Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Re: Small Friends

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:01 am

It was a shame; Kyoko was far removed from just how awful the rules of her world really were, and especially how cruel it sounded to others. The redheaded teenager had been forced to face the terrible truth of her circumstances, and since meeting Homura her eyes were opened to some dark secrets about their world. Right down to learning how she had been destined to die, which was...disorienting to say the least. She'd been incredibly relieved to learn that death was only temporary here. No matter if her home world was shitty, Kyoko Sakura was not ready to die yet! At the gratitude, a genuine smile grew on her face that soon melted into a light smirk as she responded. As she did, her head leaned backwards against his skin in a fond manner. "I never got to hear any thanks back home. Telling anybody about what I do...it usually doesn't end well. People would think I'm crazy. Here though...it's not really a secret. I've only told maybe a handful of people." Gazing upwards at the bright blue sky and the bits of cloud that were like stretched cotton balls, the magical girl's tone turned pensive. "So far...everybody who knows what I do has been grateful. Like you. It feels...good. Makes me wanna be...worthy of that praise. I haven't felt that way in a long time..." Though she didn't verbalize a 'thanks' for what Nym said, it was certainly implied.

Attention snagged by the chortle, Kyoko arched a brow as she shifted her candy apple eyes back to the crimson dinosaur. Aah, so there wasn't some hidden herd of Nyms running around in secret! He'd merely been like a duckling, imprinting on the first people he saw. The mental image of a baby Nym squeaking at his three parents made her giggle. As for these parents, the names were vaguely familiar...the kind she'd heard tossed about in the Sanctuary before but with no real face to pin down to them. She nodded along with the rest of what he said, attention relaxed. "I bet they would, since they raised you and you thanked me. They all seem like they'd be nice, since they kinda made you and all--wait!" Suddenly the teenager jerked upright, turning to stare Nym right in the amber eyes. Her face was scrunched up in confusion.

"...You're only three years old?!"
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:53 pm

Humans seemed so fickle when it came to things that weren't deemed as normal. Portal Breach seemed so normal to Nym, having so many different species and races living together in a rather nice harmony. But when he would hear or read about the human world, or Earth, it was always how delicate and simple human minds were. Anything that was out of the ordinary was always frowned upon. Nym could at least understand to that degree as to why Kyoko kept her witch hunting a secret--they'd send her to a mental hospital if she had, most likely! At the thought, Nym's tail laid itself on the girl's legs in a form of comfort. "I would say you are worthy, you've done well enough for this long keeping them away from the city."

The Digimon nodded his head at Kyoko, until she stopped mid-sentence to confirm Nym's age... in a rather surprised manner. Blinking, Nym merely nodded and calmly explained, "yes, I age faster. My form changes depending on my strength, skills and mental state. It might change soon--I can feel a gentle warmth inside of my stomach, and it is usually something I feel intensely when I am changing." His stomach made a soft growling noise, as if knowing he was speaking about it. "Humans take longer to age, don't they?" The girl looked around... oh, perhaps 14? Not quite a full teen, yet not a child. His nose nudged against her hair a bit, sniffing it in a curious manner before he laid it back down. "It's hard to explain what I am--I know I am different from everyone, but I don't really feel it's important to find the answer. I am just... me." That's all he needed, right? 'I think, therefore, I am.'
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 24

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:51 am

Glancing down at the thick red tail, Kyoko found both her hands coming to rest upon Nym's bright scales. Her fingers curled against his skin, regarding the appendage as if it were a blanket draped across her legs. Palms lightly drummed upon it in thought. Worthy, huh? Suppose Nym had a point, there were no reports of any mass suicides, nobody was going missing as far as anybody knew. Though there were people in the Outer District who could be picked off without another word, the two magical girls still tried to track down the Witches before anybody could get tangled up with them. Things were...different here. Not so drastic as back home, where tough choices had to be made if Kyoko wished to survive and get a Grief Seed. And having two Magical Girls sharing one turf...who knew it could be so easy?! So much better than being alone, though she doubted she'd ever admit as much to Homura's face. A small smile graced her face. "Guess I really am worthy, then. And I'll keep at it as best as I can." No matter how many Witches came! The redhead was confident in her abilities and those of Homura!

As for being three years old and being such a big dino...Nym was very much not your typical creature apparently. His aging was faster, his very body changing based on his strength and mental state. Kyoko squinted at him, as if trying to discern what his current form meant for his mental state. All she could come up with 'sleepy'. "Yeah?" She turned and stared at his belly as best she could, what with that area of the body smothered in the grass. The teenager scrutinized it, but found herself unable to sense this 'warmth'. "So...you won't look like this anymore? Do you know what you will look like?" Maybe just a bigger, stronger version of his present self?

Nym's nose suddenly settled upon her scalp, sniffing away at the red hair and drawing a small laugh from Kyoko. Patting her hair back down once he was done sniffing, she nodded her head in agreement. "Yeah, growing up seems to take forever for us. And there's no warmth in our belly when we 'change'. It all just...happens gradually until you get a growth spurt. And those just make your bones ache." Fingertips grazing across his tail in smooth strokes, she listened quietly before speaking up again. "Different's good. Lots of people here are all weird and different, and sometimes they don't get their answers for why that is. And sometimes...maybe it's better not to know. I mean, so long as you have your parents and people who love you, and you know how your body works... I think you're fine!" She gave the dinosaur a toothy grin, wide as she could make it. So he had no idea where that egg originally came from, that part sucks. But it wasn't like the answers were sitting right there in front of him either. For all the two of them know, a journey to discover himself could lead absolutely nowhere, with nothing to show for it but wasted time! If Nym was happy the way he was, it was all that mattered.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:41 pm

"Guess I really am worthy, then. And I'll keep at it as best as I can."

Perhaps this conversation boosted her confidence, but... it was strange she hadn't considered herself 'worthy' before. A powerful young girl with incredible power, that was not worthy? Maybe it was something to do with mentality, or perhaps the lack of confidence by others in her own world. A shame, all those she tried to save didn't even realize. "All you can do is try your best," he said in a soft tone, eyelids falling as the Digimon sighed through his nostrils.

On the subject of his transformation, he merely shook his head. "No, it is a mystery until I transform. I do know each form is stronger than the last, but it's a... surprise." So far, it hadn't been a disappointment, even if he did grow weaker due to his summer-long nap. Though, aching bones for years compared to a hot flash for a few seconds sounded awful. Nym rumbling softly at Kyoko's words; it was true--he was fine, and his family was fine... but he still wondered, deep down. That was for another time, though. For now, he would ponder a bit before speaking again.

The sand beneath the large dinosaur shifted a bit with each breath he took as the air from his nostrils gently blew the grains of sand away. Children on the other side weren't really paying attention to the conversation the magical girl and Digimon had, but were far more interested in absorbing the heat radiating from Nym's stomach. He was rather warm, and it was gradually growing. At this, Nym opened an eye, "humans are fascinating," and let out a small yawn, keeping his mouth closed most of the time so as not to blow his breath onto Kyoko.

"Do you like being human? Is it... more enjoyable with your abilities?" Probably not when she was on Earth, but... perhaps the powers were far more fun to use here?
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:14 am

Nym sounded as if he were about to nod off, voice softening as his eyelids slid closed. Taking his words to heart, Kyoko crossed one ankle over the other in a lazy fashion. "I won't just try, I'll do!" She insisted, a firm determination in her own voice. The idea seemed to send a bit of new life through the girl, energizing her. She was going to do her best and nobody was gonna stop her!

A mystery transformation...that sent her eyebrows raising up. The use of the word 'transformation' brought to mind images of how magical girls transformed. The first time was a bit of a mystery, but once you had transformed for the first time, your look was pretty much set. Hair might change, or other small details like jewelry, but for the most part a magical girl transformation was pretty solid. Kyoko was sure it had to do with some...inner soul type stuff. Since it seemed triggered by a change, such as mental state, it might as well be like a whole bunch of puberties. Glancing back curiously, Kyoko inquired "So how many times have you changed like that?" It would prove to be an interesting answer, since he was only three in the first place. Thinking on the matter a bit more, she smiled to herself. "That kind of growth sounds like it'd be a clusterfuck, since you have to get used to a brand new body...but it also sounds really neat! You could be a bird, or a fish, or a lizard!" Hopefully he wouldn't turn into a tree. Now that sounded lame.

Humans, fascinating? Maybe in this world where humans were common, yet not the norm. "I find you more fascinating, honestly. But maybe that's cause I'm human and I've been surrounded by them all my life. Stuff like you...now that's new and amazing." And unprecedented really, for what she had expected to see in her young life. Nym was unfamiliar, and she liked that. Her lips pursed, and the teenager plucked a blade of grass from the soil. She stuck in between her lips, balancing it as if it were a cigarette and letting it bob as she nibbled thoughtfully. "Yeah, I like being human! I don't know if I'd wanna be anything else, other than to be curious and try it out...but you're right. My abilities make it a lot more enjoyable." Kyoko grinned, and her teeth threatened to tear right through the blade. "I'm strong, I'm fast, I can easily climb buildings...that's probably my favorite part outside of the stuff I can do in a fight! I'm also harder to kill than a human, and that's something to like." Whether she was fighting witches or walking in the seedy outer district, the knowledge that her body could take damage and still keep trucking was something that instilled much confidence in how she went about her day. The circumstances for why were a bit creepy, but hey. Beggars can't be choosers.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:46 pm

A deep grumble came from Nym's throat as he thought, recalling the few times he had shifted his appearance. "About ten times so far," Nym stated, "but I feel my appearance will never be permanent, until... something happens." It sounded so mysterious, but in reality, it was a probably a limit he may or may not hit. "Perhaps once I am at my strongest, it will be stable." Until then, he was in for a wild ride of testing out body types and powers--which wasn't too bad. It might've been uncomfortable and inconvenient at times, but that was part of growing, no?

Fascinating, she called him. Nym gave the girl a small smile in response. He felt far from fascinating, considering he was just a big red lizard that would change into... whatever his body felt like. With his luck, he would become a tree.

"You sound like a superhuman. Compared to most I've seen, they were average, or perhaps were hiding something underneath... humans can be tricky, even without magic." He gave it a thought, recalling the few human-looking people on the Breach, and was convinced that 40% of them weren't truly human. Now he wondered what their abilities really were, but he would interrogate them at a later time, if it was an option. "I know they keep it secret as to not draw attention to themselves, or for society to bring them down and make them feel inhuman." That's why Kyoko hid her amazing powers, after all. Being ostracized from your own kind must be a difficult experience.

Thinking about that caused Nym's wing-like ears to shift down, and his tail curled around Kyoko a bit more as a form of security. Releasing some smoke from his nostrils as he let out a harsh sigh, the Digimon decided to try and shift his thoughts to something else. "... What kind of foodstuffs do you like?" he asked as his large stomach made a small growl from the mention of food, shaking Kyoko a bit.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:25 pm

Jolting from her seated position on him, Kyoko sat upright and stared back at Nym with wide eyes. "Ten times?! In three years?!" That was like...at least three times every year! Puberty was bad enough, but to change form more than once in a year? Holy crap. "It sounds like a confusing way to live, but you sound like you don't have too many issues with it." Nym was pretty much at peace with his state of being, which made sense. The redhead herself didn't exactly think too much of being a magical girl. "I know what you mean, I'm definitely not at my strongest here yet. I wonder how long that takes..." Nym had been here for pretty much his whole life, how many more forms would he need before finally landing on his final one?

Returning the smile, she settled back into his white mane again and kept her head tilted to keep eye contact. "Superhuman? I like the sound of that!" Kyoko laughed softly. "I know I've met people that look human and aren't... Like a ghost, or an alien, or some sort of elf person. It's kinda strange to get used to since magical girl stuff aside, we just had normal humans in my world." No vampires or ghouls roaming in the streets or sitting next to you on the bus. It made this world kinda different that way. "This society seems like it wouldn't bring people down, so that's good. I mean, I'm sitting here with a big ole dinosaur talking about our lives and neither of us are weird!" Japan might have been full of tight asses but this world was pretty mellow.

Nym's tail curled a bit more around her, like a cat protecting a toy. Her eyes moved down to look, but she otherwise allowed the tail to drape over her legs like a blanket and rested her hands atop the scaly appendage. Food was the new subject, and the larger reptile's stomach growled eagerly, rumbling against her back. The teenager giggled lightly at the sensation before tapping her chin thoughtfully. "I'm really not too picky! But I don't like sour stuff." Sour candies and other things that had such a burning sensation. Guh. "I like fast food and traditional Japanese food. Candies and fruits and burgers... You give me some food, I'm gonna eat it all. How about you?" She gave round stomach a pat. "What kind of stuff do you like eating?"
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:07 pm

If there was anything Nym had gotten used to, it was his constantly changing body. The only way he'd ever be upset with a transformation would be if it were something bad, or obscene. Nym figured this would only happen if he were more... villainous, perhaps? Most of his forms had been bestial and relatively neutral in appearance, but he acted more like an animal, which probably helped keep such a look. Huh... he never really thought of that.

As for society, though, Earth didn't sound very interesting. There were people and some nifty things that created, but otherwise... most people he met from Earth seemed to like it here more. Letting out a yawn, Nym's head remained rested on the ground as he listened to Kyoko describe her favorite foodstuffs. "I don't like sour, either." He learned what that was via a lemon one time... "I had found a... lemon... and ate it like an apple, expecting it to be sweet and tangy." Boy was he wrong. The reptile's lips scrunched a bit, remembering the intense sourness and tang of the yellow fruit.

Nym wasn't sure if he ever had 'traditional Japanese food', but he wouldn't doubt that it probably tasted amazing. The three items she mentioned also were good, his favorite being the burger. "We're alike then... I like nearly everything, especially meat." What a surprise! "My -- mom... she would make me meals when I was little, that were balanced and nutritious. Rarely did I get to eat candy, but... I'm glad she took the time to prepare proper meals." Aya probably didn't get to cook much after Nym became a wanderer, but he recalled with fondness how much she showed care and love through the simplest actions.

"If I could get away with it, though, I'd want to eat more sugar and sweets. But I think I've developed too mature of a taste to enjoy that anymore." Not that he minded--sugar made him hyper and hurt his teeth, and he felt sick once that sugar-high was gone. "I know that, as certain species age, they lose the taste for specific foods, like sweets. Enjoy them while you can," Nym said, a twinge of envy released with is words as he yawned once more, wing-like ears folding back as he did.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:44 am

Ha! So Nym wasn't a fan of sour either! Kyoko nodded her approval, arms folding behind her head snugly. "Oh God, that sounds like the worst way to taste your first sour food!" Just imagine it, taking a large bite out of a lemon...it filled the teenager with a mixture of sympathy and amusement. A small giggle escaped her mouth, the redhead attempting to cover her face so he wouldn't hear. She didn't wanna insult him but...! Oh, just imagining his face, his lips all puckered! "Hehehe... The first time I tried sour stuff, it was some sour candy. Kinda like you, I ate a lot at once and thought my face was gonna collapse on itself!" Again she snickered, shaking her head. "It's too bad that lemon wasn't an apple, I really like those. They're just so crispy and good!" Ultimate betrayal of the fruits.

"Great! I don't like picky eaters." Kyoko stuck her tongue out in displeasure. From the sounds of it, Nym's early life was full of balanced and nutritious meals cooked by his mom. She shuffled against his bright red scales, feeling some familiarity with that. "Yeah...my mom didn't like giving us candy. She gave us traditional Japanese food. Fish, rice, soups, veggies... It all tasted good but sometimes I wanted more variety. Dad used to sneak us candy behind mom's back as a treat..." Her voice trailed off softly. Candy apple eyes became rather distant and far away, remembering things she had not considered in what felt like a long time. Her mother had tried to be more stern with Kyoko and her little sister. Despite the righteous nature of his job, her father was a real softy. He couldn't help buying a few chocolate bars and bringing them home to his daughters. He had been...a great father. So why-?

"I know that, as certain species age, they lose the taste for specific foods, like sweets. Enjoy them while you can,"

Nym's voice drew her from her thoughts on the past, body tensing for a moment as she gathered her bearings. No, she wasn't going to think about him. She was not going to question it. Kyoko was in the park with a dinosaur! That was badass and it deserved her attention more! Relaxing against him, she glanced back at him. "That sucks! Sounds really boring...like being an adult means your tastes becomes dull and gross! Maybe that's why old people like tapioca pudding." Eew. That pudding was awful, it made even chocolate pudding seem gross! A deep yawn went through Nym's body, the teenager grinning to herself. "Sounds like you're ready for a nap." Honestly, a nap did sound pretty good right now.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:23 pm

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; experimenting with various foods and non-foods was a dangerous and important part of growing up. For example, ferns were not very good and also made him vomit. And that one time he got stuck in the vending machine--but he wouldn't bring that up. Kyoko looked like she was having fun imagining him devouring the lemon whole, which was perfectly fine. It was a very good example of actions and consequence. "Hmm, sour candies..." the Digimon's nose crinkled ever so slightly, "they look so tasty, too..." His voice was that of disappointment, reminiscing about those "sour group children" candies. Boy, those were a huge disappointment. "I do enjoy a batch of crispy apples. There is a... very nice apple tree--in the forest. Elk like to gather beneath it."

The bat-like wings atop the red dinosaur's head wiggled, listening to Kyoko reminisce about her own mother. It sounded quite good, and very much like Aya. She only wanted the best for Nym, a sugary-treat being just that; only every so often would he get a candy, but looking back, Nym enjoyed the meals more than the rare treats. A small smile formed on his lips, hearing the red-haired girl's father would give her sugar. "I rarely got sugar, even from my fathers, but... I don't mind. They gave me other great things instead." Zurg being allergic to sugar and Kev's lack of a mouth were actually appreciated; had they been someone else, Nym wondered if he'd be out of shape, or even turn into a softer, weaker sort of Digimon.

Kyoko tensing hadn't gone unnoticed, as Nym opened an eye and glanced to her, wondering if there was a sore subject there. But she bounced back quickly, and continued on to mention tapioca pudding. The Digimon shivered, his scaly body bristling up ever so slightly at the thought. "Ick..." That pudding was a LIE. Pudding should be tasty and good, but that... that was not at all pleasing. "Well... I know that you're able to not age here... if that is something you would desire. Then everything would taste pure and fresh." Ahh--that's right... Kyoko had been correct, the reason he was here was for a nap... "yes, I can feel it coming back." The park had been vacated of most children, the few that remained walking with their parents or pets. "You might need a nap, too. Just for an hour or so... what do you say, Kyoko...?" The Digimon turned his head over again, glancing tiredly at the young girl with a slightly curious look.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Kyoko nodded her head in sage agreement. "I think it's the little shapes they come in! They get you all excited to pop the candy in your mouth and suck on it, only to make you wanna spit it back out because it's so sour! That's why Jolly Ranchers are the best hard candies. They're sweet and fruity!" Not disgusting like those Warheads. Ugh. "Apples are great. I like them on their own but they're cool with peanut butter too." Mmm...the thought of it made her feel a little hungry. Yet, not hungry enough to climb off of this dinosaur! Her gaze turned a little thoughtful, imagining such a beautiful scene. A lovely apple tree, the sun shining down upon the leaves, and a herd of elk gathered around to eat the fruit. "That sounds pretty... Don't think I've ever seen an elk with my own eyes before! Just in books and on TV and stuff." What other kinds of animals did this place have, huh? Was it all human or were their alien critters too?

Rarely got candy? The idea was a little abhorrent, but the magical girl had to admit that her life was similar with her family. Father gave her and her sister treats, but it was only in the years on her own that she was able to gorge herself on whatever it was she wanted to eat. Candy, fast food, traditional, it was all her choice. Anything before that felt...like it was a long time ago. Food wasn't all one needed in a family, after all. Nym's dads didn't give him treats, but they gave him other great things. "Your parents sound...nice. All three of them." Kyoko admitted with an awkward expression and tone. With this dinosaur guy opening up about his parents, she felt compelled to say something about them. And they really did sound pretty great.

"Oh right...we don't have to age here if we don't have to." The teenager blinked to herself as if the possibility had never struck her before. It didn't sound completely far-fetched. Maybe she'd heard it once upon a time? But only now did the implications set in. A teenager, forever! It drew a slow little grin on her face. "That sounds pretty amazing!" What kind of magical girl would she be if she got old and broke her hip in a fight? A bad one, obviously! The curious children who'd been interested in Nym had dispersed, leaving a nice quiet in their wake. That paired up with the sun made Kyoko feel ready for a catnap too. "Mmm..." She stretched her legs out, settling her back against the warm scales and using her own arms as a makeshift pillow. Her head tilted upwards, eyes closing. "Sounds pretty good to me! An hour or so...that'll be enough time for a nap...~" Being a magical girl was hard work. Perhaps a little bit of sleep would help her feel pumped when she went to the Outer District later! Nuzzling her head lightly, her breathing became softer and quieter until she finally nodded off.

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:24 pm