Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Re: A Knight In The City

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Kyoko smirked back at the older woman. "Ah come on, bar fights are great to watch! Why would you ever wanna break 'em up?" Probably part of being a knight. The teenager wasn't strictly allowed within bars of course, but a bit of magic was all she needed to sneak in where she wasn't supposed to go. As for a life without a forge, it didn't seem all that important. Maybe Scarlet could get some new weapons! Out of the corner of her eye, she caught the curious look on the other's face. "Yeah?" Now she had the redhead curious. It made sense, maybe monsters and other species were a thing in Scarlet's world?

"Are you talking about things like dwarves, elves, drow-...?"

Eyebrows furrowed. Well, those weren't things she'd really heard of outside of fantasy books. "More like aliens, talking animals that sometimes walk on two legs, sometimes on four... And living corpses." Even Kyoko herself wasn't exactly human, though explaining that to a woman she had just met would be a bit much. For now, it was safer to let her think she was human. The teenager glanced around at the street signs, taking note of where they were going. "Shouldn't be too much longer. We're close."
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:43 pm

"They are, until they get out of hand...my sister-in-law worked there, but she was usually too timid to even badger people to pay their tabs without me around... I was the backbone of that girl." She chuckled a bit fondly at the memory, then sighed a bit. "What are...aliens, you said? And animals behaving strangely I'm used to...unfortunately. As far as living corpses go..." Scarlet's voice trailed off before she sighed again. What could it hurt, it wasn't as if she'd make it back any time soon. "My Lord was a half-vampire...so when he went to sleep, I often thought he was dead. Granted, he said that if I ever said anything about it, my life, as well as my loved ones, would be forfeit." Perhaps that showed just how she was looking at the situation...that she may never return after all. Or...that she wasn't afraid to die without them.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 24

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:22 pm

"Aah...I've known people like that." Timid, didn't like to speak up, needed others to be her backbone...that definitely sounded like Madoka. Sweet girl, but a little too kind and gentle. Like Scarlet's sister-in-law, she couldn't easily stand up for herself. Or for her tavern. "Aliens are people that come from other planets. Like Mars and stuff, they're from space." It had slipped Kyoko's mind that Scarlet wouldn't know what aliens were. Aliens in popular culture were pretty...modern. Animals behaving oddly weren't too off for the older woman, but living corpses?

Sensing that Scarlet was going to give her some interesting information, the teenager lessened her pace so that they were walking side by side. She cocked her head to the side, keeping eye contact as the older woman explained. The Prince she loved and served was half vampire! It was a secret that would usually mean Scarlet would be killed for sharing it. The magical girl's eyes seemed to brighten up with a bit of mischief. "So vampires existed in your world! And were bad enough that this Prince being exposed would be bad." Probably 'burned at the stake' worthy. "In that case, this place won't throw you off your ass too much then! Not if you served a half-vampire guy." Monsters, demons? The older woman wouldn't be too shocked. Or so Kyoko assumed.
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:27 pm

"...Space?...I'm...not sure I follow. There are other planets...?" The knight looked quite confused by this new information. Wait. Did she mean like, the stars...? Scarlet blinked after a moment, then shook her head. That couldn't be right...maybe it was just a term she'd never heard of.

When the conversation had turned to the existence of vampires, Scarlet sighed and nodded, setting a hand on her hip as she walked. "It wasn't just vampires. The messenger that bonehead befriended was a demon. Fire demon, of all things. And a pervert." That'd managed to bring a bit of a smile back to her face, for a moment at least. "Unfortunately...I'm pretty sure Jerrik's-...erm...the King and Queen knew that I knew about the Prince's condition. After the stunt they pulled by sending us into the desert..." She trailed off angrily. The thought of that sandy hell was not pleasant...at all. "I'm sorry. I'm sure I'm complaining a lot. There's just a lot on my mind right now. I had no intention of talking your ear off."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:16 pm

The magical girl seemed to match the woman in her confusion. Right, back in the day people didn't realize there were other planets in the sky. Let alone those planets having life on it... Kyoko scratched at her scalp idly. "Yeah...there's a lot in all sorts of worlds and stuff, I think." Raising a pointer finger towards the night sky above them, she continued. "Some of the stars up there are actually planets! They're just so far away that all we see is a dot of light." Though that did beg the question of what aliens who were native to this world were like... A question to be answered another day!

Vampires and demons. The redhead let out a low whistle, impressed. Her long ponytail swished behind her back as she shook her head. "I've never met a demon yet! That one sounds pretty scummy, though." What with him being described as a pervert and all. The thought of such a familiar person seemed to draw a little smile to Scarlet's face before fading. With a minor name slip up, Scarlet revealed that the Prince's parents probably knew that she knew. And something about a desert? The magical girl cocked her head to the side, eyebrows arched in confusion. At the apology, she easily shrugged off her absolute confusion, replacing it with nonchalance. "It's better than an awkward silence, even if I have no idea what the hell you're talkin' 'bout." Seriously, did the King and Queen boot their son's loyal bodyguard into a desert or something?
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:00 am

"Scummy wasn't quite the word I'd use. He was kind of like the Prince in a lot of ways." Scarlet commented flatly. The talk about the people in the sky would have to wait until another time, when she wasn't already mentally exhausted from everything else happening. "More-or-less self-centered, and thought he was the bachelor because he could lure in any unsuspecting woman with magic." The knight rolled her eyes, then smiled a bit. "And I'm sure the desert comment was a bit confusing... The demon had befriended Jerrik and was acting as a messenger between kingdoms, and eventually we got close to war breaking out. A desert nation was attacking an ally after their Queen had passed away. King Marius and Queen Annette saw fit to send their half-vampiric son, the Prince, and their only female knight-...well...I guess I was making a bit of a stirr...um-...well, out into the desert, on an assassination mission." Scarlet coughed a bit into her hand, then looked up at the sky once again. "The man ruling that desert nation was no king. He was taxing the water and was starving his citizens to death, while he stayed pampered in his palace oasis, fresh food and water, with his little concubines..." She rolled her eyes. "We were masquerading as emissaries from far to the north, even for our realm, to offer aid, and had to pretend to be married for a while, too. Though, that scumbag of a king even tried to come onto me while he believed me a married woman... Needless to say, after Jerrik slit his throat, I had my own ass-kicking to grant the man." It took a moment, but by then Scarlet had realized that not only was she rambling again, but they'd walked quite a ways while she was doing so. But for some reason, this girl made her feel a bit more comfortable talking about a lot of the things she'd had pent up. She could apologize to her later, again, after they'd gotten some rest. With that in mind, she brought her story to a close. "In the end, Marius and Annette weren't exactly pleased to see us return safely. I'm pretty sure they were dumbfounded at first. After all, the Queen kept setting up situations that she'd expected Jerrik to kill me like his last attendant."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:17 am

"Perverts are kinda scummy..." Kyoko insisted with a curled lip. There was also the fact that he was a demon, something that made her a little iffy. It just brought up all the memories of her father preaching in church, urging his followers to be wary of demons. Were they all evil servants to Satan? The one Scarlet knew didn't really sound evil. Just kinda...like any old guy. Aside from the magic demon powers. The magical girl didn't comment anymore on him though, deciding to listen instead as the older woman elaborated on this desert story. With their demon friend as a messenger between kingdoms, they eventually came close to war. An ally to the kingdom came under attack after the death of a Queen. The solution was an assassination mission; one that involved their son and Scarlet herself. "They let their son do that...? I thought Princes were kinda...kept to the castle and stuff. You know? All protected and stuff, unless they were out doing heroic things." It definitely sounded odd to hear that he was sent out as an assassin. And all alone with Scarlet too.

The man they were set to kill sounded like a rather disgusting person. Letting his people starve in the streets and hogging all of the clean water! In a desert nation! As for the harem, the teenager joined Scarlet in rolling her eyes. It was even worse when the knight recounted how he hit on her, even while she was undercover as a married woman. "Alright, I was wrong earlier. That guy is the scumbag." So gross...and in the end, their mission was a success as the Prince and Scarlet slit his throat and beat him up. Subconsciously, the redhead nodded her head emphatically. As if approving of the awful King's fate. As for the King and Queen, they had apparently expected their son to lose control and drain Scarlet dry of all the blood in her body. A smirk began to grow, only stopped by the other's last words. "Last attendant...?"

Her candy apple gaze affixed itself completely upon the older woman. "How many attendants has he killed?!" And most importantly, were they all orchestrated by the Queen? What kind of fucked up fairy tale was this?!
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:47 am

"Oh yeah...he had a lot of killing jobs." Scarlet mumbled after the magical girl had commented on how Princes kept to the castle more often than not. "He also commanded a lot of the armed forces in his father's stead, was sent out for trials in town, like for, say, witches-..." For a moment, the older woman cringed. The memory of that poor woman she'd watched being tried... She was brought into the town's church and bound to a chair that was, effectively, covered in nails, until she'd confessed. It was a messy situation...

When the question of the Prince's attendants came, Scarlet looked to Kyoko for a moment, then shrugged."I'm not sure how many, honestly. The last I was aware of was named Clarith, and he...well...had a fair bit of fun torturing her before she died. That was kind of his thing. The torturing bit..." Though, it wasn't exactly a bad thing. Perhaps...it would be best to clarify that before she got ahead of herself. "He might sound fucked up...but he was the first one at my side, furious when he'd found out that some of my...erm...'comrades' had attacked me in the barracks. He hunted every one of them down, singlehandedly, threw them into the dungeon, and forced them to choose between groveling at my feet for forgiveness or...well...letting me back at them." It did sound like some sort of fairy tale, being recounted like this...but for some reason, she couldn't help it. Amidst the pain of the potential loss of those she cared about, being able to openly talk about it all...felt like one hell of a weight being lifted from her. But to unload on a child...wasn't such a mature thing to do.

"I...don't think he would've been so rough around the edges if his parents actually cared." The knight mumbled after a moment. "Between seeing...visions, I suppose, when he had fed, and an artifact I'd stumbled across blindly, I've seen more than I care to admit... When he was too young to defend himself, his father repeatedly tried to kill him, because he feared him...hated that he was a symbol of his infidelity... And the Queen was no better. She locked him outside of the palace, in broad daylight, while he screamed and cried out about how it was burning him...just a small child..." Once she'd finished her thought, Scarlet's arms came up around her and she began to rub them. It was a little chilly out here...wasn't it? "I'm sorry...I'm out here talking your ear off while you've got to be getting cold as well."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:20 am