Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Building a Coop

Post by Amalan on Tue May 23, 2017 11:10 am

DATE: MAY 21ST, YEAR 8
    TIME: APPROX. 8 AM

Amalan decided to brush up on the blueprints before Njorth arrived to help him on this new project of his. They were a set of plans for a chicken coop, complete with a hopefully predator-proof outdoor area. Some extra measures would definitely have to be taken to prevent the possibility of outside animals digging under it. At this point, the elf was tired of having to walk such large distances to get groceries. Raising his own chickens would certainly get eggs out of the way. Not only that, but chicken eggs also have a rather interesting alchemical property when combined with the right ingredients, that being waterbreathing. That's right, simple chicken eggs could be used in potions that allow the drinker to breathe underwater temporarily. It was a thing that Amalan always wanted to try out, ever since he first learned of it.

The Altmer peered outside briefly, looking at the area he had cleared out for his future coop. Everything seemed to still be in proper order, thankfully. He went out on his porch to get a feel for the day's temperature. Though humid as usual, the air around him felt fairly pleasant. He knew this wouldn't last long, though. It would heat up eventually. That's why he wanted to get as early a start as possible. Hopefully they would have the bare necessities done before then.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Re: Building a Coop

Post by Njorth on Tue May 23, 2017 11:38 am

Despite the large distance he had to traverse, Njorth was actually enjoying himself. It was a beautiful morning which made for a fairly peaceful walk. Eventually the alchemist reached the swamp. He had been to Amalan's place quite a few times before, so it was hardly difficult to find. The elf waved at him from his porch as he came into view.

"Good morning," the Nord greeted him. "I see you've already cleared out an area for the coop. That's great. Might I see your blueprints?"

The Altmer gladly obliged, handing him the papers. Njorth leaned in closely to them, squinting as he read them over.

"Yes, this looks like a wonderful set of plans. You did good with this one," he complimented Amalan.
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:33 pm

"Thank you," Amalan responded. "I liked the fenced in part of this coop. This way, the chickens should be able to go outside without foxes and the like getting to them, hopefully."

The elf thought to himself for a moment. There was something else that he wanted to run by the alchemist, but wasn't exactly sure how he might respond. Still, he supposed that there was only one way to find out, that being to actually ask him.

"Njorth?" the Altmer began. "I told you that I also had plans to start a garden after this coop is done, right? You know, with not just food, but also alchemy ingredients? Well, I found some patches of jarrin root growing near the beach. Would it be possible to grow some here in the swamp?"
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:53 pm

"Wait a second. Amalan, please repeat that. Did you really say jarrin root?" The Nord's apprentice confirmed that he had indeed said what he thought he said. Njorth seemed to be concerned about this development, and rightfully so. "Are you planning on brewing poison out here?"

The alchemist sighed.

"As much as I hate to say it, I can't tell you no. The jurisdiction of the ISOs does not extend this far out. I must ask, though. Are you absolutely certain it was jarrin root and not canis root? The two plants look very similar to each other."

Again, the Altmer confirmed what he had previously said.

"In that case, can you give me an approximate location as to where on the beach you found this jarrin root? Some landmarks would be helpful. I doubt many passers-by would attempt to eat it, as it isn't exactly the most tasty-looking plant out there, but I still think that it would be prudent to warn the locals."

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:07 pm