Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

A Knight In The City

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Time: Appx. 10pm
    Date: 10/4/2016

It'd taken quite a long time, but by the time the sun had set again, the woman had managed to wander from the beach, where she'd regained consciousness, into the city, drawn in by the light. She took out on the outskirts for a fairly long time before finding the courage to begin walking. Her ruby-hued eyes were darting in nearly every direction, trying to make sense of what she was seeing. All of this...was it magic? She'd never have jumped to such a conclusion if not for her experiences with her Prince. But, that seemed to be the only logical explanation, because all of these...lights, she couldn't see a flickering flame inside of.

Eventually, the shell-shocked knight had made her way downtown. A sign she'd passed seemed to say 'Main Street' at some point, though that didn't help her at all to get her bearings. Just...where had she ended up? Scarlet frowned a bit, and a nervous hand came up to sit on the side of her neck. It was a bit of a self-conscious tick she'd acquired after serving in the palace so long. Covering those marks had been crucial to her survival, as well as the survival of those she cared for. The frustration was beginning to set in not-so-slowly as she wandered around, aimless and clueless, before sitting herself down outside the mouth of an alley. Where...was she? This place was so strange... She just wanted to get back home...back to her family, and the asshole she served. "...Of all things...I guess I would be the one this happened to... Damn it all." She mumbled bitterly to herself, slumping over to sit her cheek in her hand with a sigh.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 24

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Re: A Knight In The City

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:53 pm

Nighttime had proven to be a good time for hunting Witches. The Outer District seemed to draw them most, especially the seedier parts. Certain alleys and street corners weren't exactly used for selling girl scout cookies, so it was no wonder that the beings of despair would bloom there. Too bad that Kyoko and Homura were pretty good about slicing down any Witches before they could lure anything beyond a few pests into their Labyrinth! The spoils of such a hunt were clasped tightly in one palm as Kyoko Sakura bounced from rooftop to rooftop. Sticking to the shorter buildings, the magical girl always quite liked this method of transportation. Always got her blood pumping! Boots skidding to a stop, the redhead paused to take a look at the signs. Candy apple eyes briefly scrolled over the words before staring down at the street and buildings. Ah yes, this looked like it was Main Street! Approaching the side of the roof, her hand grasped the side of it as she whipped her legs over the side as if dismounting from a horse. Her hand released the roof and the teenager allowed herself to freefall down into the alley!

Bending her legs at the knees, it was all the bracing she needed to stick the landing. One hand still busy with the Grief Seed, her other reached behind to straighten out her ponytail as she sauntered down the alley. Kyoko was still in full magical girl attire, with a bright red ruby affixed to the chest of her dress. Only once she had reached the mouth of the alley did the magical girl take note of the older woman slumped beside it, mumbling about her misfortunes. Her free hand planted itself upon her hip as she raised an eyebrow at the seemingly sullen woman. She was definitely unfamiliar, whoever she was. Subtly moving her other hand behind her back, Kyoko leaned down to better see the dark haired lady. "Didn't realize this alley was 'claimed', sorry if I landed on your home or something." Finding her right outside of it, Kyoko took her for a vagabond. A well-kept one but one nonetheless. "So, what's your problem?" She asked in a rather blunt tone.
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:44 pm

Scarlet quirked a brow a the voice, but was on her feet almost instantly, reaching for--...well, the sword that she no longer had on her person. Shit. Though, as she took in the stranger, she frowned a bit and lowered her guard. It was a child...? "I'm not sure about your situation, but this is not my home, kid. It...really isn't..." The knight's voice trailed off into a bit of a sigh as she rubbed the back of her head for a moment. Perhaps it was time to at least pretend to play nice...

"I'm...lost? I fell through the floor when I was tending to my Lord, and then I woke up stranded on the coastline." Maybe if she explained the situation, the kid would be willing to help her. Hopefully. "...Things are...really different in this place... Even those lights that are being lit by magic. I just wish to return to my home. Can you tell me the direction I need to go to return to Ariasien?" Now that she thought about it, this girl looked quite different than those she was accustomed to. Granted, the deep crimson, crushed-velvet dress she had on kind of stuck out as well. Back home, some might've even mistaken her for a noblewoman.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:09 pm

Kyoko took a step back as the other raised up in a flash, hand reaching for something that wasn't there. Aside from a cocky smirk, the teenager didn't respond at the other's defensive that melted once she realized she wasn't being attacked. Instead, Kyoko seemed to size the older woman up. "Good, cause this is a really pathetic place to live. I know like five alleyways that are much more livable." If not a home, then perhaps this was merely a thinking spot for the lady. Weight swiveling upon one hip, the magical girl moved to lean upon the wall as she listened to the woman's tale.

Lost was a word for it. From the sounds of it, this chick just arrived in this place! Her story pretty much covered all of the hallmarks for it; disappeared from one place, taken to another. The coast, of all things! Lights seemed magical to this lady, she had some kind of 'Lord', and her home was called...Aria something? Kyoko scrunched her face in thought before she shook her head. "Sorry, never heard of the place. Did you walk all the way here from the coast? You must be tired! And hungry..." Pushing off from the wall, the magical girl faced the stranger head on. "When you fell through the floor, was it in a sort of...portal that sucked you in? Cause I might know what happened to ya in that case." Pausing to point her index finger at a streetlight, Kyoko couldn't help a lopsided grin, tugged tight with mischief and exposing a sharp canine. "That's called electricity by the way. It's science, not magic."
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:33 pm

For some reason, the girl's cockiness brought a bit of a smirk to her own lips. For some reason, this kid reminded her a lot of herself not too long ago. After all, she wasn't that much older than her. Though, as she questioned the coast and if she'd fallen through a...what was it, portal? Scarlet thought for a moment then nodded. "I believe that may be what had happened. Last I recall was the sensation of falling, and the Prince trying to pull me out before I lost consciousness." There was another small sigh before Scarlet folded her arms over her chest. At least her hair had become a bit of a black mess over her shoulders, she'd completely forgotten that the slash scar across her throat was uncovered, as well as the vampire's marks. To the remark about 'science', the knight scoffed, setting a hand on her own hip with another grin of her own. "Whatever you say. The closest thing to 'science' I've gotten to was working as a blacksmith at my brother's forge. Candlelight, open fires...nothing like this."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:10 pm

With that bit of confirmation, now Kyoko knew it for sure. Oh boy, this'll be good--wait, did she say Prince? The magical girl seemed to blink out of her own thoughts. "You served a Prince? Faaancy." Much better than a Lord. It sounded as if she must have come from a long time ago to not even have electricity! So Kyoko didn't just get to tell her about being stuck in this world, but also the technology of the place too. ...Fun. "A blacksmith? Are you serious? That's...really old!" She was lucky that this woman wasn't speaking in 'thou's and 'thee's. Letting out a puff of air, she raised a hand to brush aside her bangs. "Well, I'm Kyoko Sakura. This place is Portal City and you're pretty much stuck here."

She paused to let that sink in. "I was on my way to the Inn, you'd be able to stay there for free and they provide meals. It's gonna be a lot to take in, so we could talk on the way." This was a first for Kyoko, it was a shame they didn't have pamphlets for this kind of thing.
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:24 pm

Another slightly more proud smirk crossed her lips. "He was a fucking asshole." It was a pretty blunt statement, but it was almost like she seemed to be fond of him for it. Though, it was short lived. Old...? The knight blinked for a moment, then rolled her eyes. "It's not that old where I'm from. I've been doing it since I was pretty young." There was another small shrug, then she bowed her head politely to the girl.

"My name is Scarlet Eldred, knight and blacksmith. And...Portal...city?" That didn't sound familiar at all. And...stuck here? As in...couldn't return...? Really? Though, the thought of having something to eat made her stomach growl, rather loudly. But was it actually...free? How strange. Still, she nodded a bit and folded her arms over her chest. "...Thank you, Kyoko. I...appreciate the help."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:35 pm

Scarlet's blunt statement drew an amused smirk in return, as well as a laugh. "An asshole? I thought people like you have to kiss royalty's ass and here you are calling him an asshole. What would he think of that?" Kyoko teased, though even if she knew the man in question she wouldn't exactly tattle. She'd probably just call him an asshole to his face. As for the woman seeing her time as pretty normal since she grew up with it, Kyoko shrugged. It made sense, and the magical girl's time probably seemed like it was from far in the future for her.

Names were exchanged, and the magical girl's candy apple eyes seemed to brighten at Scarlet's title. "You're a knight? That's pretty cool, where's your armor?" It explained what the woman had been reaching for when Kyoko first talked to her too. To think, she had found a real live knight...and she didn't seem all that different from Kyoko herself. So much for being all about codes of honor! The sound of a growling stomach drew her attention, the redhead glancing down at the other woman's middle for a brief moment. "You're welcome. I figure I ought to pay it forward, when I first came this...nice little yellow pegasus brought me to the inn and told me about this place." Thinking back to the other's growling stomach, Kyoko pursed her lips. "It might be pass dinner time by now but after we get you a room I can give you some food from my pantry. Just for tonight."

As for this place... Kyoko began to walk down the main street, keeping to the sidewalk. She gestured for Scarlet to follow along as she began to explain. "From what I've been told, our worlds have been destroyed and we've been brought here to keep us all safe." It was a good starting place, as far as those go!
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:56 pm

"If he heard me say it, he'd probably laugh in my face and-...ehem." A faint tint of blush crossed her face after she'd cut herself off. Usually, when the two of them bickered, things were good. They had fun and...had fun, more often than not. But she wasn't about to say that to a child. As the topic of her armor came up, she sighed a bit and shook her head, seeming a bit more disappointed. "It got left behind. I was running...well...personal errands at the time, so I didn't have my armor, or my weapons on me. Which sucks...I forged those myself... It fit so well..." Again, the knight trailed off, but began to follow after the girl without much prompting.

At least...until she began to explain the situation. Scarlet froze midstep, the skin on her face draining from her as if she'd just seen a ghost. D-...destroyed...? She...she said...destroyed... "...K-...Kyoko..." She managed to speak, though her voice cracked rather blatantly at first. "...Do you think...there's any possibility...at all...that the Prince fell into that portal with me...?" It was a long shot, but having hope was better than feeling heartbroken. Though, after she had a moment to think, a rather sad smile crossed her face and she chuckled bitterly. "And my biggest worry was trying to avoid having to be at his wedding...heh..."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

...Well. Both eyebrows shot up at that one, giving the other woman a rather bewildered look. Kyoko hadn't expected an answer like that! Though Scarlet had cut herself off, the blush spoke for itself. "Uh-huh, fun..." She snorted, shaking her head. A Prince and his knight, how scandalous. As for her armor, it seems the whole 'getting sucked through the floor' thing left her unable to grab it, along with her other weapons. Kyoko frowned, considering herself lucky that her own spear could be conjured up with magic. "That sucks. Maybe you can find a blacksmith here and remake it all, or something." It was possible, right?

Scarlet called her voice, words cracking as it seemed to sink in for her. Kyoko glanced over a shoulder, coming to a stop as well. Although Kyoko didn't have much left in her own world when she had come here, she knew it wasn't the case for everybody. Seeing it up close like this felt...weird. The redhead frowned, and lightly rubbed the heel of her boot into the concrete. How was she supposed to answer...? "He could...appear later. My friend Homura had actually been in this place like...a year before I ever came. So it's possible he could drop in sometime too." Nothing but the truth, and definitely not false hope since it really did seem possible.

"And my biggest worry was trying to avoid having to be at his wedding...heh..."

And then Scarlet's apparent relationship with this Prince got twenty times more scandalous. Kyoko raised both hands in the air and turned forward, walking on. "Not even going to ask! I've seen enough love triangles!"
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:36 pm

So...it wasn't like...immediate destruction then? Her heart slowed down a little bit at that. But having a glimmer of hope could prove to be more catastrophic for her later on, too. "But it's still best to assume that my brother, sister, and only other two friends are-..." She cut herself short again, but sighed deeply. The thought of running into another smith in this world, though, made her smile slightly. That would be nice, though...what was the use if she had no one to serve and protect...? If anything...it would probably be easier to try to adapt...and forget...

When she'd voiced her opinion on the whole matter of their 'love triangle', Scarlet smirked, though if Kyoko had gotten a good look at her eyes, it would seem like she was damn near ready to cry. "No. It wasn't going to be anything that dramatic. I...planned to break things off before one of us got hurt. It's not like I had any business getting in the way of an arranged marriage between two royals."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:13 am

Oh geez, it wasn't just her Prince? This chick had siblings and friends? Oh God. Grimacing, Kyoko absentmindedly ran a hand through her ponytail. "Maybe, whatever helps you sleep at night. I'd say just...don't write them off completely but don't hold your breath either." It was strange and pretty unfamiliar for the young teenager. Comforting people was not her forte.

As for the love triangle, Scarlet insisted that it wasn't quite so dramatic, especially since the woman was willing to ignore her feelings and do what was best for them both. Indeed, getting in the way of two royals to be wed? The redhead tossed a glance over her shoulder, remembering the ugly scar that stretched across the other's throat. It made her wonder what could have happened there... Another altercation with Royalty perhaps? Attention diverting forward again, the teenager cleared her throat lightly. "Good, too much of this love stuff always seems to be so dramatic. It's a lot different from the stories where true love conquers all." In this case, it simply couldn't conquer the marriage to be. Thinking back to the topic of this place, Kyoko continued on her explanations. "Soo yeah, you're stuck here but like I said, there's an inn where people can stay and eat for free. There's lots of cool stuff around here, cool stuff to do. Stay away from the Outer District, that's trouble. If I were you, I'd try to get acclimated with all this tech. Since lightbulbs are magic and all..." Kyoko couldn't hold back a small snort, still obviously amused by Scarlet's lack of tech-savvy.
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:23 am

For some reason, the girl's harsh wording wasn't affecting the knight too badly. She was in thought for the most part, but at least someone was willing to talk to her in this strange place. Now she had some idea what was going on. As Kyoko explained further, Scarlet nodded along, taking mental notes as she listed off the places nearby and such. The 'Outer District' wasn't a very good place to be, hm... "You may be right about that." The knight conceded. It would probably be easier on her to accept the situation and adapt, rather than try to hold fast to what she'd learned growing up. "I never thought I would see something like this, what did you call it...'electricity' at twenty-two. Everything feels so...foreign. Though I imagine I stand out pretty harshly as well."
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:08 am

May nothing, Kyoko thought to herself cockily. This woman was definitely going to have to catch herself up on some world history. Just hearing Scarlet talk about electricity, how she never thought she'd get to see it at her age...! The magical girl couldn't hold back a laugh. "That sounds so weird! Electricity has been around all my life, I can't imagine not having it!" It'd be hell, and incredibly boring. As for Scarlet standing out? Kyoko shrugged. "I've seen weirder." Though that actually brought up a thought for the redhead. "Technology isn't the only thing that's gonna surprise you around here. There are a lot of other worlds out there, so we have a lot of different species and creatures here. This place is really weird, but I think you'll figure it out." Once she got over the loss, of course. That would probably be Scarlet's biggest hurdle. An understandable one too.
    Scarlet Eldred
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:23 am

"Just like I can't imagine life without the forge...I can't say I miss breaking up the bar brawls though." That'd managed to get a bit of a chuckle out of the knight, at least. She'd spent countless nights keeping her sister-in-law safe while she worked at the tavern. That girl was so meek that the men would walk all over her, given the chance... Though, she shot the magical girl a curious expression at her next statements. Technology wasn't the only thing she'd have to get used to...? Other...worlds? Scarlet furrowed her brow in thought for a moment, then nodded slightly. "I...can't say that I haven't encountered different species in my...world?" She spoke as if she was still questioning the entire ordeal, but at least was staying open-minded towards it. "Are you talking about things like dwarves, elves, drow-...?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:20 am