Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Dance Magic Dance

Post by K.A.R.R. on Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:40 am

"Indeed." KARR agreed, all too familiar with what Knockout spoke of. The digitized memory of driving down the road with Tony pointing a gun at his dashboard came to his processors. However, a new world was not enough of an excuse to the two-toned vehicle. Already in his brief stay on Earth he had learned plenty to not repeat any foolish mistakes... Or so he had liked to believe.

"Technically, he is. Fear's body possesses no biological signs of life and Fear himself is nothing more than a spirit." The AI replied, a dry methodical response to Knockout's observation. "...But he is not dead in the way you mean. His goals and therein his necessities have changed, Fear has found himself a family. He no longer has a use for my capabilities... Not that I care of course, there are better things I could do than make grocery runs and sit in a garage all day." KARR supposed the shambling, living corpse would have taken the initiative to seek him out by now if he did have anything that required his particular talents.

He had worked with Fear long enough to know that if the retired lawman wanted to find him, he could do so easily with a meager thought alone. So, as logic dictated, if Fear was not searching for him, likely he did not need him for anything. Such was the case for the entirety of the past year. It left KARR with a massive stretch of free time. Free time for thinking, for driving, and for cruising to the drive-in to absorb cinematic features with Knockout. This was admittedly not exactly what the AI had seen for himself when he was initially seeking freedom, but all the same he was not sure what to do after having attained complete personal freedom. Maybe this was all that distant horizon had to offer after all.

If so, he supposed it could be far worse.

"I would vouch for Fear knowing what he is talking about more than Mortis." KARR opined, "All that sheep-headed fool did was stay in the basement with his chemical lab and demand for me to haul him to the library on the days when he was not making a jackass of himself. He never called me by my name either." An electronic huff crackled from the AI's voice projectors. "The Vehicle", he called him, "Machine", "Robot", he used any and every moniker that he could think of to get around having to acknowledge him as a productive member of their short-lived team instead of a tool. Now that he considered it, he had not seen a single sign of Judge Mortis after he had stormed off the night he had first visited Knockout's establishment.

For the best, he eagerly concluded. Good riddance to that fool and the troubles that followed him.

KARR's processors just as readily canceled out that train of thought, preferring to keep his attention divided between the movie and the bright red mech that sat next to him. He watched as his posture turned from "poker face" to "dramatically defeated". If the entire movie was hooked on David Bowie being an owl however, it did not sound like this Labyrinth was all that great of a cinema masterpiece or warranting of the following it had. Though, even with the AI being confident in his deduction, perhaps it would not hurt to watch and see just how right he was. "I do not know what a "Sherlock Holmes" is, but I am equipped with hardware and software to read facial expressions and deduce when someone is telling the truth or lying. It is difficult and ill advised for anyone to attempt to fool me." The AI smugly replied, "...Even you, Knockout."

Of course, there were obvious exceptions to that rule, but KARR was not going to let the ex-medic know that.

Knockout quirked an eyebrow, and the AI quickly processed that he might have just opened up a massive, over-dramatic can of worms. Or at least it was very close to it. Soap-Operas, as Knockout knew them, tended to be over-dramatic, over-the-top, and over the reach of KARR's processors. "I would like to watch one with you, when you have the time." The AI responded after a moment to think it over. If not to grasp what Knockout meant with his explanation, then he wanted to watch one to know why the medic was so fascinated with these Soap-Operas.

His attention directed itself back to the screen, and the more Sarah was on screen, the AI could not help but find himself perplexed at the girl's logic- or lack of it. How could the baby have stolen her toy bear? It could barely keep its own body from falling over, much less totter over into her room and climb a tall shelf. "The girl is insane." KARR commented quietly, both confused and deeply intrigued as she began to regale her wailing little brother with the tale of the Goblin King. Probably far more than the baby, who probably was unable to know a single damn word she was saying.

Evidently this King had a fondness of taking babies away from people who were tired of looking after them, so long as the person was to his liking. Although it raised a particularly profound question... What did the Goblin King do with all those babies?

The scene cut to fill the screen with strange misshapen bodies and faces. Were these the goblins? They looked vaguely human, and certainly tangible enough to seem real, but there was a certain uncanny valley valley effect about them. The way the one goblin flapped his mouth out of sync with the words made him consider he may not be entirely real and alive, but since it was a projection on the screen, and the goblin was not right in front of him in person to scan, it was difficult to deduce what exactly it was.

Being fully aware he was sitting next to a futuristic transforming robot, a ghost sitting near the front, and his previous driver was a shambling living corpse did not help matters either.

"...Are those real?" KARR asked, genuinely unsure of what exactly his optics were picking up.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:17 am

In response, the mech seemed to sputter in light-hearted annoyance. "You know what I mean!" And KARR only proved that point as he continued to speak! That car, slightly anal when it came to certain facts. Knock Out couldn't find it in him to really be upset about it though, it was actually a little amusing. Even more so when the Trans Am admitted that the retired Judge had no use for his abilities. "Better things, like watching movies with me?" He grinned. If only the other KARR possessed a shoulder, he'd nudge it with his own to brighten his mood. Despite the AI's words to the contrary, he obviously felt a little left out. No need for him to just be alone all the time, of course! The Drive-In was always open to him.

Regarding the two Judges and their wisdom, Knock Out hummed to himself then gave an easy shrug. "You'd know more than me. My interactions with Mortis have been more...antagonistic. As you probably remember from Halloween last year..." A shame that he seemed to dub KARR unfitting of being called by his name. A pompous huff followed the Trans Am's own, and the mech shook his helm wearily. "Well, maybe he just hates intelligent beings like us! Perhaps it makes him feel dumb." He suggested, the grin on his face a little more reminiscent of his time spent with Decepticons. Definitely a rude thing to say, but Knock Out couldn't find it in him too much to care right now. Huffing again, he smirked and gestured to the other car. "See, you might not know much about Sherlock but you just described him! He is a fictional human character, a detective. He's so smart, he solves mysteries and cases by deducing little things from the people around him and the environment." An interesting character, for sure. "As for me tricking you...I'll just have to try harder~!" Had to keep KARR on his...nonexistence toes!

"Mm, sounds good! I'll have to look for a good one..." Though 'good' was very relative when it came to Soap Operas. Silence settled between them as the movie continued, building up the tension between Sarah and her little brother. At the teenager's behavior, the AI commented that she must have been insane. It drew a small chuckle from the former medic. "Ah, she's just a hormonal teenager. Most of them seem to act that way!" Pushy, selfish, thinking the world revolved around them...granted, Knock Out hadn't exactly spent much time with the Autobot's human pets but he was satisfied to think they were no different. Especially the girl. And then, KARR said something that made Knock Out turn to him with a confused look upon his face. "Real? Of course! They are in some other world and Sarah is unintentionally calling upon them--oh! Wait! Do you mean...real real?" The mech really had to force himself not to laugh, a wide grin on his face plates instead. So Mr. Smart Car had never seen puppets before! And what was that about KARR being too smart for him to trick...? Still smiling, he clapped his servoes together lightly. "Good catch, KARR! Most people think these are fake, but not you. The filmmakers found real goblins and paid them in peanuts to show up! Give it that much more realism, you know." Appealing to the other's ego would no doubt cinch this little trick!

According to Sarah's little story, the proper words were needed for them to take away the baby. The previously sleeping mound of goblins were now suddenly all too awake, every last one peering at the audience with open mounts and slightly glowing eyes. Despite the girl's obvious need to be free of the baby, the young woman in Sarah's story refused. She knew that his fate would be a very sad one, locked in the King of Goblin's castle and eventually turned into a goblin himself! One day however, it was simply too much. After a long day of cleaning the house, and harsh words from her stepmother, the young woman was at her wit's end! Sarah paused in her story though, to pick up her little brother who had been bawling his lungs out throughout the little tale. Still rather impatient with the baby, the teenager never the less bounced him in her arms even as she begged him to stop crying. She even contemplated using 'the words', although she admonished herself that she simply mustn't.

Again, those goblins appeared for only a few seconds. They gasped and growled, as if they were urging Sarah to say those words after all! "I wish...I wish..." She began, staring her little brother in the eyes. The goblins became even more excited, though perhaps a bit too excited as they hushed each other. The very first goblin again urged them to listen, listening for those words. "I can bear it no longer!" Holding the baby up towards the ceiling in her arms, Sarah's voice became firm and resolute as the thunder continued to crack outside her window. "Goblin King, Goblin King! Wherever you may be, take this child of mine far away from me!" Surprisingly, the goblins all sagged with disappointment. Apparently, those were not the right words! They seemed to become impatient, urging her on like an audience viewing a movie. The real words were far simpler, less dramatic. Those goblins continued to wait with baited breath as Sarah mumbled a few more 'I wish's before she laid her brother into bed. She covered him up with a blanket and seemed to be leaving, only to turn back right before the door and speak her spiteful words.

"I wish the goblins would come and take you away. Right now." Flicking off the lights in his room, Sarah stepped out into only to pause; her brother's irksome crying had stopped all too quick to be normal. Almost the very moment she stepped out of the room, it had stopped! Stepping back into the room carefully, the switch on the wall refused to work, leaving the room covered in darkness. Sarah called out for her brother as she stepped closer to the crib, and the only answer she got was a guttural sort of laughter, and something flailing about underneath the blanket. She approached slowly, and pulled back the covers to reveal...an empty bed! Absolutely nobody inside! That same owl appeared in the window, fluttering against the glass as the lightning illuminated it. Startled, her attention was set on the owl and she missed some dark, short figure creeping around the room. Make that several short figures, all of them beginning to swarm and creep around her room. It left the young girl spinning about, trying to focus on all of them. The windows burst open with a sudden gust of wind, through them back and letting the owl finally fly into the room!

Sarah shielded her face and the transformation was shown only in shadow. She peeked between her arms to behold a grown man standing before her, the curtains billowing around him along with a dark sort of cape that hung from his shoulders. With large poofy hair befitting of the 80's, and make up that made his eyes quite striking, he was a sight to behold. Almost otherworldly. Recognizing him immediately, Sarah pleaded for the return of her brother. The King's rebuttal was soft, but concrete; what's said is said. When she insisted that she hadn't meant it, he almost seemed to tease her. His voice had a slight accent and was quite melodious with such a soft tone. "Sarah...go back to your room. Play with your toys and your costumes. Forget about the baby."

"I can't." Such simple words that meant so much. For all of her complaining and fussing at the child, now that she was gone she couldn't bear to leave him to his fate. As if deciding to change his approach, the Goblin King offered to her a round ball. A crystal, as he called it one he summoned in his fingertips. One that would show her her dreams. As he spoke, he began to balance it and juggle it between his hands and along his forearms in fluid motions that were quite surreal. Such a wonderful gift was meant for someone who didn't have to care for a screaming baby, and he pushed for her to accept it, and forget the baby. Sarah refused again, insisting that she appreciated what he was doing for her but that her baby brother must have been terrified, wherever he was! In an instant the crystal transformed into a snake that coiled between his fingers. The King urged her not to defy him, and tossed the snake upon her. It briefly coiled around her neck until she managed to grasp it, at which point the snake seemed to dissolve into a colorful scarf. She dropped it to the floor, and a little goblin poked out of the lovely fabric. The hidden goblins in the room poked out of their hiding places to laugh, only to retreat when she turned back to look at them. Despite being outmatched by a powerful Goblin King, Sarah remained stubborn. Pointing out the window, the King informed her that the baby was within her castle.

Running to the window to see, Sarah stared out at a landscape that was very striking from the suburban home that was supposed to be there. Orange as if it were in a desert, a length labyrinth surrounded a castle that was situated at the very top of a mountain. Showing her the daunting hiding place, the King questioned if she still wanted to find the baby. As she turned to ask him about the castle, it seems that the Goblin King had saved her the trouble of walking and teleported them both to the land. There was no sign of her house. He urged her to turn back, only for her to insist that it really wasn't that far. He insisted that it was further than she thought, and informed her that she did not have a lot of time on her hands. The labyrinth revealed itself to be even longer than it seemed before, a long and terribly twisted path before her. Gesturing to a nearby clock, the King gave her thirteen hours to find her brother within the castle before he turned into a goblin forever. The convenient clock and the dashing man both disappeared into thin air gradually, his voice echoing and getting faint as he did. Sarah continued to stare at the lengthy maze, insisting to herself that it wouldn't be too hard. Urging her feet onward, the teenager began her magical journey.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:47 pm

If KARR had the ability to smile, likely Knockout would have caught a glimpse of a smug little grin on his bumper, or wherever was acceptable for a car to grin. For now the row of fog lights that stretched across the bottom of his front bumper would have to suffice, with how they spread themselves like a sneering, glistening smile of glass.

"I suppose." KARR replied, "It merely seems a waste, to have the capabilities I have and nothing to really... point them at. Our little partnership gave me purpose, for the brief time it lasted." The AI sounded a little wistful as he said it.

KARR was a rolling armory, as Fear had put it. If he wished, the AI could have made it rain fire and molten shrapnel, he could set the world ablaze and tear down vital infrastructures like a child toppled a stack of toy blocks. He knew he could, he was engineered to be a nigh unstoppable force, superior. Yet, the AI had no real reason to do so. All of his destructive behavior initially had been set on FLAG, then on whatever Fear pointed him at, and now... nothing. An optic briefly flicked from the screen and down to the row of picnic tables at the front of the drive-in.

Well, maybe Nyreena.

His attention returned itself to the movie, his audio receptors picking up on the cybertronian's speech. Oh yes, the AI remembered that fateful Halloween with crystal clarity, just as his databanks were made to do. The only time that creature's stupid grinning snout was not spouting something acerbic or patronizing was when he was around his brother. He could not shrug, but KARR certainly vocalized his disinterest in the sheep-skulled undead.

"Indeed, I have yet to see him make any intelligent decisions on his own." KARR agreed.

Speaking of intelligence, it appeared the two-toned Trans-Am had just unwittingly described the fictional detective. He was smart, could deduce clues from his environment- including minuscule details, and solved mysteries. So being called a robotic Sherlock Holmes was more of a compliment on his perception skills.

"I see now, his skills and mine are similar in their effectiveness... But I doubt Sherlock Holmes was ever as sleek or handsome as I." He added, and the AI's canned voice certainly did not refuse a bit of self-embellishment either.

But honestly, who could refuse a machine with such sleek lines and a dashing black and silver paint job? There were nearly three or four occurrences that supported otherwise, and for the moment, Knockout seemed like a fifth. Unseen optics registered the smirk that had been spread across the ex-medic's face, along with the challenge to try harder at tricking him.

"Challenge accepted." KARR nearly purred, a smile evident in his voice. It was not often that someone actually went out of their way to try tricking him as a challenge of skill. "Feel free to call me when you find one you want to show me. If you do not want to show it here, I am certain the warehouse has enough free outlets to accommodate a small screen."

So far it had not poofed out from under him while he was recharging, so there was no risk of it disappearing anytime soon.

Just like there was a very slim risk of Sarah's strange attitude disappearing anytime soon either. Evidently many of these teens act the way that this Sarah did. The AI made a disgusted sound, he hoped he never found himself anywhere near a teenager if they were all this dramatic and ridiculous. Of course, KARR never stopped to consider he behaved in any way that was similar to the teenager on the screen. An optic caught Knockout's confused expression, and he listened to him. Real-real, he said...

"Of course I mean real real." KARR affirmed, the computer's tone sounding serious in the face of the ex-medic's attempts to not giggle. What was so funny about his question?

"Good catch, KARR! Most people think these are fake, but not you. The filmmakers found real goblins and paid them in peanuts to show up! Give it that much more realism, you know."

Real goblins? The AI being unable to scan the puppets themselves, there was no other alternative than to trust Knockout. Especially since his smile could have been because no one else had realized that the goblins in the movie were indeed real. The expression and his tone was just enough to slip past his lie detectors, which could not detect much of anything since the ex-medic was also a form of machine. Couple that with his lack of movie-magic experience and KARR was doomed.

"Interesting, I wonder where they found the goblins..." He replied, genuinely interested as he watched the stiff lipped creatures blab on the screen.

Much like a monkey with a typewriter, soon enough Sarah managed to accidentally string together the words to summon the Goblin King. In through the window flew in none other than the owl from the beginning title sequence! He knew it, the owl was a crucial part of the story all along. In fact it turned into... A man with very messy hair and very colorful eyes, plus an outfit that left little to nothing to the imagination. Was this the David Bowie? He certainly looked a lot like some of the costumes that a few of the patrons were wearing before the movie started.

If so, the man was just as strange as he was... well, strange.

No more strange than the girl who was now begging for her baby brother back after she had just wished him to go away, however. The two went back and forth for a while; 'give me back my brother' the girl said, 'no' the Goblin King essentially kept returning. It ended as one would expect from a messy haired man who turned into a bird: By throwing a snake-scarf-goblin at her, after offering the aforementioned riddle that was both an animal and an experience as a crystal ball.

Granted, the AI was not all that impressed with the gift either. How was that supposed to replace a human infant? Did it scream while it sat and did nothing too? Could it turn into a baby convincing enough to fool the Step-Mother when she inevitably came back to take care of it?

None of these questions would ever be answered, as the king had transported the girl to the entrance of a labyrinth. The baby was in the castle, which was in the middle of the massive maze- which she only had less than a full day to traverse in order to retrieve her baby brother. After that he would be turned into... A goblin?!

So that was where all the babies went! Immediately the AI's question regarding where they found all the goblins became far more morbid than he initially intended. While he was trying to wrap his processors around that conundrum, he found himself sucked completely into the flick. Would Sarah be able to get her brother before he turned into a goblin? He personally hoped not, if only to see the teen get her comeuppance for tempting the fates that be.

The only way to know was to keep watching...
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:49 pm

Getting more and more excited at the first big moment of the movie getting closer and closer Nyreena's face began to show a slight smile that continued to grow as the time grew steadily nearer. You could pretty much tell by that look that she had this scene pretty much memorized by how much her smile continued to grow. Keeping her gaze fixed on the screen she watched Sarah as she told the next part of the story saying that the proper words were needed to summon the Goblin King to take the baby brother away and leave her in peace. By then the group of goblins were all awake and watching intensely, waiting for the words to be spoken. And though the young woman in the story longed to be finally free she strangely refused to speak the words, knowing that the fate for the one being taken away was to be turned into a goblin in a short period of time. Then came the day when things went just too far with the overload of chores and the harsh treatment from the stepmother and the young woman couldn't take it any longer.

It was at that point that Sarah picked up Toby into her arms as he continued to cry his eyes out and bounced him a bit to try to calm him down and continued to get irritated by his bawling. By then she contemplated using the words herself which got the goblins' hopes up and they gasped when they saw her start to say the first two words twice in a row, then got even more excited to the point that a few had to shush each other to hear better then the front one telling them all to be quiet and that she was going to say the words. Holding Toby up Sarah called out that she could bear it no longer and said a rhyme for the Goblin King to take the baby far away from her. Apparently those were the wrong words as the goblins sighed in frustration and one asking where she came up with that rubbish and that it didn't even start with "I wish". The group settling down they watched as Sarah got even more irritated and told Toby to stop then wished that she knew what to say to take him away and the same goblin from before said the correct words in an irritated tone of his own and growled a bit. Repeating the words "I wish" a couple more times she got fed up and put Toby back to bed, heading to the door and turning around saying the right words this time as she turned out the lights and left the room.

And just like that things got crazy. The moment she spoke her wish Toby's crying ceased immediately making Sarah stop in her tracks and look back in concern. Stepping back into the room and trying to to turn the lights back on and finding that they weren't working and making her even more nervous than before. Calling out for her brother she approached the crib a strange laugh could be heard in response as well as seeing something moving underneath Toby's blanket. Reaching over the crib she pulled it back and saw that there was no one there. At that moment of clap of thunder and a flash of lightning came about as well as the view of the owl at the beginning of the movie trying to break into the window making Sarah gasp in shock and look towards the window. As she was being distracted several goblin-like figures popped up all around the room with their sneaky laughter making Sarah whirl around trying to see where they were coming from. Both the goblins and the owl trying to get her attention for a few more moments the window finally broke open letting the owl fly in then around her head making Sarah hold up her arms to block her face and a few moments later the shadow of a man appeared in front of the window and when Sarah looked over her arms to see who it was she instantly recognized who it was. It was none other than the Goblin King himself. And pretty much at that point Nyreena's smile was from ear to ear. If there was one thing she really loved about this movie besides Bowie's portrayal of the King it was his costumes (not specifically of the fact of a...certain aspect they show) that made him look like he was a Goblin King.

As soon as she told him that he was the Goblin King Sarah immediately pleaded to get her brother back and crossing his arms the King told her that what was said was said with a bit of a smirk on his face. Telling him that she didn't mean it with a few tears starting to brim underneath her eyes the King almost seemed to not believe her and asking where her brother was the King told Sarah that she knew where he was. Getting even more worried for her brother Sarah pleaded again to have her brother back and watching the King step toward her and tell her to back to her room and play with her toys and her costumes and to forget about the baby in that sultry voice Nyreena sighed dreamily and loved that part of the scene even more. Knowing that there was no way that she could Sarah replied that she couldn't it made the King seem to change his approached and he produced a round crystal ball (to which she figured out later on that it was one of those crazy acrobatic balls that you could tricks with) and said that it was a gift that he brought for her, answering her question of what it was that it was a crystal and if she turned it a certain way and looked into it would show her her dream. However it wasn't a gift for a girl who watched over a screaming baby and asking her if she wanted it, pushing her in a way to forget the baby, Sarah refused saying that though she appreciated what he was doing for her but she wanted Toby back adding that he must be so scared where he was.

Seeing that she was harder to break the King held up the crystal and used his magic to turn it into a snake coiled around his fingers and holding it in both of his hands he told Sarah not to defy him then threw the snake at her, the reptile quickly coiling around her neck for a split second before transforming into a scarf made from a decorated fabric the moment she grabbed it. Pulling it off of her she threw it to the ground and the moment it landed a goblin popped up from underneath it letting out an exasperated laugh as it ran off. Seeing that the other goblins popped out of their hiding places in the room and laughed as well, making Sarah turn to see them just as they disappeared once again. Having a confident air about him the King told her that she was no match for him Sarah remained adamant and stubborn telling him that she had to have her brother back. Figuring that he had no other choice the King took it in strides and showed her to the window telling her that her brother was in his castle, at the same time the entire outside world had changed to that of the Goblin King's land where the labyrinth was located. Running to the window Sarah was surprised to see it and the King asking her if she still wished to find the baby she turned to ask if that was the castle in the center of the labyrinth the King told her to turn back before it was too late. Telling him once again that she couldn't and asking him to understand the King that it was a pity and looking back Sarah mentioned that it didn't look that far and walking up behind her the King told her that it was farther than what she thought it was and that time was short. Directing her over to a clock with thirteen numbers on it he told her that she had thirteen hours to solve the labyrinth before Toby became one of the goblins forever, he and the clock disappearing into thin air at the same time.

Unable to believe that Sarah looked around and figuring for a second time that the labyrinth didn't look that hard she urged her feet onward towards it. As she was watching with a building excitement Nyreena knew what was coming up next and was ready to see the interaction between Sarah and the next character to make his appearance. Figuring from before she knew that she was going to love watching this movie all over again.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:34 am

KARR was certainly more driven than himself, the Cybertronian would give him that. Not to say that Knock Out was a lazy mech, just that he had been roped into a war for the past several Stellar Cycles and would love nothing better than to kick up his pedes and spend his days doing whatever it was he wished to do. Sure, having an enemy to disassemble would be nice, but relaxation felt so great! Obviously, the same couldn't be said for the Trans Am. "Maybe you could be hired muscle? There's gotta be somebody out there, willing to hire a death machine to do some killing for them!" He suggested with a light shrug. A bark of laughter tore its way out of his throat, before the mech covered his mouth with a servo to muffle it. "All of his brain matter must have leaked out of his empty skull!" Knock Out jeered, with all the maturity of a high school jock. Amazing how somebody who was effectively just a car could consider himself sleek and handsome...yet could Knock Out really counter his statement? Shiny paint, a good make and model. A metallic brow rose at the AI's little ego stroking and tilted his helm forward. "Ah yes, you are almost as handsome as me." No matter how good the Trans Am was, it was the Cybertronian medic who came out on top when it came to being attractive!

"Hm, hm, hm~!" A smooth chuckle rumbled out, smug and self-assured of how he'd probably succeed in tricking KARR at some point. He couldn't have predicted it would happen so soon! As for the soap opera, the mech smiled lightly. "I'd like to visit your warehouse! It'd make for a more private viewing for just the two of us." He'd have to find one of the shorter soap operas to show the Trans Am. Some of those things ran far too long to be enjoyable... As KARR's attention eventually turned back to the screen, Knock Out continued to watch the car as if he could find any facial features to give away his thoughts. Had he been suckered in and tricked? There was no way to tell physically but the AI's little question said it all! This was far too good. Was this what parents felt like when they tricked children into believing in Santa Claus? Too good, just amazing. Turning back to the screen, he forced down any laughs deep into his throat. "Most goblins reside under bridges!" Now the question was, how long to keep up this charade? He didn't wanna wind up like Sarah! As the young girl began to undergo her journey, their conversation slowed to a crawl. Aside from a few comments no doubt shared about certain events that would happen during the movie, of course.

After retrieving her brother and winning against the Goblin King, Sarah was back in her normal bedroom. The whole ordeal had been completed before her parents came home, as they called to their daughter as they came in. The teenager was rather distracted however, not helped by her friends appearing in the mirror to say their good byes and give parting words. She admitted that she would need them throughout her life, and those seemed to be the words that were key for setting something off! In the blink of an eye, all of Sarah's puppet friends had filled the room, happy and joyful as Sarah ran to them and hugged them. A gleeful time was had as outside, a certain owl watched from a tree limb before taking off and flying to the screen, setting off the ending credits. As the same song from the opening credits played and words began to scroll, Knock Out stood and stretched, shaking out his limbs. He turned to KARR, a grin on his faceplates. Wonder if he still believed in his little lie...? "So what did you think? Understand the fascination with David Bowie now?" Even the mech had to admit that the voice was rather catching.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:36 pm

Hired muscle? Although the Trans-Am was installed with a plethora of particularly devastating and destructive weaponry, being the brainless brute strength was not exactly his interest. Even so... Death Machine has been all that he had ever did since his reactivation. Whether it was helping Tony and The Rev with their heists, plotting KITT and Michael's demise, and his most recent line of work in aiding the now ex-Dark Judges in their extermination of all life; KARR seemed destined to stay on the path he had been set upon. After all, it was not like he knew much of anything else except for brief insights as an outsider to the goings on of other automatons.

However, maybe there would be something worthwhile in simply pretending to be the brainless muscle. It would not be the first time he fooled someone into thinking he was simply a fancier version of the average car.

After regarding the offered idea, KARR replied thoughtfully, as if mulling it over; "Maybe so, I might have a better chance with it than looking for a race to participate in. I suppose this is something that would require a personal ad."

He could print something out fairly easily.

A bark of laughter caught in his audio receptors, and the AI found Knockout trying his best to hold in his laughter regarding the state of Mortis' intelligence, or lack thereof. Indeed, all of his brain matter must have leaked out of his skull, with the state of decay that he was in, he was long since past the stage of neurological deterioration. When one died, the brain was the very first thing that started to decay, it was a medical fact! But as for him being less handsome than Knockout...

"Perhaps we can agree to disagree." KARR replied.

Beauty was a subjective thing on its own, and given the both of them had very different ideas on who was more handsome likely they would be here all night debating it. In KARR's opinion, there were better things to do.

...But he was still handsomer.

Then, it happened again. Knockout was chuckling, and it once again it followed his inquiry regarding the goblins. What was so amusing about asking if they were real? He did not have much time to linger upon that detail as the ex-medic agreed that the warehouse would be perfect for viewing a soap opera. A private viewing between the two of them sounded ideal as well, given that the Drive-In, while fine for viewing movies- would be less than ideal for their little dive into exploring the world of soap dramas. Likely the usual crowd would get irritated if they found the shows projected on the screen instead of an advertised movie. KARR figured he might be one of the irritated parties if someone arrived to spoil the show.

"Good. since you will be picking out the soap opera, I will leave it to you to decide on a date to come visit." KARR offered, "I would prefer you to have all the time necessary to find a suitable example."

Alas, while KARR's automobile form was devoid of any means of showing physical emotion, his voice was expressive enough to compensate. Knockout would find he was indeed correct that his two-toned movie watching buddy had been successfully suckered in to thinking that the goblins on screen were indeed real. Or at the very least, he thought the goblins as of currently were real. As he kept watching, perhaps the facade would remain, or perhaps he would finally see past the mirage and into the special effect's uncanny valley.

"I see. There is a bridge I pass under on the way here from the city, I never thought to give it any further consideration until now." KARR replied, sounding completely enthralled in the idea.

Enjoy it while it lasts, Knockout.

Knockout would find that his movie buddy was not completely silent during the film. Every so often KARR would make a comment about the absurdity of some of the scenes, including an incredible faux pas during the "Dance Magic Dance" number. Who threw babies ten feet into the air?! But others he seemed to enjoy, like the time that Sarah and Hoggle were running away from the death machine that spontaneously appeared from one of David Bowie's crystal balls. In fact, any and every time it looked as if Sarah would meet her end was a joy to the AI.

Though the part that took the metaphorical cake was that strange Escher-esque scene. His facial scanners could identify anyone within a criminal database, but they also could discern a person's age. David Bowie, a man in his thirties, had no business offering his servitude to a teenager. Especially in return for fear. But given what he overheard in a few of the surrounding cars and vans... It was apparently not a universally shared opinion.

As the movie came to a close and the AI had watched the entire flick in full, goblins, David Bowie's uncupped junk, and strange musical numbers in all, it left him with plenty to process. But throughout the movie, the computer found himself focusing on the goblins. Since he noticed Knockout sniggering at him regarding the wrinkly creatures and whether or not they were real, the AI decided to do as this 'Sherlock Holmes" fellow did, and look a little deeper into the matter.

Then, he started to notice little details in the picture.

His refined optics picked up pull strings, odd seams, and the fact that the inside of their mouths ended in some sort of rubbery wall instead of forming a glottis and throat. But that was only the tip of the iceberg regarding a plethora of strange bits and pieces that turned up on the movie. They were not real at all, these creatures were simply impostors of living organisms! Oh, his pride! This was turning into the time with that damn Ringmaster all over again! Only instead of there being a hollow fast food drive-in speaker, it was with these strange goblins. And Knockout had told him they were real and actually existed, he even gave a vague definition of their usual habitats.

Once the party with the "goblins" faded to the line of rolling credits, KARR turned his attention to Knockout, who stood to his feet and started to stretch and flex the inactivity out of his joints.

What did KARR think of the movie, he asked... "David Bowie is overrated," the AI opined, his scanners well aware of that grin; more than likely it had nothing to do with David Bowie. "And I have a strong inclination to believe you lied to me about the goblins."

The jig is up, Knockout! What will the ruby mech do now?

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:46 am