Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Re: Another Year, Another Show!

Post by Amalan on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:39 pm

As Amalan finished his first plate of food, his gaze remained fixated on the stage. Where was the next performer? It really felt like he or she should have been onstage by now. The elf didn't have to wonder about it too much longer, though. A very familiar figure on horseback appeared on stage in an ominous cloud of mist. Mortis. It felt like his heart skipped a beat at the sight. The Altmer still felt nervous around the undead and his brother, and his horse wasn't helping. He had heard of Mortis' horses before, but this was the first time he had ever seen one of them in person.

Still, Amalan tried to be polite, keeping his eyes on the stage. Huh, horse maneuvers? That was innocent enough. He even managed to crack a tiny smile as Angemort performed the moves flawlessly, and on command. This was actually turning out to be a really nice demonstration! The elf was caught by surprise when Mortis' second horse appeared. She was there to help close the act, it seemed.

It was really impressive! The two horses were performing in absolutely perfect unison! He could tell that Mortis and his horses must have really rehearsed for their demonstration. Amalan reflexively gasped as the horses leaped over the audience. Not out of fear, but in awe. He started to applaud, but stopped mid-clap as he noticed that the undead and his companions were nowhere to be seen. Huh, peculiar. Still, he did greatly enjoy their act!
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:05 pm

"Thanks, Njorth!"

Olabisi graciously accepted her hot dog, making her way to the condiments. Relish, mustard, and chopped onions. Yum! As the mummy finished dressing up her hot dog, a familiar voice grabbed her attention. She turned around to see Mortis on the stage, and on horseback to boot. The bandaged could already tell that whatever was coming, it would definitely be something.

Munching on her food, Ola watched and listened intently as Mortis went through with his demonstrations. She could tell just from watching the undead that he and his horse must be very close. The mare perfectly executed the maneuvers right on command, no delay or resistance! So far, the Thep Khufan was really liking what she was seeing. But then it got better.

A second horse joined them, appearing from a cloud of mist. This was going to be the finale, apparently. And it most certainly did not disappoint. The two horses were perfectly in sync with each other, absolutely flawless! But that was just an appetizer for what was about to come. Ola almost dropped her plate when Mortis and his horses disappeared and reappeared over the audience. That was amazing! The mummy was about to clap for them, but realized that they didn't seem to be returning.

"Aww." Oh well. Olabisi looked over at the Tavern's table to see Shaiamils and Scaramouch. Before the next act started, there was something she just had to get out of the way.

"Shai, mind if I get some pictures of you?" she asked after heading over there. "Oh! And maybe a few with you and Scaramouch together?"
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:42 pm

When Shai and Scaramouch got off the stage and she waited for the next act to come out Nyreena wondered where it could be then she felt the familiar chill pass over the area and knew who was coming up next Watching the mist roll in and cover the stage she heard the hooves clap on the wood of the stage and watched Mortis and Angemort come through the part in the mist, a bit curious as to what the two were going to do. Listening to Mortis make his greeting and say that he had come to educate them she was a bit more curious as she tilted her head at the same time. Understanding a bit when he said that he was going to teach them about Angemort and what she could that her confusion turned to interest, wondering what the horse would be doing. She then wondered if Angemort was the only one being used her answer was given to her when she caught the bit about the horse being one of the assistants which told her that Samhain wasn’t too far behind.

Carefully watching as Mortis led Angemort through the first set of maneuvers Nyreena was actually impressed at how well the ghoul had trained his undead steed, politely clapping after each one for Angemort’s success. She truly impressed by the hard work and the effort that Mortis had put in to teach the horse how to do this so well and with such precision. Giving them a bigger applause once that part was done she watched as Samhain appeared she applauded at her appearance and was interested to see the next demonstration.

As the two horses moved in a perfect mirror symmetry to each other Nyreena gave a good applause at that, very impressed by that. However she was thrown into a bit of confusion as the mist rolled around them, swallowed them up, and made them disappear from the stage. Unsure if that was the end of Mortis’s performance or not that was quickly resolved as the sharp whinny came from above the right side of the stage and they appeared from the mist, leaping to the other side into another bank of mist then going back, disappearing for good that time. Then watching the mist come over the canopy she got a bit chilled when the laughter was heard then jumped as the call boomed over the audience and the three soared out from the mist over the first three rows and departed into the mist below. Seeing that they weren’t coming back for their applause she gave one anyways for a job very well done.

Waiting for a few moments for Diana to come up she noticed that she was nowhere to be found and wondering what had happened she knew that the show had to go on with or without her. Leaning over and giving Dominick a kiss on his cheek she said, ”Well, looks like I’m up. Wish me luck. Here’s hoping it goes without a hitch.” Giving his hand a squeeze she stood made her way around to behind the stage.

As she made her way to the far back of the stage Nyreena actually started to feel nervous about performing, since this was something that she had never attempted before and she wanted it to go off without a hitch. Getting into her starting position, being directly in the middle, the lights dimming down as she hung her head down and motioned for the music to start.

Be careful making wishes in the dark dark
    Can't be sure when they've hit their mark, mark
    And besides in the mean, mean time
    I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart

I'm in the de-details with the devil
    So now the world can never get me on my level
    I just got to get you out of the cage
    I'm a young lover's rage
    Gonna need a spark to ignite

Hearing the vocals coming over the speakers a soft spotlight appeared over her as she lifted her head, having a look on her face that seemed like she was hypnotised by something, and started walking forward at a paced gait lifting her arms one at a time in an alternating pattern while shooting a medium blue ghost beam at certain spots and making either a creature or a humanoid being appear then flung two more behind her that created a leader of the energy beings that rose behind her, another humanoid being that had the looks of a young man that certainly had that evil look in his eye and wanted nothing more than to destroy her. Then as the lyrics began the lights started to move through their choreography, starting to set the tone for the performance, she seem to snap out of her trance and started to dance in a mix of a hip hop and contemporary style, acting out being ambushed by the creatures and minor humanoids as they advanced on her, struggling to fight them off while the major humanoid watched from behind.

My songs know what you did in the dark

Then as the bridge to the chorus was heard and Nyreena was about to be subdued, the lights almost dimming off, she let out a burst of energy that pushed her opponents back that made the lights surge to life. As they did a band of light had expanded from her, almost unseen, she shapeshifted into her costume and struck a powerful pose afterwards, looking like she was ready to bring on the fight.

So light 'em up up up
    Light 'em up up up
    Light 'em up up up
    I'm on fire

So light 'em up up up
    Light 'em up up up
    Light 'em up up up
    I'm on fire

In the dark dark
    In the dark dark

During the chorus the creatures and minor humanoids quickly recovering from being blown back like that they quickly retaliated and fought back, leading into Nyreena’s demonstration of her martial arts skills and her regular powers, easily able to fight back against them as they came after her. As one creature charged after her she formed a fist that was ablazed with her ghostly energy she punched it back sending it flying right off theside of the stage and over the park.

All the writers keep writing what they write, write
    Somewhere another pretty vein just died
    I've got the scars from tomorrow and
    I wish you could see, see
    That you’re the antidote to everything except for me, me

A constellation of tears on your lashes
    Burn everything you love, then burn the ashes
    In the end everything collides
    My childhood spat back out the monster that you see

My songs know what you did in the dark

Continuing to fight her opponents Nyreena threw in several moments for her dancing skills that blended both the dancing and her fighting skills. By the time the bridge was sung she had defeated almost all of enemies she had conjured up and was on the last two.

So light 'em up up up
    Light 'em up up up
    Light 'em up up up
    I'm on fire

So light 'em up up up
    Light 'em up up up
    Light 'em up up up
    I'm on fire

In the dark dark
    In the dark dark

Fighting them at the same time during to chorus she defeated them by the time it ended then acted like she was attacked from behind by the last opponent, the major humanoid, as he walked around and assumed his position to fight. As he did the lights turned bright red making it seem that the real fight was going to begin.

My songs know what you did in the dark (My songs know what you did in the dark)

So light 'em up up up
    Light 'em up up up
    Light 'em up up up
    I'm on fire

So light 'em up up up
    Light 'em up up up
    Light 'em up up up
    I'm on fire

In the dark dark
    In the dark dark

Using the last use of the bridge that echoed she slowly got up and assuming a defensive position the chorus repeated and the two duked it out. At first the villain had gotten the upper hand and was just about to beat her when she got a surge of strength and beat him back, at that moment the lights changing to red to blue that slowly faded to white, defeating him once and for all. Finishing out the song with a victorious dancing movements with her back to the audience she turned just before the song ended and struck one final pose, her left hand on her hip and her right one held up as she snapped her fingers on that hand lighting it up with her ghostly energy, giving them all a confident wink. Holding it for just a few moments after the song ended she took a grand bow, summoning the energy beings that she had summoned to take a bow as well before making them disappear and walked off the stage, changing back into her regular clothes and returning to her seat beside Dominick, hoping that he liked it now that he saw it in its full run.

Everyone I am so sorry for getting this up so late. My work schedule from the past few days got hetic on me and I couldn't finish working on it until today. I certainly hope that this makes up for it. I hope you like it! Thanks for understanding!
    Dominick Comzistradt
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Dominick Comzistradt on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Once Shai and Scaramouch were off the stage Dominick quickly wondered where the next act was when suddenly his vampiric senses flared and he sensed the chill and foreboding approached, holding Nyreena just a bit more tightly to protect her as it continued to roll in. Getting on edge as the mist made its appearance he tried everything he could to not lash out at it. Finally the ghoul and what looked like an undead horse stepped out of the shadow and he was able to calm down and relax, watching as a demonstration of how well the horse was trained. Clapping along with Nyreena he found it interesting as well how the steed was so on point with each maneuver it performed. Then when the second hosre appeared and the two performed in perfect sync with each other he was impressed at that as well. Then as the grand finale appeared he thought that it wasn't bad and he clapped as well, showing his appreciation.

Feeling the kiss on his cheek and hearing Nyreena say that it was her turn to go on he kissed her back and told her, "Alright, love. Don't worry, I know you have this. I know you're going to do great." Squeezing her hand in return he watched as she headed to the stage feeling confident that she could do this and make her performance great just like the first two had been.

Watching her first started out she wondered where this was was going when she had created the creatures, as well as a bit concerned (and perhaps a little jealous) when she created her major enemy. However all that changed when it looked like she would be subdued then suddenly she casted them away with a burst of energy. Then when she transformed into her costume he was clearly at a lost for words at how beautiful and strong she was. Then watching her fight with her impressive skills, able to blend them with her dancing, he was truly amazed. When he saw the one creature fly off the stage he gave her a bit of applause and a whistle at how impressed he was by that.

Then when he saw her get attacked by the the major villain he almost lurched out of his seat to go help her but he kept his ass glued to the seat so that he wouldn't ruin her performance and watched as the scum almost got the best of her, feeling like his heart was going to break. But when he saw her gather her strength and beat him back in a last ditch effort he couldn't be more proud of her. Watching her give a last dance in triumph then strike her pose he was so much more than impressed by that. He was astounded. When she took her bows he stood and gave her standing ovation, so happy that it went through without a hitch. Staying up as he watched her come off the stage and walked to him he gave her a warm, congratulating hug and said to her, "Oh love, that was amazing! I am so proud of you! See, I told you you would get it!"
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:18 am

From his place at the table, it was easy for Minion to spy a certain couple that walked in and claimed their seats in the back row! Zurg and Jo, oh it was good to see them again! Even if it was from afar, but perhaps they would get food after the shows. In either case, he still sent a wave to the both of them as they walked by, grinning toothily both as himself and as Mitchell. They had thankfully arrived in time, catching the first show of the evening. Slipping himself a few more pieces of shrimp, Minion's attention drifted back to the stage when a sudden fog rolled through, completely covering the floor of the stage. Funny, he couldn't seem to spy any smoke machines... Eyebrow arching, he continued to observe the odd mist. Minion was far enough away to be relatively unaffected by the chill, but he couldn't ignore the way the grass seemed to ice over on contact. Was this all part of an act...?

Hooves stomped upon wood, announcing the presence of a horse. But this was no normal horse, it was giant, sickly green, bones poking through flesh and suddenly Minion regretted his gorging of the shrimp. Just look at that thing! He could see the bare jaw and skeletal tail from here! Even her whinny sounded ghoulish, like the shriek of a banshee. A hand found itself over his own chest, a bit of a learned gesture since his heart was nowhere near the chassis of the robotic body underneath. "M-maybe...it's an animatronic!" He told himself with a shaky grin. The stare that came from that horse didn't seem very 'robotic' though. Sending shivers down his spine, he directed his almond brown eyes up to eye the rider sat upon that undead steed. He looked similarly undead, with a rather strange skull poking out from beneath a wide-brimmed Stetson. The attire was almost familiar, but from this distance, it was something of a minor detail. Compared to everything else happening on stage, that is. Mortis and Angemort, and this was a performance! Interested, the undead nature of the horse and her rider was shrugged off as his large eyes widened attentively. Definitely no animatronic, but this would be intriguing!

With Mortis' announcement of the name of the trick, Angemort began to lift her great legs to trot in place. For such a large creature, her dainty steps were actually quite impressive! Minion's 'ears' were primed to pick up the lesson that was given during the demonstration, that the dancelike trot kept the horse alert for danger! Rearing up on her hind legs, Angemort lifted her front hooves close to her chest, neck held up in a graceful pose. The fish winced as if waiting for those legs to buckle. And yet...they remained sturdy! A defensive move that could easily turn offensive, as the ghoulish horse reared up once again to kick her hoof out! Oof. He wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of those! Angemort could probably squish his real body like a grape. Each time she landed back on all fours, it was with a heavy thud upon the wood planks. Mortis motioned for the horse to take a new spot at the far end of the stage, giving her the cue to move seemingly by calling out the name of this next move. Rearing onto those hind legs once again, the disguised alien's jaw dropped as such a large horse began to hop across the stage! Such a giant horse, and yet so methodical in movement. Returning to the center, she began to trot once more before suddenly propelling herself with all four legs, jumping upwards! Upon landing, she resumed trotting in place as the skull faced man revealed her final trick! Leaping into the air again, she suddenly kicked out her legs behind her and yet still managed to land upon all fours once more!

Minion almost began to clap, before realizing that Mortis...didn't seem finished yet? The hands that had raised up suddenly dropped back to his sides, looking a bit sheepish. It seems there would be another horse joining the act, and the fish watched curiously as again, a fog seemed to announce the arrival of this second horse. Like the first, she was rather undead, and yet...different. For one thing, this horse had lips, along with bushy hair at the end of her bony tail. Somehow, the addition of lips did nothing to make this horse any less creepy. If anything, the wide and green-tinged smile was pretty unsettling to look at. How odd it was, to realize he preferred the bony mouth! This steed was named Samhain, a rather appropriate name as it brought forth thoughts of Halloween. Rearing up into the air, this horse gave her greeting neigh, just as chilling to hear as her companion. Together, they mirrored each other on the stage as both horses began to trot daintily, rearing up and perfectly synced. They turned away from each other, rearing up again and stabbing the air with their front hooves and looking much like a set of bookends, or perhaps statues that stood before a library. Leaping up, their back legs kicked out and eight hooves clapped back down upon the wood with a more resounding thump. Once more, they reared back upon their hind legs, but then something new happened. The fog that had signaled their appearances came again, swallowing both of them up and hiding them swiftly. Blinking at the empty stage, Minion hummed to himself. Was that the end?

Whinnying signaled that there was still more to come, both steeds suddenly leaping out of the mist from one corner of the stage to the other! Again they disappeared, only to reappear and again soar like wingless pegasuses back to the right side of the stage and becoming swallowed up once again. Mist suddenly began to drift from the canopy of the stage and laughter echoed around the park! A voice called out, the very voice that had been instructing the horses! Quoting John Donne's poem, Mortis seemed to be calling out to his horses and giving them yet another command! But to do what?! The steeds appeared again, leaping out towards the crowd and soaring above the crowd! Like macabre carousel horses, they gracefully soared over the first few rows of the audience! Minion cringed, robotic hands covering his own glassy dome, waiting for the crash...! Only to watch the fog swallow them up once more. All was silent, still, and rider and horses seemed to have vanished. Even the mist was gone! He turned left, and then turned right. Waiting to see if Mortis would step out and bow, the ghoulish man never did reappear. Nonetheless, his hands clapped into a round of applause as the fish cheered. It had been a little frightening, and yet it was much like a haunted house! Spooky, and yet no real danger! At least...he certainly hoped there wasn't.

The next act was seemingly music related, as a song began to play. Minion was not familiar with this band, but he found the music rather catchy! The instrumentals were energetic, and the lyrics nice. This performer was Nyreena, who the fish recognized from last year's act. Last time she had done a lovely dance, perhaps this time would be the same? Or perhaps not so much, as the woman suddenly let out strange blasts from her hands. Not quite flames but...something else. They created humanoid shapes, ending with a leader who looked to be an evil young man. The lighting changed, and the ghost woman began to dance as the beings she created advanced on her. Right as it looked as if she might be captured, she blasted them off with an invisible force, and her attire suddenly changed! Just as the lyrics began to get really energetic, she struck a pose and began to fight back against the creatures with a mix of hand to hand and powers! As she fought, it hit Minion that she looked very much like a superhero! One creature was punched so hard, he flipped over the side of the stage and into the grass! One by one, Nyreena took down her enemies and mixed her fighting with some dancing before it seemed to be just herself and the evil leader. The lights turned crimson, a little foreboding.

Nyreena's constructed opponent put up a good fight, almost taking her down before the ghost seemed to gather her strength to fight back. As she began to win, the lights changed to blue, and finally to a white! Victorious, she struck a pose and flicked her hands to create a blue energy around her raised hand. Once she bowed, summoned beings disappearing once more, Minion again clapped eagerly, mouth turned up in a grin. It was a large change from the act of last year, but it seemed to signal that Nyreena had changed in the past year. More confident, it seems! "Whoo!" He had to admit, it was an empowering performance! Two amazing acts, one right after the other! Tricks from talented horses, with a chilling end, and a great musical number that was filled with adrenaline! Combine that with the previous song and dance and this year was looking to be a great array of talents! Pleased, his clapping faded as Minion stealthily fed himself a dumpling.

((OOC note: The round has been extended a few days to give people more time to reply. The next round, which will include Korra and Diana, will start on Monday!))
    Bailey and Creamer
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:40 pm

The redhead smiled at her girlfriend and returned her harsh whisper with one of her own. ”Of course I made it. I couldn’t miss your act!”  As if she’d pass up the chance to see Korra in action! The Avatar had been very hush-hush about what all she was going to be doing (much in defiance of Bailey’s curiosity), and so Bailey was even more excited to find out about the surprise.

Plus, she figured it would be nice to get out and mingle a bit. As much as she enjoyed just staying with Korra, she did like spending time around her other friends as well! She took the cup that Korra offered, smiling and bringing it to her lips for a quick sip. The woman’s golden eyes were drawn to her girlfriend even as Kev continued to speak.  Were she to be honest, she would admit to herself that she likely was being a little rude. But, in that same line of thinking, she was willing to be a little rude. Korra just looked amazing. Well, she always did, but it felt like every time that she saw the other woman that the world just lit up a little. She nodded at her girlfriend’s suggestion and took up two sliders with a grin to Lunette before looking back at Korra. ”Well, I think that ah, that anything from this table would be good! It, it certainly smells really good!” She smiled again, blushing in her cheeks when Korra spoke that she had gotten them dumplings to share. ”Thanks! That was really, really sweet and yeah. Yeah.” She felt the strongest urge to tuck her hair behind her ear, but found herself lacking the proper number of hands to do so.

"I'd actually like to sit down, if that's alright. Just to get a little closer to the stage and rest a bit. You must be pretty tired from walking here.”

Smooth, Korra. Bailey didn’t suspect a thing. The redhead nodded, causing her curls to bounce with the motion, before looking around for a place to sit down. ”How about ah….a little over there, towards the middle?” She nodded her head in the direction mentioned. With a smile, she started to walk over towards there and moved towards the middle of the row. She sat down, finally, and happily patted the seat next to her while looking up at Korra like an excited kid. ”This should be really fun!” With a grin, Bailey turned towards the stage as the next performer was…supposed to come? Where were they? Did it get really humid all of a sudden? Wait-

”Oh wait, it’s scene-setting.” She whispered to herself, giving herself a mental d’oh for not catching it immediately. Ominous entrance, this was going to be good! Or lame. Probably good, though! The freckled woman slid a bit on her seat until she was able to bump her leg against Korra’s own, smiling as she watched the stage. And then…a horse? A horse.
    A big horse, a really big loud horse WHAT. ”Oh my gosh.”  She blinked a few times, eyes trying to take in what she could see (which admittedly wasn’t a whole lot). That horse was…looking very dead. That was a very dead-looking-but-moving-horse. Zombie horse. Zombies are a thing now, apparently. Welp.

”Greetingsss! My name isss Mortissss, I have come to educate you!”

And educate he did. Bailey watched, enraptured and sliding right to the edge of her seat as Mortis took Angemort through horse-battle-moves (she had already forgotten what they were called as soon as he said it), eyes wide and attentive. Each and every move was explained, demonstrated and it was just

so

COOL

Bailey’s lips were pulled into a smile to show her teeth as she followed along with each and every demonstration, watching the movements and getting a much better understanding of horse muscle anatomy than she was expecting to learn today!  She had known that horses were used in battle back on her world, sure, but she had never seen something like this!

But that wasn’t even half of the excitement that she would feel. Well, actually it was a similar excitement level, but Bailey was already very excited so that was still a feat to accomplish. She watched, nearly breathless in amazement as the two horses made a fricking mist ladder, climbing higher and higher into the air until, finally, Mortis’s voice called and the horses came jumping straight to the crowd! Bailey couldn’t help the slight shout she gave or the way that she clinged to Korra’s well-toned bicep, nearly tossing herself back as she let out a great whoop of laughter.  ”Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh Korra oh my gosh that was so cool! Oh my gosh! Whoa!” Her face was starting to hurt from how much she was smiling even as she could feel her heartbeat in her throat. That was so exciting, she hadn’t had a proper scare in weeks! Months, even! Amazing!  ”Korra it was cool! She gave that muscle (Yes please) a squeeze, still smiling hard even as she began to calm down. She giggled, letting go of Korra’s arm in order to sneakily (not very) slip a dumpling off of the Avatar’s plate. She brought it to her mouth and took a bite, grinning through closed lips like an imp who was particularly proud of a bit of mischief. She chewed, about to speak again, before the next act took to the stage.

Bailey blinked, looking over at ah…Nyreen? No, no that’s not it. Nyrire? No. No that’s not it at all. …Nyreena! Yeah, that’d be it. She swallowed the delicious dumpling and took a sip of her drink as her eyes followed the performance on the stage. Oh, it was a choreographed fight! That was cool!

The freckled woman watched, trying her best to keep up with what was going on. Okay so she’s, fighting and then she’s changing outfits. Like Sailor Moon? Was this Sailor Moon? The villain looked a bit like someone that might be from that. She didn’t know, she couldn’t really remember and wow, she needed to get back to paying attention.

The fight and the song continued on. Bailey watched with a grin and a few more sneakily-snatched dumplings, and then it was all over after Nyreena thoroughly defeated her opponents. ”Huh! That was pretty cool! I didn’t know she could do that, with the illusions!” She paused, frowning a bit. ”Were those illusions?”  She considered this, before shrugging and setting one of her ill-gotten dumplings down so that she could bring her hands together to applaud. ”That’s still really cool!”
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:19 pm

”Of course I made it. I couldn’t miss your act!”

A goofy grin lit up the Avatar's face. Bailey was looking forward to her act! Here's hoping it'd live up to the hype... Korra was unable to wipe off the elated smile on her face as she leaned into her girlfriend. "I hope you'll enjoy it!" Keeping it a little would hopefully keep the redhead from figuring out Korra's secret for her in this performance! Surveying the table again, the young woman found she had to agree with the other. "Yeah, the tables here smell really tasty! I might get a little bowl of this rice and chicken dish." It was the only thing left at Lunette's table that she hadn't sampled, and it admittedly made her curious! Setting a plastic bowl on an empty spot on her plate, she scooped herself a tasty bit of chicken teriyaki. Stabbing a little fork into the bowl as well, she turned back to Bailey with a grin. "You're welcome! I like sharing food with you." It felt like food had become something of an important factor in their relationship, with the way they cooked for each other and shared meals at the Inn ever since going steady.

"That works for me!" With the cup clasped in one hand and the plate/bowl stack in the other, Korra gave Lunette a parting nod before following Bailey to the chairs. She made herself comfortable, taking a heart sip of her lemonade before noticing that the other act was beginning! At least, that's what she assumed all of that smoke was! Her leg bumped Bailey's back, sharing a quick grin with the redhead before looking at the stage right when Angemort took it! And set upon her back was Mortis, the very one who had inspired her to take part in the talent show! She wasn't even sure if Mortis could see her in her seat, but the young woman gave a small wave to the stage anyway! The riding gear that the horse was displaying was rather fetching, going well with Mortis' outfit. She recognized this horse as the one that had been grazing with Woolie when she had come over for a visit! The young woman gulped down a forkful of teriyaki, leaning forward with interest to see what Angemort could do.

No stranger to animal tricks, she was nevertheless impressed with what the horse could do! For such a large beast, Angemort's movements could be quite dancelike, not to mention how measured her strength was. Korra was sure that the undead horse could kick that stage apart if she had a mind to! Trotting in place, rearing up into a regal pose, kicking out those impressive hooves, and even doing hopping across the stage! Jumping up into the air as easily as a rabbit, Angemort once again kicked out with a hoof and Korra found herself imagining this horse in a fight. Hard to believe she was the same horse that had been grazing so peacefully when she went to Mortis'. With a little introduction, she got her first look at Samhain as Mortis' second horse took the stage in a similar manner as Angemort! Munching on her rice and chicken, her bright blue eyes roamed over the horse she had never seen for herself. This horse had something of a more impressive presence to her, enough to make the young Avatar pause in her eating. Spooky.

With two large horses on the stage together, they formed an amazing mirror image as they both performed their feats and tricks in unison! As if the tricks weren't impressive already, somehow seeing both of the horses do them at once made it that much more exciting! Her face turned up in a grin as they kicked out their hooves together, jumping in the air at the same time and landing together. Mortis' horses were indeed quite limber! As they reared up in what was sure to be their final trick, all three occupants of the stage were swallowed up by that strange mist that had suddenly grown in range! Glancing at Bailey as if the redhead would have any answers, Korra turned back right as the horses began their last trick, jumping from one end of the stage to the other and seemingly floating in that odd fog! What could that be? Was it a supernatural ability of Mortis'? Either way, she watched with rapturous attention as the horses performed their magnificent leaps! A voice suddenly called out, definitely the ghoul's but far more frightening than she had ever heard him sound before! As the horses suddenly leaped towards the audience, the young Avatar nearly dropped her food as she jolted in the chair, leaning towards Bailey as her girlfriend grabbed her arm as if it were a handle! Before they could land on anybody, they were once again eaten up by the mist! This time, neither of them returned to receive any praise, seemingly gone to who knows where!

A puzzler for sure, but Bailey's glee definitely wasn't confusing! The other woman eagerly laughed in Korra's ear, grinning and babbling happily. She chuckled in return, laying a hand over the one squeezing her bicep. "I know, that was amazing! I had no idea Mortis' horses could move like that! They were actually really beautiful to see!" You know, aside from the rotting flesh and all. "And that finale... It was heart pounding!" She giggled a bit, leaning her shoulder against Bailey's with a smile as the other thought herself sneaky. As the redhead grinned like an imp, Korra leaned in for a peck on the lips and could taste the bit of dumpling on her own! "Hm~! I'm glad you're having a good time so far." There wasn't time for much more to be spoken as the next act began, and it was a pale woman she recognized from the Sanctuary!

When the music started, Korra almost jumped in her seat again, more than a little startled by the sound that she wasn't quite used to. It wasn't jazz, and it almost sounded like a whole bunch of noise to her in the beginning! Her dark brows furrowed in confusion before she relented herself to just watching the show. It was more entertaining than the music so far anyway, as Nyreena seemed to create people with...some glowing stuff in her hands! Special effects or more supernatural powers? Dancing around these creatures, Nyreena was eventually grabbed and subdued but right as the music really started to pump up and sound better to her ears, Nyreena's performance became more bombastic. Her opponents were blasted off, and she seemed to put on a different outfit from out of nowhere! Pretty flashy. Bobbing her head to the music, Korra watched with a grin as the woman beat down almost all of her opponents with some nice moves! Finally, it was down to two, Nyreena and the strange redheaded man. The both of them duked it out, with Nyreena emerging victorious right as the song ended!

Clapping excitedly, Korra let out a sharp whoop as the other woman left the stage and took her seat again. Turning to Bailey, she grinned back at her. "I didn't know she could either!" Though that was a good question...what were those illusions and how did she make them? "At least I think they were...whatever those guys were, she kicked them to the curb! I didn't know she could fight like that, it was great!" Noticing the dumplings Bailey had already pilfered, she decided to snag one for herself before the other woman could eat them all up! She even gave the redhead an imitation of her impish smile as she chewed on one.
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Meanwhile, in the ether...:

On the other side of the mist, Both Samhain and Angemort landed solidly upon a cliff of concrete and twisted metal that jutted out of the ground where the forth row of seats began. Above and below were not the lush green lawn and colorful evening sky, but a milky wash of greys and blacks, the ground charred and cracked beneath a ruined cityscape. They were back in the ether again, among the city’s forgotten shadows and ghosts. Their rider twisted in his seat from where he sat upon Angemort, as both steeds fidgeted excitedly upon their inky perch. Both of their thoughts pinged through his mind, as pleased with themselves as he was with them.

”You both were amazing, my girlsss, you have done ssso well today. Good girlsss, clever girlsss.” He hissed as he stroked the smoky curve of his steed’s neck. ”We have earned our retirement for the evening.”

Though the undead paused as his sightless gaze swept over the buzzing, glowing life signature of the crowd. Despite how he promised himself to only perform to overcome the last few legs of his anxiety, he could not help but find himself curious. He knew his horses were amazing, he knew that their performance was stellar, perhaps even awe inspiring. But as for the audience? Their reaction seemed mix, especially regarding the ending.

Confusion, disappointment... Over not returning to receive applause? Mortis’ rotten tongue clicked against his teeth, such was an odd dish, these sinners. But, the undead deemed it nothing worth lingering upon, he did what he came here to do. He performed, and admittedly, he felt... fine. The demonstration went by quickly, quickly enough that he had not felt any dismay regarding being around the mortals that came to witness the show. Alas, the feeling was but a fleeting one, as he hesitated from returning from the misty ether with his undead steeds. The exposure he had to the crowd, and them to him, was as much as he was willing to deal with this day- as brief as it was.

Therein, the undead deemed it wise to remain in the ether as he urged Angemort away from the crowd, stepping through and past the many gathered souls as he rode the mare towards the outskirts of the event. Massive hooves stepped around the shadowy stains of calamities past with surprising care and attentiveness, knowing well enough to not disturb the more hazardous patches in this strange, mirror world. Samhain followed as well, though her intact ear flicked back towards the amassed spectators questioningly.

”We will return for Woolie, do not fret.” Mortis reassured, with a mental request, the towering undead steeds came to a halt, and he dismounted from Angemort’s back to stand upon the ashen ground. ”But firssst, let usss find a break in the ssshow. I would prefer the crowd be disssplaced and dissstracted, ssso asss to not draw too much attention when I go to collect her.”

There was still another act to go, a few more moments to wait. While the ghost was busy choreographing kicks and punches, the wheels in Mortis’ mind began to turn. There was one who had not been in the crowd today, a lively yellow femme with glowing blue optics. Something told him if she was there, she would have greatly enjoyed the performance, perhaps even more than the others. Of course, the undead was aware that she was likely listening to his brother describe the acts as they were performed and Kev had witnessed them. But, was that truly satisfactory? Was his niece truly happy with just being told what was going on, or even having to wait and hope that anyone had taken a video of the showcase? He may not have known the young cybertronian for as long as Kev or even his brother, but he knew that the girl would- if given the choice- have rather seen it in person instead of by secondhand attempts at describing it.

Another low hiss escaped the superfiend, and an idea sprung to mind. There was no reason why he could not just stop by the cottage, and take a piece of the show to her. He could do the same thing there as he did here. In fact, it may even be better than it was in the park given the lack of stage to constrain him and his horses! With the added room he could do more than just the standing maneuvers or the tightly spaced jumps. Though he was certain she would enjoy it, there was still the matter of his brother and Kev. Would they be fine with it? he knew little about their schedules aside from work being on the weekends and the weeks being free for them to do as they wished. Though as he mulled over his idea, there came a change in the thoughts of the crowd. His attention piqued as he scanned over the lively mob once more.

Nyreena’s performance ended, and there was a lull between her act and the next one. With three acts having been performed, all of which getting the blood stirring within the fleshier, lively beings, surely they would feel a little restless? Or even peckish if they had not gotten any food from the tables he had spied while addressing the crowd earlier on.

Now was his chance, not only to get Woolie back, but to propose an idea. But before he exited the Ether, the undead superfiend still had a few minutes of preparation to do. A rotted green hand reached down into the confines of his overcoat, and withdrew a simple white envelope, the corner of its opening flap tucked into the confines of the papery vessel. Upon the back, elegant penmanship addressed the message solely to Kev. A gnarled, yellow claw gingerly pulled it out, and reached in to slide a folded letter out from within. Black ink ghosted against the back of the spartan white stationary, but it was evident there was still plenty of room to spare before the page had been filled completely.

Finding himself a relatively smooth shadow of a partially destroyed picnic bench to seat himself at, the undead set to work on making a few additions to the note, plucking out a pen from the same pocket his letter had been sitting in and undoing the cap. It did not take long to write out a simple P.S. at the end, and in a moment it was folded neatly and replaced into the envelope once again with the top corner tucked into the envelope’s body.

With his note finished, he tucked it back into the pocket of his overcoat and rose to approach the gathering.

For an instant Mortis allowed himself to draw upon the mare’s talents, their minds melding as he willed the fabric that stood firmly between this plane and the next to split. Mist roiled forth in a grey, wispy froth like blood oozing from a wound as a doorway was cut into the ether; the park as it was currently rested upon the other side like a reflection within a warped mirror.

He turned breifly to the two awaiting horses before leaning through; ”I ssshall return ssshortly.”

In the lull between Nyreena’s act and the next, something grey and wispy manifested next to the audience’s seating arrangement. It was like a small cloud, a fogbank of icy mist that chilled the grass and left an icy frost upon all that it touched. Perhaps it was another leftover from the undead’s performance?

Mist churned around Mortis’ spindly limbs and curled against the long, dark fabric of his duster as he reached out from the unnatural fogbank that manifested next to the chairs.  All he had to do now was retrieve Woolie. Which, admittedly would be tricky. The keyword here was would, in that it would be tricky, if the undead superfiend did not have a few tricks up his own sleeves. As he willed it, the undead’s exit from the mist landed him right next to the seating arrangement where Kev thought best to spectate.  Woolie was beckoned from her place at Kev’s seat with a simple thought and a curling talon. The ewe happily trotted toward him, taking up her leash within her mouth to present to an outstretched hand. In exchange, a white envelope addressed to Kev was left upon the alien’s seat as the ewe was swallowed up by the passing cloud of mist. In moments the cloud vanished completely, as if it had never been there to begin with.

Dear Kev...:

Kev, thank you for letting me have a place in your ssshow, I appreciate your willingnesss to allow me to perform here today. I apologissse for the underssstandable, and inevitable confusssion in regardsss to my leave from the ssstage. I had no plansss to take applaussse, ass the point of my appearance in your ssshow wasss not to ssseek praissse. Even ssso, I hope my performance wasss sssatisssfactory to what you are looking for when you arrange thessse eventsss, my own motivesss are no excusse to ssspoil your plansss.

That sssaid, I think I have come along rather well in my recovery from my anxietiesss. Thisss wasss one of the final ssstepsss in overcoming it; that isss, to be in clossse proximity to the living, though it may only be for a few momentsss. I am ssstill too wary about remaining in the presssence of ssso many mortalsss to be comfortable sssitting in on the ssshow throughout itsss entirety.

Thank you again for looking after Woolie today, I hope ssshe wasss well-behaved during her visssit with you. I did not wisssh to leave her home and completely alone while I wasss in the city, ssshe may be a bold little girl, but ssshe isss ssstill little nonethelesss.

My thanksss and gratitude,

Mortis.

P.S: I had come up with an idea after I had finisssshed my act. Sssince Livewire and Fear were unable to attend, do you believe they would mind if I decided to ssstop by the cottage and do a persssonal performance? With the removal of the ssstage, I can incorporate plenty more into my act with Sssamhain and Angemort. I think my brother and Livewire may enjoy ssseeing it in perssson.

If thisss sssoundsss feasssible and pleasssant, please write back to me about a date and a time that would work bessst for you three. My apologiesss for not dissscusssing thiss with you in perssson. I feel asss if disscussing thisss idea in the middle of your ssshow while other performersss ssstill were awaiting their turn would be rude, and I feel asss if I have been around enough of the living for the day.

Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:39 pm

A thick mist began to roll onto the stage from an unidentified source, creating a mysterious and spooky atmosphere. Grass frosted over from the contact, even drawing a shiver from the alien who was seated in the front row! "Brrr..." Scooping the little sheep into his arms, he sat Woolie down upon his lap. Both for warmth and to provide a better seating for her! Being the organizer of this event, Kev knew exactly who was about to take the stage, and he was sure that the black sheep would like to see this act! Stomping hooves clapped upon wood as Angemort took the stage. Seeing her up there now, it was perhaps the best look he had ever gotten of her. She was a lovely horse, even if her flesh was rotted and bones were exposed. Her vocals, however, were a bit...scarier. He'd never heard a horse make that sound before! Woolie though was hardly affected and only seemed excited to see somebody she knew. Kev made a mental note to himself to compliment Mortis on the gear Angemort was wearing before his gaze lifted from her straps to the rider sitting upon her, Mortis himself!

Riding tricks weren't something the citizens of Portal Breach were used to seeing, but perhaps that ought to change. Kev liked for the talents being shown to be varied, after all! The people who lived here were diverse, and so it made sense that the talents would be as well! Mortis' horse tricks had peculiar names, definitely another language. Watching for two, Kev's attention was completely devoted to the stage as Angemort began to show off what she could do! Trotting in place like a fanciful pony, her wagging bony tail was like a cherry on top! Reminded him somewhat of Mortis, that did. The movement functioned for a horse much like a jog in place did for a bipedal creature. It was always nice to learn a little something at one of these shows! Next up was the levade, the horse lifting herself upright as she balanced all of her weight on her back hooves! "Ooh!" The ghoul had done a fine job training his horses! Strength and speed, what more could one ask for?

Dropping from her pose, Angemort reared up again. This time, she jabbed a hoof into the air rather than keeping it pinned to her chest with her other one. Had there been an enemy, she would have given them a nice smack on the skull! Rider and horse changed positions before Mortis lead her to show off her next trick, the courbette! With her rider still upon her back, the horse was back on her back hooves as she began to hop on them across the stage! It was a move he had never seen a horse do before, and he was unable to hold back a small gasp as she stuck every landing. Another gasp joined the first as she performed the croupade, leaping upright into the air! Settling back to a trot in place, she waited for the next command before jumping into the air once again! Back hooves kicked out sharply before she landed on all fours onto the wood again. When next he spoke, Mortis did not immediately name the next pose. Instead, he complimented Angemort's skills and revealed a little surprise! Angemort would not be performing alone, as Samhain would be joining in!

Sammy was a more familiar horse than good ole Angemort, but she was definitely more intimidating as well. Rubbing behind a black fluffy ear, Mortis gave her a fitting introduction as Samhain reared up and neighed sharply, giving her own little greeting. With two horses now, they would be showing off the moves Mortis had taught them...along with something else? Kev rose a scaly brow curiously but watched attentively as the horses got into position. Moving in perfect symmetry, they trotted in place, moving to rear themselves up onto the hind hooves. Facing away from each other, front hooves kicked out in unison before they dropped back down on all fours, hooves stomping in that same fanciful trot. Leaping up into the air, their back hooves kicked out and avoided smacking into each other in the process! It was clear that Mortis had been studious in his instruction. Rearing up, the mist rolled onto the stage once more and seemingly swallowed them up! Head cocked to the side, Kev's blue eyes narrowed. Now, what was this...? A whinny signaled their appearance, still surrounded by that same fog as they leaped across the length of the stage and back! Once again, they had seemingly disappeared, before Mortis' cackled and yelled out a strange statement! There was a sound of a charge, and the horses again appeared from the mist! They leapt over his head, the alien gasping as he turned in place on the chair to see where they were going! Once they had reached the third row, the smoke ate them up and dissipated not long after, leaving a quiet stillness behind!

Not quiet for too long at least, as the crowd clapped their hands eagerly. An interesting ending, though the reactions seemed to have enjoyed it. He glanced around, taking in everyone's faces before he faced the front again with a relieved sigh. Phew! A pulse pounding performance, filled with adrenaline and very exciting! The sheep on his lap was wriggling, she seemed to have enjoyed watching her sisters perform! With a delighted trill, Kev's fingers worked their way through the wool around her neck before he set her back down next to his seat. The music began and Nyreena took the stage, shooting out a bright energy from her fingertips. They took on new forms, the pretty redheaded man grabbing Kev's attention most. Intrigued, he paid attention eagerly. This wasn't quite the dance from last year! Or at least, it was definitely a different kind of dance. Head bobbing with the music, Nyreena dance/fought as the majority of her creations went into the attack. Refusing to let them win, the ghost woman blasted them off easily and transformed at the same time, revealing her outfit for this year's show! Showy than the last, definitely eye-catching! The colors were especially pleasant! The fight continued, with Nyreena easily dominating the bad guys this time! Kev cheered quietly, snickering as one of them flipped over the side.

With one bad guy left, the lighting changed dramatically as the two of them brawled. Crimson at first, to symbolize the redhead's near victory, and then to blue and finally a fade to white as Nyreena emerged victoriously! The last of her enemies defeated, she danced a bit before taking her final pose as the music ended, and Kev clapped his hands furiously! Two pulse pounding performances in a row! What a show, what an amazing little show! Nyreena took her bows and exited the stage, and there was a brief lull between her act and the next. In that time, the scaly man was ignorant of the fog that had returned around the chairs. What was noticed, however, was the lack of a warm body next to his leg. Glancing down, he found a letter instead. He grasped the envelope in his fingertips, prying it open to scan the paper. Oh thank the Gods, Mortis had come to pick Woolie up! For a moment, he thought she'd wandered off and he was a bad uncle... Phew. This letter was the ghoul's explanation, thanks, and a farewell as he seemed to be going back home with his animals. Nodding to himself lightly, the alien folded up the note and stashed it away, reminding himself to write back soon. Mortis' idea was a great one in his opinion! With that, Kev's attention returned to the stage.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Scaramouch
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scaramouch on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Roaring applause.

Wolf whistles (ooh, how spicy of you, Dom~).

Silk undergarments.

Yes, sir! This talent show had been an absolutely smashing success, even if his performance with the Doc wasn't even the headliner. But, you know what? That was A-OK with the android. He left the stage far happier than before their duet, a wide grin plastered on his metal face and a song cheerfully playing away in his battery. "Hon~! What a fantastic audience, babe!" Cyan optics shifted to the Doc and squinted happily. "Y'know, I think we really got 'em wound up. Must've been all the legwork and glitter~!" Must be, if they both walked away with (ahem) certain unmentionables! With an impish snicker and a saucy wink, Scaramouch knew exactly what he was going to do next. "Welp, time to go schmooze it up with my biggest fan~! Stop by Lu's stall and grab a plate, Doc! She and the boys really poured their hearts and souls into - !"

"Mochi and Shai amazing! Sing and dance really good. Anjeet love outfits!"

Oh?

Oh, was that excited chittering he heard?

"Aw, thank you, Anjeet~! We're glad ya loved the show!" He didn't know how and he didn't know why, but Scaramouch had unwittingly landed himself the honorable role of being the little Jawa's translator. Oh woe, oh despair! Now folks really could draw comparisons between himself and C-3PO! And, just like the golden droid, Scaramouch already knew the question dancing on the tip of Shai's tongue. "Of course, babe! I don't mind translatin' for ya," he replied cheerily. Now, it wasn't the greatest of translations, but the general gist of Anjeet's chattering was understood. "Anjeet, here, thought we were amazin', and she just loved our outfits. She also thinks we're great singers and dancers~!" Bless the Jawa's smelly, fuzzy heart. He reached up and plucked one of the smaller roses adorning his wide-brimmed hat, delicately weaving the blooming flower into Anjeet's hood. "There ya go~!" smiled the android, rubbing the Jawa's head fondly. "Enjoy the rest of the show, Anjeet, and help yourself to all the food! If there's anythin' left by the time everything's over, Lu and I'll make ya a to-go plate, 'kay?" It'd be a shame to waste all that cooking! "And you're very welcome, Doc. Now, if you'll excuse this jazzy 'bot, I got a lovely lady waitin' for me~!" And she had certainly waited enough; any longer, that would be a crime!

Heels crunched softly across the grass, and Lunette soon found a blooming rose of her own woven into those silky, thick locks. "Hi, mi vefo~!" Oh, and of course a gentle kiss on the head - how could he not? The android's smile only widened, a single canine apparent. "Are ya stayin' nice and cool?" he asked. All that fur was just murder on poor Lunette's body temperature. "If ya'd like, I can work the stall so you can sit down and enjoy your cookin' with a crisp, refreshin' drink. You've been workin' so hard today!" And if she so much as denied the toils of her labor, Scaramouch was going to take a shrimp and stick it into her fluffy muzzle. Gently! While awaiting her answer (be it cooperative or stubborn), Scaramouch noted the sun's position high overhead and stood at just the right angle to provide Lunette a generous amount of shade. If only he wasn't so strikingly thin!

Ironically, as fate would have it, the android's endeavors in protecting the Anitra from a heatstroke were not... necessary. No sooner had he walked off the stage and gotten situated, Scaramouch detected a sudden plummet in temperature. Ooh lordie, had someone cranked down the thermostat? 'Cause there was frost gathering on the grass!

"Oh boy." He steeled himself and repressed a shiver, automatically leaning into Lunette for that precious warmth (and so they could be 'fraidy cats together). Yeeeeeah, no. This was not a microburst or any natural weather anomaly; this was the work of undeath! And wherever there was undeath... "H-Here come the horses." The gigantic, rotting horses. True to form, one of Mortis' companions and faithful steeds, Angemort, made her grand entrance, the mare letting loose a shrill and harrowing cry. The crashing of her decrepit hooves had not gone unnoticed, eliciting a small jump out of Scaramouch.

”Greetingssss! My name isss Mortissss, I have come to educate you!”

Nuuuuuh! ...Oh wait, was that French? The robot's curiosity immediately skyrocketed. "Oooh, horse dressage!" Scaramouch didn't know which was more fascinating: the fact that undead horses were going to perform feats of grace belying that of their monstrous builds, or the fact that Mortis might be a Francophone. Either way, his initial unease tapered away, replaced by eager clapping. "This'll be good~!"

And sure enough, it was.

The piaffe, the levade, the mezair and the courbette... Oh, and the croupade and capriole! As much as it was almost unbelievable, Angemort performed each maneuver with all the discipline and dignity of a thoroughbred hailing from the Iberian Peninsula itself! Shame about the stage constricting her movements just a smidgen, but Mortis had an exceptional handle of the horse's reins. "Je suis étonné de votre merveilleux affichage et contrôle! Magnifiqué!" See, this wasn't too scary. Angemort seemed like a sweet girl~! Sweeter than the other one, anyway. Speaking of which... where was Samhain? In hindsight, that was probably a terrible question to ask. A second blanket of mist rolled out from the ether not long after Mortis called, followed by a second, more sinister mare. Scaramouch's grin faltered two notches and his clapping became noticeably quieter. "Aaaaaand there is Samhain," he muttered. The confidence in his synthesized voice waned. Here we go. Here comes the spooky part, he just knew it. As beautiful and well-choreographed as Mortis' steeds were, what came next was nothing short of terrifying.

”THE TIME HASSS COME TO DEPART THISSS MORTAL REALM! ASSK NOT FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLSS, MORTALSSS, FOR IT TOLLSSS FOR THEE!”

Let one thing be perfectly clear: THIS WAS NO LONGER FLAVORTOWN.

Maybe it was because Scaramouch was taller than most or maybe it was because he was a well-dressed coward, but the android instantly ducked the moment he caught wind of Mortis' intentions. Hey, he didn't want to lose his head - especially after finding out his original fate! He tucked underneath the stall table, all curled up with those slender limbs of his, and held onto Lunette's fluffy tail for dear life. "I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS!" Truly, who did? The robot would have been content to stay there and shiver for the rest of the show, but that was just poor form! Slowly, very slowly, the robot timidly peeked over Lunette's table and glanced around, optics darting left and right quickly. "W-Where'd he go...? I... I don't see him?" Hmm, a mystery wrapped within an enigma, that Spookums No. 2 and his, ugh, darling horses. Scaramouch's grip on the Anitra's tail stiffened as Olabisi decided that now was the best time to ask for photographs. Gah, spooks!

"Y-Yeah, sure," he agreed, stammering, "b-but, can ya, like, first let me regain composure, babe?" Oh god, if he leaked himself because of two undead horses and their equally undead rider flying off into the crowd... Ugh, the android didn't wanna think about it.

Anyway, it was time for Nyreena's act. Hers would hopefully be tame and not supernatural in the slightest.

...Oh hey, w-were those ghostly creatures and stuff m-made out of spooky ghost powers?

"..." Nope! Nope, this was too much spook, too soon. The android once again crawled underneath the table and huddled, draping himself with as much of Lunette's tail as possible. "I-I'm... I'm just..." A soft whine escaped him. "I'm j-just gonna lie low and h-hide like the big, metal b-baby that I am, hon, hon, hon~! H-Hon...~! H-H..." Oh god, a goose and a wimp! At least Nyreena was kind enough to provide music in the background while she gave everyone the ol' razzle-dazzle. "M-Mmm..."
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:16 am

To be honest, despite the large amount of people coming to talk or grab something to eat, Lunette couldn't help but feel a little out of it. There was just so much going on, but in a good way. People were happy, and her brain was on auto-pilot, serving food and greeting people. Nyreena and Dominick stuck around for a bit, waiting for her turn in the show, while the Anitra nodded happily and waved to Minion--or Mitchell--as they arrived to gather some food, slinking away like shyly once they had what they wanted. Korra and Bailey also slipped away after greeting her and gathering some food, the Anitra waving happily to them and wishing Korra luck for her upcoming performance. Even Zurg and Jo came around~! Ahh, it was so nice having so many people to give food and drink to, letting them have a nice meal with the wonderful show Kev had put together!

Once the lull of people were distracted and had wandered away, Lunette finally managed to turn her full attention to the wonderful man that stood beside her, chest warming and fluffing happily at Scaramouch's presence. "Mrr~" Leaning into his hip, the feline began rubbing her cheek to his side, thoroughly enjoying the outfit change, "mmhm! It hasn't been too hot today, and I've been keeping hydrated..." Glancing around for a moment, the android's suggestion didn't go unheard as she thought it over, not quite sure if a break was necessary. "Hm... maybe in a little bit? I'm pretty content right now...~" Gripping Scaramouch's leg and practically cuddling against it, it was hard for Lunette to really focus on anything else--until the temperature dropped. A shiver went up her spine, the familiar aura filling the area...

"Oh right! Let's see..." The horses that Mortis had trained, Angemort and Samhain, both large and intimidating, performed amazingly. It was almost like a rodeo, something that Lunette hadn't seen in some time. It was welcomed, really, and while the effects made her spine crawl, fur stand on end and tail fizz up similar to a caterpillar, it was still a worthy performance. It was also great to see the undead out and about, having fun--she hoped--and feeling well enough to be with so many people, even if it was just for their act. Applauding Mortis as he disappeared, her attention returned to the android that was shivering in his (sexy) boots beneath the table, cuddling her fuzzy tail.

"W-Where'd he go...? I... I don't see him?"

"He left! Disappeared~" she wiggled her fingers at him before turning to the stage, Nyreena performing next. The music wasn't really to her taste, but the spectral illusions were quite fascinating, Lunette's pupil growing wide every so often at the more sparkly of parts. "Hm?" Turning, the Anitra glanced below, Scaramouch still hiding and shivering. The poor dear! Retrieving a small piece of paper from her pocket and a pen, she scribbled something before pasting it to the front of the table. Curling up, Lunette snuggled against Scaramouch in a comforting manner, purring for him loudly. "Poor mi vefo...~ I'll stay with you until you feel better!" A gentle kiss was planted on his metal cheek, happily squinting like a proud cat at him.

/ The sign says "Be back in 5 minutes"! /
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:57 am

Korra’s arm was still wrapped leisurely around her girlfriend, but she suddenly removed it with a soft gasp. ”Oh, oh! I’m next! Sorry Bailey!” Turning sheepishly to the redhead, she gave her a smile nevertheless and leaned in to press a kiss to her cheek. ”I’ll be back, promise~. Until then…enjoy the show!” With a coy grin, the young Avatar rose up from her chair and jogged her way to the front row. With two great strides up the steps, she took her place on stage and joined her hands together, palm over fist. Bowing respectfully to the crowd, she allowed herself to overlook the people gathered today. Some familiar, some not. All eyes on her. It was enough to make her a little nervous…but her gaze drifted to the bright golden ones that belonged to Bailey and Korra smiled. Suddenly, the audience didn’t seem so intimidating. And hey, at least they weren’t the press! She was the Avatar! She could do this.

Taking a breath to steady herself, her back straightened up out of her bow. ”H-hello everyone! My name is Korra and I’m very happy to be here. I never got to see the talent show last year so it means a lot to be here today!” Giving the crowd a big grin, Korra racked her brain for a moment to call upon the ‘speech’ she had prepared for herself in front of a mirror several times. ”Where I’m from, some people have the ability to bend the elements to their will. But, they can only bend one element, unless…they’re like me.  I’m the Avatar. And the Avatar is somebody who can bend all four elements; Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. Thanks to this place, I’m unable to bend air but…since I can bend the other three, I thought, ‘maybe I could do a demonstration!’. I hope you enjoy what I have to show.”

Her attention shifted to her hips, primarily to a bag that was wrapped around them. It was a waterskin, white with light blue triangles and dots decorating the length of it. It jostled lightly with a slosh. Using a thumbnail to pop the top off, the young woman waved both hands in the air in a swirling motion. The water obeyed, pulling itself out of the bag in a long and smooth tendril. ”I was born in the Southern Water Tribe, so this was the first element I was taught. Water is the element of change, and in order to properly bend it, you must know how to adapt in a fight. If an enemy shoots something towards you,” A flex of the fingers sent the water gushing to Korra, who easily turned in a circle to redirect the water around herself before shooting it back as if about to shower the crowd! Her hands kept it bobbing in mid-air in the form of droplets above them. ”You’ve got to turn his attacks back onto him!” Guiding the water she’d pulled out back into her waterskin as smoothly as if she were coiling rope, Korra grinned back at the audience once she’d popped the top back on. ”Water takes many forms and a good waterbender knows how to manipulate these forms!” A hand rose, fingertips grazing seemingly nothing. Yet, small droplets of water suddenly began to follow behind her fingers. She had ripped the moisture out of the air! It collected around her fingertips, freezing into icy talons. Bright blue eyes quickly sought out a tree, one a decent distance away and without anybody between it and her. With a sharp flick of her arm, the ice left her fingers as a projectile and stabbed into the bark of the tree with a firm FWIP.

Pausing to hear the reactions of the audience, the Avatar had a smooth and almost confident smirk on her face. This was going great so far! Excited for this next part, she slipped into a stance. It was a squat, almost making it look as if she were riding an invisible horse. She let out a measured breath before her right foot stomped onto the wooden stage soundly, and the toe of her boot slid forward. Behind the stage, a sizable chunk of earth the size of Korra’s torso rose from the grass and levitated over the canopy and onto the stage with a rocky clatter. ”Earth is the element of substance! It’s resilient, and it can be hard to bend if you don’t understand it. With earthbending, there’s only one way to move it! No shortcuts, no adaptions. You can only face it head first, and be unyielding! You have to be STRONGER than the earth to bend it! Anything less, and you’ll just make a fool of yourself.” Was it any wonder that the stubborn young woman had easily grasped this element?

Once again, she slipped into her squat behind the chunk of earth. Raising one arm over her head, Korra slammed it down upon the rock! Rather than earning herself a broken arm, like one would expect when striking stone, the block shattered beneath her forearm! The pieces crumbled into smaller chunks of earth, sounding like a small avalanche as they clattered against the wooden floor! Reaching into the pile of rocks that were still onstage, Korra pulled out one that fit firmly into her palm. Smiling down at this stone, she looked back to the audience. ”Unlike water, a master doesn’t necessarily need to master the other forms of earth to be seen as a good earthbender. But if you’re good enough, you can make something with the earth for yourself…or for somebody else.” Ending on that cryptic note, both hands enclosed the rock. Holding it close to her chest, her hands began to move and rub around it, crumbling rock and sand slipping out from between her fingers. When Korra unfolded her hands, she revealed a stone flower to the audience. A light blush grew on her face as she levitated the flower into the air and towards the crowd. It remained out of reach until it found a certain redhead. Slowly, the stone gift lowered until Bailey could pluck it out of the air. Korra gave her a cheesy grin. Mouthing a small ‘I love you’, she blew a kiss before raising both arms above her head. Every bit of rock, aside from her gift to Bailey, rose with her and flew back behind the stage. Compressing together, the rocks easily slid back into the earth!

With that bit of cleanup done, that left the only one element! Also the newest, in terms of gaining them back while living here. Back straight as a rod, Korra faced the audience. ”Fire is the element of power.” Her stance shifted, one leg stretching out to the side as the other bent at the knee beneath her body. Both of her arms rose to stretch out to one side of her body. ”Waterbenders need a source of water, and earthbenders need earth beneath their feet. But a firebender can create their flames using the energy within their own body.” Breathing in and out with the discipline of a master, she suddenly separated her arms to the farthest end of each side, a horizontal burst of flames lighting up between her hands! As quick as it had appeared, the flames were gone! Feet sliding back so that she stood tall once again, Korra revealed her hands to the crowd, a flame lighting up above each fingertip! ”Since you use your own energy to create fire, I find it very handy!” Wriggling those fingers, the flames were snuffed when she closed them into fists. ”But with this power, you have to be careful and precise. Each strike is important. If you make a mistake, it can’t be undone.” Control was the true power. This was why her demonstration of fire was relatively tame compared to her other feats for the day! As if that very thought had come to her mind though, the young Avatar smirked to herself and stepped out onto the very edge of the stage. Enough so that she was clear of the canopy. Raising her head far above the crowd, both arms clenched against her sides. And when Korra opened her mouth, a burst of fire came roaring from between her lips! She looked much more like a dragon than a young woman! The flames licked at the air, but burned nobody as they seemed to fizzle out in the air once her mouth was closed.

Laughing softly to herself, Korra bowed again and grinned at the audience. The anxious feeling had long been banished, and she basked instead in the warm glow of knowing she’d finally done it; she’d finally participated in the talent show! And she’d given Bailey the surprise she’d been planning since she first heard about this event! ”That concludes my demonstration! I hope you all enjoyed learning about how bending worked in my world! Thank you all for coming, for letting me join in, and for all the wonderful food! And thank you, to Kev, for organizing all of this today!” With an excited wave, she eagerly stepped down off of the stage and returned to her seat, all smiles for her lovely girlfriend. Settling back into her chair, she looked to Bailey with no small amount of joy. ”What’d you think? Did I do okay?” And had the gift been to her liking?
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Shaiamils on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:36 am

Shaiamils turned to the stage once he had his plate fixed. It looked like Nyreena was up next. All he knew about her act was that she was going to be dancing again. What the doctor didn't know, though, was that she was going to be turning it up quite the notch this year. From the very start, he could tell that the audience was going to be in for a treat.

For one, her song choice was much livelier than that of last year's. The avian's attention, however, was not focused entirely on the music. Were those illusions? Ethereal actors and assistants brought to the stage with ghostly magic? Shaiamils had no idea that Nyreena could do that! Ooh, and a choreographed fight! The feathery alien was completely enthralled with the entire routine. He made sure to give her a very well-deserved round of applause as she left the stage.

Korra was up next. The alien was really looking forward to this one. He had heard that it was going to be a bending demonstration. Shaiamils had heard talk of her powers before, but had never actually seen them in action. At no surprise at all to him, it was just as amazing as he had expected it to be. Korra was just so completely in tune with the elements! Just as the doctor had done with Nyreena, he gave her an equally boisterous round of applause as the demonstration concluded.

Bailey, you totally have yourself a keeper!
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:58 pm

Njorth made a familiar gesture to Amalan from across the way. The elf immediately took his meaning, taking his place at the grill. Having his hands free at last, the Nord headed over to Lunette's table to fix himself a plate of food. It would seem that he arrived just in time, too! Immediately after he finished piling food onto his plate, the feline put up a "be back in five minutes" sign.

There was nothing quite like dinner and a show. Nyreena's performance was very entertaining, and equally impressive. With his hands full, he settled for a simple cheer as she left the stage. Korra's demonstration in particular really caught the alchemist's eye. They way she bended the elements reminded him very much of the destruction magic of his homeland. It was really nice to be able to see such a thing again.

Just as he had done with Nyreena, Njorth treated Korra to a well-deserved cheer as her demonstration concluded.
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:22 pm

As Amalan tended to the grill, he could hear music starting up. The next performer must have taken the stage. A quick glance in its direction revealed it to be Nyreena. Njorth mentioned that she had danced last year, so he could only assume that she would be doing the same this year. While the elf wasn't able to look up from the grill too often, he still very much enjoyed the music, swaying in place as he served the hungry guests. For a brief moment, he managed to give her a small round of applause as she left the stage.

In a few moments, the Altmer didn't hear music, but a new voice coming from the stage. Her name was Korra, and apparently she was this thing called the "Avatar," a master of the elements. Now that sounded interesting! And it really was! The brief glimpses that Amalan managed to catch were awesome. It certainly was like destruction magic, but with a lot less actual destruction. He had no doubt in his mind that her powers could certainly be used that way if she wanted to, though.

Unfortunately, the Altmer was unable to stop and clap for her, so he settled for a short little cheer instead.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:19 pm