Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Re: Knight and Magical Girl in the Inn

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:58 pm

"But of course." The knight spoke with a small grin. There was...something about this girl that made her question the validity of that claim. Perhaps it was a streak in her that she recognized from somewhere close to her..

Fancy party...well, she wasn't wrong. It was a dress that she'd worn around the palace quite a bit, though there was a low mumble about 'the ballgowns being worse' before the knight sighed. Even though she seemed to be put off by the thought, she was still smiling to herself faintly. "Anything, really. Though if I'm not in armor, I'm typically wearing as little as possible." It took a moment for Scarlet to realize...that had come out wrong. "Um... Typically when I wasn't training, I was down at the forge with my brother, so I kept a few pairs of beat up clothing. A short shirt or two-" She gestured to a few inches under her chest area. "-with no sleeves, pants with a couple of burn holes, boots... You know. Comfortable things. Though, I have had to fight my way through an army dressed as a harem concubine, before-..." The knight's voice trailed off, then, though a steady pink hue was growing on her face. That was not a pleasant memory. Fuck the desert.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 24

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:36 am

Despite the affirmative nature of Scarlet's words, the grin seemed to make it clear that the other woman was being a little playful in her agreement. As if she didn't trust Kyoko to be the most lawful teenager in the world! She wouldn't have been offended if it weren't for the fact that Scarlet was right to doubt her. The redhead snorted to herself, smirking openly in a manner that seemed to admit that she could be quite the mischievous one when she wanted to be. You know, when guards weren't involved and all that.

Kyoko seemed to ignore the implications of Scarlet's words, if only because it meshed rather well with her own style. Magical girl attire aside, she leaned towards hoodie, shorts, and boots. Definitely nothing quite like what the other woman was wearing right now, the velvety dress that stretched all the way to the floor. "Fewer clothes to get in the way." She agreed with a small nod. Made sense to her! Though the mention of a concubine outfit drew a disgusted little sneer. "Eew. That stuff is gross." That was something Kyoko wouldn't touch when it came to clothing. Short shorts were pushing it as it was! Huffing to herself, she folded her arms over her chest. "Seems like that dress will be kind weird to sleep in unless you got like...one of those under-dresses under it to use for a nightgown?"
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:56 pm

That smirk was all too familiar to the knight. It was one that she wore herself, quite often. Granted, she expected she was a bit more of a social outcast than the magical girl before her. After all, Jerrik's passtimes weren't exactly...legal. Or morally correct, in any form. Torture, murder... And she couldn't honestly say she was against it, either. She'd quite enjoyed getting her own payback on a few people...

Though, when Kyoko's reaction to the concubine outfit surfaced, Scarlet nodded. Profusely. "We were there...maybe five minutes in the palace before the King's 'wives' abducted me." Granted, she'd been the idiot to explore without Jerrik, but...still! "Women there weren't allowed to have weapons, so I was stripped of mine, and...well...stripped. It was the most uncomfortable thing I'd ever had to do. Though they let me have a long shawl, at least. A sheer one. Ugh... And the guy was a creep." A visible shudder shot through the knight. At the very least, his 'wives' were kind enough to leave Scarlet's weapons under the bed for her, just in case she would need to protect herself. Ahhh... They were kind women, in a very unfortunate situation.

"You know...I didn't think about that...hm..." Scarlet glanced down at her dress, furrowing her brows in thought for a moment. "I guess if worst comes to worst, I could sleep nude... I'd rather not stay in the only clothing I have with me all night and day, repeatedly."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Wives? Oh boy. The King was one of those people. Kyoko's face only seemed to intensify in her obvious displeasure, especially as Scarlet explained that the women had stripped her of weapons and clothing! "They all should have left you alone! You weren't another wife!" Blech! The knight life wasn't sounding as glamorous as her books made it seem. And why did so many of the guys from Scarlet's home sound so gross? Granted, that was coming from a young teenager but...it all still sounded very disgusting to her ears. Creepy jerks. Arms stiffening over her own shoulder, the redhead snorted derisively. "It sounds like the only way to be safe would be to dress up and pretend to be a guy." It was something some characters had done in the stories she read at least. Helped them to get around without being bothered!

The idea of a stranger sleeping nude on her couch elicited a much more immature sort of disgust as Kyoko stole a peek at the couch that no doubt would be Scarlet's bed tonight. Granted, the dress definitely didn't seem comfy...and she'd need to wear it tomorrow if they went to the store. Grumbling softly, she glared down at the floor. "Guess I can...give you lots of sheets and stuff to put over the couch." Items that could be easily washed! ...Or thrown out. Either one.
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Pretend to be a man...? Scarlet rolled her eyes a bit, making a dismissive hand wave. "Believe me, I've tried pretending to be a man as well. Though, I also had to pretend I was mute because..." She gestured to her throat, as if implying her voice was too effeminate to pass for a man. "Granted, we weren't sure if that kingdom would be friendly towards a woman in the guard... Turned out we were right. I almost got arrested for impersonating a knight. Fun day..." Scarlet nodded, then, as if it were a fond memory, all the same.

Though, when the girl appeared outwardly disgusted by her comment of sleeping nude, the knight began to laugh. "Don't worry. I wouldn't go that far in someone else's home. I do have an...underdress..." If that was even the best word for it. Really, the chemise she'd worn under her dress was because she'd expected to stay the night with Jerrik before she...became a portal victim.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Scarlet's reaction to her suggestion was dismissive, something that would almost offend her if not for the older woman's explanation. The gesture to her throat made the teenager open her mouth in a small 'o'. "Ooh...right." Guess the voice thing didn't come up too much in books and movies. As long as the ladies had short hair and men's clothes, they were set! The reality was a little different. "Sounds shitty." Yet Scarlet had to do it, the kingdom wasn't fond of women in the guard. She'd almost been arrested for 'impersonating' a knight! The redhead snorted derisively at the idea. "Impersonating, peh..."

Oh thank god, Scarlet did have an underdress! Relief spread from cheek to cheek before she joined the black haired woman in her laughter. "Great! That's good, I was kinda worried!" Phew! Dodged a bullet. A big ole, naked bullet. Swiping a small tear from the corner of her eye, she stole a sip from her can. "Hope the couch won't be uncomfortable. I've never really slept on it before."
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:42 pm

"I...might've snapped at that guard, actually. Tore into him pretty badly. Jerrik had to step in and break things up. Blackmailed them to keep quiet about it." Scarlet chuckled at the memory. Ah...that was a fun one. The guard had seemed on the brink of a panic attack. In exchange for keeping quiet about Scarlet's gender, the Prince had offered to NOT let the royals in on how they'd been manhandling his knight.

As Kyoko started to laugh with her, the knight found herself wiping away a tear from her own eye. She truly didn't want her to be there on her couch, sleeping naked. Though, her reaction was well worth the joking around about it. "Oh, don't worry about that. Even just at a glance, I can tell it will feel far better than a cot or, god forbid, the ground outside." There was her characteristic smirk once again. She truly hadn't enjoyed her little camping trips with Jerrik, traveling between kingdoms for work. Whenever they passed a town, they made damn sure to stop at the Inn for a bed.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:10 pm

"Too bad you couldn't have given him a nice black eye too! But sometimes a verbal lashing can be just as satisfyin'." Especially when blackmail was involved! Kyoko let out a small "Heh!" before she smirked, seeming impressed with the chain of events. Scarlet wasn't quiet or demure at all, and that was exactly the way she liked it! It was good to hear that fool be put into his place too! Maybe this Prince guy wasn't all bad after all. ...Still not the kind of person the teenager would be interested in meeting though.

Scarlet insisted that the couch would be far more comfortable than any cot, and definitely an improvement over the bare ground outside. Deep beneath the cushions, the black haired woman might find a few crumbs, but otherwise? No dirt and definitely no creepy-crawlies on her couch! It was far plusher than any old army cot too! "Cool! I should have an extra pillow and stuff somewhere..." After a moment of thought, the teenager tilted her head at Scarlet. "How're you feeling now, anyway?" She'd gotten a bit of food in her, and even some drink. Was she in need of anything else or even a power nap?
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:07 pm

"I'd like that..." Scarlet smiled a bit sheepishly as the girl mentioned an extra pillow. Though, knowing her luck, Kyoko would be in for an interesting scene in the morning... She'd gotten far too used to having other people sleeping in bed with her. Once she'd spoken up again, the knight nodded and smiled a bit, leaning against the counter slightly. "A little tired...perhaps mentally exhausted from trying to make sense of everything. But other than that...better. Thank you again...I don't know how things would've turned out if you hadn't found me out there." Truly...she would've been lost, in so many ways. Kyoko was a godsend, as laughable of a concept as that was to the knight. "It'll take a little time to adjust...but I'm sure things will sort themselves out at some point."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:45 pm

The sheepish admission earned a firm nod and an amused smirk. A 'bed' without a pillow was awful! It might as well be like laying on the dirty ground with a rock to support your head. Nope, no guest of her's would get that treatment. As for said guest's state, Scarlet admitted that she felt mentally exhausted. Kyoko nodded in light understanding. "It gets better with time! You start getting used to stuff and suddenly it's not so bizarre." Though the magical girl imagined that there was a lot more for Scarlet to wrap her mind around here. "No problem!" The teenager waved a hand, grinning from ear to ear at being thanked. "Someone helped me out when I first got here, figured I might as well repay that by helpin' you!" Time healed all wounds, or so the saying goes. "Word of advice while you're getting used to things here, try not to overthink stuff. You're gonna find a lot of weirdoes. Like...a lot of 'em. Not bad weirdoes either! Just...try not to freak out if you see animal people or walking corpses."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:16 am