Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Re: Dance Magic Dance

Post by K.A.R.R. on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:44 pm

Alas, not as juicy as KARR thought was going on at all. Though he did share Knockout's curiosity as to why she opted to remain at the theater despite knowing the two-toned Trans-Am was there, and in plain view. The red mech gave a few possible ideas, though only one seemed to fit her attitude the best.

< Indeed, I would have sooner expected her to find a reason to leave after noticing me. Perhaps she believes that after all this time that I would forget about her and not notice. Or maybe she simply has grown foolishly bold and thinks she can evade me. > KARR hypothesized, the light of his amber scanner pacing slowly, thoughtfully in the dark where he sat parked. After all, in the AI's experience, a promise was not so important as to risk one's life over it. Or perhaps unlife, in Nyreena's case. But, selfish is as selfish does, for if he were placed in the same situation, he would have backed out as well.

Self Preservation was a great directive to put into anything one wanted to keep undamaged, but a poor coding choice for valor.

But, KARR preferred to keep attention on his more alluring qualities. The two toned AI observed the ghostly woman a moment longer on one of his optical arrays, the others monitoring the drive-in and Knockout as he got his drink. < Less than savory is a way of saying it. My driver and I were involved in a number of confrontations with her ex-boyfriend, Jak Mar, and Daemeon. When it came to its final conclusion, she decided to try and meddle. > Though as for his luck with the undead, the AI pondered over his admittedly short history with them. < At one out of the three undeads I have had the opportunity to know being beneficial, I find you are statistically correct. > He replied, mildly surprised. Mainly because he had not considered his 'luck' with them before.

Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:12 pm

So, the choices were either Nyreena hoped KARR would forget, or she had grown quite bold. < Each option sounds pretty plausible... I suppose there's also a chance that she might not have even recognized you. I'd say only that yellow light makes you different from any other Trans Am. > And from the angle the ghost was sitting, who knew if she could even see it? The mech figured he was rather out of touch with whatever this situation between them was, so his guess was as good as KARR's. Knock Out also didn't know Nyreena well enough to decide if she was the bold type or not!

Aside from a wave to the employees and customers yet again, Knock Out wasted no time in stepping out of the building. Sand crunched beneath his pedes as the crimson made a beeline for the Trans Am. Nods of greeting were exchanged with those he made optic contact with. His thoughts were a little preoccupied as KARR expanded on the subject. His bright optics briefly fluttered with recognition. < Ah! I remember that! Feels like it was many stellar cycles ago... I still regret that I was unable to lead Jak out to the Judges like I had planned. That was when he had faked his death and all of that. > Knock Out's vents let out an audible chuff, though whether it was exasperation or amusement, he wasn't quite sure. That had certain been a cluster. < That pretty much explains it, or at least provides a groundwork for the situation. > Certain details were missing, but with that context? It was sort of obvious. < As long as you two keep my Drive-In out of it, I don't really care about this...grudge thing. None of my business. > Especially since the mech's attempt to include himself in that fiasco hadn't gone far.

Reaching the point where he could speak out loud to KARR, a deep chuckle sounded from the crimson mech. "My record with undead people isn't much better. One named Death walked into the road. I hit him, and he insisted it was my fault!" Primus, talking with that thing had been the biggest processor-ache he had ever had! A light came from the front of the concession building, beaming upon the large white screen. Speakers suddenly awoke with eerie music and a loud THUMP. The screen came to light with some...rather trippy opening credits. Glancing over a shoulder to see the movie was starting, Knock Out quickened his pace until he was ready to sit in the place KARR had saved. Once KARR backed out of the way, of course. "Thanks for saving me a place!" Music that was definitely the kind from the 80's played as a CGI owl flew around the names. Once a voice began to sing, the former medic turned to KARR with a light smirk. "That's David Bowie singing." Just a little preview for the movie.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:31 pm

Well in all Nyreena was just not expecting KARR to show up whatsoever. And plus the fact that she sort of....forgot about what happened between her and the Trans Am during their final confrontation so it was a bit of a big surprise to her. Continuing to patiently wait for Labyrinth to start what she could remember from the whole experience started to play before her eyes, making her feel the regret and guilt of falling into something that she had no business of being a part of whatsoever and should have just left alone in the first place. Knowing that she couldn't be feeling this way while during the show she cleared her mind and got herself refocused once again just in time for the light to appear on the big screen signaling the start of the show.

Knowing how the movie went by heart Nyreena watched with a happy smile as the CGI image of the crystal ball familiar throughout the movie appeared while the first song started to play. Once the ball had zoomed away to let Jareth's owl form appear to fly through the CGI walls of a labyrinth Bowie started to sing the opening theme version of Undergound to which she started to lightly sway her foot to and fro with, enjoying the lyrics that were being sang by the legend himself.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:11 pm

Indeed, other than his scanner, KARR was rather hard to pick out of a crowd. At least unless someone was actively looking for him. Sleek lines and dark, glossy paint were a favorite among many a driver. < That is also a logical possibility. But there are many ways I am different from other Trans-Am's Knockout. > He replied, though quickly grew more smug regarding how he was different. Oh, Knockout, if only he knew. Well, granted he should still have his owner's manual upon his person, the medic could read all about it himself. Though the AI figured likely it was either misplaced during his placement into storage, or destroyed during his two-year stay in salt water.

his optics picked up on the ex-medic striding his way, greeting the customers in passing left and right. For the AI, he would have considered putting on a smile for the humans as a job to be deplorable. But then again, Knockout was the type to like such mingling. Then again, given it was likely for the sake of acquiring a nice profit, he supposed it was no different then when KARR had to play nice around John and Mandy while he laid low. As his movie-buddy recognized the situation however, the AI soon gained yet another word to add to his vocabulary. < Stellar Cycles? > He echoed over the communication frequency, tasting the new word. But otherwise he did not let it distract him. < You were going to lead Jak out to us? I had no idea. > That detail though left him genuinely surprised.

Of course, it was easy to place tow and two together as to why it did not end up that way. If Jak could not keep a deal with Fear, likely whatever arrangement Knockout had in mind was just as capriciously tossed to the wind by the boy's hand.

< Of course, Knockout, the thought of causing any confrontation in your Drive-In would never cross my processors. > He assured smoothly. Especially when there was a long stretch of highway at his disposal just outside. Heavy metal feet clomped closer to him, and soon enough the medic exchanged their communication frequency for vocal conversation. Evidently, Knockout has had issues of his own with the undead, notably with one by the name of Death.

Odd, that name sounded very familiar. It took only a nanosecond for the reason why to come to him, as his databanks still had a file on hand regarding the very strange, very loud skeleton... Strange that he disappeared into thin air so silently, now that he considered it. "I remember that name. Fear and I used to work with a Death prior to Judge Mortis' arrival. We met him in the middle of the night in a field. If my data is correct about that evening, your encounter with him must have been as frustrating as ours. That so-called horseman was gratingly obtuse." He replied to him, an audible huff carrying from his audio projectors. "Not only did he think my viewpoints regarding his profession were insipid, he continuously insulted my driver throughout the affair. If Fear did not decide he was useful, I would have incinerated him." Alas, the Dark Judge had deemed the partnership so, and so the irritatingly literal skeleton was taken along for their attempt at a doomsday.

Though at this point, given Fear had retired so suddenly, he doubted that plan was going to be placed into motion at all. A pity, given how much he learned from the ghoul. But, as he learned from dealing with humans, plans had the strangest way of changing. This time however, KARR was merely content that the part of the plan that was changing had nothing to do with him. No 'You-o and Me-o in Rio', no 'We don't Have Any Old Times', just a sudden, quiet stop.

Another reason to appreciate this strange world, he supposed.

KARR's sensors picked up the loud thump as well, his optics brielfy flicking to the screen just in time to see part of the opening, while the rest of his arrays noticed the Cybertronian hastening his journey over to the saved space. It was entirely different from the horror movies that he had seen last year, with the hints of what looked to be glass orbs spinning in place upon a dark background. Of course, none of the names on the screen were familiar at all to the supercomputer.

His attention jumped back to the medic, his engines purring as he reversed out of the space he had saved for him, idling further out onto the hill before turning and pulling back into his own space. "You are welcome, Knockout." He replied, his earlier projected voice quieting to something more apt for watching the movie. A CGI owl flew onto the screen soon after alongside the sound of electric guitars and drums, though the tune seemed more along the lines of a ballad than anything resembling rock or pop like John tended to listen to. The owl flittered about some more. Evidently whoever made it was quite proud of it, or the owl was an important character.

Then, came the singing, along with a pleased comment from the crimson mech. "So that is his voice." KARR replied. The machine listened a little further, considering the song for a moment longer before adding; "...I don't get it. The song, I mean."

What was this underground? How did someone find love in it? Why would anyone want to live underground?

...Maybe this was a movie about mole people.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:09 am

Listen to that smug little tone! The Trans-Am was obviously very proud to be different from other average cars. Far from being put off from such a conceited attitude, Knock Out only smirked as if in approval. < Very true! You are quite unique inside and out. > Shameless as always, Knock Out had no scruples about stroking KARR's ego. Though not without a little ego-stroke of his own! < Just like me~! > A couple of diamonds in the rough, these two.

Catching the A.I.'s echo of his own words, Knock Out offered a light shrug that KARR would be able to see from his vantage point. < It is a unit of time, around what humans would consider a year. Give or take a couple of days. > The answer was brief yet informative. The mech was eager to get to the more juicy bit. A deep bark of a laugh sounded across the frequency. < Absolutely! I offered to help Fear after that idiot insulted me. I critiqued his methods, offering my thoughts on the whole...dramatic matter that was buzzing around him like flies to waste, and he began to openly reminisce about how he thought I was 'cool'. How he thought I was a great guy, but it turns out I'm not! > The former medic had even taken to gesturing, despite the conversation that only they could hear. His servoes gesticulated about himself, to outsiders he probably looked as if he were being attacked by mosquitoes. < When I say it like that it doesn't sound like a lot, but it's the principal of the matter! That he would insult me, passive aggressively! > As if Knock Out even cared if that silly man thought he was 'cool'... A snort sounded from his vents. < I convinced him that I was apologetic, and wanted to talk to him face to face outside of the city. I didn't have the ring back then, and I used my height as an excuse to get out of the crowded city. He said he would think about it... and then the next day was when he decided to fake his death. Never saw him again after that. > Such a shame, too... He'd been looking forward to the look on Jak's face when Knock Out lead him into a trap.

KARR's reassurances worked like a charm, any worries of a brawl slipping from his processor and replaced by a light grin across his faceplates. Aside from a dip of his helm, Knock Out did not respond anymore, considering the topic to be pretty much settled. He trusted the Trans-Am to keep his word. Now, he found himself curious! Both metallic brows rose up on his face, optics focused upon the other car. "He was affiliated with the Judges?" He coked his helm to the side as if in thought, before shrugging. "Loud, stubborn, undead...he'd fit in perfectly." And yet it seems that being his ally did not protect the Trans-Am or the Judges from Death's...personality. "I have to wonder how useful he was, considering he just poofed..." He snorted derisively. The crimson mech clearly had no tears to shed in Death's memory. "It was an ordeal just dealing with the aftermath of hitting him, I feel sorry for anyone who would have to work alongside him." Couldn't even figure out not to walk into traffic...useless!

Enjoying the opening credits, Knock Out's helm swayed lightly with the music. Though this movie was his only frame of reference for David Bowie's music, he rather liked this opening song! The man sang with all his might, a lot of passion that kept his attention while the CGI owl flew about. "Hm?" Blinking his optics, Knock Out's attention returned to his movie watching companion. Oh, right. Suppose this opening credit sequence was odd without knowing about the movie...from the song to the owl. The mech tapped his chin. What did the song mean...? "I uh...think it is supposed to be Bowie's character singing about his kingdom. And I believe he is singing to...ah!" A finger jutted towards the screen. "Her!" It was Sarah, the young heroine of the film! Perhaps not the best introduction for KARR, as the young woman was in a rather strange dress, addressing the camera in a similar oddness. She demanded the return of a child, having fought her way through the Goblin city to reclaim him. BAM came the thunder, distracting poor Sarah enough that she seemed to forget what she was talking about!
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:11 pm

Continuing to watch the movie as it moved along Nyreena continued to move along with the opening song, loving the melody and beat that it had. By the time that it had ended and turned into the next scene of the movie with the owl becoming real and landing on a perch as a young woman, whom Nyreena recognized as the iconic Sarah, came running into view wearing a costume and looking determined and desperate. Hearing her recite the famous line from the play she was memorizing Nyreena thought about how prevalent that was to the entire movie and how important that would be for her to remember when the time was right. Hearing the thunder come through the speakers, reminding her what was coming next Nyreena watched as Sarah realized that she was late when she heard the clock tower ring out the time and start to make her way home, calling her dog Merlin to follow afterwards.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:27 pm

Of course! KARR had not only been built to be a supercar to rival all supercars of his time, but the car of the future to boot. That was enough to make nearly any self-aware machine at least a little conceited. < Indeed so, you are one of a kind as well. > KARR replied, and the statement was completely genuine. He had not seen a single being like Knockout until he came here, even Livewire was quite different from the crimson mech.

In fact, the only beings that seemed to be the same as they were back in California were the humans.

Slang was one of the many differences he had to get used to. If not from Fear, now from Knockout.

He recorded the mech's linguistic trivia away for future reference, even when he was not logged in to the library's database, he was learning something new each day. Shortly after, Knockout got to the real meat of the conversation, as was the human euphemism. So Jak had decided to act as if Knockout had slighted him before any actual slighting had been done. < Dramatic little brat. I had told Fear before when he had initially wanted to use the boy for his purposes, we were better off killing him. If I had things my way, Jak Mar would have met his end long before any of this farce had a chance of being conceived. > Alas, Fear just had to have his 'good old fashioned fun' with the strange young man and his talking rodent that had decided to trespass on the farm. While the ghoul was brilliant in his own ways, he was also quite dull in others. Not that KARR would ever say that directly to his ever smiling, metal face.

A positive, semi-mutual relationship was a delicate thing, after all.

< I understand completely, Knockout. I am not one to humor insults either. It is unfortunate that you were unable to trap him, it would have saved me a climb up a mountain. You likely did not see him again because we killed him, apparently for good. > The AI deduced methodically. For a brief moment his optics settled upon the ghost girl that sat up front. It was a pity that she did not suffer the same fate.

But all the same, that left him with more opportunities to end her existence. the smile that graced Knockout's face  assured the two-toned vehicle that he had said all he needed to put the mech's worries at rest. Thouh just as quickly, he seemed surprised at the fact Fear and Judge Mortis worked with the supposed Death that happened to land -once again- in their back yard. For having chosen the location to prevent encountering any disturbances, every damn Stan, Dick, and Larry sure did enjoy finding them in the middle of nowhere.

Even so, Knockout had his points. "On those details, you are correct. The Dark Judges, however, were far more open to discussion and negotiating ideas. Even when he was working with us, he did not prove to be very useful to Fear's plans." He mostly spoke obnoxiously loud, and waved around the pistol that Fear had managed to find for him during a purge. The skeleton could not fathom how to even use it!

Back to the movie, Knockout thankfully elaborated as to what the song was about, or more who exactly this David Bowie was singing to. Although his own explanation was hesitant, as if the mech had not really stopped to think what the song was about either until this point. "Oh, so his kingdom is underground... Is his character a mole or a worm? Or is he supposed to be the owl?" The made a little more sense, sort of. Much like an alien having crash landed upon this planet just in time to catch the opening act of this outdoor cinematic event, KARR was still uncertain as to what was going on.

In his opinion Night of the Living Dead was by far more coherent.

The girl he was "singing" to appeared on screen soon after, and a real owl replaced the CGI one to flutter into the frame and kick off the movie. Evidently she was reciting the lines to a play, a fictional one as he scanned the title of the script in her hands. There was no such play or book known as "The Labyrinth", according to his cultural databank. Thunder rumbled as the girl attempted to remember her lines, looking back to the script in time to read the one line she managed to forget.

"...You have no power over me."

Both her dog, named Merlin, and the chime of the clock tower in the distance reminded her of something she was late for.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:26 pm

KARR may not have any servoes with which to 'buff' Knock Out's paintjob, but he didn't need those to buff this mech's ego! Suitably complimented, the former medic puffed his chest out with step as he swaggered over. One of a kind...ah, music to his audio receptors. Even among other Cybertronians, the crimson mech could be seen as odd or strange. Rather than take it as an insult though, he embraced his uniqueness. < With all this buttering, I should be glad I'm no lobster. > He teased lightly, no hint disapproval in his voice.

Dramatic was a very good word for it. No matter the man had managed to make so many enemies, if he acted like a buffoon over a spare bit of criticism! Knock Out quickly skipped over that little bit of KARR's response though, focusing on something he had never before been privy to. < Wait, wait! You mean to tell me...that Judge Fear tried to use Jak as some sort of pawn? > If it were anybody else, it'd be a decent plan. Everybody needs a good scapegoat, after all! But with that pointy eared idiot... The former Decepticon was unable to wipe off an amused grin. He chuckled deeply over the line, physically shaking his helm from side to side. < Obviously that definitely worked. > The mech snarked. Perhaps that was why the Judge so wished to destroy the boy. He spared his life, and didn't get a thing out of it! Not surprisingly, the AI expressed agreement with his attitude towards insults, neither of them were willing to take such behavior lying down! < Yes, it is a shame. I would have liked to save you all a trip, but in the end he wound up dead, and that is what really matters! > The peace that came with his demise was a rather nice cherry on top, too!

As bullheaded as the Judges could get, Knock Out had to admit that they could be open to negotiation at times. Moreso Fear than Mortis. The two of them were like an odd puzzle, leaving the mech to figure out which method would yield the best results. In contrast, Death was very much a brick wall. There was no other option but to run head first into him and only hurt yourself in the process. "It sounds like Fear hasn't made the best choices in allies. While you are obviously an asset, Jak and Death were very much...not." That bit of realization was tucked away for later, fuel to use if he ever needed to work with the Judges again. A brief remembrance of his own history with the Decepticons made the former medic frown and give an easy shrug. "Of course, experience has taught me that sometimes you work with what you've got." Even if what you have is a dirty Insecticon brute, an infamous traitor, or a loud mouthed skull man who rides a motorcycle.

Metal body shifting into a comfortable recline along the grass, Knock Out helpfully explained his own thoughts on the song. Not the most 'optic opening' interpretation of the song, but it was something. KARR's guesses about the nature of Bowie's character earned a light chuckle. In retrospect, what was King Jareth? Goblin King though he was, the man didn't look very...'goblin'y. Aha, but one of the AI's guesses was quite correct! A mischievous glint appeared in his crimson optics, tilting his helm to wink to his companion. A digit stretched out to gesture at the TransAm in tandem with the wink, shaking it lightly. "Ah, ah, ah! No spoilers for you!" No ruining the surprise! As for their young heroine, she and her mop of a dog were left running through light rain to go back home. Reaching the door, an older woman admonished her before refusing to let the dog inside. Even though Sarah felt awful for poor Merlin, Knock Out found himself agreeing with her stepmother. As drenched as that pooch was, he probably smelled awful! Further in the house, stepmom and stepdaughter argued over how late Sarah was, revealing that she was on babysitting duty. Snorting lightly, the mech leaned over towards KARR. "Honestly, it's not like she asked for her parents to have another sparkling. I wouldn't want to watch it either!" Humans and their need for overpopulation... It was laughable!
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Feeling bad for Sarah to have to run through the weather as Nyreena watched her run through the rain across town to get home with Merlin on her heels the ghost watched as the young girl made it home only to be stopped by her stepmother who berated her for being late and was told that Merlin had to go into the garage since he was wet from the rain. In a way Nyreena would have to agree to that since wet dog smell was very hard to get out of a carpet but she knew that it was a bit harsh to just send the dog into what was probably a cold garage to stay in overnight. As Sarah and her stepmother entered the house Nyreena watched how they argued about Sarah being late to babysit her baby brother Toby while the stepmother and Sarah's father went out for the night.

Sighing in slight sympathy Nyreena could see how bad the friction was between the three, seeing this as somewhat of a bad time as they tried to get used how one another worked and get used to the new dynamics of the family. At the same time Nyreena could see that Sarah needed to grow up a bit, knowing that from watching the movie so many times, and take on some new responsibilities of being a big sister and help care for her baby brother. Oh the joys of growing up.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:45 am

Well, Knockout certainly was red enough to be one...

KARR wisely kept his vocalizers sealed on that observation, The AI evenly replied, watching as he swaggered up the hill. Knockouts attention to detail was keen, however. No one had ever been so quick to point out a statement since the AI had come here.

...But at the same time, when the pointing was in the direction of a certain helmeted superfiend, who would think to hesitate? Even with his earlier bumbling, Fear managed to draw a nigh infinite intrigue. < Correct. He thought to use the boy as a means to 'spread justice' in the city. The embarassing aftermath never even made the papers. > He admitted, a sour tinge lacing his tone. He would know, he had been there when Fear had stormed into the barn that fateful December morning. < It was only then that he took up my advice to kill him, as we should have done in the first place if we were to remain in accordance with the laws he sought to enforce. >

Jak was still very much alive then, after all. He was considered a criminal. Alas, he still ended up dead all the same, as Knockout pointed out.

Outside of their communication frequency, the conversation continued. All the while KARR was seemingly unaware of the information being tucked away, though whether that ignorance was intentional or not was impossible to discern. He was after all, an AI housed within a car. His range of expression was limited to the point of being stiff. "I believe it was due to his circumstances. He was used to working under the instruction of a leader, perhaps it was his first time working with full independent freedom." He revealed, the same amount of understanding palpable in his synthetic voice. "I too can relate. Fear's Jak and Death could just as easily have been Tony and The Rev, or John and Mandy for me." Although they were nowhere near as exotic as the personas that his newest driver hung around with.

As the two watched the movie, evidently the notion of David Bowie's character being a worm or mole was amusing enough to draw a laugh from his friend. Oh, but what was that his scanners detected? There was a shift in the mech's expression, minute as it was, but still easily detectable by his advanced systems. A plated finger pointed in his direction and was shaken alongside a... another gesture that KARR was unfamiliar with. In his time spent with the four -or perhaps five if his brief confrontations with Michael Knight were included- he had never seen them close only one eye with such intent. On a human, or any other organic, it could be registered as attempting to blink away dust, but given Knockout did not have to worry about such minor nuisances, the gesture was a mystery.

Thus it was saved away for later, when it would not be a tremendous distraction from the movie.

The movie which he could apparently be spoiled with. Given the context, however, KARR could readily determine which part was the spoiler. "...He is the owl, isn't he." Came a dry, albeit softly spoken response. That was all the AI had to say for the moment, as his attention returned to the scene at hand. Rain- or perhaps a thunder storm was evidently in the near future, and set the tone for the young thespian's return home. The woman was deduced to be the parental figure and the woman of the house, as she scolded the girl before refusing the now soaking wet dog from coming inside. Though as the two argued, it seemed there was more to this than the girl coming home late, as she was supposed to be watching a child. A snort could be heard, but not from the movie being broadcast over his radio.

"My patience is stretched thin when dealing with the adults alone, much less a child. It is probably some needy, whining thing that requires constant attention." KARR agreed. Though with the right "lip service" as Fear crudely called his art of persuasion, humans had their uses.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:31 pm

Alas, it seems even the great and powerful Judges were not perfect! They too, could make mistakes, though this one was a rather amusing one. While KARR's voice seemed sour, Knock Out's seemed tinged with humor. < Well, they say hindsight is 20/20. No wonder he doesn't like to work with the living, if his attempt to do so with Jak blew up in his helmet. > The mech didn't have a lick of shame, turning from merely tickled to mischievous. The next time either of the Judges decided to toss Knock Out's own bad decisions in his face, Primus did the mech now have one Pit of a card up his sleeves now! Delicious.

KARR seemed to think his mistake came about due to it being Fear's first time as a leader. "Hm..." The former medic hummed thoughtfully, crossing one ankle joint over the other. "So used to being on a leash, that without it he had no idea what to do." His understanding only became clearer when KARR compared it to his own struggles. Cocking his helm to the side, Knock Out seemed to regard the TransAm sympathetically. Suddenly Fear's mistake didn't seem quite so funny. "I suppose I was lucky to find an ally in Breakdown. He was...trustworthy. And dependable. There aren't many like that, are there?" His question was wistful, if rhetorical. Tony and Rev, John and Mandy, Jak and Death. All of them were either selfish, stupid, or just plain irritants. Not a reliable bone in their bodies! The AI must have felt a kinship with the Judges, lacking their leader and not knowing what to do. Finding allies in all the wrong places. Even the good ones like Breakdown just seemed to wind up dead.

Obviously Knock Out had underestimated KARR's ability to read body language. He seemed to struggle with some cues, after all. So the mech was sure that he was as subtle as he could be! And yet...the AI easily gleamed the truth from his reaction. Knock Out stiffened. Scrap, how was he supposed to keep KARR unspoiled when he just figured out an important detail! Taking a cue from the politicians of Earth, Knock Out put on his best pokerface. Jaw clenched and metal brows flattened. He turned to his companion and kept his voice even. "...Noooo. He's absolutely not the owl." Perfect! Absolutely great! A shame he'd never become an actor, huh? Satisfied for the moment, his attention returned to the events onscreen. "Admittedly, I haven't dealt with Sparklings in a long time. Much less raising them. Livewire would be the closest example for me, and she is rather agreeable." She was quite well-behaved for her age, and a very good patient.

Upset about her stepmother and needing to watch her baby brother, Sarah stormed upstairs and left her parents alone downstairs. The stepmother insisted that her stepdaughter wouldn't listen to her, only seeing her as an enemy. The father insisted he would talk to her, and the scene changed to that of a room. The camera roamed over different props, such as stuffed animals and books. Most interesting of course might be a collage with pictures of a beautiful woman and the word 'mom' written around it with hearts. Seated at her mirror, Sarah recited the words to the play to herself while wearing a cobbled together crown and putting on lipstick. Speaking through the door, her father asked to speak to her. Sarah shut him out, insisting he leave before he become late for his date. Her father assured her that they'd be home at midnight, and that the baby, Toby, had been fed and put to bed. Despite having refused to listen to her father, the young woman suddenly became upset that he hadn't tried to talk to her more, and went to her bed in a huff. Knock Out laughed softly in the back of his 'throat'. "Some human families really are like a Soap Opera."
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:12 pm

Watching Sarah storm upstairs at hearing that she needed to watch her baby brother and leaving her parents downstairs Nyreena started to feel, like she always did, the tension between them that occurs when a stepparent is new to the family and the new dynamics are being established. Watching the father say that he would go and talk with her then the scene change to Sarah's room, where many of the elements of the movie could be seen throughout. Seeing the collage dedicated to her late mother it made the ghost think about the research she had done and learned about her own late mother which made her chest tighten a bit and felt a few tears roll from her eyes. Wiping them away she could understand a bit what Sarah was feeling about missing her late mother.

Calming down Nyreena watched as Sarah's father asked to talk with her and Sarah telling him that he was going to be late for his date if he didn't leave. Remembering the hesitant pause that her father makes when he gives up and tells his daughter that they would be back by midnight and that Toby was fed and was in bed then took off. Seeing how upset Sarah got when he didn't try to talk to her more she went to her bed in an infuriated huff and all Nyreena could do was lightly shake her head at how bad the dysfunctions were between them. Well at least one of the major turning points of the movie was coming up and the appearance of the third major character of the movie.
    K.A.R.R.
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by K.A.R.R. on Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:37 am

Knockout's pit of a card was going to be KARR's regret, and he was quickly growing wise to it. At least, if the ex-medic's tone meant anything. But all the same... He had not heard from the Dark Judge in a long, long while. No calls, no spooky ghost-like apparitions appearing in his warehouse for a chat; in all likely sense, Fear had moved on in favor of being with that green scaly creature. Perhaps he should have felt something regarding their divide, but in all... The AI did not see himself as a family grocery-getter, that would be a severe underutilizaton of his ability!

So, he supposed bleeding a few lesser known details regarding their relationship was not too great of a sin on further contemplation.

< Indeed, > KARR replied, switching off their frequency as Knockout had come close enough to render it superfluous. "I suppose he thought that creative thinking regarding his allies would help him get ahead in fulfilling his leader's goal." A crackling, static sigh echoed from his voice projector. Some good that turned out to be... Not to mention what happened when he attempted to manipulate someone into helping them get nuclear weapons. He could not even pull off stockholm syndrome correctly without turning it on himself in the process. And yet...

"Fear, for all his mistakes, was worthwhile in his own way. But you are correct, such people are hard to come by." KARR admitted. That murderous corpse was the very first person that he managed to find some semblance of camaraderie in. Though the AI was quick to squelch that notion the moment it came into his processors. Just like John, The Rev, Tony... He left given enough time. They all left. An optic wandered from the screen to settle on Knockout's ruby red form; given enough time, his seat would be nothing more than an empty parking space on a grassy hill. Whether it be from something better coming along, or deciding that KARR no longer fit the role of movie-watching buddy, sooner or later he would lose him too.

He almost forgot about their little discussion about the owl.

If only by the grace of KARR's distraction, he failed to notice the way his posture stiffened, coming back from the thoughts in his processors to witness the Cybertronian looking very... constipated? The microscanner arrays that were embedded into his MBS coating took a cursory look-over of the mech's inner workings, and found nothing -at least mechanically- amiss. No odd protrusions lodged where they should not be, or obvious blockages.

"...I see." aside from an obviously confused tone in the AI's synthetic voice, Knockout's acting worked perfectly... For the scant moments it took for KARR to review and jog his memory banks regarding their conversation. Given there was a definite jump from mischievous grin to stern glare, it did not take long for KARR to register what happened. "Is that how you bluff, Knockout? I have seen some poker faces, but yours..." The AI's amusement carried through his vox, turning his optics back to the movie.

Livewire, that named sounded vaguely familiar... And it was, given his file on the taxi-yellow femme in his memory bank. "I saw her a few times in the Sanctuary a year or so ago. She was polite enough." KARR replied. Nothing ever did come of that talk about learning cybertronian, however. Ah well, there were other things to focus on he supposed.

Like this strange human family. He admittedly had never borne witness to what a typical household was like, and so he observed the exchange with rapt interest. The girl in particular was incredibly confusing in how she contradicted herself. At once wanting to be alone and then wishing for her father to talk to her. While attempting to figure that one out, Knockout piped up next to him with a chuckle. A... what-opera?

"What is a Soap-Opera?" KARR asked, genuinely curious.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:52 pm

"I suppose if there's something to be said for creative thinking it is that it keeps things interesting. Sometimes you can't help but to make allies with people that...may turn out traitorous in the end." At least Fear had the excuse of being fresh on a new world to explain his decision to trust Jak. Knock Out on the other servo, knew exactly what kind of seeker Starscream was. There were very few who didn't know, as it wasn't like the seeker to downplay himself. He was a narcissistic mech who looked out for himself. ...Funny how that sounded much like Knock Out himself. Perhaps that was what drew him to Starscream. Ah, but he knew the truth of their...strange friendship. The second it would benefit him, Starscream would probably throw the medic under the bus. The same could not be said for KARR, or so the vain mech hoped. Amused, his robotic mouth turned up in a grin at KARR's words regarding the Judge. "You say that as if he's permanently dead." On a more serious note, the crimson Cybertronian squared his shoulders. "I will admit though, sometimes those two actually do know what they're talking about, I guess." Not always but...at times.

Knock Out's attempt to lie with a straight face was very unconvincing. The AI's tone belayed somebody who was perplexed, not a sucker who believed his words. Still, the mech stubbornly maintained the look while swearing at himself in his processor. Confusion turned to amusement, KARR easily figuring himself out. His body sagged dramatically, a servo resting against the temple of his helm as if he were faint. "I just had to chose a movie companion who could read context clues and deduce like a robotic Sherlock Holmes! Oh, the entire movie is ruined now..." Thankfully that was not true, as there were more things to be revealed aside from David Bowie's shapeshifting. Giving a little snicker himself, he shrugged and dropped the act. "I'm a far better lie when I don't try to be so serious at delivering it." As for the sunny femme, he nodded in light agreement but otherwise did not comment as things were getting juicy onscreen.

"What is a Soap-Opera?"

Oh that was perfect. Raising a metal brow at the other car, Knock Out was both amused by the sheer curiosity of KARR's tone, and even a little excited to see just how much of a blank slate the other could be at times. So many things he would have to introduce him to sometime! "It is a type of human television show, very melodramatic and full of strange twists like cloning a dead person because the actor wanted to come back to the show! Anyway, the humans in it don't react like normal. Instead, every twist may as well mean the sky is falling!" It sounded awful and...yeah, sometimes it was. And yet sometimes still, it could be so entertaining. "If that interests you, I'll need to show you one sometime!" He added, just as Sarah suddenly sat up on her bed onscreen.

Staring at a little shelf of stuffed toys, she noticed one missing and referred to it as 'Lancelot'. Incensed by this invasion of privacy, the young girl stormed out of her room and into that of her baby brother's. The toddler was standing in his crib, bawling his eyes out. And on the floor beside his bed was the titular Lancelot, a brown teddy bear. Grabbing the bear and holding it to her chest, young Sarah declared her hatred towards her baby brother, as well as a desire to be taken away from her home. Thunder cracked ominously after such a declaration, scaring the infant to the point of tears. Upset, the girl suggested a story to the infant and began to weave her tale. The tale of a young girl and her evil stepmom, who forced her to look after a spoiled brat of a baby who worked her like a slave. The story took an abrupt shift from being her current situation projected onto the tale, to apparently wish fulfillment.

With a suitor in the form of a Goblin King, he had given the young girl magical powers. On one certain night where the baby had been extra horrible, the girl called on the goblins to help her. As the story took a shift, Sarah placed a striped hat upon her own head, apparently getting into character. And once she mentioned calling upon goblins...the camera suddenly changed to fill the screen entirely with goblins. Most of them seemingly asleep, one in particular seemed to wake up and urged the others to listen. Just what was Sarah meddling into...?
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:01 am

As she continued to watch the movie as the view of the scene changed to a shot of the bears sitting on the shelf hanging on the wall, with one missing, and Sarah getting even more angry at that Nyreena watched as the young girl storm out of her room and into her parent's bedroom where her little baby stepbrother Toby was in his crib crying. The view shifting to show the missing bear on the floor to which Sarah picked and hugged in relief Nyreena listened as Sarah told Toby how much she hated him and had wished for someone to take her away from the awful position she was in. At that moment the storm suddenly picked up which made Toby cry even harder and in turn made Sarah even more irritated than before. Having enough Sarah spitefully asked Toby if he wanted to hear a story and proceeded to tell one about a young girl who had a cruel stepmother who worked her tirelessly to the bone and forced her to watch after her spoiled baby brother. However what no one knew was that the king of the goblins had seen the young girl's beauty and fell in love with her and in turn given her special powers to use to free herself. So one night when her brother was particularly cruel she decided to use her power to call the goblins for help.

However what Sarah really didn't know was that the story she was telling had a real glimmer of truth for the next scene change there was a pile of goblins fast asleep until one of them heard her speaking and woke up, looking around and telling his companions to listen. Seeing that Nyreena was getting more and more excited at what was coming in just a few moments.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:30 am