Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Lunch Rush

Post by Ariana Lee on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:26 am

Time: 11:58 AM
    Date: July 31, 0008

Taking the elevator from the third floor to the first, Ariana stepped past the metal doors and into the hallway. She glanced around, taking note of the other people milling around the lobby. It was a little busy since lunch had just started. Crap, maybe she should have come down here sooner! That's what you get when your nap winds up being longer than expected, she supposed. Pushing her glasses further up onto the length of her nose, the young woman navigated her way around the crowd and into the dining area. Immediately, the scent of freshly cooked food tickled at her nose! Sniffing the air lightly, she was unable to keep herself from licking her lips. Mmm... Her stomach was already grumbling and rumbling! Her dark brown eyes immediately centered onto the buffet dishes spread out for people to grab. Scooping up a plate for herself, the young werewolf made a beeline for a dish of meat lover's pizza. Piling it with two hearty slices overflowing with meat and cheese, she made sure to scoop up some macaroni and cheese, and a leg of Rotisserie chicken. There! That was definitely a balanced meal, right? You had meats, dairy, the tomato sauce totally counts as vegetables. ...Were tomatoes a fruit or a vegetable?

Whatever tomatoes were, Ariana was satisfied enough with her lunch for the day. Turning on her heel with the plate held snugly in both hands...it felt as if her stomach had turned to lead, plummeting down into the deepest reaches of her gut. Oh boy. Lots of tables were already full of people, not a single empty place among them! Even more reason to come here earlier for lunch! Her eyes sought out the exit, but it was so far away...anxiety tickled at her brain. Surely people would notice her skulking back to her room, and she'd have to return eventually to bring back the plate anyway! Taking a deep breath, she shuffled her way to one of the closest tables she could see. Sitting at it was a man that seemed unassuming enough! At least, he didn't look like somebody who'd chase her off or yell at her. The eyes were certainly interesting, very bright and almost...golden? Clearing her throat softly, she gave him an uneasy grin. "I-I'm sorry if I'm intruding...but is this spot taken? I didn't see any empty places to eat at and..." Her throat almost felt like it was clenching up, but it was too late. She already opened this 'door', she couldn't run away now!

"If you'd rather eat alone, that's fine...I just figured I'd ask before e-escaping to my room." There, social interaction. Like ripping off a band-aid! ...If the band-aid got caught on a bit of body hair and tugged at it as it was pulled. Oy. Ariana swallowed and attempted to don a grin that was more confident as she waited for the man's answer. It was...semi-successful at least.
    Perrin Aybara
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Re: Lunch Rush

Post by Perrin Aybara on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:41 am

Perrin had been living here for a couple of weeks now — though he still found it odd that weeks here were seven days long instead of ten, and that all the months had different names — but he honestly still felt… aimless. It was a subtle sensation, but one that had taken up residence in the back of his mind and didn’t feel like it was going to budge anytime soon. Everything here was just so... different. There were so many people who weren’t even human, for one thing, and so much technology that he could barely wrap his mind around, either. Traveling from one floor of a building to the other without even using your feet? Talking into boxes with people who lived on the other side of the city? Water that gushed out of a sphere-shaped piece of metal that changed temperature at the twist of a knob? He shook his head, a part of him still wondering if this was all somehow a dream.

He popped a piece of chicken into his mouth, chewing. No, if this were a dream, he would have woken up ages ago. And food still tasted more or less the same, despite how different some dishes were.

As he was sitting there chewing away, ignoring the crowd of familiar faces, he head a voice suddenly address him. He glanced up to spot a young woman — well, she wasn’t exactly young, but it wasn’t like she was old enough to be his mother, either — who eyed him with a nervous air about her. Even her words were tinged with worry, like she wanted to be anywhere else but here.

“Oh, no need to apologize. Go right ahead,” he reassured her, waving a hand towards the empty seat across him. “It wasn’t as if I was expecting any company.” Which… probably sounded worse than he’d intended it to sound, but he’d already said it. “Are you just passing by, or do you live here too?”
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:54 pm

As the man looked up, Ariana got a better look at his face. Just as she first thought, his eyes were a striking sort of gold. It made the man very distinct, though the rest of his looks helped with that as well! He had a rugged sort of look about him, with the long flowing hair and the face scruff. Even in his seat, the man looked fit and strong. From the selection on his plate, his tastes seemed aligned with her own. He seemed like the type of guy she might find out in the woods rather than the busy city! Age was a bit harder for her to discern thanks to the beard, but he seemed relatively young. The stranger was quite kind, easily giving her permission to sit with him since he wasn't saving any places for anyone. As he said, he wasn't expecting company. The words made her wince self-consciously, giving him a shy smile. "Thank you. I-I'll try not to take up too much of your time. Or s-space."

Shifting closer to the table, Ariana set down her plate before she slid into the chair the man had gestured for her to take. As the young woman settled into her seat, some of the uneasiness seemed to drain out of her. She was still in public, a little uncomfortable, but somehow it felt easier to sit rather than to stand. Perhaps it was because it generated less attention from others. As she unfolded a napkin and smoothed it across her lap, the young werewolf glanced back up at those yellow eyes of her new acquaintance. Small talk, she could do some small talk. Sitting in silence when they were both strangers would be awfully awkward, anyway. "Oh, no, I live here." The 'too' seemed to imply that he lived here as well. "I've never seen you here before, but...I do keep to myself a lot so that's not too surprising." Maybe the man was new, or maybe he'd been here for months! She honestly hadn't been paying too much attention and realizing that made her feel a bit embarrassed. Gathering up a slice of pepperoni pizza, she hesitated before taking a bite. "My name's Ariana, by the way. Ariana Lee."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:18 am