#4 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 35, 42
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Re: I Just Came to Crash the Party

Post by Universal NPC on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:37 am

BANG! BANG!

Miller and Bigsby stood facing each other, guns at the ready and pointed towards each other, yet in the aftermath is was Miller's gun that was smoking... And Brigsby's gun that was silent.The latter of their two looked on in shock, as red stains wetly spread from where they grazed his arm. "Y-you shot me!" He exclaimed, surprise overpowering any sense of anger or betrayal at the friendly fire. "Yeah, 'cause you were going to shoot me, asshole!" Miller spat back through his bloodied lips. "And I'm gonna shoot you again!"

Another three rounds tore from Miller's new gun, headed straight for Brigsby's chest. He did not have time to waste on trusting whether or not the old man was going to try and gun him down again.

Though he only managed to land one solid hit into the undead's skull, the way that his jaw hung after it was dislocated brought a terrible grin to his face. It felt good to have finally hurt this creature, this thing that had killed his father. However, his victory was as brief as his assault, from in the next instant he felt sharp, long talons piercing his chest and throwing him into the wall. Fire raced through his ribs, his flesh sloughing from them like wet plaster to stain his shirt in disgusting browns and greens.

He could barely register what happened before it hiss. Junior swore he heard a smile in its voice, as it pointed the business end of his 12-guage in his face and fired. Red splattered the tavern wall, and his body slumped to the ground in a growing pool of his own blood.

Three men were now reduced to two.

The sound of a shotgun's thunder stopped Miller in his tracks, his gun smoking from finishing what was started with Brigsby. What he saw made his face pale; Junior's head was split like a ripe melon, and that towering, emaciated berserker was still standing. Between the both of them, Miller knew how much of a chance they had at fighting this thing and living to tell the tale.

Thus, the oil baron did what he knew best.

He pointed the muzzle of the gloc at Brigsby's knee, firing one more time with a sharp bang before tearing off for the kitchen. Maybe it would take the time to kill Dick before it went after him, and earn him a little time to escape?

Miller
    HP: 150/95
    ACTION: Shooting Brigsby before retreating for the kitchen! First set 3c/3d, second set; flip a coin if HIT, Brigsby is immobilized

Mr. McGrubben
    HP: 150/0

ACTION: DEAD!

Dick Brisgby
    HP: 150/137 -9
    ACTION: None

Meyers Sr.

Meyers Jr.

Fight Music:

Last edited by Universal NPC on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:37 am

The member 'Universal NPC' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 9, 6, 2

#3 'Coin Flip' :
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:33 am

Three down, two to go.

In the time it took for him to kill Junior, Miller had already set to work on trying to kill Brigsby off. It would have been an admirable endeavor, if not for how poor the man's aim was at gunning down his ex-companion. If it was not clear earlier on that Miller only kept the gun on him for show, the fact that only one bullet managed to hit Brigsby solidified how little Miller practiced with the weapon.

Mortis reeled to face the two remaining sinners, terror transfixed upon their faces upon realizing that they were the only ones left. He could sense the fear in their thoughts, and the scheming that rapidly flicked through Miller's mind. He was one of the most powerful people out here for a reason. A pity he did not think to have them meet somewhere more secure. Regardless, it took only an instant for him to bury a bullet in Dick's leg before hightailing it for the kitchen.

Foolish.

Regardless, Mortis did not tear after him, at least not yet. There was still one more nuisance to deal with this evening. The ghoul quickly popped open the shotgun once more, talons swiftly removing the spent shell he had used upon Junior before replacing it with a fresh one. The moment the chamber clicked shut again, Mortis swiftly stepped towards Dick with his lengthy stride, and firmly pressed the twin barrels against his heaving chest.

BAROOM!
    BAROOM!

Smoke and thunder erupted from the executioner's tool, and in the same instant he gave chase to the retreating Miller. The butt of his gun was wielded like a club through the air, as he brought it down ruthlessly upon the back of the man's blonde head.

Mortis

DP: 65/17.5
    HP: 650/650
    AP: 120/39

Power: None
    Weapon: Ashleen Personal Security (firearm); 1c/2d per shot, 1c/1d per strike
    Cooldown: Domination, 3 turns
    Target: In succession; Dick Brigsby, Miller

Action: Finishing off Brigsby before dealing with Miller
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:33 am

The member 'Mortis' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 33, 30, 12, 24

#3 'Coin Flip' :

#4 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 12, 60
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:51 am

"AAUGH! Brigsby fell to the floor as a bullet tore into his leg, the second one that had managed to land in him since Miller decided that he would rather shoot him than help him. However, such matters quickly became trivial, as Miller suddenly booked it away from him and towards where the kitchen was located, racing past the counter and the bar maid that was still cowering behind it.

It was only a miracle, Brigsby deduced, that he survived as he did. He felt the cold steel of the shotgun push into him, but with the pain from the bullets earlier, it managed to push him over before the trigger was pulled. Two large federal slugs ripped into the wooden flooring, tearing a wide hole in the slats instead of ripping his chest apart.

Adrenaline  coursed through him as he hit the ground, watching as the towering corpse gave chase. He had to get to his feet, he had to get out of here and get home... Slowly, he managed to get himself upright, and started to crawl, dragging his crippled leg behind him.

Miller could hear the creature catching up behind him, feel the chill that radiated off of him. It took only a moment, a breath for that freak to catch him. Miller's grip tightened upon his gun, but he never got a chance to use it.

CRACK!

Bone yielded under hard wood, and Miller gave a sharp yelp and figured his skull was effectively split. His body crumpled to the ground with a thud right before the kitchen door, yet another new wound bleeding freely on the back of his head and matting his blonde hair. And hand shakily rose to cover the back of his head as he turned around, running on pure reflex and adrenaline.

Blindly he pointed his gun in the direction of his attacker, and unloaded the rest of the clip into him.

Miller
    HP: 150/35 -60
    ACTION: Unloading his clip into Mortis 6c/6d

Mr. McGrubben

Dick Brisgby
    HP: 150/137
    ACTION: Crawling to safety

Meyers Sr.

Meyers Jr.

Fight Music:

Last edited by Universal NPC on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:04 am; edited 2 times in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:51 am

The member 'Universal NPC' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 6, 2, 4, 8, 2, 7
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:07 am

However Brigsby managed to still be alive was likely a secret only lady luck knew. Regardless, Dick was not going to be traveling anywhere fast with a blown knee. He could be left to suffer a little longer while he finished off the rowdier member of this gathering of rats. Not only had he thought it wise to leave Dick behind while he ran for his own life, now he had the audacity to unload the rest of his clip into Mortis' host!

Three new holes were torn into his already dilapidated body, the overcoat upon his back looking more like cheese than fabric.

Mortis managed to duck aside as three more bullets were blindly sent his way, a low hiss escaping him. The man's fear was absolutely delicious, and his suffering exquisite. Once the gun's bark of powder and lead died to a sharp click of an empty clip, the ghoul laughed as he set a rotten, leathery foot upon the man's chest, taking his time reloading as he watched him suffer upon the floor.

"Ssssss... Have you not learned, Miller? You cannot kill what doesss not live." he hissed, a grin present in his voice. the spent casings of his earlier attempt to finish off Brigsby clattering to the floor. Two new slugs were loaded into the chambers, and with a dull click the shotgun's twin barrels were once again trained upon him, pushing against his chin.

"Now, die." He rasped, and squeezed the triggers.

BAROOM!
    BAROOM!

Mortis

DP: 65/11.5
    AP: 120/33

Weapon: Ashleen Personal Security (firearm); 1c/2d per shot
    Cooldown: Domination, 2 turns
    Target: Miller

Action: Dealing with Miller
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:07 am

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 13, 51, 22, 18
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:01 am

The clip was emptied, bullets tore into the undead that towered over him, and yet there was not a single flinch to be seen from the corpse as he ducked aside from the onslaught of lead. Once again, all of his work, all of his planning, and the only thing it earned him was once again staring down the barrel of that damned gun and that fiend looming over him.

"I fucking hate you." He spat from beneath the cadaver's heel. He hated how it gloated, he hated how it effortlessly slew his men, and made a mockery of his plans. Though there was one thing the man knew, though he would die, there would always be someone to take his place, someone else to take up the reigns of his empire of black gold, fire, and blood.

He was merely one head upon the hydra.

The trigger was pulled, and his snarling face was ripped apart upon the tavern floor. Further away, Brigsby cringed at the sound, and made it a point to crawl faster towards the counter. Maybe if this thing could not see him... He glanced back at his leg, and the stark trail of red that it left behind him. Even if he did find someplace to hide, he would still be found. No, he needed to do something more drastic, something to make this thing stop and think.

The woman cowering behind the counter made the gears in his head turn in a sinister fashion. Dick's hands clapped against the wood as he made his way over to the barkeeper, who remained huddled against the shelves. her eyes were screwed shut, her hands were over her ears. So far as she could tell, so long as she remained quiet and still, she would be fine.

Oh how wrong she was.

A bloodied hand slipped over her mouth, and he tucked her firmly to his chest with the gun pressed into her crimson hair.  "Y-you better think twice before coming over here!" He hollered from behind the counter. "One wrong move, and I'll take her head off!" She knew better than to struggle against the gun in his hand, though her earlier fright turned to hysterics, as tears began to stream down her face.

Miller

Mr. McGrubben

Dick Brisgby
    HP: 150/137
    ACTION: Holding a hostage! No attacks

Meyers Sr.

Meyers Jr.

Fight Music:

Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:35 am

Well well, what a surprise. The last thing he thought to see in Brigsby's thoughts was a hostage situation. Mortis removed his now bloodied foot from Miller's chest, turning to make his way over to the desperate man. He had been a respectable adversary, his perverse methods of getting what he wanted admirable. However, the chase ended just as the undead superfiend imagined it would. No, the ghoul lacked the the ability of precognition, but after having come across Miller so often, Mortis grew intimat with his thoughts, and Miller quickly became very predictable. Red trailed behind the counter, to where Dick had snatched up the barkeeper and now held his gun fervently against her head.

"Y-you better think twice before coming over here! One wrong move, and I'll take her head off!"

"Sssss... Do not try my patience, Dick Brigsssby. Ceassse thessse gamess and die with dignity." Mortis hissed, his shotgun hanging limply at his side, smoke trailing from the barrel. He did not care whether this woman lived or died, in fact, he cared more about how quickly she died if anything. But the gun remained despite his unimpressed gravel. Tears of fear ran down the woman's face, her thoughts racing as quickly as her heartbeat. "I do not care whether the woman livesss or diesss, you are all sssinnersss to me." He rasped, holstering his gun between his belt and leathers.

It was a fact he held no qualms in demonstrating, as his claws flexed for but a mere fraction of a second before he rushed in. In the time it took to blink, Mortis was upon Dick Brigsby, his towering form looking over him. One hand lashed out to grasp his neck, rotting the flesh on contact as his talons dug into him, the second shooting forward like lightning to rip through his chest and tear out his pounding heart.

Mortis

DP: 65/11.5
    AP: 120/25

Weapon: Touch of Mortis 1c/3d per attack
    Cooldown: Domination, 1 turns
    Target: Dick Brigsby

Action: Rushing in to deal with Dick Brigsby
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:35 am

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 47, 36, 47, 1, 18, 27
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:07 am

He watched as the creature that had single-handedly destroyed their group turned to him, blood splattered upon his legs and feet. He quickly gulped down the growing lump in his throat, a sensation of dread creeping over him. He could see how the pits of his eye sockets burned with red, never missing a beat as he came to stand before him. There was no stress to be seen upon the corpse's form, not a twinge of fear for the woman, or hesitation as he came to reply to him.

If anything he just sounded irritated that Dick would try to stall his work.

He did not care about the woman, he did not care about whether she lived or died. He saw them as all the same, sinners. Something about that level of indiscriminate killing sent a shiver down his spine, as he kept the gun pressed against the barkeep's head, as if it would suddenly do anything to change the undead's mind within the next few seconds.

"I-I'll do it! D-d-don't push me!" He yelled again, though his earlier resolve, what little he had, was quickly falling from his voice. He barely had time to gasp when it came after him, a rancid, rotting hand latched firmly around his throat. The other came just as quickly, though it did not merely punch the flesh and bone aside as it did disintegrate flesh and bone respectively to dust and tender mulch on contact as its talons pushed themselves further in.

"Ngh-!" His eyes bugged from their sockets, Dick's face growing more gaunt and corpse-like by the second. At once he could feel his heart being squeezed and withered all at once, before being snapped vein-by-vein out of his chest with a harsh tug.

The woman screamed at the sudden assault, the gun dropping reflexively from Dick's hand as he slumped in the living corpse's grip. She pulled herself away from both corpse and undead as quickly a she could, adrenaline knocking the sense she needed to run for the tavern's kitchen a few minutes late.

Meanwhile, the jukebox, as if having noticed the conflict having reached its end, played the last few notes of the hopping rock beat, before it sparked and groaned it's dying breath. Now the tavern was silent save for the frightened breathing of what patrons remained huddled under the table, as a number of them thought to flee as the fight got underway and Mortis no longer had blocked the front door with his person.

Miller

Mr. McGrubben

Dick Brisgby

Meyers Sr.

Meyers Jr.

Fight Music:

Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:04 am

All of his fronting, all of his unconfident posturing, yet all that Dick's hastily made-up scheme granted him was a swifter death than anyone else he had set his wrath upon in this tavern. Now, The Twice Tied Snake was littered with corpses, along with a red splatter upon one wall and a putrid mess of what was once a man jammed into another. All in all, it was a fine night's work...

"AIIIIIIIEEE!"

Albeit completely thankless, as the barkeep opted to run off to the kitchen instead of thank the undead superfiend for sparing a bullet in her skull. Though the urge to chase her down and kill her as he did the rest of the group that had come to meet in this bar, the ghoul willed himself to abstain. He came here for those five, and only those five men. His brother would not appreciate if he decided to add the number of simple farmers and the couple who ran the establishment to the number of kills he wracked up in his hunt. No, he had to be careful, he had to be certain who he killed was worth the work, and would not come back to bite him in his bony ass later.

These five, were far better off dead than alive.

Although Miller's final thoughts before he messily met his end made him ponder. The man had a point, for every thug he brought down, with his empire of ill-gotten oil... There would only be another to rise up and act as the head of his work. A man like Miller would not be so stupid as to not put a contingency plan in place in the event that something happened, was he? Part of him said no, but as he glanced back towards the steadily oozing corpse just in front of the kitchen... Another part of him was steadily growing more adamant in saying yes.

He let his power and success get to his head. He came to meet with his friends without considering a location that was more secret, more secure. He knew he was being hunted like the four others who came here, but essentially set himself and the rest of them up to be culled. A yellowed talon rose to tap his chin thoughtfully.

Perhaps it was for a reason, he considered. The heart he had ripped out was held up as if to inspect, as it quickly turned to a pile of dust in his hands, and then discarded. Yet, suspicion meant nothing without evidence, and in his fervor Mortis did not consider to spare Miller's mind to pick through postmortem. "Ssssss..."

In the meantime, the ghoul reached down to his utility belt, confident in the numerous fearful thoughts that filled the bar that none would come to attack him while he searched. Soon a handful of credits were deposited upon the countertop, each of the thin plastic chips bearing a hefty worth. It was enough to cover cleaning up the tavern, he presumed.

Whenever the two tavern keepers decided to come out from hiding in the kitchen.

After, he slipped out through the broken doors, silent as a breeze. Outside, to where a very discontent Samhain stood waiting.

You said soon! She complained to his thoughts, her ears tilted back and tail swishing like a whip behind her. Master had told her she could kill them soon! That she could be of use this evening! Where were her bodies, her drumming life-filled victims to rip apart with glee?! To top it off, there were little thudding, glowing things running out the door that she was not allowed to chase and catch. What a terrible evening this turned out to be. Her master approached, a soothing sensation sent across their bond between rider and undead horse.

"Yesss, yesss I did. Perhapsss another time you can kill with me, hm?" He softly gravelled, rasping the revenant draft mare by the reigns and stroking her decayed snout. "But, you have earned sssomething for being ssso obedient thisss evening." He hissed dotingly, giving the side of her cheek a soft pat. Immediately her ears perked, knowing it could mean only one thing.

Good Sammy? Treats? She suggested, her earlier irritation abandoned as her tail stopped flicking and laid still behind her. her undead horsey thoughts were atwitter with the anticipation of getting something for doing little except standing around by the back door as asked. Mortis seemed to agree, nodding his head as he reached into another of his pouches and retrieved a zipped plastic baggy of sugar cubes, a hole having breached the top of it during the conflict, undoutedly from a stray bullet. Regardless, there were still plenty of cubes to be had, as Mortis tipped the bag over and deposited a trio of glittering white cubes into his hand among a dusting of powdered sugar from the ones that were blown apart by the stray bullet. The moment they were offered, the mare happily snapped them up, her lips flexing as if trying to grip the morsels as she did in life.

"Yesss, good girl. Good Ssssammy." Mortis rasped fondly, giving her a pat on the head. The powdered sugar from the broken cubes stuck to her teeth like a saccharine mustache, though she either did not seem to pay it much mind or did not know it was there. Messy girl, but still his preferred steed when out and about, especially on a hunt. He gave one last pat to her neck as he walked around to her side, griping her back as he swung himself up into the saddle.

Then, just as quickly as they had come, both rider and horse vanished as they galloped off into a steadily growing cloud of mist.

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:35 am