Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Date 2 - Beach Boogaloo

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Date: 6/16/0008
    Time:  8:09 PM

”Sweepin’, sweepin’, gotta sweep for bugs and lil’ rocks that hurt!”  Bailey continued on with her off-pitch, off-beat, sorry excuse for a song as she wiggled around with a makeshift broom of palm fronds.  They were far enough away from the beach to not worry about much sand, but she had read that you should ALWAYS sweet a campsite. She didn’t remember why, but the one time she had been camping (sleeping in the back yard counted, dammit) she slept on a rock at her hip and it had left a dent. A dent! She refused to let herself, and especially her girlfriend, have any dents.

…of course, Korra hadn’t agreed to be her girlfriend. That might be due to Bailey’s failure to actually………ask……..

The redheaded, golden-eyed woman took a nervous swallow before continuing on humming and sweeping the ground where the shelter was going to go. Far away enough to get rock, close enough to still see the beach and hear the waves. The perfect spot! …unless Bailey had misjudged where the tide was going to end up and they ended up covered in seawater. The woman took a look back at the gently lapping waves of the ocean and the ground beneath her feet. There were some grasses, a few trees rooted nearby. They would probably be fine!  For a moment, she had the urge to ask Creamer if he knew anything about it. The past few days had been strange for the both of them.  Talking with Prixlezub, actually putting effort into understanding each other? It had been weird. Really, really weird. But that was still okay, in a way. It was almost nice.

Weirdly enough, Creamer hadn’t said a word. After running alongside the great strides of Naga (Bailey felt her cheeks warm as she remembered the way she had to cling around Korra’s middle to keep from falling off, pressed flushed against her back and OH MY GOD back on topic) the demon had just…sat at the coast. Slightly in the water, staring out into the ocean. Not a single thing said since. With someone else that would be concerning, but the woman figured he had every right to just sit and stare if he wanted to. They had both lost something important in coming here. If he wanted and needed his space, who was she to take that from him? Regardless, Bailey was honestly surprised that the demon hadn’t asked her to summon Prixlezub for him to talk to. She figured that’s what the bracelet currently attached to her hand was for, wasn’t it? If he needed someone to talk to? But yet Aulaam had remained silent, and Bailey thought it best to respect his lack of a wish.

Plus, she had plenty to worry about herself right now.

A small trinket practically burned the woman from where it lay in the pocket of her shorts. It was a simple little thing, made of wooden beads and black string, but it felt incredibly heavy. She had spent days carving each turtle, even messing up a few and putting them away for later use. A quick application of some paint, some sealant and…there she had it. A simple, durable bracelet that one woman intended to give another. And, maybe with that giving, she would…well she would…

She would ask Korra if she wanted to go steady.

”Oh my god I’m going to die.”  Bailey felt her grip tighten on her makeshift broom, seized for a moment by a grip of panic. She did not notice a certain demon looking over at her before dismissing her reaction as, correctly identified, over-thinking. Still, Bailey was practically powerless against the thoughts. What if Korra didn’t want to go steady? What if she saw this bracelet as a bribe? What if she gave Korra the bracelet, asked her, and then Korra said no?  Honestly the possibility that Korra would say “no” was so high that really she should just call this whole thing off!

…except that, they were on a date. Korra had even let Bailey ride on Naga in order to get them to this beach.  Korra had confirmed, multiple times, that she wanted to date her. Korra had even confirmed that her feelings for the fussy redhead were…more than like. With a shake of her mop of hair, Bailey took her determination and held it fast. This would be fine, it would go great! It’d be a fun camping trip for the both of them, by the beach, having a good time. And at the end of it, she’ll give Korra the bracelet and ask her if she wanted to go steady. It would be fine.  

Finally satisfied with her internal worries and her sweeping, Bailey turned around towards where Korra was setting up their fire. “Do you want to try for fishing, or just eat some of the picnic foods? …did we even bring fishing gear? Do you need fishing gear? Can you just like,” She took this moment to wave her hands about a bit, palm frond and all, ”bend a fish? Can that happen?”
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Re: Date 2 - Beach Boogaloo

Post by Korra on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:10 am

Korra and Bailey had exchanged many ideas for potential dates in the future, but camping hadn't been one of them! Not that the Avatar was upset! If anything, when Bailey had asked to go camping it had been a surprise for her. They wouldn't be camping for just a night either, and the two had prepared for a nice couple of days by the beach. Riding out together on Naga's back had brought a giant grin on her face that refused to leave even as she was collecting sticks. Her cheeks were beginning to ache but she still felt incredibly happy! Ideas were buzzing in her skull even as she pulled up another stick to join the bundle in her arms. They could fish together, swim together... Maybe she could create a block of ice and they could go surfing together! A dark blush spread across her cheeks as she kneeled down and began to stack the sticks together in a triangular formation. Nearby, the trusty polar bear dog was taking a well-deserved nap.

As she moved the sticks about, Korra snuck a glance at Bailey. The lovely redhead had created a broom out of palm fronds to sweep the area that would be their tent area. She had offered to create a tent for them both using her earthbending and the idea had made her date excited. The other woman was always eager to see her use her bending, which reminded her of the upcoming talent show. Oblivious to Bailey's little surprise, the Avatar began to plan her own as she created their campfire. Palms flattening upon her own knees, she checked out the little pit. Sticks, a bit of the same palm fronds Bailey had found...yep! It looked ready to ignite! A hand rose, fingers pressed together about to snap, but that was when her date spoke up.

"I think using some of our picnic food is fine! It's a little late for fishing now, but we'll have more time to fish tomorrow." Perhaps they could roast hot dogs or even marshmallows? Grin turning lopsided, she watched Bailey pantomime bending a fish and was unable to hold back a small chuckle. "I can't bend the actual fish, but I can bend the water around a fish!" She boasted proudly. "When I fish, I keep a careful watch of the fish beneath the water. When they swim closer to the surface, I pull the water around the fish up and out of the ocean. I guess it's cheating if you think about it, but it is pretty handy!" With a wink she turned her attention back to the fire. Who needs a match when you can create flames?

Snap!

Friction between her fingertips at the snap generated a spark that flickered out to the pile and ignited the sticks and fronds with a crackle. Shifting to sit a safe distance from the fire, Korra turned her gaze back onto Bailey. "How's the sweeping? Find any creepy crawlies?~" She teased with a light laugh. Perhaps after they had a little something to eat, she could create their rock tents and they could start winding down for the evening.
    Bailey and Creamer
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:29 pm

To be fair, Bailey hadn’t come up with the idea for camping all on her own. As soon as she got it in her head, and thought on it for quite a while, about asking Korra to go steady she just KNEW she had to do something special. Sure, going to the movies and the theme-park would be special but in all honesty she wasn’t entirely sure how Korra would enjoy those things! Those are new introductory things, not things that she’s pretty damn sure Korra would be certain to enjoy! How awful would it be if Korra thought the movies were boring, or the theme-park wasn’t as exciting as Bailey made it out to be?  No, it was better to do something that everyone knew, but both still enjoyed. That way they would have a good time and could spend it focusing on one another.

Besides, she was banking a bit on the assumption that camping out in the wilds would give Korra plenty of opportunities to show off. Goodness knows Bailey wasn’t opposed to that.  Not ever. With other people, watching them use their talents all the time would get boring, but with Korra? She was just so sincere, so proud but still somehow humble about it, that Bailey just couldn’t get enough!  She loved it every time Korra talked about what she knew. She loved watching Korra bend, watching Korra talk to Naga, listening as she interacted with the world around them. Sometimes Bailey felt nervous about just how much she liked Korra. She hadn’t ever felt this much this quickly for someone before and, in a way, it was a little frightening.

But then she would spend time with Korra, talk to her and hold her hand, and all of that fear would go away. It just felt so nice and good to be around the other woman. Bailey hoped that feeling would never leave.  Even just looking at her after turning around made Bailey feel nice, how weird was that? ”Okay! I think we can break out the hotdogs tonight, and some chips! Would you want to do marshmallows later?” Not the healthiest things, no, but Bailey was not going to lug around a cooler all the way here to bring things that wouldn’t go bad in a few days. Well, technically the hotdogs could but…whatever! That’s why they were eating them now. And look, Bailey was trying her best. She still wasn’t entirely sure how bending happened and, to her, it shouldn’t be too hard to bend a fish. Korra could bend water and fish had water in them, right? It made sense in her ignorance!  The woman felt her cheeks flush with color as her pantomime got a grin and chuckle from Korra. ”Huh, so it’s like…like an invisible cage trap? Or forming a cage around the fish, but with water?” Damn, that sounded scary for the fish. Was there any way to defend against that at all, other than just not wandering near where Korra could bend? That was a bit like cheating, now that Bailey thought about it more! ”Well, personally if I was a fish I think I’d rather get bent to get hunted, than to get poisoned or ripped apart by something.” It had been a while since Bailey had thought about what life as a fish would be like. And then she got a wink, and all the world went rosy for a moment. Damn, she was in deep.

Snap! ”Ooooh!” With a helpless grin, Bailey clapped her hands together with her enjoyment as the fire sparked from Korra’s fingers. That would be cool no matter how many times she saw it, of that Bailey was sure.  With the fire going, Bailey set her makeshift broom away from where she figured they would be sleeping and went over to where she had set down her pack. Filled with a change of underwear, a swimsuit (which she had wrestled from the closet after many humiliating outfits which would never be spoken of again), some sunscreen, and the aforementioned hotdogs, chips, and marshmallows. These she brought out with a smile as she turned back to Korra, walking over with the food in her hands and holding it up happily. ”Well, I didn’t find any creepies other than a few spiders, but I found a few crawlies! They were little crabs, so cute!” Bailey grinned happily before kneeling down on her toes and knees next to the fire. ”Oh, shoot, skewers. I forgot to pick them up. Uuuuh…could we take apart the fronds, do you think?”
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Korra's feelings for Bailey were quite intense as well, though for her that wasn't a very new concept. After all, it didn't take much time for her to develop a crush on Mako. The main difference now would be the lack of a love triangle (...for the most part) and Bailey's instant reciprocation of the affection! In fact, Bailey had been crushing on her first! Once she had been made aware of the crush, it didn't take long for the young Avatar to notice how pretty and smart the redhead was. Adorable, incredibly eager, bursting with interesting thoughts and perspectives. Miss Bailey had managed to wiggle her way into Korra's heart and mind, and it meant this weekend would be all the sweeter. True, they had only known each other for a month but...it still felt right somehow. This was...fun! Even thinking about future dates with Bailey brought a smile to her face.

Hot dogs and chips with marshmallows for dessert. A true campsite dinner! A pink tongue darted out, licking at her own lips hungrily. "Mmm... I can definitely go for some hot dogs and chips! Roasting some marshmallows later sounds like the perfect thing to eat before we sleep!" The healthiest food before bed? Nah. But certainly tasty! Before she could ponder what kind of chips they'd be eating, she was distracted by Bailey's attempt to understand bending used for fishing. "A trap made of water is about right, that's the closest to it I think! I've gone fishing the normal way before too but...I like using my water bending." Korra paused, regarding the other woman curiously before she turned the conversation back towards her with a soft smile. "Have you ever gone fishing before?" If not, maybe she could give the redhead some pointers! At the pondering of which method a fish would prefer to be caught, she couldn't help a laugh despite the morbid subject at hand. "With those choices, I'd take being lifted out of the ocean too!" Life was certainly hard for the scaly critters at the bottom of the food chain.

Bailey's curiosity and utter glee could be so contagious at times. Korra was sure she was never gonna get over the surprised delight on her date's face everytime she bent an element. It made her that much more hopeful that she could one day show Bailey her airbending powers. Perhaps even pop into the Avatar state and show her the extent of her powers! ...On second thought, maybe the glowing eyes would freak her out. As the slightly older woman gathered up their food, Korra turned her back to the other briefly to tend to the fire. The orange flames light up their impromptu campground, shadows dancing across the ground. Sensing Bailey's approach, she peeked over a shoulder at her. "Aaw! You think they might have been baby crabs?" She'd definitely take a few crabby visitors to their campground over the spiders! No offense of couse, but crabs weren't exactly venomous. Now what was this about palm fronds? She hummed in thought, considering their options. "Maybe...it might catch on fire but maybe we could test a front, see how it holds up being held over the flames? It's worth a shot!" Too bad she wasn't a woodbender.
    Bailey and Creamer
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:07 am

Bailey, had she been privy to Korra’s thoughts, would have been very pleased with the lack of a love triangle. She had liked Nessa, very much so, at first. But further interactions with the woman had shown Bailey that Nessa, in all honesty, had some growing up to do before Bailey could even consider reciprocating her feelings.

And even with Bailey being fairly, fairly sure that she was polyamorous, she really couldn’t imagine herself ever liking someone as much as she liked Korra. It was as if every moment her thoughts were at least a little tied to the bender (much to Creamer’s often-voiced disgust) and, even though she had often criticized romantic relationships in books and movies for showing the same thing, she didn’t much mind it. It was nice to think about Korra.  Considering what she was up to, remembering their conversations, all of those things made Bailey feel very happy. A warm sort of happiness that seemed to grow up somewhere in her intestines. Her stomach butterflies apparently liked to migrate, she might want to get that checked out.

ANYWAY.

Bailey couldn’t help but grin as Korra licked her lips. It wouldn’t be a very good dinner, but it would probably be a fun dinner! And a dinner that required a bit of good ol’-fashioned problem solving, what with cooking the hotdogs.  ”I think it’ll be really tasty! I didn’t think to bring graham crackers or chocolate, but I like the marshmallows on their own! …I, also didn’t bring hot dog buns. I might not have thought this through very well.” The woman ended her statement with growing sheepishness, eventually coming to kneel beside the fire and set down the marshmallows to rub the back of her neck in one of her many nervous quirks. ”Sorry, Korra. It looks like I’ll have to make you a proper hotdog later.” She spoke with an apologetic grin before nodding along to Korra’s statement about the water bending fishing. ”Well, I can’t really blame you! I’ve been fishing and while I liked the bonding part of fishing, but wow it could get really boring. I think the most exciting thing that ever happened to me when I was fishing was one time during a fishing trip with my uncle. That was before we really knew each other, but there’s plenty of time to get to know each other when you’re fishing together!  And, maybe they were baby crabs? I couldn’t tell, there wasn’t a whole lot of light, but potentially, sure!”  She grinned, getting up and going on over towards where she had seen a green frond laying on the sandy soil near a tree. Bailey figured that a green one might be less likely to catch fire than a more dried-out one. Bringing it back towards the fire, and Korra, Bailey once again sat down and crossed her legs as she brought the frond into her lap.

”Well, there was one time that my uncle caught a fishing hook in the back of his neck while casting, but I wasn’t there for that! On our first trip out, the water in the lake was really, really clear, because they had an invasive species of mussels there that were filtering the water too much!”  Bailey tilted the huge leaf in her lap, frowning, before starting to very carefully try to rip off some of the outer leaves. Korra would probably be able to do a quicker job of de-leafing the frond, but it never occurred to Bailey to explain her plan to use the stem of the plant to pierce the hotdogs and hold them over the fire, even if horizontally. It’d be awkward to hold it, but it might work?  Worst comes to worst she was okay with just tossing the meat into the fire directly. She liked it when they were burnt!

”So, we were on the boat and right above this big group of lake grass, and I saw this huge shadow moving through it!” The woman looked up and moved her hands apart to emphasize the size of this shadow. ”It was just pushing everything aside, I thought it was a shark! But then it came into the sunlight and it was this HUGE carp, maybe 4 feet long! Oh, it was so gorgeous!”  With a smile, Bailey moved back to trying to tear off some of the leaves as she recalled the event. ”We didn’t have the gear to even try to catch it and, honestly, I didn’t want to. I thought that maybe it was something like a guardian of the lake, it was so beautiful. Like every scale was a little foggy mirror, almost. Oh, it was so pretty, Korra! I wish I could show you but I’m preeetty sure that the fish didn’t make it over here.”  She grinned up towards Korra and pulled on a leaf, wincing sharply as she yanked her hand away with a hiss.  She had gripped too tightly and moved her hand too soon, leading to the edge of one of the fronds to slice into the crease of her fingers. ”Of course it’s going to be a leaf, not a fire bit, that I get hurt by.”  The woman frowned and opened up her hand, wincing as the skin from the cut spread open and a line of blood started to form.  ”Aw, dangit…”  The palm frond lay forgotten in her lap.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:44 pm

From the sounds of it, their packs weren't quite thought through as far as meals go, but the smile on Korra's face didn't falter. "That's fine, I find hot dog buns a bit too bready anyway! And marshmallows are delicious on their own. If we ever go camping for longer than a couple of days we'll try to plan better. For now, this is great!" They had everything else that was important for camping! Tent, fire...everything was pretty set as far as camping out goes. As Bailey joined her by the fire, the young Avatar reached over to place a hand on her date's shoulder. "No harm, no foul! We can live without hot dog buns and graham crackers." Bright blue eyes light up as Bailey regaled her with a tale of her own fishing, catching her curiosity in an instant! "Wow, your uncle sounds nice!" Although admittedly it wasn't like the bar was set very far as far as Korra's interactions with uncles went. "My uncle seemed kinda nice, but he's never gone fishing with me. It probably doesn't help that we live so far away. My family's in the South Pole, and my uncle lives in the North. It's only maybe...once a year that he would sail down to visit us. And things were always really tense with him and my dad... I never did find out why." Maybe it was for the best.

Bailey stood, returning shortly with a green and vibrant frond as she began to peel the edges off, turning it into a more narrow sticklike shape for them to cook with. The motions were vaguely hypnotizing, Korra's eyes constantly flickering from the young woman's lap and back to her face as she spoke. Needless to say, Bailey's face was the most appealing and eventually, she found herself watching the other's face light up as she told her story. Her uncle's accident earned a sympathetic wince and an "Ooh, ouch!" But the tale soon turned to a different fishing trip! On a lake that was clearer than it should have been, the younger Bailey had spied a big fish hiding amongst the underwater weeds. Rather than a dangerous predator though, it was a big and beautiful carp! The Avatar chuckled softly as her date sang praises for this fish, finding it too beautiful and amazing to catch. "I bet the fish appreciated that. Sometimes you find a fish that you just can't take! I wish I could have seen 'em too, because he sounds like he was a lovely sight to see!" He sounded like something befitting a spirit in her world!

The young ladies shared a grin that was unfortunately short-lived as Bailey hissed in pain, drawing Korra's attention back to the woman's hands. Shucking the frond had stopped as the plant had proved a bit too sharp. Concern flashing in her blue eyes, Korra rose to close the gap between them. Both of her hands reached for Bailey's injured one, mouth grimacing at the line of blood. "It's okay, Bailey. I can help! We just gotta clot this blood..." Glancing around, Korra stood up once again and made a beeline for their bags, as well as her dozing companion. Hefting the waterskin off of her saddle, the young woman pulled a fistful of napkins out of a backpack and returned to her date swiftly. Pressing the mass of paper into Bailey's hand, she pressed onto her and applied pressure to the cut. "Well...I found some sticks for the fire. Maybe I can find more to cook with!" She offered with a crooked grin. There was no way they were going to fiddle with these fronds again.
    Bailey and Creamer
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:23 pm

The woman smiled as Korra didn’t seem to mind too much about the packs. ”Maybe we could uh…make it a regular thing? Every other weekend, or once a month…especially once winter rolls around. We could go see how different areas here look during all the seasons! Like fall, spring…all of them!” With a bright smile at this, Bailey couldn’t help but feel every happier when Korra liked her story. Oh! And a Korra-history tidbit! The woman went to Korra’s side and placed a hand upon her shoulder, squeezing with a gentle smile. ”I’m sorry that you didn’t get to know your uncle very well, Korra. I mean….well, how I see it is that the most important family is the one that you choose to keep with you. Even if they’re not like…here, they’re still with you. Besides, that sounds like some family drama right there.” She gave Korra’s shoulder another squeeze and a smile even as her encouraging statement might have ah…touched on some sad topics.

”I bet if we go fishing, we could find some really beautiful fish here. I mean, look at all the different kinds of people in the city alone! I bet that there’s just as much diversity in the wildlife here! Who knows, we might even find mermaids!” With a giggle, Bailey grinned happily at the thought. Mermaids, wouldn’t that be cool! Or whales! Bailey had always wanted to see a pod of whales in real life, but had never gotten the chance.

After slicing her hand, Bailey held it open slightly to hopefully keep any dirt in her palms from getting wiped into the wound. She watched after Korra, hardly even minding the constant stink in her palm. Korra….how was it possible for someone to have a nice butt when that butt was covered in big pants and two wraps? That just…how. How? She didn’t know. ”Thanks, Korra. Sorry I started our camping off by getting injured.” With a warm smile, Bailey happily held the napkin to her hand. With a warm, slightly embarrassed laugh, Bailey looked at Korra. ”Yeah, that sounds good! Probably shouldn’t try the ah, the fronds again. Whoops…”

Bailey looked out towards the ocean, smiling softly. Even the silhouette of Creamer also sitting in the frothy waves couldn't make the view any less nice. The sun would start to set soon, maybe an hour or so, and they were in the perfect place to watch the sky change. "I'm...I'm really happy to spend this time with you, Korra. I think this is going to go just great." Not even thinking about her planned proposal, or getting cut, none of that mattered right then. It was just her, Korra, Naga (and Creamer), and the ocean. Them talking and watching the stars, fishing later, and roasting marshmallows. She could hardly wait. "I'm so glad that I met you. I really am." She looked back at Korra and smiled, her eyes catching the fire and glinting like gold coins.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:39 pm

”Maybe we could uh…make it a regular thing? Every other weekend, or once a month…especially once winter rolls around."

Without fail, every time they talked about things to do together? It made Korra feel like a flustered goof. Her grin turned crooked and the blush seemed to burn out of her face with all the force of a fire blast. The truth of the matter was that Korra's only experience with dates had been the one with Bolin. And it was great fun, she'd had a great time with him! But they were friends. Korra never had the chance to plan out dates with Mako, she'd been pulled into this world too soon for that. The closest the two of them had come to making plans together had been probending practice and missions against the Equalists. Wow. So romantic. Not that it was any fault of their own...just the way it was when the city was at war with itself.

On the plus side, it made this thing with Bailey even more special. They were obviously more than friends, though they weren't quite at the girlfriend stage yet. Frankly, Korra was still unsure when that was supposed to happen. Third date? Three months? Pushing the thought aside, the young Avatar played with a strand of her side ponytail. "I think I'd really like that, Bailey. I could show you all the spots here I know, and we could have a really great time together!" Her heart only pounded harder when her date sat down next to her and squeezed her shoulder reassuringly. Biting her lip, Korra gave Bailey a small look of gratitude. "Yeah...there's no use being sad over something that can't be changed. And I still have my good memories of my family to look back on!" Even if they seldom involved her uncle or mysterious twins. With a soft snort, she shrugged lightly. "With how intense it was, I bet it was either something really dramatic or stupid." Her bet was something idiotic, like a fight when they were both children.

Diverse fish life was definitely an intriguing offer, though mermaids were even more amazing! Korra covered her mouth with the back of her hand, giggling softly. "You really think we could find some? I hope they'd be nice to us! Maybe show us some cool shells and coral reefs..." The Avatar had kept closer to the shores here on the Breach, going far enough for a swordfish but no more. She didn't really know what the ecosystems for the sea life were like here! Maybe if they ventured far enough, they really would find lovely mermaids and amazing creatures. Perhaps even some whales! As she searched for the napkins, Bailey offered an apology for her injury and the young woman glanced over a shoulder to the redhead. "Hey, this stuff happens! And besides, when your date is a healer, this kind of thing won't ruin the trip!" With a cocky swagger, she returned to sit next to Bailey and handed her the napkins, pressing them into her hand to help clot the blood. A few moments passed and a thought seemed to come to her. The brunette offered her date a sheepish smile. "Just uh...try not to make this a regular thing! I don't want you to get hurt everytime we meet up." The smile melted into a semi-concerned frown.

While Bailey stared out towards the ocean, Korra's own gaze remained steady on her date's hand. By this point, it seemed that the blood had clotted. If she were to take her hand away from the redhead's she would be absolutely fine! And yet...her hand slid into place until they were practically holding hands, the napkin the only barrier between their palms. A thumb rubbed the side of Bailey's hand, and only once the other spoke did she find herself looking away from their conjoined hands. "I'm glad I met you too!" The young Avatar smiled, staring into her date's beautiful golden eyes. The way the light seemed to catch them only made Bailey more striking. "I'm...very glad that I got to be the first person to meet you. You're an amazing person, Bailey. You're so smart, pretty... Sometimes I just wanna know so much about you, your hobbies, a-and your family! Likes, dislikes! But every time I look at you..." Cyan eyes roamed Bailey's face, the pale skin that only made her numerous freckles pop. Fuzzy red hair that she just wanted to stroke. Even her nose was cute, how does that happen?! Realizing that she'd trailed off from what she was saying, Korra's gaze dropped down with a small laugh.

"I get all tongue-tied and forget what I was gonna say. Like that! I...I really wanna make this work. I wanna be there for you."
    Bailey and Creamer
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:10 pm

Bailey watched as Korra’s own blush deepened. Oh, she was just…she was so amazing to the redhead, even when she was a flustered goof. She flashed that crooked grin that always managed to make Bailey melt and Bailey, well, melted. She had planned out dates before, sure, but never with someone that she felt as invested in as she did with Korra. She had time with Korra, and a level of emotional understanding that for the longest time Bailey was unsure she’d ever be able to achieve with another person. She just…she felt like she got the Avatar. Seeing how self-sacrificing she was, seeing the weight of her imposed burden, seeing the beautiful and strong and intelligent woman beneath that title of “Avatar”. It had taken Bailey a while to realize just how….intimate, her feelings were. What she thought was simple admiration and a crush had quickly revealed itself to be much deeper, much more meaningful. Each moment planned with Korra felt like a moment living just like she wanted to: Happy, surrounded by someone she cared for.

Her cheeks pulled into a smile as she nodded. ”I’m really excited to be shown those spots! Aw, I bet you know all sorts of cool places. I bet we might even find a few cool places! You know like in movies, where people just stumble upon cool things because they’re out looking for something else? That could happen to us!” The woman allowed a giggle to leave her at Korra’s statement of her family’s stupidity. ”Yeah, probably! Drama and stupidity tend to go together a lot.” The woman felt a swell of joy at Korra’s reflected enthusiasm over their potential travels and meeting of mermaids. Wouldn’t that be amazing? She couldn’t help but wonder at what kind they would be. Would it be like in The Little Mermaid? What about Selkies? What about like in Peter Pan-oh…

”Well, we’ll just have to be careful! Some stories about mermaids have them acting uh…um, pretty ah, drown-y. Lots of drowning.” She grimaced a little before shrugging. ”But who knows! They might be really nice, too! And that’s even if we find them. So, just, you know! Something to look out for.” She squinted her eyes, considering as she kept the pressure on her hand. ”Couldn’t you just…bend the water out of your lungs, if you did start drowning? I mean, I bet it would still be AWFUL so maybe, don’t try, but theoretically?”

Bailey offered an apologetic grin as Korra tended to her. Even though the burn of embarrassment was still with her, the redhead couldn’t help but feel just the tiny bit pleased that she was getting this sort of closeness with the bender. Better nip that right in the bud, there. That road lead to worrying places. ”I’ll do my best! It’d get pretty annoying if I’m just getting hurt all the time. That’d really suck. So I guess you’ll have to stop, ah, dazzlin’ me with your beauty! So that I don’t…hurt myself…oh my god that was stupid.” Bailey felt the blush of humiliation spread across her face.

The feeling of Korra’s hand holding her own, though, snapped her out of it. She her own fingers gently squeezed around Korra’s hand even as she felt the stinging in her palm. It was more important, in that moment, to return the gesture. She smiled at the Avatar, like she always found herself doing whenever Korra was around. As Korra spoke she felt more happiness light up inside of her, filling her up with warmth that just spread throughout her entire being.

Eugh. He shuddered, grimacing. Couldn’t she keep herself under control for one night? He was doing his best to ignore the idiots, but the woman was making it practically impossible. Three massive black eyes rolled in their sockets as he turned his attention back towards the horizon. He could just make out the beginnings of stars in blue-pink of the sky. At least he had something interesting to distract himself with.

She felt her eyes tear up slightly as she looked at Korra. Her lip was pinched between her teeth, worried by something other than the anxiety that plagued her when she didn’t understand completely what was happening. But even though she didn’t fully understand this, how quickly she had fallen, it didn’t make her nervous. Not even a bit. Every time she looked at Korra, she just….

”I, I want to make this work, too. I want to be there for you, too! A-And talk with you, and spend time. I want to be a part of your life and, and I want you so badly to be a part of mine. I-I just…” Her pocket burned. Her hand burned. The fire burned. There was a lot of burning going on, but none of it felt as hot as her face and the pit of her stomach did at that point. She looked away from Korra’s enthralling eyes, down at her lap before back at the ocean. Oh my god it was happening. This was not according to plan THERE WAS NO PLAN ANYMORE, MAKE IT OR BREAK IT. Bailey shifted her butt in the sand, stretching out her leg to access her pocket with the hand not currently injured.

”K-Korra, I, I ah-, I-I just, um, I just wanted to know, if uh, if you would uh-“ She swallowed as her now-sweaty fingers finally grasped the black cord in her pocket. She pulled it into her palm, feeling the soft curve of the wooden turtles against her skin. ”Korra, would you-OH GEEZE” As she turned, Bailey’s hand clenched too hard. The wooden beads popped right out from her sweaty palm, sending the entire arrangement of the bracelet towards the fire. ”AHHH!” OH GOD WHY

Heh

The bracelet hit the dirt, just barely out of range from the fire’s bed. The lacquer that she coated the small, teal turtle beads with reflected the orange and yellow of the flames. They sat there, innocently and yet so heavily to Bailey’s gaze. Her eyes flicked back to Korra, to the turtles, and she promptly proceeded to vomit.

”Korrawouldyouwannagosteadywithmelikewithdating?” Words, thankfully. She just vomited words. For now. The blood proceeded to both drain from and fill her cheeks. She was caught somewhere between split-second courage, existential terror, deep affection, and nausea. Yeah, this was probably what love felt like all the time.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:02 pm

"I actually know hot spring in the mountain we could go to! Maybe when winter comes...we could go check it out together!" Korra offered with a casual shrug of the shoulders, smiling. Especially while sitting next to this warm fire, the idea was a cozy one. Just the two of them, seeking escape from the cold together. And perhaps finding things along the way! "Sure, I love unplanned surprises like that! Makes the trip even more exciting." Drama and stupidity definitely went hand in hand, and the young Avatar couldn't help but be reminded of a little bout of 'drama and stupidity' she'd been a part of back in her world. Hopefully, she could do better here? Bright blue eyes looked Bailey up and down before she nodded to herself. Yes. She would do better here.

Mermaids apparently had the potential to be rather nasty, or so certain tales indicated. The Avatar rose a curious eyebrow, a little interested in the kind of danger a fish woman could possess. Drowning a member of the Water Tribe? The Avatar? Ha! Bailey however...she might be a fair bit more uh...'drownable'. "If we met any, I hope they'd be nice. If they're not, and they try to hurt you, I'll burn them to a crisp!" She boasted with a confident grin. "I've never had the chance to do that to myself. It's easier to pull the water out of somebody else's lungs, but I think I could technically pull it out of my own lungs if I had to!" It definitely wouldn't be a graceful show of waterbending.

The apologetic grin was waved off. It wasn't like they were two for two on dates and injuries, after all! The familiar sensation of helping tend to a wound was soothing, yet she definitely didn't wanna make this a regular thing. Such a dorky rebuttal earned Bailey a soft laugh and grinned playfully. "I can try to be less dazzling, but I make no promises!" Could Bailey truly ignore the twinkle in Korra's crystal blue eyes, the sideways grin the twitched at her lips? The muscles in her stature, the way the Avatar carried herself? The redhead was already a goner, and so too was the young Water Tribe woman. Right about now would be a good time to gather some water and make with the healing, but she was unable to help herself. She just enjoyed the feeling of her date's hands on her own, brushing her fingertips against the other's knuckles.

Quietly, she waited as Bailey gathered her own thoughts and began to speak. Every word only made her blush more, Korra grinning as smoothly and kindly as if this was any other date. As if her date hadn't cut her hand open and they were still working on that. Even though they were seated on the beach, before a fire, it felt to her like Lunette's lovely Tavern. Everything Bailey was saying sounded...intense. Yet, it was the same way she herself felt! She wanted to be a part of the redhead's life, she wanted Bailey in her own life! Eyes widening with interest, gaze centered entirely on her date's face as she continued to stutter and stumble over herself until-! Something went flying out of her pocket, zipping towards the fire! Korra only had enough time to lean back, as if avoiding the mysterious projectile, and blinking dumbly towards the flames. Whatever it was, had avoided being burnt to a crisp and instead landed in the sand! Korra took in the sight, a bracelet with carved turtles, before looking back at a very anxious Bailey.

”Korrawouldyouwannagosteadywithmelikewithdating?”

Several moments passed in silence as Korra's brows furrowed. In her mind, she roamed over the rush of words and tried to dissect them as best she could. Definitely her own name in the beginning, there! Wouldyowana...would you wanna? Go steady...with me...like with dating? The Avatar blinked, weren't they already dating? Until, of course, relization. Bailey, if she was reading this right, did not mean the dating they had done up to this point. She meant...dating dating. Going steady! She smiled widely, but decided to ask for clarification. "You mean...exclusively? Just me and you. You and me?" Reaching over for the incriminating evidence, the turtle bracelet, she scooped it up with her fingers and held it out for them both to see. Again, Korra was all smiles. "If you help me put this on, then yes. Of course! I'd love to go steady with you, Bailey!" How could she say no to such a lovely dame?
    Bailey and Creamer
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:59 pm

”Oooh! Hotsprings! Oh! They might have the monkeys in them! I always liked those monkeys, they were so cute!” She loved those monkeys. True, she had only actually seen them in a National Geographic article and in cartoons (they somehow always stole women’s clothes. That was pretty weird but she mostly just ignored that part) but she was enamored with them all the same. Plus, who knew! There were all kinds of things here, who knows what they might find! ”What sort of things did you find in the hotsprings? Were there little monkeys?” She was really hung up on those monkeys, huh.

Bailey grinned happily, unable to even try to temper her excitement over going out on adventures with Korra. Just the thought of facing new surprises, new experiences, well! Well it just made her feel all warm, and nervous. But a good kind of nervous. The kind of nervous energy that she got when something new was happening but good as well. Like when she would keep trying, keep practicing to learn how to act around people. It was scary, it could go badly, but she was so much looking forward to it. She wanted to spend every adventure with Korra.

Her smile turned warm, affectionate, as Korra promised that she would defend Bailey against any less-than-amicable mermaids. ”I know you would. I bet you could take on anything! But, you know, it might be rude to intrude on their space and then attack them. So maybe we could, uh…hm. How would we communicate with mermaids without insulting them?” The freckled woman let her fingers drift across the sand, considering this.

The blush bloomed at Korra’s not-quite-promise to be less dazzling. ”Honestly, I-I don’t think I’ll ever not be dazzled by you.” It was true. Before coming to the decision that she wanted to ask Korra to go steady, Bailey had tried to imagine what it would be like. Seeing Korra early in the morning, before she had gotten herself together. Taking care of Korra while she was sick. All of these things, and more, all built to test if she thought she could ever stop being amazed. Even thinking about Korra losing her temper, or being temporarily cruel, she couldn’t imagine Korra not feeling so awful or doing her best to make things right. She couldn’t imagine a future without her feeling in awe of Korra, without her appreciating Korra every day. She wanted that future.

So, of course, she would fuck it up when she went to ask Korra to share that future with her.

Bailey waited with a cold, sinking dread at the silence. Oh boy, had she asked? Did she just have a very vivid hallucination about asking Korra? WAS SHE EVEN HERE-

”You mean…exclusively? Just me and you. You and me?”

Bailey managed a nod, still feeling almost paralyzed. Korra’s smile just then registered on her brain, breaking her from the panic-induced paralysis. She looked, watching as Korra picked up the bracelet from where it had landed in the sand. Just the thought of that not being enough, of ruining her proposal before it even started. To be fair, she didn’t need the bracelet, not really. But it was still important to her to have it. She looked down at it as Korra held it out, blinking in what she was pretty sure looked like a dumb way.

”If you help me put this on, then yes. Of course! I’d love to go steady with you, Bailey!”

Bailey blinked, confused, before her entire face seemed to light up. From her lips to her eyes, a great big smile overtook her expression. Her shoulders jumped as she scooted closer, gold eyes glittering in the firelight. ”Of course! Yeah! This is super great! Yes! Good!” Oh man she was rambling but SHE COULDN’T CARE. Korra! Korra was wanting to be with her as much as she wanted to be with Korra. That was…that was amazing. That was better than amazing! The beaming woman took the bracelet gently from Korra’s hand, then took hold of Korra’s wrist with careful fingers. She looked up into those eyes, pausing for a moment. ”Love you.” Her fingers tied the knot, securing the bracelet to the Avatar’s wrist.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:07 am

"Monkeys?" Apparently, hot springs in Bailey's world seemed known for having monkeys in them! Who knew, right? They sure sounded cute though, the way they seemed to excite the redhead was enough to make Korra smile. "If there were any monkeys, we must have spooked them away! I didn't see any little critters, but the mountains and the snow were amazing. And that hot water was exactly what the doctor ordered!" When you were fatigued from a journey into the caves, a warm soak was a welcome respite! "It was really pretty. Maybe when we go, we can be really quiet in case there are any monkeys!" What an adorable idea! If nothing else, there had to be some other sort of critter lurking around!

Smiles looked absolutely lovely on Bailey's face! The way her freckles crinkled and stretched, and how the flames that brought out her golden eyes! Lovely curly hair, framed in shadow and yet so distinctive! Seeing such warmth in the redhead, such a contrast to how sickly and frightened she looked before, it made Korra's heart swell and her guts get fluttery. She would absolutely punch anything that tried to hurt Bailey! But uh, the other woman had something of a point. It wouldn't be very 'Avatar' to march in and attack innocent creatures. ...People? The thought made her brows furrow. "Mermaids would talk, right? Or would they...make fishy noises?" They may have those human halves going on, but you never know! There was that scaly tail to consider. "Whether they talk or not, you're right! It's better to try and be diplomatic, right?" The Avatar shrugged, giving the redhead a confident grin. Only after those plans fell through could Korra flex her muscles and save Bailey with flair.

Crimson spread through the redhead's cheeks, coloring them and making those exotic spots pop even more. Grin turning lopsided and a little dorky, Korra nevertheless tried to be flirty as she leaned closer to the other. "Yeah? Then I guess that makes two of us. Cause you're remarkable to me and all you're doing is sitting by a fire!" Such fiery colors really did make Bailey's features pop, a detail to be remembered for the future no doubt! For now, the young woman from the Water Tribe was tempted to get closer. Perhaps a nice lean into her date's side, or even a kiss! The only thing that kept Korra at bay was that Bailey was attempting to stutter something out, looking adorable even as she left the Avatar wondering what she was up to.

With the cat out of the bag, thanks to a certain bracelet, Bailey's fear wasn't quite as adorable now. The young woman looked ready to flee, or perhaps just become a panic-stricken statue from now to eternity! Korra gave her answer, along with her semi-joking 'conditions' for their relationship, and that terror fell away like a prickly cocoon. In its place was a beautiful smile, a great sort of joy written all over her date--no. Her girlfriend's face. This smart, thoughtful, amazing woman was now Korra's girlfriend! She grinned, eyes a little misty as the redhead helped attach the bracelet to her wrist. Bailey's words only seemed to make her emotional, a soft sniff coming from Korra before she surged forward, both arms wrapped around her in a hug. "I love you too!" It felt wonderful to really say it out loud! She pressed a soft kiss to Bailey's cheek, face lingering close even after the smooch. The Avatar seemed to be stuck somewhere between giggling and crying! "The bracelet's great. Such cute little turtles!" She paused, bracelets like that took time, right? "S-so how long have you been planning this?"

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:30 am