Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Necklace Graveyard

Post by Kev on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:22 pm

"I could always buy you some daisies, simulate the experience for you." The alien offered with a half chuckle. Whether the former Judge accepted this idea or not, Kev was already putting it to mind to go out and get something nice for Fear. Livewire too. Perhaps flowers to brighten up the house...the moment the femme had inquired if he'd heard from Nessa, a light gloom seemed to overtake the area. An assortment of daisies and tulips, maybe that would cheer things up. Blue eyes stole a glance at the ghoul, observing as he choked down glass after glass of whiskey inside that great iron helm. On second thought, maybe flowers were too small to make much of a difference.

First, their daughter had shut down in grief, now his boyfriend was practically saturated with the emotion. Negative emotions came so easily to him, as it was in his nature. Livewire lost yet another person she loved, so seemingly close to the last...! Fear had to perform his psychic surgery and was now coasting off the events of the day, feeling just as awful for her as Kev himself. Perhaps even more so due to the empathy! His chest twisted up, tangled with several emotions as he put the finishing touches on his tray. An icy stare was settled upon the cheery wall of the kitchen, directed at nobody who still lived in this world. He allowed himself this brief outlet, before taking a deep breath and steadying himself as he set the tray down in front of his partner.

A small laugh bubbled out of the scaly man. "I had a pretty good teacher." With regards to the 'fond' memory, Kev rolled his eyes in a good-natured fashion, nudging Fear with an elbow. "That dishrag was clean, not sullied! But, that is a rather nice memory, since it lead to you gifting me with reliable ole 'Li'l Mary'." Fingertips lightly patted the purple wool of the tea cozy, eyes crinkling with some delight before he set about to pouring Fear's cuppa for him. The ghoul instantly declined his offer of sharing an actual drunken haze, insisting he needed to be alert just in case anything else happened today. The alien nodded soberly, drifting close to Fear's side. "I understand."

"Besssidesss! You're sssuch a terrible pisssspot, it'sss downright unbearable. I reckon you could barely hold a sssingle round of hard liquor."

Scales bristled over his body, the alien briefly resembling a pinecone as he squinted at the other's helm. "Hey! I'm not that much of a lightweight..." Kev protested, not wanting to admit defeat. Had he even really had hard liquor of this caliber? If he did, he certainly had no memories of it. The burp earned a huff. "Hmph. You're just a showoff is all. I bet you could win money at bars in drinking contests. Drink people under the table." That poor cockroach...he winced before an arm wrapped around thin shoulders and he drew close until his cheek rested on Fear's. "Try not to burn up all of your little 'friends' in there. You'll run out of kindling and then you might start belching flames~!"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu May 25, 2017 5:11 pm

Pfft, buy some daisies... That earned a snort out of yours truly. "Dead fluidsss make for terrible nourissshment. You'd be throwing your money away, love." Those poor, poor flowers. It'd be a crying shame to go through all that effort and then watch everything die. Even though Fear could hardly call himself a 'green thumb' despite having two, he enjoyed a smattering of colour here and there. He also enjoyed a hearty glass of Scotch, but that largely without saying, right? After his umpteenth glass (probably his tenth), the helmeted ghoul stared at Kev, forlorn. "Kev, mate... It will be alright. You needn't ssstare at the wall and brood; Nesssssa isss not worth the trouble, honessstly." Nor the emotional constipation. But, he supposed, it must have felt cathartic for his troubled partner. Sigh... Otherworldly eyes removed themselves off his rapidly dwindling supply of booze and instead focused on Kev pouring their tea. Ahh, tea... He could very much go for a cuppa or two.

"You had the greatessst of inssstructorsss," came the not-so modest response. Fear's chuckling echoed throughout the kitchen, as did his tinny snorts. "And it doesssn't matter if the bloody thing wasss clean - you ssstill had the audacity to throw it over the teapot!" Tasteless, Kev, tasteless. He huffed and set his glass aside, eager to imbibe something that didn't enhance his moroseness. Spindly fingers wrapped around the ceramic mug when it was offered. "Thanksss, love. Jesssting or not, you really have improved on your etiquette. I'm actually sssort of... proud." Blimey! He needed to nurse this headache before things became too sentimental.

Siiiiiiip...!

Relief washed over the ghoul, his body language easing. "Ahhh... that hit the ssspot, it did." Never mind that Fear couldn't taste or rightfully enjoy the sensation of heated liquid travel down his throat; it was the positive thought associated with tea drinking that did the trick just as well. "And I'm a ssshamelessss braggart, yesss~!" he chuckled again, pausing to sip. Funnily enough, Fear had actually done what Kev had suggested. A good story, that! "There'sss no real sssport in getting people to fancy their vicesss and then watch them sssuffer for it," answered the superfiend, his head propped up by one of those gangly hands, "but boy would I be a liar if I sssaid it wasssn't fun. Did you know I ssspooked Cailia that way? I doubt ssshe'll wisssh to reminisssce, but it'sss how we firssst met. Mm~! She makesss for a wonderful fright." Good times, good memories... Now look at him. Fear was sitting on his rotted duff and wallowing in emotional trauma that wasn't even his own. Being an empath was damn hard.

"Try not to burn up all of your little 'friends' in there. You'll run out of kindling and then you might start belching flames~!"

He could only scoff, amused at the notion of little bugs crackling into bursts of fire. Every idle thought came to a grinding halt as Kev approached and wrapped the ghoul into a one-armed hug. "Mm..."

The contact felt... nice. It felt so, so nice...

It was almost imperceptible, how Fear leaned into his lover's touch, his unspoken desire for comfort yearning, but he kept his personal needs at a tolerable level. The fiend did, however, guide Kev onto his lap and proceeded to keep the alien close. "Thanksss, love... for ssstaying with me and being yourssself." Alright, so Fear maybe allowed a brief peek at his more vulnerable self. "I don't know what I'd do without you, you little horny toad, ha ha... I appreciate it very much." Ancient metal brushed gently against Kev's scaly temple, and there, at least in that moment, things didn't seem as bleak as either of them believed.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue May 30, 2017 10:22 pm

"But I'd be throwing it away in the name of love!" Which, by the laws of romance, made it not a waste at all! A sly snicker escaped the alien, hinting that Fear had won in this game of logic. Though, it still seemed a good idea to buy some flowers to stick in vases. This place needed cheering up. As to be expected due to the mental bond between them, Kev's emotions weren't a secret to Fear. Not even with alcohol to distract him. He didn't truly mind though...it was actually a boon to have someone like the ghoul who understood his emotions. Perhaps even more than Kev himself did. Peeking over a shoulder, the scaly man nodded softly before approaching with the tea. "You're right, Keptoya. There's no use in being upset at someone who's not even here. And...and it will be alright. Eventually." These things would take time, as they always did.

Until then... He was sorely tempted to retract from society for a day or two. Leaving the house suddenly felt like a burden. All Kev wanted to do was wrap his arms around the lean corpse from behind, bury his face against his spine and spoon for hours. He wanted to grab their bumblebee, tuck her close against his side, and place his own head upon her's. He wanted to feel safe in his lover's arms, feel Livewire next to him. He wanted to be with his family.

Such modesty drew a snort and a raised eyebrow ridge from the alien. Every chuckle seemed to chip away at any lingering anger still simmering on Kev's psyche, leaving him unable to do much aside from chuckle in return.
    "Alright, alright...you were a right sight better than Morgana, that's for sure! She taught me the bloody yank way, also known as the worst way." Boiling the water in a normal pan, letting the tea bags sit inside of it. The very thought made him turn his nose up! How long ago it seemed to be that he was so uncultured and ignorant. He allowed the remark about the rag to flow over his back with nary but a small laugh, especially when Fear went on to sincerely compliment his improvement. Sort of proud, is that right? A hand found its way upon his own chest, the alien letting out a little gasp. "I'm always happy to make you proud...sir~" The leaner man cooed sweetly, batting his eyes. A truly warm feeling began to spread within, like a candle being lit. Even if he seemed reluctant to admit it, Kev had done him proud with his tea! Anything positive was soaked up as if he were a sponge.

A true Englishman, the tea had done more good for the former Judge than any amount of alcohol did! "And here I thought you were humble when we first met." Kev teased lightly, shaking his head with a 'tsk'. What could have possibly changed? An eye popped open to regard the ghoul when he spoke again, listening curiously. True, with his immunity to becoming truly drunk, drinking people under the table was child's play. "Oh?" Now both blue eyes stared at the metal helm in slight surprise. "I...did not know that! Hm...guess that explains why she's not a fan of you." A hand clasped at his own chin, almost a mirror of Fear. "I would never have pegged her to be the type to be spooked but...then again, your powers can frighten everyone." Left unspoken was Kev's own immunity, though a light swing of the hips and a coy wink were all he needed to imply what hadn't been mentioned.

In the time he'd spent with Fear, Kev learned that the ghoul was a more conservative type. Though his movements were almost imperceptible for most, the alien knew better. He knew that if he felt bad, Fear likely felt the same, if not worse. He would have been fine before, arms wrapping around the corpse and feeling him lean ever so slightly into the touches, but things did not stay that way. Large hands nudged him, moving and guiding until he was seated upon Fear's lap, and long arms kept him close. His eyes widened, gawking up at his partner before he pressed himself close. Those same eyes slammed shut, not needing to see anything as he held close to the man he loved. Arms snaking around the other's thin chest, cheek pressed against his clothing. He sighed into him, breathing in the smell of delicious tea, a bit of alcohol, and undead corpse. Despite the odd scents that may make others turn away, he relaxed into the other. This. This was what he needed right now. This was home. This was perfect.

"Thanksss, love... for ssstaying with me and being yourssself. I don't know what I'd do without you, you little horny toad, ha ha... I appreciate it very much."

Fingers tightened into Fear's shirt, the alien's scales practically glowing with the flush of blood to them. "Always, love. If all I have to do for you is stay here and be myself...I'll do it everytime." It always felt so special, to be in the arms of somebody who was so strong, so powerful. To not have to worry about being carelessly killed again, to not feel alone anymore. And on top of all of that...to have his supernaturally strong partner open up and reveal a bit of vulnerability to him, a side very few saw...? It was a deep show of trust. Feeling the iron helm pressed against his temple, Kev returned the pressed and nuzzled into him. A hand rose to cup the ghoul's metal cheek. "I'm so glad you were here... I don't know what I'd do without you either." The soft scales of his thumb rubbed smooth iron tenderly. There was no way he could have handled something of this magnitude on his own. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me on the Breach."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:33 am

"But I'd be throwing it away in the name of love!"

Snort!

Kev was as dense as a black-hole-in-a-box, yet his bashful snickering proved his awareness (and admission of defeat). But... yes, it would be very soothing if they cut a handful of flowers from the garden and spruced the house up with a dash of colour. They could all do with a spot of vibrant cheer. "Yesss, it will be." Fear echoed his partner's sentiments with every ounce of resolve the grave could allow. Hardship was not a new inconvenience to them; they can and will overcome. It was just a matter of time. Ancient joints and bone popped in Fear's slender neck as he attentively observed the alien's body language. "No, love," he rasped calmly but firm, "you cannot retract from sssociety and tune out the world. There are, after all, resssponsssibilitiesss. Busssywork will keep your mind off thessse mattersss." The helmeted ghoul will ensure that Kev remained honest; a job Fear upheld with the utmost seriousness. He will also ensure that Kev didn't angrily stew...

"Bah!" A loud, disagreeable snort. "Making tea in a bloody pot... What an uncouth witch." Bit by bit, their lighthearted banter and tomfoolery chipped away at tonight's oppressive gloom and doom. Laughter, playful annoyance, companionship, and a good pot of tea... Truly, these were the building blocks of life.

"I'm always happy to make you proud...sir~"

Oh, and a dash of sauciness.

True to form, Kev delivered and he delivered more than just a dash. Half a dozen swollen eyes rolled the alien's way, Fear squinting over his steamy cuppa. "I am humble," came a not-so humble, indignant answer. In a subtle way, it was true. Had he been a carbon copy of Death, none of this - their home, their family, their relationship, everything - would have come to pass. Indeed, a 'god' had fallen for a mortal, thus shirking the rules and conventions of their respective communities. The price had been great - oh, it had been great - but Fear wouldn't give regret, not even an ounce, the time or day. He was simply content to nod while quietly sipping his tea.

"Everyone hasss a fear, Kev," reminded that low, otherworldly voice. "Godsss, devilsss, mortalsss, undead sssuperfiendsss and ssscaly tree sssavages... No one is truly immune to my dutiful gaze." Even as the little bugger swayed those hips of his, thinking himself cheeky (which he was), Kev knew the truth deep down. The alien may be immune to Fear's gaze, but that didn't mean he was immune to fear itself. The difference was a hairsbreadth but nevertheless profound. "And I wouldn't sssay that," Fear added, lazily gesturing with a gangrenous hand. "Curvesss enjoysss my company, previoussss hissstory assside. Ssshe'sss a fan of me, but not my powersss. Isssn't that how it goesss?" Kev, you impish toad. If Cailia didn't like yours truly, then why else would she invite the helmeted ghoul to her mystical isle? Such a silly, silly man. A silly man he loved very much, unquestionably.

Like clockwork, the alien nestled into Fear's lap and eagerly shared in their intimate moment. It was perfect, it was home, it was what he needed - what they needed. Yellowed talons raked across Kev's scalp gently, their sharpened tips coaxing any loose scales free. "Every time, hm?" Light chuckling filled the kitchen. "Sssuch a tall order, but I look forward to it. Very much ssso." A silly man whose love and determination knew no bounds. This, too, was unquestionable.

"My devotion to you, Keptoya, isss asss absssolute asss death itssself." A hand tenderly covered the alien's and squeezed. "No matter the catassstrophe of foe, my purpossse in exissstence isss to remain by your ssside, sssteadfassst and sssupportive."

Their trust was ironclad.

And, of course, with a sprinkle of foolishness. "And you are the... sssecond bessst thing that'sss happened to me, here, on Portal Breach~!" As for the first? Fear cheekily held up his lukewarm cup of tea. "Hu hu hu!" Alright, alright... That was enough buffoonery out of him. Needle-like nails continued to scratch Kev's emerald head up and down. "It isss... late, mm. Methinksss we ssshould retire for the evening and ressst. It will do usss both sssome good." And it was sorely what they needed.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Fear's resolute agreement did a lot to soothe the alien's soul, his large eyes more at ease. Impermanence was perhaps the greatest and most powerful lesson he'd learned from the ghoul. For too long, Kev had allowed himself to wallow in despair over things that would not last forever. Only his perception made the awful things linger. So many things had passed them by, their little family was no stranger to adversity. So long as they remained stable and loving for each other, they could keep afloat until this too, passed. Emerald cheeks darkened as his guypal caught on to Kev's thoughts, tenderly admonishing him and steering him away from tuning out the world at large. The scaly man was sheepish, turning his head downwards. "You're right, Fear. It would be unfair to shrug away my responsibilities and...and having something to keep my attention will keep me steady." Such was life when your partner was psychic, though it was actually a relief for the lean alien. The ghoul could catch onto certain thoughts and steer him in the right direction. It was an aspect of their relationship that he deeply appreciated and it was clear from the look in his eyes.

Imagining how he used to boil his tea in a blasted pot, Kev snickered to himself softly. He had even allowed his tea bags to just boil in the water! No teapot, no cozies, and his knowledge of tea flavors was mediocre at best! As was the spirit of impermanence, things had changed and he was no longer ignorant. Well...that ignorant. "I appreciate that you taught me the right way. Now I'm now as much of a savage!" Ooga booga, bang the pot and make water hot. Then slash the head off of a chicken and go roll into a dirt pit. The very mental image brought another joyful chuckle to the alien.

Ever so humble, the iron helm peeked over a cup of tea as he insisted as much. Indeed, the ghoul really was humble. He'd given up his badge and moved in with a scaly sinner. He did so much for both himself and Livewire, asking for very little in return. That had the be the very definition of 'humble'! "I'll repay your humbleness every time with tea and hugs, Kikiri." The sacrifice was not ignored, and he would hold Fear close and tenderly every morning he woke up in the ghoul's lanky arms. Kev was a lucky alien.

Yes, fear was a state of mind that all things understood. From the smallest mouse to the largest God and even including a mysterious woman like the Queen of Fae. When he worded it like that, perhaps it wasn't so strange. Kev was just used to the confident and outspoken Cailia he had typically seen for himself. Imagining her in a state of fright...seemed impossible. Smugness faded into an almost apologetic squint, immune as he was to Fear's gaze the emotion of fear did live on inside of his heart. It was just harder at times to stir the feeling in him, compared to the coward he used to be! "Right you are, sir." A bit too cheeky, perhaps. Kev's gaze furrowed quizzically as the ghoul insisted that Cailia really did appreciate his company, even if his powers were not so pleasing. "Hm...good point! She's never been the most...touchy-feely sort of woman. I guess calling you chuckles is how she expresses her affection." Alas, most people were indeed not a fan of Fear's powers and perhaps for a good reason. Still, the alien trilled softly to his partner. "At least that isn't how it goes with me. I like your powers." He deeply appreciated the intricacies of the ghoul's dark powers and respected them.

Yellowed talons rubbed over Kev's skull, eliciting a pleased hum as he leaned into the affection. Stray scales flaked, edged off by the claws and the hum turned into a rumble. Both hands grasped the corpse and gave him a gentle squeeze. Seated upon Fear, leaning into his chest...this felt so nice. "Absolutely!" A tall order but Kev was always ready to assist his guypal! The determination was definitely matched as Fear pledged his devotion to the scaly man, for it was as absolute as death. As reliable as that which claimed most living beings. A dark comparison, but his large blue eyes seemed to sparkle. The large hand over his own felt as snug and perfect as a great glove. His guypal, his partner, his other half. This ghoul was here, for him. Supportive and always ready to help! It was amazing to feel secure in his relationship. A soft sigh escaped him, rubbing his temple against the other's chest. "I love you."

Just as things were beginning to get rather fluffy, leave it to Fear to bring it right back around to being sugar glazed ham! "Second best?!" Huffing and returning his gaze upwards, Kev nevertheless had an amused look to his eye that kept him from seeming actually upset. He only snorted even more as the ghoul revealed what the 'first best' thing on the Breach was. "Huhuhu~! Well, you wouldn't even have that if it wasn't for me! So...in a roundabout way I'm also the first best~!" Who made that tea, after all? But then, Fear taught him the proper way so going down that hole made Fear the first best thing to happen to Fear on the Breach. This was a deep ole rabbit hole. Tilting his head into those nails to facilitate the best scratchies he could get, he considered the suggestion. The day had gone by so fast, and yet so slow at the same time. After the round of psychic surgery, the undead man was no doubt exhausted. Pressing up to plant a small mouthless peck to iron metal with a "Chu~!", the alien nodded his agreement. "Early to bed, early to rise, eh wot? We'll all feel better in the morning!" Tomorrow was another day.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:04 am