Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Advice from the Robotic Uncle

Post by Korra on Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Time: Noon
    Date: August 3rd, 0008

Down the sidewalk strolled the young Avatar, following the turns and streets that would lead her to the Central Park that flourished in the middle of the city. How funny it was, that she had been to the park with an important little 'mission' in her mind just a month prior. The talent show had been quite enjoyable, not least of all because of the look on Bailey's face when she'd been gifted the stone flower Korra had made for her. It had taken a bit of practice to bend out a very smooth flower rather than a vaguely flower shaped lump, but the results were worth it. Her relationship with Bailey was still quite new, and yet it was the most exciting thing she had ever experienced in this world. Each new hurdle they jumped through together, each new date and get together. The meals they shared and gifts exchanged. Even now, the thought drew a blush and a grin onto her face.

Anxiety soon squashed the lovestruck warmth, however, as she remembered exactly why she was out to visit the Park today. The two of them had been in the Sanctuary last night, hardly new for either of them! But...Bailey had brought up certain things. Things Korra had been considering lightly too. She had been trying to figure out whether her girlfriend would be up for sharing a room at the inn...only for her to bring up the possibility of getting a house sometime. It had never occurred to her before, to leave the very convenient little inn! It wasn't as if she hated the idea! It was just... The inn was free. Neither she nor Bailey had any actual jobs! Faced with something she had no experience in, nor had ever been trained for, it made her nervous.

Nearing the patch of green, her footsteps quickened. There was still time, these were merely ideas for the future. But how else was she supposed to learn about something she'd never even considered? Despite how new her relationship with Bailey was, the young woman was determined to do right by her! And perhaps...that would require some advice. Both on jobs and on a few other things, subjects that made her face burn even more. Rather than enter the very welcoming park, Korra kept to the sidewalk as she tried to pinpoint the building Scaramouch lived in. He seemed to have a very good head on his shoulders, and she owed him a visit anyway! ...Plus, without him, she might not have noticed Bailey's crush in the first place. Ducking out of the beaming sunshine that had clung tightly to her hair and shoulders, Korra stepped into the entrance of the building the robot called home, giving the outside a brief glance before she disappeared through the doors. Very different from the Stockpot Inn, and the inside was far quieter. No immediately lobby, and there didn't seem to be a main restaurant area! Curious, she nevertheless found a far more familiar structure; the elevator. Stepping inside, she racked her mind briefly to remind herself what floor the robot had given before she punched it in.

Up she went, and Korra's arms folded over her own chest casually as she waited. Boy, she hoped Scaramouch wouldn't mind her dropping by...he did seem quite open to guests, after all! And once he realized what exactly she wished to discuss, she was sure that the android would fly right out of those lovely boots of his. The mental image made her smile right as the elevator helpfully dinged to announce her arrival. Stepping out, the young woman's lip curled at the smell. Boy, this was a musty building...it smelled so old! The walls were yellowed with age, and perhaps a bit of wear and tear too. She quickened the pace, hoping that Scaramouch's apartment wouldn't be quite so...ancient. Now that she was here, all of her questions were replaced by a curiosity over what the scatbot's place would look like! Would he have a record player? A TV? Would it look really cool? She jogged down the hall now, only skidding only she caught the numbers 69, and dutifully knocked as he so urged her to do. Just in case that wasn't enough, the young Avatar grinned before calling out "Hey Uncle Moooochi!" Here's hoping she wasn't interrupting anything.
    Scaramouch
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Re: Advice from the Robotic Uncle

Post by Scaramouch on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Old, she thought, old! The correct term was 'vintage'. Tut! A classic example of today's ignorant youth...

"Dum dum dee dooo... Dooo dooo~
    I have a little plant, I always give her water~
    'Cause you see, she really loves her water~
    And she says (ding, ding)
    "Thank you" (ding, ding)
    To me~!
    Even though I never hear it
    But she says (ding, ding)
    "Thank you" (ding, ding)
    To me~!"

As Korra should know by now (and everyone, for that matter), there was never a catchy tune far behind Portal Breach's resident magical music android. The afternoon sun was high in the sky... The birds were out singing and the park below was a gorgeous, gorgeous green... Yes, sir! On beautiful days like these, nothing was more satisfying (okay, a few things were more satisfying) than spending time out on his balcony and watering the garden. Though it was still fledgling, there were all manners of plant-life Scaramouch happily called his own. Red flowers, purple flowers, blues flowers, and yellow flowers... When it came to color, the android didn't fuss. He love them all equally for they provided great joy, same with the leafy greens of his spices and herbs. The latter were particularly useful for a certain pretty kitty. "And she says - (ding, ding) - "Thank you" - (ding, ding) - to me~!" Synthesized laughter filled the air. "Hon, hon~! Drink up, babes, drink up! They say it's gonna be a scorchin' summer, so don't be shy." Was it weird, talking to flowers and vegetation? Maybe, but it was certainly no weirder than a robot having a garden. Or, perhaps, a hummingbird feeder - which he needed to refill later today. Ah, so many things to maintain!

"Hey Uncle Moooochi!"

The trickling of water ceased and he leveled his iron watering can, optics blinking "Hmm?" Did his imagination deceive him, or was there a guest at the door? "Huh! I'm not expectin' any company, but..." Who was Scaramouch to refuse? He lightly shrugged with a smile and set his watering can down, strutting his way through the loft while removing the pair of gloves protecting his metal hands. "Coming, coming~!" he said in sing-song, readjusting his paddy hat. Whoever his unexpected guest was, they didn't have to wait long before there was a telling - click - turn of the front door's lock. Hopefully it wasn't a solicitor... He pulled back the door and greeted his visitor with the usual melodic fanfare. "Hello~! What can I do for - oh, Korra!"

Brown skin, beautiful icy-blue eyes, muscles... Yes, the android's scanners were right on the money. It seems the Avatar had decided to stop by and visit! ...But for what purpose, he wondered? Scaramouch's grin never faltered, not even in the wake of his budding curiosity. "So good to see ya, kiddo~!" he warmly greeted. A realization quickly donned upon him. "...Oh, and please pardon my outfit. I was out gardenin'!"

Would she mind that he wasn't looking his best? Probably not! There was nothing shameful about being in your boxers and a plain t-shirt. The kitty slippers might elicit an amused gaze, though... He rubbed the back of his metal head and chuckled nervously. "S-Sorry~! I really wasn't expectin' any company today - oh, but do come in! Mi casa es su casa, hon~!" She... most likely didn't know Spanish, but that was A-OK. Scaramouch stepped aside and made a wide-sweeping gesture. "Make yourself at home!" the android urged. "If you're thirsty, I've a couple of soft drinks in the fridge. A-And a couple of snacks if you're peckish! I don't got too much 'cause, um, robot and all... b-but I can try my best to work with what I have if you're hungry! Lulu's also asleep but she's currently in a coma; she might wake up and say 'hello' too! Just givin' ya a heads up, kiddo."
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:53 pm

Through the wooden door, she could hear somebody...singing! Typically, it'd be quite curious, but the sound tugged a little smirk onto her face. With a robot like Scaramouch, it actually seemed pretty appropriate. He always seemed to have a little tune on his tongue! It was as natural as physical training was for her. Humming paused, replaced by a little call that he was on his way and Korra's spine straightened attentively as both hands folded behind her back. A giddy little grin grew on her face as the door opened to reveal Scaramouch's metal face and bright optics. "Hey!" The young Avatar greeted back, sounding almost excited. He was obviously a little surprised by her sudden appearance, but not displeased. Chuckling warmly, her body language relaxed from the eager yet tense posture she'd taken before. His jovial nature was quite infectious. "It's good to see you too." The mention of a garden was interesting to her, but her attention was grabbed by his attire as he drew attention to it.

Boxers, a plain t-shirt, his usual hat, and the most adorable little slippers! Korra laughed again, bringing her hand up to her mouth in a failed attempt to muffle it. It was a far cry from the usual bright boots and striking jacket, but he'd find no judgment here. She gave him an amused little smile instead. "No problem, we all have a lazy day! You still look really nice, and besides..." The young woman rocked forward in her boots with a teasing look in her icy eyes. "Your slippers are the cutest things I've ever seen!" Snorting, she stepped inside at the grand gesture and immediately breathed out a soft gasp at the sight of his living room. Large, open windows allowed the sunlight to trickle in easily. She could spy a phonograph nearby, and the furniture was striking in color. It wasn't a style she was familiar with, but it was rather eye-catching! As was the rug with a flower pattern that she nodded her head at as if in approval.

"Snazzy place, Scaramouch! I like it." It still had that 'freshly purchased' feeling to it, but time would do away with that. As far as digs go, this was nice! Felt very fitting for city life. Korra lingered near the door, glancing down at her own boots as both of her hands found their position upon her hips. "A soft drink might be nice! I'm not too hungry yet." The young woman turned back to the robot with an amused expression at the mention of Lunette. So she was here! ...Fast asleep, but here. "Aaw...~ I'm glad I'm not interrupting anything. I bet you two were cuddling in bed before you decided to tend to your garden!" Her gaze flitted back down to her boots once more and she looked back to the robot. "Do you want me to take my shoes off? Back home, sometimes it was polite to remove your shoes when you entered someone's house but...I'm not sure if you abide by that or not."
    Scaramouch
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scaramouch on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:15 am

Oh goodness, that militaristic pose. It took all of Scaramouch's battery power not to cheekily salute as his scanners analyzed every minute detail of Korra's face and body language. Hmm, she seemed awfully tense about something... Perhaps the Avatar's visit wasn't just a random fancy? Well, whatever it was, the android figured they'd get to the nitty-gritty soon enough. His smile only brightened upon hearing Korra's giggle. "Aren't they, though~? I saw these slippers while out about town, and I just knew I had to have them." For, ahem, obvious reasons. "They're extremely plush and comfy - almost like the real deal~!" Scaramouch gave them a lil' wiggle and gently closed the door once Korra fully stepped inside, optics trained on his guest. Ooh, a gasp~! Guess even someone so powerful and important as the Avatar could be amazed by colorful, retro decor.  

"It's not much," the android remarked with that same grin, taking a stand beside her, "and it's certainly not finished, but I hope you enjoy my place nevertheless!" While far from modern (despite Scaramouch himself belonging to a futuristic time), the android had always favored styles pertaining to cleaner, more retro designs. Or, as he liked to jokingly call it, more groovy. The bold splashes of color, the complementary dynamic of curves and edges, even the simpler appliances that barely performed as well as their newer counterparts but still had plenty of charm; Scaramouch's place was like walking into a time machine and taking a ride to the past. The groovy past, baby! "One fizzy soft drink, comin' up!" he chimed happily. Would the Avatar like a Coke? Then again, who didn't? Aside from diabetics and anti-soda critics, of course! While his guest was left to make herself at home and get comfortable, the android excused himself to the kitchen (which was attached to the living room) and opened the fridge. "Tut! Nah, you're not interruptin' anything~!" Scaramouch laughed into it. Korra was right on the money about their cuddling, though. He wisely didn't comment and soon brought an ice-cold bottle of Coca-Cola to wet the Avatar's whistle.

"Do you want me to take my shoes off? Back home, sometimes it was polite to remove your shoes when you entered someone's house but...I'm not sure if you abide by that or not."

...Huh! That was a very Eastern custom. What say his processors?

After some thought and twisting off the bottle cap with a crisp - pssst! - Scaramouch answered. "Oh, if ya want~! I'm not fussed either way, so do what makes ya feel relaxed. It's not like you went stompin' in a field of feces before comin' here, y'know?" Korra had more sense than that! "Anyway, here's your drink, kiddo! Lemme know if you need anything else, 'kay?" He offered the bottle and took a seat on the couch, following his own advice. "So~!" smiled the android. A metal hand patted the cushions beside him. "To what do I owe the pleasure, hm? Ya seem a lil', uh, anxious about somethin'!" Hopefully that wasn't too direct...
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:23 pm

"Are they the only slippers you have? Or are you gonna become the crazy old cat lady with tons of cute kitty slippers?" Korra teased lightly, letting out another wiggle as Scaramouch wriggled his feet and announced that they were almost as good as the real deal! A certain Miss Kitty, no doubt! She admittedly didn't know a lot about the feline, but Korra honestly found that she didn't need to know Lunette's life story to like her. Lunette was a great cook, very hospitable and generous enough to help her out with her first date! Much like a certain metal man. Birds of a feather flock together, eh?

"I do enjoy it!" Ice blue eyes were focusing on just how wide and roomy this place was! She stepped further into the living room and turned about in a circle to really get a fix of just how open it was. Even the kitchen was right there in plain view as if this was one huge living room/kitchen combo! Korra drifted closer towards one of the windows, smiling at the park down below. She'd never seen it from this height before, but it looked beautiful. "You've got an amazing view from here." Her gaze lifted, settling on the surrounding buildings before she looked back at the host, his head inside his fridge. "I have to admit...this is the first apartment that I've ever seen here. I've only ever been to the Inn before. The inn's great, it's been a very nice home for me! But...this really is impressive. I love how open it feels..." Her own living room felt a bit...cramped, at times. Especially whenever she had Naga with her. But this place had elbow room!  Nodding to Scaramouch as he returned with her drink, she gave the robotic man a relieved grin. She'd hate to intrude! Now that she had Bailey to spend time with, Korra could understand the feeling of wanting some alone time.

Cap popping off with a very satisfying hiss, Korra grabbed her bottle from Scaramouch and took a hearty sip. Aah...the chill felt nice as the drink ran down her throat. Fingers tapped the glass curiously before the young woman glanced down at her own feet. They wriggled in place, not unlike Scaramouch's earlier wriggling. Hm...to kick them off or not? Shrugging to herself, she followed behind the android and gave a very ladylike snort. "Eeew! If I did that, I'd be tossing these into the garbage!" Feces was an absolute pain to get out of the shoe leather! Careful with her drink, the Avatar edged herself down onto the cushions he'd indicated for her, one leg crossing over the other. So long as he didn't mind if she kept her shoes on, she might as well stick with 'em! They were pretty comfy.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, hm? Ya seem a lil', uh, anxious about somethin'!"

Dark cheeks flushed as Korra gave him a sheepish look. There was no pulling the wool over Scaramouch's eyes! Of course, this was the robot that had been able to tell Bailey had a crush on Korra, so obviously, he was pretty observant.  Part of her appreciated that. With the spotlight on her now, she tucked a strand of hair behind an ear as she regarded her bottle. "Well...I did want to see you and your new home. I've been meaning to come by and check it out. But that's not the only reason..." She breathed in deep, then back out in a sigh. Attention shifted completely to the jazzy robot as she finally confessed her reasons for coming. "Bailey and I had a talk last night, about our future together and..." Realizing how that might sound, Korra leaned forward suddenly. "Not...not a bad talk either, it was actually really nice but...! B-bailey's my first actual relationship and there's...just so much I don't know." Scaramouch was older, wiser, more worldly. She trusted the robot to know things that she just plain didn't!
    Scaramouch
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scaramouch on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:19 pm

"Are they the only slippers you have? Or are you gonna become the crazy old cat lady with tons of cute kitty slippers?"

Well, he never - ! The android gave a terse click of his synthetic tongue. "Ain't anyone ever tell ya not to disrespect your elders?" The name of the game was 'tit-for-tat', and Scaramouch wasn't above trading a few (light) barbs. It was all in friendly jest, however, and he didn't seem offended in the least. In fact, the robot laughed. "Hon~! If ya think my slippers are a hoot, you should see my pajamas!" Like, dating a cat-woman automatically makes one a cat lady/man; the title comes with the territory!

"Oh, you've never been to an actual loft before?" Cyan diodes flickered on Scaramouch's LED display as he observed the Avatar's movements, curious. Huh! Korra had never bothered to venture away from the city's local inn... The more he thought about it, his inner machinations whirring and clicking, the more the android's hypothesis solidified into a logical conclusion. More on that later, though. "I agree~!" he chimed in, melodious as always. "Bein' trapped in a stuffy box ain't my idea of livin' quarters, y'know? And believe me, kiddo, boxes aren't all that and a bag of chips." The sunlight, the fresh air; all the colors of the world as it passed them by, transitioning from one spontaneous moment to the next... Compared to a musty closet or the discomfort of a two-sizes-too-small storage case, Scaramouch knew he had it made. Auditory sensors prickled with every word Korra uttered. And, more importantly, every word she didn't. "Feelin' a lil' cramped at your place, huh?" he asked. The android didn't need his vocal recognition software to catch the yearning hidden in Korra's voice. "For a place with free room and board, I think the Inn honestly can't be beat!" However... "However," Scaramouch continued, "it's not exactly the kind of freedom, or lack thereof, a young dame like yourself wants, is it?"

Now, there's nothing wrong (in his opinion) with state-provided welfare; or the equivalent, in Portal Breach's unique case. Having a place for newcomers and those without sustainable means was a damn good program, and off the record? If Scaramouch wasn't so dogged about his own independence, he'd no doubt hit up the innkeeper for a room himself. Only an utter fool would scoff at free electricity! Dial-up, on the other hand... Anyway, the Avatar's naivety snapped the android out of his racing thoughts. "...Toss your shoes? Into the garbage!?" Oh, the heresy this old 'bot was hearing! Scaramouch put on his best rendition of puffy hen. "Kiddo, ya can't afford to be so wasteful. A pair of ethnic kicks like that don't grow on trees, y'know. Leather's also pretty expensive... You might as well be throwin' away a fistful of clams!"

A pause.

"...Uh, dollars. A fistful of dollars," he clarified. "That's a great movie, by the way. If ya like spaghetti westerns, I recommend givin' it a watch." Wait, would Korra even know the title? Did her world even have film...? Processors audibly strained at all the backtracking Scaramouch had to suffer through. "Um, just... just don't throw out your shoes, 'kay? Treat 'em like mementos from your culture or somethin'." It never occurred to the android that Korra might've been facetious with her comment. Oh well!

"Well...I did want to see you and your new home. I've been meaning to come by and check it out. But that's not the only reason..."

Gasp! The plot thickens.

"Lemme guess..." The smugness in his voice was nothing short of obnoxious. "Does this other reason start with a 'Beeeeeee'~?" Of course Scaramouch was observant! It's like folks conveniently ignored the fact that he was a robot or something... Then again, he played the part of being a fool quite well. He was also great at improv! "...You had a talk about your future together as my cute, totally innocent OTP!?" Cue Lunette's patented 'Flufflepuff' gasp, his optics sparkling. "No - freakin' - way. A-And you're, like, totally comin' to me for advice! EEEE~! THAT IS SO AWESOME, KOR - mmph!" Scaramouch instantly clasped both hands over his metal gob. "O-Oops..." he whispered, flashing a meek smile. "I f-forgot, um, that Lulu is sleepin' in the other room." His bad. Oh god, hopefully the Anitra didn't wake up and demand the blood of a thousand villagers!
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:49 pm

As the robot literally clicked his tongue at her, the Avatar smirked openly in response. "Oh, they told me to respect my elders. Doesn't mean I listened to 'em, though." She teased right back, trading barbs as if they were blows. All in good fun of course, as Scaramouch topped the cuteness of his slippers by suggesting that she see his pajamas! "Ha! I kinda figured those were your pajamas!" Korra's grin grew crooked, giving the robot a once over as she pondered what the matching pjs could be. "Is it a onesie with cat ears and a tail?~" The young woman snickered at the very idea of the tall metal man flouncing about in such an outfit!

"Not really," Korra admitted with a slight frown. "The closest would be my friends' home back in my world but...even then, they lived in a room above a stadium. I don't even think they had a kitchen!" The young woman gestured towards the robot's kitchen, fingers splayed in excitement. Just look at how convenient the location of it was! As Scaramouch admitted that being in a stuffy box was hardly the ritz, the young woman was unable to hold back a scoff in agreement. She almost sounded amused, though she failed to elaborate on why aside from a grumbled "I hear you there..." One day in a metal box was enough for her, thanks! She'd hate to actually live somewhere like that! This was a lot more her style! Glancing at him furtively, she answered with a small nod. "Maybe a little..." In truth, she had never pondered her place at the Inn until Bailey had put the idea in her head of them moving together. Korra had considered the two of them moving together at the Inn but... It just seemed like something that was better for one person, not two. Especially two dames and a dog. "After all this time, it could be nice to find someplace else..." But advice on that could wait.

Scaramouch puffed up like a true uncle at the very notion of Korra chunking her shoes, and the young Avatar could only gawk at him as she received her first adult lecture since Tenzin disappeared! She didn't even have the heart to mention she was only joking, blinking back at the android in surprise. "Fistful of clams...?" Wait, that was a movie? ...What was a spaghetti western? Korra's face twisted up in pure confusion, eyebrows rising to meet her own hairline. Okay! That was...she'd just have to ask Bailey about it later. "Y-yeah, okay. I can...do that. I've never really seen any boots here that are like this anyway!" Not that she was opposed to new clothing, but her traditional cultural outfit was the most comfortable for her.

From parental hen to smug wingman, Scaramouch was truly a jack of all trades. Giving him a crooked grin, she inclined her head to him. "And ends with a 'y'!" Truly a mystery! Here it was, the excitement. It wasn't at all a surprise, Korra's awkwardness melting in the light of those sparkling optics. She still had no idea what an OTP was. "Yea-oh!" She'd forgotten about the snoozing woman as well! Mimicking the robot, the young woman placed her own hand over her mouth and ducked her head lightly. Whoops! "But, yeah, of course! You were the first person I could think of to ask." The hand dropped and she put it to better use idly playing with a side ponytail. "I had one boyfriend before but...it didn't last very long before I was brought here without him. I've never thought about the future with somebody I'm dating... It's exciting and new! But I feel kinda lost too? Like...Bailey brought up getting a house by the ocean someday and... It's nice to think about but neither of us even have jobs yet..." Even getting a job had been very low on the list of Korra essentials, but it was dawning on her that she'd have to eventually get one. She'd have to save up money and pay bills and...she had little to no experience with any of it.
    Scaramouch
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scaramouch on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Yep, that was an arrogant streak as clear as day. The Avatar was certainly in good company! "Oh, ya mean these ol' things?" Scaramouch acknowledged, glancing down at himself. While the android thoroughly loved dressing up and flaunting his stuff, there was no shame in feeling cozy. He smiled and tugged on his plain t-shirt. "Nah, this is my lazybones outfit~! If I ain't goin' anywhere or expectin' company, I slap this on and kick back. It's not like Lu or the flowers are gonna really mind, y'know?" ...Wait, a onesie? And a onesie with kitty ears and a tail!? The very thought struck Scaramouch as absurd. He also helped himself to Korra's challenge, grin as shameless as always. "No, not a onesie," the android snickered, "but I don't think she'd care either way~!" Let that sink in, eh?

"The closest would be my friends' home back in my world but...even then, they lived in a room above a stadium. I don't even think they had a kitchen!"

...Whoa, talk about far out.

"Pfft! Who lives in a freakin' stadium, a couple of meathead jocks?" Janitors? Hobos...? No kitchen didn't elicit concern out of Scaramouch as it did Korra, but... then again, robot. Robots don't need kitchens. "Hm! Livin' above a sports center ain't my idea of housin' - what, with the deafenin' fanfare and all - but I guuuuuuess it boils down to a matter of taste?" Or, uh, lack thereof. He wisely didn't state this, however. "And ya should think about spreadin' your wings, Korra! Havin' your own place is one of the best accomplishments in life!" Assuming ownership didn't come encumbered by crippling debt and surmounting bills, buying a piece of property was relatively easy in Portal City. So easy, in fact, even a robot could do it! Scaramouch had himself a laugh. "Hon! If you're considerin' a place of your own, I highly recommend you give it more thought. The process is actually quite simple! Just have the dinero - that's moola, AKA: money - on hand and you're good to go. Don't let anyone sandbag ya, though, 'kay? If it smells fishy, back out, kiddo!" Not that the android didn't have faith in Korra's mental prowess, but...? Yeah, no. He didn't have faith in her mental prowess. She had 'doe-eyed doll' written all over those beautiful, icy-blue eyes!

Point in case, she didn't know half the crap Scaramouch said. Which, hey, a lot of folks didn't! "Man, I really need to update my lingo database, sheesh..." he muttered. Aw, look that that cute, clueless scrunched up expression of utter confusion. Nope, the Avatar had all the street smarts and cunning of an innocent schoolgirl; hence the nickname 'kiddo'. "Hon~! I very much doubt you're gonna find a similar style - at least, so far away from the poles! This climate is far too temperate. 'Sides, I bet they have sentimental value. You can't buy that!" Though that didn't stop folks from trying.

...Ooh, he was the first person she thought to ask~!? That tickled his circuits pink! The robot snapped an immediate salute and felt honored. "Your faith won't be misplaced, no sir~! E-Er, ma'am~!" Now, then! What golden nuggets of wisdom could Scaramouch possibly give the Avatar~?

"I had one boyfriend before but...it didn't last very long before I was brought here without him. I've never thought about the future with somebody I'm dating... It's exciting and new! But I feel kinda lost too? Like...Bailey brought up getting a house by the ocean someday and... It's nice to think about but neither of us even have jobs yet..."

Gadzooks! Korra and Bailey didn't waste time bothering with the brakes, did they?

"Bzzzzt! Okay, okay, stop." The android wildly gestured, hoping to snag Korra's attention before she said any further. "House by the ocean...? Tch! You guys are barely, what, twenty? Twenty-five at the oldest? W-Well, Bailey's older than that by two years, bu - PFFT!" Rambling alert, rambling alert! Scaramouch used his own advice and put on his brakes. Focus, babe, focus! "Okay, back to the beach house," he remarked, steering their conversation. "My advice? Forget the beach house for now - even for the next three years. You two aren't responsible enough yet!" And who wants to get stuck with all that baggage so soon, seriously? He shook his head and rolled a hand, continuing, "Too much, too fast. Take it from me, kiddo: you don't wanna get tied down so quickly. You mentioned jobs, right? That's a good course of action. Both of you should get jobs, get your own, separate places - maybe an apartment if you have to live together - but don't abandon your sense of individuality. Until you're capable of managin' on your own, bunkin' with someone might not be pretty, comprendé?" Another pause. "...That's Spanish for, 'don't put the cart before the horse', kiddo." Not really, but...
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:00 am

Lazybones outfit, huh? It was a little disarming to see the robot in such a casual outfit. His usual jacket and boots were so showy, but it was still a rather nice ensemble. It looked...comfy! Perfect for a lazybones day. "I don't really mind what Bailey wears. I bet Lunette's the same way!" Sure, Korra did like when Bailey wore something that was really pretty, but the redhead looked attractive to her regardless! The grin never lessened on Scaramouch's metal face, even when she implied that these mysterious pajamas were an absurd little onesie! Rather than get offended, he decided to tease right on back. He'd better ready himself for one heck of a barb, the young woman leaning forward ever so slightly. "Oh-ho-ho! Then it really is true love!" Embarrassing onesies, the one true decider.

"Pfft! Who lives in a freakin' stadium, a couple of meathead jocks?"

...Well, he wasn't wrong. Still, Korra's grin turned a bit awkward as she sipped from the bottle before elaborating. "They were jocks, yeah. ...They were also orphans with nowhere else to live. Being a probending player was sort of their job?" Swallowing a sip between her words, the Avatar's face suddenly turned contemplative, frowning to herself. "...Hey, I was a probender too, and I never got paid!" Amon's revolution sort of got in the way, but still... It had been the closest thing she'd ever had to an actual job and she hadn't even been paid for it. Figures. Onto bigger and better things, such as Korra spreading her wings to roost in her own place! The idea was quite appealing indeed! "It has been a while there at the Inn... Getting my own place could be exciting!" Before she could start making plans to move on out though, Scaramouch was quick to remind her of reality. Namely, the need for moola. And being mindful not to be tricked! Giving him a wink, the blue eyed young lady tipped the lip of her bottle towards him in a friendly gesture. "You've got it, Uncle Mochi! I'm gonna be smart about this!" The only issue was her lack of experience in...well, a lot of things. She had regrettably let herself be pushed into a corner by Tarrlok, but this time she'd be firm! No more tricks, no pressuring her into something she didn't want to do!

Scaramouch was a curious robot, with the strange lingo and stranger habits. Korra didn't seem too perturbed, just stealing another sip of her coke as he muttered to himself about databases. For the most part, he got his messages across! "Huh!" A thought suddenly struck Korra, head tilting to the side. "Does this place have poles...? My friend and I have been to the tundra up north, but not far enough to find any poles... and we haven't explored the continent to the south yet." Eh, she doubted they'd have Water Tribe gear there anyway. "Very sentimental!" An arm gestured up and down, directing his attention to her whole outfit. "Everything you see is classic Water Tribe. Even my hair!" Playfully, she batted at her own side ponytail!

His reassurance that her faith was in the right place earned Scaramouch a bright smile! Though the wild gestures and insistence that she stop made Korra pause, blinking at him with no small amount of confusion. Both hands settled firmly onto her own lap, silent aside from a brief mumble of "Twenty-one." when he inquired about her age. Obviously, the beach house idea had shocked him as much as it shocked Korra herself! Her cheeks darkened as she nodded in agreement. The mention of them not being responsible enough did make the young woman raise her eyebrow, but she otherwise kept quiet. Why else would she come for advice if not to admit she wasn't ready? True to form, Scaramouch's advice was sound. The beach house was a goal for a much farther future! For now, a job was good enough. Eventually, perhaps an apartment. But, the two of them needed to be able to work and manage their own homes before they could make that next step to moving in together. Especially for something as major as a house.

Weird lingo aside (what was Spanish anyway?), Korra sighed softly to herself. "You're right. And I know we're not ready for that yet. Bailey probably knows that too, she made it sound like something we could do in the future but... It still caught me off-guard. As did a couple of other things..." Swallowing thickly, those blues centered their focus entirely on the robot. "Does that make me a bad girlfriend? It's not that the idea of moving in together makes me upset or something, we spend a lot of time in each other's room anyway! But a house... I-I just didn't expect her to mention it so soon, you know? I've only ever lived with my parents or in community compounds. Never my own place, never a house...a-and never with a girlfriend or boyfriend."
    Scaramouch
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scaramouch on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Disarming? Pfft, this robot was nothing but fabulous, babe. Korra's lack of faith was pardoned - for now. Scaramouch was far too busy snickering at how completely oblivious the Avatar was to his naughty (but subtle) joke regarding the onesie. "Oh yes~!" he shamelessly grinned, "It's the truest of love, kiddo." After all, could anyone else boldly claim they wore Lunette so well~?

"They were jocks, yeah. ...They were also orphans with nowhere else to live. Being a probending player was sort of their job? ...Hey, I was a probender too, and I never got paid!"

He'll repeat for the audience: this is why he worried about the clueless dame.

Clearing his vocal synthesizer, the android pressed both of his metal hands together and took a deeeeeep artificial breath. In and out, in and out; that's it, babe. He exhaled loudly, "Boy." See, Korra said she was gonna be smart about this, but Scaramouch had his doubts... So much, in fact, that the incredulous robot couldn't keep from clicking his synthetic tongue. "Kiddo, kiddo, kiddo..." tutted old Scaramouch, head shaking. "No offense to you, Korra - and I really mean it - buuuuut you don't exactly strike me as the 'intellectual' type. Actually, you're kinda a meathead... Y'know, the type to shoot first and ask questions maybe, if, like, not at all?" But, decidedly not an orphan and had better sense than to live in a stadium! She was already ahead of the game, yes sir~!

"Does this place have poles...? My friend and I have been to the tundra up north, but not far enough to find any poles... and we haven't explored the continent to the south yet."

...Or not. That's cool, too. The shit-eating grin spreading across Scaramouch's face said it all. "Note to self: buy you a geography book for Christmas~!" But, seriously. There was no excuse not knowing how to look things up on the internet. No excuse, kiddo! Anyway, forget about the poles. They weren't the conversation's main event! "...Bad girlfriend!?" Oh no. Oh no, no, no, no, no, kiddo. Wee-OOO, wee-OOO, wee-OOO! It was time for the confidence police! The android eyed Korra with a look that could cut through diamond. "Hmph! Okay, rule Numero Uno while in Chez de Moi," he huffed, placing a hand on his chest. "Repeat after me, kiddo: we do not, in any circumstance, think badly about ourselves. 'Kay? Lemme hear ya say that." This was important, see. Assuming she did (which she will), Scaramouch continued with his metal schnoz upturned. "And no, that does not make ya a bad girlfriend. Korra, kiddo, how could ya even think that?" Alas... he recognized why the young Avatar would, and it was disheartening.

Naive...

Excited...

Lack of confidence in herself...

Scaramouch tried not to grimace and reminisce about a few... things; that'd be breaking his own rule! Instead, he opted for a (very) small frown. "Not strappin' yourself down with a house neither of ya can pay for, let alone maintain, is actually smart of ya, not... well, selfish. As your friend and honorary uncle, kiddo, I'd hate see ya both miserable 'cause of poor life choices." His frown quickly turned upside down. "So let me make them for ya instead, 'kay? Do as I say, not as I do~!" Yep, that was pretty sagely ad - oh! Wait, wait, backtrack! Optics rotated in their sockets and whirred. "Okay, so, what are these other things?" he asked. Ooh, sounded ominous...
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Never underestimate the power of very sheltered upbringings, Scaramouch! Korra wouldn't catch a joke of that caliber even if it was slapping her in the face. Chalking his snickers up to him being...well, Scaramouch, the young Avatar grinned right back at him. "You and Lunette are definitely more in love than my actual uncle and aunt!" She barely even saw the two of them together! Uncle Unaloq just... didn't seem like an affectionate man.

"Kiddo, kiddo, kiddo... No offense to you, Korra - and I really mean it - buuuuut you don't exactly strike me as the 'intellectual' type. Actually, you're kinda a meathead... Y'know, the type to shoot first and ask questions maybe, if, like, not at all?"

Ooh... She hated that Uncle Mochi had her number like this. Pride insisted she fight the robot on this, defend herself and insist she wasn't just some meathead! But... that last part really sounded like her, didn't it? Korra settled for an indignant huff and an irate sip of her coke. After a tense silence, the Avatar spoke up with a grumble. "Maybe..." More than 'maybe'. "I've been working on that. Asking more questions and...stuff." She insisted, peeking at the robot out of the corner of her eye. "Bailey's pretty smart, but we both get really eager. That's why I came to you for some advice. You're pretty grounded!" For a flamboyant metal man, at least! Still, he had a point. If most of the players seemed to get winnings out of their plays, perhaps she should have talked to Mako and Bolin about her own cut of the cash?

Geography book? Korra squinted at Scaramouch as if he'd suddenly began to speak some strange new language, trying to riddle out his silly grin and his intentions. Bah, it didn't really matter. Wasn't like there was an 'actual' Southern Water Tribe here. Her attention shifted to the matter at hand, the robot seemed offended at the very idea that Korra might think she wasn't a good girlfriend! Grimacing self-consciously in response, the Avatar nevertheless parroted back the phrase when prompted. "We do not, in any circumstance, think badly about ourselves." At least, not in the...boy, Scaramouch was fond of some really weird and fancy words, wasn't he? Chez de moi?

"And no, that does not make ya a bad girlfriend. Korra, kiddo, how could ya even think that?"

Still chilled and half full by this point, Korra's hand lowered to let her bottle rest just above her own lap. One hand was clutched around it to keep it in place, but her free hand reached up for a ponytail. Fingers wove their way through the strands, a nervous habit as the young woman thought over the trusted words of Uncle Mochi. "I guess I'm just...worried. I was thinking about the inn, how much time we spend together...whether the rooms at the inn would be roomy enough for two people. And Bailey went right to a house by the ocean! She's looking so far into the future, but I've just been looking at the now! I don't want her to feel like I'm not as excited as she is, you know?" Because boy, was she excited. The redhead was many different 'firsts' for her, and the longer they were together, the more Korra felt for her. Speaking of feeling, Scaramouch was bouncing back fast from the slight dip into melancholy, insisting that the two dames let him make all the poor life choices for them! "I dunno, this place seems like it was a great life choice!" The young woman insisted with a small laugh, confidence bolstering now that she'd had the chance to admit her feelings.

The confidence remained when he inquired about the 'other things' Bailey brought up, and to her credit, Korra did not grow nervous the way she did before. Instead, red bled into her face and threatened to turn her dark brown skin into something more akin to a tomato! Both hands remained steady in her lap, clasping the cool glass. Despite herself, Korra couldn't help a grin that grew on her face to match some of Scaramouch's own. "W-well...they were...things..." Somehow, trying to say it out-loud was harder than thinking about it! Sneaking a deep breath, both of her shoulders hiked upwards. "She told me that if I ever wanted to get more physical I could talk to her about it!" It came out in a rushed jumble, the Avatar still staring at the robot with that same grin, as if she'd been caught pilfering the cookie jar. Waiting a moment, she said one more thing as if it would explain everything to do with this situation. "The most I've ever done is kiss."
    Scaramouch
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scaramouch Today at 12:46 am

"You and Lunette are definitely more in love than my actual uncle and aunt!"

In true Scaramouch fashion, the android's words came tumbling out of his metal gob before he processed a single letter. "Ooh, ouch... A robot bein' a better lover than two organics. That's - whew~! That's really sad, kiddo. Like, really sad." Hey, never let it be said that Scaramouch wasn't an honest fella! He was also a perceptive one, too... A single optic narrowed as Korra tried (that's the keyword) to pull a fast one. "Maybe, huh?" Yeah, just like that was maybe an indignant huff and maybe an irate sip of her drink. Cue the sassy, "Mhm," but Scaramouch let it slide; after all, she was coming to him for, quote on quote, 'grounded advice'. All 'tude ebbed out of the android upon hearing Korra echo his Golden Rule. See that soft, approving smile on his metal face? Yes, the coast was clear.

For now.

"Yeah, I know, kiddo, I know." Honestly, ol' Scaramouch did. It was pretty typical of any lovebird - figurative or literal - to be anxious about courtship, the same how it was true for getting ahead of oneself. This he knew very, very well. Have no fear, young Avatar! This jazzy 'bot knew exactly how to steer you through these tough, uncharted waters. "No harm in bein' worried! In fact, that's fairly conscientious of ya," he nodded, thinking along. "And as lovely as a house is, it's an awfully big responsibility - neither you nor Bailey are mature enough to handle. Not yet, at least. I think it'd be wiser if ya both start small - like, say, an apartment!" The robot gestured to the lighted space around them. "If you both were to get an apartment in the city, you could split the expenses and learn how to budget as adults! Plus, there'd be a lot of convenience at your fingertips; shops, parks, friendly neighbors and emergency aid... stuff like that. Beachfront property isn't exactly accessible to all of the aforementioned things. It's kinda remote and pricey..." Not to mention vulnerable to a moody Mother Nature. Ick, flooding!

"I dunno, this place seems like it was a great life choice!"

Well, Korra wasn't wrong there! Er, actually... Not to be a wet towel, but Scaramouch could technically make an argument; for the sake of both their sanities, however, he wisely kept that metal trap shut. "Hon~! In your defense, kiddo, there ain't nothin' wrong with goin' steady," said the android. Really, that's what it was - Korra wasn't going slow, she was just being mindful. "Romance is plenty excitin' - believe me, I know, kiddo! When ya find that special someone, it's sometimes a real chore throwin' on the brakes and lettin' life do its thing. Sometimes, ya just wanna take that person and go straight to home run~!" N-Not that Korra, of all people, would understand the gist of Scaramouch's statement. The fact alone made him laugh, his synthesized giggles echoing throughout the loft. "A-Anyway, you two talked about gettin' physical, huh~?" Ooh, seems like these two dames were eager to step up to first base~! The one time Scaramouch wished he had eyebrows to wiggle... He would sadly have to accept the second-best alternative: squinting those emotive optics of his. "Tch, kissin'..." What a baby~! The android snickered behind a hand, delighted. "Gee, with the way you're blushin', it's almost like Bailey asked ya to fondle her bubs!" ...Was that too vulgar? Hm, no. This was too vulgar.

He cupped his chest and pretended to wiggle a pair of breasts, shaking those shoulders of his. "Hon, hon, hon~! WHEW! You two are growin' up fast, I tell ya~! Next thing ya know, you're gonna talk about puttin' those fingers to work." Scaramouch thankfully didn't continue his charades.

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:51 pm