Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Another Year, Another Show!

Post by Kev on Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Time: 4:45 PM
    Date: July 1, 0008

Today was the day. After a few weeks of preparation, the day had finally come. A little later than last year perhaps, and on a bit of short notice, but Kev was nevertheless excited! And to think this day almost hadn't come. He had initially thought the stress of organizing this event again would be too great, hoping in some way that somebody else would take up the mantle. He was hardly the only busy person on the Breach, everybody else had their own lives to live and the deciding factor had been the interest from those who hadn't gotten the chance to see last year's show! People like Scaramouch, and Diana. It wouldn't be fair to shrug at them, tell them 'sorry, you should have been here a year ago!'. They couldn't control that! And to think, of all the people who may like the chance to chat and hang out, if only for a day! And of course, those like Shai who were eager to perform once again. All of these and more had bolstered Kev with the confidence to stand up and once again organize another talent showcase!

Alterations had been made to the stage, with help from those who had volunteered to offer their assistance. It had to be bigger, to accommodate Mortis' horses, as well as the other acts for the show. There would be singing, dancing, undead horse tricks, and even a demonstration of the bending of elements! The very thought brought to mind images of Uriel's dance with fire! Would it be anything like that? They would have to see. Little wooden steps on the front of the stage would hopefully provide an easy way for all of the acts to make their way onto the stage. With a varied cast of performers, the alien wanted to make sure everybody would be happy. Once again, he had selected a sizable patch of grass for the performances to take place. The walkways on the park were unblocked, the ponds and wildlife left undisturbed. Folding chairs were set up before the stage, and folding tables were off to the side to allow for the food and drinks!

Kev breathed in deeply, taking in the scent of freshly cooked food, and the smell of the outdoors. The fresh grass, and a nice touch of wind on his scales. Stepping down from the stage and deeming it ready, the alien pulled the straw hat off of his head and settled it onto a chair near the front to save his place. Dressed in khaki shorts and a cool blue buttoned up shirt, his rolled up sleeves made him look ready to work even though the work had been done. He made his way towards the tables to make sure everyone was settling in alright, or to see if anybody would need help. Along the way he waved to those already gathering, large eyes very bright. It was clear that the scaly man was happy to take part in this event once more.

((OOC note: Once again, I'd like to express my thanks and gratitude for everybody who has been interested in this show! Thank you to those who are taking part once again after last year, and thank you to those who will be taking part for the first time! If we're lucky, maybe this little showcase could be a tradition. I certainly wouldn't mind! Like last year, despite being called a talent show there are no 'winners' that will be announced. This is a moment for characters to show what they can do and strut their stuff! It is intended to be a good time for all, not a competition to see who is greater!

Now, posting will go like this; the first round of posts after this one will be people arriving for the show, performers setting up/getting ready/arriving, and people who have made refreshments will have this moment to also post to describe what exactly they have made! The actual show will not start until I post again. Here you can read last year's thread to see it in action in case there is any confusion. Now, as for when I'll post again? Last year I gave people a week to post and I think giving people around that same amount of time would be good. However, it will still depend on how fast people post. I'd say 4 days at the minimum, a week at the latest. Below, I will go into more detail for the posters!

Audience members: Anybody who wishes to observe the talent show will be able to post at any time during this thread. Obviously, you will have missed the acts that occurred before your post, but you will still be able to observe the talent show! All are welcome to observe and enjoy! Reply at your leisure to the acts, but I know from experience that putting off too many to react to in one post can get a little exhausting, not to mentioned hard to keep track of! Just keep that in mind and you should be fine.

Performers: I will allow today for anybody who wishes to join up at the last second. After today, the acts will be locked and nobody will be able to perform at the last minute unless they have a very good explanation for why they couldn't sign up before this point. Once again, in order to join you can either: PM me on Kev's account, post ooc to the thread regarding this event or post ic to the notice on the bulletin board. Now, for the people who have already signed up...

I have ordered the acts based on when people got to me about when they wanted to join. Last year, we allowed two acts to post each week but since one of our acts is a duet and we have an uneven number of acts this year, I have tweaked it slightly. After the initial round of posts, when the first act starts, Shai and Scaramouch will have a week to post their act together and for people to react. Since there are two people taking part, instead of just one person, I think it is fair to not cram in three people into one week. After their act and their week, it will be Diana and Mortis for the next week, and then Nyreena and Korra for the week after that. If any issues arise, please let me know! This isn't a main plot, so I am open to a bit of wiggle room in case real life crops up! Just make sure to get into communication with me. There are no strikes and no penalties but be polite and please don't leave me hanging. Thank you for expressing interest in this event and I hope you all have a great time!

Helpers: For the majority of you guys, your work is already done! I've already mentioned that this round can be used for those who have provided food for the event, namely mentioning what exactly your character has cooked, but just in case it wasn't clear I've said it again. Thank you for your help, as every little bit, both ic and ooc, is a huge help to me!

Any questions, comments, and concerns, please pm me on Kev's account! Otherwise, have fun!))

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Re: Another Year, Another Show!

Post by Lunette on Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:54 pm

Another chance to watch the show...

Though present last year, Lunette had not focused on any one or any thing, mind lost to her own thoughts and issues. Thankfully not this year--she was set completely on every one and every thing this time around! For starters, she arrived early with Scaramouch at her side, and even Boon and Collins had assisted in setting most things up, particularly a small grill near the Tavern's table for freshly cooked sliders. The meat was kept fresh and safe from the elements along with the other ingredients, and having them cooked on the spot would taste far better than having them prepared beforehand. The other dishes, including the mixture for the chicken teriyaki bowl, potstickers and bang-bang shrimp were made earlier in the day and ready to scoop up and serve.

Looking everything over, the dishes set up and labeled appropriately, a simple heating pad used to keep them warm and tasty. There was enough for everyone and then some! The daemon and gargoyle saluted after helping and left, the Tavern still open for the night and having to be worked, while their boss would man the table and watch the shows. "Okay, there's the slider supplies, dumplings, shrimp and the bowls... drinks... drinks? Where are the drinks..." Leaning down into a large cooler, Lunette retrieved two pitchers, full with mixtures of drinks, one with a gold star sticker that clearly read, "cosmopolitan mix". Placing the strawberry-lemonade pitcher to one side and the cosmopolitan mix on the other side, Lunette checked those two off of her small note pad.

"There~ Everything's ready!" Now! Now it was time to faff~ The Anitra leaned against the android who was no doubt hanging around, hoping to be of use. Alas, everything had been done, and Lunette wrapped her arms around Scaramouch's waist in a hug. "Hm~ I can't wait to see your duet! I'll be sure to throw that rose and something extra, just for you~" A small devious grin appeared on her face, fangs poking from either side.

Lunette (wearing this today) is manning the Tavern's table. There's a grill to cook the sliders, but everything else is prepared. Small paper bowls or plates, plastic utensils, wood chopsticks, plastic cups and napkins are available at this table.
    What's available:
    Wagyu Beef Sliders
    Potstickers/Dumplings
    Bang-Bang Shrimp
    Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
    Strawberry-Lemonade
    Cosmopolitan Mix (contains small amounts of alcohol)
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Shaiamils on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:52 pm

As Shaiamils drew nearer to the show venue, he was able to get a whiff of so many delicious smells wafting from the area, undoubtedly from the many refreshments that were supposed to be up for grabs today. His stomach growled, but for now the doctor was going to have to wait. He and Scaramouch were supposed to be the opening act, so the feathery alien didn't have time to eat right now.

Just like last year, Olabisi was already waiting for him, his costume and other things in tow. She excitedly waved him over. Of course the avian didn't want to keep her waiting, so he scurried right on over to her. He very carefully took the bag from her and peeked inside. Everything looked great!

"Thanks again, Ola!"

The bandaged alien gave him a thumbs up as he made his way to the public restrooms to change. Right before Shaiamils closed the door behind him, though, he locked eyes with Scaramouch from across the way. With a sly smirk on his face, he shot a finger gun in the robot's direction. With that out of the way, now he was going to change!
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Njorth's chest puffed out pridefully as he looked over his and Amalan's food station. Of course, all of this wouldn't be nearly as possible without the help of his elfin apprentice, and for that he was very grateful. The Nord had checked in with the Tavern beforehand, and having discovered that they would be serving burger sliders, he decided to focus on hot dogs this year. A grill stood at the ready to make the franks to order, with many condiments to choose from. They had just about everything from chili, to coleslaw, to diced onions, to relish.

They didn't just have hot dogs and condiments, though. Also on display was a large bowl of potato salad, a few deviled egg platters, and some blocks of fruit-filled gelatin. Yup, everything was looking just about perfect from Njorth's angle!

"Amalan." The alchemist could see a look of hunger on the Altmer's face. "You can go ahead and fix yourself a plate if you want. Just be sure to cover for me when I decide to get one!"

It was the least Njorth could do in return for his assistance. He helped to make this setup possible, after all!
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:18 pm

Yes, it was true. Amalan had been so absorbed in helping Njorth with the food and setup that he hadn't even had a chance to eat yet today. The elf winced as his stomach continued to nag him. It was making such an embarrassing racket. He wanted desperately to excuse himself and get a plate of food, but-

Amalan. You can go ahead and fix yourself a plate if you want. Just be sure to cover for me when I decide to get one!

Oh, thank the gods! And equally as importantly...

"Thank you so much, Njorth!" he thanked the alchemist. "I'm starving. Don't worry, I'll cover for you when you need me to."

Immediately, Amalan made a break for the things that had caught his eye the second they were put out. The Altmer gleefully helped himself to a chicken teriyaki bowl and pot stickers from the Tavern's table. He topped it off with a glass of cosmopolitan mix.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:16 am

The show hadn't even officially started yet, and already Olabisi was positively beaming. The bandaged alien knew that Shai would absolutely rock the costume she made for him, just like last year! She couldn't wait to see his performance this year! Apparently it was supposed to be a duet with Scaramouch. The mummy really liked the sound of that.

While she waited, the Thep Khufan decided that it couldn't hurt to fix herself a plate of food. Surprisingly, it wasn't very hard for her to decided what she wanted. To her, this was the kind of weather for cookout food. She made her way over to the Tavern's table and grabbed a burger slider, humming all the while. The mummy's next stop was Njorth and Amalan's table. She piled a couple of potato salad scoops onto her plate, and three deviled eggs. And now...

"I'd like a weenie, please," she said to the Nord. "Well done!"
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:54 pm

Standing before the table was what looked to be a man with light brown skin, dark brown eyes, and a full head of shaggy black hair. His body was thickly muscled, not to the point of looking like a body builder but at least quite muscular. This was, in actuality, nothing more than a hologram! Some anxiety was written all over the man's face as he set his table, this was something of a step for himself. Last year he had been another face in the crowd but this time? He was openly serving food. Taking a deep breath, Minion calmed his nerves as he unloaded the tupperware and began to plate the food he had cooked for this event. Juicy barbecue wings and wooden skewers stacked with sausage, chicken, zucchini, and pineapples! Foam plates and napkins were set upon the table as well, and thus, he began to wait and see who would come.

Until then, Minion glanced around with a small smile. There was already a little crowd growing, especially around the tables with delicious smelling refreshments! He eyed the other tables and could already feel his little stomach grumbling. Tasty shrimp, beef sliders...hot dogs and potato salad. If only he could actually shove food into this hologram's mouth and somehow make it end up inside of his tank! Maybe no one would oppose a doggy bag after the show...?
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:20 pm

As Nyreena was walking towards where the talent show would be held, arm in arm with Dominick right beside her, she was more than excited for the show. Thinking of the routine she did last year she really wanted to push it up a few notches and throw in her martial arts training mixed with her dancing combined with using her powers this time. When she had seen the poster go up on the Board for it she was quickly excited for it and started planning for it immediately, getting several ideas about what to do. Then seeing that Korra had signed up to demonstrate the three elements she could bend she thought that using her fire might not be a good thing just in case it would seem that she was stealing her idea. However she had other abilities that she could certainly use and quickly got an idea just how to incorporate it into her routine.

And of course a new dance routine meant a new dancing costume. With how grand she wanted this to be she definitely wanted it to be bold and stand out from the subtle and gentleness the dress had from last year. Definitely spending some time thinking about it she tinkered with a few ideas until she had something she thought was nice and unique that held a daring edge to it. Of course she had to keep it under wraps until her performance until her part of the show so she had changed into it then shape-shifted into her regular outfit before heading out.

When they reached the area and saw everything that was laid out she smiled from ear to ear and said, "Wow, everything looks amazing! And all that food smells so good! Come on, let's go over to Lunette's table and see what she has!" Almost dragging Dominick with her she headed over and walking up she said, "Hey Lunette! Hey Scaramouch! How are you two? Wow, everything looks really good. Excited for the show, tonight?" Noticing Ola out of the corner of her eye she looked over and waved hello, saying, "Hey Ola!"
    Dominick Comzistradt
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Dominick Comzistradt on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:23 pm

Spending most of the day finishing setting up for the show later that night Dominick felt that things were going to be going a hit for everyone performing. After Nyreena told him about what a talent show was and that Kev needed some help to set up the stage and get things ready for the show he felt like it could be a good contribution from him to help things out. Since he was....a bit stage shy. Yeah, he really didn't feel like he had any good talents to show besides showing how you kill a vampire in under five minutes. But since Nyreena had told him that she was going to be in it he felt like it was a good idea to help out in his own way. After he had finished up and went home he took a quick shower and changed into a sleeveless vest with fingerless gloves, an arm band, a pair of slacks, and a holster bag on his right hip. Fixing his messy hair a bit, knowing it would back to what it was in a short time, he went and picked up Nyreena seeing that she was more than excited to head down to the park. Knowing somewhat of what she was going to do when she had asked him to help her brush up on her martial art skills a bit he was quite surprised by how well she could fight. Just from their few sessions alone he knew not to mess with her if it came down to it.

When they had arrived and she had seen how everything had been set up Dominick lightly chuckled and replied, "I'm sure glad you like it. It sure was a lot of work getting it set up for the show but thankfully it was definitely worth it. I really can't wait to see what all of you perform tonight. Especially you, love." Giving her a light kiss on her head he chuckled a bit then nodded in agreement about heading to Lunette's table, getting a bit of a thrown look at almost being pulled there by Nyreena's ghostly strength. Quickly getting his footing he walked beside her as he approached, letting his girl say hi first then nodding his head he said to them, "Good to see you two. You certainly have a really nice spread tonight, Ms. Lunette. It certainly does smell really, really good."
    Scaramouche
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scaramouche on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:35 pm

This was it! This was the big day!

All morning (and night~), Scaramouch had been a flurry of metal and bottled anticipation, the android nearly bursting at his riveted seams. To say there were butterflies in his consumption chamber was an understatement of the century (he didn't really, but using a colorful organic metaphor felt appropriate!).

Of course Lunette and the boys would go about their cooking and preparations throughout the morning without factoring him into the equation, but that didn't stop Scaramouch from hovering in the background, pitching in whenever they weren't looking! Just the little things, like furtively slipping a couple of plates and mixing bowls beneath their busied arms, or assembling a lovely arrangement of forks and spoons so they wouldn't break concentration. He even fetched the spices and produce as fluidly (and invisibly) as he could! Never did the robot explicitly intrude, however; his place was that of a supportive role, to complement the others' work and refrain from becoming a nuisance. The only chore Scaramouch made himself known outright was when he helped carry everything to Portal City's park. And even then, the physically-demanding labor still didn't expend all of his giddiness! It was a very fortuitous thing that the android had stomached his pride and phoned in for a new battery, eh?

Fast forwarding to the present, cyan diodes flitted over and zeroed in on a certain lady's voluptuous derriere as Lunette pawed inside the cooler. Oh, she looked terrific like that... "Wherever the drinks are, I hope they don't surface any time soon~!" Shameless is as shameless does. Alas! This was Central Park, an incredibly public venue, and Scaramouch minded his manners. It was sort of impossible, seeing how they were blinking all over his field of vision, font an angry red... Eh! He mentally fanned his obnoxious programming aside and wore a large, toothy grin. All the work was done, so that meant it was time to faff - their favorite (or second favorite) pastime! "I can't wait either!" he happily chimed. Heated metal and cloth brushed against silky fur as the robot instinctively returned Lunette's lean. "The food looks great and delicious, the stage is set, and now all we gotta do is wait for the actors~!" Normally, Scaramouch preferred being the headliner and stealing the limelight; he was just arrogant that way. But you know what? His stay on Portal Breach taught the android a few things, and ultimately for the better! Today was supposed to be about fun - to have a great time with everyone, both familiar and new. It wasn't a competition to see who could outperform who, despite today's festivities being a talent show. Besides~! If Scaramouch could be so bold, he already had the best prize of them all.

And she was gonna throw a rose at him, ooh~! A rose and a lil' something extra.

Cooling fans whirred and Scaramouch felt excited all over again. "Just for me~?" Be still, his figurative heart! Knowing her, it was going to be something lacy. "Rrr~!" Nope. Nope, nope, nope. He absolutely could not ask for a peek or a hint. That would ruin the surprise, not to mention spoil her teasing. And boy did the robot just love her teasing. You know what else he loved, though?

A familiar shade of fluffy baby blue entered Scaramouch's vision, and the robot flashed the cheekiest look he could manage. Oh yes, those finger guns were returned with extreme enthusiasm. Having a duet with one of the most fabulous feathered friends around was enough to get his motor going, and whenever his motor got going... Scaramouch rubbed his hands together insidiously, his previous silliness dipping into the realm of incorrigible devilry. "Nyehehehe~! I can't wait to give him my partin' gift!" he snickered. More on that later... For now, others were starting to show up and get situated!

Two men showed up (of which he knew neither), Olabisi, a... another man who curiously set off his scanners (revealing him to be a fish in a robotic suit?), and Nyreena and Dominick! The android focused on what made the most sense; though, he wasn't going to forget about the cloaked fish. "Hiya, babes~!" Scaramouch waved, all smiles. "Glad you both could make it! Lulu and I are doin' great, thanks for askin'! Hope you're both lovin' life and ready to see the show~." Speaking of that, shouldn't he go change? Blinking, the robot glanced down at himself and realized - gadzooks! He was still in the usual number, his pea coat and ruby heels! Can't go strutting his stuff on stage while not looking the part~! What would Shai think, huh? Synthesized chuckling tickled the air. "Pardon me, babes, but this groovy cat better go hop into another set of pajamas!" Metal fingers deftly unraveled the scarf around his plated neck and draped it around Lunette's, tying a snug but slightly loose knot. And what was a fashionable neck accessory without a kiss on the cheek to accompany it~?

"Mwah~! I gotta go, Lu, but I hope you'll enjoy the performance too!" She of course would, but this was just Scaramouch minding his P's and Q's. With a waggle of his fingers and a wink, the android excused himself from the table and gracefully walked away.

Time to get this show on the road~!
    Anjeet
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Anjeet on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:10 pm

Anjeet chittered happily to herself as she strolled over to the show venue. This was the first time the Jawa had ever been to a community event around her, and she was super excited for it! She could already catch the delicious smell of freshly-cooked food wafting on the wind. It was enough to make the tiny alien's little stomach growl. When she got there, though, she was completely overwhelmed. There was just so much to choose from! She totally wanted one of everything! Would it even be possible for her to try everything, though?

Oh well. While the Jawa weighed her options, she figured that it couldn't hurt to hang out at a certain familiar face's table. The sound of happy chittering was amplified as she scurried over to the feline.

"Hello Lulu~!" she greeted her, waving excitedly.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:49 pm

Today was the day. Today was the day. Today was the day! As the young Avatar came running into Central Park, she could hardly wipe the grin from her face. There had been no costumes, no real addition to her outfit besides a waterskin wrapped around her waist that jigged and sloshed with every step. It wasn't hard to find the stage, though it would have been even easier if she used her nose to sniff for food! Making her way over, the young woman nodded and waved in greeting to a few familiar faces, though so far she had yet to spy a certain redhead. Hopefully, she would show up in time. ...Well, she kind of had to! Korra's act was the very last one! Still, anxiety wriggled deep in her gut like a mass of worms. Her first time performing in front of people, and especially with Bailey there... Korra was definitely excited, her cheeks seemed to throb from the force of her grin!

Making her way to the most familiar face she could spy, Korra gave Lunette a wave as she approached the table of food. "Hi, Lunette, you look lovely today! And the food smells great." No sign of Uncle Mochi...he must be getting ready! There was, however, an odd robed figure lingering by the table as well. Unfamiliar with the person, she focused on Lunette instead as she began to make a plate of food. "Thank you for the food, Lunette! I'm a little anxious but I think a spot of food will help settle my nerves." Ah yeah, a couple of those beefy sliders...a scoop of some bang bang shrimp! Ever since her first date, she'd definitely grown a taste for these! As she reached the pitchers, Korra plucked out two plastic cups and glanced back up at the feline woman sheepishly. "I-is it okay if I get a cup for Bailey, too?" Just for when the redhead showed up, in case she was thirsty!
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:01 am

Central Park was as busy as a nest of ants, people moving about all around the scaly man! Everyone who volunteered to make refreshments had shown up, setting up their dishes and drinks for anyone to sample. People were piling up their little plates, and as he checked in on the tables Kev poured himself a cup of strawberry lemonade! "Aah...that hits the spot." Looking back at the feline woman, and the three men who had also provided food, the scaly man gave them all a pleased look. "Thank you for helping me and providing food like this. It all smells delicious~!" With one more nod, he moved on to exchange a few more greetings and hellos. Spotting Dominick and Nyreena together at Lunette's table, he felt a small ache in his chest. It was a shame that Fear and Livewire were unable to come but...it was for the best. For Livewire's well-being. As he turned his gaze to the stage, he reminded himself that the ghoul wasn't exactly gone. He lingered always, in the back of Kev's mind and it was there that he would watch the show!

Time was ticking, signaling all the more that soon the show would be beginning! Before he got ahead of himself, the scaly alien was sure to check up on Mortis and his animals. With a greeting and a wish of luck, Kev would return to his seat, but he would not be alone! A cute black sheep would be his buddy for the show, keeping each other company while Mortis tended to Angemort and Samhain to get them ready for their act. Fingers roaming through her lovely wool, the mouthless man reached beneath his chair and into a bag he'd brought along, withdrawing a fresh carrot to feed her. As Woolie's teeth chomped away at her treat, Kev stood up on his tiptoes to address everybody as best he could.

"Good afternoon, everybody! Or er, perhaps that would be...evening by now." A sheepish chuckle escaped his mind before the alien again looked back at the crowd of people who had arrived. "E-either way, I wanted to thank you all for coming out today! Last year's talent showcase was a great time, and I think this year will be just as enjoyable! I almost didn't think to put this event together again but, it wasn't really fair not to! We have people here with us today who weren't here last year, and some people performing tonight didn't get to do that last year either! If nobody minds, I think this could be the start of a grand tradition!" Bunching his hands together, the alien's voice and eyes grew warm. "I want to thank everybody who helped me. We have wonderful food, amazing people, and astounding acts to share together. Everyone who pitched a hand to set this up has my gratitude and everybody who came... I'm just really proud. This place is my home and it wouldn't be home without people like you in it." Aw, if Fear were here, he'd probably be pointing out how sappy he was becoming. With one last sigh, Kev swept an arm in the direction of the stage.

"The show is gonna begin shortly, so please grab whatever food you want and find a seat! And I hope you will enjoy the acts we have in store tonight!" The opener was surely going to be a hit! At the very least, it was going to be one hell of a way to start this baby off! With a delighted chuckle, Kev sank back down into his chair, a hand roaming down to caress sweet Woolie's ears. "Anytime you wanna hop on ole Uncle Kev's lap, you're welcome too!" He cooed.

((There aren't many updates to give, other than a brief refresher! From now until next Friday the 14th, Shai and Scaramouch can post their duet act and people are allowed to post their reactions! After this point, you do not need to wait for me to post as Kev for the start of a new round! Just wait the week and then you're golden! If for whatever reason you need to be excused or have your act moved up or down the list, just let me knew and we will work it out! Thank you all for posting, and have fun!))

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Shaiamils on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:55 am

Shaiamils stood back to admire himself in the bathroom mirror. How was it possible to look both rockin' and dapper at the same time? The doctor had no idea, but he still managed it somehow! Maybe it was the tie, combined with that leather jacket and those leather pants? Yeah, that was probably it. He leaned over the sink, looking at himself in the mirror as he added the finishing touches to his getup: Some rose cologne and a subtle, but still noticeable amount of glitter. The avian decided to preen his feathers some more, too. Better safe than sorry!

Oh boy. Shai's feathery crest perked up at the familiar voice. Kev was giving his opening speech outside. It was almost time to start! He waited by the sinks until the scaly alien was finished speaking. Soon enough, the doctor could no longer hear his voice, just applause from the guests. Finally, it was time to get this show on the road.

The feathery alien exited the bathroom and made his way to the stage, a certain robot following close behind. Just as planned, their outfits complimented each other. Shai just knew that he was going to be the best backup singer a guy could ask for! Not to mention the other things the android had in store for the audience. He gave Scaramouch a little wink as the music started. And then the doctor sang.

♪ Sitting here wasted and wounded
    At this old piano
    Trying hard to capture
    The moment this morning I don't know
    'Cause a bottle of vodka
    Is still lodged in my head
    And some blond gave me nightmares
    I think she is still in my bed
    As I dream about movies
    They won't make of me when I'm dead

With an ironclad fist I wake up and
    French kiss the morning
    While some marching band keeps
    Its own beat in my head
    While we're talking
    About all of the things that I long to believe
    About love and the truth and
    What you mean to me
    And the truth is baby you're all that I need ♫

Just like last year, Shai caught a quick glance of Ola taking a video with her phone. Shai remembered her saying that it was to show Spenst later, seeing as he couldn't be here. What a shame!

♪ I wanna lay you down on a bed of roses
    For tonight I sleep on a bed on nails
    I want to be just as close as the Holy Ghost is
    And lay you down on bed of roses ♫

Good lord. The doctor didn't know how it was possible, but somehow Scaramouch managed to sound even better than he did during their rehearsals together!

♪ Well I'm so far away
    That each step that I take is on my way home
    A king's ransom in dimes I'd given each night
    Just to see through this payphone
    Still I run out of time
    Or it's hard to get through
    Till the bird on the wire flies me back to you
    I'll just close my eyes and whisper,
    Baby blind love is true ♫

Ready for Chorus: Round Two, Scaramouch? Of course you were!

Oh yeah, now they were getting to the really good stuff!

♪ The hotel bar hangover whiskey's gone dry
    The barkeeper's wig's crooked
    And she's giving me the eye
    I might have said yeah
    But I laughed so hard I think I died ♫

Good stuff, indeed! As the guitar solo played, he and Scaramouch shared a brief dance together. It was a waltz. Oh how Shaiamils was completely alive in that moment! He almost regretted having to let go of the robot, but alas, he had to.

♪ Now as you close your eyes
    Know I'll be thinking about you
    While my mistress she calls me
    To stand in her spotlight again
    Tonight I won't be alone
    But you know that don't
    Mean I'm not lonely I've got nothing to prove
    For it's you that I'd die to defend ♫

Here we go, final breakdown!

And lay you down...

I wanna lay you down on a bed of roses

Shai's heart was pounding as the music faded out, and the audience subsequently erupted into applause. He wasn't sure if that could have possibly gone any better. Of course, this wouldn't have been possible without his robot friend. Sure, he could have easily gone solo, but it wouldn't have been nearly as good! The feathery alien pulled him into a brief hug.

"Thank you, Scaramouch. You were amazing!"
    Scaramouche
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scaramouche on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:03 am

"Good afternoon, everybody! Or er, perhaps that would be...evening by now."

Oh? Ohhhh, that was Kev!

"Hon~! Looks like we're up in a few, Doc!" Always the epitome of 'hep' and 'cool', Scaramouch idly rocked on his feet as he waited for the other half of their duet to finish gussying up. Classic, classic Doc... going for the leather jacket, tie, and strikingly flamboyant pants. Yep, the android felt super good about this one~! Cyan diodes twinkled from across the way. "You look fabulous - fabulous, babe~! The rose cologne is gonna sell it." As for the robot himself? While not quite as glittery or sporting a typical rocker's look, Scaramouch had opted for a, as he liked to call it, specific fancy in mind. Today's forecast called for western, and who was the robot to deny a certain lady's heart~? Hopefully she liked it... The grinning charlatan finished toying with his shirt collar and stood upright with a resounding - clack! - of his heels. Auditory receptors prickled. "...Hm? Hon~! Sounds like Kev is givin' us our cue! Ya ready, Doc~?" It's showtime, babe! Walking out together, single-file, both Shaiamils and Scaramouch were greeted to a modest crowd. Aw, what a turnout! It was so nice seeing folks come out and - oh, was... was that the music? Welp! Can't get all doe-eyed now~!

When it came to being hammy and putting on a show, Shaiamils couldn't have asked for a better partner. The familiar twang of a guitar played, and, with microphone in hand, the robot addressed the audience. That same, unwavering grin never left Scaramouch's face; this was his element. "Good evenin', folks~!" he spoke cheerfully. "Firstly, before we begin, we'd like to thank everyone for comin' out here and showin' community support, and to Kev for once again puttin' this together. Let's hear it for Kev-Mak-Tarr!" Hey, credit was given where credit was due! No sooner had the applause died down, the android continued, "And secondly, we got a treat for ya tonight - a real class act~! Hold on to your plates, folks, 'cause things might start flyin'." Hint, hint.

A wink beget a wink, and soon the aired filled with the melodious notes of synchronized song; from the natural cords of Shaiamils to the synthesized vocals of Scaramouch.

Sitting here wasted and wounded
    At this old piano
    Trying hard to capture
    The moment this morning I don't know
    'Cause a bottle of vodka
    Is still lodged in my head
    And some blond gave me nightmares
    I think she is still in my bed
    As I dream about movies
    They won't make of me when I'm dead

With an ironclad fist I wake up and
    French kiss the morning
    While some marching band keeps
    Its own beat in my head
    While we're talking
    About all of the things that I long to believe
    About love and the truth and
    What you mean to me
    And the truth is baby you're all that I need

And lay you down on bed of roses

Well I'm so far away
    That each step that I take is on my way home
    A king's ransom in dimes I'd given each night
    Just to see through this payphone
    Still I run out of time
    Or it's hard to get through
    Till the bird on the wire flies me back to you
    I'll just close my eyes and whisper,
    Baby blind love is true

The hotel bar hangover whiskey's gone dry
    The barkeeper's wig's crooked
    And she's giving me the eye
    I might have said yeah
    But I laughed so hard I think I died

It was a simple enough number; not too fast, not too slow. A lover's ballad. Fitting for a couple of, pardon the pun, lovebirds like them~! The robot matched Shaiamils' cadence perfectly, their individual pitches harmonizing with the each other in a seamless blend of passion and delight. No matter how many times they practiced, it was always a treat singing with the Doc - even more so while on stage! As the chorus came up a second time, the android barely contained his repressed excitement. The waltz! It was time for their waltz! And also a special lil' something~! Fingers interlocked and the pair at last shared their dance, feet gliding and spirits soaring - quite literally, in fact! It was as if an invisible hand elevated them into the air and was suspended there, the two continuing their waltz upon an airy ballroom floor. Know what else would make this even better? No, not a risque dip and a smooch on the beak, but close!

Rose petals.

Rose petals fluttered downward from levitating satchels above, sprinkling the audience in a delicate blanket of crimson. They softly fell atop people's heads... onto their laps... onto their plates, and into their food and drinks... Though no one except Shaiamils could hear, a muffled snicker escaped Scaramouch in-between quiet hums. Oopsie~! Sacrifices must be made for the aesthetic, babes.

Alas! Their waltz could not last forever, and the duo wistfully lowered back to earth, their hands separating. It was as immortalized in stone: parting was such sweet, sweet sorrow, but the show must go on. The homestretch dawned upon the performers and it was time to conclude their rosy act.

Hon~!

Now as you close your eyes
    Know I'll be thinking about you
    While my mistress she calls me
    To stand in her spotlight again
    Tonight I won't be alone
    But you know that don't
    Mean I'm not lonely I've got nothing to prove
    For it's you that I'd die to defend

And lay you down...

Egad, done already!? Why must fate be so cruel? It felt as if they had just started!

It was with a heavy battery that Scaramouch faced the audience, saddened how fleeting his duet with Shaiamils had been, and bowed. He of course bowed with a smile, but that didn't make the weight in his chassis any lighter.

"Thank you, Scaramouch. You were amazing!"

Oh, but that compliment and Shaiamils' hug did, though~! Guess who scored himself major points with yours truly? "Aw shucks, babe, you ain't no slouch either~!" And that was a fact. Metal arms pulled the feathery alien closer, aluminum plates heating up. Here's a big ol' embrace for you, you fluffy birdy, you~! "Thank you, thank you! You guys are a terrific audience~!" the robot waved to their onlookers, grin splitting his face from ear-to-ear. With another bow and a wave (as well as having gathered a few unmentionables from the more amorous spectators~), Scaramouch turned to walk offstage with Shaiamils close beside, the two of them coasting off their performance high.

Spoiler:

Shout out to Mel for helping me colour this!

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:13 am