Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Movie Mash!

Post by Knock Out on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:52 am

Time: 7:40 PM
    Date: October 27, 0008

Pumpkins lined the rows meant for the parked cars, each carving its own smiling face. From the typical Jack O'Lantern grin to a groaning zombie face, candles flickered from within to make them pop! Sticky Halloween decals were placed on the glass of the concession stand, cobwebs were stretched over the cash registers with plastic black spiders tucked within the silver threads, and a decorative pumpkin to greet each customer! Underneath the glass, the usual candies were on display but they were not alone! From candy apples to tasty cupcakes, the new seasonal treats were ready for purchasing! Outside, speakers that had been deathly quiet came to life with a sharp crackle! It signaled to the early birds and workers that the movie would begin soon!

Near the entrance, a certain crimson mech stood as he usually did! This year, Knock Out wore a theatrical cape and a mask! As much as he'd enjoyed the vampire costume and even his Kingly costume, he decided to try something new this year! It seemed to be a hit, as a few of the customers he greeted seemed to recognize it instantly! Nodding his helm in greeting, he slipped a pamphlet with an image printed on the front to a young father. "The movie should start in 20 minutes! That should be enough time to buy some goodies and find a place to sit. Your son's costume earns a 75% discount for tonight's concessions! And what a fearsome little T-rex he is~!" Knock Out's attention shifted to the young boy in the dinosaur costume peeking from behind his dad's leg. With a bit of prompting, he greeted the mech with a mighty roar and hid once again. "Hope he has a 'Tyrannosaurus' appetite!" He waved them off and waited for more people to arrive. This weekend's movies were a lot more kid-friendly compared to everything he'd been airing the rest of the month, which should hopefully bring in the families! Even he had to admit that, even though there was a distinct lack of the typical blood and horror he loved to watch, tonight's movies were still enjoyable. If all went well, the customers for tonight ought to agree!

((OOC note: This thread will be open for anyone who wants to join during the first night of this weekend, and threads are welcome for anyone who wants to go see the other movies. The showtime schedule for these movies are:

• Friday October 27th, Hocus Pocus and The Nightmare Before Christmas.
    • Saturday October 28th, Halloweentown and Halloweentown 2.
    • Sunday October 29th, Casper and Beetlejuice. ))
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Re: Movie Mash!

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:02 am

Deciding to wait for Halloween weekend to head to the movies with Dominick Nyreena thought it would be fun to get some quick costumes to wear each night for the showing. For that night she decided to go as a gypsy, partly because of how Dominick wanted to see her as one so she decided to go for it. So as long as he went as something she wanted to see him as in return. So once they were ready they headed down to the drive in to see two of her all time favorite Halloween movies. That was another reason why she waited for this weekend to go. This weekend was the perfect weekend to go.

As they arrived and walked up to the familiar red mech who was handing out the phamplets she saw the costume he was wearing and gasped in complete suprise and ran up to him. "Knock Out! You're dressed as my all-time favorite musical character! You're the Phantom of the Opera! I can't believe it! By far your best costume ever!" Yeah, you can really tell that she loves that musical.
    Dominick Comzistradt
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Dominick Comzistradt on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:19 am

Having to wait for the last weekend for movies that were being shown for All Hollow's Eve Dominick had agreed with Nyreena about dressing up in some quick costumes for each night of the weekend leading up to their elaborate set up for All Hollow's Eve. Suggesting that Nyreena dress up as a gypsy he secretly wanted to see what she looked like as one. The idea came from his time traveling with the many gypsy clans around Romania from his time when he was on his travels. Happy that she agreed to it he should have seen it coming when she asked that he would dress up as something that she saw him as and he had to agree. And what she saw him as for that night was a pirate. And a pirate was what he was going to be. Thankfully he had plenty of research stocked in his vault like memory on what he figured an ideal pirate would look like so it was easy to get a costume together.

As they arrived at the drive in and were walking up to Knock Out he had seen what the transforming robot was dressed up as and was clearly amused by his love's reaction to it. She clearly recognized who he was impersonating and he had to laugh at how amazed she was by it. Clearing his throat he walked up beside her. "Evening, Knock Out. And I agree. It is quite impressive, for sure. Nyreena's told me all about the story and you certainly pull off the look."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:27 am

Dominick and Nyreena arrived together, and Knock Out wasn't at all surprised by the ghost woman's reaction. The two had once talked about the Phantom of the Opera, after all! Smirking proudly at her excitement, the mech swept his arm out, wrist rolling as he bowed with a flourish. He easily soaked up the positive attention with a deep chuckle! "Thank you! I knew you'd recognize me. Though I hope we can both agree that the face behind this mask is far more handsome than the actual phantom's face~." As if there could be any competition with such a monstrous deformity! "However, the Phantom has a much better singing voice than I do. So at least he has that going for him!" Such pipes on that man!

Shifting to stand in an upright position, the crimson mech scrutinized the couple before him. The two looked ready for some nautical adventures, though Nyreena was far more colorful than Dominick! His costume was pretty much entirely black! "Your costume looks quite lovely, Nyreena! I love those fabrics, very nice designs! Dominick, you look like a very punk-rock pirate. Both costumes will be well worth the discount." Dominick wasn't quite as amazed by the costume as his girlfriend was, but Knock Out didn't mind. "Have you ever seen the movie? If not, that could make for an interesting date night~!" With a wink to cap off his very 'subtle' advertisement, Knock Out handed the two the same pamphlets he'd been handing to everybody else. The inside would reveal the showtimes and movies on schedule for the night. Specifically, Hocus Pocus and The Nightmare Before Christmas! Shifting his weight onto one hip, the mech decided to strike up a bit of small talk since there was a lull in the arrivals. "Have you seen the movies we're showing tonight, Nyreena?" He already took it for granted that Dominick likely hadn't seen them. He'd be quite shocked if he had!
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:09 pm

Seeing Knock Out's smirk as he gave her a grand bow Nyreena smiled from ear to ear as she nodded in agreement with him. "You're quite welcome, Knock Out! And of course! If I wasn't able to recognize one of my all time favorite Broadway characters then there is something definitely wrong with me." Hearing his last statement she quickly nodded in agreement. "I completely agree. Your face has about a thousand times more value than the Phantom's." Then hoping not to blaspheme her favorite character she knew that Knock Out was right about the Phantom's voice. "Oh, most definitely. His voice is truly something amazing. It's one of the reasons why that he's one of my all time favorite characters. And no offense, of course. I'm sure that yours is perfectly fine on its own."

Smiling as she was complimented on her costume she couldn't help but twirl around a bit. "Oh thank you! And me too. I think they work really nice together. Though I do have to admit that it was Dominick's idea that I dress as a gypsy. But I got him with the pirate idea. Of course, now that I think about it, it does remind me of the Dread Pirate Robertson from the Princess Bride. Huh, I guess it worked out after all!" Giggling a bit she walked over and gave Dominick a kiss on his cheek to let him know that she still liked his decision about his costume. Then hearing the subtle hint that Knock Out gave them she picked up on it in an instant and looked at Dominick. "Ooh, that sounds like a wonderful idea! We'll definitely have to do that sometime when we want to stay in for the night."

Taking the brochure and looking through it she continued to smile then looked up at Knock Out and nodded happily. "Have I? These two are some of my all time favorite Halloween movies ever! Every Halloween I look forward to seeing Jack Skellington and the Sanderson sisters get their time to shine!"
    Dominick Comzistradt
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Dominick Comzistradt on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:45 pm

Listening as the two talked about Knock Out's inspiration for his costume Dominick was content on letting the two talk. As he did he watched as everyone else that came down to see the movies that night were coming through to get themselves settled themselves to enjoy the entertainment. Then hearing Knock Out compliment him on his pirate costume he certainly wasn't expecting him to say that it was a punk rock sort of pirate but the dhamphir took it in stride. "Thank you, Knock Out. And Nyreena is right. I gave her the idea for her costume and she gave me mine. I do admit that I wasn't...too creative like Nyreena was but I think I do pull it off well." He then looked at Nyreena and nodded in agreement with her, giving her a smile at the kiss. "Hmm, the Dread Pirate Robertson.....it certainly has a nice ring to it."

Noticing the subtle advertisement as well Dominick looked at Nyreena as she looked at him and he nodded in agreement. "Of course. Maybe we can do it one night this winter when the weather is too harsh to go anywhere. And perhaps we can watch the other one that you just mentioned. We can certainly make it a wonderful night in for us, don't you think?" It would certainly be an interesting experience for him and get him used to the entertainment of this time. Taking a brochure as well and listening as the two talked about the movies being shown that night he read the descriptions of them in the brochure and was quite curious about the both of them, wondering what exactly they were about.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Ah, Broadway. Knock Out almost regretted not having a chance to check out any plays back in the human world. Broadway wasn't quite as accessible to him as a drive-in theater was. Guess he'd have to settle for the movie adaptions and whatever he could find on the internet! "Ha! Primus knows that's the truth." He winked, ruby optics glittering with approval at the compliment. A thousand times the value, perhaps even a million! A shame the same could not be said for his singing voice. Knock Out shrugged casually, making the cape flutter behind him. "My voice is smooth as honey, but I don't sing. My voice is fantastic enough just by speaking!"

Oh, a gypsy! Was that what she was? Perhaps with a squint, he would see a gypsy instead of a pirate. So the couple had given each other ideas on what to dress as, with the pirate being Nyreena's. "Interesting choices. I approve!" And definitely good enough for a discount. The ghost woman's reference to such a classic film earned her a grin. "You're right, he does!" Knock Out clapped his servoes together in an 'aha' gesture. "Too bad you weren't dressed as Buttercup, but it still works!"
    He turned, addressing Dominick more than Nyreena. "More original than if he'd dressed up as Johnny Depp, that's for sure." Now that was a rock star pirate.

The hint may have been picked up, but perhaps not the way he had hoped. Knock Out only frowned for a moment upon hearing their idea to stay in and watch the movies, before he let it roll off of his back. Such was business! Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and there would always be more movie nights. Christmas was sure to bring in loads of people who were eager to see Christmas tales. The subject of tonight's movies were a better topic anyway. As he suspected, Dominick kept to himself and read over the brochure. The selections would probably be his first time watching them! Not so for Nyreena, who easily remembered the characters. "I've taken a liking to them as well! Stunning movies, with very nice songs. I especially like the witches. Makes me wish they had some sort of prequel, all to themselves!" Funny as Sarah was, the former Decepticon was especially fond of Winifred. Such a diva!

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 pm