girl had been wondering about it for nearly two days now, before finally just deciding that, well…she’d try to keep a liiiittle bit of a lid on it today. Just in case.  Sure, these were her friends and they’d probably forgive her if she said something not-super, but she’d still try to avoid it as much as she could. Didn’t want put a smudge on the big day!  

She paused, looking at Korra again. Could you blame her? Just seeing the Avatar made Bailey feel just that much better. With a more sincere smile this time, she turned and waved happily to those already there. Some of them, like Scaramouch, she knew better. But she at least knew Knock Out! And um…

With a squint to the young man, Bailey tried hard. She tried so, so hard to remember his name. But…but she couldn’t. Welp.  But also Anjeet! Scaramouch, Knock Out, Anjeet, and That Other Guy That She Needs To Remember The Name Of! What a good time! She didn’t really know when it was all supposed to happen. Honestly, without Korra, she might have gotten here late. That would have been awkward.

”Should we pick a seat now, or walk around a bit?”
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:52 pm

By this point in their relationship, Korra was quite used to Bailey's conversations on the side to Creamer. Cyan eyes stole a quick glance to make sure Bailey was alright as they approached the church, just in time to catch the eye roll. She held back a laugh and settled for a smile. She wasn't entirely sure what it was Creamer was complaining about, but her girlfriend was definitely finished with the conversation by this point. As they walked, the Avatar used a hand to hold the hem of her dress as she walked. A part of her wondered if she should have chosen a shorter dress like Bailey did, but that was squashed quickly. She had picked this because it felt the most natural and the most right when she saw it at the mall! Golden eyes sought her out, and the young woman turned back to her girlfriend in an instant. Ah, seems like the conversation with Creamer was over. Just in time too, as they were right in front of the chapel! It seemed small from the outside, but very classy.

"I've never been to a wedding before either! I've heard about them but...that's pretty much it. I'm glad you get to be my date for our first wedding." Korra admitted, sneaking a smooch on the cheek as they ascended the steps and made their way inside! Thankfully, it was easy to navigate and find the big important marriage room. The other guests inside helped to assure them both that they were in the right place. As Bailey checked herself for lint, the Avatar smoothed out her skirt. The turtle bracelet jangled lightly from her wrist, and the shells that made up her necklace shifted upon her chest. Once she felt presentable, Korra kept close to the redhead's side as they both overlooked the area. A lot of weird benches, and what looked like a stage at the front. Like her date had pointed out, it seems they were clear to seat themselves.

Where to sit, where to sit...? There was Anjeet, she was a bit harder to recognize without the hood but something about the way she moved made it just so clear who she was. The pointy red robot was seated at the back, particularly shiny tonight. Up by the front was Nyreena's boyfriend, and shmoozing about the place was a certain robot who was looking particularly jazzy tonight! He really did look quite nice! "I'm not really sure when the marriage part is supposed to start... it doesn't look like we'll have a hard time finding a seat so maybe we can walk and talk a bit!" Korra eventually decided with a smile, before she waved over to Scaramouche wherever he may be. "Hey Uncle Mochi! Looking great, I love how those colors are looking!" She paused, glancing around and even briefly checking behind Bailey. Where there was Scaramouche was usually somebody else... "Where's Lunette?"
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Fear had a love-hate relationship with tuxedos. Stifling, too tight in some areas, stiff in others... When Kev told him they were invited to a wedding, Fear damn near groaned. Weddings meant formal attire, and formal attire meant niceties, and niceties meant socializing. Not that Fear was an uncouth brute, of course. He just much preferred the peace and quiet of staying home while enjoying a nice cuppa. Alas... An invitation was an invitation; and, despite knowing neither the bride nor the groom very well, something dogged had wormed its way into Kev's gung-ho breast.

The chance of catching the bouquet, probably.

And it was so, with a heavy heart, that Fear spent all afternoon tending to his tuxedo while juggling the responsibility of preparing Livewire for the night's occasion. The young lass was quite easy, in all fairness. He ironed both their outfits for the evening and tamed Livewire's unruly locks with a simple twist. A couple of white flowers from their garden made for wonderful embellishments. "Now, remember lass," Fear rumbled evenly, "this is a wedding. We are to mind our manners and be civil to those in attendance. You may keep to my side until the ceremony is over, if you'd like." Livewire was a good child. A troubled child, but a child who respected her elders (with varying inconsistency) and was more awkward than hostile. Still, it was best to remain vigilant around her. Fear finished their preparations within the hour and soon it would be time to leave. But first, they had to soothe the mangy menagerie of pooches whining at their polished heels.

"This must be it."

They had arrived in a timely fashion, both he and Livewire looking their finest. Muscles bulged underneath his jacket as Fear readjusted the cuffs of his left sleeve, a glint of gold shining brightly off his left hand. "Hm." Right, time to mingle. Hopefully it wasn't too crowded inside... Together, walking hand-in-hand, the awkward pair entered the chapel and steeled themselves for a night of merriment. Emerald eyes instantly swept the interior for potential troublemakers or threats.

A red mech grabbed his attention first; Knock Out looked sharp.

Then a diminutive rat-creature.

Some pale... goth.

Bailey, the feisty Irish maiden and her headstrong date, Korra.

And last but not least, a rather obnoxious metal man.

Ugh...

Fear clenched his jaw. "I hope there's an open bar," he murmured, "because this is going to be a long, long night." The broad-shouldered fellow guided them toward their seats, an unassuming row in the middle, and they sat without much fanfare. Kev, you had better catch the bouquet or so help him...
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Livewire had a love-hate relationship with…clothing. It wasn’t such an issue when she was not flesh and blood. It was hard to feel uncomfortable in clothes that you could barely feel at all against your metal armor, after all. But with skin and squishy organ pouches? She could barely stand the feel of a belt, which apparently most every single dress her size came with. Damn belts. The damn belt that was currently serving as the focus of her frustrations was being forcibly left to rest against her abdomen as Livewire’s fingers stayed still, through will alone, against her knees as she kept her neck straight.

Her hair was complete and every part of her skin aside from her hands and above her neck were covered from the cold outside. The white turtleneck sweater, white tights, and blue dress would likely do a fine job. And it matched the flowers that her guardian had woven into her hair. Even with the burning hatred within her regarding the feeling of an elastic waistband, along with a small metal loop resting against her flesh, she was fine. Besides, it wasn’t like she was unaware that she was just pushing off the stress of attending a social event into an irrational hatred of fashion accessories. She was completely aware of that, but felt it would be more productive to hate belts than to bring that to the forefront of her mind.

The child was momentarily distracted by her raging against the fashion machine by Fear’s voice as he spoke to her once more. She looked at him, big cyan eyes hid behind what might look like a petulant expression. Hopefully, though, he’d be familiar enough with her to realize that she was just…uncomfortable. But she was going to go anyway, because they were invited. With a nod, the child stood, ready to depart to the wedding with one hand held by Fear’s meaty palm and the other clutching her gift.

”If this isn’t it, it should be. This place is nice.” Her little hand was clutching tightly to Fear’s own. She was uncomfortable, of course, but she also managed to take some measure in comfort that Fear was just as out-of-place as she felt. As they passed through the entryway, she kept her head down even as her eyes darted frantically around those gathered.

There was Knock-Out. He managed a wave, though with her lifeline on one hand and her present in the other, it was more translated as Livewire waving the only thing near the wedding gift aisle that she could stomach to purchase in her hand. Sorry, Knock Out. Livewire was not actually proposing to you.

There was the fuzzy small one that she had seen at Thanksgiving. They were still fuzzy and small. Good, she liked when things didn’t change.

There was Dominick. …without Nyreena? With a raised brow, Livewire considered that this may be the first time she had seen him alone. Maybe he was more self-reliant than she had assumed? Unimportant at the moment.

Scaramouch. Scaramouch, who she rocked back and forth on mildly pleasant interactions and wholly unpleasant. She liked his face, though, and his energetic nature. She wasn’t surprised to find him at a wedding.

There was Korra, who she was still…awkward about. Most every single emotion she had towards the woman was just built on guilt over trying to kill her dog when she was being mind-controlled by a giant jerk. She’d probably get over that some day. And…another person. Too many people.

Too many people.

Her hand tightened around Fear’s own as he herded her towards a row in the middle. Already she was having to force her shoulders to stay down. Even though she was uncomfortable, she was actually at least a little excited to be here.

She could hardly miss out on the wedding of Olabisi, who she had predicted would have a sordid online-baking-community-driven love affair that involved both the horse mafia and the regular non-horse mafia. …not that it really turned out that way, in the end. But it was close enough.

”If you get drinks, I want a juice.” People probably wouldn’t expect her to talk too much if she was drinking, right?????

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:41 pm