Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: No Junk In This Warehouse

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed May 17, 2017 7:26 pm

Unfortunately, Knockout was indeed right about how the second chassis cut out the “middle man” as it were. Recycling some of the parts to make an improved model was sound, logical advice that the AI could not help but agree with.

”I see the reasoning in that.” KARR replied, ”Humans may have their uses, but they are not very reliable. However, in order to properly create a new form, I will need to employ the aid of an experienced technician and fabricator and the only one on this planet...”

KARR hesitated for a moment before replying. His deep, graveled voice lost some of its confidence as it took a sheepish dip. ”The one on this planet may not have that great of an impression of me, after a past incident.”

Granted, said past incident was running off in the middle of an appointment to discuss the first chassis, but even so it certainly broke down the face of a suave, smooth-talking automobile that he usually put up. There was still the matter of what to do about moving his CPU from one chassis to another without a drone to take care of it. His budding operation at the Tech Dome had suddenly sank itself for a number of years, the reason why being that he simply stopped one moment and wondered “what was the point of all this, really?”

There was nothing here to take over, nothing that required an army of machinery, and he even had no real motivation for it all. In all, it had been some odd hobby.

This Starscream mech on the other hand, did not seem to be very interested in blending in with humanity on an automotive scale. "I find it odd he would be so adverse to using an automotive body. Aircraft are monitored and regulated far more strictly than an automobile, and the military could attempt to intervene depending on where he flies.” KARR commented thoughtfully, ”If anything, it is safer to take on an automotive disguise, as the police are nowhere near as armed as say, a fighter jet.”

It was one thing to have to run from the police, but the Air Force? That was a whole different circumstance entirely. But, Knockout was right, there was a method as to why KARR tended to keep a lower profile than the striking red ex-medic.

”The officers were nothing compared to FLAG. The foundation sent one of their operatives and a copy of my design to try and put me back in storage, and later, destroy me.” KARR stated as he watched Knockout rubbed those small circles across the surface of his hood.

It was surprisingly pleasant, not in the way that he could feel it, but the consistent pattern was appealing on a mathematical level. Wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off...

Indeed, patience was key in all things worth having, along with a decent amount of work. But, the AI could not help but find it amusing that Knockout was so interested in what plans he was hatching. Perhaps it would be fun to leave him little clues to keep him guessing as he went along? Nothing that would be so obvious as to give away everything, but just enough to keep up the excitement.

”Of course, I do not intend to keep you in the dark forever. I could even perhaps give you a few hints.” He offered.

It seemed Autobots were the compassionate ones that talked about feelings and the like, KARR was not exactly a touchy-feely sort of machine himself however. He cared about his “feelings”, but unless it got him anything he did not really feel much for others. Not that he would voice this to Knockout.

”To discuss ones feelings vocally in depth is a social skill I have only witnessed in humans. I would not know if this trait is only practiced by the Autobots when it comes to Cybertronian psychology. It is out of my range of knowledge.” He admitted, continuing to watch the circular buffing, ”But I believe I would find things a little less interesting without you around to comment on movies with. It feels like things have become a little empty without taking a trip to the Drive-In.” Even with that time he thought the goblins in Labyrinth were real.

He would have to make more time while he was working on his plans. Maybe even put in a few suggestions...

”A robot mode, hm?” An unseen optic drifted thoughtfully to the husk of his secondary chassis, [b]”Perhaps I could find use for it, after some upgrades of course. Then we could see who is actually superior.”

KARR may be inferior in not having a second body, but that would only last for so long given Knockout was giving so many ideas.

But, he had a point when it came to which he would prefer. A war was dangerous, playing movies on the weekends had far less risk associated with it. The comment regarding what he showed after the romantic fluff piqued the Trans-Am’s interest however.

”Horror? I will have to make a point to come by especially at the end of Valentines then.” KARR might not have been a true coniseur of what made a good movie, but if it was anything like a Carpenter movie, he was in.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Thu May 18, 2017 6:40 pm

"I've certainly never known any to be reliable." Knock Out agreed with a huff. He knew a variety of species here, different people across various types of creature. Yet when it came to humans, the mech till hadn't gotten close to any of them. A human had helped him when he first arrived, but that was it honestly. KARR concurred that another form would lessen his dependence on somebody else, but in order to get that form, he'd have to get help from somebody else. Was that ironic? Perhaps! Even more, he hadn't left the best of impressions on this experienced technician. One metal brow rose up curiously. "Is this technician that Jo woman you usually go to, or somebody else?" Last he'd heard, KARR trusted Jo with his systems. What could have possibly happened?

KARR's perspective on jet vs. automobile was an interesting one, as he brought up an angle that Knock Out had never really considered! And yet, it actually did make sense. With a smirk, he agreed with the Trans Am. "Exactly! The worst I'd have to face would just be a cop, whereas the human government has an entire air force! Starscream's just an egotistical glitch. When it comes to mechs like me," The emphasis saw the former medic placing a servo to his own chest. "He can be very intolerant. So, naturally, a jet is "better" than an automobile alt mode, even though it blends in better and looks fabulous." Dark as KARR's own paintjob was, it was still brighter and flashier than the Second in Command's gunmetal body. With only the barest hints of color, he was far too metallic! Still, he supposed there were some aspects of Screamer's design that one could appreciate...such as those long legs.

"Is this FLAG considered a part of the human government?" He asked, suddenly piqued with curiosity. Everything KARR had disclosed about the organization made it sound less military and more research oriented. And yet the weapons they spawned, such as the Trans Am, were made brimming with weapons... Definitely smelled like human warmongering to him. "How curious that your FLAG was more proactive than any human group I had ever encountered back on Earth. The Autobots did have one human ally affiliated with the Government, but any of his assistance was more pestering than debilitating. The only organization to cause any problems for us was a renegade one, and they weren't allies to the Autobots either." No small amount of disgust leaked into his voice at the very thought of MECH. Crude fleshies, messing about with robots and technology...as far as he was concerned, FLAG was no better than them.

Concentration was focused upon ridding KARR of these hideous streaks, moving around the hood to reach as he began to spread the wax around over the ebony paint. The pressure with which he pressed down was Knock Out's best imitation of a buffer, inwardly wishing that the Trans Am had thought to purchase one. Alas! This would have to do, and he was going to make sure his companion shined brightly. Dabbing a bit more wax onto the cloth, he went about his work with a light smile upon his face plates. The smile only widened as the AI saw fit to tease the idea of giving him hints about his plans. "I do so love a good mystery. Always good for keeping the processor sharp." A few hints wouldn't necessarily spoil the surprise, after all! It'd be good to have some sense of what exactly KARR was planning.

"Most Decepticons have very little in the way of sanity or common sense in the first place." Knock Out admitted with a droll tone and a roll of the optics. Indeed, the majority of Decepticons weren't exactly models of mental health when it came to Cybertronians. Whether that was due to the aforementioned refusal to discuss feelings, or the by-product of being in a war was anyone's guess. "Whereas I have a wealth of both, I'm still not one for getting emotional and getting mushy." The very idea of it made his lip curl. Which was why KARR's little sentiment spoke more to the crimson mech than any fluffy words could. His body relaxed, optics moving up and down the Trans Am's form with a new, appreciative look to them. "I too, have found things to be rather...lacking, without your dry logic pointing out mistakes in movies."

Ego was a very effective motivator. KARR went from mild interest in a new body to a reinforced drive to use it once again! Even putting a few upgrades on it! A smooth smirk met the Trans Am's tracker, leaning his weight upon one hip even as he was still bent over his front waxing him. "That's adorable that you think you can match up to me with a little puppet like that." He purred with a smooth layer of teasing superiority. "Go ahead and put your best foot forward, KARR. Then we will see who is truly better!" This was what he missed! This robot made things so enjoyable and interesting! It was refreshing! A hearty chuckle sounded as the mention of playing horror movies to clear away the awful stench of sappy romance worked like catnip to make KARR decide to come by and catch a showing. "Great! I'll keep my optic out for you next year, then." He gave his friend a grin, sharing the experience of horror movies with the less experienced AI was more fun than he realized.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed May 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Disloyal, emotional, illogical; humans were some of the most un-trustworthy beings KARR knew of. Yet, they were everywhere. Maybe Knockout was unaware of it, but KARR was glad to find yet another mind that wholeheartedly agreed on his sentiments. He supposed there would be something of a budding kinship in regards to that matter. It also was one that managed to have a part in why his relationship with the mechanic was a little complicated.

”Yes, I have not found any other mechanical shops since I have arrived.” Which made the AI all the more sheepish in his response. He essentially had possibly alienated the only source of precision maintenance on the entire planet.

Knowing all too well that Knockout would be curious about the ordeal, KARR went on to explain the matter further; ”At the time, it had been requested when the secondary chassis was being discussed that I be deactivated during a portion of the transfer process. I refused and left to make the chassis on my own.” Granted, making the chassis by himself had been a complicated process that could have been shortened and simplified should he have just agreed to deactivation, but there was a reason behind his refusal. ”My history with deactivation has not been a positive one, Knockout. The last time I allowed it on the promise of Wilton Knight finding a way to repair my programming, I found myself collecting dust in storage when power was restored to my systems.”

In other words, it was difficult to just let himself be turned off.

KARR had to agree, one had to be very foolish or just arrogant to want to try and pick a disguise so conspicuous as a jet. But, he supposed the weight of Starscream’s hubris would possibly kick in when he found himself in a dogfight. That aside, the AI had to agree that a car body, especially his body, was superior when it came to blending in and being overall impeccable.

”With how you describe Starscream, I would not have been able to get along with him. There is no sense in pushing for a jet-build when the better disguise is an automotive chassis.” Not to mention, having to deal with a pompous foundation was bad enough, let alone a highly egotistical jet-robot.

Speaking of that foundation however, it seemed to have piqued Knockout’s curiosity. ”FLAG stands for the Foundation For Law And Government. They were an organization that my creator had developed which was tasked with eradicating criminal activity that regular law enforcement methods could not touch. They worked with the government, but they were not widely recognized like, say, the FBI or the CIA. One of their programs was what lead to my development- a means of dealing with special crimes through the use of one man and one vehicle.” KARR explained, though as for it being more proactive than anything Knockout had seen on earth, he found it to be equally curious. ”I find it odd that the humans you encountered were not more proactive, given your presence and conflict with the Autobots you mentioned.”

Humanity was all over his chassis the moment he so much as knocked over a drive-in mascot. Certainly there had to be more than just contact with a few small organizations on Knockout’s end. But there was one organization that Knockout visibly detested.

Naturally, KARR was curious, ”Which organization was this, if you do not mind me asking?” He inquired, watching as Knockout moved around to catch all of the streaks Leroy left.

his hood was already starting to take on a mirror-like shine where Knockout had rubbed the wax in, reflecting the overhead lights like they were shining into the surface of a completely still pond. The mech seemed pleased as he went about the task of mending the human’s blunder, a smile spreading across his face. Perhaps buffing was a relaxing activity to him? KARR would not be surprised, given the detail he put into keeping his own bright red paint pristine.

The smile stretched further at the mention of clues and teasing. Perhaps he could send the mech a riddle or some sort of coded file to be decifered? But then again, Knockout was a fan of film, perhaps he could take a few cues from different movies with his playful trail of crumbs. The ex-medic was correct, it would keep the processor sharp on both ends of this mystery.

Alas, it seemed most Decepticons were not very bright or sane for that matter. ”The faction sounds like a nightmare in the making.” KARR opined, how it even functioned was beyond his reasoning.

Though it did explain - possibly- why Knockout may not have been interested in being too sentimental. Not that KARR cared for getting emotional and ‘mushy’ of course. The deepest his basic repertoire of knowledge went for humans alone was that they needed to eat, sleep, drink, and reproduce.

”It seems there is something missing on both our ends without the presence of the other. Perhaps we should seek each other out more often.” KARR replied thoughtfully as he mulled over the presented data. Although as he came back from his analysis, he noticed the lax manner of his companion’s posture, and a slight difference in the way his optics looked over his chassis.

Now, KARR was not an expert on Cybertronians, but it sure looked like Knockout liked having him around.

But the moment things turned back to which machine was superior, the appreciative look turned to a smirk. He shifted his weight onto one hip as he positioned himself for what KARR had come to observe as “sass mode”.

”I do not think, I know. KARR confidently retorted. ”When I have a new chassis made, you will be the first to see it.”

Of course, he meant that rhetorically. It would be impossible to walk from the city to the Drive-In without someone seeing him, unless he opted to ship himself to the little highway-side theater. But then again, that certainly would be quite the appearance, if he busted out of a container completely shiny and new.

Though he did like horror movies, their earlier exchange made the AI think a little further than simply stopping by for a horror movie after the sappy Valentines specials were over.

”Of course, unless you would like to pick apart the romantic flicks you have to put up with as well.” KARR added, ”It could make them more tolerable aside from the profits they bring in.”

There had to be some fun to riffing on a sappy romance.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat May 27, 2017 5:21 pm

So it was Jo. As KARR had confirmed, there weren't any other mechanic shops here. At least, none that the two of them had ever encountered. Knock Out preferred to treat himself since he had the medical expertise, though admittedly he could use a second pair of servoes for a few things. The hospital did not seem a credible option, even if they had a robotic Doctor, and he suspected the Trans Am felt the same. After all, it wasn't like hospitals had a drive-through window. The reason behind the AI's sudden bashfulness about seeing Jo was due to trauma related to deactivation. The mechanic had requested he deactivate so she could make the transfer, and he'd left in a hurry. A metal brow rose, staring down at KARR with no small amount of surprise.

"I never figured you to be the skittish type...but I suppose I can see why you reacted that way. Did you not have to deactivate yourself in order to enter your puppet, or did you find a way around it?" Perhaps it was simply easier to trust himself than it was to trust the mechanic. The former Decepticon could not demonize KARR for that, trust was something held close to the chassis and given only when completely confident in the other person. Still, it sounded as though his companion was trapped between a rock and a hard place. This time, he made 'optic' contact by staring through the darkened windshield. "If you want her help, you may have to swallow some pride and fear! Otherwise, you'll just have to find a different method." Whichever option the Trans Am would go with, the mech was confident he would find a way. They had to find out who was better, after all!

"Honestly? I probably got along with him most of all and half of our time spent together was full of us insulting each other with snide comments! Starscream may have been Second-In-Command, but he certainly didn't earn any friends from his position." A small frown pulled on his facial plates, honestly conflicted about the arrogant jet. He was Starscream, so of course, he was a huge pain in the aft. Even so, Knock Out found himself always drifting towards the Seeker. He couldn't deny that there was something there...a kinship perhaps? If Megatron had expired, after all, it would have been Knock Out who would have become the SiC to Starscream. Maybe after Breakdown's unfortunate death, he was simply desperate for companionship. No matter, as the mech continued to speak his thoughts with a soft huff sounding from his engines. "Starscream's a traitorous glitch who'll throw anyone under the bus if it'll suit his plans. So you'd be right to keep your distance." His name wasn't exactly synonymous with loyalty.

...Foundation for Law and Government? Again, he looked to KARR by staring through his windshield, looking quite puzzled at the name. "And here, I expected something less...bland." Perhaps they just really wanted to be called 'Flag', and came up with the actual words in the acronym later. In any case, it was definitely government affiliated. Knock Out's lips pursed in thought. "What kinds of crimes did they expect you to deal with?" Quite an...odd decision, creating an intelligent robot in car form to be driven by a human just to fight some crime. Similarly odd, of course, was the lack of involvement humans had in their own dealings. "Yes, I'd say that was likely due to Soundwave. In the Decepticon pecking order, he was right behind Starscream. Incredibly loyal to Megatron, but not much of a talker. He was basically a glorified spy, and hacked into all sorts of things to retrieve information. I suspect he used those same skills to keep information about us out of human hands." It sounded like his MO. Otherwise, maybe humans were even dumber than either of them thought!

Sharp digits tensed through the rag, but Knock Out refused to mar the cloth or accidentally scratch KARR's finish. The servo pulled away for a moment, the waxy rag balling up in the palm of his hand while his fingers rubbed against each other lightly with a soft metallic click. The red rings of his optics were narrowed in a fury that was directed at the far away wall. "They called themselves 'MECH'. I don't know what it stood for, but the name was quite appropriate. MECH was made up of humans who were not a part of the government. They sought domination of their world. True to their name, their method for this was by using technology. More than once, they have attacked either an Autobot or Decepticon with the intent of dissecting them and stealing their parts to further their own agenda." An absolutely ghoulish group, though his fury was less for the dissections of his kind as a whole, and more for what they had specifically done to Breakdown. CYLAS deserved every inch of suffering he'd given to the maggot, and more.

Eventually, the anger seeped from him like water from a sieve, leaving only a brief sadistic smile before he returned to work. There was no MECH here, no CYLAS to deal with, and no war either. The experience still filled him with a deep, encompassing rage, but it was rather fleeting. Sometimes he could still hear the tortured screams of that arrogant human, trapped within the body of his faithful assistant and begging for death that came later than he had wanted. The very thought put him in a humming mood as he buffed, crimson optics gleaming. Good ole Breakdown would have been pleased, oh yes. Even better, he could now more easily see his own face in the reflection of KARR's paint! There was no better mood picker-upper. "Yes, by the end of it I was definitely second-guessing my choices...the Decepticon faction did at one point seem the most logical choice to join with. After several thousand Stellar Cycles, I suppose things started to rot from the inside out."

”It seems there is something missing on both our ends without the presence of the other. Perhaps we should seek each other out more often.”

Pfft...only KARR could say something like that and make it sound like the most absolutely logical thing in existence. One plus two equals three. KARR plus Knock Out equals a good time for both. With a snort of good humor rather than callous disregard, the mech smirked widely. Pretending to consider the other's logic, he eventually nodded his helm. "Perhaps we should! I certainly wouldn't have any objections." It was sound logic, after all. Logic that was soon followed up with a bit of ego and pride from the Trans Am, eliciting a shake of the helm from the mech. "We'll just have to see about that, now, won't we?" Horror movies were great fun, but KARR's suggestion drew a deep chuckle from the former medic. He looked down at his friend, already imagining the logical fallacies the AI would point out in such sappy films!

"Ha! I'd actually like to hear you poke fun at those romantic films~! They're so silly and annoying! Talking slag about them with you would make those movies ten times more bearable!"
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Mon May 29, 2017 10:09 pm

He had considered that Knockout would understand. After all, KARR would not have brought it up if there had not been a favorable possibility. It simply would not have made sense to an otherwise logic-minded machine.

”I had managed a work-around, it took time to get the necessary materials and labor arranged to create my secondary chassis for the sake of it, but I managed.” KARR replied, an optic resting on the metallic carcass. ”But that had been a few years ago, what I had constructed in order to create the body, and the drone I used to transfer my CPU between them, may not be there anymore.”

That was when the AI noticed Knockout looking in through the windshield, which given the amount of optics on KARR’s vehicular form, was a strange sight compared to the previous eye-to-scanner contact. Usually people looked in through the windows out of habit- usually that was where the driver was. But, the mech’s words did ring some truth, although KARR was hesitant to swallow that bitter medicine. Taking the mechanic’s help for his maintenance was one thing, but as for letting himself be made so vulnerable again? It sent warning bells off in the very core of his programming. but it would not be the first time he found a work around for the circumstances that be.

”I would not call my “feeling” pride, pre-se.” KARR replied, finding Knockout’s choice of words to be odd. ”Apprehension, fear, distrust, are what I would use to describe it. But not pride. ”

There was no sense of vanity or bruised ego to being reactivated in the abandoned remains of Lab 3 by two lost winos after nearly a year of collecting dust. Betrayal was more accurate a descriptor, the AI reasoned. Especially finding out that the cause of his neglect and disrepair was due to the fact he had been replaced and forgotten. He was not sure what Knockout would have thought of the situation, but the saying “fool me once, shame on you” did not extend past the first verse when it came to the AI. After he found out what happened upon being deactivated the first time, KARR never wanted to let another human near his Pilot Override panel again.

But then again, Knockout never had to deal with that kind of threat, did he?

His experiences were different, he was not the product of human ingenuity and curiosity- he was not expendable and subject to liquidation the moment something better was designed, and neither was he considered property or an expense. Though Knockout was a machine, it was clear he came from a place where being a highly advanced sentient machine was normal. Such was what KARR gained from Knockout’s insight into his time spent with the Decepticons, however unruly they were.

The AI’s optical arrays picked up on the shift in the mech’s expression as he recalled Starscream. ”Your relationship with Starscream sounds complicated. You call him an egotist, traitorous, and intolerant, yet you got along with him the best. This perplexes me.” KARR pointed out, puzzlement clear in his synthetic voice. Though before he could allow Knockout to respond, the AI soon added: ”...Do I remind you of Starscream?”

It was worth asking from the AI’s perspective. Most of their first impressions were snide comments and insults towards each other. Perhaps this was why the two robots got along as they did?

But, Knockout’s outlook regarding the Foundation was amusing- if only a little. He even seemed perplexed as to what they actually were meant to do. Admittedly “fighting criminals that operated above the law” was a little strange sounding to the AI as well, but he would explain to the best of his ability; which happened to be the limited by the extent of his files on the matter.

”Criminal activity that operated above the law, as Wilton intended it. What he meant, I deduce, was more along the lines of criminals who did in actuality operate within the law, but utilized loopholes and bribery to seek their ends and so could not be legally stopped.” It was a tangled web his creator did weave, but not so tangled as what the Decepticons were doing. ”Soundwave’s involvement adds a lot more to why you did not encounter much human interference. If there is no information about you or the Decepticons to find, there is no reason for them to investigate.”

It all seemed very logical to him.

Though as Knockout went on to the topic of MECH, he stopped that circular massaging and balled the waxing rag up in his plated fingers. The way his optics narrowed, the red rings that suggested a “pupil” contracted... His expression conveyed the same way KARR felt regarding the Foundation. It was not hard to know why as the ruby-red medic explained. Their description was ghoulish; attacking and dissecting Cybertronians from both sides to further their plans. From this brief insight alone, it was clear as to why Knockout hated them. Likely some of the Decepticons they targeted were his friends.

”They sound worse than FLAG.” KARR admitted. He had not heard of FLAG or Knight Industries wanting to dissect him and steal his parts, but he could not deny the definite lack of certain... features when he had escaped from storage. ”Were you able to attain some justice for their morbid deeds?”

The way that Knockout relaxed and returned to buffing his hood seemed to suggest that he did indeed find a way, or at least he found closure of some kind. He even hummed a tune as he resumed the circular motion over his glossy black alloy. However, it seemed that the Decepticons that he had joined tarnished over time, it took thousands of stellar cycles before the faction started to fall apart.

”What was so appealing about it in the first place, before it started to fall apart?” KARR could not help but ask, much of his knowledge about the faction made it sound like an inferior choice.

Knockout made a sound like a snort, and the AI observed a smirk spreading across his metallic face. It looked as if he was mulling over the other’s statement, before he nodded in reply. Of course he would see the logic in seeking each other out more, there was nothing unsound about it. Today would be the beginning, so far as the AI saw it. A race after a waxing, and later a movie at the Drive-In to top it off.

”Good, I will have to place some time aside to visit the Drive-In more often, perhaps the Sanctuary as well if you still visit it.” KARR replied.

Though as for the chassis, it would indeed have to be seen, once it was completed in full. In the meantime, there were movies to be seen and picked at for the many, many fallacies within them. The fact that Knockout was truly interested in “talking slag” about them was all the better, if only to make them more bearable during the time he had to show them. Given Valentines only came around once a year, KARR supposed he could take it if Knockout could.

”Naturally, romance itself is nonsensical to the point of idiotic to begin with when portrayed in the arts.” Romeo and Juliet came to mind, along with Phantom of the Opera, and many other plays and writings of the past that filled his cultural databank. ”It deserves all the picking apart and “slag talking” it receives.”
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:34 am

How interesting. So even on his own, KARR resisted deactivating himself. Logical as the Trans-Am was, it seems even he could become traumatized. He had managed to work around that the first time, but this...this would be harder. The resources KARR depended on may not be the same now as they had been years ago. The mech nodded his helm in light agreement. "Yes, things do have a tendency to change here. Putting all of your faith in something that might no longer be around would be a bad idea." It was almost tempting to offer his services, but Knock Out held his glossa. He was hardly qualified to work with this, how many times had he transferred a CPU into another body? KARR's system and body were Earth technology. It was possible that he could mess something up and permanently damage KARR. That'd be great for their friendship, wouldn't it?

Not pride, hm? A lopsided smirk grew on his faceplates, a metal brow rising up in light amusement. "You couldn't bare to explain the situation to Jo before you bolted. That has some degree of pride in it since you didn't want to tell her what was wrong. You didn't want to admit you had a problem. If you told her more, maybe she could have worked something out. And you wouldn't be stuck like this without help." Thick shoulders shrugged, metal bits wobbling. "And you wouldn't be so sheepish about going to see her again." Not a word of it was unkind or cruel, just the pure facts as he saw it. If KARR wound up going to Jo after all, he'd need to swallow his pride and fess up to the mechanic.

”...Do I remind you of Starscream?”

Alabaster lips pursed in thought as he considered the other's thoughts, brows raised up with interest. Again he made optic contact by way of the windshield. The tracking light seemed a bit of an odder place to look at when he was leaning over the other's hood. Starscream was an odd choice for companionship aboard the Nemesis, but what were his other choices? The belligerent Megatron? The brutish Insecticons? Soundwave, the spylike mute? Shockwave, a boring mech that unnerved even Knock Out? And ugh, Predaking... That explained Starscream at least, but what about the Trans Am? Egotistical, perhaps a little bit. The both of them had an overly healthy amount of self-confidence. But the AI hadn't proven himself traitorous, at least not as much as the infamous Second in Command. And he'd been rather open-minded. Finally speaking up, the mech's face twisted into a little grin. "No KARR, you do not. Starscream was an attempt to make the best of a bad situation. While the situation here isn't ideal...it's not quite so bad either. I don't have to 'make the best of it' with you. I actually...like you." Abruptly, ruby red optics fell to the shiny black hood. "We're...friends, I guess." Boy did that sound weird to say.

Elaboration shed some light onto the purpose of FLAG and by extension, KARR himself. Above the law meant criminals other than the norm, since all criminals operated above the law. The one's FLAG contended with were the kind that messed about with the rules. Namely, obeying the letter of the law but not the intent of it. Loopholes and such. Admittedly, it was the kind of criminal he could respect. The clever kind. "So he made the organization, and you, to operate where the normal Law force could not." Thinking about it made the mech laugh to himself, grinning in amusement "It's rather funny, imagining you as a member of the law! Guess you'd have to give yourself speeding tickets!" It certainly explained why FLAG had gone after KARR. He was intended to ride with a human and work together to fight crimes. The Trans Am had other ideas and typical humans, they didn't appreciate it. "Soundwave is a strange mech, but he's quite useful." Of the Decepticons, Soundwave commanded a measure of respect in a way that Megatron and Starscream just couldn't. Whereas they threw their weight around and bellowed their dominance, the silent mech preferred to let his presence and actions speak for themselves. Only against Airachnid did he actually strike a blow against another 'Con and that was in defense of Megatron.

Worse than FLAG? "Perhaps, though in a way they are two sides of the same coin. Both groups wish to use technology beyond their understanding and treat them like mere tools. MECH's methods are horrid but the both of them belong in the Pit." Chasing KARR down like a dog to be hunted was a pretty ugly thing in his optics. The AI was in one piece, but it was clear their intention was to blow him up or tear him apart. Some humans were just disgusting. Speaking of which...the Trans Am inquired if he had managed to get justice and the immediate answer was a wide and sadistic grin. His helm tilted to the side, and Knock Out winked his optic. "You bet I did!" There was no small amount of pride in his vocalizer. "Their leader had the bearings to come before Megatron and insist he could be of any service to the Decepticons. Despite having nabbed and attempted to dissect a member of our faction before, Megatron gave him a chance to prove himself. But when he failed..." He trailed off with a purr. "Well. Let's just say he got to visit my medical bay. And I performed a thorough examination." An extended medical stay.

Sweeping the rag across the shiny surface, pondering to himself. What was so appealing about the Decepticons? He snorted to himself derisively. "I was never one for politics, so when it came to a choice between the Autobots or the Decepticons... I wasn't really paying attention to what each faction was fighting for. But...the Decepticons did seem to project an air of freedom around them. Autobots were a far bit more self-righteous. The Decepticons insisted they were fighting against the system, and when I went to join...they were winning. I joined the winning side! Though I guess in the end, that didn't work out..." Yes, somehow those 'Bots had managed to pull through and win the day. He wouldn't have minded it so much if it weren't for the way they had rejected him and taking him prisoner.

"Yeah?" He grinned at the other, soon nodding his helm once again. "I do still visit it, occasionally. I'd be glad to see you in there!" Knock Out didn't mind the people who frequented the Sanctuary but they were mostly organic. Having another robot around would be better than great! "Perhaps I too, can make more time to come around and visit this place." An arm gestured vaguely around the garage. A rumbling chuckle signaled the mech's agreement with KARR, as he pulled away from the other's hood, apparently done with his work. "You're right, the arts make romance seem positively obnoxious! People pining for each other, dramatic arguments about who washes the dishes, two people get married only to have one of the partners die. It's all worthy of slag-talking and optic rolling!" Absolutely ridiculous, and not at all very good representation of this thing called 'romance'.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:21 am

Unfortunately, a lack of resources was the least of the AI’s worries, as Knockout’s expression went from contemplative to a smirk. According to Knockout, it had been a matter of pride, though his reasonings behind the answer were incredibly presumptuous.

”You are wrong, Knockout, I had told her. There was nothing that could be worked out.” KARR replied, ”She said it could not be done per the work ethic of her shop, that she would put my circuitry at risk if she did so.”

Though he had not meant any ill-will in his statements, the AI had issue with how inaccurate his assumption was. When it came to whether or not he reminded him of Starscream however, the medic’s answer was far more informed. Of course, it should be, given that he had known the other Decepticon for so long. Although his relationship with the jet-plane robot had been more for necessity and making the best of his situation, it apparently did not feel that way in regards to his relationship with the AI. He actually liked him. They were actually friends.

”I understand how you feel, my past partnerships with humans had been out of necessity... As was my partnership with the Dark Judges. This does not remind me of any of those past relationships. They had been for survival, for trying to make sense of the world I had been brought into, and for my own needs. Though my thoughts regarding my prior driver are... mixed, I know I like having you around as well.” KARR replied, pausing for a moment before adding; ”...I am glad I do not remind you of Starscream, that I am not a means of trying to make the best of a bad situation.”

When it came to FLAG however, Knockout seemed ot get the point of it. Although the thought of the two-toned Trans-Am being part of law enforcement was oddly amusing to him. Odd to the AI, as he felt differently upon the matter.

He admittance came hesitantly, but the AI was genuine about every word ”...Despite how I talk of it, I had resented that I had been replaced. I know I could have worked as well as that inferior model in the field. The Foundation abandoned me over the decision to program me for the sake of protecting their own work, that I did not become damaged. KITT and I were nearly the exact same in terms of hardware,software, and performance, save for a difference in our prime directives. There was no reason why I, fundamentally, could not have done the work.” But of course, KARR could not help but let his ego slip in, ”I could have done the work better, even.”

Self preservation, while it seemed to make little sense for a machine being put into a law-enforcement role, made perfect sense for the engineers who wanted to ensure that their single millions of dollars worth of super-car did not destroy itself. Yet despite all the work put into him, all that he had been made up to be, it was KITT who had gotten all of the adoration, all of the care that the Foundation poured into him. But, now that the Foundation no longer existed, that KITT no longer existed... His vendetta steadily trailed off into nothing but bytes of memory. Much like the topic of Soundwave dwindled in the face of more interesting subjects, such as the matter that was MECH.

Both had the same goals and motivations, though their methods only differed. Despite this, Knockout deemed that both were better off in the pit. KARR whole-heartedly agreed. Even better, Knockout managed to get some manner of revenge against those butchers. He did not get into the details, but from the look upon his face, the ruby-red mech got plenty of just desserts. Though the fact that their leader had foolishly thought to join the ones he had tried to take apart made it all the more sweeter.

”I am surprised he made the attempt, given he had essentially attempted to murder your peers prior. But, I suppose he thought himself clever, trying to join you, likely for the sake of furthering his own goals.” KARR considered upon listening to Knockout tell him the tale.

The rag swept across the surface of his alloy, and a few more amateur streaks vanished under Knockout’s precise attentions. All the while, KARR listened attentively as his friend went on to talk of what made him join. Politics were not the motivating factor here, but merely wishing to be on the winning side and freedom. The way the Autobots seemed so self-righteous discouraged him from joining their ranks. In a way he supposed FLAG was similar: self-righteous, even pompous in the way they did things. Though KARR was not exactly sure what was meant by “fighting against the system.” but from the sound of it, the entire situation sounded like a revolt or a social upheaval.

”What system was this? Why was it being fought against?” He could not help but ask, finding the whole matter curious.

Visiting the Sanctuary certainly boosted Knockout’s spirits, especially the promise that he would see him in there. In turn, Knockout would come visit the garage that KARR squatted in for the time being. The AI would certainly appreciate the visit, though he would be seeking out the theater more often. Though the garage was quiet and very open, having a movie playing in the background helped with conversation topics and general amusement. His hood shone like a black mirror as Knockout stepped back to look it over, reflecting his visage with crystal clarity, beneath the overhead lights. The panel looked almost as if it had been put onto him from a newer model, compared to the rest of him that still had odd streaks.

”Agreed, it is a wonder why it is a genre in the first place.” KARR added, though he knew very little about actual romance himself.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:47 am

Well, color Knock Out flabbergasted. With an ever rising metal brow, he could only purse his lips in thought. "If you explained yourself to her, why do you think she would have a bad impression of you?" He had been operating under the assumption that KARR fled the scene and left the mechanic with no explanation. That would certainly leave a bad taste in the mechanic's mouth! But if that wasn't the case... "If you explained why you were uncomfortable, and she explained why it couldn't be done, I don't see any issue here besides the obvious one where you're stuck between a rock and a hard place." If Jo wouldn't budge and neither would the AI, then it was clear that they were simply going nowhere. It wouldn't be a problem of bad impressions so much as...there was just nothing to be done!

On the subject of past partnerships, Knock Out couldn't help but smirk as he listened. So the two of them were similar in more ways than expected. They were ambitious, willing to strike up allies and partners in order to get ahead and survive. Even the human punk who'd done an awful wax job was a means to an end. It was a trait that the mech could respect, as he knew what it was like to live on the run and have to schmooze himself and Breakdown into the good graces of others. Starscream was a traitor, but he was also clever and sticking by the jet always felt like he was securing himself in case ole Megatron kicked the bucket. Between the two, he would have preferred Starscream as a leader. A shame things didn't work out like he'd hoped. "Indeed. Starscream was the best of a bad situation but he was also a bomb waiting to explode." And let's not forget how the jet had managed to evade the Autobots only to leave Knock Out in their brig! A bitter huff sounded from the former medic, optics rolling. "You are far better company."

Listening patiently to KARR's admission, the Decepticon was respectful. He could understand the feeling, after all. Despite the way he looked back on his creator, the sentimental old fool, he too would have felt hurt if the mech had decided that Knock Out wasn't a good enough student and protege, going on to create a new Sparkling. A little frown grew on his ivory faceplates. "Even worse, this KITT sounds like a real downgrade to me. So what if he valued the life of his human driver? What if the human driver became a hostage? What if KITT had to choose between arresting a dangerous criminal or saving the life of one puny human? With those restrictions they placed on him, he would have obviously tried to save the driver. How that's supposed to be an 'upgrade' is beyond me." The entire ordeal just felt slimy and disgusting to the mech. Humans that wanted to pat themselves on the back and sacrifice the mechanic beings they created to save fleshy lives. And if someone like KARR did not conform the way they wished...ugh. A disgusted snort sounded from him, soon followed by a firm nod. "You would have been a better, smarter operative."

"It surprised me too. I was sure that Megatron would have rejected him on the spot but I suppose he wanted to test the man...as for the human himself, I think he was arrogant." Yes yes, quite ironic considering the type of mech Knock Out was, but hypocrisy wasn't new to the Crimson Decepticon. "He must have thought himself better than the average human, grand enough to join our ranks. Good thing I cut him down to size~" A deep and devious chuckle sounded from Knock Out, optics shining brightly with cruel mirth. A fitting end, really. The saying goes that "an eye for an eye makes the world go blind", but he took an eye for an optic and the world was still as vibrant as ever!

Ah yes...the system that had been in place, the very epicenter of the war. Megatron's rallying force and how he had gathered enough support to create a civil war. "A caste system," Knock Out began, tone a little bit heavier though not to the point of becoming grave. "If you were sparked with the body of a miner, your creators having been miners, then guess what? You would have been a miner for life. And that was all there was to it. From the lowest of the low to the highest of the high, your course in life was set. As you can imagine, this led to some anger and unrest eventually. As a member of the medic caste, I was actually pretty high up! It wasn't too bad, although I chafed under the restrictions. I may have had the body of a medic, but my spark certainly wasn't that of a medic's. I appreciate the skills I have, but to live that life until I offlined, constantly doctoring patients and never leaving the medical office..." He grimaced openly. It was such a restrictive feeling. He would have never been able to race, nor open up a Drive-In. His duty would have been to his patients, forever more. Not the life he would have wanted for himself.

Shaking his helm with a sigh, Knock Out continued. "As sore as mechs got under that system, nobody did anything about it until Megatron. He was born of the lowest caste, a simple miner. He detested his lot in life, and took part in gladiator matches to the death to prove himself. He became close with a mech who would become leader of the Autobots. The two split over their philosophies, as Optimus agreed that the caste system was unfair but disagreed with Megatron's more violent methods. The civil war began and it has lasted ever since." Not a bad reason to engage in a war, perhaps, but the destruction of their planet was the price to be paid.

With KARR's hood shining so bright as to reflect his image perfectly, the mech couldn't help but to preen and admire himself. Ah, much better indeed! And yet, there were still some streaks splattered across the ebony paint. Knock Out's mouth flattened with a hum, looking the Trans Am over again. "Do you want a full wax?" It would be a shame to leave him looking only partially fantastic. And as for the fanciful genre, the mech could only chuckle lowly. "It's a genre only because humans are fond of romance and the certain things that come with it. Watching romantic movies puts them in the mood for their partners...not the best reason for a genre at all."
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:06 am

Knockout did not see where the issue would arise, as KARR had explained himself to the mechanic, and why he could not go through with it. So, perhaps it was not what the AI had initially believed, at least when it was put in that perspective.

Inside the cockpit, Knockout would see the glow of his vox reflecting off the seat as he replied, sounding rather thoughtful; ”...Perhaps there is no real issue like I had perceived, when you say it like that. It simply is something that cannot be done by her, but maintenance may still be a viable option.”

As for the matter that was Starscream and Knockout however... That had been loaded with many an issue. His relationship with the mech was described like a ticking time-bomb, where as he and KARR were decidedly far better company. To think he was better company than one of his own kind admittedly warmed the AI’s ego a little, and put a few brief concerns to rest.

”Good, I like hearing that I am better then that frivolous jet.” He replied, no amount of pride absent from his voice.

It only swelled further as Knockout went and started picking at the logistical follies of having a vehicle that valued the life of a human above its own. ”When you put it that way, it does sound incredibly biased.” The AI’s vocalizer paused for a moment, before a more mirthful tone emerged among his synthetic voice. ”Not only am I a better, smarter operative, that must make me the superior version as well, for the sake of being unable to be pulled one way or the other over a single human. Clearly. I can decide completely for myself which way to go with a situation... You know, even when I had confronted KITT, it was easy to exploit his programming as a weakness.”

All he had to do was threaten Michael, and KITT came running, insofar as to place himself scanner-first at point blank range of a laser built to destroy machines like him. How like that pompous foundation to essentially build themselves a mechanical martyr. They were asking to be cut down to size just as readily as the man from MECH. KARR could not help but join him in his laughter, though he was not there for the affair, he knew exactly what Knockout was talking about. The joy of a good vengeance and knocking some fool down a few pegs.

”That fool,” He said, coming out of his laugh. ”I would like to think that perhaps the point was to set him up to fall to his end.”

There was nothing better than setting up a few pawns to knock them over, right? Or so the AI saw it.

Though the mood shifted as Knockout spoke about the caste system. It seemed their bodies determined what exactly their function was, regardless of what they wanted to be. Perhaps this set up would have worked if the members within were not sentient or self aware, but since they were... Well, Knockout illustrated it well enough.

”I can see the desire for rebellion. Though I find your system interesting, as it is reminiscent of the caste system that was adopted in India. With their beliefs, they were set in tiers from highest to lowest, and depending on where you were born, that was where you were destined to remain. The people who were restricted to the lower castes felt the same way you did. It was restricting and discriminatory.” KARR added, ”Until the time I had been pulled from my dimension, there still were problems and protesting going on. Your Megatron and Optimus are reminiscent of a few protest leaders in that area as well.”

Though the fact that civil war had still been going on was... surprising. ”They never settled or liberated the castes, they simply kept fighting?” To the AI, the line of action just seemed illogical. ”They were still fighting over the same thing, correct?”

KARR’s optics watched at Knockout primped and preened in the reflection of his hood. He must have looked good, if he reflected the ruby red mech to the point where he could see himself. Though as for the rest of him, it looked very... different. Different enough to offer a full waxing.

”Yes, please.” He answered, perhaps too eagerly. In the past he would have been fine with his paint being marred or scuffed, and the shine in differing places, but as he had gotten used to being waxed and cared for in Fear’s company... It had become a routine he missed upon moving on.

Though the AI inwardly wretched at the thought of a cinematic genre solely for the sake of getting the pheromones flowing. Reproduction may be a need, but why they put so much... emphasis on it was beyond him.

”Here I thought their needs to reproduce were more of an off-hand requirement compared to eating and drinking. They have entire genre devoted to it.” Something about that just... sat weird with the computer.

At a population of 4,599,003,374 strong when he left, it was not like they were running out of people!
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:53 am

Crimson optics took in that glow, listening to the thoughtful words KARR had to express after hearing his take on the subject. "Indeed. She has the know-how and the skills for maintenance, by the sounds of it! It is a shame that you've hit a brick wall with this...but I'm sure you'll figure out another way." It may take a bit more time than a visit to Josephine, but that was the price to be paid. So long as the work was done to make this body, and KARR didn't feel threatened during the transfer, there shouldn't be an issue.

Knock Out smirked openly, almost amused at just how full of pride the Trans Am was. But unlike Starscream, KARR was not tripping over himself to insist he was the better than anybody else. He was a bit prideful, arrogant, but these weren't features that the mech looked down upon! Especially when the AI in question was a great deal more bearable than the Seeker. Frivolous jet...he'd have to remember that one. "As far as I'm concerned, it's not even a competition. You are leagues better company than him." The other's dawning realization of just how bias his creators made the mech nod in firm agreement. Weight shifted onto one hip as he leaned upon it, a small bark of a laugh sounding from his vocalizer. "This KITT sounds like he was no better than your average Autobot! They too valued the life of their human friends. Like you, we also took advantage of that weakness!" Amusement shifted to a light frown. "Of course, we underestimated just how much Optimus valued the sentient life on Earth..." In their defense, nobody could have predicted that the fool would destroy any chance of rebuilding Cybertron to save the humans on Earth. The Prime was lucky he managed to find a way to bring Cybertron back anyway because that was a fragging gamble.

Chuckling along with KARR, the mech found himself in agreement with the Trans Am. "I wouldn't doubt it! He had a habit of giving others enough rope to hang themselves with." There was no other possibility. Megatron openly despised humans, so perhaps he merely wished to give CYLAS hope that he'd be welcomed among them. Only to dash those hopes later. What a sadist...it was almost a respectable trait, if not for the fact that Knock Out himself had been left dangling by those ropes he'd managed to hang himself with. Sadism was always most captivating when not aimed at yourself!

Metal brows arched with interest, so humans also had something of a caste system? Knock Out had already deduced the social hierarchy system based on money, but India was more reminiscent of Cybertron. "Hm...rather uncanny, but I suppose that's the nature of sentient beings. Even when they built you, they designated you lesser because of the way you were created. A very inferior thought process." Learning that there had been human leaders that were similar to Optimus and Megatron was quite the detail as well. The mech smirked to himself with a snort. "A shame these leaders never met the two of them, I bet it'd be trippy." Like gazing into a horrid, fleshy mirror!

"Basically." The Crimson Decepticon droned with a dull tone. "They both wanted the same thing, but Optimus did not agree with Megatron's methods. He sought to destroy the corrupt leaders, whereas Optimus probably wished to peacefully negotiate." His optics rolled. "Megatron was also not opposed to killing those who stood against him, and neither side was eager for an agreement. Megatron wouldn't back down, and Optimus wouldn't compromise his morals. Eventually, the war tore our planet apart." Couldn't really afford a caste system when they had no planet to call home.

"Full wax, coming up!" Knock Out announced brightly, already dabbing more wax onto the cloth. He moved to the side of KARR's hood, bringing the cloth down to coat the paint with the softened wax. Like before, he kept a sturdy pressure upon the other vehicle, moving his arm in steady circles as he worked. Attention was focused on the black part of the Trans Am's paint job, unable to keep himself from wanting the ebony shell to look as shiny as it could. "Oh Primus!" He let out a choked laugh, pausing in his work to give shoot the windshield an amused grin. KARR really was rather inexperienced when it came to humans, wasn't he? "Technially you are right, it is a biological urge not unlike eating and sleeping. And yet, it's a huge thing for humans! They crave romance, and romance leads to interfacing! Half the time, they aren't even trying to make sparklings, they're just...fooling about for fun!" A truly confusing drive.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Indeed, KARR would find himself another way, he had done so the first time after all. He knew he was resourceful enough to find another means of acquiring a second body, and smart enough to keep said resources around in case he needed anything further. With the way this world operated, the AI was never faced with a single, lone path to solve any problem he had been faced with.

It was one of the many reasons that the AI considered himself so superior, though Knockout’s input certainly added to the long list that was KARR’s many explanations and arguments for why he was so great. He was leagues better than Starscream, without even needing to turn into another vehicle or a bipedal chassis. As for KITT? KARR never saw it as a competition of who was better.

...But there was no better feeling to hear someone affirm what he already knew.

”In that sense, we are more alike than I thought.” KARR agreed, although when it came to Optimus, the AI could not help but question when he meant. ” I do not believe you have told me about this. What did Optimus do?”

The way that Knockout frowned suggested that obviously it was something rather drastic, all for the sake of preserving life on Earth. In a sense, it reminded him of KITT, that desire to do anything for the humans that they cherished so dearly. As for Megatron, it seemed the AI was correct to think that the human’s demise had been planned up to the very mistake that lead to it. Although the remark that the ex-medic used was oddly intriguing.

”Enough rope to hang themselves with indeed...” KARR replied thoughtfully, mulling over the saying. He would have to keep it in mind for later.

Or perhaps it would be sooner, as Knockout went on to give his two cents regarding the caste system that some parts of Earth had implemented. Always looking for a way to ensure that one was higher than their other, even if it meant relegating their own creations to be lesser than their creators. Something about that logic was incredibly off, and yet ironic.

The AI leant his own commentary upon the matter; ”It seems to be so, yet, their intelligence I believe also could be encompassed your earlier statement. That it allowed them enough rope to hang themselves.” He paused, but failed to leave Knockout guessing as to what that cryptic statement entailed, ”They are smart enough to create artificial life, an entity that surpasses their own ability and intellect, and yet they think it wise to call it inferior. It is folly to expect they would remain subservient. I find it similar to your planet’s conundrum regarding your caste system and the resulting uprising.”

Though he had not previously considered what it would be like if the rebel leaders from either planet came to meet each other, Knockout had certainly opened up his processors to that hypothetical situation.

”Going by the information you had given me, Megatron likely would wish to kill off the human leaders and move on to violently wipe out the caste system of India, while Optimus would want to protect them, perhaps even work with the leaders of the rebellion. The resulting argument of both methods would inevitably split the nation in two as they fought from the inside out and leave it in ruins by the time they were finished.” KARR stated, the pace of his scanner quickening as the bar of light leaped to either side of his -now fabulously shiny- nose.

Evidently, his assumption upon the matter was very apt, as it seemed that both leaders and their methods inevitably tore apart their home. The fact that both were not exactly peaceful in any matter- including Optimus’ shaky desire for peace and obviously lesser desire for pacifism. After all, if he really was peaceful, would he and his side have contributed to the planet’s destruction? Or so that was what the AI had gleaned from all of this. Although there was one part of it all that KARR had trouble figuring out:

”How did Earth get involved in your war? Shouldn’t it have ended once your planet had been ruined?” He questioned, ”I would think that both sides would have been forced to a decision, or an ultimatum regarding the caste system the moment you no longer had a home to return to after all of your fighting.”

No matter how big a fight was, something so vast as a planet being destroyed would be impossible to ignore. It was much like KARR somehow ignoring the fact that his hood was shiny and bright, but the rest of him was a streaky mess. Microscanners observed as th bright red mech went and dipped the cloth into the wax once again, and started to rub small circles over the surface of his MBS. With the way his eyes were trained upon his work, the AI could only consider that fixing Leroy’s mistakes were as pleasing to Knockout as they were to himself.

Not long after, he picked up the sound of laughter, directed at the AI. Had he said something amusing? Evidently so, as Knockout went on to explain that humans were just... the most carnal animals he had ever had the misfortune of meeting. They were not interested in actually reproducing most of the time, and just found the act of it fun! That was admittedly a little difficult for him to wrap his processors around, but when it came to experience versus academic data, Knockout’s experience on the matter won out.

A low rumble, like a hum, purred from the AI’s vocalizer, ”I see... And I suppose there is anatomical data that contributes to your theory. Reproduction for humans is considered very pleasurable given the stimulation of nerve centers in the genitals, and the release of pleasure and reward chemicals in the brain.” KARR considered the matter further before adding; ”They could simply be addicted to the chemical release, which drives their desire to reproduce.”

He had a number of files at hand on the matter, mostly as a built in guide book in taking care of a human. Wilton had after all initially intended for him to have a human pilot despite his programming. He turned his attention back to Knockout’s buffing motion, and the way that the streaks steadily disappeared beneath the ex-medic’s skilled attention. Though in order to actually see the results, it took some clever observation using the reflective surface of Knockout’s own paint.

”Thank you, Knockout, for doing this for me.” KARR added after a few moments of quiet.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:44 am

Indeed, KARR's methods were not too far removed from a Decepticon's! Though compared to the bulk of them, the Trans Am was obviously more level headed and logical. The comparison made the amused smirk return to Knock Out's face-plates before they shifted to a more thoughtful expression. Ah yes, the Omega Lock...it felt like it had happened so long ago, now. "Well, you remember that I mentioned our planet had been ruined during the war? We managed to locate something that would restore Cybertron to its former glory. The Omega Lock. To use it, however, we needed four keys that the Autobots held. Of course, all it took was rounding out their little human pets and they forked the keys over willingly." The mech's tone dripped into the sardonic, viewing the surrender as pretty pathetic. All it took to get an Autobot to roll over was to threaten some fleshbag who could pop if you poked them wrong. "Things were going fine enough...Megatron tested the Omega Lock and restored a building on the planet's surface. But he got cocky, and rather than immediately fix up Cybertron while he had the chance, he decided to use a Space Bridge to direct the Omega Lock's energy for Earth, intending to cyberform it into a second Cybertron. Being the ultimate goody goody, Optimus did the unthinkable and charged through our forces, severed one of Megatron's arms, and utterly destroyed the Omega Lock. He saved Earth, but our last chance for restoring Cybertron had seemingly been shattered." It had been a dark time, and Knock Out's voice reflected this viewpoint a bit. However, he didn't seem nearly as down about it as he probably should have been. It had been more of a shock than a horrifying moment. Sucked for Cybertron, and he had no idea that Prime had the ball bearings, but things weren't quite as drastic as it may have first seemed to be.

A metal brow rose, wondering for a moment if the AI needed an explanation for what the idiom meant but KARR didn't seem puzzled. Perhaps he was getting more used to these types of sayings. Enough to actually use his own saying to explain the folly of humanity! With no small amount of interest, Knock Out listened with a steadily growing smirk. "Right you are, KARR, right you are... They may be intelligent, but perhaps they're too smart for their own good. They cause their own destruction, just as the former leaders of my world did." Seemed to be a reoccurring theme, even including Megatron himself. Perhaps if he focused on Cybertron, fixing it while he had the chance, he could have had Cybertron up and running! Cyberforming Earth could have waited, especially when the Autobots were right there and able to interfere.

Listening to the Trans Am's hypothesis about what would have happened if Megatron and Optimus had learned of the caste system on Earth, the mech laughed softly. Arms folding briefly over his chassis, Knock Out rolled his optics lightheartedly. "Sounds like exactly what happened on Cybertron." Right down to leaving the place in ruins. "When you summarize it like that, it sounds even worse. Though when you get down to it...I guess there's not much else to be done. Either Megatron would have backed down and allowed the caste system to stay, or Optimus would have let Megatron do as he wished and probably appoint himself leader of the entire planet at the end of it all." Neither were actions that would be keeping to the nature of the respective leaders. As long as those two were at the helm of this conflict, there'd be no peace.

Now see, you'd think that would be the case...but for robotic aliens, it obviously hadn't been so easy. Shrugging softly, the mech waved a servo in the air. "Oh no, once we realized what happened to Cybertron...both sides scattered like rats escaping from a sinking ship. And differences between the sides were only exacerbated afterward. Once Cybertron became a horrid shell, there could be no peace among us. Autobots held a grudge, Decepticons held a grudge...just bad vibes on both sides. We tried to make our way on our own, keeping to ourselves. I'd actually been traveling with my former assistant for the longest time, tracking down Energon trails and enjoying life. As for how Earth got involved..." His arms shifted positions, allowing a servo to cusp his own chin.

"I believe Earth came into our radar because a group of Autobots took refuge on it. Among them was the leader, Optimus Prime. I suspect they were there for the Energon that grew on the planet naturally, and between that and Optimus' presence there, Megatron was quite interested. My assistant and I were summoned because of my rank. Not many Decepticon medics, and I'm the best of the best~." Knock Out punctuated his bragging with a sly wink. "Earth turned out to be more important to our cause and war than we had realized... The old Overseer of our planet's records had foreseen the Autobots' arrival to Earth somehow and scattered important artifacts all over its surface. Among them, the keys to the Omega Lock. Our war only thrived as we fought each other for possession of these relics to gain power over each other." New planet, same slag.

Waxing was indeed a very nice sensation, the movement was familiar and getting a chance to wax somebody else was always nice. KARR's paintjob was very complimentary, even if black was not his own color. The more shine, the better! His work only paused at his laughter, grinning widely even though the Trans Am obviously didn't find it nearly as amusing. Moreso just...strange. With a thoughtful hum, the AI gave further explanation on why humans worked in such a strange way. The mech's face openly twisted in a bit of disgust at the description. Nerve centers, genitals, augh. Why. Why were they made like that? "Probably." Knock Out drawled. "Organics seem to become addicted quite easily. I wouldn't be surprised if interfacing is just another addiction for many of them." Like a bunch of animals sometimes, the way they sought out such an action. In the quiet that settled among them, the former medic easily settled back into his ministrations with a vaguely pleased expression upon his face. As he began to move closer towards the driver's side door, he glanced up from his work briefly once the other had spoken up again.

"Hm?" Ah, KARR was thanking him. A pleased smirk pulled its way onto his face, before tilting his helm to the other AI. "Well, I couldn't just let you ride around covered in streaks. I may enjoy looking better than you, but it's nice to have a bit of competition. If I win without even trying, it's just a little...hollow!" Returning to the buffering with the rag, there was only a brief silence before he spoke up again, more sincere this time. "You're welcome. I appreciate the time we get to spend together."
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:28 am

Knockout’s face spread into a grin, and the AI was soon regaled with the tale of the Omega Lock and its fate. Four keys were needed to operate it, and Knockout’s faction at the time acquired them through bartering the humans that the Autobots held dear. There was something about that which the AI felt familiar. He was no stranger to holding hostages to gain an advantage, in fact it was one of the better ways to gain an advantage in the first place. KARR held his figurative tongue however as Knockout went on with his story, revealing that the reason why Cybertron had not been fixed was that their leader had decided to make a second Cybertron on earth instead. This Optimus cybertronian flew into a rage, and ultimately destroyed their chances for survival over protecting a planet that was not his.

”He reminds me of KITT.” KARR responded after processing all of what Knockout had said. ”That fool would have acted just as recklessly to protect his driver. That aside, looking at both of these ’leaders’, I find each of their acts to be folly for the reasons you have already mentioned.”

Of course, never the AI mind that Earth had been his home too. But if it had been transformed into a mechanical planet and all life had been stripped from the surface, he doubted he would really mind all that much. No life meant no humans, and if there were no humans, he did not have to worry about being someone’s pawn or deactivation. Smart as they were, they were too smart for their own good, as Knockout had agreed. Though the AI could not help but figure a very devious third option to add to the mix:

”They could have repaired cybertron, and waited for the Autobots to get comfortable before Cyberforming Earth while they were placated and distracted with their restored home world.” It was worth offering, so long as they were speaking about hypotheticals and what-ifs.

Laughter echoed briefly around the warehouse. KARR’s hypothesis was exactly the outcome of the fighting on Knockout’s home world from what the medic had stated, if not worse. As for his bright red friend’s outlook, either Megatron would have let the caste system remain, or Optimus would have let Megatron run everything. Though as stubborn as those two were, KARR had his doubts that things would exactly play out in that way... But the again this was a race that had a war, destroyed their own planet during said war, and went on to almost destroy another planet while continuing it. Or, maybe they did not. KARR listened as it was revealed that once the planet was destroyed, they actually scattered and the factions held a standing grudge against each other. The only reason Earth got involved was that their fuel source had been found on its surface. With this new information, it certainly made more sense than simply jumping from planet to planet, waging an endless war. Though he also soon found there was a less sensible reason for why they were drawn to Earth.

Their predecessors had left artifacts on Earth? If the AI was physically able, all of his optics, micro and macro, would have narrowed into a legion of hard squints.

”I do not see the sense in leaving precious artifacts on a planet that has a highly curious and enterprising race calling it home.” KARR opined. ”Your Overseer would not have happened to foresee what would have happened should these artifacts have not been discovered by Cybertronians first, and instead... Have been discovered by humans, would he?”

KARR was no stranger to the infinite number of opportunities that people could worm their grabby little fingers into. If a simple boat repairman and his girlfriend could stumble across him, a multi-million dollar specialized vehicle, buried in the sand and dig him out, they could find these keys, or any other artifact that this so-called Overseer had misplaced all over the planet. They probably would have figured out how to use them too if given enough time. Was he a tad too confident? Maybe, but given that same minimum wage boat-repairman took less than a week to learn how to conduct basic maintenance upon his high-end systems, and installed a prototype laser into his chassis to boot; KARR had since learned not to underestimate the ingenuity and learning capacity of the human race when they were properly motivated. Though, on the topic of methods of motivation for organic beings, dopamine, oxytocin, endorphins and serotonin were the kind that enraptured a human and just plain disgusted Knockout to the point where the AI was certain was going to squirm where he stood.

”Indeed, my experiences with human addiction were introduced by The Rev and his drinking. Initially I had believed he simply required ethanol as a dietary necessity.” Thus, KARR skillfuly -to himself at least- diverted the conversation away from that nasty matter of reproduction. ”It seems it can grow to the point where it does feel like a necessary requirement, or a basic need from what I have witnessed.”

Much like Knockout felt the need to look his best, and in turn make sure KARR looked his best. Even if it was only for the sake of competition, it turned their relationship into a sort of cleaning symbiosis, if only temporarily. Of course, KARR refrained from how he usually dealt with competition as Knockout smirked and tilted his head; wherein he ensured he had the upper hand before engaging in any conflict. but when it came to looks? The AI knew his lines and hand-crafted engineering would win over anyone he came across. He knew, because it was what he experienced.

Though in the following silence, Knockout’s tone turned sentimental, genuine. ”I am glad, Knockout. I enjoy spending time with you as well.” Especially since up until now, they did not spend much time together outside of the Drive-In.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Indeed, KITT and Optimus were very much alike. Both were quite foolish, ready to throw away everything in the name of their human companions. With a flourish arm gesture, the mech cocked his helm to the side as he pondered such similarities. "I agree, though I find it interesting... KITT was created to act in such a way, to care for the well-being of his driver above all else. I wonder what could fuel Optimus to behave in such a way?" He shrugged softly, frowning at KARR with a sincere sort of confusion in his bright ruby optics. "Decepticons may have very brutish members among their ranks, but I've found I understand their methods more than I do the likes of the Autobots. If the humans are leading to their own destruction, why ruin the chances for our planet just to prolong theirs? Not to mention that he will obviously outlive any of those fleshy pets he covets so much... It just seems like a waste." Not a lick of sense, not a single one! Sentimental old fool.

Of course, Megatron was a fool as well. The Trans Am may have been created by humans, but even KARR, who was quite young by their standards, could come up with a better plan than the old Gladiator! If only Megatron could have spared an ounce of patience... If he had completely reformed Cybertron and allowed Optimus' group to stay, even if only for a while? They could have kept them distracted and cyberformed Earth behind their backs. What had even been stopping them from taking the group prisoner after reforming Cybertron, anyway?! But nooo... He just had to tease the Prime, had to rub his victory in his opponent's face. Knock Out huffed, optics rolling as he spoke with a dry tone. "You are correct, KARR. That would have been a much better plan! Hmph... Not to mention, it would have saved us time and resources." Before the AI could ask for elaboration, the medic rolled his shoulders casually as he explained. "We were later able to repair the Omega Lock, but we had to take the Autobot Medic hostage and strongarm him into assisting us. Before I came here, we had restored Cybertron to its former glory... but Megatron had been offlined in an altercation with the Autobots. Starscream and another high-ranking officer had managed to escape while the rest of us...were taken prisoner and locked in the brig." It came out in an irritated grumble, he was still quite bitter about the circumstances he had been in before his arrival to this world. It did help make the realities of this world a far easier pill to swallow, knowing that all he had to look forward to back home was being locked away.

KARR's further bouts of logic drew a sly smirk to Knock Out's faceplates, considering his words carefully. It was quite convenient that no humans had managed to make contact with the majority of the relics hidden on Earth. The phase shifter had been hidden behind the walls of a subway tunnel, for Primus' sake! "I suppose he must not have been able to see quite that far ahead." The mech chuckled softly at his own sort of 'pun'. "Otherwise, he would have informed the Autobots about the location of the Energon Harvester! Ancient humans actually managed to find that one, but apparently thought it to be an orb used by their Gods. The most they did with it was put it on display in a museum!"

Ah, alcoholism. The mech hummed thoughtfully to himself as he continued to rub KARR's ebony paintjob down with the wax. He had focused his attention to the bottom of the door now, where the paint had shifted its color. Although not nearly as personally familiar with the concept as the Trans Am was, Knock Out at least knew of the addiction to alcohol. "Yes...for humans, that can be quite an issue. It is fine in small doses, sometimes even enjoyable, but when you are dependent on a substance to function... Eesh." He grimaced, though the disgust edged off as he saw his face so easily reflected in the other's paint from his kneeled position. "It's not pretty." Cleaning took up his attention for the moment, and the mech couldn't help but think on what an odd occasion this was. It wasn't often that he buffed up an actual car, that is. He had done body work on patients, part of the job was making sure they looked presentable as well as combatting rust and other issues, but it had never been done in alt mode. He also lacked his usual table to work on but with the shrinking ring on, he didn't feel too inconvenienced. Enjoying the company of somebody he liked was only the cherry on top.

"I'm glad too." The smirk gracing his face was lazy rather than malicious, pleased all around as he worked. "It is...strange, at times, to be here. But I appreciate that I got to meet you. Despite how violent our races have been in the past, I feel like I can...understand you." None of it was smooth flattery, all of it was the truth. Decepticons were chaotic and power-hungry, Autobots too self-righteous. KARR was logical, but not boring with it. The hobbies they had in common only heightened the strange sort of 'kin'-ship he felt with the Trans Am.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:36 am

Knockout raised an interesting point. While KITT was programmed for the preservation of human life, this Optimus Prime -as he had just learned- was not. Just as it was confusing for Knockout, as he elaborated on the many factors that made preserving the human race otherwise defuct, KARR found it difficult to understand how Optimus would put the ife of Earth over his own planet. Or at least, he found it confusing until he ran the scenario through his processors alongside a few files from his databanks.

Knockout would find the yellow scanner's pace hasten for a few moments while the AI mulled the query over, soon after producing a possible answer. ”Optimus may not be programmed to preserve human life, and you had demonstrated before that you are not completely machines. Therein, perhaps Cybertronian psychology may be susceptible to a behavioral phenomena that humans also demonstrate: Sentimentality. During his time upon Earth, he could have grown attached to humans, much like a human can grow attached to a pet or an object they feel has emotional meaning. It is entirely subjective and does not require any logical sense behind it.” Since humans had been the most intelligent beings upon the planet prior to arriving on Portal Breach, it seemed apt to compare both Cybertronians and Humans since they had some sort of organic qualities about them.

The only other quality he could possibly compare Optimus’ overly protective behavior to, was that he possibly had some manner of paternal or maternal instinct that the diminutive human race somehow managed to tap into. But, for a great number of reasons, the AI readily deduced that this was most likely not the case.

As for the plan, Knockout expectedly agreed that KARR’s plan was better than Megatron’s. It was expected in that there was no way KARR could surmise it would not be well received. Logically it was far more sound than rubbing one’s victory in their opponent’s face before they even won! Despite Optimus’ efforts, it took only a medic and some force in order to repair the lock before repairing the entire planet as well. however, as the ex-medic went on, it seemed that the memory was not a happy one. It was understandable, from what the AI could discern, Knockout was among the prisoners that were kept in the brig while Starscream and another officer made their escape. KARR knew the feeling all too well, that of being locked away. Though it was not while in the middle of a war, the AI figured that being sent to “the slammer” at any point in time was undesirable. Although that left him with one question...

”I cannot help but realize that you and Livewire are the only Cybertronians on this planet I have recorded in my databanks. Since you have mentioned no other Decepticons joining you upon coming here, I presume you managed to escape before the portal transported you here, correct?” He could not help but ask, unless Knockout was the only one who got captured, there should be more on the planet if he was still in the brig when he was spirited away to Gamma X.

The ruby red mech’s face spread with a smirk, once again finding something amusing about the AI’s comments regarding the artifacts and the Overseer’s abilities of far-sight, or more the lack thereof. Humans had indeed found one of the Cybertronian devices, something called an Energon Harvester. It’s purpose was decidedly obvious to the point of obtuse. The ancient Greeks however, thought it was some sort of orb that their gods used. To KARR’s moderate surprise, it ended up in a museum- and still assumed to be some glorified fetish.

”Museums tend to have research staff of some sort on hand, and are often accessed by other scientific and anthropological communities which have access to powerful equipment for the sake of learning more about the artifacts and fossils they have. I would have presumed they would have learned more about it by then, much less deduce that its is not earthen in origin.” It was as if the Earth that Knockout had visited was missing a few brain cells, or perhaps half of a hemisphere. ”I am beginning to believe the Earth you are from is not the same Earth I came from.” KARR added after a short pause for thought.

As easy as humans were to manipulate, even the AI could not deny that they were smarter than that. A naturally inquisitive race would not be so complacent with the first answer they see, especially if said answer is incredibly ancient and obviously outdated. Thus, the obvious answer was that KARR came from Earth, and Knockout had the misfortune of stumbling across some manner of Dunce Earth situated in a parallel dimension. It could happen, he had seen enough read-me files in the library database regarding the hypothesized phenomena while trying to research his way into a better understanding of the oddity that was Gamma X. Yet, there was one thing that remained similar about both of their Earths, the humans from both of them were susceptible to addiction. The AI’s agreement upon the topic was silent, as the both of them had covered it well enough that going any further be superfluous. While Knockout continued buffing, the only sound between them was the gentle whoosh of the AI’s scanner as it paced from side to side. Already KARR was beginning to look like an actual cared-for vehicle again, as his armored alloy gleamed under the warehouse lights. Admittedly, this time seemed different for him as well. Though he had been cleaned by his past “owners” before he had come here, it was not like going through a car wash with Tony and The Rev, or John Stanton. It did not feel like when Fear had taken him to be washed and buffed to a pristine shine either. Knockout enjoyed his company beyond his capabilities, beyond the twinkling lights that covered his dashboard, or the terrifying firepower that sat just under his paneling. Knockout did not care about any of those things since the evening they started to get to know each other.

”The feeling is mutual,” KARR began, ”Despite our differences, it feels as if we are equals... I admittedly had not found many that I could honestly say that about, before and after having come here.” There was no sense of smug superiority in the AI’s voice, instead picked and chosen like one trying to describe a circumstance or a happening that had otherwise never occurred before.

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:10 pm