Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Re: Knight and Magical Girl in the Inn

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:28 am

"A giant building?" This time, Scarlet cocked her head to the side curiously. Though...if they had the means to create such a thing, that wasn't a particularly bad idea. It would keep a lot of the merchants' goods out of the elements... "And it wouldn't be bad at keeping animals out either..." The knight nodded then, a smile returning to her face rather quickly. "That is absolutely brilliant...if not a little claustrophobic. I imagine having an enclosed market is a lot safer, though." She nodded and finished off her soda before setting it aside. "...Where I'm from, our largest marketplace was tucked into a corner of land that was bordered by farms, so we tended to have a stray chicken or two parading through the crowds and stalls."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 24

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:06 am

"Yep! Huge." Kyoko spread her hands out as far as they could to indicate just how large, even though her arms couldn't possibly encompass the actual length of the supermarket. So big, and full of so much food! Before the redhead could lick her lips at the thought, Scarlet's comment drew a briefly confused glance from her. "Animals?" Oh right. Guess the open markets from Scarlet's time might have been ravaged by wild animals. "Oh, right."

Claustrophobic, huh? "It's not so bad. If anything, I'd find this place more claustrophobic but there's a roof to go out on if you need some air. The supermarket does feel pretty safe though. Sturdy too." Kinda felt reliable that way. No matter what, Kyoko could depend on the market to wait for her visits. Listening to the markets of Scarlet's world, she confirmed that the teenager's suspicions were true. The redhead couldn't help the disgusted grimace that crossed her face. "Eeew, I hope they didn't poop on anything." Chickens were notoriously gross at times!
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:03 pm

"Usually they were shooed away before that happened." Scarlet chuckled. "Watching children startle the chickens was pretty amusing." There was a faraway look in her eyes for a moment as a pang of homesickness hit her, though a smile soon returned to her face. "My brother's forge was close to the center of town, but if you looked left, down the street, you could see the vendors not that far away. The market was bordered by a lot of farmland, so I'm assuming that was how we obtained our rogue chickens."

The forge... The knight sighed a bit, leaning her back against the refrigerator while she thought to herself. "...I...want to try opening a smithy here... Well, not here, in your kitchen. But...I feel like that would help bring a better sense of normalcy in all of this. I'm not as good as my brother, but...I was still a hell of a smith."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:15 am

((Nice new avatar art~!))

Good. Animals and food, mixing together? Pretty gross! Which was ironic since animals were such a big part of making food but hey. Nobody likes getting E. Coli. "Hehehe, I'd probably chase them with those kids!" An amused smirk crossed the magical girl's face before a brow arched upwards at Scarlet's expression. Her head tilted to the side questioningly though the moment didn't linger for long. "I guess a lot of stuff back then was like...smushed together in one place like that." A forge, a market, and the farmland, all within walking distance from each other? "Where I lived was pretty much like this city. It had supermarkets and stuff...but farmland was far away. I don't think I've ever even seen a farm with my own eyes."

Scrunching up her face at Scarlet's correction over creating a 'smithy' in her kitchen, Kyoko scratched at her ear with a confused look on her face. "Yeah, sure, I hear ya. It's good to have a job you can do, I know that helped me to adjust to this place. So what's a smithy?"
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:36 pm

((Thankies ^-^))

"The farmland wasn't anything special, really." The knight spoke with a small shrug. "At least we didn't have an idiot monarchy that decided taxing the fresh water to obscene levels was a good idea." Ugh. That man...still agrivated the crap out of her, even after he was already dead. "It must have been interesting growing up in a place like this, though... It's...different."

Though, as the girl questioned her about the smithy, her face shifted into a deadpan stare. R-...really? After blinking in her direction a few times, she shook her head and started to laugh. "Just another word for a blacksmith's shop. A forge, somewhere they make weaponry. Or armor, depending on what the client needs..."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:52 am

((You're welcome! ^^ ))

Oh boy, taxes. Like any child, Kyoko had managed to hear a little bit about them from eavesdropping on her parents and they sounded awful. Just awful! "It's pretty nice, convenient too, but we had a lot of taxes and stuff too. Living in a city in Japan was expensive! You wouldn't have had a place to live in for free like we do here." The city life was glamorous but pretty unforgiving. Scarlet's deadpan stare earned an unrepentant shrug from the redhead. She was completely unashamed of her ignorance! Once the older woman got to explaining what a smithy did, however, Kyoko's jaw dropped immediately.

"You can make weapons and armor?!" The teen's face lit up with a bright and cheery grin, suddenly leaning into Scarlet's personal space. "Oh man, oh man! I wanna get some new weapons! And armor! I could be a real knight in shining armor!" Oh you did it now, Scarlet. You opened up a big ole can of happy. Practically bouncing on her heels, the smile refused to die. "I'm gonna save up some money so I can buy some cool shit from you!"
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:44 pm

((I'll reply once I'm home from work, but I wanted you to know I literally laughed out loud behind the counter at that xD))
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:15 pm

When Kyoko started to gush, Scarlet laughed heartily, nodding with a proud smirk on her face. I can do both, yes. At one point, I had an entire set of full-plate, shield, sword and all that I had forged myself." That was one of her prouder moments. Though...none of her weaponry, to her knowledge, had followed her into this world.  After all, when she'd arrived, she was in a dress and having...an interesting time with her Prince. "From what it sounds like, I will need to save up money, myself, if I want to pull that off." There was a bit more of a realist in there than she cared to admit. Starting from scratch would be hard, even she knew that much. Though...she wondered if there were others here who were familiar with the craft. It would be nice to have company if she got her idea off of the ground. "...My sword was bigger than I was, by the way." The knight then added, grinning almost mischievously at the magical girl, as if trying to get another rise out of her.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:46 am

Oh my god. How did this happen? How was Kyoko so lucky as to run into a blacksmith on her first day and wind up helping her out?! Armor, weapons, shields... Bright red eyes almost seemed to sparkle, something a bit more innocent in her gaze as she imagined herself in a full knight armor. For the first time in a while, she could remember being a young girl, reading tales of knights and dragons and imagining herself inside the story. "That's so cool! I can't believe you do that stuff!" This woman was even cooler than she realized! Excitement calmed for a moment once she pointed out the reality of her situation. Namely, that it would take a good amount of money...right. A building, supplies. That definitely sounded expensive. "Oh...well! I'm not going anywhere!" Shrugging to herself, the teenager folded her arms over her chest in a confident manner. It was worth it, to be patient!

At Scarlet's boast, Kyoko grinned with a matching amount of mischief twinkling in her eyes. "Badass! That's the only kind of weapon to have if you ask me!" Before the older woman could try to ask, the teenager was already widening her grin and leaning towards her. "I've got a lance and it's bigger than me, too!"
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Oh? Now that was a surprise. She hadn't expected the young girl in front of her to be a lance user. And, it sounded to be rather large as well. Scarlet chuckled a bit, making an obvious look over the girl as if trying to judge just HOW large the weapon in question was. "It's funny that you say that; There were times my sword was used as a lance as well." She assumed that the young girl wouldn't know the style of weapon by name, but was in a good enough mood to try, at least. "It was a zweihänder. They're about the same size as claymores, if not a bit bigger." Granted, she'd made hers as large as she was comfortable handling, because seeing a woman on the battlefield with a BIG ASS SWORD was both comical for onlookers and lethal for those who disregarded her presence. It took a lot to wipe the suddenly malicious smirk from her face to get back to explaining. "The hilt was about this long-" She spread her hands apart to show the length. "And after the guard, there were metal points on either side of the blade, almost like a second one. Parrying hooks." She shifted how she was demonstrating to show about where they were in relation to each other. "So you could hold it like a two-handed sword, but...in between the guard and parrying hooks, I made a second place to hold, so I would be able to use it differently, if needed. And mine was light enough that I could do many a dumb thing with it." Scarlet shifted one last time, from showing off how it could be 'held' as a two handed blade, into something a bit more imposing, with her hands spaced further apart.

Then, as if she needed to state the obvious, her voice shifted into a small, almost embarrassed mumble.
    "...I miss my sword."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:01 pm

"Big enough to use as a lance, huh? That IS big!" Bigger than Sayaka's, that was for sure. The blue haired magical girl's swords were about the length of her arm. As Scarlet looked Kyoko over, she too scanned the other woman with her eyes and tried to imagine what a sword bigger than Scarlet would look like! Pretty impressive, or at least it looked neat in her imagination. The name wasn't familiar at all to her, but claymore was easier to understand. A very big, and thick sword. As the black haired woman went on to describe her sword in further detail, the teenager listened attentively and wide-eyed. A sizable hilt, parrying hooks on the side...she had even installed another method to hold her sword! The second method for holding the gun was definitely more imposing, like somebody waiting to strike. The teenager mimicked her position eagerly, curious and intrigued.

"Cool..." Shifting back into her more conversational pose, Kyoko raised a brow as she caught the mumble. "Well...you can always remake it, right? Especially if you get this forge! You could make it even better too." Though that wasn't exactly going to be done tomorrow, huh? Frowning thoughtfully, the teen shrugged. "Guess I'm lucky I can just summon mine with magic... Sorry you don't have your sword but maybe you could use a baseball bat for a bit til you have it back?" Baseball bats had nothing on swords, but maybe if you put some nails through the wood?
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Kyoko could summon her weapon...with magic? That was probably more impressive than her intimidating sword. Though, she fully intended to reforge it, if possible. After all,
    it'd kept her alive through QUITE A BIT. Like a war. Though, the girl's suggestion surprised,
    and admittedly, confused the knight a bit. "A....what?" She'd said...a baseball...bat? What on earth was that? Well...it sounded, from how she was describing, like some sort of...improvised weapon. But what sort, she had no idea. And the look of cluelessness on her face was probably a dead giveaway of that fact. "...I'm sorry. I don't believe I follow..." More new words to learn, it seemed. Though, part of her felt truly bad for having to keep asking the girl to explain things to her.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:07 am

...Right. Scarlet had no idea what baseball was, how would she know what a bat was? Frowning to herself, Kyoko scratched at her scalp with a sheepish mumble. "It's uh...a wooden weapon. I've never seen a forge or anything like that here so...I figured a bat would be a good replacement. 'Specially since you can hold it like you demonstrated with your sword." There was always a knife, but they were so small! "You should be fine in the city, we got like...sort of cops here, but outside the city you should have a way to protect yourself. And I think a baseball bat with nails hammered into it would be badass." She could see how that suggestion had come out of nowhere though, and it made her a little embarrassed.

"...A sword beats a bat any day though." She admitted, eyes focused on a far away wall.
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:25 pm

"Cops...?" The way she had said that made that sound as though they were responsible for, sort of, keeping those within the city borders safe. So... "...They are like guards, essentially?" She thought aloud. Hm...still. A hunk of wood seemed to be kind of disappointing for the knight to have as a weapon. Though she quirked a brow at the girl's suggestion of hammering nails into it. What-...hm...actually... That had the potential to get messy if she ever used it. A slightly darker chuckle slipped from the knight at the idea, but she nodded soon after. "For the moment, that should serve as a suitable replacement. Though, I suppose I should do something about this at some point." Scarlet gestured to her dress and rolled her eyes slightly. "I wasn't taken seriously in full-plate back home. A noble woman in a dress, wielding a hunk of wood wouldn't frighten a child."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:37 am

Damn it. The magical girl was very close to smacking herself in the forehead. Duh, Kyoko! Why would a lady from the medieval times know what a cop was? Those guys probably came about during the...19th century? Thankfully, Scarlet seemed to put two and two together pretty well. "Yeah! They're exactly that, they're guards. I've never really seen them in person but that's cause I'm a law-abiding citizen!" The teenager boasted, puffing her chest out with a toothy grin. At least in a place like this where she didn't need to steal, she was totally a law-abiding citizen. Strong as she was, she wasn't about to throw down with omniscient guards and shit.

The dark chuckle drew an amused smirk, the redhead making eye contact once again. For all the miscommunications and misunderstandings the two of them had had so far, it was nice to see that the older woman didn't hold it against Kyoko! She just wanted a better understanding of this new world she was in, and it wasn't like the teenager could blame her for getting confused. Looking the other's dress over briefly, Kyoko chuckled lightly. Kind of ironic with the sort of outfits magical girls transformed into, but she could still see Scarlet's logic. "Yeah, you look like you're dressed for a fancy party, not for a fight." Tilting her head curiously, the young girl narrowed her eyes. "So aside from the armor, what kind of stuff do you wear to fight in?"

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:35 am