Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A Good Day For A Show

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:07 am

'Food!' pinged Link’s sense of smell and the boy sniffed the air again. Yep, definitely food. Was it his groceries? Nope, it was some new curtains in the bag, no food there. The restaurants nearby? Nope, it seems to be wafting over from….the park? His feet immediately turned him right back around, cutting short his fairy, Ciela’s ramblings about forgetting ice cream discount coupons.

“Link? Hey? Where are we going? The Inn is this way!” the fairy called but instead of slowing down or even pausing to give her any clue as to what he was doing, the innkeeper kept walking, following his nose very excitedly as he made his way past the duck pond, the playground and swerved off the path to shortcut through some bushes.

His eyes widened when the other side of the bushes revealed a stage and a lot of familiar peopl-- was that Shaiamils on stage in pants that looked like they were stitched right onto his bird-legs? Yes… yes, it was. He certainly wasn’t wearing anything like that during his stay at the inn. Did moving out help him find a new fashion style to focus on? Oh… er, he was singing as well… HE COULD SING? Link didn’t know that. Nor did he knew his ex-tenant could dance as well.

Link skimmed the area, wondering if this was a paid show and if he had stumbled into some privately organised by accident. But there were a lot of familiar faces in the crowd gathered and everything looked so cheery, inviting and… maybe if he just very discreetly take a seat at the very edge of the audience area, he could wait and quietly work out what exactly was going on, and where he has to go to pay for food?
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:36 pm

"If it isn't Leo and our precious Scoot; been a while, gentlemen. Care for a bite to eat? Made everything this morning."

"Oh hey, Leo and Alex! Things are going great over here. Hope the married life is treating you guys well. Like Big Z said, why don't you have a bite to eat? The taquitos are really, really good. He overdid himself!"

"Sup big, horned and purple?" Alex piped up, prying his eyes away from the hot dogs. He laughed a little when Jo mentioned their married life. "He's such a nag you wouldn't believe it." Leo rolled his eyes, setting a toquito on his plate.

"Ignore him, he's just upset that I make him clean up his own messes instead of acting like his mom." For his troubles he got a rather harmless elbow to the ribs from Alex, who continued on towards the hot dogs that he could no longer resist. "And I'd say he outdid himself, all this stuff looks great. You guys did an awesome job!"

Across the way Sonia yelled that she'd be over in a moment. Her Horde however were already moving in on the shrimp dumplings, oh Jo, little did you know that lobsters were actually known cannibals.

Leo waved back to Kev and Sonia returned her attention to the green alien while her horde began to slowly attempt to take off with every shrimp dumpling available. "I'm sure it will be....something." She said, vaguely wondering how much property damage might actually take place.

Everyone back in their seats and with their food waited patiently, applauding when Kev came on stage, even Tally quietly clapped as Sonia slid a toquito covered plate into her lap. A plate that nearly went tumbling when the first performer took the stage.

"Yeah sing it dude!" Alex called from the seats. Leo and Sonia cheered and Tally...Tally fought to keep the toquitos, fighting and flailing, but managing to keep them all on her plate.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Smiling as Kev greeted her back and agreed that he was glad that they weren't rained out Nyreena nodded and said in return, "Totally. It would have made things go absolutely bonkers. At least we have the weather on our side today so that this would be totally wonderful." Listening as he said that he, Fear, and Livewire had finished the last few details the day before and that he hoped that his act would meet her expectations the ghost smiled warmly and said, "That's great. Oh don't worry about it, Kev. I'm sure that whatever it is I'll like it very much." As he said that he couldn't wait to see the acts, including hers, and that he hoped that everyone had a good time she smiled a bit brighter and nodding she agreed, "Me too. This is sure to be a great for everybody here."

As she was talking with Kev Nyreena noticed the others that were arriving, such as Ola as she was getting some food to eat, The Spine in his finest to which she couldn't wait to hear his song, and the many others that were coming around. Seeing that Kev's attention was needed with other things she said to him, "I think I'm going to go ahead and change into my costume and let you hand the last minute things. See you in a bit!" Giving him a wave she made her way over to the restroom and slipped inside, moving her dress bag out in front of her and going into the handicapped stall closing the door behind her. Hanging the bag on the door she unzipped it and pulled it behind the handmade silver dress with a light blue sash around the waist. Gently smiling at it she got herself undressed the easy way (one of the great perks about being a ghost and having the power of intangibility) then slipped it on and fastened it close. Exchanging her brown boots for the dark silver flat-heeled ones she then pulled out the matching bolero and fastened it on along with the single right glove to almost complete the look. Packing her other clothes into the bag and zipping it up she stepped out and faced a mirror, dropping the bag next to her. Reaching up she pulled the ponytail out of her hair letting all of it flow down her back then reaching into a pocket of the bag she pulled out a decorative hair piece that matched her costume and fixed it onto the left side of her head the matching blue opaque crystals clinking against each other at the same time. Making sure that her makeup was the way she wanted it to be she smiled at her reflection and walked out, heading back to the seats to find one near the front and sat down stashing her bag underneath it. Taking a seat she was just in time for Kev to make his announcement and thank everyone for coming, adding a few things before taking his seat and letting the show begin.

Remembering that Shai was up first Nyreena watching in anticipation for him to appear on the stage and when he did she was immediately blown away by the outfit that Ola had made (to which she would have to find her and compliment her on how well she made that). As he started to sing a very, very recognizable song she started to laugh happily and clapped loudly in appreciation for his choice. As his performance drew on she continued to watch with pure joy at how he was dancing and singing and having a great time. When the interlude came she quickly gave out a foxy whistle for him then watched as the ending of the song came about and when he finished his performance with an amazing split it made her jaw drop and she quickly got to her feet letting out a huge amount of applause along with everyone else's. That was a definite way to start the show. And now it was her turn to show off what she had.

Once the applause was over and Shai had left the stage it was her turn to take it and show the dance she had worked on. Making sure her stuff would be alright she walked up onto the stage and giving a quick bow to the audience she assumed her position, which was a standing one on stage left with her right foot propped, her left arm crossed behind her back holding her right and looking slightly down, and gave the cue for her music to begin. When it did a piano was heard playing a couple of bars before the vocals were heard.

Home
    I've heard the word before,
    but it's never meant much more than
    just a thing I've never had.

A place
    They say, hey know your place.
    But I've never had a place to even know
    Or a face that I could go to if I need
    someone there.

As the words were sung Nyreena began her choreography, looking up then walking across to the corner of stage right in a dance-like pace until the word "thing" where she gently spun around posed on the word "had" and gracefully extending her arms. Holding it she quickly straightened back up lowering her arms and turning to face away on the balls of her feet she marched like a soldier on them then turned again with a pained look on her face as she crouched down like she was hurt looking at the floor of the stage before looking up and around like she was going to cry.

I'm laughing
    It's hard to hide the smile.
    My got it's been a while since
    I have had a reason to.

To think,
    it's been here all along
    Somewhere to belong
    And a reason,
    a something to believe in
    I finally found it,
    a place where I'm wanted
    This must be how it feels to have a home.

During the small interlude that followed she slowly rose to her feet at the same time got a realizing look on her face then when the vocals came back she smiled at the same time the word "smile" was sung, continuing to smile more she quickly backed up to almost where the curtain was getting more and more elated by the second. Sidestepping to the left she gestured to the park all round them, to all of the Breach then sidestepped to the right gesturing to everyone sitting in the seats then leaped forward pushing herself out over the audience flying around them while gesturing to herself then to them again before landing on the stage and doing a pirouette for a few spins to show her love of this place.

I used to dream about it
    But never schemed or counted
    on fantasies or wishes
    Breaks a man to see what he misses

And so many nights I'd pray
    for a better life and a better day
    But I never thought that it come true
    It's finally here and I don't know what to do
    And I'm trying not to cry
    This must be how it feels to have a home

Then as the music suddenly started to ramp up through her intangibility she pulled off her bolero and her glove casting them off the side of the stage and struck a dynamic pose while facing everyone before going into a vigorous part of her routine, every part matching what the words were spoken. Then when it slowed down she slowed down as well and acted like she was trying to keep herself from crying she knelt down on one knee the other leg stretched out behind her she looked up with her hands over her heart then stretched out her left hand to the sky. When the next and longer interlude began to play she danced majestically to it, using a lot of acrobatics in that part of the choreography.

I've finally made it,
    I've hoped and I have waited
    And for the first time in my life,
    I don't feel so alone.

My heart starts to heal
    To know this is real
    This is how it must feel....

To have a home!

As the final words of the song were being sung Nyreena had landed upstage and holding her arms out to the side she strode downstage with a confident smile then when she reached the middle of it she stopped and crossed her arms in front of her spreading them out to point out all of the audience. Tapping her right heel to the beat as she crossed her hand in front of her heart she spread out her arms again then as the last line was sung she lifted into the air and spun in time to the ending beat then when she was at the height she wanted to be she struck her final pose and let off two blue ghostly beams that burst in a faux display of fireworks. Staying in the air until the song was over then landed on the stage and took her bows.

Last edited by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:11 pm

Kev certainly looked like a nervous wreck, given how shakily he responded to his brother before waving to Woolie and then the towering sheep-skulled superfiend. His brother greeted him soon after, a clawed hand clapping him soundly on the back, jostling him and the cup he was holding. "Oh-!" He puffed, keeping himself steady under the brunt of Fear's affection. Thankfully the water did not splash too much, with Woolie backing away from the steadily draining cup for nary a moment just to look up to her equally towering uncle.

"Baaa!" Her long fluffy tail wiggled and wagged, happy to see who was quickly growing on her like a second set of parents. Fear addressed her directly, and the lamb hopped in place before stepping forward to rub her head fondly against his bony shin. Mortis looked up from the cup of water in his hand, joints creaking as he came to stand up from where he had kept the cup lowered to the lamb's level, she had drank plenty for the moment. "Sssshe iss growing up very well. Ssshe wass weaned a few weeksss prior to the ssshow, actually. The girl isss grazing all on her own, iss that right, Woolie?" The little black lamb noted her Ma's voice, turning her head from Fear's leg for a small moment to bleat back. She was growing up quick, she was! "Yesss~!" The ghoul bent at the waist to giver her a fond pat on the head before straightening once again. Fear heard the question proposed as well, and gave his response swiftly with Kev coming in close behind to affirm.

"If you would like, brother, you may sssit bessside me - I'm to the right of Kev's ssseat, the one with the ssstraw hat."

"Yes, absolutely! Will Woolie be in a chair, or will she sit in the grass? Because I'm sure we can spare a chair for her."

The ghoul nodded his bleached skull, pleased with the offer. "That would be perfect. Thank you, brother." The undead's eyeless gaze turned to Kev soon after. "Oh, no. You need not ssspare any ssseatsss, ssshe will be fine on the grasss or in my lap. Thank you for the offer, however." The ghoul replied, feeling a little better about the occasion now that he knew he was not possibly sitting off somewhere away from Fear with all these... Sinners about.

He nearly overlooked Livewire as she peeked out from behind Fear to give a quiet welcome of her own, a smile lighting up her faceplates at Woolie's presence. "Greetingsss, child." He rasped, knowing better than to ask anything more, or try to initiate conversation with her.

She knew what she was comfortable with, and he respected that.

Old habits died hard, alas. A few others came to speak to Kev, although his brother spoke the loudest among them, he only glimpsed at the arriving crowd before he turned his gaze back to Fear. Most of it was aimed at Kev, commenting on his nervous posture and thoughts before ushering him to the seats, inviting the sheep-skulled superfiend to come along and join the scaly alien. "Oh! Certainly, brother, allow me to get sssomething for Woolie firssst." It was the second seat to the right of Kev's place, he remembered would be his seat. It was remembered, and focused on as he went around to the snack table, navigating his way around.

"...I'm not just eating for you, you know, I'll give you a choice, though. Burger or hot dog...?"
    Okay, fine. I'll take a hot dog. Can we put some mayonnaise on it, though?

Second seat to the right, second seat to the right....

While Woolie and her towering parent navigated the food table with little challenge, within the ghoul's senses piqued with the thoughts he came close to as he moved around, the trinket around his neck able to block out only so much once he got close enough. He looped the handle of Woolie's leash around his wrist, mentally beckoning the lamb to follow.

The chatter of the numerous mortals filled his senses, tempting his more judicial urges, but otherwise the ghoul kept himself in check. It was no different than taking a trip to the Sanctuary to mingle, or the Mall to pick up a few gardening supplies...

This, he moved around the snack tables, cup of water held rigidly in hand as he perused for something that looked veggie-like. There was a veggie plate, he could see, with plates next to it. Now then, as for what was on there... He could make out cauliflower, broccoli, cucumbers, carrots, celery, and finally olives.

One of those he knew for sure was toxic to the lamb, the broccoli sticking out to him like a warning label. The carrots, celery and cucumbers however... Those he deemed fine and well. He set the cup of water down on the table for a moment while he got a plate ready, building a small pile of bite-sized vegetables for his fluffy companion. Something colorful caught his gaze next, the plates that had been set up with labels placed within nearly every treat.

The fruit skewers looked like they could be promising... But Mortis was unable to know whether those particular types would upset the lamb's stomach. Thus he kept to the vegetable platter, and left them be for the moment. Perhaps if he found any evidence that a lamb need not worry about melons or kiwi, he would let her try some, but for now, just the veggies would do. he plucked up the plate he created, holding it in his palm while he tok up the cup of water in the other.

Got the snacks, now for the seat.

Rotted soles made their way across the grass, his empty sockets focused upon the empty seat he was offered and little else. Not the growing crowd, not the increasing number of pounding hearts in close proximity and numerous thoughts that begged to be silenced. Although the crystal was exceptional at blocking out most thoughts, it certainly did not keep out the verbal chatter. Oh, and did the people here love to chatter.

Second seat on the right of Kev's hat.

Claimed.

Mortis shuffled himself into the row, mindful of his tail to prevent accidentally knocking something over with it as it swayed from side to side. The folding chair creaked beneath him as he sat down, his host looking too big for the chair as his legs splayed to the sides to ensure he fit in the row. He settled himself a little more into the seat, balancing the plate upon his leg after he set down the cup of water for the lamb to drink from. She ducked her head to it once more, sniffing and taking a few laps of the crisp liquid before she set her eyes upon the plate of veggies. Though she knew not the words or fathomed them, do want was clearly displayed upon her features.

Mortis of course, recognized it well. "Ssss... Very well, but do not gorge yourssself." He rasped taking a handful of the assorted veggies he picked out and offered them to her on an open palm. The lamb wiggled her tail and took the juicy slice of cucumber first, chewing it greedily and tilting her head around as she grew familiar with the new, strange food.

Alas, there was little time to admire the scenery, as soon after he sat down, the alien got up and announced that the show was about to begin. His socketed gaze turned to look at the green alien as he spoke, before focusing on the stage. Who was going to be the first act...?

Evidently it was going to be the doctor, as he came out onto the stage first, wearing... Leather, spikes, a chain? Well he certainly was no Skool of Hate member, as he noted the bird's glistening feathers and song of choice. Feathers, notably, that likely were not going to cooperate well with the leather outfit and stick out where they could find freedom. However, to see him up there, looking like that and singing was, well, admittedly expected. The bird already had weird tastes as it was, from what he had seen in the Sanctuary. Singing about sticky-sweet love while dressed in form-fitting leather, ending with a split was nothing he felt the need to get excited about. Just a feathery fool acting like a fool on stage.

Although there were a few that thought differently, from the loud yelling and whooping in the back. He certainly did not think he was that good, although he would not voice that opinion aloud. His brother and Kev likely would not look upon him very kindly for it. He looked back down to see if Woolie would need any more veggies.

Already she had moved onto the carrots, sniffing one of them before taking a nibble. Mortis gave her a small scratch behind the ears. "Good girl, trying new thingssss." He softly hissed, glancing up to see who the next act would be. Apparently the next act was the ghost-girl, as she arrived on stage dressed in silver and blue. Was she going to sing and dance too?

As the music started up, he was partially right. There was no singing from her, but there was dancing. She acted and moved to the lyrics and beat, but the ghoul found his gaze moving more towards the lamb instead of upon what was happening onstage. He had to make sure she was not taking too much of her carrots at once after all, she was still a little thing, despite all the growth she made in the short span of four months. Still, out of courtesy to those who invited him he looked towards the stage every so often until the dance ended. Ghostly fireworks erupted from Nyreena's hands upon rising into the air, before she landed again and bowed to the audience. It was not too bad, he supposed.

Looking back down to the lamb, he kept an eye on her as she munched away on a carrot. She did not seem to have much trouble chewing them, but biting off manageable pieces were a little difficult without a hand to keep them still. To keep her from knocking her treats off the plate, the ghoul picked up a carrot she had her eye on, offering it to her. She sniffed at it a little, before starting to nibble at the end. Little shreds of orange were beginning to get stuck to her face, and the ghoul noticed a few seeds from the cucumber were hitching a ride at the corners of her mouth. "Messsy thing, I ssshould have brought sssome napkinsss back from the table." he hissed to himself, his skull looking back over towards the snack table for a brief moment.

Maybe he could get over there and claim some napkins before the next performance? Although, if there were going to be acts back to back, his brother would want him to stay and watch. A thoughtful hiss escaped his host, and the ghoul bent down a little further to wipe the bits of food off Woolie's mouth. The lamb glanced up at her Ma questioningly, but otherwise did not fuss over the attention.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:44 pm

Mm... the horde and their little dirty lobster feet were going to make off with all his shrimp dumplings! Zurg may be a patient man in his older years, but poor etiquette was no excuse. "Yes, and I slaved away all morning, too..." the alien couldn't help but grumble to Leo, daintily urging a lobster off the tinfoil. Filthy, filthy, filthy! He quit fussing with Sonia's unruly darlings and looked up just in time to see spot Kev beginning with the introductions. Oh, the show must be starting!

"Hello everyone! We're about to start, but before we do I'd like to say a few things!

I'd like to thank you all for coming! I wanted this to be a community event, and the community has helped me make this a reality! People dedicated their busy lives to making refreshments, building a stage, coming up with performances, and even helping some of us create our acts! Even the people who just came to watch, without you we'd just be a ton of crazy people performing alone!

I can't tell you how much this means to me. Being here with you all feels great. Have as much food and drink as you like, sit back and relax as we see what talents the people of the Breach have to offer!"

A round of applause was earned from yours truly, Zurg wholeheartedly moved by the smaller alien's speech, no matter how simple. "We're happy to be here and with everyone, thank you, Kev!" Because, really, without Kev's commitment to making this possible and reaching out to the quietening members of Portal Breach, the community really hadn't done anything of this magnitude in such a long, long time. It was a pleasant deviation from the normal humdrum of everyday life! "And to think," the horned alien chuckled, lowering his voice, "I had kidnapped him several times and even threatened to blow him up to smithereens." Yes sir, those were the days... Anyway, looks like the first performance was about to begin!

And boy, what a performance it was.

Leather. Nothing but leather and seductive hip swaying. Zurg immediately covered Jo's eyes with a purple hand, his cheeks burning. "Good heavens, Jo, don't watch!" he pleaded. "There's a sexy bird-man strutting his stuff in front the audience, baring it all! Oh won't he think of the children!?" Very catchy tune, though... Hadn't he heard it somewhere before? It was impossible to remember, because all that glitter and feathery fluff was just mesmerizing.

He huffed and glanced away. "Well, you certainly wouldn't catch me doing any of that..." And a split on stage, goodness gracious! This performer was an absolute madman.

Fortunately for the alien's prudish tastes, the next performer was far more family-friendly. "Ahh, that must be Nyreena," Zurg remarked over his clapping for Shai. "She looks rather dazzling in that dress, doesn't she?" See? Much more reasonable than leather, and studs, and hip-waggling, and just - ugh...! And not a bad pair of vocals on her, too... Though it wasn't a song he ever remembered hearing, it was nevertheless a wonderful performance, right down to the ghostly display at the end. "Good show, good show!" Zurg clapped again. A risque number and a sobering routine immediately after; so far, so good! What else was in store for the audience?

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 52

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

Post by Arro on Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:29 am

Over the city Arro flew like a painted kite, rolling in and out of wind tunnels, making quick progress on his usual route through the skyscrapers. He flew low for the sake of a tailgater, a fluttering blackbird riding his slip stream but still doing her best to keep pace.

Arro was paying little mind to the urban activities below, it was rare that anything concerning him ever went on in this place. He likely would have passed by entirely, eyes glued on the distant clouds, if it wasn't for the faint pounding beat radiating up from below. The strange garbled sounds grabbed his ear, tearing his eyes away from the horizon. Below him in one of the cities scant natural areas was gathered a large group of people, their sounds of conversation and music amplified and carried up to him by the larger surrounding buildings. Arro rumbled, his pupils refocusing on the distant bustling figures. Already without really thinking about it his curiosity was beginning to pull him earthward.

Over his shoulder the bird, a pied crow, croaked out in protest of the change in destination. She had overshot him and flapped furiously to rejoin him.

Arro pulled up against the wind into standstill, floating backwards on the breeze as he peered down on the crowd below. At least a dozen people were gathered together on the grassy lawn, their eyes attuned to someone singing and dancing on a stage backed with booming speakers. Looking closer Arro could see and hear that it was Shaiamils strutting his stuff down there. Did they all come to watch him? There were so many people. The bird who'd returned to his shoulder cawed again, and he briefly flicked an eye her way, then cawed twice in response.

"Let's wait a minute, this might be fun," he said in crow speak, or something along those lines. The language wasn't an eloquent one.

The breeze propping them up faded just then and Arro turned his hover into a dive. Hraktl croaked and fluttered her wings in distaste but was quick to follow.

Still several hundred feet up, Arro needed space to descend and make a landing that wouldn't send the unclaimed seats or food down there airborne. After losing enough height he leveled his wings out into a glide like a controlled fall, making a smooth descent past the park. Buildings whipped by between him and the grassy sanctuary as he drifted towards traffic. He flew over a few traffic stops, then veered left to circle the block and slip between the high rises. Myriad red reflections rippled to either side as he skirted glass structures, then threaded the needle between two more identical buildings to exit the city and emerge over the lawn.

Arro skimmed the tree tops bordering the park before coming into a running landing. He skipped for as long as the momentum carried him, sending stray blades and the scent of freshly cut grass whirling into the air, before evening out into a walk.

He huffed out hot breath, folded his wings away and came within a dozen feet of the back of the crowd before he had to stop and be still to absorb all the sights, sounds and smells of so many strange and varied people in one place. The exuberant movement on the stage, the thundering deep bass booming out over crowd, the scent of sweat in the sun and sizzling food on a grill. All senses of which bombarded him in a single instant. He found his nose fighting with his eyes, trying to draw his gaze towards the sausages Njorth was frying up, but Shaiamils' frantic movements were hard to ignore. They were like something between the entrancing flailing of a panicking prey animal and the hypnotic grace of a mating display. Those two things shouldn't have worked together but somehow Shaiamils managed to pull it off.

"Kaw!"

Hraktl, out of nowhere like a feathery missile, had caught up to him and landed with a fussy flutter atop his left horn.

"Kawww!" she cawed again, "Much, many!"

Arro shut his eyes against the brush of her long black primaries, stealing peeks between flaps to see what Shaiamils was doing. "Yes, many."

He must have just caught the tail end of the... whatever it was. The music was winding down and Arro found his hind claws tapping in the grass to the end of the tune. He had no idea what any of the lyrics meant but he liked the brash beat. Or rather the deepness of it and the vibrations it sent through the earth, it felt like being surrounded by many drai rumbling at once.

"Krork, krakaww!?"

Arro snorted and gently shook his head. "Come, just a bit. I want to see what's next," he hushed in his own tongue, transitioning to crow speak at the end. Quiet cawing that more or less equated to a promise not to stay too long and that she should look around for something to occupy herself with.

Hraktl cocked her head back and forth from atop her perch, her black and white feathers fluffing up as she worked herself into a huff. She didn't like the quiet cawing, cawing should be loud! She didn't like the noise either, it was louder than her, nothing should be louder than caws! The indignity!

She delivered one last raucous croak into his ear, to show him how it was done in case he'd forgotten, then flapped vigorously into the air. Arro nipped at her feet which earned him a surprised squawk, then she vanished, landing somewhere behind the food tables. Undoubtedly destined to find trouble among the lobsters there.

The red party-crasher returned his attention to the stage, examining the tops of the many skulls facing it. All the usual sanctuary visitors were here it seemed. Kev and Zurg, the undead judges, Livewire, and their friends were up front, he caught glimpses of others bustling behind the stage, Uriel and Sonia were towards the sides... Nearly everyone he was vaguely familiar with were here, and so many more he didn't recognize. Members of the crowd were alternatively cheering, chatting or occasionally broke off to visit the table of food and drink adjacent to their seats. Arro's nose drew his head higher, and he actually craned his neck as if it would allow him to better sample the scents. There it was again, the scent of those sausages Njorth was roasting on the grill. His nostrils gained a mind of their own, twitching curiously and trying to pull him towards the meat, but he snorted and shook it out of his system. He should save his appetite.... or at least figure out if it was appropriate to eat anything first. Besides, there were more interesting things happening in front of him.

Shaiamils had long since exited the stage and Nyreena had taken his place.

So it was some kind of show, with multiple performers?

Nyreena struck a pose on the platform, and silently waited, then new music swelled behind her and she began to move. Unlike the bird man the ghost girl didn't sing, but she danced well and each pose seemed carefully coordinated to the lyrics. He preferred the other music to what was playing now, the singer's voice didn't strike him as particularly good for a human, but Nyreena's alternating crane and cat-like movements paired with the ghostly burst of lights at the end made up for it.

Arro waited for the act and the cheering to end before sitting up and prowling over to the outer seats.

He spotted Tally towards the edge and called over to her when there was a break in the noise, "Hey Tally, what's going on?" he asked, inclining his head in the direction of the stage.

He'd guessed most of it but was wondering if the show was on account of a special occasion or maybe another human holiday he hadn't heard of.

Last edited by Arro on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:57 am

After Shia's performance the cheers from their little group died down. Alex returning to eating, Leo eagerly awaiting the next act, Sonia doing her best to corral the horde that circled at her feet, and Tally FINALLY putting that plate of toquitos down into the seat next to her. No more of that nonsense.

As Nyreena took the stage Sonia let out a soft sound of admiration at the dress. Quietly they all pondered if perhaps she would also sing, but were pleasantly surprised to find out that instead she would be dancing. Tally didn't know much about proper dancing, but as a swordswoman she could appreciate the balance in Nyreena's movements. Sonia and Leo however had both been raised dancing, and for years after her arrival Sonia had loved to dance, still loved to, even if she hadn't in a very long time...

They could appreciate more than either Alex or Tally the effort, and out of the four they enjoyed watching Nyreena dance the most. She was lovely and when she came to a stop, the beautiful ghostly lights bursting into a fireworks display Leo whistled loudly in admiration and Sonia cheered. "Well done!" Perhaps she would take up dancing again herself...

But then as the cheering died a voice cut through, Tally looked over and hey wow there was a dragon. How had she let that sneak up on her? "Hey Arro," Tally greeted the dragon kindly, keeping her voice down so as to as not bother the other audience members. "This is a talent show. People signed up awhile ago to be in it and are showing up different talents that they have for the fun of it."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:58 pm

"Yes, and I slaved away all morning, too..."

Oh Big Z, you baby.

Jo could only roll her eyes, a smile evident on her face. "Trust me, I'll know all about nagging," she teased. Hint, hint~! The mechanic pointedly ignored all the skittering on their table and helped herself to a tacquito. Hey, she helped bake the damn things! "Mm... nothing like a good crispy snack to go with a show." While folks were starting to take their seats and get situated, Jo plopped right down on her chair behind their food stall. "Hey, there's Kev in front!" she pointed out, mouth full. Guess who didn't particularly care for seeing chewed up beef and corn tortilla?

"Hello everyone! We're about to start, but before we do I'd like to say a few things!

I'd like to thank you all for coming! I wanted this to be a community event, and the community has helped me make this a reality! People dedicated their busy lives to making refreshments, building a stage, coming up with performances, and even helping some of us create our acts! Even the people who just came to watch, without you we'd just be a ton of crazy people performing alone!

I can't tell you how much this means to me. Being here with you all feels great. Have as much food and drink as you like, sit back and relax as we see what talents the people of the Breach have to offer!"

Aw, Kevvy-kins~!

"Thanks to you and everyone else for putting this all together and getting folks motivated - we love you! Big Z's also sorry about trying to blow you up to smithereens!" Because it was such a lovely idea getting the community all here, with so many familiar faces and good food. Craters, it sorta felt like old times, you know? By the time the cheering died down and the music began, Jo was already batting Big Z's arm wildly. "Ooh, it's about to start, it's about to start!" she eagerly shouted. And - oh my galaxy, who was that feathery stud strutting his stuff in tight, tight leather? Consider the mechanic's interest way in the stratosphere, because Jo couldn't take her eyes of a certain avian doctor. "...Wow," she remarked, a pinch starry-eyed. With both hands clasped together, she coyly glanced at the disapproving alien sitting beside her. ...Well, tried to look at him anyway, because Big Z was such a humongous pill. He had the gumption to cover her eyes with his hand! She promptly brushed it off and elbowed her grumpy space heater. "Take it easy there, Sister Zee~!" Jo obnoxiously cooed. "Whereas you can't imagine yourself doing that, I certainly have no problem. You would look strapping in tight black leather~!" Lawrence would promptly agree, too.

But alas! Shai's performance didn't last forever, and soon after his daring split - and it was very daring - a new performer took the stage. Unlike the previous number, this was apparently a... dance with karaoke? Jo wasn't very educated when it came to theater. "Oooh, that's a fancy dress," she murmured, coming down from her high. Though she couldn't quite put a finger on the song, the mechanic nevertheless gave a happy round of applause once Nyreena finished. "Yay! You both did so well, I love it!" she cheered. But seriously, Big Z - tight, black leather. At least think about it, alright?

"Mm~!" She took a mischievous bite out of her tacquito with a hearty crunch!
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:40 pm

Awww, Kev! The mummy smiled at the alien as he made his way to the stage. He looked so cute in that dress, and gave everyone such a sweet introduction to boot. What a guy, that Kev! Seeing as this was a prelude to the actual show, Ola knew to get her phone ready. According to Shai, he was supposed to be the opening act. The bandaged alien could only assume that this meant that he would soon take the stage.

Ah, speak of the devil. There he was! Mere moments after Kev's opening speech, the doctor replaced him on the stage. Despite having seen him in costume before the show, Ola was still floored by the avian's presentation. He looked even better with all that glitter and makeup on. Before the music even had a chance to start, the Thep Khufan had her phone camera running. Nobody had better mess up the perfect shot she had!

Already it would seem that the feathery alien was exceeding expectations. Ola had a feeling that he was good, but not this good. He was phenomenal! A wink in her direction during the doctor's musical interlude did not go unnoticed either.

"That's it, doctor," she said under her breath, "make love to the camera!"

As quickly as the act began, though, it was over. The mummy was really disappointed to see it end, but was nonetheless happy as a lark to have been able to witness such a stellar performance, and with a costume she made herself, no less. She hooped and hollered as the avian left the stage, allowing the next performer to come up and shine.

That costume you made really did him justice~ came a familiar voice from insideof Ola's head. She chuckled at her ghostly partner's compliment.

"You're too good for me, Spenst~"

By the look of it, Nyreena was next. Given the ghost girl's known hobbies, the bandaged alien could only assume that she had made her own dress for the performance. It was a very lovely dress at that. Ola would have to be sure to give her some much deserved compliments later. The mummy nodded in approval as Nyreena danced across the stage. She was very graceful indeed, very impressive. When she finished, she made a point to clap very loudly for her. This was going to be a great day.
    The Spine
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by The Spine on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:57 pm

By the time a familiar reptilian humanoid took the stage, The Spine had already reclaimed his seat and replaced his hat. His bottle and tank were full, so all that was left was for him to sit back and enjoy the show while waiting for his turn.

The first act was rather…edgy? Was that the word people had begun using on the internet? He vaguely recognized the song. The entire act reminded him of a previous era of rock, when the music had gotten louder, the lyrics had gotten more daring, the sound had become more electronic, and the performances made another generation scream. Rock music had been both a blessing and a curse; on one hand, the robot band's music satisfied the crowds who rejected the new craze, and on the other, the band once more had to adapt to another new audience. By the later 1900's, however, the latter wasn't a problem whatsoever. After so many decades performing, the robots had long since learned to adapt, even without the help of The Spine's adaptive programming.

Inspiring history aside, the performance itself wasn't half bad. The audience as a whole seemed to be giving it mixed reviews from extreme to extreme, from several enthusiastic screams to a rather bashful reaction from someone in the front who actually covered his friend's eyes. The Spine's own reaction was some earnest applause as well as a relatively quiet shout of approval which matched his smile. Sexuality aside, the performance was bombastic and entertaining in its daring attitude, and The Spine was impressed by at least the bird's stage presence and flexibility if not his voice. Stardom may or may not be in his future, but he seemed to be happy, and that was all that mattered at this sort of community performance.

The next act was more conservative, but no less entertaining. The song was more mellow, much like a showtune. He didn't recognize it, but assumed it was from a movie or musical of some kind. It wasn't being sung along to this time, but rather served as the backdrop for a dance. And he also recognized the performer this time; she had been in one of his busking audiences a while back. And he had to say, he was impressed. Not only was her dancing graceful and fitting with the music she had chosen, but her creative application of her powers was also rather mesmerizing to watch, even for the automaton. Rather than overly flashy or even sickening, the bursts of color that signaled her finale were incredibly aesthetically pleasing. The Spine was even making a couple of notes…

All in all, the show seemed off to a great start, leaving The Spine patiently wondering who was next.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:00 am

Jobs had been semi-steady for Mitchell Finley, as he checked the bulletin board at least twice a week to see if anybody had left him a note. During the past month as he had checked the board, he had seen a poster for some sort of talent show. It was a nice idea, but not one Mitchell had any interest in joining. While his skills were fine for a bit of work, he doubted anyone would be wow-ed by cooking, or making an outfit. Even tinkering might get a few snores, as mechanic work wasn't extraordinary here. Besides, he preferred not to be the center of attention. The little talent show had floated by his brain easily, not paying it too much mind as he went about his day. It was only now, as what seemed to be a muscular young man walked past the Central Park, that he was reminded of the talent show's existence. And what a reminder it was!

♪Love is like a bomb baby c'mon get it on
    Livin' like a lover with a radar phone

It was an uncanny feeling, hearing the lyrics and recognizing them easily. He knew this song! His eyes seemed to snap open, staring at the Park as he could see a stage with lights to brighten it up, all the way at the back of the Park area. Curiosity peaking, his feet carried him into the Park as he gawked, taking in the singer. Dressed all in leather, it was...a bird man! With the way he was singing and danging, he might as well have been a peacock. Before the stage were several rows of chairs, with people seated on them and watching the performance. Nearby was food that looked quite delicious. The crowd of people were an odd blend, some familiar and others not so much. None looked uncomfortably familiar though, and as he eased up, Mitchell allowed the song to play pleasantly in his ears while he kept to the back of the group, like an onlooker who might dash at the slightest provocation. With bronze skin, thick muscles and a head of shaggy black hair, he blended in well thanks to his hologram disguise. The song ended with the bird man doing a split, and Mitchell chuckled lightly as he began to relax, hands clapping for the man's performance. It was different, but one couldn't argue with those pipes or that choice of song!

Next up was a pale young woman with striking blue hair, dressed in a silver dress. The material looked quite nice, although it was a bit too asymmetrical for his own tastes. Still, it was more a matter of taste than anything and the silver did look quite pretty with her skin tone and hair. Her act was almost a performance dance, a song being played as she danced and acted to it. It was a very lovely song, and it hit a chord or two with the fish alien beneath the disguise. His face scrunched up, feeling a little emotional as a hand waved at his eyes, though that wouldn't have worked for obvious reasons. Still, he was entranced as she performed and ended it with the woman levitating into the air and spinning. Striking a final pose, she let out two beams of light from her hands that sparkled and burst into fireworks in the air! "Whoo-hoo!" Mitchell cheered, clapping fervently for the show of pyrotechnics. Cleo wouldn't mind if he was a little late getting home, right? The store would still be open for him to get some goods and come back to the Inn! For now, as he lightly regarded the people around him, he decided that maybe...just maybe, he could get out of his comfort one to appreciate this little show.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:04 am

Hmm, there didn't seem to be any budding disturbances needing his stalwart attention...

Fear didn't know what was worse: the fact that nearly everyone was enjoying themselves (and therefore causing his decrepit melon to ache) or the fact that no one had mysteriously (and rather happily) succumbed to a most random and incredibly virtuous death. "Ah well..." The towering superfiend wasn't too fussed and continued about his rounds, his corpse gait rickety and lethargic. It was... good, he supposed - how things hadn't devolved into hellish flames and a gory rainfall of tattered limbs and organs, that was. Already he could spy, with his many eyes, several in the crowd who were rather... mm, vitriolic against the agents of undeath and general 'eau du crypt'. In true anti-social fashion, Fear did what he did best: creeping. Though, it was a little difficult melding into the shadows when a certain glaring star had yet to set... Eh, looming behind the furthest row of chairs from the stage will have to suffice.

He wasn't alone in his noble crusade to avoid stepping on a few sensitive toes, thankfully. A familiar shade of yellow entered his vision, even if a pale shimmer of what it once was, and Fear eagerly obliged Livewire's unspoken desire. It was subtle, swift, and most importantly of all... silent. The malaise of the grave shrouded the both of them from curious glances and simmering tempers; if nothing else, the unpleasant aura commonly associated with the helmeted ghoul's likeness ought to keep would-be conversationalists at bay.

Ssso good to sssee you out and about, lassss. And I ssssee you brought a little rassscal along for the ride, too. Do remember to mind your mannersss around the food, Tiresssiasss - I sssaw you eyeballing thossse sssausssagesss. Speaking of that... A wonderful job, by the way. Your cooking isss real top, mo ssseillean mòr. The thoughts were delicate, warmhearted. Livewire and her furry companion had nothing to fear - that would make him a rather terrible guardian if the contrary, now, wouldn't it? Should the femme be observant (hardly a single detail escaped Livewire's ravenous intellect), she would easily notice a grisly hand urging for one of her own. I reckon the ssshow isss about to ssstart sssoon, continued Fear, his reverberating voice impossible to dismiss. Kev and I have already claimed a ssseat for you, up at the front. If you get anxiousss, I'll excussse usss both to the back - maybe even prop you up on my ssshouldersss for a better view, hmm? I hear bloody busssesss like a good -

"Hello everyone! We're about to start, but before we do I'd like to say a few things!"

All teasing was promptly cut short as a scaly alien waaaaay up at the front stood on his tiptoes, the sun in his eyes and his... well, Kev doesn't really have a stomach, does he? Well, something was aflutter, and that something needed a little confidence boost of the psychic variety. Finally... Fear had been worried about being a useless bump on a log for the past half hour!

"I'd like to thank you all for coming! I wanted this to be a community event, and the community has helped me make this a reality! People dedicated their busy lives to making refreshments, building a stage, coming up with performances, and even helping some of us create our acts! Even the people who just came to watch, without you we'd just be a ton of crazy people performing alone!"

That's it, Kev... You just stand there and look pretty, because those collywobbles getting you all a'jitter? Yes, well, consider them purged.

From their distant spot in the back, even competing against a swollen sun, there was no mistaking the hazy silhouette of a ghoul waving his arm. You're doing great, Kev, you're doing great! This speech was in the bag, so don't worry about messing up. Simply concentrate on the words tumbling in your Gorgonzola and snatch that confidence!

"I can't tell you how much this means to me. Being here with you all feels great. Have as much food and drink as you like, sit back and relax as we see what talents the people of the Breach have to offer!"

And you're done! See? That wasn't so bad, was it?

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP!

"That'sss the ticket, Kev - ssshort and sssweet!" Fear encouraged. Apologies, those sitting in the back; who knew that ginormous corpse hands made for ridiculously-loud applause? Don't worry, don't worry. As the delegated moral support, the superfiend was attentive enough to recognize his cue. He gave Livewire's tiny hand a light squeeze and led them to their seats, the taller of the two doing his utmost best to stoop. Sorry, pardon, mind your feet and hooves! Careful of his brother and Woolie, Fear guided the femme to her chair first before sitting on his own with a bony creak. "Good ssspeech, love!" he whispered to the alien beside him. "Told you it wouldn't be ssso bad. Why the fear of public ssspeaking isss ssso prevalent, I'll never know." Made for an interesting way to die, admittedly. Know what else was an interesting way to die? Stage fright. Stage fright like whoa.

Lights, camera, ACTION! From out of the darkness emerged the hospital's resident bird-man: Bird-man! Er, Shaiamils - but it was much easier simply referring to him as Bird-man. ANYWAY, look at what he was wearing - leather! Tons of leather. It wasn't quite a fetish (it was totally a fetish), but it was close enough to get Fear's rusty old motor going. The personal wink didn't help things, either... And when the music started up, Bird-man shaking that feathery ass of his, bare chest and all? WITH GLITTER!?

Fear lost it.

Ever seen a 7'6" helmeted ghoul squeal like a teenage girl at a boy band concern? Well, look no further, because Shai had just earned himself his first groupie. "AAAAAHHHHH, HE WINKED AT ME. ME, ME, ME. SSSIGN MY PURSSSE, BIRD-MAN!" Guess who was the 'purse'?

Perhaps it was the fact that Def Leppard was blasting on eleven and Fear had never gotten the chance to see Skool of Hate back home, or perhaps it was the fact that Bird-man was giving the front row a full frontal. Perhaps it was just because Bird-man was covered in shiny tight leather like the delicious eye candy he was. Whatever the reasoning was, what came next was sure to delight.

Something flew through the air at the end of Bird-man's riveting performance, landing mere inches from his birdy feet. It should be noted that Fear didn't wear undergarments, so...

"Call me~!" he rasped, blowing a kiss.

If the avian doctor was a feather fool being a fool on stage, then his No. 1 groupie was no better. Not like Fear minded a wink, though! He was having great fun. Of course, that fun unceremoniously died once Bird-man walked off-stage and Nyreena took his place. "Aww... that'sss all from you, Bird-man? I guessss you egg-layersss aren't blesssssed in the ssstamina department." Pity! Now, what's this next act, hmm? A choreographed dance routine by the looks of it - and with such an interesting song, too. The contrast was noticeable from Def Leppard, but it wasn't... bad? To be honest, Fear didn't know what to make of it, though her handmade dress was genuinely beautiful. Compared to the high he felt watching Bird-man shake his 'thang' in nice hot leather (which totally wasn't a fetish, by the way), this was rather soothing... So soothing in fact, it helped the helmeted superfiend coast into a dreamy state of mind, a familiar tune humming in his throat. "Hmm, hmm, hm, hm-hm hmmm~!"
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:27 pm

As much as Njorth detested it, he said nothing in regard to the mummy-like woman putting mayonnaise on her hot dog, and in such large amounts, too. The very idea of it was repulsive to the alchemist, but he still retained composure at the sight. She had every right to do whatever she wanted to with her food, after all, no matter how disgusting others might see it. His attention quickly drifted from the mayonnaise, however, when Kev took the stage. By the look of it, he was delivering an introduction to the crowd. So the show was about to start, then!

And that it was. As the Nord gave some brief applause as the scaly alien left the stage, he was replaced nearly instantly with a large, feathery bird-man clad in leather. Njorth had seen him quite a few times before, but had never formally spoken with him. As soon as the music started, he knew that this was going to be quite the interesting show. Loud music, seductive dancing, this performance had it all! He even found himself tapping his feet to the beat of the song. As the avian closed with a split, Njorth clapped loudly for him. An excellent job!

The alchemist recognized the next performer as well. Nyreena, was it? Her outfit was quite lovely, which only served to vastly improve the quality of her performance. It was a beautiful sight to behold, the ghostly woman dancing oh-so-gracefully across the stage. Bravo, bravo! Just as he had done for Shaiamils, he had delivered a hearty round of applause as she too left the stage.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:03 am

His birdy ex-tenant’s act was over and Link was still safely in his seat, not escorted out by any well-muscled security. So, he guess that meant he was safe? There were some others who arrived soon after him as well and he didn’t see any of them being stopped and made to buy a ticket. So maybe this WAS a public free-for-all thing. In whiiiich case.....

His fairy barely had time to comment about Shaiamils’ performance (“Well that was unexpec--” was all she managed to say) before Link was on his feet, his purchases from before left on the chair to mark it as his and in a green hungry blur, he was over at the food tables, ogling over the selection before the smell of hot dogs lured him over to Njorth’s grill.

“Aa!” he greeted the alchemist with a wave and a smile. He pointed at the hot dogs then held up a finger to imply he wanted one. “Please,” added his fairy from atop his head. It’s hard to mind your Ps and Qs sometimes when you can’t talk, thankfully his fairy companions are always here to help him along. The boy waved his hands vaguely over the grill area, as if not very sure what he wanted. “What else do you have?” translated the fairy as she wondered if they should just move their seat from the edge of the audience to a place nearer the grill, because Link would undoubtedly be a frequent visitor.

While they waited for their hot dog order, Link and his companion returned their attention back to the stage where a really prettily dressed Nyreena had appeared. The fairy turned back to Njorth again. “Njorth, sorry to ask,” she said in a hushed voice as the music for Nyreena’s performance started up. “What exactly is this, are the food free and is everybody here suppose to go up on stage or something? A talent performance in exchange for food? Because we didn’t come prepared at all if that is so.”

What even could Link perform? Well, definitely not singing and he wasn’t a dancer either. Plus, with the spectacular display Nyreena was putting on, Link wasn’t sure he would want to do any dancing things after her. It was really nice! And then there was the fantastic ending with ghostly beams. He clapped enthusiastically and was greatly looking forward to what or who would be on stage next.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:56 am

((Quick apologies! I intended to post sooner than this, but things got in the way. If anybody else finds their posting delayed by things beyond their control, don't worry! Just let me know what's going on and you're squared. Since this isn't a plot, there's no penalties for posting on time or not, and letting a day or two squeak by won't ruin anything. Hope you guys are enjoying the thread! Also, I'm putting Kev's act under a spoiler because it went on longer than I thought it would... I promise, this will be the last super long post from me!))

Nyreena's insistence that she'd like his act no matter what did a good job at making him feel good. With such amazing acts and preparations in store for the day, he almost felt embarrassed now. If nothing else, maybe his act could be something to bide the time before the next one...? As more people arrived, Nyreena excused herself to go get ready and Kev waved back at her. "See you!" Turning back to Mortis and Woolie, he cooed. "Aaw...~ They always grow up before you know it. With Lavender, she seemed to sprout up do fast... Like all I had to do was blink." Now she was an old bitty, in sheep years. What was very cute however, was the way Woolie seemed to answer Mortis, pausing in her affections on Fear to do so. The former Judge seemed content to claim a seat near Fear and Kev, and Woolie's seat would be either a patch of grass or Mortis' lap. "You're welcome!" Kev was soon ushered to his seat, and Mortis took a brief detour to get a few more things for the little lamb. Once the ghoul came, claiming the seat beside Kev himself, the alien patiently watched as Woolie nibbled at her vegetables. Quite the little chewer, she was! Almost like a rabbit.

When it came time for Kev to stand and give his opening speech, the collywobbles were back with a vengeance. It wasn't often that Kev had to speak before a group of people like this, and though he had practiced in front of a mirror, it still felt like he was leaving so much out! His large eyes roamed the crowd as he stared out, picking out familiar and unfamiliar faces alike. They were really beginning to attract a little crowd, now! That detail was a little daunting... So many people to disappoint! His gaze found one man in particular though, a rather tall and ghoulish one, and those butterflies seemed to fly away at the sight of him. Kev's hand moved in a subtle wave of his own. A warmth took over, completely banishing his uneasy feelings as he finished up on his speech. The crowd clapped and called out their approval, the alien's scaly cheeks turning a bright emerald in response. Jo's apology in particular made the scaly man chuckle and wave a bashful hand. The past was in the past! Humbled by the praise, Kev sat back down in his seat and made himself comfortable. Fear made his way over to the seats that had been saved, settling Livewire and Tiresias into one chair before settling into his own. The alien leaned into Fear's side lightly, one hand finding the ghoul's much larger one and lacing their fingers together. "Thank you, kikiri~. And thank you for the boost!" Kev whispered back, so as to not disturb the area around them. As for public speech being a prevalent fear? He shrugged sheepishly. Perhaps it was all of those eyes...

First to show off his talents was Shai, who had managed to draw up interest with his visits to the Sanctuary. Leathers and glitter, all of the details the bird alien shared pointed to his act being a very bombastic one. The feathery man took the stage, and Kev's eyes widened at the sight. A studded, leather jacket, leaving the man shirtless underneath. What looked like a chain was hanging around his neck, and a pair of tight leather pants clung to the man's legs, the rips allowing some feathers to poke through. As promised, glitter glinted off of his feathers, and Shai sent a wink in their direction, though Kev could tell exactly who that was meant for. Particularly because the recipient suddenly held Kev in his hands and held him out towards the stage, begging for an autograph! Scales turning an even brighter shade of green, he chuckled softly and admired the show, hands covering his cheeks sheepishly. He had to admit, Shai really knew how to work it in that outfit, and this song was very catchy! Head bobbing with the beat, the only thing that really shocked him was the underwear that went flying up on the stage!

"Fear!" He hissed harshly, trying to keep himself hushed as he turned to the ghoul. "Where were you hiding that?!" More importantly, was Fear going to grab it back up at the end or buy him another pair? Sinking back into his chair, the alien kept his head ducked low and hoped no one would guess where those boxers came from... With a split that was sure to impress a certain someone, Shai stepped off the stage. The heat soon began to leave his cheeks, and Kev was no longer hiding in his seat as he clapped along with everybody. Fear's reaction was a little embarrassing, but not in a bad way. It was actually fun to hear the ghoul whoop and holler like a young man at his first club. Even if he was hollering at another man and asking to be called, Kev merely settled against him and rubbed his head into the side of Fear's shoulder.

Nyreena took the stage in a shiny, silvery dress that looked very nice on her, though her little hair accessory caught his attention the most. With her hair down, long and flowing, it made the crystals really stand out with her hair, the lights reflecting off of them lightly. "Oooh..." A piano began to play, the song very pretty as it started up. Much more relaxed compared to Shai's act, but very lovely. Nyreena's dance was a bit on the interpretive side, gracefully moving with the song and acting out the lyrics. As the song began to build, intensifying, Nyreena pulled off her little jacket and a glove, tossing them aside with a dynamic pose to show her triumphant and elation. His gaze was transfixed as the ghost woman used the song to express herself, the alien himself feeling a kinship with the song. To end her act, Nyreena used her powers to unleash a great show of pyrotechnics as she hovered in the air. Kev watched the fireworks, amazed, respectfully quiet until she bowed, at which point he began to clap for her. Amazing! He had no idea she could move like that!

As Nyreena took her leave from the stage, it suddenly hit Kev like a bite on the buttocks that it was his turn! Oh, who in the heck scheduled it so that he went right after two great performances?! ...Right. Kev himself had made up the schedule. Face burning again, the alien moved in a stilted motion to stand up from his seat. Ooooh tulsit, tulsit... Reaching over to take Livewire's hand, he lead her to the back of the stage where their supplies were waiting. A table with wheels came rolling from behind the curtain, a long sheet overtop of it with paint along the top and front of it. With thick swirling green and colorful little dots, it seemed to be a meadow of some kind. The two of them kneeling so that they were hidden behind the table, Kev popped his head up over the side for one last message before he began. "L-livewire helped me to write the script for this puppet show, and she will be handling the props while I do the puppets!" His head popped back down fast, voice a little shaky. Back behind the table, Kev gave Livewire's hand a quick squeeze. "We've got this." It wouldn't be the best act in the entire showcase, the acts before them had already been pretty amazing...but this was for fun, right? No winners, no losers... Just a grand old time. With that reminder, the scaly man took a deep breath and slipped two felt puppets over his hands.

Spoiler:
    A cardboard cutout of a cottage popped up from behind the table, situated neatly among the painted meadow on the sheet. "Once there were two friends named Richard and Lyndi, who lived together in a cottage in a meadow." Up popped two puppets made of felt, sewn by hand with wobbly little eyes. One puppet was a gray tabby cat with a dark purple dress and a matching bow on one ear. Black eyelashes were glued to her little eyes. This was Lyndi, and upon saying her name Kev held her a little higher for the crowd.. The other puppet was a dog, a black and brown Doberman with a little black bowtie around his neck. This was Richard, and upon saying his name Kev held him up the way he did for Lyndi. The two puppets bounced about happily as Kev narrated. "The two of them had known each other since they were little, and they loved each other very much. But neither of them realized just how much the other did love them! For you see, the two of them had fallen in love without even realizing it." The puppets embraced, nuzzling lightly. "It only seemed natural that they wanted to spend all of their time together, and be there for each other. As long as they were happy, they were fine this way." The two puppets rubbed their noses together sweetly.

"But neither of them realized that things were soon going to change for them..." The puppets and the little house ducked back down out of sight, and Kev flipped the sheet over, the painted meadow replaced with painted stone bricks. A larger cardboard cutout came up, this one showing the inside of a fancy castle throne room. A puppet popped into place before the painted throne, an orange tabby made of felt who had a yellow crown with emerald sitting lopsided upon his head and over top of one ear. The emerald matched a pair of felt eyes that he'd been given, a purple cape was attached to him and his face an unhappy one with his tongue sticking out as he frowned, felt brows permanently furrowed. Crossing the puppets arms so he seemed to be sulking, another puppet popped up and seemed to pace about. This puppet was a gray mouse, with round ears and a little black nose. "Please, my King! The Kingdom is getting restless! The commoners think you are a heartless jerk, and they want your brother in power! If we are to show them you have a heart, and distract them from your brother, we need to find you a Queen and provide the Kingdom with an heir!" The voice for the mouse adviser was nasally, even a little whiny.

"I don't care what those people think!" Shrugged the King. "My brother is busy feeding the poor and hungry, he couldn't handle all that a king has to do! Whether they like it or not, I'm the best they've got." The King's voice was boastful and rude.

"But my King-!"

"Besides," He interrupted, the mouse sulking lightly. "All of the available women in my kingdom are taken!" While the King was content to leave it at that, the mouse perked and came closer.

"Actually, my King...there is one woman who can marry you. She lives a ways away from the kingdom, but she's single and ready to mingle!"

"Hmm..." The King rubbed his chin. "Is she pretty?"

"Um, I think so-"

Both paws lifted into the air as the King cat wiggled happily. "Then we've got a Queen!" Both puppets and the background prop dropped down below the table, and a long skinny green arm reached over the table to pull the sheet back up, the meadow once again on display. This time, the inside of the house provided the backdrop as Richard and Lyndi went about their business in their little cottage. Richard was washing the dishes, a plate in one paw and a little sponge in the other, and Lyndi was drying them, a bowl in one hand and a little towel in the other.  A knock came on the door, and Lyndi bobbed to attention.

"Oh, I'll get it! You focus on the dishes, Richard!" Came the feminine voice, or at least as feminine as Kev could make. Humming lightly, she opened an imaginary door, and in came the King cat! "Oh, King Milo!" Bending over, she bowed. Hearing her from the cozy white kitchen, Richard stepped out and bowed as well. "We've never seen you come out this way before..."

"For a good reason, this place is awful. There's dirt everywhere, and the pollen is...is...!" The king bobbed in place, before bending over at the waist with a sneeze. "Ah-choo! Ugh! When you get to my castle, we're giving you a bath to make sure none of that stuff is on you." Little arms brushed himself down to rid himself of the pollen.

"Huh?!" Lyndi gasped.

Richard dropped his plate in shock. "What do you mean, get her to your castle?!"

"I need a Queen, and this lovely woman here..." He came closer to Lyndi and pressed a paw to her cheek lightly. "Is the only available woman who's also a cat, in the entire kingdom! We will make tons of babies together." He leaned in even closer. "Handsome little Toms, from the looks of you!"

Lyndi backed away from him, only for the King to move in closer. "I uh...don't recall being asked about this..."

"I'm your King, I don't have to ask you for anything!"

"Richard didn't understand why, but he hated how close the King was getting to Lyndi. The thought of Lyndi being taken away was already hard to bear..." Richard stared at the King, arms crossed sourly only to place both paws to his own face in shock as the King went in for the same nose nuzzles he'd shared with Lyndi before! "Fueled by his love for her, Richard attacked the King!" Richard flew towards the King's puppet, smacked at him with his felt paws as Kev made several little growling noises. The king cowered a mewed in distress, which seemed to summon a cardboard cutout of several men in shiny black armor, who stepped between the Doberman and the King.

"You dare to attack me?! Your King?! You will be executed for this!" He pointed to the dog puppet with an orange paw. "Arrest him! Take him away!" The armored men bobbed forward, but before they could arrest him, Lyndi flew between them, arms shielding Richard.

"Wait, please! He is my oldest and best friend! If you spare him..." The cat seemed to sigh sorrowfully. "I will come without questions, I will be your Queen and...we will have many heirs together. Please, just...let him go and let him stay here."

Thinking it over, the King cat nodded. "Fine, but if I ever see his dumb dog face again, he's dead!" Richard growled in response, only stopping when Lyndi took his face in her paws.

"Why did you do that?" Richard grabbed for her face too.

"He was making you uncomfortable! He thinks he can barge in here, demand for you and take you away? I..." The dog puppet embraced her fully, hugging. "I don't want to lose you, Lyndi. I..."

"He couldn't put into words how he felt, and neither could Lyndi. Neither of them had been in love like this before." Hugging each other one more time, with one last nose nuzzle they parted and the King took Lyndi's paw in his own, leading her out of the cottage. The two star-crossed lovers continued to stare at each other as they were forced apart. "The two friends were separated, Lyndi leaving with the King as she was technically single and had reluctantly agreed to come with him." Returning the sheet back to the castle's decor, Livewire held up several cutouts that showed the passage of time as the images were drawn on like a photograph. First was Lyndi leaving with the King, staring back at the cottage sadly. Second showed the two cats being married, the King glad while Lyndi remained sad. "She missed her friend greatly, but she tried to be the best wife she could be. She tried hard to love her husband, and surprisingly, the King was kind to her. Knowing that Richard was safe made her happy, and so the married couple had a boring but peaceful life together, neither really loving the other but fine to stay the way they were."The last picture showed Lyndi with a pregnant belly."Eventually Lyndi finally gave birth to a baby, though it wasn't quite what the King had been expecting..."

A fancy bedroom in the castle replaced the passage of time. In front of the bed was Lyndi, a calico lump in her paws as she 'laid' in bed'. Before her was her husband and King, who looked as unhappy as before. "You were supposed to give me a Prince!"

"Isn't a Princess fine as well?" The momma cat nuzzled her baby, happy just to see her. "At least you have an heiress, right? And the kingdom has been so excited to meet her! There's no real difference, whether you have a prince or a princess."

King Milo wasn't having any of it. He crossed his paws and sulked. "But I want a Prince and I want him now!" The ungrateful man was like a child begging for a toy, and Lyndi rolled her googly eyes at the sight of it.

"Well, I don't want anymore kids right now." She insisted, rocking her kitten. "Maybe someday, but for now I'm happy just to focus on her."

"Well, I'm not happy at all!" The King lurched forward for the kitten, Lyndi protested and shielded the baby from him. "We could make up an excuse and try again, you won't even miss her! Our Prince will be a far better child!"

"But he was wrong, because Lyndi already loved her baby even though she wasn't a day old. No longer was she safe, or content to live in this castle with a man she didn't love. He wasn't as kind as he seemed to be. More than ever, Lyndi missed her cottage and her friend, and so she made a plan."

Still protecting the baby, Lyndi looked back at her husband with a bowed head. "At least give me one more night with her, my husband." She was a picturesque obedient wife, and it rubbed the King's ego as he gave her some space.

"Alright...only one more night, yes?" Lyndi nodded. "I shall see you in the morning, My Queen. And we can get started on our true heir!" With a happy shake the King left the room, his puppet dropping below the table.

As soon as he was gone, Lyndi pulled on a hooded black cloak (in reality Kev slipped it over her puppet body). "Using the dark to her advantage, she slipped out of the castle and ran as fast as she could, to the only place she considered her home." The setting still set to the castle, Lyndi ran through the cobble streets, but not without being seen. Several cats and mice that made up the citizens of the kingdom watched her go, seeming to talk among themselves. "Lyndi ignored the people who spotted her, and the citizens began to gossip. Was their beloved Queen trying to escape the King? Was she betraying them for another Kingdom? Eventually the gossip found the ear of one cat in particular, who had been working in an Orphanage that very night." An orange cat who looked similar to the King bobbed in place. In his arms were kittens of many colors. He rocked the babies in his arms and seemed thoughtful as a scraggly black cat bobbed before him, telling him the news.

The scenery changed again, back to the flowery meadow and the inside of the cottage, where Richard sat alone. Morning sunshine beamed in from the window. He sighed, merely a lump on a plastic toy couch that Livewire held up. The quiet was broken as Lyndi suddenly came in. Not recognizing her with the cloak on, Richard got up off the couch. "Who are you, and what are you doing here?!" He demanded.

Lyndi pulled the hood down to reveal herself. "It's me, Richard. And I've come home! I hope you don't mind that I don't come alone..."[/i] Lifting the cloak (again, Kev merely peeled it right off of her) she showed her calico baby to her friend. The kitten looked at him with bright blue eyes. Lyndi embraced her friend with her free arm, giving him a squeeze. "I'm so sorry I was gone for so long... I thought I'd be fine to just stay there with him, so long as you were safe but... He wanted to kill our daughter! No matter what happens, please... Make sure my baby will be okay."

Richard seemed dumbfounded, taking a few moments to return the hug. "This is the baby that the kingdom has been talking about...?" He looked down, extending a paw to her. The calico grabbed it with her own paw. He smiled warmly. "She looks like you did when you were little." Giving his friend a squeeze, he pressed his forehead to Lyndi's. "I'll keep you both safe, you can stay here with me-"

"No, this is the first place he'll look to find me. You can hide her, he'll see I'm not here, and leave you alone." She laid the baby in his arms.

"But...what about you?"

"I don't know, and I don't care. As long as you and her are safe... And you'll never be safe with me here." She made to leave, but Richard reached out for her.

"Please, I can't lose you again! All this time without you I...I finally know, Lyndi. I thought about you every day since you've been gone, I listened to the people talk about you being Queen and hoped that you were happy with him. I can make you happy, I can protect you from him."

Lyndi pulled herself to him, "But I want to protect you, too!"  Pressing closer, she sighed. "I thought about you while I was gone... About our home. I missed the days when it was just us and this little cottage. I wasn't half as happy with him as I was here... And I think I know why that is too." Holding the kitten between the two of them, their faces came closer... "It's because..."

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

The sound came from a knock upon the stage, but it was of course intended to be the front door. Richard growled, pulling Lyndi close. The momma cat shielded her baby, the both of them staring at the painted door on the cardboard. Before the door popped a familiar cat puppet. The two reacted instantly, drawing back to protect the kitten as the orange tabby came closer. After a moment though, Lyndi recognized the tabby, who had no crown or cape. "Prince Matt?" She relaxed, and Richared relaxed in turn. "What...what are you doing here?"

"I came to check up on you. I heard from the townspeople that you ran off in the night, and I heard my brother's tantrum when he woke up to find you and the baby gone..." Approaching, Lyndi seemed hesitant to let him see her baby. "Don't be alarmed. I just want to see my little niece." Glancing at Richard, they reluctantly revealed the newborn kitten to him. She mewed up at him, and lightly batted at his paw. The little kitty smile on Matt's face seemed especially appropriate in the moment. "She is very adorable. But why did you flee with her, and take her away from my brother?" His tone held no accusations to it.

"Your brother wanted to kill her, because he wanted a son, that's why!" Richard spat.

Matt didn't seem too surprised by the accusation, letting it roll off his back. "Well, we can't have that, can we? Don't worry, I will handle this..." He turned to leave only to be stopped by Lyndi.

"Wait! Are you sure? I mean, that's awful kind of you..."

Matt took her paws in his own. "My dear, you deserve far better than my brother." With a VERY subtle (not very subtle) jerk of his head towards Richard, Matt released her. "You two just take good care of my little niece! I'll come by and visit!" The Prince left, and the two embraced each other warmly, their faces pressed together in relief and happiness.

Back were the cardboard pieces with pictures drawn on them, used to represent the passage of time. The first piece depicted the royal brothers before their aging mother, Matt pointing an accusing paw at Milo. "Prince Matt informed his mother of what King Milo had attempted to do with his own daughter. As punishment, the aging momma cat took the crown from him and gave it to Matt, who was deemed a far better choice." The next illustration depicted a smiling Matt upon a throne, and a frowning Milo who was shoving horse poop in the stables. All around King Matt were several kittens, each smiling and healthy. "The townspeople were disappointed not to have a royal baby, but they still celebrated their new king. They got their royal babies tenfold as Matt adopted a whole litter of them and raised them as his own."

The illustration changed, to the cottage where King Matt was playing with his little calico niece. "As promised, King Matt came to visit many times." After that came an illustration with Lyndi in a new wedding dress, and far happier with Richard in a tux. The calico was a flower girl, and even King Matt came to see the wedding! "Now that Lyndi and Richard realized their feelings for each other, and having already lost each other for a time, they appreciated the other that much more. They embraced their love, and eventually got married. And even though Lyndi's kitten was not his own, Richard raised her like she was his own pup." The last picture showed Lyndi and Richard, with the calico kitten's paw in each of their own in the middle of the meadow. "And they lived together, in that little cottage in the meadow."

All pieces of the puppet show were dropped below the table, Kev and Livewire storing all of the pieces onto a little shelf within their sheet covered table. Once all of their props were put away, Kev and Livewire stood hand in hand, bowing before they pushed their wheeled table off of the stage and stored it back behind the curtain as it was before. Leading Livewire back to their seats, the alien kept his head down, hat shielding his face as he got re-settled again. Now that that was done, he felt a little embarrassed. It really wasn't as great as the two acts before, and he felt so sheepish. A puppetshow? Really? Good job, Kev! He lifted his gaze to the stage, eager to see Ttone and Kat's magic show. What sort of tricks would they have? A hand played with the edge of his summer dress anxiously. as he waited.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am