Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Re: No Junk In This Warehouse

Post by Knock Out on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:37 am

Ruby optics took note of the bright yellow scanner, the way the light seemed to lag for a moment before it continued the familiar pace from side to side. With it, the AI seemed to bring up an interesting viewpoint. Cybertronians were not quite like KARR and his doppelganger. There was no programming, not in the same way as these artificial machines made by humans. Optimus was merely a sentimental idiot, just like a human. He grew attached to those humans the way they, in turn, might grow attached to a small animal. Feeble creatures to protect. It was the only explanation that made sense to Knock Out. Why else would the Prime be so attached to those children? They were nothing extraordinary, especially among the millions of their kind. The mech grunted, tilting his body to the side in an exasperated motion. "Sentimentality... My people aren't exactly without sentiment, I just don't recall seeing it for myself. And feeling it for myself?" He shrugged broad red shoulders, metal bits bobbing lightly. "My assistant was the exception. I didn't feel any sentiment for anybody else, not even my own creator. Not before coming here, at least." This place had seen him finding a bit more sentimentality for others, but only in a few specific gems in the rough. Such as KARR himself!

Blinking back at the Trans Am, the mech gave him a blank stare. "Incorrect, actually." Knock Out corrected flatly. "You're right that Livewire is the only other Cybertronian I've ever seen here. But I didn't escape the brig before I came here. I had been planning to cause a ruckus with the other prisoners to garner attention from the Autobots and slide them some information in return for a few basic rights." Such as the right to a shiny finish! "But the wall in front of me opened up into a portal, sucking me in servos first! Nobody else was close enough to be sucked in with me." Both hands paused their work to briefly wave as if reminding the AI what a 'servo' was. And arriving while still bound had made for quite the pickle. An easily handled pickle, but still rather embarrassing.

Alas, poor KARR. Trying to riddle out the logic of these humans. Trying to make sense where there simply was none! Indeed, one would think that such a ball would require a bit of research. The metal didn't look very Earth-like... Ancient humans had assumed it to be a gift from the Gods or some such thing, explaining the otherworldly nature. But what explanation did the excavators have? Or the scientists? Scoffing softly, a smooth smirk stretched across his ivory faceplates. "They must have been a very droll research staff. I guess decided 'yeah sure, the ancient humans had it right. This is from the Gods!'." A very unintelligent staff. Raising a metal brow curiously, the mech hummed as he considered KARR's words. "Makes sense. I've never seen any robots built by humans, especially car robots like yourself." Unless information on KITT and KARR was simply buried deep into the dark web.

Silence fell between them, the only sound was the warble of the Trans Am's light and the light scuff of the rag against metal. Making his friend shine brightly was like a reward all on its own, a comforting gesture that took him back to tending to patients in the medical bay. To giving Breakdown a servo with the areas that were harder for him to reach. A mechanical buffer would have been ideal, but this was nice. The mech almost lost himself in the action until KARR began to speak again, drawing his attention with a soft whir of the optics. Aah...so KARR felt the same way. The smirk turned self-assured, a little cocky as the AI admitted to thinking Knock Out was an equal. "High praise, coming from you of all people. Bet it must grind your gears to admit that!" He teased lightly, humor oozing through his vocalizer. Ah, but a bit of tit for tat was owed. Mulling over his words, the crimson mech dipped his helm towards his companion. "I enjoy your company, KARR! When we're together, I have a consistently good time. I feel like I can understand you. And we share certain hobbies and interests, which is always a plus." Who better to race with than a good looking Trans Am, right? "It is not something I've had the chance to enjoy very often either."
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Knockout shifted, his expression exasperated as they continued their discussion of the oddity that was this Optimus. Though KARR was correct that Cybertronians were capable of sentimentality, they did not readily show it. In Knockout’s case, he did not feel it unless someone was especially worthwhile. Of course, the AI had no doubt that he was part of those few that were included when Knockout alluded to feeling sentimental for more than just his assistant upon coming to this dimension.

KARR was always worthwhile, in fact he would likely argue that he was the only worthwhile one here if given the chance. For now, he was content to settle with the fact that he was right, again.

But, his combo of accurate deduction was soon broken, as the AI found out that the ex-medic was not already out of the cell before he had been sucked in through the cyan anomaly. He was still plotting a means to regain some freedom for himself when he had been pulled through to Gamma-X. Conveniently, no one else had been sucked in with him- much like how KARR had managed to narrowly escape without KITT being sucked through the portal with him.

”I see.” KARR replied, his optics flicking breifly to the waving metal hand. ”It seems we both found ourselves a stroke of luck with our arrivals here. KITT had been right in front of me when I had been abducted, but he and his driver were not dragged here with me.”

Neither of them had to worry about having to share their freedom with any undesired tag-alongs. However, given the AI was more familiar with the earthen prison systems than those of Cybertron, the idea of Knockout having to be in cuffs during his stay in the brig never crossed his processors. According to his databank, usually just being stuck in a cell was restraint enough for United States prison systems. In a sense, his assumption was comparable to the effort, or lack thereof, that the research staff had put into the Energon Harvester they had found. But, KARR did not catch onto that logical inconsistency, or at least he did not show it if he did.

An amused scoff escaped Knockout’s steel grey mouth as it curved into a smirk. One of many that occurred during the course of their conversation, KARR regarded. Though the AI could not help but find it odd that there was absolutely no sign of an attempt at robotics from the humans Knockout described.

”None at all?” The AI questioned, pausing a moment before adding; ”...I am considering making it a point to label these parallel earths, for the sake of telling them apart. If you found an Earth, and I came from another earth, likely there are other earths that other residents of this dimension have come across or immigrated from. The one you came from, should I decide to go through with this, should be called ‘Earth-I’.”

Before Knockout could think to question the name, KARR gladly elaborated; ”The ‘I’ stands for Insipid.”

Between his wit and Knockout’s polishing work, the AI was finding this afternoon to be one of his more pleasant ones... At least until Knockout decided to rib him over his prior compliment.

”Would you rather I did not? Though I know myself to be superior in engineering, I cannot deny that there are similarities between us that can be considered equalities in character.” KARR huffed, but he did not cut off his audio receptors to the ex-medic’s following statement. It sounded sincere enough, but... ”I bet it grinds your gears even more to admit that.”

As he gave that reflection of Knockout’s statement, a small smile was evident in the tone of his synthetic voice. Just as some tit-for-tat was owed, KARR could not help but owe his ruby-red friend back in some wit. Fortunately for the both of them, most of KARR’s paneling was already polished to a mirror-like shine. It seemed time just flew out the window when there was good conversation.

Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Optimus was one of a kind, that was for sure. Such a sentimental mech, especially for who would become half of the face of the Cybertronian civil war. Perhaps that was appropriate, considering the other half of that face was Megatron. Not everybody can start a civil war. Neither leader could gain Knock out's respect. Optimus was too soft for his liking, and the Decepticon leader far too unstable. Being unchained to either side was the best part of this new world!

"Hm!" An appreciative sound escaped the mech as KARR pointed out how similar their appearances here had been. Both had been cornered, finding their escape in the most unlikely of places. Quite lucky indeed. "Sounds like it was also the first stroke of luck either of us had had in a while. I know my miraculous escape to this world was preceded by a long line of mistakes and humiliations." Optics rolled with an irritated air. Perhaps answering Starscream's call had been a bad choice. Of course...what was the alternative? If he and Breakdown had ignored him, the Second in Command might have come right after their afts! Would it have been too much trouble to fake their deaths, start over anew on some other planet? The former medic huffed under his vents, focusing his attention for the moment on KARR's paintjob. There was no need to ponder the past, especially for a world that was naught but ashes and ruin now. Decisions were made and they heeded the call to Earth. It was just one of many things Knock Out would have to live with.

Metal brows furrowed as he considered the Trans Am's question. Had MECH truly never made their own robots...? Combing over his processor, the mech began to rephrase his statement. "Nothing original, at least. Anything MECH created was a horrid mishmash of Cybertronian technology!" The red rings of his optics burned brightly once again, reflecting crimson off of KARR's sleek paint. "Awful and horribly simple people...they couldn't even be imaginative. Nothing but thieves and graverobbers." Granted, Megatron was no better in that regard, but at least Knock Out hadn't been best friends with Liege Maximo. Truly, they had come from different Earth's just as KARR was hypothesizing. An AI inside of an automobile was a strange idea, but at least it was unique! Tension leaked out of his joints like melting ice, a deep chuckle rumbling from his chassis. "Earth-Insipid, is that right?" He glanced up from his work, a pleased little look in his gaze. "Sounds quite appropriate to my audials." Working small circles of wax into the other's sides, Knock Out considered the differences between himself and Livewire. As well as the strange doppelganger who had resembled himself! "There seem to be multiple versions of Cybertron as well. I think I'll call mine Cybertron-A for Alpha~." The newly restored Cybertron truly earned such a title.

Leaning back onto his hips, both servoes planted themselves upon his sides as the mech raised his helm like a proud peacock. Amusement twinkled in his optics, a teasing smile gracing his ivory face-plates. "Quite the contrary, actually! I could use a bit more praise in everyday conversation~." He purred shamelessly, tilting his helm to the side with a wink. Equalities meant neither of them was superior to the other, but after being under the heels of Megatron and Starscream? He could handle equality with a peer. As for the status of his own gears...? He scoffed, still smiling. "Perhaps, but not nearly as much as it did your's. I'm much more humble than you are!" You could tell by the way he bragged about it!
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:05 am

KARR took note of the other’s vocalization. His audio receptors recognized the tone to be somewhat appreciative, not long after Knockout elaborated as to why. He too saw some sort of kinship in regards to their circumstances before arriving here. Although, while KARR’s history was hardly pristine, he could not rightfully say that coming here was the only stroke of luck he had.

”I would be inclined to agree, if it were not for one detail. I did so happen upon good fortune before coming here.” KARR replied, a content purr lacing his synthetic tones. ”Just prior to my final confrontation with KITT, I had relieved Knight Industries of the laser they had intended to use against me. If that does not already sound like a fine wound, the fact they had made it double the power of the previous design they tried to use against me rubbed an agonizing amount of salt into it.”

Now, if only KITT and Michael Knight had not thought to reflect the beam back at him, then he truly would have had his cake and been able to eat it too... But such details were best kept behind closed doors, of course. What mattered was that he managed to stick it to FLAG one last time. Not only did he get to have his laser, but he got to keep it too! But, that was only the icing on this cake, considering he was transported to a world where he did not have to worry about being hunted down and destroyed over his programming. But as for Knockout? From the expression that his optics were picking up from the mech’s face, his memories were not so fond. The AI knew better than to pry further, they had delved enough into the ex-medic’s past for one day, he believed. There was no reason to overwhelm his friend with negative memories. Thus it was all the better that they focused on how bad of a tech development team MECH was. Not a single original design in their whole repertoire? Despicable.

A sound of disgust growled from KARR’s vocalizers. ”Good riddance to them. They sound like a bunch of talentless hacks, stripping your kind’s technology to better their own.” A sneer wormed its way into his gravelled voice, sounding uncannily like the AI was looking down his nose, despite his obvious appearance. ”I bet they would go so far as to claim it was their idea and tech savvy should anything have come of it instead of butchery.”

It would be unsurprising, humans had a way of portraying themselves as the masters of all technology, regardless of whether it was what they had created or not. Earth-Insipid indeed. Interestingly, Knockout had encountered different versions of Cybertron as well, or more encountered information about there being other Cybertrons.

Cybertron Alpha? KARR pondered it for a fraction of a second before decreeing; ”Fitting.” It was the one where their war had ended after all. So far as he knew, it was the only one.

Of course, Knockout was a sucker for praise. That was how KARR got this far into being friends with him in the first place. Then again, ego-stroking was easy work. In return he got his own binary self some amount of gratification - the current waxing job being a case in point.

”Hm, says the one that desires more praise in their conversations.” An amused KARR replied, ”Here I would think myself more humble by being content with the praise I have already received.” Though Knockout did enjoy being told how great he was, KARR was already well aware of his worth to the point where complimenting his abilities was merely a sensory echo.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:47 pm

"Oh?" Listen to that satisfied purr. Well, at least one of them had managed to do something positive before being 'portal'ed away. "A laser?" The mech scoffed to himself, amazed by just how determined Knight industries was in their attempt to destroy KARR. "Double the power? That sounds like overkill." What else could one expect from such a company? They made an intelligent AI, stuck it in a car of all things, and got upset when it didn't obey like a dog! Ridiculous... Sinking into thought as he continued to work, Knock Out pondered over what could have happened to such a weapon! If the Trans Am had acquired it shortly before being transported here... A metal brow rose, and the mech rose his ruby optics to squint ever so slightly in the direction of KARR's hood. "This wouldn't happen to be the laser you singed me with during our first race together...?" Where else could it have gone? Unless the AI had fumbled it during the ensuing chase, which would be uncharacteristic of KARR... Perhaps Knight Industries knew what they were doing after all. That blast stung!

"Good riddance indeed." A self-serving bunch, more akin to vermin in his eyes than a respectable species. Perhaps even among other humans, the people of MECH were truly trash. As despicable as KARR's creators were, at least they held some integrity! The Trans Am's audible sneer made Knock Out's own lips curl, his optics narrow. The other AI's disgust was felt, it resounded with his very own spark! "I have no doubt they would! Probably sell their cheap creations for a profit too." Servoes still busy with his ministrations and buffing, the mech glanced down to observe his own work. He continued around the other car as if he were caught in orbit, leaving behind a freshly waxed surface as he went. A light chuckle rumbled from his chassis amused at the AI's approval for his planet's nickname. "Thank you~." Wonder what he should label Livewire's... Cybertron Beta? Yes, that would do nicely. There was no doubt in his processor that Livewire's home had to have been from an entirely different dimension. Just as KARR's version of Earth conflicted with the one Knock Out knew, so too did Livewire's. A physical Allspark that could be broken into shards...? What a strange circumstance.

"Hey, desiring praise doesn't make me any less humble than you! If anything, it means I'm honest!" Pulling his servoes away from KARR's paintjob, Knock Out stretched his arms out in a little 'ta-da!' gesture. "When you look this good, praise should be more common!" The mech paused, catching sight of himself in the reflection of the AI's shiny black paint. He smiled to himself, primping and admiring both himself and his wax job. "But I must admit, now that I've undone the hackjob by that human, you may give me a run for my money in the looks department!" So sleek, so stunning! Oy, but his wrists were definitely barking. The mech rolled them, claws flexing as he stood back to his full (yet still shrunken) height again. With that labor done, he could feel an itch for some leisure time. "I don't know about you, but I could go for that race right about now... Winner gets to be the humblest, greatest, and most intelligent mech on the Breeeach...~" Knock Out seemed to hum, voice dipping into a lilt. The race was already a given, but he preferred to go about it playfully. He even threw in a cheeky wink!
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Indeed, Wilton’s legacy was ever determined to wipe any outstanding blemishes from their history. Whether it was sweeping them under the rug through keeping mum about their existence, or in KARR’s case, developing weaponry specifically for sweeping him under said rug.

”Overkill is a word for it, yes.” KARR agreed as Knockout scoffed at the foundation’s methods, ”Especially since their initial attempt was to simply apprehend and return me to storage. They must have decided I was worth more in scrap than as a whole, functioning machine. However, since they undoubtedly saw me as a blemish upon the foundation’s face... It would not be surprising if they simply wished to eradicate me from the face of the world, and after, their records.”

The foundation was ever pompous and prestige based, after all. Any opportunity to present themselves in the best light possible likely meant they had to sweep a great number of skeletons into their closet. He simply was one of the more determined ones. Though on that note, Knockout soon started to piece together a few details regarding their first race. Whether or not it was worth bringing up to their conversation was yet another matter entirely. From the way the mech squinted at him before inquiring about it, the AI’s processors quickly deduced it was best to steer away from this particular topic of conversation.

”Does it matter?” The AI coyly responded, ”Since we do not attempt to kill each other while competing, I see no point to be concerned about my offensive and defensive abilities and the nature thereof.”

As for MECH and the nature of their butchery, along with what they likely would have done with their findings, there was no guesswork. Selling their “creations” for a quick dollar, striking any mention of where they truly acquired the technology from their records, claiming it all to be the work of human ingenuity... That sounded about right for a group like MECH. It was all the more reason why the Earth Knockout had visited was best suited to being dubbed “Earth-Insipid.” As for the matter that was praise and humility, the AI gladly jumped into that to distract the ruby-red mech further from the matter that was his laser battery.

”I had not considered that a desire for praise could be equated to honesty, Knockout. My databanks recall that a desire for praise stems from a desire to be validated, out of a lack of attention or appreciation.” KARR stated, his synthetic voice sounding as if he were mulling over the ex-medic’s opinion. ”But, you are correct in that we should be more appreciated.” The AI’s current state was enough of a point in that case. Though after Knockout had buffed out all of Leroy’s mistakes, it was difficult to tell that the AI was ever under-appreciated at all.

The AI’s optics glanced into Knockout’s equally shiny paint, observing his own reflection in it, however warped from the curvature of the metal. ”Indeed!” KARR replied, obviously pleased with the result. ”My thanks, Knockout.”

Now, as for that offer for a race to see who gets to be the most humble, greatest and intelligent mech around; well, KARR already knew who that was without needing to use a test of speed and skill to decide it. But he knew the mech was speaking in jest. There was a rev of the AI's turbines as they ignited to life in a shrill roar. Already he was rolling towards the garage door. The steel door was drawn up with a clatter and a dull drone of the winch’s motor.

”I accept your challenge, Knockout. Let us go for a lap on the highways, the Drive-In theater can be our finish point.” KARR stated. With that, he rolled out, waiting for Knockout to transform and join him before revving his turbines once more and making for the open road.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:04 am