Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

What A Curious Shop

Post by Gasper on Tue May 23, 2017 7:49 pm

May 1st | Year 7 | 14:45
    Takes place after this thread

Ugh...

Ugh ugh ugh...

Gasper's boots heavily met the sidewalk, the left hand decorated in silver and armor clutched at his chest, his right tightly formed into a fist. The blood inside him, the lust to drink endlessly the life of those around him... it was growing stronger and stronger. He needed to begin his own form of bloodministration--he had to recreate the holy blood that he had few vials left of. It would be... so very hard to create. Would the hospital be able to do it...? They were quite advanced, but he wondered if technology would only muddle and pervert the blood he needed pure. A loud grumbling sigh escaped him, but as his head tilted upwards, looking to the sky and the tall buildings, a sign caught his attention.

Njorth's Nookery.
    A nookery...? Glancing inside, the sight of light and many books were visible to the Hunter, his triangular helmet tilting ever so slightly to the left. The sheathed blade upon his back was made aware of as he attempted to enter the little shop, wondering if perhaps they had something that could assist him. Vials, bottles, fresh ingredients... he could certainly use all of that in this recreation attempt. The thick sheathed blade was removed from his back and placed against a corner near the front door, and he was mindful of his conical helmet as he walked through, glancing around, head moving slowly.

"What could I use..." he pondered aloud as his boots gracefully crossed the floor, being mindful of all around him.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Re: What A Curious Shop

Post by Njorth on Wed May 24, 2017 2:55 pm

Njorth's stomach growled as he waited for his toast to finish. The bologna was already fried. He always like to save the fastest-cooking parts of the food for last. Usually the alchemist tried to avoid having lunch so late, but sometimes he would become too preoccupied with his work to be able to eat lunch at a normal hour. As soon as the perfectly-golden toast popped up, he got to making his masterpiece of a sandwich. Mayonnaise on one slice, mustard on the other. Lettuce, tomato, bologna, and cheese. Now for the pièce de résistance! The sandwich went into the microwave for the cheese to melt. Yum!

The Nord's mouth was practically watering by the time the timer went off. Just as Njorth was about to take the pickle jar out of the fridge, however, he heard the door to the shop open, followed by the sound of boots on the floor. It was probably a customer, or maybe even Amalan. Unfortunately, it would seem that he was going to have to wait just a bit longer to eat his lunch.

As he came into the shop area, he was met with the sight of someone he had never seen before. As such, he could only assume that this was indeed a customer. His helmet proved to be an especially curious sight to Njorth, who wondered how he could even see.

"Looking for anything in particular?" he asked the strange man.
    Gasper
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Gasper on Fri May 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Looking for anything in particular?

Gasper turned his helm to the side, taking a look at the... shop owner, most likely. A tall man, with scraggly hair all over his face and head, eating a... what was it called. A sandwich? The Hunter gazed at the foodstuffs, as if hypnotized, until a tingle up his spine shocked him out of his stupor. "... Hrm." Gasper cleared his throat. "Yes... I'm... looking for vials... maybe a few items to... create elixirs." A lie, but the scruffy man wouldn't know the difference. "A basic set up, you know..." The Hunter glanced around, indicated by the movement of his helm, obviously a little out of his element. There were so few moments the Hunter had that was calm enough like this, he was anxious.

"You wouldn't... happen to have something that could also easily..." he rolled his wrist around, trying to think of a word. "... replicate another substance...?" He must've sounded rather suspicious with his vague wording but... Gasper didn't need people to look at him any more odd than they already did.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Tue May 30, 2017 8:36 pm

"Hmm, alchemy equipment you say?" Njorth stroked his beard, thinking for a moment. "Hold on just a second, if you don't mind. I think I might have what you're looking for."

The alchemist made his way behind the counter. He got on his knees, rummaging the the lower cabinets of the shop display. It did not take him long at all to find what he was looking for. He placed it on the counter for the customer to look at.

"Here we are! This is some of my old alchemy equipment. It's pretty worn, but I'd say that it's still functional. Since it's used, I can give you a discount." The scruffy alchemist scratched behind his head. "I'm not sure if I follow on exactly what you mean by replicating substances, though. Care to elaborate?"
    Gasper
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Gasper on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:31 pm

Gasper only nodded in response as Njorth made his way behind the counter. There was a twitch in the Hunter's fingers, as if trying to ignore an irritable bug bite... he was getting antsy. The city always made him antsy. Too many people, too much blood... Gasper himself also feared for what he had on his person--the ancient blood he so desired to replicate--for it could be devastating if another came into contact with it. Who knew what another human could do, or, worse yet, a monster... the aliens that lived in this city, mixing with the beast blood... a horrid thought, and one Gasper shook off quickly so as not to panic.

Instead, he returned his attention to the shopkeeper, or placed a rather old looking set of alchemy equipment. That was fine. They needn't be in perfect condition, just usable. "I will take them, then." Yes, they'd do well. Maybe a bit of cleaning, so as not to contaminate the Hunter's blood samples he had, which were very few...

Care to elaborate?

No, Gasper wanted to say. That'd be rude, however. "..." The Hunter took in a deep breath, trying to find the right way to word his explanation. "... I have a... special condition. I can only consume a certain substance," he said disdained, though his tone remained the same, "and I need to replicate it before I run out." And, because he knew the bearded man would surely ask what sort of substance it was, the Hunter paused before speaking once more, this time a bit lower in his tone and more hushed. "... It is a dangerous type of blood. Anyone else here who touches or consumes it would become an abomination... so understand, I cannot share any so openly."

As much as he hated telling people of the beast blood he held, it was truly something that should not be shared. Should not even exist...
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:32 pm

Njorth's interest in this strange customer was piqued as he described this "special condition" of his. What he described to the alchemist very much sounded like some form of vampirism. There was no need for the Hunter to worry, though. The alchemist understood his situation, at least somewhat. Njorth's apprentice, Amalan, had confided with him before about his former affliction with vampirism.

"Ah, I see." He sighed. "I wish I could help you with that, but entirely replicating a substance like blood is beyond me. I create potions, you see. I do know, however, that human hearts and flesh do have alchemical properties. That's a can of worms I'm not going to touch, though. I can't even begin to describe the ethical and legal issues surrounding the acquisition of such things, let alone selling potions to customers that contain them without their knowledge. I could never bring myself to do that."

The Nord scratched the back of his head nervously.

"I'm sorry. I went on a bit of a tangent there, didn't I?" How embarrassing. "Has the hospital been of any help to you? They do have a blood bank, I think."
    Gasper
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Gasper on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:00 pm

That was a shame. The bearded Nord could not replicate the substance... Releasing a near inaudible sigh, Gasper's helm tilted forward and down, as if hanging slightly in shame... or disappointment. While the alchemical tools were appreciated and were to be paid for in full, it was discouraging to hear that even one with alchemy training could not begin to understand, nor deal with this beast blood. The mention of flesh and hearts did not make the Hunter's nose curl, instead, taking note of this tone. Such ingredients were common... used in rituals... but this would be dismissed. If only Njorth knew even half the things the conical-helmeted man had seen, had touched, had consumed...

Ugh.
    The Hospital...

The blood there tasted, looked... felt... smelled... horrendously false. The reason was beyond the Hunter, but he knew his body rejected the false blood, having fell ill for seventy-two hours after consuming it. It seemed, despite trying not to delve back into such ceremonies, that Gasper would need to tend to this personally, and with the... freshest of ingredients. But...

"Thank you," he suddenly spoke, thoughts floating away as he focused on the now. "I will just have to make due with the hospital's blood." Though difficult to tell, there was a hint of irritation in his voice. The helmet tilted towards the old supplies Njorth had to offer, and his gloved right hand slipped into one of the pouches that was hooked along his many belts. "How much do I owe...?" Fingers touched a small card hesitantly, still unsure as to what it even was. Some kind of device that held currency, as about all he knew, and so long as it worked, the Hunter would not question it.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:45 am

Oh.

Now that was something Njorth had not considered. Exactly how much did he want for his old equipment? The alchemist had never really anticipated that one day, someone might actually want to take it off his hands. The Nord thought on this for a moment. The equipment was old, probably needed some cleaning. In that case, it was probably worth less than the potions.

"How does 15 credits sound to you?" Njorth asked. "To be honest, I never really actually put a price tag on this equipment. Never thought that anyone else around here might be able to make use of it. So I'm definitely open to negotiate if need be."

This sounded pretty fair to the alchemist, but he didn't really care in the long run. It was just nice to finally be able to have more room in his cabinets.
    Gasper
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Gasper on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:03 pm

15 credits, hm? Those strange bits in his money pouch always threw him for a loop, but they weren't terribly fascinating. They got him what he needed, and in this case, 15 credit for alchemy equipment seemed like a good deal. Passing it up would probably be foolish in his end. "Aye, that's fine." A gloved hand slipped into one of his pouches and took out a 10 bill and 5 credits, Gasper taking a look over them before placing them on the counter. The only road-bump the Hunter saw next was how to carry all the vials and baubles without breaking them...

"Do you perchance have a small box I may use to carry these? I've... nothing." Perhaps he should've thought of that when he came in--but alas... When given a small box, or when the alchemical items were placed in such transport, the Hunter graciously accepted it with a proper bow and a "thank you". Box under his arm and carefully grasped, the Hunter approached and took his greatsword that lay against the wall near the exit. With nary a hint of being encumbered by the swords weight, it was hoist onto his back and "attached" somehow. Exiting the shop and looking down either sidewalk, Gasper let out a very tired and low sigh before beginning his next travels.

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:50 am