0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

USB Ain't Gonna Cut It.

Post by Jim on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:11 pm

Saturday, March 25th : 2:23PM

Barely even moving, Jim blinks rapidly. Well, this is barely a space colony. There is a definite open sky above him. A small breeze on the air. Sensors indicate that most of the area is dense crust. This is a planet. There are skyscrapers, and there are shops. Jim is not on the colony any more. After a few more blinks, his hand travels up to his face and he rubs his cheek. Perplexed.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck." the cyborg completes a full circle, his tail wrapping around his right foot in anxiety. He almost runs into Cole, who is just as flabbergasted. Speaking of Cole, the little chatbox is blinking rapidly in the corner of Jim's vision. Absentminded and still scanning the area, Jim opens the messages.

C-013: What is this? Where are we? Too many inquiries. Dr. Watkins. There are people here. There are no datapoints or POI within range. Cannot contact OSC: Celest. Dr. Watkins.
    C-013: Dr. Watkins. What are you doing? Stop standing there like an oaf. Do something! Oh this is going to be grand.
    C-013: Dr. Watkins, you are overusing the long-range sensors. Did you forget that you just left the battlefield? You haven't the battery for this.
    C-013: DR. WATKINS. YOU NEED TO CHARGE. YOU NIMROD.

Jim's eyes dim as he completes his sweep. His eyes directly over the scan of the building that says Jo's Chop Shop. The equipment inside should be enough to make a charging cable. What. You didn't think he was ahead of the little drone did you? A few steps ahead, this one. Cole hasn't a lick of faith. Oh. The ground is closer than he thought. Catching himself on one knee, Jim looks around. He can't trust the Drone to help him, he has just as much charge and the anti-grav generator will suck out his reserves quicker.

"It'd be nice, if there was someone to help." He says it just a bit loud enough for the people on the sidewalk to hear, most of them ignoring him. The rest just look confused at him and go on their way. He sighs dramatically and groans.

"Fine. Manual override. Cole, shut up and push me." Jim's joints lock up, becoming stiff and moving slowly. Low power mode is definitely a problem. But at least the drone can keep him balanced. Cole, albeit begrudgingly, unsheathes his servos and grabs onto the cyborg's shoulders, keeping the swaying manchild from tipping over as the not-so-fluid movements jar each step.

"Fuuuuuck."

C-013: Dr. Watkins. Language. There are children.
    Invader Zim
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: USB Ain't Gonna Cut It.

Post by Invader Zim on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:40 am

"It'd be nice, if there was someone to help."

Famous last words. Of the group of people to hear such an open, begging request, perhaps the last person you'd want actually considering it would be a certain Irken. His twiggy antennae twitched, directing themselves towards the direction of Jim and his drone. Funny, he LOOKED human and yet...he was quite robotic! A cyborg, then? How curious. The little robot following him around seemed to be assisting him in moving. Maybe that would explain the plea. Pinkish red eyes narrowed before Zim marched through the crowd to address the poor man who seemed to be having trouble moving.

Placing himself oh so helpfully in Jim's direct path, Zim raised a gloved finger and pointed right at the human. "Cyborg! What do you need help with! The great and merciful Zim may be of some assistance!" Truly, the small bug was humanitarian of the year. Or maybe that'd be...Irkenarian of the year?
    Jim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Jim on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:37 pm

The flood of messages doesn't stop from the floating drone. Jim's eyes roll before he closes the window entirely. This whole situation reeks. From what he could scan in the short time he had, he was in a very oddly diverse city. High tech, low tech, and even primitive inexplicable things dot the area. This is definitely not home sweet Colony. The servos in his elbows and knees whine as the low charge setting affects them as well. Another curse is due.

"Fucking hell. Why does this have to be such an issue. Where the hell..." The cyborg has barely enough time to finish before his fading sight picks up a pale green life form on its way toward him. Stopping the slow-motion walking as the... thing so un-obnoxiously yells in his face.

What the fuck is a Zim wrote:"Cyborg! What do you need help with! The great and merciful Zim may be of some assistance!"

Jim stops for a moment. Taking in all he heard and starts to break down the basics. This small thing is a sentient life form, intelligent enough to know a common language. Okay. Don't freak out, Jim, you can ask about his physics-defying eyeballs later. Coughing to clear his throat, and slowly standing up straighter, he chokes on his words. His tail flicks, far less fluid and much more mechanically due to the lack of charge.

"Well. Zim. First of all I need a charging station or cable compatible with the sockets on my back, because as of now I am at four percent charge. I'm obviously a cyborg and most of my moving parts require external energy. I recently just came from a combat situation, otherwise I would have plenty of charge to deal with the current, and I do believe, much more fucking important issue of figuring out where in this shitty universe I am and how, or by what twat, I got here. Probably Daniel. Or YOU." Jim moves his head to look over at Cole, the drone flinching and making angry eyebrows out of his over-eye sensors.

Jim turns his head back slowly and stares down at the little fu... the new thing, expecting immediate answers. His dress blues look rather official. He is definitely some sort of space-military.
    Invader Zim
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Invader Zim on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:44 pm

Jim's flicking tail drew Zim's attention instantly, the appendage definitely of robotic origin rather than flesh. Hm! The only other cyborg he'd known very well, had not possessed extra limbs like that. What an odd choice to have a robotic tail... Attention shifting back to the dark face of the human, the Irken's head cocked to the side. His antennae quirked and flicked as he absorbed every word. Started off eloquently enough but eventually degenerated into some human cuss words. A new one, definitely. The short alien followed his gaze to the drone who seemed to...emote! Weird.

Establishing eye contact again, Zim clicked his boots together as he stood up straight like a soldier. The other's uniform was noted. "First! I am not sure where you can find a charging station other than the HOSPITAL!" Otherwise, there wasn't exactly some sort of charging station to go next to the bus ones. Zim had his own charging station in the bowels of his lab, but Irken technology would surely be incompatible with the human. His body was all his but the bright little thing on his back was all technology and ingrained with him. A finger pointed to the man.

"This is the universe of PORTAL BREACH!" Zim screeched. "The TWAT involved was an Elder God with tentacles! He destroys UNIVERSES! You were brought here instead of dying!" He borrowed Jim's word choice, not really knowing or caring what the word meant, just that it was obviously negative. "Everyone you knew is probably dead! Make your peace and move on! ...Though with the charge you have left, you might die anyway!" He shrugged. Humanitarian of the year indeed.
    Jim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Jim on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:03 pm

The twitchy green thing caused more questions than answers by simply existing. Jim could only push it aside for now, full disclosure at a later date. Or now. No no. Later. Yes. The cyborg barely moves as the 'Zim' stamps his feet and stands at attention. Oh, well this will be hilarious. Jim makes a very robotic nod, that would make sense, he supposes. Anything makes sense when nothing makes sense so this is just getting ridiculous why is he even thinking this way. He needs charge. Like yesterday.

"Alright, Hospital it is then. Know any shortcuts?" Dr. Watkins is hardly going to take his time with sightseeing. In fact, the little blinking light on his charge meter just upped the pace, punctuating the emergency further. Sighing to himself, he listens further.

So. Portal Breach. Elder God. Tentacles. Destroyed Universe. Brought Here... Instead of dying. Well, most would have a moment of disbelief, but small range scanners are still active. After a biological analysis, and much to his surprise, the small thing seemed to be speaking true. Weird little organs on this guy.

Now that part about everyone dead, he nods again, as if yeah, of course. That's definitely a possibility.

"Well, seeing as you are the only pers... th... sentient lifeform that has spoken with me, I'll have to do some research on the topic. Because, as you will certainly understand, that sounds batshit crazy." Another little blip of sound happens not only in his own ears, but outside as well. A small DING DING DING DING plays out under the tones of Zim and Jims' voices.

"So, about that hospital. Is it nearby? Because that dying thing might suck. And I have an estimated 227 questions that I'd like to know before my demise." Shockingly cavalier, even for himself. He's sure to break down eventually.
    Invader Zim
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Invader Zim on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:32 pm

Shortcuts? Zim pulled back slightly, then raised his gaze upwards. "I have always found the alleys and rooftops to be good for cutting the path short!" He replied, raising a finger to point to a nearby alley. Not the most convenient, or even scenic route one could take, but his PAK legs made scaling the buildings rather easy! He was unsure of this man had any similar sort of mods or enhancements to go with his metal limbs. He did have a tail...maybe his metal hands could grip and climb better than any human meat hand?

Zim had to hand it to this guy, he was taking the news rather well. Hearing that everybody he knew was probably dead earned the Irken a nod of...agreement? Understanding? An antenna atop the alien's head quirked in its best imitation of an eyebrow. Hey, he'd take it! The closest he got to a normal reaction was a bit of doubt. It got a shrug from the little alien. "This entire WORLD is crazy! Perhaps even bat-poop crazy!" Any other smart remarks died on his wormy tongue at the sound of an incessant DINGing. Both antennae flattened against his skull, and the bug alien clasped his hands over his head in displeasure. "Ack, stop that!" He demanded irritably.

Oh right, this guy was dying or something because he needed a charge. "HMM...Zim is too superior to use hospitals. I do not know the route offhand...but it is downtown!" Pinkish eyes surveyed the surroundings before he pointed confidently in a certain direction. "Go that way, it SHOULD take you out of the Business District and set you towards the Downtown area! Then look for the white Hospital building! If you cannot climb the roof..." Zim rolled a wrist, tongue poking out in thought. Hm. What did simple humans do when they wanted to go fast? "Get a yellow checker taxi car?"
    Jim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Jim Today at 12:36 pm

Jim blinks, slightly agitated at the rooftops concept. He closes his eyes and sighs.

"Well, I do not think that's going to be possible, Zim. As I top out at two kilometers an hour." the cyborg clicks his teeth.

Cole continues to hold onto his maker's shoulder, a gentle pushing gesture.

C-013: James, we need to find you a charging station now. My reserves may help,
    and I don't have to worry about biological issues if I power down. Here.

The drone folds in on itself, becoming disk-like and floats to the cyborg's back, melding with the circle as he slips beneath his jacket. The emergency noises calm, no more dinging. Jim's motions become far less frozen. On his HUD, his energy reading bumps up to 23%. However, the drone's systems power down. Which is both a blessing, because no more Cole in his face, and a curse because he's going to use more power up in the trip.

"Well, in the short time I've been here I've already encountered twenty three things that do not obey my own idea of physics. So, crazy. Yes. Now. Taxi? I know those. How do we get one?" Jim stands a little taller, his tail flicking back and forth like a feline who heard something that no one else did and is now paranoid. He even has his eyes dodging back and forth at each new movement.

QUERY:
    TOO MANY QUERIES. PLEASE RELOAD OS. PLEASE CHARGE MAIN FRAME.
    THE TERM "WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE DOING" IS USED HERE. JIM THERE ARE SO MANY PROBLEMS.

The message blips up in large print across his vision. Jim waves his hand in front of his face as if there's a bug up his nose.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out!" He mumbleyells.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:30 pm