65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A Good Day For A Show

Post by Zurg on Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:28 am

"Looks like Kev's stinky flame knows how to have a great time~!"

Look at Jo, throwing a bit of low key shade his way.

As tempting as it was to ignore her little remark, Zurg had never been known to pass up a good antagonistic opportunity. "Oh, and like I don't?" he quipped right back, a hand upon his chest. "Jo, you wound me! You of all people should know that I, the ex-Evil Emperor Zurg, can throw one heck of a party. Y-You're just trying to get my moozle, like always!" Sexy fantasies aside, puh... See this nose, the one that you couldn't see? Yes, it knew quite well when those womanly ways were excited, thank you. Bathing every day wouldn't kill her...

But yes, those points aside, Kev and Livewire's performance was rather heartwarming. Not necessarily how Zurg would have gone about telling the story, but what can you do when a child is the editor? He shrugged at the 'spoilsport' comment, knowing better than to argue. "What can I say?" said the monarch. "I bring doses of reality to those who desperately need it, hint hint." Return package to a Miss Jo Pistonne~! It's your previous shade. There is where Zurg would have normally patted himself on the back for a jab well done, but wouldn't you just know it? Jo had the audacity to bring up live birth on top of Uriel's boisterous performance! You know what this means... Shouting competition! "Oh, like you're one to talk!" he scoffed loudly. "Out of all the women I know, you are the most - " BOOM " - terrified - " FWOOSH " - squeamish - " BANG " - and, not to mention, disgusted - " KRAKOW " - person when it comes to - " CRACKLE " - ARHGHGHG, KEEP IT DOWN UP IN FRONT. CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M TRYING TO HAVE AN ARGUMENT WITH MY GIRLFRIEND!?" No respect from kids these days, oi! Ugh, whatever... Zurg rolled those red eyes of his while fanning a dismissive hand Uriel's direction. You heard one big boom, you've heard them all. "Yes, yes... showstopper, blast from the past, etc. The point is, Jo, you are like the last person to talk about live birth! Besides, we're not even genetically compatible!"

"HWAAAAAARGH!"

Whoa, talk about a sudden spike in anxiety. Zurg nearly forgot what he was bickering about. "Craters, that was unexpected..." Oh hey, it was none other than his co-worker, Rassafrassa! Er, was he... was he shirtless? Definitely never going to look at Rasa the same way ever again.

Following in a similar vein to Uriel's performance and the ones before his, the massive worting brute put his heart and soul into... into... well, whatever it was that Rasa was doing! "I'll give him props," Zurg commented, snapping his fingers. "It takes a lot of courage stomping on stage wearing nothing but a miniskirt." Culturally insensitive remark aside, the monarch gave a round of applause as his fellow botanist took a bow. Next up was a rather dapper-looking robot who called themselves The Spine (were there other body parts too?), and look! They sported a very spiffy guitar. "...Steam Powered Giraffe?" Zurg let that sink in for a moment. "Huh. I guess that's how kids stand out these days." It was sort of like evil marketing.

"Hello, Central Park! My name's The Spine and I'm a former member of a group of singing, musical automatons known back home as Steam Powered Giraffe. This is a little ditty I wrote not too long ago; it's called 'Home.' Enjoy."

H-Home...?

Sure enough, The Spine sang. And they sang, and they sang, and they sang. It was an... interesting ditty, to say the least. Slow at first, soothing to the ear, and easy to follow along. Not for very long, however, as soon the tempo sped up, The Spine's song meant for additional voices but nonetheless carried by one. Incomplete or not, the message was still the same: home. A fledgling spark waned.

It took all of Zurg's willpower to not show his discomfort. He sat there straight-faced, eyes blank and tongue kept firmly in place. Really, it was a lovely song. There wasn't a doubt about The Spine's vocal prowess, but it was just... a little too close to home, savvy? Portal Breach was home, for better or worse, and yet... it wasn't. The phenomenon was all very hard to explain. Regardless, the monarch clapped and was relieved for the song's conclusion; not out of spite or distaste, but out of memories better left buried in the past. Finally, the last performer waltzed up and it was none other thaaaan... "Oh boy, here we go," Zurg murmured.

Discord.

A lucky few, he said.

A suggestive trance, he said.

Need volunteers, he said.

"Yes, and I'm a fluffy bunny." The horned alien crossed his arms, not buying it. "I would feel sorry for those volunteering their bodies, but... that would just be excusing their poor decision-making, right?" Either way, it ought to be entertaining.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Discord
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Discord on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:24 pm

((A'IGHT, I'M STILL ALIVE, IT'S FINALLY DONE, LE'S DO DIS. I'm going to be vaguely basing this all off of a hypnotist I got to watch last November, so if it seems familiar, then maybe we've seen the same guy. Watching people go on a trip to Mars was fun… But I digress.))

As predicted, some people were rather sheepish about submitting themselves to his control. There were, however, several volunteers at least curious enough to offer their minds. They would not be disappointed. He eagerly motioned for the first boy to raise his hand to take the stage, and he was soon followed by a little green…alien? and Arro the ambulance/dragon (despite wanting to dismiss that entire escapade as myth, he had not forgotten about it). Discord was already sizing them up when he said, "If you two would line up center-stage with Rosie here… Arro you may want to stand behind them."

Once his request was adequately fulfilled, he turned his back mostly to the audience in order to address his volunteers. "First step of course is placing you in a suggestive trance. All you need to do on your part is relax, clear your mind, and listen carefully to my words and the sound of my voice." He then turned to address the audience again. "Once they are under the trance, do not hesitate to cheer them on when appropriate. As amateur performers, it can be daunting to suddenly take the stage, so encouragement is appreciated. Until they are under the trance, however, complete silence from you all is necessary."

Without further ado, he turned back to those onstage. No signature snap or signal introduced it, but as Discord began to speak, a soothing sort of music to help relax those on stage began wafting through the air. (It was mostly for show, but it didn't hurt anything either.) The draconequus's voice was lowered and steadied from its typically bombastic tone into one much more gentle, meant to pervade the senses with greater ease. "As you all know, you have been recruited for a truly remarkable opportunity; the world's first fully operational time machine has been invented, and you four have been chosen for your special skills and abilities to go on a trip back in time…" He walked along the row of volunteers as he spoke, his now swirling yellow and red eyes meeting each of theirs in turn. The moment they made eye contact, they would perhaps begin to be lulled into that trance Discord had promised; feeling even more relaxed, everything surrounding his voice beginning to blur, perhaps even noticing that the world was beginning to gray a little… Nothing particularly threatening, seeing as it likely felt as if one were falling asleep while standing. They needn't worry about toppling over, however, seeing as they weren't genuinely sleeping. Rosie the deer swayed slightly as her trance was renewed, her ears drooping.

"The trip to the past isn't an easy or quick one, however, so you'll be in stasis for most of the trip… So close your eyes… Let the stasis take hold…" Little Rosie did exactly as commanded, her grey-tinged eyes fluttering shut and her rest of her head drooping as her ears had. She simply seemed to have fallen asleep standing up. "The captain has entered your coordinates; you can faintly hear the sound of the buttons, then the hatch closes…" He waited for a moment, verifying that his brave adventurers were all successfully entranced. If any were found to somehow have evaded his influence, they would certainly be quietly evicted from the stage.

Now that that was all out of the way, the real fun could begin… Having successfully hypnotized his subjects, Discord's voice was able to lose some of that overly-dramatic, purposefully-soothing stage depth, returning mostly to normal, but not jarringly so. "Time flies when you're peacefully sleeping doesn't it? You've arrived at your destination, and are waking up from your stasis. Why not open your eyes and go outside for a look around?" Upon opening their eyes, the volunteers would see the inside of their time machine. It would be very much like a dream; they would find themselves able to move about and interact with their surroundings even on the off chance that they didn't actually move themselves, and each of them would be seeing something somewhat different from the person next to him. The results in both areas tended to vary. Some people interacted fully with their surroundings in a way that looked to outsiders like pantomime, while others only provided their reactions as if everything were being done for them at will. The perceived dangers around them would still be apparent, if not for the same reasons—for example, the edge of a stage becoming a short cliff or the edge of a rolling river. Their only limits in what they saw were their subconscious minds. As such, and rather unfortunately for her, Rosie—as intelligent as she was—had no clue what a time machine even was, so it was hard to imagine she was seeing anything terribly exciting yet… However, upon seeing her duck her head in a way that seemed as if she were pushing something out of the way—a door, perhaps—Discord hastily continued. "Welcome to the prehistoric world of the dinosaurs! You've travelled back millennia and now get to see the world as it was before it was civilized by anything other than—" he glanced at Arro "—well, dinosaurs. Oh look, here comes a friendly triceratops now…" Rosie had been looking around with her tail and ears up and alert until he mentioned that particular detail, at which she made a squeak and ducked behind Arro and the others. Better safe than sorry, eh? "Looks like he's trying to say hello. He can't speak basic, but surely some well-learned adventurers like the bunch of you can speak dinosaur?" Rosie wasn't about to step forward and try, but even a firm 'rawr' from any of the others would earn praise from Discord.

After a moment of attempted communication, however; "Oh, well maybe he isn't so interested in conversation after all. He's leaving now. Ah well, at least you got to meet with one of the locals, eh? Not too bad for a bunch of amateurs. And would you look at that marvelous prehistoric sunset… Perhaps it's time to head back to the present day. Head on back into that time machine, buckle up, and get ready to go back into stasis." Rosie merely wandered back to her previous position on the stage, having no further use for doors herself as a feral animal. Or seat belts, for that matter… In any case, once they all appeared to be ready to take off back to the present, "Stasis initiated, time to go back home. Close your eyes..." Rosie's head drooped once more, her eyes closed peacefully. By now, they were in a deep enough trance that they would likely even be able to hear the sounds of the time machine taking off before sinking fully into "stasis."

Before telling them to wake up, this time Discord casually circled them once. As his head ducked as he passed behind them, it was hard to tell whether he was actually doing anything at all. The little green bug alien fella', however, would know otherwise; the faintest whisper of 'it's you' was quiet enough to be heard only by him. What, you thought the act would end there? Tsk tsk.

"All in all, I'd say that trip went rather smoothly, wouldn't you agree? It doesn't seem like anytime at all has passed, but here we are. The stasis is wearing off, and it's time to be greeted by your adoring fans… They've been anxiously awaiting your safe return to the present." Rosie repeated her motion to exit the time machine, stepped forward a pace or two, puffed out her chest, and waved her little hoof to the crowd. Though she was now actively looking between the different people out in the crowd, it was somewhat apparent from her still hazy grey-tinged eyes that she had not been released from Discord's trance. Oddly enough, her 'adoring fans' were all deer—not that that was obvious to anyone else. The first doe to time travel… What an accomplishment! Discord, meanwhile, had turned to the audience with a wink, suddenly holding a sign with the word APPLAUSE in bold black letters up over his head with both hands. Adoring fans, now was you time to shine, and surely our talented time travelers would lap up the attention!

After several generous moments of basking in the glory of their return, Discord decided it was high time to move the plot along. His sign vanished with a tame flash and he turned back to address his volunteers yet again. "Yes, you've all done marvelously, and no one will ever forget you. You've become so popular, in fact, that someone has decided to make your adventure into a stage musical! How thoughtful. And, as the stars of the story, you four have front row tickets to the performance. They're calling it Prehistoric World: The Musical! And seeing as this was all essentially a dream, there would be no agonizing wait for opening night. "Doesn't that sound like fun. Grab your popcorn and enjoy the show! Or, try to, at least. The casting is horrendously off… And it would seem as if they may have taken a few, ehm, creative liberties, if you will, with the story in general… I'm pretty sure you just died dramatically in Arro's arms," he explained, nudging the boy to indicate who he was talking to. After a few moments of glancing between his volunteers for their reactions to whatever spectacle they were undoubtedly seeing, the draconequus bit his lip. "So the show was a bit of a bust… But fear not, as honorary members of the crew, you've been invited to the cast party afterwards! And the best part? It looks like they have quite the dance floor set up… Why not show these 'drama nerds' some of your superior dance moves?" The background music which had previously been quite soothing now picked up, a lively tune now playing for not only those on stage but the whole audience as well. Discord had broken out his applause sign again and was incorporating it into some rather flamboyant dance moves of his own, twirling it about and sliding it across his shoulders. Rosie seemed more than eager to dance along to such a beat, trotting in place and swaying her head, occasionally throwing in a little twirl or kick.

All good things must come to an end, however, and their journey still had one more twist to get through before their little group could call it a day. The music died down once again to its previous atmospheric humming, and Discord's sign vanished. He gave them all some applause of his own. "And the crowd goes wild… You sure showed them up, eh? The party's winding down now, looks as if everyone's ready to go home. But…" He paused for dramatic effect after the firm word, passing a suspicious gaze over the group. "I'm afraid there's yet another shenanigan to be had because now it has become clear that one of you has been keeping a secret… Rosie gasped and looked down the row at the others, her gaze somewhat fearful.

Discord slowly approached the little green guy he had whispered to earlier. "It's you, isn't it?" Before anyone could react overly adversely to this, however, Discord continued. "It would seem our little green friend here has brought home a dinosaur's egg with him!" he finished dramatically. "Care to show off your treasure? Oh my, and it would seem as if it is hatching as we speak!" Now that'd be something to tell the grandcolts about! Rosie jumped back from the whole spectacle, obviously not too keen on encountering any more dinosaurs. At least she didn't ironically hide behind the friendly neighborhood dragon this time; evidently the thought of a baby dinosaur wasn't as horrifying as the bigger ones. "Aw, congratulations! It would seem as if you're the father of an adorable little baby T-Rex! What're you gonna name it?" Whatever it was, he was contractually obligated to support the choice whole-heartedly. "Lovely."

With all that said and done, Discord yawned and stretched. "Weeeell, I'd say that it's been a pretty long day, wouldn't you? Time for everyone to get a good night's sleep… So go ahead, settle down… Get comfortable, and drift off into a peaceful sleep… You'll know it's time to awaken at the snap of my fingers…" His voice had once again decrescendoed down into lulling-mode. Rosie responded by circling in place a few times where she stood before laying down, essentially tucking herself in and drifting off just as commanded. The others would be feeling similarly sleepy, just as they had when they had first fallen under the trance.

Once they had all "fallen asleep," Discord easily broke their trances with a snap of his fingers. Rosie immediately woke up, her head lifting quickly although her dark black and brown eyes were still trying to blink away the fog of her trance. She looked around in confusion, standing as soon as she was able and cautiously coming to Discord's side. It was no mystery why; the last thing any of those who had been under the trance would remember was coming up to the stage as a volunteer. Like a dream, they would remember nothing of what they had seen, and as if they had been sleeping, they would not be able to tell that about half an hour had passed.

"Bravo, my brave volunteers! Weren't they magnificent, folks?" he asked the audience, giving another hearty round of applause. "Truly, that was a far better performance than I could have ever given, even if my pride were completely intact. Thank you so much for participating, but I'm afraid that's all for now." He ignored any and all possible protests as he strolled up to the edge of the stage, giving a deep bow to the audience with a flourish of his top hat. "Thank you all, au revoir!" Now would typically be the part where he'd vanished through the fourth wall—or at the very least into thin air—but he wasn't allowed to do that yet, so he settled for doing a rather graceful front-flip off the front of the stage before marching away towards the free food. Rosie just nodded to the audience and followed him hastily.

((OOC: WOW, that was a lot of words… Sorry 'bout that. ANYWAY, let the volunteers respond first please, that way you can have the full performance to "watch." ;D))

Invader Zim
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Invader Zim on Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:34 pm

Sheesh, the lanky noodle animal looked even bigger up close. Like a furry macaroni. Arching a brow and trying to size Discord up in turn, Zim gave a small nod and marched as directed. Lining himself up with the deer and the young smeet, he looked to the last volunteer. The dragon, as fate would have it! Waving lightly, his gaze turned forward like a private in an army lineup. Staring out into the crowd, his large eyes picked out a few familiar faces. Of particular note was 'Herka Derka' veil faced Zurg himself, along with his human romance partner, and the zombie men Zim had seen a couple of times in the Sanctuary. Others were distantly noted, not nearly as firm or remembered in his mind.

Having hypnotized people once himself, Discord's words were very familiar. Yes yes, relaxed minds and good listening. But where was the bouncing ball of pus? Back stock still and ever at attention, his antennae quirked and twitched at the sound of a light music that accompanied Discord's voice. And was it just him, or had those wonky eyes changed...? "Wait...you never said anything about...time travel." Zim protested weakly, attempting to look away to fully impress upon the draconequus how AWFUL time travel was! Yet the swirling eyes and soothing music made it ever so hard to be upset. His posture weakened until he was lurching forward, arms dangling by his side as the world seemed to become gray. Everything felt...soft and fuzzy. Like wading through cotton candy.

Of course, the mission. They had some time travelling to do, and Zim would not fail in this mission! Mouth slacked open as if he were snoring in his sleep, green eyelids closed at gentle command. Captain, captain... Who was the Captain? Zim was the most qualified, he should have been captain... These thoughts buzzed in his skull as he heard the hollow click of buttons being pressed, a hiss as the capsule doors closed. In the comfortable transportation pod, Zim slumbered the time away as they went back in time, a soft snore sounding from the Irken before he opened his eyes. Poking his head out of the capsule, he squinted his eyes at the machinery. Naturally, Zim's perception of the machinery dictated that he saw it all as Irken tech. Deep shades of magenta, thick wires and capsules, and of course, an insignia or two printed on the metal sheets. Zim's movements were indeed a pantomime, one foot precariously stepping out of the shield before he jumped 'out' of the capsule completely. Though the small Irken only took a few steps, for him it would be a nice trek to leave the time machine and enter into this new environment. Using his hand to shield away the bright sun, Zim stared out in awe. For him, the prehistoric world was a smashed up version of Earth's topography, a deep valley who's sharp edges began to lead into the peaks of a mountain range. Right across from the valley was a frantic jungle of tangled vines and tall palm trees, and a river ran through it all as if scribbled in by some insane God with a massive blue crayon. The length of the river had loop de loops, sharp 90 degree turns and finally a jagged path that looked like a bolt of lightning. Approaching the edge of the stage, Zim's blank eyes stared out at the crowd though in his mind he was peering over the edge of a cliff.

Zim's gaze was torn away from the cliff-side as their tour guide pointed out a little dinosaur! Now, the Irken had never seen a dinosaur himself, but he had seen them in picture form in the Earth Skool. The Triceratops was dark blue in color, his body pointy and threatening as he lumbered over to greet the adventurers. Movements were stiff and the horns atop its head had the same look as a Unicon's. Only, you know, with three of them. The bug alien waved, and the triceratops returned the greeting with a shrieky growl, pounding its feet into the dirt and stirring up dust. Body stiffening up as if he had been stung by a bee, Zim was instead struck by an IDEA. Lumbering over to the dinosaur, he got down on all fours just like it. "ZIM can speak dinosaur!" He insisted, right before he pounded his fists into the dirt just like the triceratops. To the audience, he was pounding his knuckles into the wood of the stage and facing absolutely nothing. Tossing his head back, the Irken gurgled and screeched, an all around obnoxious sound for both audience members and even the triceratops apparently! Such a rude creature, to walk up only to deny a conversation. Huffing, Zim stood back up once again and nodded to their tour guide, marching in a stiff goosestep back 'into' the capsule. Dinosaur times was pretty boring anyway, with their rude dinos. With a brief pantomime of buckling in, the doors again closed with a hiss, and Zim's head leaned back this time as he fell back into stasis to leave this rotten world behind.

'it's you'

Beneath his lids, his insectoid eyes twitched, and an antennae perked. Of course it was him! Subconsciously however, the suggestion had been given and absorbed, to be used later. When his eyes snapped open once again, it was as if Discord had never whispered to him at all. This time Zim hopped out of his capsule and approached the stage in a confident march, waving out to the audience. Rather than see the members as Irkens, he imagined them as they already had been before his trance. Though with a lot more adoration for Zim, of course! Little signs with Zim's picture upon them bobbed in the crowd, and he could hear to cheers. Zurg in particular ripped open his shirt to reveal a GLORIOUS tattoo of Zim's magnificent face! Nestled between his mountainous pecs at that! The purple alien shrieked before abruptly fainting, apparently overloaded by Zim's mightiness. A smirk grew on his face, and he gave an especially eager wave to Zurg as the tattoo was revealed to him. He always knew that Emperor had a sweet spot for him! They had shared a special experience after all, with those Rhizomian Peace Lillies.

As if this day couldn't get any better (rude triceratops aside), it seems their maiden voyage had become so beloved and so well-renowned, that it was being turned into a stage musical! And naturally, they all had tickets to see it! A bucket of popcorn held between his hands, Zim had a huge grin upon his face as he settled in to see the show! Unfortunately, the casting was quite off, as rather than a brave leader, they casted Zim as a meek and scared alien who hid behind bushes and shrieked at danger. Even stranger was how the blond kid on stage died on Arro's arms, something Zim was VERY SURE had not happened, as said blond child was watching the musical right next to him! And naturally, musical!Zim was shrieking about all the blood. Zim rolled his eyes. At least they were allowed to come on stage though, as Zim jogged up and began to show off his moves. Unfortunately, Zim didn't exactly have a lot of moves. "Do do do, do de do do. Do do, do de do do!" He sang, as much as an alien with a voice like his own COULD sing. It came out fairly monotone with a hint of force. As for his dancing, the alien seemed to lift his legs in a much looser march, then kicked them out limply. Dancing was obviously not a skill he had perfected. At least the crowd seemed to love it! Even such lame dancing was a vast improvement over the musical!

However, the day was not at an end yet as Discord discovered Zim's secret! His well kept, totally genuine secret! "I was framed!" He protested, his eyes turned shifty. Both hands reached behind his back to hide the egg, afraid that the noodle thing might try to take it away! Far from being angry however, Discord merely asked for Zim to show it to everybody else. Proudly, he held the egg out for all to see. The alabaster shell cracked, and out popped a crimson baby T-Rex! With a mouth of sharp teeth, it squeaked and chirped. Zim gasped and held it tight to his chest like any proud father would. "I will name him ZIM THE SECOND!" He loudly declared, patting its scaly dome.

Alas, every good adventure must come to an end, and so Zim got ready for bed. With his new son curled at the foot of the bed like a dog, the Irken got comfortable and nestled himself back. His head tilted, eyes closing. A SNAP sounded and his head bobbed in place. Blinking, he looked around with antennae upright. Huh? What? What happened? The noodle thing began to congratulate them and he turned to him quickly, startled. "What?! WHAT? B-BUT YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING! WE haven't done a thing yet!" A pointed finger jabbed in his direction. "Is this a TRICK?" Before he could get answers, Discord flipped off of the stage and began to make his way for the free food! Zim huffed, crossing his arms as he marched off of the stage. Well, that had been useless! He volunteered for nothing! Keeping to the back of the crowd, he eyed the audience and ESPECIALLY that noodle and his deer.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:51 am

He was motioned to join the stage and Link suddenly had a lot of doubts bubbling in his head regarding his choice. He left his fairy on his seat with his empty plate and wandered up, getting a bit nervous once he was on the stage itself and taking a spot next to Rosie the deer. Oh look, Arro was joining him. And a small alien… it was an alien, right?

Relax his mind, and listen to the weird hybrid of different animals. Got it, that’s easy, Link could do that. No problem. Er… maybe…. Thankfully, soothing music came on and that helped a bit. The boy took a deep breathe to calm himself then blink in confusion as he was suddenly looked at swirling yellow and red eyes. Um, swirly eyes usually meant the person was confused or dizzy, right? Oh dear, that wasn’t very comforting at all! It’s not good to be hypnotised by a confused person! Abort! Abor… but it’s rather calming. In fact, he felt like he was on the verge of falling asleep on his feet as he blinked his eyes lazily and his head nodded a little as if he was going to drop off into dreamland any second.

A time machine. They were in a time machine. Except Link had no idea what a time machine looked like, he just visioned stepping into a giant grandfather clock with lots of technology and wires hooked onto it. The captain enter their coordinates outside of the clock and then the door of the clock closed. How on earth Arro and the little alien fitted in beside him was beyond his imagination though but it was very cramped! So on stage, Link looked distinctly uncomfortable, like arms and shoulders hunched like he was squeezed in a very small space with an alien and a dragon (which in his mind, he really was)

When he opened his eyes again, Link yawned widely and wanted to reach up and rub his eyes, if only imaginary Arro wasn’t pinning his arm against his side. On stage, Link seem to be wrestling with something small (presumably imaginary Zim) to free up one arm to push the door open, letting out a gasp of relief as he stumbled forward a few steps, into freedom and away from squishiness.

Link yawned again, smacked his lips sleepily and looked around, eyes slowly widening in amazement. Dinosaurs! Dinosaurs everywhere! He didn’t know many, but whatever he did know, there were around him. They were at the edge of this swamp like place and there were lots of flying dinosaurs above them. Link craned his head up to gape at them in wonder. Then a very friendly looking tri-something-tops appeared. That was the one with the horns on its head and like a rhino horn on its nose, right? It had this weird flare-y fan thing on his head as well, if he remembered correctly.

The deer ran behind them and Link looked back up at the dinosaur, feet hopping a little as if he was dying to ask if he could climb on its back and ride it like a giant pony. Except he didn’t know how to ask, and he wasn’t sure if it could read if he tried to write something. Maybe he could feed it something. Or, look! The little alien can speak dinosaur! Perfect!

Except, it didn’t seem like the alien was making a very good impression. “Aa….” Link sounded, not sure how to tell the alien that he sounded obnoxious instead of friendly. Clearly, the tri-something-tops was not impressed and Link watched with a lot of disappointment as it walked away, he chased after it a few steps across the stage.

When the instruction to return to the time machine came about, the young innkeeper trudged back to the contraption, gloomily, casting longing glances backwards like a kid leaving a toy store behind without making a purchase. Again, the boy resumed a scrunched up and cramped position on the stage, very sure that the tight quarters would keep them all in place even without a seatbelt on - there were seatbelts in this machine?

This time, it felt like they were asleep a bit longer and when he woke up again, Link went through the whole motions of yawning and wrestling with the alien again to open the door, stumbling out into a crowd of adoring fans? Huh? He was suddenly on stage, under a very bright spotlight and confetti was raining down around him. He squinted to look at the fans but the brightness of the stage and the dimness of the audience area made it hard to make out faces and shapes.

“Ahaha…” laughed Link sheepishly. He scratched his neck, a bit uncomfortable by the applause and attention, then gave a shy wave before standing a bit taller and looking more proud of himself. He instantly took out his writing tablet and started writing out thanks, flashing the words to the crowd each time he finished a sentence. “I would like to thank our fans.” “The inventor of the machine (needs to be bigger, too cramped)” “My fellow adventurers.” “My family.” and the list goes on.

As if to keep the good things coming, suddenly, their adventure was being made into a musical! In fact, it’s being played right this second! Link giddily sat down on the floor and on stage, he fumbled his hands as if somebody was handing him a very, very large invisible container of equally invisible popcorn. His enjoyment was short lived as things slowly turned from confusing to frustrating. No! He didn’t die in Arro’s arms! How rude! And if he did die, he wouldn’t die so dramatically like that! Okay, he may cry but there wouldn’t be any grand speeches from him. He can’t even talk! This is so out of character! Link huffed, and looked around impatiently as if looking for the manager of all this mess to vent his frustration to.

And just like that the musical was over, and they were ushered into a party afterwards where he was straight onto the dance floor, jumping up and down happily (clearly the boy doesn’t know how to dance) But who cares, the audience loved it. They applaused again and Link bowed, first to the left, then the right then a grand flourishy bow to the front.

Then scandal! One of his crea member had a secret. Link look curiously amongst his group, eyes landing on the little alien, certain that it must be something related to him scaring off their tri-something-tops friend. HE BROUGHT AN EGG HOME?! Wait, what?! So that was why the tri-something-tops looked miffed! He stole its egg! Dear goddesses, they were lucky to have gotten out of that alive.

Er… wait… that is not a tri-something-tops baby that hatched. Alien thing! Where did you get this egg? From which nest did you pinch it from? The parents must be worried sick! Bad alien!

No wait, it’s not bedtime! He needed to give the alien a piece of his mind and take the baby dinosaur back to its world! He needed to-- but he was so sleepy. The boy sat down on the floor, yawned widely and his hand patted the stage around him, in search for a blanket and pillow. He couldn’t find any apparently, but he did manage to pat his way to Arro’s tail, which he very happily snuggle up to.

One minute he was asleep and the next minute Link woke up, completely missing of memories of what happened.

“Huh….?” he managed before he looked around. Did he… fall asleep on stage? Wait, more importantly, was he cuddling Arro’s tail? Embarrassed, he instantly let go and shuffled away, trying to pretend nothing happened but getting even more confused as Discord thank them for a performance he didn’t remember. The small alien was very vocal about this as well so evidently he wasn’t the only one missing a pieces of his memories.

“Um…” he started but never managed to voice the question as the dragon-hybrid-creature (Link wasn’t sure what to call Discord) flipped off the stage. Not wanting to be the only one left on it, he quickly stepped off too, baffled and lost until he got back to his seat where his fairy was in fits of giggles.

“Ha?” he managed whilst his Ciela dearly wished she had taped the whole thing.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:21 pm

Oh my galaxy, would you look at that alien's bod.

Jo's eyes were the size of saucers, her mouth tugging into a creeping smile. "Mm~!" Nothing like a little bare-chested pizazz to start the afternoon. "Me likey. Me like a lot," she remarked, shameless as always. Now, what's that big, puffy gasbag beside her griping about? Something, something, muh pride, muh chaste ways, etc, etc. It was the typical breath of hot air. With a playful roll of her eyes, the mechanic ended up dismissing Big Z's tirade, but nicely. "Oh Big Z, really," Jo huffed, shaking her head. "As if I would ever stomach live birth. I was just getting your moozle, you know that. Craters, you even said so! I think someone just wanted to flex his argumentative chops and raise his voice~!" He certainly sounded like an Evil Emperor she once knew. "But you're right, we're not genetically compatible. No worries there! It's not like we do anything anyway, hint HINT." People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing the first stone! Victory most assuredly hers, Jo let loose a fiendish cackle and quieted down as a rather snazzy robot was next to take the stage. "Oooh, that's an exotic band name - and Big Z, be nice. I'm sure he's a wonderful - "

"Hello, Central Park! My name's The Spine and I'm a former member of a group of singing, musical automatons known back home as Steam Powered Giraffe. This is a little ditty I wrote not too long ago; it's called 'Home.' Enjoy."

Welp. The look on Jo's face said it all.

It was a lovely song, no doubt about that, and yet... She released a tight sigh beneath her breath. Home - Trade World. That's what home was, that's what she missed. Sure, was it the best of places? Not by a long shot, but it was still home. No more seedy alleyways and gaudy motels... No more slick hustlers and unscrupulous businesses... Jo never thought she'd see the day, but good golly did she miss Trade World's sleazy charm. And by the way Big Z put on a strong face (even if covered by his veil), she could tell the song hit its mark well and true. Together, both of their stares grew distant, almost longingly, before the mechanic made the first move. She inched closer to her purple grump and leaned against him, head resting on his arm. Words refused to leave her tongue.

When the performance was over and The Spine took his leave, Jo clapped and didn't move off Big Z. "It was still a pretty song, you know?" she remarked. After all, wasn't music supposed to invoke a feeling of some kind? Anyway... onto the last performer, and what a performer he was, boy. Discord was going to perform a trick and he needed volunteers! Read: suckers.

The mechanic practically leaped out of her seat, Jo jumping up and down frantically. "Oh, me! Me, me, M - URK!" Aaaaand scratch that idea, because two sturdy purple arms 'helped' the woman right back into her seat. "Hey, what's the big idea!?" Indignant didn't even begin to cover it. Ooooh, that alien was going to get it now! Her cheeks even flushed a heated pink, eyes narrowing to sharpened points. "Okay, I'll bite," she grunted. "Why'd you do that, huh? I want to volunteer for the guy's trick - it sounds fun!" Gonna box those horns off and hang them up over the fireplace... Lovingly, of course. Always lovingly.

"Uh-huh. And did you happen to miss the point about his 'trick' being a trance? You know, in my old line of work, that's code for: discount mind control."

"But he said it wasn't mind - "

"Jo, darling - the love of my life, the sweet to my sour, the star in my sky - you won't like being in a trance. Trust me on this one, okay? Just... trust me. You'll thank me later."

And trust him, Jo did. But not without a little mumble to go with, "Ch'yeah, the pain in my ass..." Sigh. Hope she wasn't missing the trick of a century.
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 52

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:49 am

Arro hopped to his feet and followed instructions, positioning himself behind Zim, Link and Rosie and facing out towards the skeptical crowd. His devil-may-care certainty waned however as Discord spoke and it became apparent he'd somehow have to fall asleep under the eyes of so many strangers.

How could he do that?

The excitement from the previous performances had yet to flee him and a lit stage was an awkward place to curl up for a nap. Under the circumstances and given the present personalities sleep suddenly felt like an abstract concept. Arro's muzzle twitched behind the shorter participants as he pondered his unusual predicament.

Then out of thin air soft sounds begin to enter his ears to disturb his worries. Discord's voice slipped into a lower relaxed register and intertwined with the languid tune. Arro's ears twitched at what the chimera described, a machine he couldn't begin to grab an association for stood out stark and dissonant against the soft music. His snout scrunched, perplexed, Arro decided to curl up on the wooden floor and shut his eyes tight in hopes of hastening the experiment. Already his subconscious begin to draw up images of cavernous constructions, dark curving metallic shapes and vaulted piping like monster ribs. He tried to shut it off, reel in his thoughts from wandering for the moment and just focus on the music, the meter... The sluggish drumming. From within him rose a rumble to match the tune. Like a distant river, Arro flooded his perception with his own humming, the sound barely audible beyond his own ears. Slyly, stealthily, sensory input from the waking world washed away into nothingness, chased out by the vibrations seeping through his chest.

Arro stood up. A stark red blot in a cavernous ellipse where blackness and silence greeted him. He had the sense he was underground, for the craft (somehow he knew he was in a craft) had dark glassy panes lining it's vaulted ceiling and belly. Their transparent structure revealing only clotted earth crushed against the glass. The craft was a tunnel, or at least it was very long, all walls sloped as if no side in particular was designed to be the floor. Arro could run with wings extended along it, if he didn't feel a need to avoid contacting the strange organic shapes casting sharp shadows along it's ribs. So Arro remained still, listening, until he heard the distant thunk, thunk, thunk of small footsteps echoing down the structure's esophagus. He followed the echoes, talons clacking atop cold corroded metal until out of the dark emerged the silhouettes of his three co-pilots, blinking and wiping sleep from their eyes under the faint ambient glow. He wondered how the ship could take them anywhere when it was so obviously derelict, and was about to voice his concerns when a blinding white light fell on them.

In the bright white haze the interior of the ship and all sound melted away to reveal all four of them standing in an ancient volcanic valley. The ground was made up of black ash traced by shallow rivulets of water with concentric spiraling rings, though Arro couldn't determine the source of the melt or direction it was flowing by looking at it. All directions at once seemed equally as likely as none.

They walked into the empty swath of smoldering land and found a wall of mist blocking them off from distant mountains. Out of it echoed a bellow like a brass horn. A massive beast soon followed, horned and leathery and mammoth-like. It's head was crowned with a spiked shield, while bulls horns protruded forward over the eyes like twin lances. The creature was at once as big as a house and as small as a cow. It pawed at the ground with a many toed foot, as if preparing to charge, but planted it instead and stayed still, breathing out clouds of hot air that mingled in the mist and swaying in the featureless expanse.

Arro's swept back ears twitched, full with the beast's noises and sensations. He cautiously poked his nose forward to sniff in the hot breath as it eked towards him. It was the same musky odor of a bull elk.

The creature watched them all dispassionately. Then randomly dipped it's horned nose into the earth and dug a furrow. Arro approached closer to watch it. When the creature lifted it's head a shower of pebbles and water droplets raced down it's back, disrupting the smooth soil surface and bringing Arro and itself nose to nose. They both sniffed closer and strangely for some reason Arro found a crackle emerging from his maw, some kind of animal greeting, a reassuring sound, but both stopped their approach before touching olfactory sets.

Zim who had been standing beside Arro the entire time abruptly proclaimed his bilingual status to the sky and dropped to all fours to ferociously snarl and hoot. The beast reared and lunged away, it's mass vanishing effortlessly back into the mist. Link trails after it, little steps slowing in disappointed defeat as it disappears. Arro belts out a fierce laugh at the reaction. But the clouds overhead seemed to have swollen with rain, their burden darkened the sky where once it was only overcast. Some sense told him it's time to leave and so Arro turned back into the belly of the ship, closer now than where they'd left it. All the others ran with him and the light closed at their backs.

They slept again and time skipped forward. They've been awaited. A crowd gathered as they emerged from the ship this time. Old faces, new faces, the mass of shifting bodies is mostly composed of familiar drai and humans but the audience from the breach appeared scattered throughout in a nonsensical blurred mashup of time and place. They watched them intently, silently. The little doe stepped forward to wave and Arro worried for a stab of a second that they might eat her. But none questioned it strangely, nor did his other humanoid companions.

He stepped up to speak something in draconic, simultaneously relaying events and shifting into conversation about random thoughts. Questions about how the colonies were doing, about whether or not anyone had seen such a creature as the one he'd met and if they'd successfully hunted or spoken with one. His imagination wandered as it does in dreams. He remembered the clouded prehistoric landscape most fervently. Then the words ceased flowing like a stream inside him had dried up. Whatever the meaning of their trip, the crowd was pleased, they roared their approval. It flowed through the stone floor like the rumble from a distant waterfall. Arro heard friendly voices mixed in the tremor and rushed into the fray of skin and scales and claws. He reared up to grapple with an old krasht-mate, some drake around his same age but much larger than himself who he hadn't thought about in an epoch.

As they crash down he is suddenly elsewhere, in a natural amphitheater with his three fellow travelers again. Then suddenly they aren't. Or rather there are look-alikes in the coliseum's bowl and he, Link, Zim and the doe are up in the steel and wooden ramparts surrounded by other's looking down into the pit. Vertigo struck him for a fleeting moment. Arro squinted, his pupils adjusting to the sudden distance, to see the Link-look-alike fall sluggish and stiff in his arms, dead. Arro shot a perplexed look towards the boy beside him. Link crossed his arms, he didn't seem too pleased. Arro stared on, but a fog swelled to obscure his vision and his memory lapsed.

They were suddenly then, all of them again in the pit, it's surface warped and replaced with hulking geometric swaths of crystalline bismuth and pyrite slabs that jutted out at odd angles to break up the formally flat terrain. Off to either side of the field length platforms were sheer drops and beyond that cliff walls that stretched to the sky. A strange white noise, distant at first but growing louder seeped into the air. Gradually the garbled sound coalesced into a faint repetitive beat. The crowd around him shifted, rose and fell to the odd tune. Human voices now sung over-top, rhythmic and upbeat, the words were garbled but the lyrics seemed unimportant. The crowd was buoyed by the tune, drai and two-leggers alike, all of their limbs were infected with the same jaunty anxiety as they flowed to the music. It was simultaneously surreal, bizarre, and the sanest thing in the world. Zim started aggressively attacking the ground in some kind of jig, Link began popping up into the air like a sprouted flower and the doe trotted and twirled in place. Arro's hind foot begun to tap, talons click clacking against the stone, he started to lightly bob his head. His tail even swished to and fro in the dust and somehow none among the claustrophobic crowd stepped on it.

He never fully shook the oddity of the mood though, something was pulling him away, something was wrong. Something to do with Zim. The music cut off, the scenery shifted and the crowd turned on the green alien. Zim instantly shrieked in protest. An ovoid sphere appeared clutched in his arms. It was shaking and cracking. The cracks grew rapidly, throwing chips of milky shell into the air as the seams crept around the egg's circumference. Once one crack met another up erupted a tiny creature, head covered in shell and frayed egg matter. It was red and mostly draconic looking with the exception of a lack of wings and the small blunt skull. It greeted them all with a chirp, showcasing a mouth full of tiny sharp teeth beneath the sheen of fresh hatching fluid.

Zim exuberantly named the new gooey life after himself, and Arro could only stare in abject confusion.

When had he even had the chance to snatch an egg? It was certainly not the brood of the multi-horned lizard cow from earlier. What would he do with the hatchling? Where were it's parents?

Questions swirled but Arro found himself tiring from thinking through them all. He imagined himself curled up in a patch of bright sunny ferns and an instant later he was blinking himself awake, curled up and head raised over the wooden stage with Link using his tail as a pillow.

"Bravo, my brave volunteers! Weren't they magnificent, folks?"

Arro squinted in the sun, and blinked a few more times for good measure. Vaguely he was aware of Link shuffling sheepishly off of him.

"Wait, what happened?" he mumbled to no one in particular, only fastening his eyes on Discord as the long tube of fur flipped off the stage towards the snack bar.

The dragon glanced at the shadows on the lawn and clouds overhead to confirm that time had actually passed. Then scanned the reactions of the crowd and shrugged.

Well, that was... different. If only I could remember any of it.

Arro leaned forward into a stretch on his forearms, straining each hind leg in turn out behind him until he elicited a crack, rolled his neck, and then trotted off stage after the others.

He'd have to ask someone later what had occurred or the mystery would be knocking around in his thoughts for days.

Not now though, he figured he'd killed enough time and so had a friend to reward for good patience.

Arro croaked out as he passed the long rows of chairs to summon Hraktl to him, and once well clear of the crowd they took off together into the wild blue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Ughgh... So very tired, life has conspired to keep me from posting for a while. Apologies.]
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:18 pm

Returning to their seats, the scaly alien couldn't help but to briefly bask in the praise and applause. The people liked it! Their puppet show was enjoyable! Certainly not a scene stealer, but it was enjoyed by the audience! His organic hand squeezed the metal one that belonged to Livewire, eyes squinting with pleasure as they settled back into their seat. The little robot latched onto Fear's side, and tentatively he released her hand but not before looking into her bright blue optics. "Thank you." He couldn't have done it without her. Settling into his own seat, he turned his eager eyes to Mortis and nodded his head. A large hand clasped onto his narrow shoulders and gave him a pat, the alien jostling lightly beneath the weight and size of it. He chuckled, "Thank you Mortis, I'm glad you liked it! And thank you again for coming out here today!" It meant so much, to see the turnout and hear the applause. Feeling the happiness in the air, like a comfortable electricity in the air.

Hand swiftly wrapping around one of Fear's, Kev redirected his attention to the stage as Ttone and Kat took the stage. Boy, how they had grown! Not nearly as small as he remembered them being, though still young enough that the both of them seemed to have stage fright as they performed their magic show. With Kat as the assistant and Ttone the magician, three magnificent tricks were performed! Water was turned to a bouquet of flowers, a balloon was popped, exploding into colorful scarves, and Kat was transformed into a rabbit! The scaly man was aware of the girl's transformation powers, he remembered them from when she explored in the Sanctuary with her fathers. While the other tricks got amazed reactions from him, he merely rose an amused eyebrow when she was transformed into a soft blue bunny. The transformation back was a bit more hectic, a small snort sounding from him as Kat seemed to turn into a monster. Alas, Woolie wasn't quite so amused and so the alien caned his head over with a bit of concern, watching as Mortis comforted his little lamb. As Kat was turned back to normal, the girls bowed and left the stage quickly. His attention tuned back to them once he felt Woolie was being calmed by her ma, and his hands clapped as loud as he could for the two. "Whoooo!" It was nice to see an actual magic show!

Act after act after act, Kev watched them all with an entranced look on his face. His free hand grasped at the hem of his summer dress, twisting his fingertips around the fabric. The grip on his own dress turned almost anxious as Uriel's act continued, eyes glued on the balls of fire. It was amazing, quite lovely, and yet he couldn't help but to worry. Both about the wooden stage and about Uriel's well-being. With hypnotic movements, bouncy music and fire tricks that made his heat race, the man's act was a treat to watch. When wings appeared, he stiffened and had to hold back from cheering. Respectfully, he waited for the man to land before clapping excitedly him. After losing his wings...this had to be a significant moment for Uriel! Next to take the stage was a familiar alien, brawny and with dark brown skin. Perking in his seat, the scaly man waved eagerly up at him, feeling touched by his gratitude. Rasa's act was a very bombastic one as well, though not as showy with the pyrotechnics. Stomping, bellowing, roaring and waving a weapon around, the other alien's act wasn't any less beautiful. Were he jumpier, it might even scare him. Instead, he enjoyed the cultural show from a culture he did not know, but still respected. Like Uriel, Rasa finished with a thanks and walked off the stage. Again he would find thunderous applause coming from Kev's small hands. It was great to see the larger alien was still around, and to share such an important part of his culture...it would not be so easily discarded!

Poor Woolie though, was still startled and scared, both by the blazing fire and the roars she did not understand. A few glances were spared for Mortis and the lamb, ready to give assistance as needed. Much like a real mama though, the ghoul had it handled as he hushed and comforted his sheepy baby. The sight of it really did warm his heart. Assured that she was in good hands, he turned back to the stage as The Spine stepped up. Armed with a guitar, he breathed a soft sigh of relief. As wonderful as the previous acts had been, it seemed The Spine's performance would be gentle, softer on the nerves of the little black lamb. The robot did not disappoint as he began to sing, strumming the strings of his guitar. Home... His body swayed, eyes closing as he absorbed the music and the lyrics. This place had become his home, yes. Here he found people who loved him, people he never really had back home. A support system, a lover, a wee bumblebee... People he would never have met, a house he never could have owned. Pets and friends, all of the things that made this place his home. Even if he was the only one of his kind, it no longer bothered him. Portal Breach... was home and it was partially so because of a certain undead sitting next to him.

Speaking of...eyes slid open as Fear spoke up for the first time in a while, looking up into the ocularea with no small amount of concern. Naturally, if the loud sounds were enough to startle a lamb, it had to be worse for a psychic. Add to that the numerous minds in this crowd... An arm looped around Fear's waist, reaching for him mentally with a soothing touch and the sensation of a pair of hands rubbing Fear's shoulders. Kneading the deadened muscles like he was made of dough, Kev pressed his temple into the ghoul. "Thank you, kikiri. I'm glad to make you proud!" He hissed in a soft whisper. "As for my underwear...you're darn right we're gonna ask for it back! Or else that'll make for an embarrassing little visit to Shai's..." Imagine, having to ask for his boxers back! Kev snorted, rubbing the ghoul's side for comfort and to help ground him. As the song wound down and ended, his other arm looped around Fear's front to clap without dislodging his grip on Fear. For some...rather violent reasons, the ghoul decided not to perform. Seeing how his last performance went...it was a good choice! Kev preferred that this crowd stay in one piece.

Of all things to step up next, it was...a doe! As the show runner, Kev was quite perplexed and he raised a brow. This was supposed to be Discord's turn, so who let in the deer...? After a little tap dance with her hooves, Discord finally appeared on stage in a smart little suit! Letting out a small cheer, he gripped the Judge excitedly. "That's not a grab bag, he's a friend of mine! That's Discord!" Kev whispered again, trying not to speak over the draconequus. Setting the deer to sleep, it seems Discord himself would not be performing any acts! Very tragic indeed, and a note of worry rippled through the alien. Who was this frienemy? Moving on, Discord asked for volunteers, as they would do the acts with Discord's advice and counsel! Not quite mind control, and with proper information given, it wasn't against anyone's free will. Young Link stood up first, approaching the stage and soon joined by the small alien named Zim. Turning briefly to Fear, the scaly man was in agreement. "Yeah, no. I trust Discord but I'm not sure if she'd like that..." Being on stage once already seemed to take it out of their robotic child. A second time would be too much! The last volunteer was Arro, the dragon jumping up onto the stage.

With all three volunteers on the stage, Discord began his little act! Shifting closer to Fear, Kev's large eyes were locked upon the stage. Brows arched as the draconequus put them into a light trance, and he nodded along when Discord suggested the audience cheer for the brave people. All it took was a few simple words from him for them to drop into a stupor. While Link and Zim's head seemed to bob in place, Arro went ahead and plopped down upon the stage! The draconequus, true maestro of the stage, began to weave a tale. The 'adventure' that these volunteers would act out for them to enjoy. With a journey to the past, and a meeting with the dinosaur, it was all very charming. Though the dull look in their eyes was a little disarming to the scaly man.

Zim proceeded to volunteer for dinosaur communication, eliciting a snort from Kev. While Arro and Link seemed content to admire the 'dinosaur' silently, apparently the loud Irken simply couldn't leave well enough alone. He'd never heard a dinosaur before, but Kev was still pretty confident that the cacophony Zim was gargling was not dinosaur. Poor Link seemed disappointed, while Arro seemed to find it rather funny! Chuckling as well, he almost wished he could see what they were perceiving. It sounded benign enough! Time came for them to 'return', and once they 'woke' up from their travels, Kev again clapped his hands together while keeping his arms around Fear. "Whoo!" Their eyes were still rather unfocused, which meant this was still part of the act. Kev was fine to play the part of supportive audience though! The volunteers on stage got settled to watch what was apparently a musical based upon their travel! ...How one could turn what had to be five minutes at the most of watching a dinosaur, that was beyond the Kryptonistanian. Going by the facial expressions on stage, it seemed that the musical had flopped. Neither seemed all that amazed by what they had witnessed, ranging from irritation to pure confusion.

Dance party time had apparently come, each volunteer dancing in their own special way. From the twist and trot of the doe to Arro's tapping, Zim's angry marching, and Link bounced up and down. It was a marked improvement from the musical! As funny as it was to see their reaction, missing out on seeing this apparently awful play was a small bummer. Still, Kev's own head bobbed along softly to their jigs, only pausing when Discord revealed deception in the group! Betrayal! Egg snatching? He gasped, legitimately shocked and disgusted by the twist before staring at Zim's empty hands. Oh. Right. Part of the act! It 'hatched' and Zim decided to name it after himself, apparently allowed to keep it even though he stole it from the past! One last little trance, the draconequus gently lead them to settling down for sleep again. A snap of the fingers was all it took for their eyes to open up, aware and very much confused. Clapping again, the scaly man called out. "They were great!" And they didn't even have to do anything embarrassing! How lucky. "Bravo! Encore!" Discord flipped off the stage and made a beeline for the stage, the alien chuckling to himself. Even if Discord wasn't the 'main star' of his act, it had still been rather amusing.

Patiently waiting until all of the volunteers had cleared the stage, Kev glanced at his partner and gave him a small squeeze before pulling his arms away. Standing up from his chair, small hands briefly straightened up his dress before Kev turned to face the seated crowd. "And that was the last act!" Hands clasped over his chest, dark blue eyes roamed over the crowd. Familiar and unfamiliar faces alike, performers and audience members, and of course, the people who had been so helpful! "Again, I would like to thank you all for coming. For taking time out of your busy lives to attend, or perform, or even help put this together! I couldn't have done this without you. Most talent shows have a winner, but as cheesy as it is... I'd say all of our acts were winners!" He chuckled bashfully, it was probably lame. Yet, genuine! "Though we don't have anymore acts for you to see, you're welcome to stay! Talk with people, enjoy yourselves...and enjoy the refreshments! I hope you have a good day, and thank you again for coming!" Grasping the ends of his dress, Kev gave a curtsy before he ducked back down into his seat. With the main event over, he didn't feel so anxious when he gave that speech. Only grateful and happy. Sitting in his chair, those closest to him would hear the light thrum of his trilling. It had been a good day after all.

((Thanks everyone, for posting! What your character(s) does(do) from here is up to you, though keep in mind that this thread cannot be open forever. At least one last post detailing what your character does from here, such as leaving or socializing, would be nice but is not mandatory. I'll leave this thread open for the rest of the month, and officially close it once it seems everyone has posted. Thank you again for your patience, and your diligent posting! I know it was probably hard, especially with Real Life responsibilities, but I am grateful that this event has been a success! Great job, all!))

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:51 am

"Thank you Mortis, I'm glad you liked it! And thank you again for coming out here today!"

The ghoul nodded, leathery flesh creaking with the motion. In all, it was surprisingly... nice, being out here, with his brother, with Kev. Though the undead tended to prefer places that were not as inhabited for the sake of his own senses, he managed to tolerate the numerous thoughts that buzzed in the air, keeping the majority of his focus upon Woolie so she would remain comfortable in the strange circumstance.

All the same, calming a sheep was an easy feat, considering his past experiences. It was not the first time he had to set a mortal mind at an unnatural ease, but usually in the way of keeping them from fighting so they would remain in reach. Speaking of which, it seemed that Kev was more readily soothing his brother than Mortis was. Though the ghoul was not as connected to Kev as Fear may have been, his own connection with his brother allowed him to pick up on the sensations that the green alien offered the helmeted superfiend. Much like Kev was assured that Woolie was in good hands, Mortis decided Fear was in Kev's good hands and retreated his own attempts to soothe his brother. Too much care could be just as overwhelming to him.

The final act on its way, The undead idly stroked Woolie between the ears as the creature known as Discord started his hypnotic act. Though the spells seemed to be hitched on eye contact with the immediate parties upon the stage, the undead superfiend once again placed his hat upon the lamb's head, obscuring her eyes. Her ears flatted under the cloth, and an indignant baa could be heard from beneath it, though muffled. as the hypnosis went underway, it seemed that the group would be placed on a trip through time.

Oh, good. Perhaps this would get interesting!

Mortis observed and listened to the descriptive diatribe, though found as it went on that it went for something more goofy and completely harmless. Where were the carnivorous Tyrannosaurs, the rampaging beasts that were intent on trampling the rag-tag group of explorers to jelly? A quiet sigh escaped him, unimpressed with how tame it turned out being. At least, until the twist. Evidently the one known as Zim had smuggled an egg back right before everyone's very eyes. Where and how he would have hid it was a mystery, but the amalgamation was not known for his sense of logic by any means. Underneath the hat, Woolie gave a shake of her head, dislodging the cloth from her face and poking her little black nose out from under it. Compared to the previous acts, this one was far less threatening, as the people moved around on the stage and waved their arms around to the instructions.

Although the tiny green one was by far the loudest, compared to the sounds that the small human in green made. her head tilted at the dancing segment, her ears twitching and tilting as she tried to puzzle out what exactly they were doing. At the end of the performance, the group was brought out of their trance with a snap of Discord's fingers, leaving the lamb to look up at her Ma questioningly. What was that all about?

The undead plucked his hat from her head to set back upon his bony brow, a gentle pat given to her shoulders. "Ssss... A magic trick, Woolie." he quietly hissed in reply, though the black lamb hardly seemed all that enlightened from the brief explanation. Whatever this "magic trick" was, it was lost to her ovine mind. So, she merely watched as the creature flew off towards the snack tables, ever wondering what exactly she just saw.

Until her Ma offered her a juicy carrot. her simple mind was satisfied with this equally simple offering, as she happily snacked away while Kev addressed the rest of the crowd. Mortis looked over at the green alien in turn as he spoke, evidently Discord's performance was indeed the last. If the good vibes that emanated from his scaly self were not enough to indicate that Kev was incredibly pleased with how everything turned out, it was the trilling he could hear from a seat over. Though it was suggested he stick around and mingle, as the undead looked around, he did not see anyone he particularly knew. Either that, or as he glanced back to the red dragon, no one he particularly wished to speak with. So, the ghoul resigned to sit awkwardly in his seat, deciding it best to simply be there until Kev and his family decided it was time to leave.

After all, while Fear wanted him to come for the show, to leave straight after seemed too hasty... Perhaps rude to the green alien that had set it up. he looked down at Woolie, who seemed content to remain seated upon his lap, and offered her another of the crunchy vegetables upon the plate that sat balanced upon his knee.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:02 pm

"Me likey. Me like a lot."

Oh good galaxy.

Zurg rolled his eyes and decided to leave it be. You know, until Jo went and poked fun at their... well, ahem. "Uh-huh. And if you keep that up, we'll never get around to it." How'd you like those bunzels, eh, Jo? He reckoned she wouldn't like them at all - but them's the breaks, as they say! Shame about being genetically incompatible, though...

Moving right along, The Spine's song had been lovely - there was no argument there, no sir. Its premise was just... a tad sore. Still, the horned monarch tried not to think too much about largely unwanted subject matters and kept strong. He had to, because there went Jo, thinking to volunteer herself for a hypnotist's bag of gags. "Grumble all you like," he said, knowing far better, "but you'll be thanking me for stepping in to curb your enthusiasm, just you wait." Because everyone was going to find out Discord's trick in three... two...

Presto.

There went Discord's trick, and everyone who had been subject to his spell proceeded to act incredibly out-of-place. Zurg didn't know what the eccentric trickster had done, but it apparently worked like a charm. Everyone on stage believed with 100% certainty that they had gone back in time, an age where dinosaurs roamed the lands, and were talking with a friendly, um, triceratops. Confused, Zurg scratched at one of his horns. "What the heck is a triceratops?" Probably some extinct bugger from Earth, he eventually concluded. Now, on with the performance! It would seem that a movie had been made in the performers' honour (a movie with questionable casting), and now they were going to dance. "Here's the part where you'll be thanking me," he grinned victoriously, folding both arms over his chest.

Know what was better than watching a drunk person dance?

Why, watching a hypnotized person, of course!

Zim kicked out his feet and shuffled about, Wind Waker Link kinda knew what he was doing, and Arro was... well, Arro; it was pretty hard criticizing a few taps of a claw and swishes of a tail. To conclude, the spectacle was undoubtedly a little embarrassing. In a good way, though! Everyone seemed to be having a spot of good fun, confusion notwithstanding, and there wasn't a lick of harm.

The monarch clapped where clapping was due, quite amazed at Discord's 'persuasion'. "Anyone who can trick Zim into doing what they want, gets an A in my book," he chuckled. But alas, it was time for the stage to be cleared, as Discord's talent for them all was the last act, which left a very humbled Kev to neatly finish the evening. Zurg was going to try really, really, REALLY hard to forget about the alien's underwear. "Thank you for having us, Kev~! It was great fun, and we both had a fantastic evening. Everyone performed splendidly." Yes, even the muscular meatwad known as Zurg's coworker, too.

While there was no sight of that rumbling block of muscle anywhere, the monarch glanced down at his company. "What do you think, Jo? Shall we stay here and mingle?" he asked. They could surely stay a tiny while, couldn't they?

And there was still plenty of food left, too!

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:13 pm

Jo openly huffed. "I'll take my chances," she retorted, stubborn. You can take those bunzels and shove 'em where the sun don't shine, you stingy Zurgthingy! Anyway... turns out Big Z wasn't just huffing and puffing after all. As soon as Discord did his thing and wooed the performers, something weird began to happen - like, really weird. The complex intricacies of hypnosis was far beyond Jo's level of understanding, but that didn't mean she couldn't put two-and-two together. "...Huh. So I guess they're just... imagining that they're back in time with the dinosaurs and having a blast?" That sounded pretty awesome if you were the one being hypnotized. Can't say she was a fan of being enthralled, though... And for good reason, since the last time Jo dealt with otherworldly influences and whatnot, Big Z turned into a magical pile of goop! She shivered and found the entire recollection icky.

Still! It was a great performance and the folks onstage appeared to be having a great time, even Zim - who, er, had apparently smuggled a dinosaur egg back onto the time machine and was being super defensive about it. Eh, Irkens. You either love 'em or you hate 'em.

"Okay, okay..." Jo sighed.

She nonetheless clapped for everyone involved and begrudgingly eyed the grinning alien next to her. "You were right, I was wrong, yadda yadda. Hypnosis is not for me, are you happy?" Boy, this stings... There was nothing worse than admitting wrongdoing in front of Big Z, because man oh man could he gloat. Jo huffed again, this time crossing her arms while assuming a toughened posture. "I still think it sounded fun in the beginning." And Discord's trick probably was, given its context. Jo was just glad she narrowly avoided making a goober of herself on the 'dance floor', eesh. Two left feet didn't even begin to cover it.

"What do you think, Jo? Shall we stay here and mingle?"

The mechanic tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Well, we do have plenty of food left and there're faces we haven't seen in a while..." she muttered. There was also Kev and his ghost boxers~! No way was Jo going to leave without first ribbing the alien for that.

It was decided.

"Let's stay for a bit!" she nodded with a smile. "We gotta get rid of all this grub, and we just can't leave without giving Kev a big ol' hug for starting all this." And a playful jab or two about his choice in boxers, of course. "Once everyone settles down and starts floating around, we'll finish up here and put your tireless chops to work. I just know you're itching to talk, Big Z." So many familiar faces, so little time~!
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:02 am

Allow me to eassse your dissscomfort, brother.

Ahhhh, relief...

Fear noticeably sagged in his seat, his brother's mitigating touch just what the doctor ordered. You have my gratitude, Mortisss, he rasped across their psychic bond. Now that the helmeted superfiend could better think without hearing a hundred other voices, he glanced around with those searing peepers of his. Huh, looks like Discord managed to hook some naive guppies after all. Fear recognized Arro the dragon, a short lad with blond hair, and the aforementioned loud, green alien-thingy. He pointed at the latter and clarified, "Not Kev, him." As if Fear would ever throw Kev to the dogs! ...Well, maybe only sometimes.

As for the amalgamation's little trick, it was your average hypnotic spell. There was a hint of something extra, of course, but the technique was largely run-of-the-mill. Nonetheless, never let it be said that Discord wasn't a creative soul.

Dinosaurs, a machine that tore open a pooohtal in time, Zim stealing an egg, shenanigans - seemed like a decent summer flick, even if the casting was terrible. Just get Gilbert Gottfried for Zim and everything should be forgiven. Oh, and maybe hire a dance instructor... No reason, nope. "Hu hu hu! Better them than me," Fear clapped. What would his dance even be, anyway? Probably something basic - like a waltz, perhaps?

"That's not a grab bag, he's a friend of mine! That's Discord!"

...You don't say.

"I am honessstly not sssurprisssed." That darn Kev, making friends with just about everyone. But so long as it was just Discord and his brand of tomfoolery... Well, hypnotic hijinks or not, the show had been fairly tame (though it could have done with a spot of death) and the performers were largely in good spirits. No clue about the screechy alien, but he was short enough to overlook. "An otherwissse decent bout of entertainment," the fiend decided. Nothing was more decent than seeing his guypal all aglow with happiness and inner peace, however.

It really had been a good showing, psychic migraine aside. All sorts of citizens were out here today and partaking in the talent show's festivities; friends, foes, and neutrals alike! No matter the different creeds and beliefs, everyone was gracious enough to set their differences to the wayside and simply coexist for the night. Magical, that. Would the charm last? No, probably not - but an honest day's worth of merriment ought to soothe a few aching souls. Ghostly eyes looked to one such individual sitting beside him. "Did you enjoy yourssself, Mortisss?" Fear asked his brother, genuinely curious. "I know we are both unaccussstomed to peaceful gatheringsss, but I thought thisss would have been a nice event to ssshare. Woolie ssseemsss content, ha ha!" Aside from the explosions, the stomping, and the roaring, that little lamb was pleased as punch with her vegetables. But, a satisfied lamb or not, the helmeted ghoul knew very well of the temptations surrounding them. He surveyed their immediate vicinity once more, rasping, "You may leave if you wisssh, or linger about ssso that Woolie may ssstretch her legsss. Whatever you decide, thank you both for coming and ssshowing your sssupport. It meansss a great deal not only to Kev, but myssself."

"And that was the last act! Again, I would like to thank you all for coming. For taking time out of your busy lives to attend, or perform, or even help put this together! I couldn't have done this without you. Most talent shows have a winner, but as cheesy as it is... I'd say all of our acts were winners! Though we don't have anymore acts for you to see, you're welcome to stay! Talk with people, enjoy yourselves...and enjoy the refreshments! I hope you have a good day, and thank you again for coming!"

Alas, everything must run its course.

That was it, the show was over. Their happy pause was no longer.

An anxious hum left the fiend's rancid throat, yet Fear said nothing. Instead, he looked to Kev while keeping a steady grip on Livewire. "You did a fantassstic job, love. It may not be much, but tonight gave many people sssomething they haven't felt in a long, long time." Tranquility, camaraderie, hope... Sometimes these precious wants were far and few in-between. There was no telling when the next lull would be, making this one all the more special.

"Well," he hissed, "ssshall we make ourssselvesss ussseful and ssstart gabbing? I reckon you both have much to catch up on with your friendsss, mm? Worry not, Kev; we can better attend to your darling underwear later, ha ha."

Maybe at Shai's house, too~!
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:40 pm

Oh, so it was the other green alien that he wanted Discord to take. Well, his wish had certainly been granted over the course of the 'performance'. Otherwise, Mortis kept his attention divided upon his brother, the lamb, and the show. Though the two former subjects held his attention the most readily. It was the settling, mainly. Settling the lamb so she could eat her vegetables in peace, and at the same time let the rest of the audience peacefully watch the show without being interrupted by the panicked bleating of a distressed sheep.

Although, speaking of her... The undead superfiend glanced up at the sky, noting how swiftly evening was setting upon them. Before too long, the sun would be setting and he would have to ride home in the dark. "Ssss..." It would be preferable that the lamb return home at a proper hour to settle and be ready to sleep. Riding back home would take a while even with Samhain's gift of unnatural speed.

Maybe he would end up leaving a little early after all.

"Did you enjoy yourssself, Mortisss? I know we are both unaccussstomed to peaceful gatheringsss, but I thought thisss would have been a nice event to ssshare. Woolie ssseemsss content, ha ha!"

Drawn from his thoughts, the undead superfiend turned his attention to Fear as he addressed him. Did he enjoy himself... The question was harder to answer than he anticipated, despite its simplicity. Throughout the acts, most of his attention was diverted to keeping the lamb content and relaxed during the outing. Not to mention the undead superfiend only held support for maybe one or two acts out of the lot. Yet, there was one answer he knew he could say with certainty; "If you and Kev are pleassed, brother, I am happy." He replied. All that he wanted was for his brother to be pleased, and what his brother wanted was for Mortis to attend Kev's little get-together. His own interests came second. As for the lamb, he looked down at the young ewe, who was contentedly munching away in his lap.

"I have been keeping her sssettled through mossst of the ssshow." He admitted, "Ssshe isss ussed to the country and itsss sssilence." The loudest things that Woolie heard was the roar of thunder when a storm passed over their farm, and maybe the sharp pop of gunshots while Mortis was busy further back on the property practicing his marksmanship.

Temptations indeed. He was surrounded by more life than he usually saw in a given day out in the endless sea of rolling grass. So many hearts thudding in his head, so many thoughts, lives, sinners. His brother's appreciative bass distracted him once again. "Thank you, brother. I think I ssshall take Woolie on a walk before we depart." He rasped, nodding. A lap around the park would do well to get all that pent up energy out of her for the trip home. Thankfully his brother seemed pleased with his brother's presence for the show, and did not seem all that interested in having him stick around overlong to... mingle.

He had not a clue who many of the people in this get-together were! Well, technically he could if he wanted to by scanning their thoughts, but he lacked the interest to do so.

That said, he looked down at the little black lamb in his lap, the remnants of a cucumber that she ate wetting her fuzzy lips. "Ssshall get sssome walkiesss in before we go home, Woolie?" He hissed, giving the ewe a gentle scratch between the ears. Swallowing the last bite of her juicy treat, the lamb looked up from where she sat curled up in Mortis' lap and bleated, her ears perking eagerly.

Oh boy, walkies!

With a pump of her legs, she hopped down from her Ma's lap and waited patiently for her towering parent to follow after her. Which he did, with a series of pops and creaks from his ancient joints. The plate was lifted from his lap as he did so, the small pile of vegetables he had gathered for his fluffy daughter having been reduced to a handful of pieces. Obviously there was no one around that would want to take someone's left over snacks, and Woolie had her fill for the evening. So, with a mere thought, both plate and its contents were disintegrated to rot and dust in his grasp. The crystalline amulet was retrieved from his pocket soon after, the ghoul replacing it upon his neck as his brother returned to Kev's side and suggested they do some walking and mingling.

Then, like a leaf on the breeze, both Mortis and Woolie whisked themselves away into the depths of Central Park.

(this will be my last post, thanks for hosting this, Zim. I think it went great.)

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:34 am