Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

Children are a Blessing (Tag: Zurg, Red, Liz)

[ADPT.] Liz Sherman
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Re: Children are a Blessing (Tag: Zurg, Red, Liz)

Post by [ADPT.] Liz Sherman on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 am

“That too,” Liz admitted with a small smile before turning back to Erin.

“We were merely concerned for you, Erin. We’ve heard stories of the sort in our line of work... stories that have never ended well, I’m afraid.”
    [INACT.] Erin Frame
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by [INACT.] Erin Frame on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:13 am

“No, no, don’t apologise. It’s all right. We were just worried that”—she cast another look at Hellboy, who half-shrugged, before turning back to Erin—“something might have gone wrong, that’s all.”
    Erin looked up and cocked her head, curious. Something might have gone wrong…?

Then Liz proceeded to explain. Erin still felt dumb for doing something as big as a blessing without permission, but at least the parents weren’t upset or anything.

“We were merely concerned for you, Erin. We’ve heard stories of the sort in our line of work... stories that have never ended well, I’m afraid.”
    “Huh,” Erin said quietly, unconsciously holding Trevor a bit closer. “So… blessings can backfire… like curses?” She slightly shifted her hold on the baby and started to rock softly in place, mulling over what she’d just learned. “I’ve heard stories about Christians who were cursed by people who practiced witchcraft, and that the curses never worked, because the Christians were covered by the blood of Christ. Maybe… maybe that’s kind of the same thing, here. Maybe blessing the twins could still hurt somebody, but it can’t backfire on me because I’m… protected.” She shrugged.

She wanted to quip that she had the guts to bless Hellboy, but figured it best left alone. At least for now.
    [ADPT.] Mira Nova
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by [ADPT.] Mira Nova on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:16 am

“Well, that would be cool,” Mira murmured. She peered over Erin’s shoulder at the baby in her arms. “Hi, sweetie,” she said softly. “How’re you?”
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:17 am

Hellboy couldn’t help but laugh out loud at that. “I had this sudden mental image of it backfiring on Zurg for some reason. But of course, that’s not how it works.” He eyed Erin with a peculiar glint in his yellow eyes. “You do have a kind of strange aura about you,” he admitted. “I could tell from the moment we first met.”

Trevor cooed at Mira, wiggling his little hoofsies and squirming slightly in Erin’s grip. It was obvious that Trevor was the quieter of the two twins, but equally curious about his surroundings.
    [INACT.] Erin Frame
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by [INACT.] Erin Frame on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:56 am

Hellboy couldn’t help but laugh out loud at that. “I had this sudden mental image of it backfiring on Zurg for some reason. But of course, that’s not how it works.”
    “Oh, but that would be fun to see,” Erin laughed.

He eyed Erin with a peculiar glint in his yellow eyes. “You do have a kind of strange aura about you,” he admitted. “I could tell from the moment we first met.”
    Erin shifted self-consciously. “Really?” It was a little bit humbling that her faith could be so strong that it would… “You could sense that?”
    [ADPT.] Mira Nova
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by [ADPT.] Mira Nova on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:59 am

Trevor cooed at Mira, wiggling his little hoofsies and squirming slightly in Erin’s grip. It was obvious that Trevor was the quieter of the two twins, but equally curious about his surroundings.
    “Aww,” Mira cooed back, wearing a gooey sort of smile. Yup, babies turned even the Princess-Ranger of Tangea to mush. “Baby boy.”

She looked up at Erin, an unspoken question in her eyes. Erin shook her head, grinned, and carefully shifted Trevor into Mira’s arms. Mira didn’t look half as natural as Erin had, but she obviously knew what she was doing. “They’re so adorable,” she said sincerely.
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 am

“Not for Zurg it wouldn’t,” Hellboy chuckled.

But his laughter died as his gaze refocused on Erin.

“Kind of, yeah,” he admitted. “It’s not so much a sense of faith as it is a sense of... purity, you could say.” He suppressed a small sigh. “Father Kelly was like that too—great man.”
    [ADPT.] Liz Sherman
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by [ADPT.] Liz Sherman on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:20 am

“Thanks,” Liz smiled, watching Trevor squirm a bit in Mira’s grip until he got comfortable. He gurgled something, then focused his eyes on his spit bubbles, obviously finding them very amusing.
    [INACT.] Erin Frame
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by [INACT.] Erin Frame on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:05 am

“Kind of, yeah,” he admitted. “It’s not so much a sense of faith as it is a sense of... purity, you could say.” He suppressed a small sigh. “Father Kelly was like that too—great man.”

“Purity – Erin?” Mira echoed, in a yeah-right kind of tone.

Erin gave her a dirty look, then turned back to Hellboy. “Father Kelly? Who was he?”
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 am

“Don’t laugh, Mira,” Hellboy said defensively. “I’m serious.”

His expression changed when Erin addressed him. “Father Edward Kelly. Met him back in ’61. Wonderful guy. Liked his sermons.” He looked down at Eona, not really paying attention to the fact that she had begun to play with his tail again.

“Toughest guy I ever worked with,” he continued, musing. “We did a twelve-day exorcism together in Phoenix back in ‘93. Nearly cost him an eye.” A faint smile played about his lips. “I told him that if he could make it through that he’d survive anything.”

But the smile soon faded. “He was killed in Griart, a year later. Mauled by a damn werewolf. Out of some sick, twisted idea of revenge.” He gritted his teeth. “Ed didn’t deserve that. Hell, no one deserves something like that.”
    [INACT.] Erin Frame
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by [INACT.] Erin Frame on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:53 pm

“Don’t laugh, Mira,” Hellboy said defensively. “I’m serious.”
    “Weeell, it’s just… Erin… I don’t know that I would have ever thought of her as pure,” Mira defended.

His expression changed when Erin addressed him. “Father Edward Kelly. Met him back in ’61. Wonderful guy. Liked his sermons.” He looked down at Eona, not really paying attention to the fact that she had begun to play with his tail again.
    Erin nodded, not saying a word, letting Hellboy reminisce.
    “Toughest guy I ever worked with,” he continued, musing. “We did a twelve-day exorcism together in Phoenix back in ‘93. Nearly cost him an eye.” A faint smile played about his lips. “I told him that if he could make it through that he’d survive anything.”
    “Wooow,” she smiled.
    But the smile soon faded. “He was killed in Griart, a year later. Mauled by a damn werewolf. Out of some sick, twisted idea of revenge.” He gritted his teeth. “Ed didn’t deserve that. Hell, no one deserves something like that.”
    Pain spasmed across Erin’s face. “That’s horrible,” she murmured. “I’m sorry.” No, no one deserved to be mauled to death like that. No one deserved to be burned to death, either. Memories haunted her brown eyes as her mind’s eye saw Lieutenant Silvastra, burning to death beneath a fallen strut.

“Thanks,” Liz smiled, watching Trevor squirm a bit in Mira’s grip until he got comfortable. He gurgled something, then focused his eyes on his spit bubbles, obviously finding them very amusing.
    Erin smiled at the baby boy, then turned back toward Hellboy and Eona. “Hey, Eona,” she cooed, “you wanna stop messin’ with your daddy and com’ere?” She stretched her arms out invitingly.
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Mon May 03, 2010 8:05 am

“Weeell, it’s just… Erin… I don’t know that I would have ever thought of her as pure,” Mira defended.

“Purity comes in all shapes and sizes,” Hellboy deferred. “Doesn’t necessarily mean that kind of purity, either. Could be selflessness, could be something else.”

“That’s horrible,” she murmured. “I’m sorry.”

“Yeah...” he sighed at Erin’s apology. “What’s worse, though, was that the bastard did it because”—pain flashed briefly across his face—“he has this vendetta or something against God.” He swallowed and shook his head slightly, as if to clear it.

“Hey, Eona,” she cooed, “you wanna stop messin’ with your daddy and com’ere?” Erin stretched her arms out invitingly.

Eona, haven gotten bored at her father not paying attention to her, blinked her big, doleful eyes at Erin and gurgled something happily, half-crawling over to her, her little tail sashaying happily.
    [INACT.] Erin Frame
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by [INACT.] Erin Frame on Tue May 04, 2010 7:56 am

“Yeah...” he sighed at Erin’s apology. “What’s worse, though, was that the bastard did it because”—pain flashed briefly across his face—“he has this vendetta or something against God.” He swallowed and shook his head slightly, as if to clear it.
    Erin’s face twisted. “Just how stupid can people be??” she blurted out. Then she winced. “Sorry, didn’t mean to be that loud around the babies.”

Eona, haven gotten bored at her father not paying attention to her, blinked her big, doleful eyes at Erin and gurgled something happily, half-crawling over to her, her little tail sashaying happily.
    Erin grinned and scooped up the baby girl. “Hey there, Princess! Hi! How are you?”
    Hellboy
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hellboy on Tue May 04, 2010 9:32 am

“It’s okay,” Hellboy said softly, though Eona had started slightly and had hidden behind her father’s coat. “But—to play the devil’s advocate—the guy and his family had been cursed by a monk. Every seven years they’d turn into werewolves. The villagers found out, killed the family—all but him. And all this was like eight hundred years ago or so, so the guy’d been festering on this hate for a pretty long time. Probably drove him crazy...”

He lapsed into silence for several moments before finally saying, “Never really found out what Ed had been doing there. But I freed him. Freed him and the rest of that bastard’s family.” At her questioning look, he added, “Their spirits had been trapped there. So when I killed the guy, they were freed.”

He shook his head. “Still doesn’t fix everything. But it kinda cancels out the hurt.”
    [ADPT.] Liz Sherman
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by [ADPT.] Liz Sherman on Tue May 04, 2010 9:39 am

“I remember that,” Liz said softly. “You’d gone to Griart with Kate—to Saint August. She’d told me what happened, it being her first field mission and all.”

Erin grinned and scooped up the baby girl. “Hey there, Princess! Hi! How are you?”

Eona cooed, reaching up to touch Erin’s hair, her tail wrapping around the woman’s wrist.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:34 am