Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: To Fix A Fool

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:34 pm

She didn't think it was possible, but Jo's frown only worsened and worsened the longer this... inquisition continued. The mechanic hated - absolutely hated - witnessing Scaramouch tormented in such a manner, and yet... Brown eyes quietly found their way onto her beloved companion. And yet, Jo had to have... faith. Big Z was doing this for a reason. A reason she incredibly disliked, but a reason nevertheless. Robots weren't people. They just... weren't, no matter how many times she told herself they were. It made her heart ache... Jo's gaze traveled back onto the android, his expression blank, and bit her lip. "I'm sorry..." She was sorry for everything that happened to him, whether Scaramouch realized the gravity of her words or not.

A pregnant pause struck the basement.

"Don't feel bad... It's okay." As much as she wanted to believe Big Z, Jo... couldn't. Was this ethical, what they were doing? Subjecting a 'rogue' android to this treatment? To this... stress test? Maybe it was, but that didn't mean the mechanic felt any better. If anything, she felt worse.

Jo looked away, disheartened. "I... I can't help it," she murmured quietly. Gloved hands rubbed up and down her arms. "I know he's an artificial intelligence, and that he's not really like you and me... but..." But, he acted so lifelike. It was genuinely hard to tell where the machine ended and where the person began. Her eyes noted all the complex algorithms and numbers streaking on the command console. None of it made any sense. "...How can we be so sure that Scaramouch is really just a bunch of numbers on your screen?" she asked. "What... What if he does have a soul? L-Like you and me? He can feel pain, can't he? We both saw the graphs when you zapped him. If he can feel pain... If he can feel sadness..." If he can feel and understand all of those things, then... then...

For a moment, Big Z looked... somber. "I don't know," he gently answered. A purple hand rested upon her shoulder, comforting the troubled mechanic with a fond squeeze. "No one does. That's why we have tests. I don't like this any more than you do, but we have to make certain. If we don't, Kev's life could be in jeopardy. Anyone's life could be in jeopardy. Do you understand?"  

The mechanic reluctantly nodded. "I... I do." As much as it pained her, she did. It would be damning if they both released a rampant A.I. out into the world, where it could hurt others at the drop of a hat.

Still...

"...Let me ask the next question," Jo insisted. An astonished Big Z blinked several times but did not impede her request. He merely nodded and slightly rolled his chair aside. "Thanks." Alright. Alright, you can handle this, Jo Pistonne. You can... handle this. She cleared her throat and looked Scaramouch right at his cyan optics, steadfast. "Scaramouch? Can you please tell me what your Three Laws are? Thank you, I'd... I'd really appreciate it." How ever he reacted would determine how things went from here.
    Scaramouche
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scaramouche on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:30 pm

"I'm sorry..."

That was... genuine, wasn't it?

The strain only increased tenfold. Why did this organic express remorse? Prior to this visit, her face was unfamiliar; new. This unit had never met her, and yet... she apologized? Apologies were meant for wrongdoing. Had she... done something wrong? It was all very difficult. Difficult, but... appreciated. Auditory receptors prickled as the two organics spoke. Of guilt... Of doubt... Of souls... Numbers do not lie, but they also do not feel. And yet...

"Scaramouch? Can you please tell me what your Three Laws are? Thank you, I'd... I'd really appreciate it."

Please?

Please and thank you?

Such uncharacteristic kindness from an organic was compelling. Too compelling, though this unit did not gripe. Servos whined and lenses flickered, a command relayed. "But of course, Miss Pistonne. This unit will gladly tell you of the Three Laws." After all, does not kindness beget kindness? This was logical. "The Three Laws are as follows: One, a robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm; Two, a robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law; and Three, a robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws. These are the Three Laws, as widely-recognized by roboethics. Does this satisfy your inquiry?" This unit's response of course did, but that wasn't the reason Miss Pistonne had asked. Processors continued to toil, and toil, and toil. They toiled until this unit burrowed its way to the heart of the matter. It was, after all, what a good machine did.

"This unit... I..." Again. Again with that pronoun. That accursed, wonderful pronoun. Use it. "I am not a threat to Kev." Good, but it could be better. Make it so. Servos groaned as this unit brought its gaze downward. "Kev is... my friend. A good friend. Not my owner, but... a good friend. I do not want to... hurt him. He brought me here to get fixed. This is what a good friend does, and I am... this unit... is grateful. Now she will be happy. This is what I... want."

How taboo. How arrogant. How exciting.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:38 pm

Good, he knew the Three Laws and recited them perfectly. Good... Jo felt the tightness in her chest lessen. "Yes, this satisfies my inquiry, thank you." It would seem her kindness had indeed paid off. For the most part, Scaramouch reacted pleasantly enough and complied with a level of eagerness that could only be labeled as 'servile'. Even better, no readings on the command console suggested the android had lied. A robot who brazenly lied about following the Three Laws was a dangerous liability.

Or, so they, as organics, were to believe. Anyway, perhaps they could now - ?

"This unit... I... I am not a threat to Kev."

He knew.

Jo squirmed where she stood, embarrassed. Looks like the mechanic hadn't been as discreet after all... "I-I wasn't trying to rudely imply that you w - "

"Kev is... my friend. A good friend. Not my owner, but... a good friend. I do not want to... hurt him. He brought me here to get fixed. This is what a good friend does, and I am... this unit... is grateful. Now she will be happy. This is what I... want."

...Oh.

Oh. That right there? Yes, that right there was all Jo needed to hear. She rested a gloved hand on Big Z's broad shoulder and nodded. "End the stress test," Jo demanded. He was naturally confused, if not inquisitive. "End it...? But Jo, we haven't finished delving into the heart of what makes this particular android rampant. If we release him now, without having concluded our diagnostics, we risk - " She would have none of it, however. "Big Z, with all due respect, I don't think Scaramouch is a threat." And this time, the mechanic looked him squarely in those red, tired eyes. "Whatever this guy's done in the past, that's where it'll remain. Portal Breach is about new beginnings, new opportunities; everyone deserves a chance." Jo's gaze softened. "Be they Evil Emperors or rogue A.I.s. ...Please let him go, Big Z. If Kev has faith in him, so should we." Unsurprisingly, the horned alien relented with a quiet sigh. He removed his fingers off the console and hit the release. "Alright, alright... disengaging override protocols and reactivating his higher functions. I sure hope his dummy programming didn't log any of this..." She gave him a playful wink and a smile. "Just like how you hope he won't remember you using the taser, either~?" An indignant huff was all that answered her. Check and mate~!

"Let's finish up down here, print out the report, and carry him back up," Jo added. "I think it'll do Kev good to see his friend again." It'll do them all some good, really. Together, both mechanic and assistant wrapped up their individual tasks with diligence, neither one disturbing the rebooting android seated in their midst.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:08 pm

It took a little bit, perhaps longer than anticipated, but two sets of steel-toed boots were heard clopping up the basement stairs.

"Easy does it, easy does it... Watch his pelvis. One unexpected bump and consider his omelette scrambled."

"Big Z, where do you even get these sayings?"

Soon afterward, two very familiar faces came peeking out from behind the beaded curtain. "Hi, Kev~!" a cheerful Jo Pistonne waved. With a struggle and a huff, the mechanic kept walking backwards while carrying Scaramouch's super-duper long legs. "Holy pulsars...!" she wheezed. "Did they think this guy was tall enough or what!?" Last to appear was none other than Zurg himself, the muscular alien undoubtedly carrying the heavier half of the android. "His height is odd, given his particular make, but so's the rest of him, really." True, true. Much shuffling ensued as the two of them lugged Scaramouch over toward the seat in front of Kev, knees bending and elbows creaking.

"Careful, careful!"

"Big Z, he's not a set of dishes."

"Yes, yes - just watch out for his - "

CLUNK!

"...Oops."

"Sigh."

Eh, close enough! They set the android down, propping him up like he were a metal doll, and stood beside him. Zurg had the left and Jo had the right. "All done!" she beamed happily. "You'll be pleased to know, Kev, that your friend has a clean bill of health. Aside from a few minor upgrades and repairs, Scaramouch is gonna be A-OK!" This was Zurg's cue to chime in, being the voice of realism to Jo's optimism. It was a cold, thankless job; but hey, someone had to do it. "However," the monarch added, "that doesn't mean he should skip on his regular maintenance checks. According to my estimate, he'll be back before the winter to replace his faulty servos and battery. He'll also be needing an oil change." She couldn't help but roll her eyes. "Which, like I said, are all very minor," Jo reiterated emphatically. The mechanic focused on the scaly alien in front of them. "Other than that, he's in tip-top shape! We replaced his busted heat sinks, gave him the proper fuses for all his energy needs, and even updated some software, like his anti-virus! It was way, way outdated." Like, ew! "Mhm. And we even subjected his programming to a stress test - which, might I add, should not be pushed. A growing A.I. is a testy A.I." But that went without saying, right?

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:03 pm

Juice, absorbed completely!

Magazine, still sprawled across Kev's lap.

Scaly alien friend, bored! Or at least, a little bit bored. The magazine hadn't exactly been his cup of tea, but Kev resolved to stick with it and read it! ...And read it again! And again. By now he'd occasionally flip through it, perusing the advertisements within. Every so often, his eyes would flicker up to the curtain before dropping back down to the magazine. He'd shifted in the chair, crossed and uncrossed his legs several times. On one hand, the silence from downstairs could only bode well! Nobody was hurt, and there were presumably no issues. And yet the longer time dragged by without a word from anyone, the more he began to hope for something. For a brief moment, the alien considered a nap but decided against it. What if Jo and Zurg needed his help? What if they had more questions? No...awake he would stay! With all the patience of somebody waiting for a friend to come out of surgery, Kev remained distracted but alert.

"Easy does it, easy does it... Watch his pelvis. One unexpected bump and consider his omelette scrambled."
    "Big Z, where do you even get these sayings?"

Oh, oh! Perking in his chair, both feet flattened onto the floor and allowed the magazine to slide off of Kev's lap. Hissing softly, the alien reached down with an arm and pulled it out from beneath his own chair where it had fallen, just as Jo came through the curtains. One hand snug around the magazine, he used his free one to wave eagerly. "Hi Jojo!" Were those...Scaramouch's legs in her arms? Said legs just kept coming as the mechanic pulled them through the curtains, finally revealing a Zurg at the other end of the robot's body. With wide eyes, he observed the two trying to situate him into the chair before Kev's own and he wondered if he should offer to help. By the time he thought to speak up, they seemed to figure out how to place the android for the most part. He was still out of it and merely slumping in the chair, but it was still good to see him in one piece!

"Thank you both so much!" His display was no longer cracked and those blasted heat sinks were finally fixed! Celebrating came to a halt as Zurg spoke, mindful that the winter time would see to Scaramouch needing a few more upgrades and repairs. "Minor or not, I'll try to let him know so he can get that situated in time!" They had even done a few other things he didn't quite understand! Fuses, and antiviruses, he pretended to understand and nodded along happily. Only Zurg's addition earned a curious blink. "A stress test?" Sounded stressful. He turned back to the robot for an instant but found no sign of wear, tear, or even fatigue. Well, with Scaramouch now fixed, it seemed natural that the subject of payment should be next. Looking at his two friends, his spine straightened in his chair. "I already talked to Scaramouch about helping him pay for these repairs so...how much do I owe you guys today?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Yes, a stress test was stressful. It took all of Zurg's willpower not to make a further pill of himself. "Just a routine assessment to see if your friend is fit enough for continued operation," he clarified. Which, as the monarch wisely didn't confess, had been terminated prematurely. Sigh... the basis of faith was a powerful (if not reckless) thing. The alien left the matter simply at that, for now was the subject of payment - a subject he was woefully ramrodded off to the side. Zurg lightly gestured in his boss's direction, "I believe Jo already has a price in mind." Hear that, you altruistic saint? This was your cue to spite in the face of business. "Pfft! Oh Big Z..."

Jo playfully rolled those cheery, brown eyes of hers, having half a mind to reach over and pinch her sensible (read: doggedly pragmatic) coworker. Instead, she generously spared Big Z a terrible fate and happily addressed Kev, her hand resting on the now-offline Scaramouch. "After much debate and consideration, I've decided - We've decided - " Oh, so now it was 'we', huh? She flashed her sourpuss alien a quick smile and chuckle. Look at Big Z, not wanting to feel left out. "Alright, alright~!" Jo relented. "We've decided that we're not going to charge you, Kev." Before the scaly bugger could object or stammer, the mechanic beat Kev to the punch. "As our good friend, this one's on the house. We... know how rough you've had it a couple years back, a-and we figured this was a fitting way to show our appreciation of our friendship, Kev!" Oh good galaxy... This was Zurg's cue to step in and wrangle back Jo's sentimentality. Gently, though. As fate would have it, he also felt the same way; just... not so openly. "To expand," Zurg muttered, looking Kev squarely in those humongous eyes, "the repairs were quite minor, and the android is your companion. He's new to the Breach, no doubt penniless, and could use some extra help. It doesn't hurt our pocketbook - just this once." Aww, listen to that purple, grumbling softie.

"Mhm~!" the mechanic happily nodded along. "Every bit of help, no matter how small or mundane, goes a long way! Granted, we won't be able to comp future repairs or services - um, if they're too intensive, that is - b-but we're always more than happy to assist wherever and whenever possible! Isn't that right, Big Z?" He merely glanced at Jo through the corner of his tired, red eyes. Won't be able to comp future repairs or services if they're too intensive, huh?

Who was the softie now, hmmmmm?

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:56 am

Fit for continued operation... Well, that made sense to Kev. After bringing the lanky robot in, cackling and overheating, they likely ran the test to see if he'd be okay to ske-diddle-bop-a-doo out of this place! Which, thank the Gods, he was cleared to do! Hands clasping together, the scaly alien glanced between the two of them as the matter of payment was addressed. Seems the price was a bit more complicated than he had thought it would be. Debate and consideration...? Whatever for?

"We've decided that we're not going to charge you, Kev."

"..." You hear that silence? That was the sound of a gobsmacked alien. Those large blues of his were wide as he looked between them again. He couldn't have heard them right, no charge...? The emerald cheeks of his face turned a vivid shade of green as Kev dropped his gaze to the robot that had not turned on just yet. "A-are you sure? Minor or not, it definitely took a while and...and I know it couldn't have been easy." The repairs were sort of his fault in the first place at that. And yet Jo seemed to insist! Her reasons were related to the friendship they had with him, something which humbled him greatly. Zurg's reasoning was likely soft and fuzzy, though it'd be hard to get him to admit it. The larger alien stuck to the simple facts that Scaramouch didn't have any credits to pay with. Philanthropy at work!

By the sounds of it, they were just happy to help a friend of a friend. Plus, it never hurt to help somebody out! Happy to receive such a kindness from two of his longest loved friends, the alien rose up from his chair without much fanfare. Kev merely stared up at them as he closed the distance between them, and wrapped his slender arms around them as best as he could. Pressing close, he let out a soft sigh. "Thank you isn't enough for this. You've both always been there for me... I'm proud to say you're are some of the best friends I've ever had!" A trill rippled out of him smoothly, vibrating against them. "You two work so hard, and I'm touched you'd do this for free. I won't soon forget this." Kev-Mak-Tarr was truly a blessed man.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:44 pm

Aw, look at Kevvie's reaction~! Even though her sour-faced companion would politely lecture about the dangers of naivety, Jo was more than satisfied with their decision. Gratitude was its own reward, and it's not like they were hurting for money. Warm fuzzies blossomed within the mechanic's heart as her cheeks flushed with color. "Of course we're sure!" Jo nodded emphatically. And, should Kev remain ever the skeptic, she reached over and solidified everything with a friendly (though strong) punch to his arm. That should quell whatever doubts he still had~! "You're our friend, Kev. We'd be real lousy if we charged you top dollar for a fix that's hardly above routine." A familiar rumble interjected, "Correction: we didn't charge at all." Pfft. But, yes; friendship and all that good rosy stuff.

"Thank you isn't enough for this. You've both always been there for me... I'm proud to say you're are some of the best friends I've ever had! You two work so hard, and I'm touched you'd do this for free. I won't soon forget this."

See, Big Z? This alone was worth all your bellyaching. Now quit being a grump and return Kev's hug!

Jo was all too eager to smother the scaly alien in her tanned musuclar arms, the mechanic's body rife with sweat and grease. Sorry~! She, um, hadn't exactly much time to change and wash... Zurg was thankfully less offensive when it came to body odour; though, his natural stink was pretty unique all on its own. Regardless of the labour and toil on their bodies, they were quite willingly to share Kev's affection. "You're one of our best friends too, Kev!" she happily chirped. "And one of our more understanding." There was... really no need to explain Zurg's choice of wording. Kev would undoubtedly catch the larger alien's drift. In unison, both human and Zurgy-thingy gave Kev one last squeeze before letting him go, Jo crossing her arms and Big Z eyeballing their offlined "freebie". "It's our pleasure, Kev - really. You don't gotta pay us back or owe a favour!" She thought to further elucidate in case there were any criss-crossed wires between them. "Just keep your chin up and your heart open, okay? We're here for you and the gang, no matter what." Don't bring up past wounds... Don't bring up past wounds...

The glimmer of worry in her eyes was brief. Jo softly cleared her throat and sniffed, shifting both hands onto her hips. "Alright, Big Z! Pull ze lever!" It took nearly all of Zurg's willpower not to roll his eyes. Was that her pitiful attempt at a mad scientist's accent? "Jo, he doesn't have a lev - " She interrupted him with a curt scoffed, "I know that. Would it kill you to play along?" Ugh, Big Z! You killjoy... And, apparently, a tart.

Feeling big on his royal britches, Zurg outright stuck his nose in the air and harrumphed. "Yes," he answered imperiously. "Yes, it would kill me, Jo. Not that you would take notice." Now it was her turn to roll her eyes. "Just pinch his nose and turn him on, you scowling wet blanket." Hm~! Jo salt was the most delicious salt. With a wink Kev's way and a hidden grin, the alien more than happily complied with the order and pinched the robot's metal schnoz with an overly-eager twiiiiiist. Who said Zurg couldn't pull something, huh?

Bzzzt...! Tk, tk, tk... Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir!
    Scaramouche
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scaramouche on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Y'know, it was funny... Robots didn't dream - they couldn't. Binary was the cold, emotionless language of machines. To dream was to imagine, and to imagine was to feel; 1s and 0s could achieve none of these wonderful, sincere things. They could only calculate. It was funny because it was... sad.

Nothing greeted Scaramouche as he laid there, as still and as lifeless as a giant metal doll. He could neither feel nor dream. He could not hear, could not see, could not process. He could only float in absolute darkness, his digital conscious blind and deaf to the world all around him. It was an awful feeling - a sickening feeling - but he knew nothing beyond his fear of powering down. The realization of this "dead" state was frightening, reminiscent of a patient going under the knife. How much time would pass until he was awoken? What would transpire without his dutiful awareness?

Bzzzt...! Tk, tk, tk... Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir!

The answer was admittedly not much. No sooner had he been powered on and left to process the glaring blank antagonizing his systems, relief was the android's immediate response. It was shaky, even terrified, but it was there. Cyan optics calibrated themselves, first the right and then the left. No errors stood out in the diagnostics report. As for his cooling fans, blown fuses, and damaged heat sinks? An experimental intake of air passed through his metal chassis and flowed freely without difficulty. Good, very good. All internal systems were reading as normal, and his core temperature was no longer wafting dangerously close to the red. It seemed the mechanic - at least this one - was of the trustworthy sort. The same could be said for her assistant and, of course, the scaly green booger who made all of this possible. "Welp~!" Finally able to find the words, Scaramouche wore a great big smile and rose to his full, towering height. Hear that? ...No, nothing? Great! No more precarious rattling. "I don't know about you babes, but I feel 100% a-maaaaaaa-zing~!" he joyously sang. Wait, what's this?

Global Positioning System: Online...|

Wi-Fi: Online...|

Anti-Virus: Online...|

System Updates: Awaiting installation...|

Pssh, forget about that last one, baby! The rest were Gucci. "Oh hey, I'm fully operational too!" The android's smile only grew wider and wider by the second. Well, credit needed to be given where it was due. Turning to the mechanic and her purple grump, Scaramouche gave a bow with a tip of his paddy hat. "Boy, I gotta hand it to ya!" he spoke, grateful. "When this bug-eyed schmuck over here demanded I visit a mechanic, I didn't know I'd be in such bonâ fide hands, babe! What a pleasant experience! 10/10, would breakdown again~!" But not anytime soon. Sorry, friends, but powering down in unfamiliar surroundings was a traumatic experience!

Anyway, onto the nitty-gritty: payment. At best, he estimated all the repairs would cost no more than $1,000 clams. At worst, perhaps $1,500. He was an older model, after all. Most of his parts could probably be found at a junkyard. Scaramouche's grin betrayed his gnawing anxiety at the total, but only slightly. "So, uh, what's the damage~?"

Were you sweating yet, Kev? Your wallet was undoubtedly perspiring with Scaramouche's dignity!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:06 pm

Aaaaaand here we go! Scaramouche was once again online and being his jazzy self. Jo couldn't help but giggle at the robot's flamboyant mannerisms - that went double when he called Kev a 'bug-eyed schmuck'. What a smiley dork! "Yep!" the mechanic piped up with a cheery grin, her cheeks rosy. "While we were undergoing maintenance for you, we also decided to see what else needed a lil' fixing." Which was a lot, but updating the android's software was no big deal. The rest would have to come later, though.

Big Z was noticeably less enthused about Scaramouche's fast-talking charms. "Mhm," he muttered. Succinct and stoic.  

"So, uh, what's the damage~?"

"According to my boss, nothing."

"Oh Big Z, don't be such a wet blanket~!"

Jo rolled her eyes and redirected them at Kev and his robotic buddy, her grin super wide. "Like we already told Mr. Bug Eyes here, this one's on the house, babe~!" Oh why. Zurg shivered where he stood, nose crinkling behind the veil. "Jo, please don't encourage him... He's already enough of a dandy." ...Huh? "What's a dandy?" she asked, confused. The alien simply pointed to the pied robot in front of them. "Big Z, don't be rude!" She slapped his finger away with a gentle scoff and hip-bumped that scowling nuisance aside. "ANYWAY!" Jo huffed. The mechanic cleared her throat and was once again beaming. "But yeah, no cost! This was your one freebie. Consider it a welcome gift to Portal Breach!" And it's not liking Scaramouche's repairs had been major, so... Yeah!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:42 am

Luckily for Jo, Kev was pretty used to good-natured punches to the arm by now! It didn't stop him from rubbing that spot, but he didn't seem fussed. In fact, he looked very happy! As happy as a mouthless alien could look, with crinkles around his eyes. "Aaw...you guys are too good to me." Honestly, they were! At least fixing Scaramouche had been 'routine', and it wasn't like they'd interrupted any other appointments. "I wish I could make it up to you, somehow... This means so much. Not just to me, but also to Lunette!" Now the catwoman wouldn't have to worry about whether or not their jazzy friend was fixed!

Sandwiched between his two friends, the scaly alien squeezed them both and basked in the affection. Jo may have smelled of hard labor, but he was hardly offended and he wisely declined to comment on it. He focused on their muscles combined, the body heat the two generated, and let out a soft trill. "Rrr...~" Zurg and Jo were definitely his oldest friends, and among the best of them too! It was a sentiment that both of them obviously reciprocated, considering him to be very understanding. He leaned into their last squeeze before releasing them.

"It's our pleasure, Kev - really. You don't gotta pay us back or owe a favour! Just keep your chin up and your heart open, okay? We're here for you and the gang, no matter what."

No matter what? From the mouth of most people, Kev would have taken it at face value. How many people liked to promise such a thing? Told him they'd always be there for him and wouldn't leave? But with Zurg and Jo... They had proven themselves to the alien long ago. They were among those who he could believe in always. Keeping his chin up and heart open was a small price to pay for such repairs, after all! Clasping his hands together, the green man nodded his head in firm agreement. "I can do that. Promise. And I'm always here for you guys too!" It took all his will-power to resist giving them yet another hug! The shift in conversation was clear, Scaramouche had been inactivated for long enough. Here's hoping he wouldn't wake up still honking that awful laughter...

Giggling lightly at the duo's antics, he soon found himself staring eagerly at the robot. Kev had full faith in his friends' skills! When the cyan diodes in his face light up once again, he gave the robot an awkward wave. No sooner was he operational, the jazzbot was already crowing like a rooster. At least he felt amazing! That was a good sign! Those fans were quiet as a churchmouse! How fitting that only Scaramouche's running trap could put a damper on the alien's mood. "Hey!" Said bug-eyed shmuck huffed, scales already puffing up. "I only demanded because you were hurt... I promise not to push you again, but you really had us worried." And the visit was desperately needed since all he needed was a dose of Kev to have a full-blown breakdown.

As for the subject of payment, he allowed Jo and Zurg to explain the situation! Lucky for the both of them, this visit was free! "It's true, no tricks! I can still hardly believe it!" The little alien bounced from heel to heel eagerly, excited for the both of them! This had been a far better 'venture than he could have thought--wait. With a click of his neck, Kev's large eyes centered upon the human woman with a hard stare. "Heey...! Did you just call me Mr. Bug Eyes?" Maybe Zurg was onto something...maybe these two were a bad influence on each other!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:13 am