Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Summer Nights Filled With Music

Post by Knock Out on Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:27 am

Time: 7:45 PM
    Date: August 12, 0007

This weekend's theme for movies did not quite demand the sort of decorations that past themes had. Aside from a few plastic musical notes plastered to the glass of the concession building, there were no decorations. All trash had been cleared of the area, grass was trimmed, and even the sand had been raked to clear away tire marks and footprints. Of course, that did not mean that Knock Out had not been preparing for this! Aside from researching the movies to be shown, the mech had also typed out the lyrics for the musical numbers and added them to his usual pamphlets that he handed out at the start. So, in addition to a concession menu and the information about the movies and the radio station for those who came in cars, there were several pages folded inside with the song titles and lyrics for anyone that wanted to sing along.

"Good evening!" Smiling widely at one of the customers who was on his way to the concession stand, the mech handed the young man one of the aforementioned pamphlets. "Welcome to the Drive-In and enjoy the show! Feel free to sing along, as long as you don't ruin the experience for anyone else!" And unless the man belted out his show tunes in a screeching, piercing voice, the former medic sincerely doubted that he'd ruin the experience for everyone. Offering a wave as he turned to hand out more papers to the rest of the people that had arrived, Knock Out was feeling...good! The bad movies were funny, but the movies he'd be showing this weekend were probably some of the best, if not the most entertaining. Who could hate musicals?

((OOC note: This thread will be open for anyone who wants to join during the first night of the marathon, and threads are welcome for anyone who wants to go see the other movies. The showtime schedule for these movies are:

• Friday August 12th, Grease and Phantom Of The Opera. Grease starts at 8. After it finishes, a small short film will be played during the intermission to pass the time, allowing a break for concession and bathroom stops. Then, Phantom Of The Opera will start.
    • Saturday August 13th, Labyrinth and Wizard of Oz. Labyrinth will start at 8. The rest of the details are the same as above.
    • Sunday August 14th, The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Little Shop of Horrors. The Rocky Horror Picture Show will start at 8. The rest of the details are the same as above.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Re: Summer Nights Filled With Music

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:36 am

Determined to make good on her promise Nyreena had patiently waited for Knock Out to post the familiar poster on the Bulletin Board and when he finally did she went down and looked it over with great detail to find out what he was playing and at what times they were. Seeing that it was all her favorites she was determined to make it to each one of them. When Friday evening had rolled around the moment she had finished her shift at the store she zoomed home to freshen up so that she would look nice then took off in the air phasing through her apartment wall and flying towards the drive in, wanting so much to keep her vow when she said that she would definitely be one of the first in line for the first showing.

Once she saw the drive in from the sky she quickly made her descent and landed just outside, quickly smoothing out her dress and fixing her hair just so so that it didn't look literally windblown. Smiling a grand smile she strode to the entrance where the medic was passing out pamphlets and greeting the first few people she approached and said, "Hey Knock Out! Here I am just as I promised I would be! I have to say you picked an amazing line up for the weekend! I know that Sunday is going to be quite the show with the Rocky Horror and Little Shop! And since you're playing all my favorites I'm definitely going to be coming to see them all!"
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:07 am

It was very hard to miss the sight of someone streaking across the sky. Once his optics spotted the silhouette, Knock Out could easily guess who it was. Not too many people were known to fly here like that, and Nyreena had arrived like that to the party too. Not to mention the Sanctuary. A metal brow lifted as the young woman landed, and a slight smirk grew upon his face-plates as she walked her way up to entrance. "Better late than never." At least she'd kept her promise this time.

Shuffling the pamphlets within his servoes, Knock Out quickly plucked one out and held it out for the ghost woman to take. Nyreena was quick to express her approval for the movies he had chosen, some of them were her favorites apparently. "Here's hoping everyone else approves of them as well!" He had to agree that Sunday was what he was looking forward to as well. Shifting his weight upon one hip joint, the mech nodded in agreement with a wide grin. "Yes, of all the movies I watched to pick movies for this weekend, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Little Shop of Horrors were definitely my favorites!" That one singing human in the lingerie had a style that he could appreciate! Of course, Jared was definitely great as well. The way he used that ball... "You are welcome to come to all of them, as is anyone!" He leaned back to broadcast that to the other customers. Just a little wink-wink-nudge-nudge! "Admission is free, after all."

Turning back to the blue haired ghost, Knock Out cleared his throat lightly. "Sorry, just a little bit of advertisement." He shrugged his metal shoulders, metal bits bobbing in place. Can't blame a guy for trying to drum up interest! The more people that come, the more hungry mouths that buy food from the concession stand. Seeing how Nyreena flew in rather than drove in, a metal arm swept to the side to gesture around the Drive-In. Scattered around, out of the way of the car's parking spots were tables and chairs. The typical plastic kind you'd see out on someone's lawn, though some were wooden and with a soft padding. Even after a year of operation, they were all in good shape. Not a single chip or crack! "Feel free to sit wherever you want! I always find the perfect spot to be by the concession stand." Indeed, the only little building on the plot of land was smack dab in the center of the property, pointed directly at the screen. It housed the projector, as well as the bathrooms and of course, the snacks. Very useful for most organics to be close to, though Nyreena was a ghost...did they... Ah, no need to ponder that!
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:30 pm

Watching as Knock Out shuffled the pamphlets in his hand and hand one over to her Nyreena continued to smile and took it, glancing it over for a few moments as the red mech hoped that everyone else approved of what he picked out as well. Adding that he was looking forward to Sunday as well and that Rocky Horror and Little Shop were definitely his favorites the ghost's smile quickly grew bigger and replied, "I know, right? I have to be honest I love watching those two over and over again, as well as the others but those two are in their own special category for certain." Her smile never wavering as Knock Out leaned back to broadcast the invite and that admission was indeed free. Waving her hand to say that it was alright about the apology she said, "It's alright. Besides, more advertisement means more business."

Then watching as Knock Out swept his arm to show her where she could sit and where the best spot to sit was Nyreena nodded and adding a wink of her own she said, "Thanks. I'll be sure to stake out a good seat over there so that I can get the best view possible for the movies." Waving to say that she would see him later she made her way over, scoping out which spot she wanted at the tables, finding the wooden ones to be more preferable. Of course, she needed to make a quick stop at the concessions before getting a seat. And no worries Knock Out, no bathroom breaks needed for a ghost like her. Just one of the great advantages of being a ghost.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:59 pm

Knock Out nodded his helm in full agreement. "Indeed, those two are in a genre of their own!" Campy, a little scary, and definitely not for sparklings. The songs were also quite catchy! "Since you watch them over and over, I imagine you know the lyrics by heart." The mech himself could pick out a few lyrics from the movies he had chosen for this weekend, but only after writing down the lyrics did he really put them to memory. A wry chuckle bubbled out of the mech, smirking to himself. "And there's nothing wrong with more business!" Now that he actually owned a place of business, Knock Out had found himself advertising for this place as much as he could!

"You're welcome! Always happy to help a customer." Personally, he quite liked having the little seating area. In a place like Portal Breach, sometimes it seemed that owning a car was uncommon. Most of the citizens had their own ways of getting around, such as Nyreena's flight. Creating seating areas for those who came without cars was a good way of bringing in business. Watching the ghost woman leave, he waved back at her before turning back to a few more people who had entered the establishment, greeting them with a smile. "Welcome to the Portal Breach Drive In, Grease will start shortly..."
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:52 pm

When Knock Out agreed with her that Rocky Horror and Little Shop where in a genre all of their own Nyreena happily smiled and said, "Then it's perfect that you grouped them together for the finale on Sunday. I can't wait to see who will show up to see it and get dressed up for it because I know that there will be a few that will." It was true whenever it was shown back home in New York so it had to be the same here. Unable to stop herself from sheepishly smile at the next remark she nodded and answered, "Yeah, I have, pretty much with all the movies that are going to be show. But I really don't have a....really good singing voice but I'll be sure to hum along to all the songs. I sort of....had a bit of an accident last year while watching The Spine perform in the park and a kid's toy airplane so I've been kind of avoiding singing in public in case it happens again." Hearing the chuckle come out of him and agree that there was nothing wrong with more business she nodded and said, "I couldn't have said it better myself!"

Seeing Knock Out wave back to her Nyreena was getting even more excited for Grease to get started. After getting her snacks from the concessions, as well as saying hi to Marissa and Spenst at the same time, she made her over to the wooden chairs and tables and staking out an empty one that was next to an empty table. Setting her stuff down and setting the chair the way she wanted it she sat down and got comfortable just as Knock Out announced that Grease would be starting shortly. Quickly getting happy she settled herself even more and waited for the event to begin.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Knock Out steepled his fingers and gave a jokingly devious smirk. "All part of my evil plan..." The only downside was that Grease and Phantom of the Opera didn't quite go hand in hand like tonight's and tomorrow's showings. They both had romance and that was about the only similarity. Music styles were definitely different. Ah well, perhaps Friday could be considered an 'off' night. As for singing, Nyreena at first had a rather understandable reason for not wanting to sing along. Not everybody could be confident in their ability to sing, after all! But somewhere around an incident with a toy plane, the ghost woman had lost the mech. His metal brows furrowed, mouth pursing as he tried to make sense of it.

"Wait, you don't sing because...you had an accident with a toy airplane?" Turning his helm left, then right, the former Decepticon abruptly shrugged. "I don't see any planes here. If it was an accident like you said, then there's no reason to think it'll happen again!" He paused for a moment. "Well, not unless you broke a mirror." 7 years bad luck could probably add up to a lot of accidents with toy airplanes. "Good thing I said it~." With a confident grin, Knock Out puffed up like a proud peacock.

Parting ways, Knock Out continued to greet new customers and hand out his papers. Once he'd made his rounds and had no more pamphlets to give, he'd worked up quite a thirst! With thudding footsteps muffled in the sand, Knock Out shuffled to the concession stand and greeted his employees before ordering himself a cube of energon. Claiming a spot in the projection booth, he flipped a switch and set the movie into motion. Taking a satisfied sip of his drink, the white screen was filled up with the Paramount logo, an eager crescendo that built up over time was projected over the speakers as little stars soared over a long mountain peak. Thankfully quite brief, the first scene of the movie was set on a beach as a song began to play. Waves crashed upon rocks and the shore, where a young couple was running hand in hand.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Unable to help but lightly laugh at Knock Out's actions Nyreena replied, "You wicked mech you! Now I'm really looking forward to Sunday!" Seeing the familiar look on the mech's face when he was trying to figure out what she meant she explained in a bit more detail, "To be honest I really don't know how it all really happened myself. I was just singing along to the part where The Spine wanted the audience to sing and the next thing I knew the toy plane was hitting me in the head very hard and sending me into the ground. It was really the freakiest thing that could ever happen." Thinking that he was right and that it wasn't going to happen again she was about to agree when Knock Out suggested that she broke a mirror the ghost's eyes quickly grew a bit bigger and said, [color=#B2FFFF]"Oh, no no. That's the last thing I would ever do. I need a mirror for my line of work and to break one would definitely devastate me. Though I am a ghost I am superstitious about some things." Then agreeing with the earlier statement she added, "Though you're right that there's no reason to think that it's going to happen again. So I guess I'll be singing along the best I can throughout the show." Watching the mech puff up Nyreena nodded in agreement, knowing that nothing else could be said to that.

After Knock Out took his leave Nyreena only had to wait a short while before the film started up and the movie night began. Smiling happily as the familiar filming company's logo appeared then disappeared before the opening scene began and she sighed happily at the sight of Danny and Sandy as they were running down the beach hand in hand then as they were spending their time together while being wonderfully in love. Then came the cartoon credit scene which was something that she always forgot about so it made her slightly jump a bit when it first appeared. But it was good credit scene nonetheless.

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:36 am