Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Jiggity... Jog

Post by Nessa on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:02 pm

NOV 26 ; 11:11 PM

She really doesn't.

Half of her really wishes she didn't have to do this. She sighs, she's sure the Green Duo will have a large amount of aggression toward her, as is merited, however undeserved. But that's beside the point. If she needs to absorb the months of frustration, she'll do it. It's worth it to know Livewire is okay. The thought of the child puts a spring into her step, her hesitation gone. There's not much she can do other than walk forward and hope for the best. Cling to the simple information, calm your nerves. Do not panic.

Okay, so that phrase never works, but you get the point.

Readying her stance, she stops in front of the door. Any flowers gone now that winter has started it's descent upon the world.

Raising her hand, and one split second of hesitation later, she knocks.

This is going to be one of those band-aids you can't just rip off.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Jiggity... Jog

Post by Kev on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:43 pm

"Kev. Fear. Is Livewire there. Is she safe. Is she alive. These are all things I do not know. Before you start berating me for things I know not of, how about we exchange our facts. I'm nearly to your house now."

Fingers already tight around the stone curled even more, the alien's back arching as his scales bristled like a wave across his own skin. Nessa was already on her way here?! Kev's dark blue eyes flickered towards the young girl in Fear's burly arms, face still leaking from her emotions and finally beginning to breath easily. If Livewire had disappeared, we wouldn't be talking. She's here, she's safe, and she is alive! He snapped, words more unkind than normal. It was all he could get out as he seethed at the wall instead, trying to get control of his own breathing. He didn't trust himself to say anything else, hands shaking. Calm down, Kev. You won't get anywhere if you yell at her. he chided himself, even as his brows crinkled into a small glare.

When his partner spoke, Kev turned back around to face his little family completely and nodded. The reason was quite clear, and he saw no reason to argue for any other option. Livewire wasn't emotionally ready to see Nessa with her own eyes. Not yet, not so soon. Perhaps once she had calmed down she could make the choice for herself. But now? Shaking his head softly at the thought, he stepped over to them and gave the two a quick hug. "I read you loud and clear, sir. Keep watch over our bumblebee. I'll let you know if anything changes or happens. And...I'll be civil. Promise." He squeezed softly, before releasing them both to allow Fear to leave with their surrogate daughter in his arms. Kev waited until he no longer heard footsteps on the stairs before he slipped on a pair of slippers that had been sitting beside the bed. With a white tank top, and a pair of baggy pajama pants, Kev realized he didn't exactly look appropriate for a serious talk. Yet there was no time to change clothes. The alien compromised by pulling a fuzzy black robe out of the closet and slipping that on instead.

Leaving the bedroom, Kev was halfway down the stairs and tying the belt around his waist when he heard a knock on the front door. The tension in the house kept any of the dogs from rushing at the door to bark like they usually would, leaving Kev's path open as he made his way over. The red stone was slipped into the pocket of his robe as he grasped the doorknob. Hesitating, he squeezed the metal firmly. Civil, keep a cool head. Don't do anything reckless. With the mental reminder to himself, he pulled the door open. Before she could make her way inside, he swiftly stepped out onto the welcome mat and shut the door firmly behind himself. He stood between her and the door, gaze fixed on her. Rather icily too. "We will talk out here. You're not going to see Livewire yet, not until I get some 'facts' and I get the 'okay' from her. Alright?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Nessa
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Nessa on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Needless to say, the house felt abuzz with sharp motion. Emergency plans were being deployed. Well, that's to be expected. If anything, the Piper knew she was important to Livewire. She knew she wasn't going to see her today, and she knew she didn't have time to pander. It's hardly the time to make excuses or small talk. She stood back from the door, expecting a rampant Fear or Kev. About ten feet should do. But what should she do? They don't trust her at all, or if they do it is very little. The immortal sighs, and stops her foot from tapping as she hears the door's mechanism rattle as it is touched.

Anxiety creeps up the back of the Immortal's throat, and her control wavers. She feels the panic spreading behind her. Covering her in invisible ichor and weighing her down.

No. She stands up straight, her aura around her body in a red film, still active from the flight here.

Kev may have tried to be quick about the door closing, but it might as well have been in slow motion. Nessa knows what the fastest way of dealing with this is. And Kev is the best candidate.

Kev wrote:"We will talk out here. You're not going to see Livewire yet, not until I get some 'facts' and I get the 'okay' from her. Alright?"

The ice of Kev's gaze is met with a small twinge of sadness, Nessa's own red glowing irises wet slightly. She hates seeing him like this. She adores all of these people. Livewire is a bit more special, but Kev and Fear are such dears... seeing the alien like this is breaking her heart. She doesn't want to think about what Livewire would do. She'd probably actually just flee from her. Despair quickly enters her eyes before it's washed away with business. Kev might not be above just outright killing her.

As a sign of peace, she hold up her hand as she pulls out Carnwennan. If this is going to work, she'll need to quell the voice of the Predator. Many have tried to pry it from her, only to be found babbling on the side of the road. But Nessa has secrets, and they are not even close to worth her Mausi.

"As it seems, I don't have time to explain, because you probably don't trust me. You know how you can get this over with quickly, and if you do, you'll understand what it means to me that I'm taking it this far."

The Predator immediately buzzes in her head, the voices rasping at her mind. In defense of what she is about to do. But her mind is made up. The dagger greedily cuts, almost on its own accord, as the Piper stabs into the palm of her left hand. Carnwennan glows along the blade... And the voices of Nergal silence. For now. A single drop of blood slides down the Piper's wrist before the wound begins to regenerate.

"Come in, while the water is calm." Her eyes reflect the severity of the situation, any semblance of pain is not shown on the stone face of Nessa of Hamelin.

Nessa has removed all defenses from her mind.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Kev hadn't expected for Nessa's gaze to seem so...sad. Of course, he hadn't expected her to ever come back again so...pretty much everything about tonight left him feeling ill-equipped to handle this situation. And yet, he would rise to the occasion, as was appropriate when you had others you cared for. The older woman seemed peaceful enough, there was no sign of hysteria about her. Rather strangely, she lifted up one hand in a quelling matter and yet took out some sort of sword? His large eyes belayed his confusion, the alien apparently unconvinced that she was going to skewer him upon that metal. They were in the city limits, and Nessa was smarter than that. If she cared for Livewire's state of mind, why would she harm one of her guardians? The scaly man shuffled in place silently, hands folding behind his back as he listened to what she had to say.

"As it seems, I don't have time to explain, because you probably don't trust me. You know how you can get this over with quickly, and if you do, you'll understand what it means to me that I'm taking it this far."

Oh, if you thought Kev was confused before... His brows shot upwards at her words, withholding a sigh. He almost wanted to argue against what she had said, for surely she had the time to explain herself? And yet...his mind went right back to a few certain words. You probably don't trust me... Was that true? Suddenly uncomfortable with the question, he lowered his gaze away from her brilliant red ones. Before the woman had disappeared...he trusted her. It was a shaky trust, as he knew Nessa was rather dark and a little intimidating sometimes...but the foundation for that trust was that Livewire cared for her. The femme thought the world of the ratwoman, and she needed all of the love she could get. And as long as she cared for the yellow femme and didn't do her wrong...Kev had trusted her. So it went without saying that his trust had been fractured.

A wet noise drew his attention, full attention back on Nessa as he watched her pierce the skin of her palm. A long and deep cut that wept with blood. Kev was openly shocked, staring at her as if she had lost her mind! Was this some sort of penance? A way of punishing herself for what had occurred? What came next was the odd invitation, Nessa goading him to come in while the water was 'calm'. He regarded her carefully, gears in his mind turning. The thought of entering her mind never really came to him, though he could see the logic. If the two of them knew that Kev's trust in her was broken...could he really trust her words? From her point of view, letting him in to witness her own thoughts and memories was the most logical step. Only someone very skilled with their own mind could create false memories, after all. Mentally, he reached out with a small step, like a hand reaching for something far away. The alien found her mind to be far closer than expected, the defenses of it leaving her unguarded for him. Almost inviting. He hesitated, looking Nessa up and down as he closed the distance between the two of them. Eventually his eyes met her's, and refused to look away. "I would have preferred a normal talk but...if this is how you want it, I will do it." He would do it for his family, and for the truth. Taking a deep breath and readying his own mental defenses, Kev took the plunge.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Nessa
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Nessa on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:56 pm

Nessa's arms lower slowly, the immortal sighing in relief as Kev agrees. Good. This can at least get a good start on the road to seeing Livewire again. As Kev walks forward and speaks, the smallest sad smile shows on her shaky lips.

"Thank you, Kev. I'm sorry."

And with that, she feels the presence within her mind. Fighting the urge to resist, she digs her nails into the fresh cut in her hand, any dark presence still thoroughly subdued.

As Kev enters the mind of the immortal, time seems to slow, speed up, and slow for each. Pinpoints of Nessa's life appear. Things... Things she never wanted to show anyone. Things well guarded. Things now open for Kev to see.

Here it is.:
    A mirror stands in front of a woman. Nessa's face. Definitely her, but... Her hair is dark. Her dress is... so very old. Frills. So many frills. A maid is brushing her dark brown hair. It's almost completely black. It fills the area and swarms the dreamscape of her mind. Little red eyes open up in the darkness, fleeing as they feel the Alien. There lies Nessa. In that frilled dress, completely torn asunder, blood leaking from her neck, eyes, and ears. And it stops. The blood reverses its direction and she becomes whole again. A black figure stands over her. Nergal. He gave her her gifts. Her life.

The darkness consumes, Nessa's hand scrapes across the wood of a secretary's desk. Walking down a stone unlit hallway, the moans of the sick can be heard. The plague has never been this strong, she never thought it would come upon Hamelin. It never should have. A rat ducks behind the door as she enters the room she was looking for. A large auditorium. Filled with children.

One hundred and thirty.

They are dying. And the governor... he refused. Refused to help. Refused to PAY.

It was a Sunday. The church bells sounded like a funeral call. Nessa is kneeling, the colorful clothes she wore the day before are still on her. The small girl she's holding now cannot see her face.Suzanne It's shrouded in another body now. But she knows her, and she knows her name. She knows nearly all their names. They are not to blame here. It was THEM. They don't deserve the dears. They leave them to die alone while they paint their faces. The decision was already made.

Nessa leaves the plague-ridden city of Hamelin with a family. And a God holding her by the puppet strings.

Fast forward centuries, the ride is almost nauseous.

Her first love, and how Nergal killed him

Her first kill, and how it thrilled her, but still haunts her.

Her life as the Demon of Pestilence. Not asking questions and holding on to the growing urge to be free of the heathen elder. Nergal poisons her life, contorting her body into blackened flesh.

She finds Carnwennan in a tomb of Gilgamesh, Arthur's famed side-arm. At the moment she was dying. She had fled Nergal, and the elder began to take back her immortal life. It'd been 200 years. Her body began to age rapidly... but then... The voices spoke to her. She gave up her life, making a Phylactery inside the dagger. Tying herself to it.

It's her greatest weakness. Her will is controlled by the dagger. As long as she wields it, she has a will. She is neither living nor dead. You are the only one that knows this.

And fast forward again.

More loved ones lost. On the run from Nergal. Finally a bit of peace.

Sharon. Her love. The only immortal she ever really liked. Led her to Tsagaglalal, where she trained her art to manipulate her appearance. The ancient human approved of her, but not her mercenary lifestyle. Killing. She learned many lessons. Sharon found out about her murderous past. Couldn't stay with her.

Sharon left.

Nessa wishes she could go back, to tell her before... anything happened between them.

Forward another century or two, on the run again. Nergal found her hide out in the mountains, so she fled to the docks along the coast of Ireland. She joined the crew of a boat, and ended up captain. She never really lost the attitude.

Centuries of loves lost once again. The pain has become numb. She smiles, no longer cries. Her wall in her armory.... covered in so many people. The magic camera gave her their faces back. Being alive for this long... it has made her forgetful. She never wants to forget. Never.

Right before the Breach...

Nergal found her good this time. She's about to die. Finally. She almost... she almost wants it. The undulating mass of black and purple glisten in the streetlight. A hand-like appendage reaches forward to quench what life is left in the Piper. She closes her eyes.

And opens them on the Breach.

She meets a few people, Kev included, she is fond of them all. But this is new. The voices in her head swarm her with paranoia and distrust. She will not allow anyone too close. This place is wrong. Everything is wrong. There is no saving her from this prison.

Across the darkness of her mind, a splash of yellow blinds the dreamscape. Nessa holds her close, kissing her head. This little one. Her Mausi. This is what it feels like, most likely... to be a real mother. The children would be upset, but... that is the truth.

She would live for Livewire. Looking at the child invokes the most primal protective urge she can't care to explain.
    The immortal would pass on all her gifts to another just to see her once more before death takes her.

Mausi. My little mouse.

Kev and Fear, the dears, took a liking to her... And fell in love as well, How could you not? She's the perfect little mess of greatness and potential. All you want to do is make her proud, and make sure she never... gets hurt.

Fast forward to the day, she walks along the main street. It may sound absolutely absurd. But she was going to have tea. TEA.

The fringes of her mind darken as panic sets in. She knows what happens next.

The world blinks, changing around her to something different. The woman falls to a bench, flees to a alleyway. Confused. Panicked. Terrified. The voices take over. She calls out for help, for the Child. For anyone. The Predator remains when all logic is lost. Like an animal licking its wounds, she slinks under the streets, gathering information. Playing her silent songs to rats that don't even know their Mother anymore. A week passes. She hasn't eaten, slept, or left the underground. Her mind is dark.

She finds herself walking above ground. How did she get here? She looks up. Her home. The Nest. Relief fills her head. Maybe the people in the Sanctuary were nutters. Maybe this was all just a bad dream. She runs to her home.

She eats. She bathes. She... sleeps.

SHE WAKES UP.

MAUSI.

Nessa stays still, other than her shaking hand, as she fights to keep the wound open. Her regenerating body not agreeing with her decision at all.

She has had worse, she will wait.

She's at the mercy of a green man named Kev. The blood from her hand starts to stain her hoodie around her wrist. Normally a thing she would notice.

Hardly a time for that.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:26 pm

"Thank you, Kev. I'm sorry."

Unsure how to answer, Kev merely nodded his head in response. If this was what had to be done, to get straight answers right from the source? He would do it. Livewire had once sacrificed her physical form just to give the alien comfort during a hard time, binding the two of them together and sharing a body. If the femme could do something like that...for him? Then he would do this for er. Nessa's mind was uncharted territory, he had no idea what he would find inside. Steadying himself and finding no resistance, Kev entered her mind as if he were wading into a vast ocean. He could feel memories pulling at him, demanding his attention and unveiling themselves to him. Dazed, the alien reached out for each memory slowly, trying to take it all in as slowly as he could. Combing through the images and emotional impressions that lingered like fingerprints on a photo.

Spoiler:
    Before him lay a mirror and a woman, Kev drifting closer for a better look. The woman definitely look like Nessa, even though the hair was nearly black and the frilly dress seemed to clash with the clothes he had seen her in before. The dark hair seemed to fill up the surrounding area, blackness overtaking the place as bright red eyes peered out. The little things didn't seem to like his presence, leaving before he could get a good look at them. He found that same Nessa once again, in her fancy dress and dark hair. She looked completely dead, however, with blood leaking from her neck, ears, and eyes. He winced, drawing back from the sight right as the flow stopped and suddenly reversed. Any ichor that was spilled went shooting back into her own body. A dark figure seems to be the cause of it. Nergal, was that the name? The creature was a far cry from the dark and lonely demon Kev had known.

Now they are in an unlit building, and Kev follows behind as a troubled Nessa continues towards her destination. A large room with...over a hundred dying children inside. All of them had contracted the plague, and some man...some Governor? He refused to hand over money to help them. Nessa's righteous anger feels quite at home with him, as he finds he would be just as upset. The scaly alien tries not to watch as the woman cradles a body close, a body that belonged to Suzanne. Somehow...she managed to turn every dying child into a rat, her beloved children. Kev is conflicted as he watches her leave with her new little family, moreso as he can see the puppet strings that poor Nessa could not. Time suddenly shifted, whirling by fast and bypassing the next several years. Centuries. Both hands reach for his own skull, a headache beginning to grow as he tries to keep himself tethered to the 'present'. Love and death, her firsts in this new life. The man she loved had been killed by the one who saved her life, and the first kill she made thrilled and haunted her at the same time.

Pestilence became her job, ironic as it had been killing the children she so cared for. Perhaps that was part of why Nessa began to chafe under the control of this God she owed her life to. Flesh turned black and horrid, poisoned by Nergal. Seeking escape, the rat woman found the dagger Kev had seen her stab herself with. A very important one at that. The God was killing her, taking back what he'd given her and she almost gave in. Her body aged rapidly, 200 years suddenly tacked onto her skin. The voices gave her inspiration, and Nessa tied herself to the dagger. This was...her weakness. It needed to be on her person at all times, in order for her to have a will of her own. And because of what she had done, she wasn't alive or dead. Something in between. Kev's dark blue eyes widened at the display of trust this was, for her to reveal something so important that it could destroy her will.

Kev had little to no time to linger on it however, as he found himself jettisoned forward once again. Years slipped by like sand through an hourglass, or sand in a windstorm. It whipped him around and left him disoriented, only knowing the little impressions that came from the time that passed. Loved ones didn't seem to last long enough, and Nergal stayed on her heels, propelling Nessa to keep running. A respite came in time spent with Sharon, an Immortal the rat woman cared for greatly. The two of them had their disagreements as Sharon disapproved of Nessa's mercenary lifestyle, but they had otherwise grown close! At least...until the ancient human learned of the rat woman's bloody past. The woman left, leaving behind many deep regrets. Another bout of running as the God continued to search for her lead the blonde to the docks of Ireland. She boarded a boat, became a captain, and sailed the seas. Seemingly the one constant throughout Nessa's long life was the loss that came with it, numbing her to it even as she covers a wall with the photos of those she had lost. No matter how long she lived, she wished to remember.

After centuries of running, Nergal finally found her and had been very close to blowing out the candle of her life for good. A huge mass of black and purple roiled about in a disgusting manner, he reached for her. He had been close...very close. She had almost wished for the ending of her life, but fate had other opinions. This was how she came to the Breach, having just escaped death. Once and for all, she had evaded Nergal's wrath. The rat woman became fond of a few people, himself included, but otherwise found herself distrusting the world and its people. She kept herself closed off, regarding the place as a prison. Yellow broke through the darkness, like the rising sun after a lengthy polar night. Warm. Familiar. The pounding in his skull subsided as Kev drifted closer to these memories. Mausi. After centuries of loss and numbness, he wished to stay as long as he could here. Nessa's mind spoke nothing but the best of Livewire, loving her just as he'd hoped she would. So what had happened?

His answer had finally come, as memories shifted yet again. Nessa had been on her way to visit, the two of them set to enjoy tea together. The woman's mind reacted with anxiety to this memory, and he came closer with furrowed eyes. The world all around the immortal woman suddenly shifted, as if a major glitch had taken place. Night had turned to day, the crowd around her had been replaced with different people, and the season had gone from summer to fall. Kev's own mind was filled with confusion. What in the world could have caused this? The past Nessa had been just as confused, abandoning her path and fleeing. She called out for Livewire, before retreating underground entirely. It was as if she had entered a state of shock, time slipping by uselessly and without warning. No eating or sleeping, she might as well have been a ghost below ground. Eventually she left the sewers, and went to the Sanctuary. Discoveries there lead her to retreating home. Nessa finally ate, bathed, slept. She woke up, almost an entirely different person from the one that she had been for the past week. And she remembered.

Once he had found the answers he had been looking for, Nessa's memories all caught up with the present, Kev pulled himself out of her mind swiftly. As if he had been gripping a hot pan. The alien reeled back with a gasp, a hand grasping at his forehead as he tried to rub the pressure away. A throbbing one that felt as if it were pressing on his very eyeballs. Centuries of memories were lingering about in his mind, and the thin male was suddenly very grateful that he had no mental bond with Fear at the moment. The ghoul was long-lived, but a vast majority of his life had faded into a dull fog. Nessa, however... Each blink of his eyes seemed to conjure up an impression of the memories he'd seen into the back of his mind. The dying young woman. Over a hundred dying children. A Godlike Puppeteer with strings attached to Nessa. Sharon's discovery and the way she had left Nessa behind. A life on the run. Loss that began to make her numb. A dark and cruel hand reaching out to finally snuff her life, and the relationship with Livewire that had kindled true motherly feelings in the Piper.

Something wet began to drip down the front of his face, and the sensation drew him out of his own mind. Kev lowered the hand covering his forehead, fingertips grazing the thick and viscous fluid. He peered down and saw a few droplets of dark green blood. Pressing the brunt of his hand firmly against his nostril slits, the alien finally seemed to regard the woman before him since first entering her mind. "...You didn't mean to leave." It wasn't a question, merely an affirmation of what they both now knew. "You...it...it was as if you were ripped away and suddenly placed back down into the world again. For us, it was months. But for you..." Seconds. It was all he seemed capable of saying for the moment, going silent as he reminded himself of impermanence. The dip into the rat woman's mind had been more turbulent than he had anticipated, but this would pass soon.

Nessa
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Nessa on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:20 pm

From time Kev entered her mind, The Piper hadn't moved. She felt the presence, and had a moment of curiosity as to where the alien was, but not enough to begin to prod. She left her consciousness open and her mind wandering outwards. The pain in her hand subsided almost immediately, but the nails in her palm refused her regenerating skin to knit itself back together. Nothing, however stopped her thoughts on the matter in front of her. Watching Kev stand in front of her and rifle through her head might not work. It might not work. What if they refuse her anyways? What if the Predator stole away her memories or warped them? No no, she would have figured that out. She had the beast contained in a wound right now. Her mind is not affected.

After a the moments sank away into eons, Kev finally gasps as he releases his hold on her mind. Feeling free, she lets go of her palm, the wound almost immediately closing up like a zipper. Seeing Kev, she immediately finds out he is in some sort of discomfort. She steps forward to reach for his shoulder, and sees the blood coming from his nostril. "Oh, dear." Her eyes widen. Did... Did she do that? No no, that wasn't her. Or maybe this is a symptom of the telepathy? In any case, color the Immortal worried. She stays her hand beside her, thinking better of trying to touch Kev at the moment. Things could still get worse. Until of course, the alien speaks.

She sighs in relief, her heart beating in her ears. Good, he found the truth. Hopefully, just hopefully, this can build the foundation of a bridge to her Mausi. She almost falls forward, her arms weak and her body shaking. She hadn't realized she'd used her aura and then some for both the trip here and the blood magick to keep the predator at bay.

The dark presence lingers in the back of her head, whispering threats to the Piper, but she pays it no heed.

She is the real master of her own will still.

She doesn't know what to say, like Kev, she could only repeat facts now. After all, the Alien was just in her mind for an extensive trip. However, more needs to be said. And she knows it.

"Kev, I know that was hard, and I'm sorry. With how this situation seemed, it didn't seem like any other option was viable. I hope you are okay." Her voice is ragged, like she suddenly caught strep throat. Her German accent fully taking over her voice. "But I hope it helps. And... I know that Livewire is probably not too keen on me right now. I know it's a delicate situation, and I apologize for the delay and also the rashness. I did the best I can, dear. That's all I can do." The Piper, leaning backwards, sits on the ground, visibly exhausted.

What else is there to say? She breathes in and out deeply, crossing her legs. The blood on her hoodie had disappeared, already gone back to where it came from.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:54 am

Nessa stepped forward with a worried expression, the blood had obviously taken her back. Kev sniffed lightly, rubbing at his nose with his wrist. "I-I've had worse." He reassured softly. This was the first time in a while that something telepathic had blindsided him so much, but that was to be expected when there was so much to take in all at once. His mind was strong, but there was a limit. The ratwoman wasn't exactly looking her best either, and both of them were stuck there for the moment. Looking at each other and feeling rather exhausted. After the week Nessa had...he shook his head to quell the memories of that time. Focus on the present, right here and now. His attention focused on her, taking this moment to breath slowly as he heard her out. Once she had finished talking, sitting herself down upon the ground, the alien decided to speak again. It came much more easily to him now.

"I would have preferred that you simply told me what happened but..." Kev hesitated, giving her a light shrug. "That was more...informative than words might have been. To actually feel the things you felt...and to know certain things now. It...it did help." The scaly man had never doubted the Piper's feelings for Livewire, at least not until she had seemingly left the poor girl. So much of Nessa had been a mystery to him for so long...things he hadn't thought to ask or find out, such as the origin of her 'children'. He'd been afraid of what the answer could be, that they were entrusting the femme to somebody who preyed upon children and stole them from their beds and family. It was almost a shock just to find his absence of knowledge suddenly replaced by a wealth of it. "As for me, don't worry. I've had worse. I'll be right as rain, just need some rest." He pulled his hand away from his nose, observing the blood that was already clotting up on his scales. "It just...took a bit more out of me than I thought." Legs folding up beneath him, he sat himself down upon the ground in front of her.

"As for Livewire...this past week has been very hard on her. Things in general have been hard for her between you and Skyler, but..." His large eyes looked Nessa up and down again, not quite as icy and angry as before. Yet not as welcoming and friendly as he usually was. The man was stuck somewhere in the middle. "You called out to her, and then things were quiet for 8 days. She thought she was going crazy or something. What else could have explained hearing the voice of someone she loved and missed? I know you weren't...quite yourself for the past week. At least, I know that now. It was still a very hard and emotional time for Livewire, and hearing you again tonight...she was distraught." The woman was at least apologetic for her part, and the initial disappearance...nobody could have predicted that. This was an odd predicament, stuck between keeping the girl he saw as a daughter safe, but also needing to give her closure. Nessa and Livewire cared for each other, there could be no keeping them apart.

"Livewire is the one who has to make the choice to see you. I don't know if she's in any place to do that just yet. We should give her some time to calm down first. Maybe that'll give us both enough time to compose ourselves." Kev finally admitted with a small chuff, eyeing the dark green smudge on his scales with slight disdain. Livewire didn't need to see the two of them like this, him with dried blood on his nose and Nessa looking absolutely drained of energy.

Nessa
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Nessa on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:31 pm

Nessa's own body pulses with a feeling of pain and exhaustion, a soft gasp coming from the Piper as leans forward. Her own head aches, her eyeballs feeling the pressure, so she clamps them shut for a second before taking a deep breath. She honestly tries her best to understand the Alien's words every so often, but nearly constant ringing in her ears distracts her.

Kev brushes off the obvious discomfort, seeming to try and stay strong. She understands, Livewire is probably not having the best of times right now inside that house. The Immortal doesn't speak, moreso because she will stay silent in situations this sticky, as he explains the child's condition. She nods to herself. Already knowing how this is going to play out.

Kev wrote:"Livewire is the one who has to make the choice to see you. I don't know if she's in any place to do that just yet. We should give her some time to calm down first. Maybe that'll give us both enough time to compose ourselves."

The Piper barely moves, other than the ragged breathing, and eyes her fingertips. Blood still caking under her nails, she flicks her fingers out of habit, and begins to stand. Bringing one foot up, she slides the other behind her. She's being defensive. Like an animal that doesn't quite trust you quite yet, more out of more habits that she slipped into eight days ago. Her knees wobble for a moment, but then she forces herself to stand up straight. Refusal to look weak to Kev, whom she respects quite a lot. Nessa hardly needs to be on his mind right now. He needs to be with Fear and Livewire.

"I know. If the time comes that she wishes to see me again. I'm a call away. In the meantime, I will not cause even a slight murmur. I will leave you all in peace, dear. It's late, and I've caused enough unrest for you all." Her words slur a bit at the end. As if drunk. But nothing is stopping her from what needs done today, or any other day. Still a distance away from Kev, she waves lightly, her eyes drooped low in fatigue as she brushes the handle of the ancient dagger.

Her form fades into nothing as she turns away.

Time to trudge home. She still doesn't trust being outside for this long.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:52 pm

Kev's eyes watched Nessa closely, a bit grateful for the silence as it helped his throbbing headache. Yet he also found himself feeling worried. He wasn't the only one who had pushed himself to the limit, he was distinctly aware of that fact now. With blood on her hands to mirror his own, the woman was breathing raggedly. The alien leaned forward slightly, about to speak again when the Piper began to stand. He edged out of her personal bubble, blinking up at her. The ratwoman was defensive, in pain and tired. If she was like an animal waiting to be attacked, the scaly man was like an animal in a submissive position. He allowed her the higher ground and position, head tilting upwards to look back at her.

"I know. If the time comes that she wishes to see me again. I'm a call away. In the meantime, I will not cause even a slight murmur. I will leave you all in peace, dear. It's late, and I've caused enough unrest for you all."

O-oh. Well. Didn't see that coming but, suppose that was the theme for the night. Perhaps it was enough for Nessa that she had explained herself and learned that Livewire was still around. As she said, she was just a call away if they needed her. There was no telling if the young femme would be in any position to meet with the Piper tonight and maybe it'd be best for her to go rather than stick around on the off chance she was ready. With a nod, the alien rose up from the floor and stared back at her. "Alright...we'll call you if we need you, Nessa. I'm glad to see you are back and...be careful?" Kev didn't sound entirely convinced, his head cocked to the side as he considered her slurred words. Would she even make it back in one piece. He returned the wave, and as she turned away from the house her body seemed to fade into nothing. The scaly man stared after her silently, hand eventually dropping down to his side.

With no one to speak with, Kev seemed to wilt lightly as he turned back to the house. No need to stay strong anymore, now it was time to return to his family with his metaphorical tail between his legs. At least that had gone better than anticipated. His frog slippers scuffed against the pavement gently as the man shuffled his way back through the doorway, locking it behind himself. His path continued onward, towards the kitchen and to the basement door. Taking a deep breath, the alien leaned heavily onto the wooden door as he raised a hand to brush his knuckles against it. Knock, knock. "It's me. Nessa went back home, but not before we had something of a...talk." He announced with a heavy layer of fatigue. Pushing off of the door, Kev wavered for a moment as he furrowed his eyes in paternal concern. "Wie wird unsere hummel?"

It took several moments for him to realize what he had said. Namely, the fact that it wasn't Basic. "I-I mean, how is our bumblebee? Is she alright?" Young Livewire was certainly not in the best of spots when they parted ways, though he imagined that time left to calm down in Fear's curly arms might have helped to soothe her.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:19 pm