Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Re: Knight and Magical Girl in the Inn

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:07 pm

Modest, huh? Then again, it sounded as if Scarlet was from a world that was medieval-like. Homes back then were pretty small! One room, maybe two max. 'Modest' homes in Japan were obviously a bit different. "He definitely would have needed a bigger place when he had a family. Maybe even something this size!" Kyoko agreed, an arm sweeping out to gesture to her room. A place for the parents to sleep, and one for the kids! That sounded pretty fair, especially for the 'olden times'.

The warm smile was a strange sight to see, the older woman obviously grateful to be allowed to come along. The redhead tried to shrug it off, feeling a bit bashful at the gratitude. "I mean, it'd be cool to have some company anyway, so it's no big deal..." Once upon a time, Homura would occasionally accompany her to get groceries but she soon found that Kyoko made very frequent trips to the store. A lot more than Homura herself, who didn't exactly like just lingering behind the redhead quietly and would have preferred to use her time more effectively. There'd definitely be a lot of time to start explaining things about this place, starting with the basics! Note to self, definitely inform this new lady about the hospital. Just in case.

"Yeah, portions would be much bigger where you were, right? Plus, you couldn't exactly get stuff pre-packaged like this." Nope, hunting was the way to get meat in those times. The Dark Ages weren't really the place for convenience stores. As for Scarlet's lack of knowledge about Mexico, that's to be expected. Earth didn't have an 'Ariasien', to her knowledge. "In my world, Mexico was a country that was pretty far away from mine. It was South of this country called 'America'. I don't know a lot about Mexico, but I like the food! Lots of beans, lots of spices."

At Scarlet's question, the teenager gave her a grin as she turned back to the freezer to dig out another burrito in plastic packaging. "Sure, as long as you don't waste it!" Again, she used her teeth to rip open the package. Sliding it onto a microwave-safe plate, the microwave suddenly let out a DING. The light inside was off, the timer indicating it was done. Abandoning the cold food, Kyoko turned on her heel to pull the door open. Her touch was a bit hesitant, waiting a moment before finally reaching out to pull the food out and set it on the counter. The edges bubbled with a bit of cheese and meat attempting to escape the corners of the wrap. As Kyoko set to putting the next burrito in, she tossed a glance over her shoulder to the other woman. "It might be a bit hot, but it should be ready for you to try!"
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:36 pm

”South, hm...? South of our Kingdom was a desert. Barren mostly, aside from a few dotted springs and an old oasis Kingdom. Their King ran it into the ground, though. Overtaxing on food, water... Most of his people were dying on the streets. So I helped kill him.” The knight shrugged, as if the last statement was the most natural thing in the world. [color:77c4=”#660000]”This...'Mexico', however, sounds as though it was not as bad off as that.” With that, she lowered her gaze to the burrito in the microwave and tilted her head. It had finished cooking already? What was this magical machine? And why was the one she'd pulled out of...a metal box...crinkling? Hm... Perhaps these were questions best asked another time. Her host was hungry, after all. It would be rude to pester her before she had a chance to eat something.

This...'burrito', Scarlet wasn't particularly sure what to think of it. It'd been explained, sort of. A flat piece of bread...with beans, beef, and spices? That didn't sound terrible. To the touch, it was quite hot, which confused the knight once again. It definitely seemed as though it'd been cooked thoroughly. She lifted it carefully and took a small bite, which yielded not much more than the tortilla in her mouth. After blowing on it, she tried again, getting a good bite in before her expression shifted. It was something...conflicted. ”It doesn't taste...bad, but it feels as if it's...missing something?” Scarlet couldn't quite put her finger on what exactly was missing, though. Maybe some peppers...?

The thought didn't linger much as she took a few more bites, rendering the burrito half-eaten before long. It helped more than she realized to settle her stomach that'd been churning from being hungry. ”This world is so strange... Even food can be prepared so quickly. Like magic.” The knight mused quietly.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 24

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Wow. What an intense world Scarlet came from. Another corrupt King, people dying in the street, and the landscape sounded horribly unforgiving. Her lips curled in slight disgust before an arrogant snort sounded from the teenager. "Good! It sounds like he really deserved it. The bloated jerk..." It was a little odd to hear the older woman confess to murdering a guy so blatantly and without a bit of remorse. But frankly? That was pretty much her style! "I think Mexico has a desert? It's pretty sandy at least. I don't think they had kings..." In the redhead's time, monarchies were pretty much obliterated aside from England. A light shrug and her attention turned back to Scarlet. "But yeah, I think you're right. People weren't dying in the streets." Not in such big numbers at least!

A few beeps sounded as she again punched in the numbers to cook her meal. Candy apple eyes peered inside as the light within turned on and a light buzzing sound emitted from the box. Just a little bit more...! Watched food never cooks, so she quickly turned herself around, her back pressed against the counter as she observed her guest. Scarlet seemed a little uncomfortable, trying to handle food she had never seen before, but otherwise seemed content enough. Luckily for her, burritos were pretty easy to figure out. "Missing something?" Both eyebrows raised. "Hm...maybe some salsa? I like to drizzle a bit of salsa on mine." Salsa or no, the older woman seemed eager enough to eat. Once her burrito had been half-eaten, she spoke up again.

"That's the future for you. Everything's fast. Fast food, fast transportation, fast communication!" History definitely made the far off past seem to move at a snail's pace! The microwave DINGed again, and the teenager was quick to pull the door open and grab her plate. A soft hiss sounded, obviously the plate was a little hot but Kyoko merely set the plate down on the counter and began to rummage for a packet of salsa in one of the drawers. "It's pretty fun, I think you'll figure it out in time. Thinking of all of it as magic might help you adapt." Using her teeth to rip the packet, she squirted her salsa onto the plate. Abandoning the empty plastic packet, she grabbed her burrito firmly and dabbed the end of it into the salsa. Satisfied, she brought the food to her mouth and began to munch with a satisfied hum. Keeping in mind that she had company, Kyoko was polite enough in keeping her mouth closed as she chewed. Teeth tore through tortilla, and soon she dabbed it into the salsa even more. The teenager ate as if she hadn't eaten all day.
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Sun May 21, 2017 12:43 am

"Sal...sa?" The knight asked curiously, shifting her ruby gaze from the magical girl to the burrito in her hand. "I suppose, if it's edible, I would be willing to try it..." Scarlet trailed off, then, in her thoughts. This place was so strange and foreign...but she was strangely comfortable with this girl. Enough so that she had not only been willing to sample this...'burrito', but was seeking her aid in attempting to adapt to things in this strange world she'd landed in.

It wasn't until the girl'd spoken again that she was pulled from her thoughts. The...future... She'd never really thought about her future, let alone the future of the world. "You think so...?" She questioned, then, referring to the knight thinking of it as 'magic' to help her adapt. Moments later, the knight's nose began to twitch slightly. The scent of whatever Kyoko had put onto her burrito had caught her nose, and promptly caused her to sneeze from the spices. At least she'd covered her mouth, like a lady. "E-excuse me..."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue May 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Should have figured she wouldn't know what salsa was. "Salsa's a tomato sauce that can be a little spicy. I've got some spicy packets but I usually like mild." Kyoko answered with a slight shrug. Mild would be best since Scarlet seemed unfamiliar with salsa. The teenager herself only ate the spicy when she was in the mood for it. "It's definitely edible! But you might need a drink afterward." She wasn't kidding when she said it could be a little spicy!

"Yeah, sure!" A fist rose, thumping softly against the corner of the microwave. "Like this thing. Electricity and microwave waves are kinda hard to understand so...bam! It's magic. Magic waves heat up the food. Targets the moisture in food and boils it. The elevator I was telling you about? Think of that like some...magic stuff is making it float up and down through the floors!" Kyoko smirked softly. "It's better than beating your brains out, trying to understand stuff that wasn't even invented in your time." The sneeze was random, the teenager pulling the food away from her mouth as she regarded the older woman. "You're excused!" Hmm... Her lips smoothed into a light frown, again she dipped her burrito into the salsa. "On second thought, maybe this stuff is too spicy for ya. You could use ketchup instead, though I think that'd be a little gross..." Realizing after a second that Scarlet wouldn't know what that was, she spoke up again. "It's another tomato sauce thing, but it's not spicy at all. It just...tastes like liquid tomato."
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Wed May 24, 2017 3:06 pm

"A...liquid tomato?" Scarlet questioned aloud, looking perhaps more puzzled than she had before. Just...how did one turn a tomato into a...liquid? However it was accomplished, it didn't sound particularly appetizing to think about. She was imagining someone having squished one down and trying to use that as a topping. The salsa, however, was a bit less intimidating. "Could I-...?" The knight glanced down to the burrito she held, then back to the magical girl with a curious expression. She'd at least be willing to try it. "...Just a little. That way it is not wasted." She'd already picked up on the girl's unwillingness to waste food, and that seemed to be one thing that the pair shared in common.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:31 pm

Kyoko actually had the decency to look a bit sheepish at the other's puzzled expression. Liquid tomato. Hrm. Perhaps not the best description. But what was?! Tomato sauce? That existed and it definitely wasn't like ketchup. Tomato paste? Tomato juice? Augh, why didn't ketchup exist in the old days?! Before she could shove her foot into her mouth, the teenager decided to beat herself to the bunch by shoving the burrito inside instead. She made short work of it, nibbling it down to the end of the tortilla, when Scarlet spoke up. "Hm?" With a questioning hum, she swallowed.

Oh! So she was willing to try some of the salsa? "Sure! You can try a bit and see if you like it." Kyoko agreed, holding out her plate for the other woman. Smeared on the dish was the salsa, mostly untouched and ready for Scarlet to try out by dipping her own burrito into it. Hopefully this would be more to her tastes than the liquid tomato.
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:26 pm

The knight nodded, then looked to the salsa for a moment in thought. So. She had said that it was potentially too 'spicy' for her. What...did 'spicy' entail, exactly? Well, she was nothing if she wasn't accustomed to abrupt changes. Between becoming a knight in the first place, the assassination, Jerrik, suddenly falling through a portal... A little bit of this salsa should be a piece of cake.

At least, that's what she thought as she dipped the burrito into the sauce. Once she actually took a bite, she seemed to freeze for a moment. It added...a complex flavor to it that she couldn't really put her finger on, but it seemed to add a bit of what was missing to the taste. And to her surprise... It burned."Is my tongue supposed to be tingling?" Was that what this elusive 'spicy' was? Though, after a moment, she dipped the burrito into the salsa and took another bite. "...I enjoy the flavor, but I must say. The feeling in my mouth right now is a bit alarming."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Scarlet nommed her salsa-fied burrito and actually seemed to freeze for a moment! Definitely the kind of reaction she'd suspect from somebody who had never had the spicy mixture before! Chuckling softly, Kyoko grinned wide enough to expose her teeth to the other woman. "Yeah! The tingling is the spiciness! It's good." She found the tingling very satisfying when paired with the cheese and beans! Scarlet seemed to agree as she dipped her food into it once more. Popping the very last bit of her burrito into her gob, the young teenager swallowed before she spoke again.

"If it's too tingly I could get ya something to drink. I've got water, juice, and soda." A thought came to her, and Kyoko was quick to clarify. "Soda is a bubbly drink, it's pretty sugary but refreshing." She knew enough about history to conclude that Scarlet had likely never even heard of the carbonated drink!
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:15 pm

So, it was the tingling that this 'spicy' was. That made her relax a bit as she dipped the burrito once again. It was...sort of pleasant, after the shock of it. "...I like it." That wasn't something that she had expected to say. But it wasn't bad, that was for sure. Though, as Kyoko went on, a confused expression returned to the dark-haired woman as she cocked her head to the side. 'Soda'. Another unfamiliar word. Though not a moment later, she was clarifying herself and Scarlet found herself trying to imagine it.

"...Bubbly...? Like the little things you can see in water when you go under?" The knight thought about it for a moment, took a glance down to the half-eaten burrito in her hand, then glanced back at the magical girl as if she'd come to a decision on something. "So far, I trust your judgement on this sort of thing... This 'soda' sounds interesting."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:09 pm

"I thought you would!" Kyoko grinned her approval. Salsa was a great topping, much better than ketchup! Getting to educate Scarlet on the wonder of salsa made her giddy, not to mention making her feel smart and experienced. As predicted, the mention of soda earned a confused look for the teenager before she went on to explain what it was. The sweetest drinks the older woman ever had was probably just fruity drinks. "Yeah! Just like those bubbles, only you can drink them." No chance of drowning on these bubbles. Not unless Scarlet had never taken a drink in her life and tried to gulp it down like air.

"You've put your trust in the right girl! Lucky for you that you ran into me, huh?" She'd given the woman food, a drink, a place to stay for the night, and brought her to the local inn! Kyoko had really filled her quota for the month on doing good deeds. With a confident light in her candy apple eyes, the teenager swung her hands by her side as she stepped back to the fridge. Reaching in with both hands, she pulled out two cans of Dr. Pepper. One was set down beside Scarlet, the other remaining with Kyoko. The can was chilled, pleasant cool from the fridge. With a sharp click and a hiss of compressed air, she flipped the tab to open the drink. She directed it towards the other woman, fingernail lightly prodding at the tab and making a soft twang. "You gotta pull on this to open it. Be careful not to drink too much at once! You're not used to it yet." As if to demonstrate how to drink from it, the redhead brought the can to her lips and tilted it back. With a satisfied swallow, she pulled the can away from her mouth and licked her lips. "Aah, that's good soda..." 23 flavors!
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:03 pm

"Pull it to open it..." Scarlet murmured, watching as the magical girl opened her soda can before trying to emulate it with her own. "...Stuck..." Apparently, the tab didn't want to pull for her. Ruby eyes glared down at the top of the can as she fumbled, until finally she could get a grip on it. The sound of it opening, and the soft popping of bubbles inside, piqued her curiosity as she peered inside of it."How did they get a liquid inside of something closed in such a way...?" Now that it was open, she looked to be bewildered for a moment before lifting it to her mouth to take a sip.

Her eyes grew wide, then the confusion began to set in once more. It was so...complex of a taste, she wasn't sure what to make of it! Another, larger gulp seemed to leave her with more questions than answers, to her dismay. "...I taste so many things. It's strange...but pleasant? And tingles a bit as well... I like it." As she thought aloud, her amazement of this world was beginning to peek out once again.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:54 pm

"Stuck?" Kyoko blinked, a little dumbfounded. On what? Did she accidentally turn the little tab, perhaps? A slim eyebrow rose, peering over the top of her own can of soda. Luckily it didn't take Scarlet too long to figure it out, the telltale hiss of carbonation sizzling in the air. With a satisfied nod, the teenager took another swig of her own can before she looked back at the older woman. "Oh uh...I think in the factories they just kinda...shove all the soda in with a tube. And then..." She trailed off, brows furrowing in thought. Huh. How did they seal the can afterwards...? Was it through the tab? How did they seal it so it could bubble up? Did they can it in a vacuum? With an amused chuckle, she could only shrug. "Actually, I have no idea!" Fancy that!

Reading the other's reaction to her drink, the magical girl was very pleased that Scarlet had not choked on her drink. Although she was obviously confused, she seemed to have enjoyed it! The strange bubbles in her mouth were something that would take anybody not familiar with soda aback! Kyoko smirked at Scarlet, tilting her head to the side. "Hope it's a better tingle than the salsa tingle!"
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:45 pm

Scarlet nodded, taking another large gulp of the soda this time. "Both were pleasant...though a bit strange." She had to admit that much at least. Thusfar, she hadn't been disappointed by the nourishment this world had to offer, that was for certain. Really, she wouldn't have had a problem with things in the first place if she hadn't been separated from her family and...well, annoying Lord. But until she was able to see if anyone else had been pulled through, she would have to make due where she could. At least with Kyoko's help, she'd secured shelter for herself.

While she was lost in her thoughts, she hadn't realized she'd gone totally silent. It was only after the can had made a cracking sound from her holding a bit too tightly that she'd snapped herself back to reality. "You mentioned going shopping tomorrow, earlier. Do they have some kind of marketplace nearby?" The knight cocked her head to the side curiously, then. "We had a fairly nice one back home, but while I was wandering around, I hadn't really seen anything similar in the general area."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Pleasant but strange! Kyoko smirked widely, pride written all over her face. As cool as it was to give this woman some assistance, the teenager was far happier to expand her sense of taste! There was something special about sharing food, and now she'd shown Scarlet how great Mexican cuisine and soda was! She supposed that was the wonder of this place, experiencing things you never could at home. The older woman came from a world that didn't have these advances, where so many things were magical. Mexico probably didn't even exist there!

As Scarlet fell silent, Kyoko merely sipped her soda and kept her sharp eyes on the other. Gaze briefly flickering to the can when the metal crumpled in Scarlet's grasp, she resumed looking the other woman in the face once she spoke up. A marketplace? The use of the word made the redhead imagine a bazaar, an open area of stands filled with food. Needless to say, the supermarket was different. "Yeah, there's a supermarket in the business district! It's pretty big, there's loads of food to spare in there and lots to buy." Thinking back to the bazaar, she tilted her head to the side. "You probably didn't recognize it since it's a giant building instead of an outdoor market."

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:48 pm