Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Re: Lost in the New Real

Post by Perrin Aybara on Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:27 am

Perrin just stood there, one hand gripping the haft of his axe, the half-moon blade hanging from his belt as it was, in a poor attempt to anchor himself. He focused on taking deep, even breaths; on running his fingers along the wood, feeling out the rougher spots. But his heart continued to pound in his chest, making his blood roar in his ears, and he stared at the strange stones beneath his feet without seeing them. Oh, he could hear Zim babbling about something or other, and Jo hastening to reassure him that things were not all that bad, but it all washed over him like tidal waves surging over outcrops of rock.

He could not stomach that he was trapped in this new world for good. It looked nothing like his world. He would be reminded of what he had lost every waking moment. Without anything familiar to go by, without his friends… Jo tried to tell him that he wasn’t really alone, that there were other people here who were in the same predicament, but it just wasn’t the same. If they were all from different worlds, he really was alone. Unless others from his world somehow found their way here, but he would not wish this fate on anyone. No, not even on his worst enemies. Light, imagine a Forsaken finding his or her way here. If no one in this world could channel, then there would be no stopping a Forsaken…

Jo was shouting, he suddenly realized, but lost in his own thoughts as he was, trying to come to grips with this new reality that he now had to deal with, he did not even think to swerve to the side when she rose her hand. Pain blossomed up his arm, the shock of it finally jerking him back to the present. He bit back a cry and stared down at his arm, lifting his golden eyes back up to Jo, whose hand was still balled into a fist. Light, he could barely feel his arm anymore. How was she so strong? Did it have anything to do with that… that odd decrease in strength she had mentioned earlier? If she was so strong, did that mean she had been here for… for a long time? It had to mean that, he decided grimly, rubbing his arm gingerly.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized, voice low. In truth, he had probably deserved that punch for not even warning her about his attempt to test his theory out on her. But if she tried to punch him again, he would stop her. Or try to, at least, considering how weak he was now. Hitting people was rude too, but he decided not to mention that. She was already furious, and apparently threatening Zim with…

When the meaning behind her words sank in, Perrin’s face flushed crimson. “I’m sure he didn’t mean it like that,” he hastened to say, eyes flitting to Zim. Play along, his look seemed to say, but whether Zim would pick up on it was anyone’s guess. “He likely meant I was doing a poor job of… of lifting you up. I really should have warned you about doing that beforehand,” he added, still embarrassed for slipping up like that, and hoping that would get her to stop making such... odd... threats. “I was just trying to gauge my strength. Normally, I… I can lift people up with ease. But I suppose you’re right. I’m weaker now than I normally am.” Not weak enough to lift an axe, though. Which meant that he was not weak enough to lift a hammer. Luckily he was not that useless, but…

He had always been strong, ever since he had been a boy. To lose that now felt like he had lost a part of himself. It was worse than finding himself cut off from his home. “If I can’t go back home,” he began, his eyes returning to the ground, “then what am I doing here? What we’re all doing here?” Ironically, despite his fears, he wondered whether being brought here meant he could no longer speak to wolves, and could not decide if being cut off from them too was a blessing or a curse. “If this Portal X of yours rules here, what is it that he wants of us?”
    Invader Zim
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Invader Zim on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:32 pm

While the new human continued to be in a state of shock, Jo continued to try and reassure him with her words. The usually confident woman was suddenly cringing and tripping over her own words. It was curious, but not enough for Zim to really comment on. If she wanted to try and bring the man back from this state of shock, she could do that. Being suddenly called upon to agree with her did confuse the Irken however. Good? With the inferior idiots this place had to offer? Not single one of them were Irkens, therefore this place could only be tolerable at best. He shrugged his little shoulders, making an 'eh' gesture with his hands. "As long as you don't mind tiny brains, of COURSE! It is...very good." Needless to say, Zim didn't sound too convinced by his own words. The mention of others arriving from their worlds elicited his tongue poking out of his mouth disgruntled. Eh.

All of Jo's niceties seemed to vanish when Perrin unknowingly brandished his weapon. Ever the feisty human female, she told the man off and looked to be close to hissing at him. Zim's buggy eyes widened with a little bit of interest, wondering if they might just get into a fight! Axe versus fists, newbie versus veteran, wonder who would win? A slow grin stretched across his face, and the Irken even went so far as to pull out a bucket of popcorn from within his PAK. Popping a kernel or two into his mouth and crunching down eagerly, he watched as Jo became more and more steamed. For a human, this one sure seemed unaware of just how angry the females of his kind could get! Perhaps it was the shock that lead to him accidentally setting off the brunette's buttons, one by one. Either way, it was promising to be one heck of a show as Jo reacted as one might expect from being picked up by a stranger. At the punch to Perrin's shoulder, Zim chuckled mid-chew, in a truly lovely sight to behold. Thrusting a fist into his bucket and withdrawing a whole handful, he stopped in the middle of tossing it into his mouth when Jo's deadly attention suddenly shifted to the Irken himself!

"And you!"

"ME?! Zim did NOTHING to you!" He squealed back at her, indignant. Which melted rather quickly into fear and sharp disgust at the vulgar threat she tossed his way. Abruptly dropping his food and spilling popcorn all over the sidewalk, the alien let out a horrified shriek and instantly clambered his way over to Perrin, ducking behind his body with assistance from his PAK legs. "How DARE you threaten Zim with your awful udders! IRKENS DON'T EVEN DRINK MILK, FOOL!" He hissed, dark pink eyes peeking out from over Perrin's shoulders with a sharp insult brimming in them. What an awful fate, to be eternally lost in the cleavage!

Catching Perrin's look, it didn't take long for Zim to nod his head fervently. Partially because the man actually did speak the truth! "Yes, yes! I was merely bewildered!" So he was testing his strength by using Jo as a makeshift weight. Explained why doing so had allowed the truth to finally set in for him as well. Hoping that the explanation would quell the storm of Jo's anger, the little green alien eventually used his metal legs to skitter out from behind his meat shield. The question drew a snort from the Irken. "That is the REAL question, isn't it?" He commented, strangely serious despite his flippant attitude. Indeed, what were they doing there? "I believe he likes some entertainment! Though I think I know this one..." Crossing his arms over his own little chest, Zim's eyes squinted as he put on his thinking cap. A disaster a few years ago, the rise of a God with tentacles for a beard... Ah, yes! "Yes, YES! We are like living batteries!" Not an answer that would be cause for alarm, right?
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:13 pm

In true Pistonne fashion, Jo's sudden temper flare was already starting to peter off, soon replaced by embarrassment. Watching the Irken skitter for cover didn't help. She always did have her father's anger... "Eh, don't... don't worry about it," was all the mechanic could mumble, cheeks flush. Great, now she went and made a terrible impression on the newcomer. Probably his weird four-legged steed, too. Hopefully none of this resulted in some sort of backwater life-feud, or something...

"Yeah, Zim probably meant that." Which of course he didn't, but Jo had already made a clown of herself. She played along just fine and decidedly let the Irken off the hook. Don't you forget this, you little bug-eyed potsticker... She crossed both arms over her chest, blocking her lovely ladies from Zim's view, and cooled that notorious temper of hers. Gentle breaths, gentle breaths... "Everyone's weaker when they first start out. No one knows why; it just... happens," Jo shrugged. "Don't worry too much about it, though. You'll get your strength back eventually, be it from performing feats of heroism or daring, or just helping folks with their everyday needs. No one knows why that is, either." But at least it meant there was a chance, right? So not everything was all gloom and doom like it seemed. And speaking of that...

“If I can’t go back home, then what am I doing here? What we’re all doing here? If this Portal X of yours rules here, what is it that he wants of us?”

Before she could answer, Zim was the first to open his big, screechy trap.

"I believe he likes some entertainment! Though I think I know this one... Yes, YES! We are like living batteries!"

Jo could only groan, butting her forehead with the palm of her hand. "Oh brother..." Time for yet another existential crisis. "X doesn't want to use us as batteries - his father does," she clarified. Her brown eyes flitted to the man's. "Portal-X's dad, Portal-Alpha, is pretty much the antagonist here. He commands that his children, the Portals, whisk people to their gammas so he can feed and... pretty much exist, I guess. Don't ask why this is; I'm not an eldritch horror on a power trip. The only thing you need to know, is that Portal-X is a relatively good guy. A little zany, but he cares for his citizens. Like you, he's being compelled against his wishes." Anyway... She let out a quiet sigh, feeling drained just talking about all this. "Look," Jo began, composing herself. "This is... probably a lot for you to handle on your first day. I imagine you're hungry, so... would you like something to eat? My treat - y'know, for socking you in the arm." She also had her mother's generosity.
    Perrin Aybara
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Perrin Aybara on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:18 pm

Perrin could not help but stare at Jo after that explanation of hers. So, he’d get his strength back, but it would come to him bit by bit? Which meant that his earlier suspicion had been right. The longer he stayed here, and the more things he did, the stronger he would get. Until he was back to his normal level of strength, at least. But all that made absolutely no sense. He huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. Things had to make sense, burn him. If you forged a tool with no sense to it, it was wasted metal. What use was there in the Pattern making waste?

Perrin’s eyes followed Zim as he skittered away, then narrowed at his own explanation, however brief it was. “Entertainment?” he repeated, scowling. He understood that much, at least, though whatever these batteries were went completely over his head. Still, this Portal X had no right to toy with other people for sport. It made Perrin’s blood boil so, he ground his teeth together audibly. Jo just so happened to chip in then, expanding on Zim’s answer, which only made the furrow between Perrin’s eyebrows deepen and his mouth draw into a thin line.

“Hold it,” he said once she had finished, lifting a broad hand. “So you’re telling me that this Portal X doesn’t want to keep us all here, but does so because his father commands it? Because his father wants to feed on us?” Burn him! This was worse than Trollocs cooking people alive before feasting on them.

Perrin rubbed his eyes with the heels of his hands, exhaling harshly. Light send that this was just a terrible nightmare he would wake up from soon. Only he knew that was just wishful thinking. His forays into the wolf dream had taught him at least to tell the two apart. Still, when he lowered his hands to stare at Jo, all he could do was shake his head. “No, I’m not hungry.” He barked out a quick, short laugh. “I can’t possibly eat when I’m stuck in this new world with no way to get back home, can I?”
    Invader Zim
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Invader Zim on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:40 am

"Probably nothing, Zim DID mean that!" How dare she speak as if he were no longer there?! If Jo hadn't just threatened the Invader with those ghastly flesh balloons, he would have been hissing and spitting a lot more. As it was, his voice was annoyingly irate, but not nearly as screechy. Instead, the buglike alien regarded her like he might a bomb that was waiting to explode. Soon his attention shifted to the spilled popcorn, and Zim sighed deeply. "Such a waste!" And an awful shame too. While Jo provided some much needed, but very boring backstory regarding their strengths eventual return, the Irken kept himself busy by piercing the tip of his PAK leg into the scattered kernels.

Crackle, crack, chmp.

Yes, quite fun indeed! Though the fun took a pause at Zim's little answer. "Yes, entertainment!" The Josephine didn't seem quite so impressed with the little alien's dumping of such pertinent information on somebody who had barely been here for a day. Scoffing, he waved a hand in the air as if batting away an irritant. "X, his father, might as well be the same thing!" What with the Portals and all of that...Jo's thoughts on the entire matter were quite composed. Alpha, bad. X, relatively good. Such a logical answer still seemed to strike Perrin badly, as he echoed Jo's explanation. "It could be worse! We could be dead!" He chirped with a manic grin. Always look on the bright side, buff human! Pistonne offered to take the new guy out, put some food in him and make up for the fight that almost happened. The Irken raised one hand in the air and waved it to get her attention. "Ooh, ooh! Feed Zim too! Do so and I will forget the threat you made against me!" Funny, that sounded more like a command rather than a question.

“No, I’m not hungry. I can’t possibly eat when I’m stuck in this new world with no way to get back home, can I?”

"That's a good way to die," supplied the ever helpful Zim. He stared into the human's odd yellow eyes, and spoke as if he was talking to an infant. "Humans need to eat all the time! Your weak little bodies require a CONSTANT wave of sustenance! Surely, if you keep from eating the entire time you are here, you will die!" To the Irken, it was a matter of logic. Stomach needs food! Put food in! Continue breathing! He would have thought even a hyuman would understand such logic...but hey, he'd been wrong before.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 am

You know, diplomacy was sure harder than it looked. No wonder Big Z had a 'shoot first, send insincere condolences later' policy. Jo shot her little screechy PITA a heated glare. "Portal-X does not keep us around for entertainment," she refuted. "Maybe in the past, sure! But he's certainly gotten much better about his behaviour, hasn't he?" Barring the period of time where the Portal Deity got his kicks by tormenting his citizens (AKA: blew up Jo's parents right in front of her face), Portal-X had so far been rather... tame. And that was a good thing, because those were dark, dark times. Alas! The damage had already been done, for Perrin was fast at work grinding his pearly whites into calcium powder. Thanks, Zim.

Jo's bangs fluttered as she sighed.

“Hold it. So you’re telling me that this Portal X doesn’t want to keep us all here, but does so because his father commands it? Because his father wants to feed on us?”

The flat expression on her face said it all. "Do I look like an eldritch horror to you?" Sarcasm aside, not even Jo could answer the question. Craters, how could she? How could anyone? "Look, none of that really matters," she pointed out. Before a certain bug-alien could interject, Jo held a finger in front of him while still locking eyes with Perrin. "Like Zim said, we could all be dead and then what, huh? I don't like the situation either, but there's no point in griping about it. No one can leave. It's been tried many times, trust me. The best thing you can do - the best thing anyone can do - is regain your strength, rest, and think about this logically. Okay?" Good, good... that hopefully came across as pretty sensible. What's this about refusing one's appetite, though? Jo eyed the man quizzically, towering steed included. "Yeah, sure. Refuse a free meal on your first day here, aimlessly wander around for a bit, and then eventually stumble across someone from the wrong crowd. Have you been listening to us this entire time?" Constantly agreeing with Zim just can't be this healthy, and yet here Jo was. Now she was the one shaking her head.

"Look, you need to eat. This place isn't like home - pulsars, it isn't like anywhere. If you're gonna survive and make the most of it, then you need to learn how to network with Portal Breach's citizens and establish yourself." It also wouldn't hurt to be less prickly, too... "I know a great place not far from here," Jo added. "And while I can't make you join us, I think you'd be making a big mistake going at this alone and confused." She then spun around on her heels and bent at the waist, thrusting her face into Zim's. "Yes, I just said 'us'. You can come along too, but you better behave, you little potsticker! Big Z's gonna be there and he won't tolerate your bug-eyed tomfoolery, got it?"

Or Zim's ear-splitting acoustics.
    Perrin Aybara
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Perrin Aybara on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:26 pm

That small creature was awfully distracting, what with the way he kept picking at that odd food with his metallic legs. Perrin couldn’t quite grasp how some of Zim’s appendages were made out of metal and appeared long and spider-like. No metal he’d ever encountered in the smithy could be manipulated and fashioned in such a way.

But Zim’s assurances that, if things were worse they would be dead, did very little to put Perrin’s mind at ease. Which had no doubt played its part in Perrin refusing Jo’s offer to go out for food. But in truth, his stomach had twisted itself into so many knots, he doubted he could eat a bite without sicking up. There was still a part of him — a very large part, in fact — that didn’t want to believe this was happening, that this was real. Perhaps it was foolish of him, especially when he already knew this wasn’t the wolf dream, but Two Rivers people could be stubborn.

But Jo spoke sense and her scent did not waver at all throughout her explanation, despite her obvious irritation at Zim whenever she told him off. She smelled almost... sincere, perhaps. Light burn him, he must be going mad if he thought he could smell emotions! Instead, Perrin focused on Jo’s words, which he couldn’t deny were perfectly reasonable. Was it good fortune that he’d stumbled into her shortly after arriving? Coincidence? Or something more nefarious...?

Bah, if he continued acting so suspicious, he’d be no better than Benly Coplin, who’d starved himself to death for fear of being poisoned when Perrin was but a boy. Nynaeve had called it the dreads, a crippling dark suspicion of everyone and everything. No, Perrin had no intention of winding up like that, no matter what world he found himself in.

“All right,” he decided, patting Stepper’s neck as he reached for the reins. The dun stallion snorted, eyes still fixated nervously on Zim, but he calmed at his touch. “You’re right, it’s probably a good idea to take stock of the situation before I make any hasty decisions.” Even if, apparently, there had been people who had tried to find a way out of here but failed. His grip tightened around the reins, but he refused to show his anxiety.

“If there are dangerous people here I need to avoid, it’d be best to prepare myself,” he added, glancing between both Jo and Zim, though the latter... well, Perrin wouldn’t say that he was dangerous, but he was certainly stranger than most. “If you’ll teach me?” On that note, just who was this Big Z anyway, whatever that meant?
    Invader Zim
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Invader Zim on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:48 pm

"Portal-X does not keep us around for entertainment, Maybe in the past, sure! But he's certainly gotten much better about his behaviour, hasn't he?"

"The proof is in the JELLY!" The small alien hissed with a sneer. Glare all you want, human, he wasn't going to back down on this one. "I haven't seen this so-called IMPROVED behavior! I only have the past to go on!" And the two of them were very familiar with his antics of the past. Explosions, macabre visions, disembodied heads... The resident God hadn't exactly inspired much faith in the Irken, and he hadn't done enough to build up any faith in the years that passed. As far as Zim was concerned, they were all still little puppets flopping about for X to laugh at with a bowl of bacon-wrapped weenies! Oh yeah, and there was Alpha lingering around in the background just sucking on their life source like a leech. It didn't bode well, and so Perrin was well within his rights to grind those bits of bone into dust! Tis the smart response to the news of their little sham of a life.

Josephine continued to try and calm their guest down, which was admittedly something Zim also wanted to do. Not really because he cared or something, just that he liked waving about his knowledge and educating the small minded filth creatures that stumbled on this rock. Occasionally that meant sharing the more Eldritch-y parts of reality! Buggy eyes narrowed upon the sausage of a finger the woman had lobbied in his face. He was tempted to bite it, for nobody waves their finger in Zim's face to shut him up! But uh, that threat with the milky bits was still on the table. And she probably tasted like grease and pork. His green lip curled in disgust but the Irken was mercifully quiet otherwise.

At least until Jo replaced her hand with her entire face! His metallic legs scrambled for a moment, carrying him back a step or two to maintain his personal bubble. His teeth were bared at her much like a startled animal. A tick or two, and his antennae quirked upwards with interest. Us? So she was taking him along to?! Despite the little insectoid parts atop his head arching up in a glaring display of eagerness, the small alien managed to frown at Miss Pistonne all the same. A deep frown coupled with an offended sniff. "Zim can behave. I am an Irken, not some lowly human! And besides..." His grin turned wide and obnoxious, leaning inwards towards Jo. A gloved hand rose, wriggling his talons cheerily. "I have the Herka Derka man wrapped around my fingertips! We go back even further than you and him! I am not the potsticker! You are! AHAHAAA! IT IS YOOOOOUR TOMFOOLERY THAT MUST BE WATCHED!" The bug cackled wildly in her face, maniacal for...no real reason other than apparently viewing his strange friendship with Big Z as being higher up n the food chain than her own relationship with the alien. Time would tell, no?

Laughter dying down, the Irken took a deep and very audible breath before he turned back to Perrin and his donkey. The man had chosen the smart answer, which was 'accepting free food'. Giving the man a nod, he gave him a grin that was a bit too friendly. "You will go far!" Avoiding dangerous people, a very good first lesson. His mechanical legs extended upwards to better keep eye contact with the man. "Stick with me, and you'll be alive and not in a dissection tube!" Reassuring, yes?
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri May 12, 2017 6:08 am

The proof is in the what...!?

The more Jo listened to extremely grating Zim's voice, the more she began questioning his existence. It took all of her willpower to not unload on the little guy, but she did manage her best scathing squint. "Well gee, Zim, considering Portal-X hasn't again recreated soulless effigies of my parents and made them explode in a torrential downpour of guts and blood, I think that kinda - just kinda - amounts for something." Yeah, she mad - just a little bit, though. With an irate huff, Jo promptly put Zim on the backburner and instead drew the bulk of her attention on Perrin. Finally... The guy was starting to get it through that thick, scruffy mane of his. "Agreed," she smiled, calming down. "I know we've just met and all, but I hate to see something befall you and your, um..." The mechanic feebly gestured to his four-legged... creature? "Um, yeah, anyway~! I'd hate for tragedy to strike when you both just got here, so I'm really glad you're not gonna do anything rash!" It would be a shame, you know? Zim probably didn't care, but she did.

"I have the Herka Derka man wrapped around my fingertips! We go back even further than you and him! I am not the potsticker! You are! AHAHAAA! IT IS YOOOOOUR TOMFOOLERY THAT MUST BE WATCHED!"

Mmm...

She held up a finger at Perrin and quirked a brow. "Pardon me for a second," Jo mumbled. She then spun on those steel-toed boots of hers and just let Zim have it. "WRAPPED AROUND YOUR FINGERS, HUH!? I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT I'M DATING HIM, YOU BUG-EYED COCKROACH! KEEP IT UP AND YOU'RE GETTING A ONE-WAY TICKET TO THE MILKY MILK EXPRESS!" And ugh, don't mention dissection tubes, sheesh! She rolled her brown eyes and sighed, already starting to walk away. "Yeah, I'll teach you, just... follow close and try to ignore Zim's screeching." Pfft, good luck, pal. Why she bothered inviting the Irken, not even Jo herself knew. Oh well, too late now.

((Last post for me! Thanks for being so patient!))
    Perrin Aybara
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Perrin Aybara on Wed May 31, 2017 7:56 am

Perrin rested a hesitant hand against Stepper’s flank, staring at the two arguing in baffled curiosity. He couldn’t tell if they were friends or enemies, what with the way they kept going back and forth between threats and... well, it mostly sounded like threats. But surely, if they were truly enemies, Jo wouldn’t even bother extending the invitation for food to Zim too. No, it seemed to him like these two were... well, perhaps it was how they showed affection. Though it seemed like the farthest you could get from actual affection. Oh, well. Who was he to judge?

In any case, most of their phrases, expressions or otherwise kept going straight over his head. What in the world was a dissection tube supposed to be? Or a herka durka man? Or... well, most everything they said. Oh, Perrin did manage to piece together some things that made sense, at least. He wasn’t a complete fool. Such as this Portal-X apparently having enough power to recreate Jo’s parents. And make them explode. Perrin paled at that, covering his mouth with a hand to keep his stomach from getting any ideas. Blood and ashes, who did something like that? Even if they had the power to? He was starting to think Zim was more right than Jo was on this matter, but he decided to keep that to himself for the time being.

After all, if he was stuck here and there were dangerous people running around without rhyme or reason, it would be best if he kept his head low. Though his large size often meant that people tended to stare at him, he did not talk much unless he had something to say. The things some people said in front of him, just because he was quiet! Yes, that seemed like the best thing to do for now. Stay quiet and listen.

So he tugged on Stepper’s reins, falling into step behind Jo. “I’ll try,” he said, before glancing over his shoulder at Zim. “But I’m afraid I’m not doing my ears any favors if he keeps it up,” he added dryly.

THE END

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:20 pm