Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Where Art Thou Purple-Man?

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:31 pm

Time: Afternoon
    Date: October 30, 0007

The sun had crested its peak for the day, its warm rays a light caress that briefly chased away the brisk autumn air. It filtered though the thin, papery surface of the changing leaves, casting their already striking coloration aglow as they rustled gently in the breeze. Much like the nature of autumn however, they clung to their branches as weakly as life did to its creations. A gentle gust was all it took for them to snap loose from the twiggy outer limbs and tumble down in a spiraling rain of reds, oranges and yellows. How ironic it was, thought the suburb's visitor, that this time of year drew out life as quickly as it sought to snuff it.

The busier bodies of the developed part of the world were out and about, bundled in glistening spandex that mirrored the luster of silk, but completely lacked its grace of form upon the human body. Others wrapped themselves warmly in synthetic fabrics that mimicked wool. Polyester, the being had learned its name to be as he wandered the world and observed it like one would idly peruse the teeming workers in an ant colony. Man, much like ants, were an industrious bunch, though their innovations were often as puzzling as they were fascinating. In a sense they reminded him of his own kin, albeit long wiped away from the world... Perhaps that was why he donned their appearance with such ease and comfort. Of all mortals they were the most diverse in their distribution. No matter where he would walk in this minute, facade, one would think little of it. A mountain top, a desert, dense jungles to the ever lapping cerulean expanse of the oceans... To see a human out there was commonplace, dare he say even expected.

Thus, who would turn their gaze to watch a lone man walking down the sidewalk? A dark windbreaker covered his chest, dense jeans covering his legs as he meandered along like any other citizen of this well protected metropolis. His head and the dense crop of dark hair that was cut to a nigh sterilized length to where it nearly resembled the bristles of a brush, were covered in a thick, warm hat. However, he was wise to avoid wearing anything around his neck. Rumor had it that scarves were a way of identifying the truly monstrous, and he was no monster. At least, not today. It was the human day of Sunday after all, a restful day, a lazy day. Thick hiking boots crunched over the fallen, dried leaves as he came to pass a familiar house. The fence, the quaint, pleasing color that was painted upon the two story abode's walls... He may have only visited a few scant times, but the memory was etched within his ageless brain. Therein came another thought, however.

Would the residents remember him?

It had been months, perhaps close to a year or more since he had seen purple hide or horn of his past rival. Longer since he had seen any sight of his companion, the Mechanic and owner of the city's chop shop, or the robotic mercenary that looked more butler than killer. Part of him had began to wonder if the trio had been devoured by the forces that be, the changeable and mysterious laws of this plane of existence. While the Prince had dipped his pierced grill into the Sanctuary a few times, he had not seen nor heard any talk regarding the usually gregarious monarch as of late. The times he had decided to see if the alien would come wandering, perhaps drawn by fate or sheer coincidence, left the being empty handed.

It was time for a personal check-in on his old friend and even older rival. Thick boots clapped over the cement walkway and up to the front porch, seeking the door and its perplexing bell that was and was not all at once. He took pause as he came to stand before it. Yet, his palms lacked the dampness of sweat, his knees did not quake weakly, nor did his arms feel heavy.

Though most fortunate of all -or maybe unfortunate depending on preference- was the complete lack of spaghetti anywhere upon his person.

Amber eyes stared long at the panel of the door, looking past it. There were indeed life signatures inside, but where they of the persons he sought? His gaze flicked to the doorbell, the thick fabric of his glove creaking as it curled into fist, index finger jutting forth to prod the plastic button.

Ding-dong!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Where Art Thou Purple-Man?

Post by Zurg on Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:36 pm

The atmosphere felt oddly different now, here at the cozy home of 4224 Monitor Lane. Despite its festive decor of grinning pumpkins and paper ghosts, or the lovingly-arranged autumn hues of Helenium and Dahlias sprinkled about the front garden and tidy porch, there was a tinge of... sadness underneath it all. Movement flitted behind the porch window. "Jo, have you seen my glasses?" asked a dulcet voice. Another voice responded from upstairs, distant. "They're on the hallway counter where you left 'em, Big Z, remember? You had gone grocery shopping yesterday!" A pause followed. "...Oh. Thank you, Jo." Footsteps echoed from within, the gait lethargic - unhurried.

"Mm..." A tired hum, for a tired soul.

Tired.

That's all he was these days.

Zurg put on his glasses, relieved to have found them, and looked into a nearby mirror for any readjustments. "Hmm... No, can't say I'll ever get used to these," he muttered, sighing. Craters, these wretched spectacles made him look so old. But, doctor's orders were doctor's orders, and the horned alien would rather keep his eyesight the way it was. He finished up and was all too happy leaving the mirror, eager to abscond from his reflection. Some things just never changed, it seemed. Now, then... was there anything that required his dutiful attention? Tomorrow was the day of Halloween, an Earthen holiday steeped in controversy and lore, which somehow devolved into overflowing bowls of candy and lit squash. Earthen were an interesting lot, weren't they? Thinking to himself, Zurg scrutinized a mental checklist. "Let's see... I already bought more than enough bags of candy, some treats for the cats, and autumn spice for the air fresheners." Was there anything else he missed? After giving it some more consideration, the monarch ultimately decided that he was indeed prepared for tomorrow evening. "Good," he nodded, pleased with his foresight. "I'll just order a pizza tomorrow and skip the dishes altogether. Jo ought to like - "

Ding-dong~!

"There's someone at the door, Big Z!"

He clicked his tongue, dismayed. "Yes, yes, I know." Company? Correction, unexpected company? As mellowed as he may be, Zurg's patience these day (craters, even his enthusiasm) was easily stretched thin. The alien eyed the front door and felt all the more fatigued just thinking about whoever could be on the other side. Well, suppose he better get a move on and answer it... "I'll get it," he told Jo, approaching their mysterious visitor.  

With a switch of the lock and a twist of the handle, Zurg pulled the door widely back and was taken by surprise, his tired red eyes spying a familiar old face. "...Prixlezub?" he inquired. Ah, of course it was Prixlezub! Who else had such complexion? The monarch quickly dissolved his earlier amazement with a brief shake of his head. "O-Oh, I wasn't, um, expecting you, Prixlezub. Would you like to come in? Perhaps have something to eat or drink? I wasn't, ah, planning on any company, so please forgive me if preparing a snack or two takes a while." Sullen the purple alien was, but Zurg knew his manners better than anyone else. He ushered the Demon Prince inside with a hand. "Please, make yourself at home," he offered. "Kindly wipe your feet on the mat, and have a seat. The cats won't disturb you."

Goodness! Hope Prixlezub didn't mind Zurg's choice of plain clothing: a simple long-sleeved t-shirt, jeans, a belt, and no veil.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:17 am

Keen senses picked up on part of the muffled conversation inside. Alas, Zurg's own personal life was as listless as the rest of this world. Sleepy, tired, and otherwise slothful; the household of Zurg and Jo was the pinnacle example of the average suburbanite. Ah, to think what the owner of the dulcet toned voice had used to be but a few years before...

It was almost disheartening, to see such a challenging rival -and he could, in a sense, through those paper-thin wooden walls- reduced to near staggering acceptance of this skulduggery. No brutal conflicts, no flashes of laser fire and roaring, tepid flames blazing by like a lethal lance, no witty banter between the punctuating snap of flashing metal teeth... Now here was Zurg, the ex-Evil Emperor: Fretting about where he last left his glasses, and the suspenseful drama that surrounded whether or not he bought enough sweeties for the human holiday of Halloween. Tragic did not begin to describe it. The otherwise neutral expression upon the demon prince's false face pulled itself to a thoughtful grimace, the corners of his tan mouth wrinkling.

All the same, he would rather this, than to hear dead silence, or a completely unfamiliar voice on the other side of the door.

As agitated as the purple alien sounded, tongue clicking and all, it all seemed to evaporate like smoke the moment the  painted white wood swung aside and his amber eyes met Zurg's tired red gaze. Though Prixlezub admittedly had to crane his head slightly to make eye contact. In an effort to blend in better with the populace, the prince opted to shave a few inches off his height and assume something more average. Five feet, nine inches was not all that impressive, but it reduced the staring.

"Zurg." He rumbled in return, the name rolling off his tongue with a little more relief than he had intended. Regardless, he managed to rein himself in as he looked the youngin' up and down. "You look as if you have borne witness to a ghost, br'rren." The prince commented, a grin beginning to take the place of his earlier frown. Much to the purple alien's fortune, his guest was not one who tended to partake in food or drink, aside from the culinary styles of his own homeworld. He highly doubted that Zurg of all people was likely to keep a few large containers of kick-spirit around, or a herd of live cattle waiting on-hand. He allowed Zurg to usher him inside, swiping his feet upon the mat as he emerged into a familiar foyer.

"My friend, do not fret about refreshments. I do not come to plunder your fridge and pantry. It has merely been a long while since I had seen you, well, anywhere. I felt it prudent to see if you still were around." Nearly three years, to be exact. He took a moment to glance around the room, amber eyes twinkling. "Dear Zurg, do not tell me you have been hiding away in here all this time?" A joking statement and little else, but the demon prince was not blind or deaf to the monarch's distant tone.

As per the monarch's offer he stepped into the living room, with its glass coffee table and pristine white couch. He turned and took a seat upon the latter with a sigh, patting the seat next to him for Zurg to join him. As per always, the prince's posture carried with it an air of dignified poise. "You seem depressed, Zurg. I hope my visit is not inopportune." The disguised demon said after a moment, unwilling to leave the obvious unspoken.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:06 pm

"You look as if you have borne witness to a ghost, br'rren."

"X'jyrrkyamgliithrqntahso-zut," the greeting was returned in kind.

Unfortunately, it seemed Prixlezub was ever the observant guest. Zurg tried his hardest not to frown at the feeling of roaming, inquisitive eyes. "I haven't been hiding, just... taking it easier, for now," he answered quietly. It was the truth, however unflattering. But would it be enough to satiate Prixlezub's concern?

Though it was courteous of the Demon Prince to extend an invitation to sit beside him, the monarch felt it better to instead choose his usual: a worn and extremely cushioned old chair positioned a few meters away. The ache in his wear bones gradually abated as he could finally rest, the pressure off Zurg's feet. "Depressed?" he echoed, mildly surprised. Goodness, what a way to open up a conversation between two friends who hadn't seen each other in quite a while! The monarch decided to humour Prixlezub's scrutiny. "If by depressed you mean 'incredibly tired of others' inconsiderate actions', then yes - I am morbidly depressed." There was a story lurking about in his words... one that Zurg was reluctant to openly regale. Still, should not Prixlezub be compensated for his visit, hmm? It would be grossly uncharitable on the monarch's behalf if he gave nothing at all.

A heavy sigh escaped him.

"I'll... confess," Zurg spoke up, leaning further into his chair. "Though I find the days growing more indistinguishable from the next, the quiet life is not what weighs upon my mind. Yet again, our meager community has suffered another rash of disappearances - this time from those I thought better of." Disappointment, his old friend... A sour note lingered in the alien's voice. "Tally and Sonia are gone, along with Leo and Alex. Kat is nowhere to be found, nor a certain mercenary who used to make solid drinks. None left any indication of their departing, hence my simmering aggravation."

Craters, what a negative subject. Zurg could hardly stand it, so he looked his guest in the eye, "What about you, eh? Still stomping about in the frigid wastes, snacking on blubbery seals? It seems we both have enjoyed a more peaceful, ho-hum life." Which wasn't a bad thing, considering.

Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Ah, and there was Zurg's little nickname for him... It had been so long since he had heard it. Perhaps even longer to a mortal such as the purple alien. Even so  it earned a small smile from the older dictator. The now simply clothed monarch replied that he had been taking it easier, and while that certainly was an answer to the demon's question, at the same time it raised more. Why would he be taking it easier? He had not heard of any further activity from Lochlann, and so far as he knew any and all upstarts had faded away to nothingness... Even so, Zurg had grown past humoring hot-headed challengers like he used to, or so the demon prince thought.

All he had upon his brow was the secure routine of the day-to-day grind, a job -or so he had noted in the past from the hint of a floral scent upon the alien's person- and the matters of the house. Thus it was only logical to assume that...

"If by depressed you mean 'incredibly tired of others' inconsiderate actions', then yes - I am morbidly depressed."

Something had happened.

While the ancient demon had offered a seat by his side, the monarch had opted to sit in his arm-chair. While it was a little awkward, the prince did not think ill of it. The man of the house picks his seat after all, Prixlezub was merely a guest. Though the demon had a feeling the reason why he was so distant had to do with his fatigue regarding the actions of others. Hm... Already he could tell what this was about to amount to, something about it reminded him of another conversation they had three or four years ago, not in this home, but underground during a walk through the prince's territory.

A confession graced his ears, indeed there once again had been a rash of disappearances. The prince's brow furrowed, both at the repeat of past history, but also at the identities of those who had disappeared. He knew the swords-woman and Sonia well, as well as the mercenary. The prince in human guise sighed at the unfortunate news.

"My apologies, Zurg. That is most unfortunate, one would think that those as strong willed as Tally and Bloodscream would have been able to remain, much less have the decency to tell you that they were thinking to depart from this dimension." He rumbled, especially given their usual track record. Alas, the demon had been far removed from many affairs regarding this world for a long while, inactivity and listlessness pushing the prince to retreat from the idle gossip of the Sanctuary. Mortals, especially the shorter-lived kind, had a tendency for spontaneous changes. Likely there was something that happened in the span of time he had spent away from them.

While the demon was equally disappointed in the disappearance, he lacked the same closeness to them that Zurg possessed. They were merely grains of sand in a vast, shifting desert of time to him. It was no different than when the Wily bots had disappeared, or Crowley, or the trolls...

"You would be correct." Prixlezub agreed, a small chuckle bubbling in his chest. "I have occasionally ventured to the city for the sake of keeping up with recent news... But it seems my efforts have grown lax in the face of this newest development. Lochlann remains deathly silent, though I still find myself tempted to step within it bounds if not for the sake of finding a challenge, then an encounter to cease this boorish idleness." He admitted in a musing tone.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:56 pm

"My apologies, Zurg. That is most unfortunate, one would think that those as strong willed as Tally and Bloodscream would have been able to remain, much less have the decency to tell you that they were thinking to depart from this dimension."

Zurg's expression remained deceptively neutral. "One would think," he repeated quietly.

It was pointless ruminating about matters beyond oneself, however, and the monarch would much rather discuss the once-quaint fishing village of Lochlann. "A blessing or curse in disguise," Zurg commented, "though we have no way of knowing without further investigation. Either way, you would have to ask yourself, Prixlezub: is the temptation worth the trouble of satiating your curiosity?" If history was any indicator of what happened to those who meddled in affairs they shouldn't, the demon prince needn't look further than the shared plights of Cailia Hallow and, alas, the now departed Bloodscream. The alien would rather keep his little purple toes clean.

"Not much to report about Lochlann," he continued, shrugging lightly. "Whatever calls the lake home, it seems content on staying put." For now, that is. "If you go there and stir the hornet's nest, I'm afraid you'll be going alone. With Bloodscream gone and there being not much to really do, I'm reluctant to keep a certain society in operation. It may be more reasonable to finally shut its doors." To be fair, villainy and heroism just weren't the same. There were hardly any do-gooders championing their stalwart beliefs of justice and virtue, whereas the nefarious scum of the Breach had no real incentive to actually commit heinous acts treachery and vile. The very thought chained Zurg in a cycle of listlessness. "Oh well," sighed the horned alien. "Not everything lasts forever, I suppose. Well... except perhaps you and that demon in Lochlann, of course. If you want to poke it, I shan't get in your way. Just remember to calculate for any seen - and doubly so for unforeseen - consequences." Prixlezub was a grown demon prince, champion and ruler of an entire plane of existence; heavy was the crown, but hopefully he wasn't as arrogant as he used to be.

That demon in the village will certainly hand Prixlezub a righteous smiting, otherwise.

Ah, but surely they couldn't discuss such run-of-the-mill things forever, could they? There was more to the agenda than Lochlann, and Zurg was keen on pursuing other subjects of interest. "What brings you to our lovely little home on 4224 Monitor Lane?" he inquired. "Did you just visit to check up on dainty old me~?" What a touching sentiment!

Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Clearly this was a subject the monarch did not wish to discuss, the neutrality of his tone was clear enough in his interest to pivot away from this fresh wound. Much like when the Wily bots had left, along with the wendigo and others, Prixlezub was well aware that Zurg was not a man of complete stone. He had cared, he felt pain if not by their passing then from the unfinished business that had been left behind. Regardless, if Zurg had wished to speak to the demon prince about the matter, he would have certainly sought him out like he had all those years ago.

Thus, it was a matter not worth prying into.

The purple alien was understandably eager to jump into more familiar matters, like that of Lochlann. Just like that he had been settled with a familiar question, similar to a statement posed a number of years back.

Three Years Ago... wrote:"...We have an answer and you have your truth. What you do now is of your own will."

Of course, it had always been his decision, his choice of free will. No one had ever tried to convince him otherwise here... Or at least lived for very long afterwards. At the same time, it was this free will that had encouraged him to tangle with the likes of Zurg in his earlier years; temptation, curiosity, and stubborn determination all included. Perhaps the Lochlann demon would not be worth the trouble, and perhaps all the same it could very well be worth it. After all if he was one of the only remaining members of their little social club -or perhaps anti-social club given recent activity- The only liability, risk, and even possible casualty would be himself. Just as it had been with any and all other adversaries the prince had encountered...

In hindsight this one should not have been any different, regardless of how alien the entity proved itself to be. There should have never been anyone else involved, no mercenaries, no Liches, no talking cars.

He had already consulted the tomes upon New Avalon a number of years ago, and in that time he had let their wisdom, and the info gained directly from the corrupted fishing village stew... Maybe it could be time to put his lengthy years of brain storming into practice? Careful practice, but practice all the same. The demon prince in human flesh nodding in agreement with his horned host, brow furrowing as he spoke. "As I intended to do. I have seen enough of its mayhem to know it is a force to be reckoned with, as have you, albeit a glimpse- as draining as acquiring it had been." Prixlezub replied evenly. This world, despite his short stay upon it, had managed humbled a previously arrogant demonic entity where it had failed to bore him out of his wicked ways with its perpetual state of just being.

Even so, the prince was not one for long silence, he was used to noise, action, conflict. The friction of wills whether it be for personal gains or the subjective nature of morality and all that came with its psuedopompous expectations was something that the demon, no matter how many generations passed him like dust, or how the world may change and shift before his eyes, it spoke to him, mayhaps even lured him. Conquest and conflict were his languages of love, and how the Lord of Terror managed to stoke that eternal flame.

...But Prixlezub would never admit it, at least not to anyone else outside of himself.

He was well aware of his temptations, which encouraged him to be all the more cautious, to ponderously meander towards this conflict instead of rush forward, head lowered and horns poised to gore and rend. He was an adversary who worked through cunning, from what he could gather, and so much like any seasoned predator, he knew to carefully stalk and meditate upon a proper ambush -as well as he was able, of course.

Though if the Lord had grown silent, either it was still waiting for the right pieces to its puzzle of a scheme -as the prince knew that hardly any of the fools here could possibly show all that much promise- or he simply had been discouraged by the nature of this dimension. Prixlezub knew better than to bank on the latter. Devils never truly gave up, they merely waited.

"You are correct, I know three years to merely be a blink to my kind, but it is three years without seeing you all the same. I did not expect to arrive in time to hear of such hardship, however. My sincere apologies for prying into such a fresh wound." The demon prince replied, his expression softening as he inclined his head towards his purple friend. Speaking of hardships, he had distinctly remembered -and noticed the lack of- a glittering metallic presence that possessed quite the acerbic tongue. "I have just realized, you are without your companion, X'ki. What happened to him, if I may ask?" Maybe he was balled up in an angry fit somewhere.

Not that Prixlezub would have minded that, per-say...
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:36 am

So, the Demon Prince was cautious with his ever enigmatic prey.

Good.

Zurg remained politely quiet as Prixlezub spoke, the horned alien tipping his head with the occasional nod. Though determined to keep as far away as possible when it came to the Lochlann demon, he was nevertheless satisfied with his guest's prudence. The scheming... The hunt... The thrill... It was good to see that hungry spark again - even if it wasn't his own. "Your apology is touching, but you needn't worry about such piddling things," Zurg replied with a lukewarm wave of his hand. After all, Prixlezub hadn't known and he wasn't expected to.

"I have just realized, you are without your companion, X'ki. What happened to him, if I may ask?"

Now there was a question that tickled Zurg's fancy. The alien's pupils dilated a centimeter and then settled, amusement hidden beneath his otherwise scowling features. "Ahhh, X'ki," he sighed fondly. "You needn't worry about that disagreeable clump of spare parts; he's currently recharging upstairs. And on Jo's nightstand, no less!" It took a great while (and many headaches), but the AI was slowly beginning to ease itself. A dulcet chuckle escaped yours truly. "He's not as cantankerous as he used to be," Zurg added, grateful. "I think he's finally realized that Portal Breach is home and that, as they say, is that. Interestingly, X'ki rather likes watching my soaps whenever Jo is home... I personally think he enjoys tormenting her with all the convoluted love triangles, but it keeps him relatively out of trouble, so..." Sorry, Jo, but a peaceful X'ki meant a happy home, and that was a sacrifice they were all willing to make.

Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:05 pm

A wave of his hand, and the retired monarch dismissed the demon prince's apology. Evidently the matter was not one the purple alien wished to talk about, but also not one that sent him into a fit of sobbing when it was brought up... Then again, Prixlezub had never seen his past rival cry or bawl over anything through the years they both shared this particular rock. Regardless, he nodded in understanding and allowed Zurg his distance, whatever he was suffering was his business after all. Should he have wanted to talk about it, he would have conveyed it on his own.

At the mention of his glistening companion however, Prixlezub managed to catch the minute dilation of those bright yellow pupils. The demon prince could tell that his interest was piqued in some fashion, but aside from that he could not read the alien's amusement. The construct known as X'ki was recharging on Jo's nightstand. The prince tilted his head slightly, encouraging the ex-monarch to proceed as to why this was so important.

The answer was given soon enough, even machines could figure out how to settle down given enough time it seemed. X'ki's personality had softened, and had taken to watching soap operas with the mechanic. "I see. It is fortunate X'ki has managed to find some place of comfort for himself in your home." The demon prince replied, allowing his hands to fold on his lap. "I have never seen these soaps, but given your description I can assume they are intriguing enough to keep his attention, and keep him amused."

Though, the demon could not help but quietly wonder, more out of politeness and respect of his friend's boundaries; with Tally gone there had to be a number of things that were put into some amount of disarray. He remembered the woman had something to do with flowers, growing poisons and the like... Perhaps he remembered wrong, but he seemed to remember smelling fresh earth and cut flowers on the alien's person a few scant times. Pondering it slightly, the demon decided it best to take the least direct path. "Speaking of keeping busy... How has that ash been doing in your garden? I remember giving you a satchel of it a few years back, after the incident in the Tech Dome. Was it purified enough to add a little boost to your flowers?" He asked, curious.

There was still plenty to gather if the alien wanted more, as well.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:03 pm

"I see. It is fortunate X'ki has managed to find some place of comfort for himself in your home."

"You got that right, Prixinksi!" Zurg chortled. As for the soaps themselves? The horned alien shrugged, "I don't think he understands them, personally. If anything, X'ki finds the actors and various subplots millennia beneath his proud culture. Nevertheless, he can't help but observe my soaps with a sort of mystified air. Must be the over-the-top melodrama." It's why Zurg kept watching, anyway!

When the topic of Zurg's garden surfaced, the monarch happily played along. He knew very well that the subject in question was a potential segue into other, more interesting matters, but there was no benefit in being a terrible host. "Oh yes~!" he beamed, all teeth. "My garden managed very well because of your generosity, thank you. The ash was just the boost they needed to survive the first frost. I daresay they're going to survive the other spells, too." Aside from the actual use of bonemeal and blood, Zurg was incredibly content with the less squeamish alternative of volcanic ash. He may love his darling petunias and violets, but he didn't love them enough to the point of touching bodily fluids. Dirty, dirty, dirty!

Alas...

Denim quietly stretched as the monarch shifted his legs. "Ah well," he sighed. "I reckon it's a tad... boring, talking about the mundane chores of a retired, old villain. You're still curious about Stevens, aren't you?" Out of the game he may be, but Zurg's wit remained as sharp as a tack. "We can discuss the matter, if you wish to become privy. It's not like talking about this matters in the long run, hm? They are gone and we are not. No use tiptoeing around dust and echoes."

Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:08 am

Prixinski? The moniker earned a quirked brow from Zurg's guest. That certainly was a new one. Even so, the demon prince did not comment upon it, as the monarch seemed to be enjoying himself. That, and it was not the first time Zurg had come up with a name that was a pun.

"Melodrama certainly kept things interesting in the first few years I was here. I am not surprised." Prixlezub replied, a small rumble of a chuckle bubbling from his chest.

The events in the Sanctuary had been enough to keep him entertained for a long while a few years ago, but now... Now things had slowed down greatly, aside from the lurking evil in Lochlann that had all but been forgotten by many of the populace.

Moving on, Zurg seemed very pleased with the volcanic ash that had been gifted to him, and the demon prince pondered it over. "Good, good. My territory has plenty, if you would like some more. It has been purifying on the shoreline for years, it should be perfect for any gardening plans." He offered, ever composed compared to the alien's beaming.

It had been years since Prixlezub had given Zurg a gift of any kind. The thought alone was embarrasing in itself considering he saw the purple ex-Evil Emperor as a friend. But, maybe he simply was not the gifty type? After all, he had not been prodded or poked about his absence either after the initial occurrence. Of course, the alien was not his keeper by any means, but it had been interesting considering no one else had looked into it. Then again, no one else had the tech and the machismo to teleport into the heart of his lair.

But, as always, the alien was quick to cut into the heart of the matter. Though the demon was a little surprised he could do so that quickly.

"My skills of social subtlety must be getting rusty on me, Zurg," The warmly dressed man placed a hand to his chest in feigned surprise, but a grin played at the corners of his otherwise stony mouth. "You have certainly been staying sharp on your own, and here I thought the suburban routine would have worn you a little. But, you are correct, I am curious." He admitted, his smile fading as he got to matter that was Tally Stevens.

She may not have been a large figure in the demon prince's existence on this tiny rock, but she seemed to have a large part to play in Zurg's. A fellow verteran, a friend, and a fellow advocate of gardening... She had her freckled fingers in many of Zurg's more mundane pies.

"My apologies for my clumsiness but I had been wondering, she seemed to be very involved with your lifestyle, growing poisons and plants. I don't suppose you two had been more than just gardening friends, correct? There were some days you smelled more like earth and flowers than yourself... But I suppose that could be from your own garden." Prixlezub carefully maneuvered, but it felt more like he was stumbling over the matter.

It was embarrassingly uncharacteristic, but he supposed that was the downfall of staying so far away from people for so long.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Zurg, a lover of soap operas and a connoisseur of strange monikers. It was part of his unique, eccentric charm. "Oh, I agree," nodded the alien, "but after a while, all that toxic melodrama gets old, you know? It tends to make one's horns long, if you catch my drift." Or, as the humans preferred it, their hair grey. "I much like it now, despite it being so mundane. It's not terribly exciting... but hey, I can't complain about enjoying the peace and quiet, now, can I?" There was something magical waking up each morning, Jo sleeping at his side and the cats using his body as their personal heater. It was just... wonderful. Zurg could honestly appreciate each and every single day.

He tipped his head at the Demon Prince, grateful for the offer. "Splendid," Zurg practically purred. "I don't need any quite right now, but perhaps in the summer! My pansies and violets could use a little boost." They were such delicate things.

"My skills of social subtlety must be getting rusty on me, Zurg. You have certainly been staying sharp on your own, and here I thought the suburban routine would have worn you a little. But, you are correct, I am curious."

Retired or not, Zurg was ever the observant one. Reading people, even demons, was practically a hobby.

"Oh no, we were just gardening friends," he reassured politely. "Aside from that, Stevens was my employer at the local flower shop; The Little daisy, if you'll recall. We had been planning to open another business down in the Ss'ruul capital, but..." Zurg lightly shrugged, exhaling. "But, as you can see, that all fell through. It was going to be your run-of-the-mill apothecary, that's all. Medicinal plants, tonics, poisons... all very rudimentary wares. It's a pity, really... I had been looking forward to our joint venture." Oh well, as they say. How... curious, however. It almost seemed as if Prixlezub was insinuating something... else. The alien's pupils dilated and contracted. "It was all business, I assure you. The only thing we had in common was our love for gardening; our veteran status, a close second. We didn't see eye-to-eye on a great many things." And, apparently, Tally hadn't exactly been truthful with her views... Ah well. Such raw topics were better left undisturbed.

Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Retirement certainly had changed the ex-evil emperor, what had once been a boisterous, loud, eager-to-fight alien now was... A homebody that preferred his soaps to conflicts and exciting battles that challenged both body and mind. In a sense it was depressing, but all the same the demon prince knew that even long-lived creatures tended to age.

The prince gave a small shake of his head, "I fear I cannot agree, Zurg. The call of war, battle, conflict is in my blood. It has always drawn me since time's beginning. If I have not been a part of the Material Plane's many conflicts, I had a hand in their beginnings, such is the case for my home Plane as well. Peace and quiet may be a satisfying thing to you and your mortal kind, but it grows into a droll tedium for one such as I." He rumbled evenly.

Alas, the prince had hard stone and boiling lava at his side when he roused from his long slumbers. The rhythmic march of carved feet drummed in his ears as wave after wave of obsidian constructs marched above and below the surface of his volcanic territory. For Prixlezub never had it any other way, and he never found anything more satisfying than warfare and its many faceted nuances.

"In the summer then." The demon agreed, nodding his head in kind. In the summer he would bring a hefty supply of purified volcanic ash for the monarch's flowers.

Oh, so she had been his employer... Once again, the man politely shook his head, the name of the shop unfamiliar to him. Aside from a single venture during his initial year in this dimension, Prixlezub tended to refuse visiting the mall as a part of his rounds when he did manage to visit the city. It was an awfully confusing noisy place. And as for seeing them as anything more than business partners, the prince was quick to remedy that misnomer.

"I had not meant to insinuate. I apologize for my clumsiness."[/b] The prince respectfully stated. But even so, talk of Tz'tchotlan caught his ear. "It is unfortunate that your plans for initiating trade with the Ss'ruul people failed on her departure. There are few of us who had visited the jungles for that particular venture, and even fewer seem to remember its existence, or at least wish to acknowledge it enough to return."

The prince pondered it for a moment, or at least looked as if he were pondering it. A finger tapped to his rough chin, his brown furrowing as he glanced down at the carpet for a moment. The demon had always been partial to revisiting scarcely explored lands, something about the mystery, the unknowns that waited to be known, drew him like a moth to a flame... It almost drew him as readily as the call to war, in fact. Given things had grown so listless up here, and his plans for the lake demon still were being carefully and thoughtfully tuned, perhaps it would not hurt to revisit the city, and afterwards take some time to better appreciate the rain forest's secluded treasures.

Thus, the demon's deep bass tickled the air once more. "But... Suppose you entrust this task to another? There are still some of us who would not mind taking a trek to the jungles, and have the influence to ensure safe passage into the city. I could even do this, it would not be the first time I had helped in initiating trade between peoples." The prince went on. He would not simply dangle an offer before his ex-rival only to snatch it away.

Zurg likely was already familiar with Prixlezub's influence in beginning the initial stages of New Avalon's infancy of trade with the main land before Cailia's reign, even if the gate had been placed in secret to save it from the meddling, sticky fingers of a certain boy king. And before that, the demon had played king, queen, and diplomat before, hundreds of times over many multiples of Zurg's expansive lifetime. If not that, then the alien could at least be confident that the demon prince had the smarts and brawn to ensure he at least got to the city with what Zurg needed to start off his business.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:46 am

Prixlezub's answer, and cordial disagreement, was predictable. "Ah yes, conflict." Zurg himself was not unfamiliar with the word and all it implied. However, much like the Demon Prince, his perspective on the matter differed. "War, battle, conflict - as you say... None of these things are currently on the board, are they?" he asked. The horned alien shrugged, lightly gesturing with a hand. "I'm afraid that as our community grows ever smaller, the likelihood of turmoil and disquiet diminishes with it. There aren't very many left who will entertain your fancies, Prixlezub. I can see why the Lochlann Demon intrigues you so." If there was going to be a player worthy and stubborn enough to lock horns with the Demon Prince, it would be that nefarious thing festering at the lake. "I suppose this is to be expected when mortals are largely what make up the Breach's population." Ironic, given their ability to thwart aging.

"No apology necessary," Zurg fanned his hand. "It is unfortunate, yes. But not the end of the world, no? There will be another opportunity, and I think very soon." It would be rude on his behalf to look at Prixlezub expectantly, so Zurg settled for a slight crinkling of his eyes. The finger-tapping, the staring into space, the general air of thought... Oh yes, an opportunity will come very, very soon. In fact, it should be here in three... two...

"But... Suppose you entrust this task to another? There are still some of us who would not mind taking a trek to the jungles, and have the influence to ensure safe passage into the city. I could even do this, it would not be the first time I had helped in initiating trade between peoples."

One.

A broad grin split Zurg's face from horn-to-horn. "Mm, how appetizing~!" he chuckled, pleased by the suggestion. "You know, it's funny that you mention this... I had been thinking to myself - and for a good while, now - that we really ought to capitalize this planet's... mm, qualities?" Why, it was almost laughably to think that Portal Breach had barely been navigated and tamed! There was still so much to do, so much to see, so much to conquer achieve! The possibilities were simply endless. Although he might not be able to tell, Zurg's toes were wiggling in their shoes. "I've been wanting to set up another gate," he went on, "and my business venture with Stevens was to make my desire a reality. If we can establish a secure line of trade and access to the lower continent, then I think our world will really begin to shine. What do you say, Prixlezub, old pal? Fancy a bit of infrastructure?" And who could honestly say 'no' to decent world-building?

Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Alas, Zurg was indeed correct. In the past, it seemed with every loss there was some new blood, a replacement, that emerged from the shadow of their disappearance. He nodded in understanding as the purple, horned monarch went on. Indeed, it was the reason why the Devil that lurked within Lochlann held his attention.

"I suppose I am used to mortals that grow restless, a wide populace that was just as likely to hold upstarts as well as those who are content with keeping to their own business." The prince admitted, shiny amber eyes peeking out from under his brow to look into Zurg's bright red ones. "Even so, the Lochlann devil makes a worthy challenge on his own. I look forward to the day when I meet him in combat once again."

And gain some revenge for that little stint in the mountains. Even so, the prince had his plans to lay out ever so meticulously, war and destruction being art in itself and Prixlezub one of its many masters. It was second only to the art of reading people, as he considered the way his friend's eyes crinkled ever so slightly as he mentioned an upcoming opportunity. He may not have said anything about that opportunity being him, but there was more to a language than the spoken word.

There was body movements, there was context and an exchange of energies between each person.

All of Zurg's energy seemed to be pointed in his direction, waiting, expecting... And when the demon gave his offer, the question of what was answered. The wily little berry of a man -compared to Prixlezub's usual imposing stature- had been waiting for someone like him to come along and pick up where he and Stevens had left off. A small smile of his own crept upon his dark skin. Clever, Zurg, very clever. But Zurg was always clever, and managed to keep himself a step ahead in his own purple ways.

"Indeed, it would be a waste to let it sit, or even worse, allow someone else to take advantage of it first." Prixlezub rumbled, leaning forward attentively as he listened.

Granted, there was little to no one else left on this world who had the resources to do what Zurg envisioned, all on their lonesome.

A gate in the Ss'ruul city, this was what Zurg desired alongside initiating a strong line of trade. It was doable, more than doable even. With the demon prince's influence in the city, Zurg's technology, and their combined experiences, this plan should go off without any pitfalls. It was promising enough, that even Zurg was reasonably giddy, from the creaking and shuffling he could hear within the alien's shoes.

"Certainly, Zurg. I am familiar with your gate technology and the Ss'ruul people are reminiscent of my own kin. They are fellow warriors. The set up will be easy. " Prixlezub assured, straightening in his seat. Even the trip down into the jungles could provide him with some inspiration as to how to deal with the lake devil. "When would you be planning to conduct this? So I know when to make preparations to leave." He asked, tilting his head slightly as he awaited the monarch's answer.

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:19 pm