Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Team Effort, Because I Have No Idea What Went Wrong

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:01 pm

Date: 6/28/0008
    Time: 5:03 AM

She didn’t understand.

They watched.
    The sidewalk swam in her vision as she sat there upon it, in the middle of the night but unable to go any further. This was the furthest she had ever willingly gone from Creamer, from where he had decided to stay behind. Her stomach kept trying to jump back up into her throat. Beside her, Ailbe huffed and laid his head down upon the thigh of her outstretched leg.

The sun was going to rise soon. Probably. She felt like it should, but she couldn’t bring herself to really think about it at all. The chair was comfortable. It felt lived-in but maybe by someone a bit larger than her. She preferred it that way, honestly. It felt like it had been hardly any time since coming here even though she had been in this chair all night, staring out the window at the street outside. She hardly ever pulled her eyes away from that window, except to look down at her dog beside her. Well, kind of on-top of her. She sat cross-legged in the lobby with Ailbe piled haphazardly around her in the seat. This was how they often would share space, less allotted and more all mixed together in a tangle. Out of sight, but not out of mind, a demon rested himself further away. She didn’t know where he was. Probably on the roof, honestly. She couldn’t really bring herself to think about it too much.

They wanted you to be punished for what you did, and encouraged him.
    The nausea was awful, that was true. What came afterwards was so much worse. She didn’t even remember the transition it had been so sudden, from sitting and just trying to control her breathing to screaming out, uncontrolled, as pain ripped through her. It was like every nerve within her body was on fire, was being individually pricked and prodded with hot irons and she didn’t know why. The sidewalk met the back of her head as she writhed helplessly as she was completely unable to do anything but that. She couldn’t even hear Ailbe’s panicked barking over her own pain, this fire that came from nowhere but consumed everything. It hut so much and she didn’t know why-

She couldn’t feel her legs anymore. That was more due to Ailbe taking an impromptu nap on her, though.

…not a nap. He had fallen asleep for the night, because she had been here all night. Staring outside of the window, spending the entire night there. Thinking about what happened, about how angry she had been. She had felt trapped, encaged in social boundaries. But she left, after some…well.  After things had gone south.

It was your fault. You’re the one who couldn’t do it, and you were punished for it.
    She laid there on the sidewalk, limp and useless as a wet nose nudged against her sweat-covered neck and a soft whining rung in her ears. The pain was gone, just as sudden as it had come. She didn’t know why, shejust…she didn’t know. She didn’t understand. Thankfully, she didn’t have to wait long.

What felt like a mixture between no time at all and an eternity, during which she had managed to bring herself up to a sitting position with shaking limbs, her Demon approached. Lumbering, crawling along and looking in about the same state as she did. His eyes were tense, his shoulders afraid but exhausted. They were both a sorry state.

”What…what happened?”

He looked at her.

But it didn’t make sense. Her eyes squeezed closed as she thought on it, more and more. Why had it happened? Why had they brought her in, tried to make her talk about something she wasn’t ready to talk about? They didn’t…they weren’t happy, before she left. She had made them sad. Well, Kev and Shaiamils. She couldn’t tell with Fear. But, he had to have been angry, right? To do that, to make them suffer?  Why was he so angry? Did she not have a right here to just not talk about things? Were her only options here to bare her feelings to whoever wanted to ask or else go through that again?

But that was so at odds with what she had experienced so far. Fear, Kev, all of them had been kind to her. Hadn’t they?  Fear had helped her so much, they had a nice conversation or two, and Kev was fun. He was…………

….well, he was a masturbator in public, but he was fun. Was all it really took for them to encourage her suffering just to say the wrong thing, to be uncomfortable? Perhaps she had just used up all of her “get out of jail free” cards here, and had pushed all of their patience to the limit. She didn’t understand where she went wrong. Well…she had an idea. She shouldn’t have avoided Kev, even if he was masturbating in a public restroom. It was just…he must have just been really hot and bothered. He didn’t seem like the person to do that often!  …even if he was the kind of person that was okay with putting her through that.

”But that doesn’t…that doesn’t make sense, either…” But she almost wanted it to.  Just take it at face value, ignore all other information. It’d be easier, certainly. It’d also be completely stupid. If it didn’t make sense then she just…she couldn’t see everything. She hadn’t been there, she only had Creamer’s word for what happened after she left. At the moment, she wished she had never even gone. It was stupid to go where she knew she would be uncomfortable. Why was she doing that again?  Oh, right. To grow as a person, get to know other people and keep trying. Even if it hurt. Even if that just didn’t make sense, if it made her question everything she thought she had figured out about how things worked here.

Sighing, the woman ran a hand down her face to pull at her sleep-deprived eyes. She hadn’t gotten anywhere. Sure, she had calmed down. Sure, she didn’t feel trapped anymore, but that was more because she had experienced something that was far worse than that initial sense of betrayal. …well, she had also thought more on how it wasn’t. Well…it kind of was. She wasn’t comfortable talking about that stuff, especially in front of people like Shaiamils who would more likely than not just go blab it to anyone he wanted. But she had been prodded anyway, and even had her defensiveness taken away from her when she hadn’t been forthcoming.  But she just, she didn’t understand why. Was it because it was Kev, Fear’s partner, who was also at the center of the situation? Was his feeling bad what drove Fear to disregard her wishes about the privacy of her own emotions? …maybe.  She couldn’t figure it out.  With a slight prod to Ailbe’s cheek, the woman felt her shoulders slump as she took the initiative to start heading to bed.

She had done a terrible job at heading to bed. She wasn’t even at her door. She hadn’t even made it to her floor, actually, had just…stopped. Seeing that level, the hallway where she had visited a few times to cook dinner and chat. She remembered the feeling of spending time with someone that more exposure to only made her grow fonder. The laugh, the grins, holding hands, hugging…it was always good. It wasn’t tainted or even confusing. Maybe…maybe she could help.

Bailey blinked once, a long and slow thing that was weighed down by an absence of sleep as well as the heavy thoughts mixed with a despair that, despite her trying, she just couldn’t shake. Maybe Korra could look at this differently, help Bailey see where she had gone wrong.

Maybe just seeing her would help Bailey feel a little better, even if they didn’t end up talking about the night’s activities. Bailey raised her hand, then hesitated. Korra didn’t need this, she didn’t need to see this side of her. Who would want to waste any time on her now-

Knock, knock

No time for that nonsense. She was going to be honest with Korra. She was not going to lie to her just because she was scared, that would be unacceptable. Korra didn’t deserve that.

”Um…Korra, it’s uh…it’s Bailey, if you can hear me. I realize I didn’t really, give you any time to actually wake, up. Wow, that’s um…I’m just kind of talking to a door at this point, I guess?”
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Re: Team Effort, Because I Have No Idea What Went Wrong

Post by Korra on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:43 am

So early in the morning, there was only one thing Korra was doing. The young Avatar was curled up in her blankets, face snuggled into her pillow and snoozing off into dreamland. No actual dreams at the moment, but it was a very pleasant sleep nonetheless. Distantly, she was aware of something. A sound...somebody knocking? Her sleep addled brain quickly constructed a dreamlike image in her mind, the young woman imagining that her girlfriend had come over for some delicious waffles... A smile pulled on her lips, nuzzling her face into the pillowcase even more as she imagined herself snuggling a certain redhead. Dream!Bailey snuggled back, arms wrapping around Korra. Bright amber eyes made contact with her's, the woman giving her a lovely smile before she spoke--

Um…Korra, it’s uh…it’s Bailey, if you can hear me. I realize I didn’t really, give you any time to actually wake, up. Wow, that’s um…I’m just kind of talking to a door at this point, I guess?”

...Huh. That was a weird thing to say, even in a dream about breakfast! Frowning softly, the image faded away as sleep left Korra's blue eyes, leaving her blinking in the darkness of her bedroom. "Mm...?" What a strange...dream? Pulling herself so that she was sitting up in her bed, the young woman rubbed at the corner of her eyes with the brunt of her palm. A dark blue comforter fell down to drape across her waist, long hair a tussled mess around her head. Once she had cleared away some of the gunk in her eyes, Korra craned her head to stare at the alarm clock by her bed. 5 something in the morning, the brightly colored numbers read to her. What? Why would she...wake up so early? Wait...the knocking. Maybe somebody knocked on her door? Tossing back the blankets, she swept her legs over the side and began to stumble her way down the hallway to the front door. By the time she reached the door, she had awakened enough to not trip over her own heels.

Pulling the door open, Korra stared at the person on the other side of her door. Well! Maybe she dreamed of Bailey for a reason. Cheeks blushing darkly, she glanced down at her pajamas and straightened her clothes out from where her tossing and turning had frumpled them. Barefoot and clad in a white tank top and baggy, light blue pants, the young Avatar blinked back at her visitor and tilted her head to the side. "Bailey...? Are you okay?" A moment or two passed before she realized they were both still in the doorway. She shuffled to the side awkwardly, making room. "Oh, uh, d...d'ya wanna come in?"
    Bailey and Creamer
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:29 pm

Bailey stood at the door for a few moments, considering what she was doing. She was in a rather bad state and Korra, well…Korra was smart. She was really smart, she’d know that something was wrong. She’d know that something had happened and would probably want to know. Could she tell her? Did she have a right to ask Korra to share this burden with her, to take on some of her pain just so that the redhead could think a bit more clearly?

Her fist curled against the door as she was hit with a flash of hesitation. Should she go in? Should she just leave, hope that she hadn’t woken Korra up? What if she wasn’t in a good place to hear Bailey out? What if something had happened? Was she being inconsiderate, was she going to make Korra’s day worse? Was she-

And the door opened, and Bailey couldn’t even describe how much relief she felt. Also, how cute Korra looked. So she DID have pajamas. That answered one question. She managed a slight smile that probably contested heavily with the bags under her eyes and her slightly shaking hands. The woman had never done well for long without sleeping. ”Hey. I’m not…not really okay. Kinda not-okay, actually.” And without even considering it, the truth slipped out. She couldn’t lie to Korra. She doubt she could even lie to Korra to make her feel better about something. One look into those eyes, one memory of time that they spent together and all she could think about was being a person who was worth this wonderful woman before her.

With a tired nod, Bailey shuffled into the apartment when Korra made room for her. ”You look really cute in pajamas, by the way.” A slightly more lively grin was offered to Korra. Just being in this place, where she had first really talked with Korra after getting brought here, and where they had had dinners and lunches and all manner of just sitting together and talking, already was softening the edges of her anxiety. ”I’m glad to see you.”

She was. She really, really was.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:07 pm

”Hey. I’m not…not really okay. Kinda not-okay, actually.”

Guess Korra could cross 'prophetic dreams' off the Avatar power list. Bailey was definitely not here for some waffles and cuddles! Though maybe cuddles weren't completely off the table since the other woman looked rather...shaken. Her pale skin made the dark circles under her eyes pop out even more, and her hands, hands that felt so small in Korra's own, were shaking. She frowned to herself, confused as she let her girlfriend inside. She wanted to know what was wrong, yet also knew that it might not be the right time to start pressing for answers. She still couldn't help but to go down the list of possibilities as she lightly nudged the door shut behind the both of them. Was it a nightmare? Did Bailey go for a walk and run into trouble?! The young Avatar looked vaguely troubled right as her guest gave her a compliment, cheeks darkening as her still slightly sleep-addled mind tried to catch up.

"Oh, uh, t-thank you!" Korra gave her a little smile, stepping a bit closer as she led the both of them into her living room and over to a couch. Before either could sit though, she sidled up to the redhead and draped an arm around her shoulders in a way that she hoped wouldn't be too suffocating. "I'm glad to see you too, even though you're not...okay." The young woman frowned again, concern obvious in her eyes. "Whatever's wrong, I'm here for you." She paused, hesitating as her eyes flickered to the kitchen. "Do, um...do you want some tea, maybe? It could help you relax." Korra offered, as her free hand came down and lightly covered one of Bailey's as if to draw attention to her shivering. The surprise visit may have caught her off guard, but the Avatar was willing to step up and help her girlfriend.
    Bailey and Creamer
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:22 pm

Bailey looked at Korra’s face and, for a moment, felt a sense of warm wonder. Even when Korra looked worried and concerned she was still so beautiful. Not in a way like every angle of her face was symmetrical, or she had the Latest Hottest Eye Shape, but just that she was beautiful. She was beautiful no matter how tired she looked, as if she had just gotten out of bed. Well…it was the morning. She probably had just gotten out of bed, actually. Whoops.

The woman couldn’t help a tired grin from taking her features at the sight of Korra’s blush. Her girlfriend was the best. Hands-down, 100% the greatest. The familiar little thoughts of awe and love were pinging up within the possessed woman’s mind, doing their part to just slightly drive away the confusion and darkness from completely consuming Bailey’s thoughts. At Korra’s reply, Bailey’s smile seemed even more tired, but somehow even warmer than before. She was glad to see her even though she brought problems. That was, that was special. It felt special, anyway. As a familiar muscular arm took her shoulders, Bailey couldn’t even try to help the way that she tucked herself against the Avatar’s side, taking comfort in the slight press of Korra’s body against her own. ”I um…tea would be nice, if it’s not too much trouble.”

At the covering of a hand over her own, Bailey was made more aware of how shaky she felt. She had stopped shaking before, when had that started up again? Was it because she was tired? Well…maybe being tired was part of it. Probably? She didn’t know. The woman’s teeth gently caught her lower lip as she frowned slightly, considering her words. She had come here to talk to Korra, right? And honestly, she was worried that if she didn’t approach it now then she might chicken out later.

”I’m, I’m sorry about it being so early, Korra. I just uh…” she worried her lip again as her fingers, slightly stronger but still much weaker than typical, gently wormed their way between Korra’s own in a loose intertwining. ”Just um…something, something really um…weird and um…bad, happened but I’m not…” She gave a little sigh and, seeming to give up for a moment, let her neck crane to the side to plop her head against the Avatar’s shoulder. ”I can’t really make it make sense. I just, I feel like…like I don’t, understand what happened but I’m just…I think I just am looking at it the wrong way and…and I, uh.” Bailey lifted her head from its brief rest to look at Korra again, expression just a bit more strengthened than it had been when Korra had seen her on the other side of the doorway moments ago. ”I just, really wanted to see you, too.”
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:42 am

Despite the exhaustion that seemed to radiate off of Bailey like a thick perfume, the redhead still found it in her to smile warmly at Korra. It only worsened her blush, sheepish in the light of her girlfriend's affection. Her own smile warmed in return, although the Avatar felt even more concerned. This was a first for them, and she wanted to do right by Bailey. The question was...how? So far it seemed that she was doing the right thing, offering tea and letting her in. Even an arm wrapped around her in comfort was apparently what the healer ordered. Feeling the other woman tuck against herself, Korra moved to rest a cheek against Bailey's head. If there was any space still lingering between them, she helped to close it. "It's no trouble at all, Bailey. I promise." She had to do more, but what? A comforting ear, maybe? Her comforting seemed to be loosening the redhead's lips already, Korra patiently waiting to hear what had happened. The only other movement she made was to rub the other's arm.

”Just um…something, something really um…weird and um…bad, happened but I’m not… I can’t really make it make sense. I just, I feel like…like I don’t, understand what happened but I’m just…I think I just am looking at it the wrong way and…and I, uh.”

Ah geez. What did that even mean? Frowning to herself, she nevertheless laced her fingers with Bailey tenderly. Her shoulder felt warm with Bailey nestled there, and her hand squeezed the redhead's lightly. "I'm always happy to see you, Bailey! And if you want, you can maybe...stay with me all day, today?" Obviously, her girlfriend needed the company. Lightly nuzzling her cheek against the soft red hair, she let out a soft sigh. "I just...literally have no idea what you just said. But it sounds...bad." Thumb rubbing against the other woman's knuckles, Korra's blue eyes sought out Bailey's golden ones. "Are you hurt? Do I have to go kick someone's butt?" Spirits help her, if somebody had tried to beat up her girlfriend...!

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:35 am