Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Date 2 - Beach Boogaloo

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Date: 6/16/0008
    Time:  8:09 PM

”Sweepin’, sweepin’, gotta sweep for bugs and lil’ rocks that hurt!”  Bailey continued on with her off-pitch, off-beat, sorry excuse for a song as she wiggled around with a makeshift broom of palm fronds.  They were far enough away from the beach to not worry about much sand, but she had read that you should ALWAYS sweet a campsite. She didn’t remember why, but the one time she had been camping (sleeping in the back yard counted, dammit) she slept on a rock at her hip and it had left a dent. A dent! She refused to let herself, and especially her girlfriend, have any dents.

…of course, Korra hadn’t agreed to be her girlfriend. That might be due to Bailey’s failure to actually………ask……..

The redheaded, golden-eyed woman took a nervous swallow before continuing on humming and sweeping the ground where the shelter was going to go. Far away enough to get rock, close enough to still see the beach and hear the waves. The perfect spot! …unless Bailey had misjudged where the tide was going to end up and they ended up covered in seawater. The woman took a look back at the gently lapping waves of the ocean and the ground beneath her feet. There were some grasses, a few trees rooted nearby. They would probably be fine!  For a moment, she had the urge to ask Creamer if he knew anything about it. The past few days had been strange for the both of them.  Talking with Prixlezub, actually putting effort into understanding each other? It had been weird. Really, really weird. But that was still okay, in a way. It was almost nice.

Weirdly enough, Creamer hadn’t said a word. After running alongside the great strides of Naga (Bailey felt her cheeks warm as she remembered the way she had to cling around Korra’s middle to keep from falling off, pressed flushed against her back and OH MY GOD back on topic) the demon had just…sat at the coast. Slightly in the water, staring out into the ocean. Not a single thing said since. With someone else that would be concerning, but the woman figured he had every right to just sit and stare if he wanted to. They had both lost something important in coming here. If he wanted and needed his space, who was she to take that from him? Regardless, Bailey was honestly surprised that the demon hadn’t asked her to summon Prixlezub for him to talk to. She figured that’s what the bracelet currently attached to her hand was for, wasn’t it? If he needed someone to talk to? But yet Aulaam had remained silent, and Bailey thought it best to respect his lack of a wish.

Plus, she had plenty to worry about herself right now.

A small trinket practically burned the woman from where it lay in the pocket of her shorts. It was a simple little thing, made of wooden beads and black string, but it felt incredibly heavy. She had spent days carving each turtle, even messing up a few and putting them away for later use. A quick application of some paint, some sealant and…there she had it. A simple, durable bracelet that one woman intended to give another. And, maybe with that giving, she would…well she would…

She would ask Korra if she wanted to go steady.

”Oh my god I’m going to die.”  Bailey felt her grip tighten on her makeshift broom, seized for a moment by a grip of panic. She did not notice a certain demon looking over at her before dismissing her reaction as, correctly identified, over-thinking. Still, Bailey was practically powerless against the thoughts. What if Korra didn’t want to go steady? What if she saw this bracelet as a bribe? What if she gave Korra the bracelet, asked her, and then Korra said no?  Honestly the possibility that Korra would say “no” was so high that really she should just call this whole thing off!

…except that, they were on a date. Korra had even let Bailey ride on Naga in order to get them to this beach.  Korra had confirmed, multiple times, that she wanted to date her. Korra had even confirmed that her feelings for the fussy redhead were…more than like. With a shake of her mop of hair, Bailey took her determination and held it fast. This would be fine, it would go great! It’d be a fun camping trip for the both of them, by the beach, having a good time. And at the end of it, she’ll give Korra the bracelet and ask her if she wanted to go steady. It would be fine.  

Finally satisfied with her internal worries and her sweeping, Bailey turned around towards where Korra was setting up their fire. “Do you want to try for fishing, or just eat some of the picnic foods? …did we even bring fishing gear? Do you need fishing gear? Can you just like,” She took this moment to wave her hands about a bit, palm frond and all, ”bend a fish? Can that happen?”
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Re: Date 2 - Beach Boogaloo

Post by Korra on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:10 am

Korra and Bailey had exchanged many ideas for potential dates in the future, but camping hadn't been one of them! Not that the Avatar was upset! If anything, when Bailey had asked to go camping it had been a surprise for her. They wouldn't be camping for just a night either, and the two had prepared for a nice couple of days by the beach. Riding out together on Naga's back had brought a giant grin on her face that refused to leave even as she was collecting sticks. Her cheeks were beginning to ache but she still felt incredibly happy! Ideas were buzzing in her skull even as she pulled up another stick to join the bundle in her arms. They could fish together, swim together... Maybe she could create a block of ice and they could go surfing together! A dark blush spread across her cheeks as she kneeled down and began to stack the sticks together in a triangular formation. Nearby, the trusty polar bear dog was taking a well-deserved nap.

As she moved the sticks about, Korra snuck a glance at Bailey. The lovely redhead had created a broom out of palm fronds to sweep the area that would be their tent area. She had offered to create a tent for them both using her earthbending and the idea had made her date excited. The other woman was always eager to see her use her bending, which reminded her of the upcoming talent show. Oblivious to Bailey's little surprise, the Avatar began to plan her own as she created their campfire. Palms flattening upon her own knees, she checked out the little pit. Sticks, a bit of the same palm fronds Bailey had found...yep! It looked ready to ignite! A hand rose, fingers pressed together about to snap, but that was when her date spoke up.

"I think using some of our picnic food is fine! It's a little late for fishing now, but we'll have more time to fish tomorrow." Perhaps they could roast hot dogs or even marshmallows? Grin turning lopsided, she watched Bailey pantomime bending a fish and was unable to hold back a small chuckle. "I can't bend the actual fish, but I can bend the water around a fish!" She boasted proudly. "When I fish, I keep a careful watch of the fish beneath the water. When they swim closer to the surface, I pull the water around the fish up and out of the ocean. I guess it's cheating if you think about it, but it is pretty handy!" With a wink she turned her attention back to the fire. Who needs a match when you can create flames?

Snap!

Friction between her fingertips at the snap generated a spark that flickered out to the pile and ignited the sticks and fronds with a crackle. Shifting to sit a safe distance from the fire, Korra turned her gaze back onto Bailey. "How's the sweeping? Find any creepy crawlies?~" She teased with a light laugh. Perhaps after they had a little something to eat, she could create their rock tents and they could start winding down for the evening.
    Bailey and Creamer
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:29 pm

To be fair, Bailey hadn’t come up with the idea for camping all on her own. As soon as she got it in her head, and thought on it for quite a while, about asking Korra to go steady she just KNEW she had to do something special. Sure, going to the movies and the theme-park would be special but in all honesty she wasn’t entirely sure how Korra would enjoy those things! Those are new introductory things, not things that she’s pretty damn sure Korra would be certain to enjoy! How awful would it be if Korra thought the movies were boring, or the theme-park wasn’t as exciting as Bailey made it out to be?  No, it was better to do something that everyone knew, but both still enjoyed. That way they would have a good time and could spend it focusing on one another.

Besides, she was banking a bit on the assumption that camping out in the wilds would give Korra plenty of opportunities to show off. Goodness knows Bailey wasn’t opposed to that.  Not ever. With other people, watching them use their talents all the time would get boring, but with Korra? She was just so sincere, so proud but still somehow humble about it, that Bailey just couldn’t get enough!  She loved it every time Korra talked about what she knew. She loved watching Korra bend, watching Korra talk to Naga, listening as she interacted with the world around them. Sometimes Bailey felt nervous about just how much she liked Korra. She hadn’t ever felt this much this quickly for someone before and, in a way, it was a little frightening.

But then she would spend time with Korra, talk to her and hold her hand, and all of that fear would go away. It just felt so nice and good to be around the other woman. Bailey hoped that feeling would never leave.  Even just looking at her after turning around made Bailey feel nice, how weird was that? ”Okay! I think we can break out the hotdogs tonight, and some chips! Would you want to do marshmallows later?” Not the healthiest things, no, but Bailey was not going to lug around a cooler all the way here to bring things that wouldn’t go bad in a few days. Well, technically the hotdogs could but…whatever! That’s why they were eating them now. And look, Bailey was trying her best. She still wasn’t entirely sure how bending happened and, to her, it shouldn’t be too hard to bend a fish. Korra could bend water and fish had water in them, right? It made sense in her ignorance!  The woman felt her cheeks flush with color as her pantomime got a grin and chuckle from Korra. ”Huh, so it’s like…like an invisible cage trap? Or forming a cage around the fish, but with water?” Damn, that sounded scary for the fish. Was there any way to defend against that at all, other than just not wandering near where Korra could bend? That was a bit like cheating, now that Bailey thought about it more! ”Well, personally if I was a fish I think I’d rather get bent to get hunted, than to get poisoned or ripped apart by something.” It had been a while since Bailey had thought about what life as a fish would be like. And then she got a wink, and all the world went rosy for a moment. Damn, she was in deep.

Snap! ”Ooooh!” With a helpless grin, Bailey clapped her hands together with her enjoyment as the fire sparked from Korra’s fingers. That would be cool no matter how many times she saw it, of that Bailey was sure.  With the fire going, Bailey set her makeshift broom away from where she figured they would be sleeping and went over to where she had set down her pack. Filled with a change of underwear, a swimsuit (which she had wrestled from the closet after many humiliating outfits which would never be spoken of again), some sunscreen, and the aforementioned hotdogs, chips, and marshmallows. These she brought out with a smile as she turned back to Korra, walking over with the food in her hands and holding it up happily. ”Well, I didn’t find any creepies other than a few spiders, but I found a few crawlies! They were little crabs, so cute!” Bailey grinned happily before kneeling down on her toes and knees next to the fire. ”Oh, shoot, skewers. I forgot to pick them up. Uuuuh…could we take apart the fronds, do you think?”
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Korra's feelings for Bailey were quite intense as well, though for her that wasn't a very new concept. After all, it didn't take much time for her to develop a crush on Mako. The main difference now would be the lack of a love triangle (...for the most part) and Bailey's instant reciprocation of the affection! In fact, Bailey had been crushing on her first! Once she had been made aware of the crush, it didn't take long for the young Avatar to notice how pretty and smart the redhead was. Adorable, incredibly eager, bursting with interesting thoughts and perspectives. Miss Bailey had managed to wiggle her way into Korra's heart and mind, and it meant this weekend would be all the sweeter. True, they had only known each other for a month but...it still felt right somehow. This was...fun! Even thinking about future dates with Bailey brought a smile to her face.

Hot dogs and chips with marshmallows for dessert. A true campsite dinner! A pink tongue darted out, licking at her own lips hungrily. "Mmm... I can definitely go for some hot dogs and chips! Roasting some marshmallows later sounds like the perfect thing to eat before we sleep!" The healthiest food before bed? Nah. But certainly tasty! Before she could ponder what kind of chips they'd be eating, she was distracted by Bailey's attempt to understand bending used for fishing. "A trap made of water is about right, that's the closest to it I think! I've gone fishing the normal way before too but...I like using my water bending." Korra paused, regarding the other woman curiously before she turned the conversation back towards her with a soft smile. "Have you ever gone fishing before?" If not, maybe she could give the redhead some pointers! At the pondering of which method a fish would prefer to be caught, she couldn't help a laugh despite the morbid subject at hand. "With those choices, I'd take being lifted out of the ocean too!" Life was certainly hard for the scaly critters at the bottom of the food chain.

Bailey's curiosity and utter glee could be so contagious at times. Korra was sure she was never gonna get over the surprised delight on her date's face everytime she bent an element. It made her that much more hopeful that she could one day show Bailey her airbending powers. Perhaps even pop into the Avatar state and show her the extent of her powers! ...On second thought, maybe the glowing eyes would freak her out. As the slightly older woman gathered up their food, Korra turned her back to the other briefly to tend to the fire. The orange flames light up their impromptu campground, shadows dancing across the ground. Sensing Bailey's approach, she peeked over a shoulder at her. "Aaw! You think they might have been baby crabs?" She'd definitely take a few crabby visitors to their campground over the spiders! No offense of couse, but crabs weren't exactly venomous. Now what was this about palm fronds? She hummed in thought, considering their options. "Maybe...it might catch on fire but maybe we could test a front, see how it holds up being held over the flames? It's worth a shot!" Too bad she wasn't a woodbender.
    Bailey and Creamer
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer Today at 12:07 am

Bailey, had she been privy to Korra’s thoughts, would have been very pleased with the lack of a love triangle. She had liked Nessa, very much so, at first. But further interactions with the woman had shown Bailey that Nessa, in all honesty, had some growing up to do before Bailey could even consider reciprocating her feelings.

And even with Bailey being fairly, fairly sure that she was polyamorous, she really couldn’t imagine herself ever liking someone as much as she liked Korra. It was as if every moment her thoughts were at least a little tied to the bender (much to Creamer’s often-voiced disgust) and, even though she had often criticized romantic relationships in books and movies for showing the same thing, she didn’t much mind it. It was nice to think about Korra.  Considering what she was up to, remembering their conversations, all of those things made Bailey feel very happy. A warm sort of happiness that seemed to grow up somewhere in her intestines. Her stomach butterflies apparently liked to migrate, she might want to get that checked out.

ANYWAY.

Bailey couldn’t help but grin as Korra licked her lips. It wouldn’t be a very good dinner, but it would probably be a fun dinner! And a dinner that required a bit of good ol’-fashioned problem solving, what with cooking the hotdogs.  ”I think it’ll be really tasty! I didn’t think to bring graham crackers or chocolate, but I like the marshmallows on their own! …I, also didn’t bring hot dog buns. I might not have thought this through very well.” The woman ended her statement with growing sheepishness, eventually coming to kneel beside the fire and set down the marshmallows to rub the back of her neck in one of her many nervous quirks. ”Sorry, Korra. It looks like I’ll have to make you a proper hotdog later.” She spoke with an apologetic grin before nodding along to Korra’s statement about the water bending fishing. ”Well, I can’t really blame you! I’ve been fishing and while I liked the bonding part of fishing, but wow it could get really boring. I think the most exciting thing that ever happened to me when I was fishing was one time during a fishing trip with my uncle. That was before we really knew each other, but there’s plenty of time to get to know each other when you’re fishing together!  And, maybe they were baby crabs? I couldn’t tell, there wasn’t a whole lot of light, but potentially, sure!”  She grinned, getting up and going on over towards where she had seen a green frond laying on the sandy soil near a tree. Bailey figured that a green one might be less likely to catch fire than a more dried-out one. Bringing it back towards the fire, and Korra, Bailey once again sat down and crossed her legs as she brought the frond into her lap.

”Well, there was one time that my uncle caught a fishing hook in the back of his neck while casting, but I wasn’t there for that! On our first trip out, the water in the lake was really, really clear, because they had an invasive species of mussels there that were filtering the water too much!”  Bailey tilted the huge leaf in her lap, frowning, before starting to very carefully try to rip off some of the outer leaves. Korra would probably be able to do a quicker job of de-leafing the frond, but it never occurred to Bailey to explain her plan to use the stem of the plant to pierce the hotdogs and hold them over the fire, even if horizontally. It’d be awkward to hold it, but it might work?  Worst comes to worst she was okay with just tossing the meat into the fire directly. She liked it when they were burnt!

”So, we were on the boat and right above this big group of lake grass, and I saw this huge shadow moving through it!” The woman looked up and moved her hands apart to emphasize the size of this shadow. ”It was just pushing everything aside, I thought it was a shark! But then it came into the sunlight and it was this HUGE carp, maybe 4 feet long! Oh, it was so gorgeous!”  With a smile, Bailey moved back to trying to tear off some of the leaves as she recalled the event. ”We didn’t have the gear to even try to catch it and, honestly, I didn’t want to. I thought that maybe it was something like a guardian of the lake, it was so beautiful. Like every scale was a little foggy mirror, almost. Oh, it was so pretty, Korra! I wish I could show you but I’m preeetty sure that the fish didn’t make it over here.”  She grinned up towards Korra and pulled on a leaf, wincing sharply as she yanked her hand away with a hiss.  She had gripped too tightly and moved her hand too soon, leading to the edge of one of the fronds to slice into the crease of her fingers. ”Of course it’s going to be a leaf, not a fire bit, that I get hurt by.”  The woman frowned and opened up her hand, wincing as the skin from the cut spread open and a line of blood started to form.  ”Aw, dangit…”  The palm frond lay forgotten in her lap.

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:52 pm