Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

A Good Day For A Show

Post by Kev on Tue May 31, 2016 6:27 am

Time: 4:45 PM
    Date: May 31, 0007

Butterflies fluttered in the alien's stomach as Kev stood before the constructed stage. Built from sturdy wood with a great amount of help, the stage that was constructed had a simple rectangular shape. No need to make any star shaped stages, after all! Taking the acts into account, the stage would hopefully prove to be of use for them all. Not too small for the dancers, and yet not so big as to dwarf a magic show conducted by two kids. Kev stepped up onto the stage and pulled at the curtain along the back of it, dark and made of thick cloth to provide a good backdrop. Unlike most stages, there was nothing in the back aside from the other side of the park. One peeking through the curtain would find nothing back there except perhaps for some props. The entrance and exit intended for performers were the other three sides of the stage instead, with the curtain intended to remain stationary. Sorry folks, nobody would be yanked by a hook behind any curtains today!

Deeming the curtain presentable, Kev turned back around and stepped off of the stage. Dark blue eyes surveyed the rows of seats before him. Situated so that they were out of the way of the proper Park area, they had sandwiched the stage onto the grass, its back to a corner of the park's property and fence line. Most of the chairs, all folding chairs, sat in the grass before the stage leaving room for people to walk along the front of the stage. The last row came close to encroaching on the park's pavement, but so long as nobody was bothered, it couldn't be helped. All in all, the stage and the chairs were positioned to compliment the view of the park, rather than overtake it or replace it.

Nearby, the smell of food and drink wafted through the air. Cooked by Shai, Livewire, Lunette, Jo, Zurg, and Njorth, the food proved to be diverse in nature, but no less tasty. With so many hands involved to take care of the menu, it would serve to make sure most everyone would be satisfied, as well as tempt the average person walking by to stop, grab a bite and see what everybody was gathered around for. Kev himself approached a table and used a pitcher to fill a plastic cup with raspberry lemonade. Dipping his fingers into the cool, crisp drink, the alien let out a deep yet shaky breath as he looked over the Park. The sun was partially hidden by the skyscrapers of the city, though the shine it held colored the clouds a nice orange that complimented Kev's summer dress well. The straw hat had been left behind for now, sitting in a chair to 'claim' it as Kev's, and for a moment he decided to just admire the view. Bright green grass, the sunlight reflecting off of the pond, and it sounded as if most of the animals here were about to head in for the evening. Fingertip stirring in his drink as condensation rolled off the cup, he waited with an eager and wide-eyed gaze. Today was the day, and he couldn't wait to see how it'd go!

((OOC Note: First, I'd like to thank everyone who has expressed interest in this little event! Whether your character is performing, helped to make this event, or even if your character is just a member of the audience, I would like to thank you all for taking part to make this a thing! It couldn't have happened without every single one of you, and I hope we all have a good time as our characters let loose, show off some talents, and wow people. Remember, there are no winners for this show. Merely people showing what they can do and sharing a good time!

Now, as for how posting will go... I have been thinking on this for a while and I think the best option would be to start of course, with this thread setting up the scene. Then, people arrive to get some food, take their seats, and get settled in. If anyone who is taking part as a performer wants to post either their arrival, taking part in some food, or simply patiently waiting for their turn to perform, you may! I will give people a couple of days to post before I post again, which will officially start the show. I will base this time on how many people post in the next couple of days. If you'd like for your characters to have a bit of small talk before the show starts, by all means! This is for the community after all!

Audience members, you do not have to post for this first round to be in the audience. You can post at ANY point in this thread to take part! You will miss the performances that came before of course, but you do not have to post immediately in order to take part as someone watching the show.

Performers, I figure that going by this order should be good. I ordered it based on expression of interest/pm/post to the bulletin board. If you have an issue, let me know. If you want to join in and you haven't already either PMed me or posted to the board, I will give you one more day to be fair. Otherwise, you've had 20 days. Each performer shall make their post with their performance (if you have to make several posts, that is fine, you do not have to cram it all into one post if you don't feel comfortable) one at a time, and the people in the audience can interact/react accordingly. With eight different acts to see, I bet it will be one heck of a show! If you want to react with the audience to the acts of the other performers, you can! I'd say giving people a couple of days between acts to react might be good. There doesn't need to be a set rigor for posting, but I'd also hate for this to only get posted to once a month and wind up lasting an entire year.

Helpers, aka everybody who is assisting in one way or the other, you may post if you want! Everyone is allowed to post, really, but specifically for anyone helping with food, it might be good to flesh out what exactly your character is serving.

If you have any more questions, concerns, or anything else, please PM me on this account! Otherwise...have at it and have fun!))

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Re: A Good Day For A Show

Post by Shaiamils on Tue May 31, 2016 11:13 am

It was already looking like today was going to be one of those days to remember. The local avian doctor, Shaiamils, made a point to arrive on the scene super early. He was supposed to be the opening act, after all, and he needed the time to be able to set up his little buffet and get ready for his performance. The food he provided  easily amounted to a build your own hors d'oeuvres-type setup. There was a fruit platter with caramel and yogurt dips, a cheese plate with bread, crackers, nuts, and jam, and a whole bunch of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. Those were Shai's favorite!

Now that all the food was taken care of, the feathery alien was free to retreat and don his fancy performance getup. The mummy seamstress, Olabisi, was close behind him. She had decided to bring it for him, since he was busy with the food. The Thep Khufan handed it off to Shaiamils, the door shutting behind him. He would probably be in there a while.
    Mortis
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Mortis on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:30 am

So, this was the show.

Empty sockets swept their gaze over the show-grounds, lingering for a moment upon the stage that had been erected. A strudy structure, crafted with wood and just big enough for the performers to need the space they would need for their acts, or so he gathered from looking at it. While Kev likely had been keeping track of each act and who would perform in what order, the superfiend was completely unaware as to what he would be seeing.

Alas, such was unlife when it was spent out in the grasslands. For the past two weeks he had been kept substantially busy, as he dealt with the growing problem that were the grassland residents. Not the green alien or any demonic entities, but more the resident hicks and homesteaders. Naturally they were discontent with his presence lurking around their homes and snuffing their lives in the night, and thus they had organized themselves to do something about him. If only they had been more secretive about their meeting, then perhaps they could have kept their element of surprise... However, there were other matters as well, such as the garden that had to be set up proper before the final threat of frost had passed.

The ghoul took a small amount of pride in having arranged it to his liking, and nearly was disappointed to have left the fertile bed of soil he had carefully and meticulously built up alone for today. Planting and transferring, nonetheless, took a backseat to fulfilling his brother's request. He had been asked to oversee the talent show Kev had orchestrated, and he would not dare leave Fear disappointed by putting the spring veggies above the Kryptonistanian's work.

"Baa!"

Woolie seemed to agree, as she looked up from grazing the park lawn. Her little black face was pudgy with grass, her cheeks full as she happily chewed. As the days grew warmer, Mortis had removed her usual sweaters, pitch black wool sucking in the afternoon sun like a void. Around her little body was an adjustable walking harness which looped itself over her shoulders and under her little chest. A leash connected itself from the metal loop upon the lamb's back to Mortis' clawed hand. the harness and leash were a bright green, and upon the sides Mortis had methodically placed a number of round, red clip-on reflectors. It was an act done more out of care than a desire to stand out, even during the day the lamb could be hard to see and in a city where she could blend into the surroundings of the inner city, should she somehow get loose, it was better to be safe than sorry. Though she was very good about staying close to her Ma.

The ghoul's towering form was draped with his dark trench coat, which was left open slightly today to reveal the dark, tattered leathers underneath and the hanging silver chain that dangled uselessly from his zipper-pull, without a badge to attach itself to. A small flash of dark green and silver being all that could be discerned of Mortis' utility belt. Upon his skeletal head was a wide-brimmed stetson, equally as black as his overcoat. But beneath that, Mortis kept a charm tucked beneath his clothing, pressed against the rancid flesh of his chest. Knowing he would be around a ceaseless torrent of psychic static, the numerous, perpetually thinking minds of the living and the constant drumming of their hearts, he thought it wise to wear the crystal pendant Kev had given him back in February.

Not that he lacked the willpower to control his judicial urges, but it helped to ease any temptation and discomfort. The grasslands were far more quiet than a bustling city, to be certain. Although he focused to ensure that Woolie's thoughts and possible comments would be heard. He would loathe to unintentionally ignore her, the dear. "Ssss..." His gaze turned to the snack table, withered joints and ancient flesh popping and crackling as his neck flexed in a manner most unnatural. His head swiveled slowly over his shoulder and a little beyond. Perhaps if there were some suitable veggie-snacks placed out he would go and collect a few for the lamb.

Certainly she would enjoy some crunchy carrots, maybe some celery sticks or chopped cucumber slices? His gaze returned to the lamb, his head turning back to what one could consider a comfortable position as he looked down at her. So far she seemed happy to munch the grass, her long black tail wagging to either side in small, energetic spurts. However, there was one thing Mortis wanted to get before he spoke with Kev about seating arrangements. "Come, Woolie." He rasped, the young ewe's knobby little legs falling into step with Mortis' stride as he approached the table. A jug of cold water sat heaily on the table. Around it were some plastic cups, with the ghoul took gladly before filling it with icy water.

At his feet, Woolie watched him, her ears perking forward as the cup was steadily filled and Mortis removed his finger from the tap. Kev was there as well, enjoying a cup of raspberry lemonade. "Greetingsss." He hissed to him, bending at the knees to bring his cup down to Woolie's level. His neck craned to look up at him with a series of grisly pops and snaps, intent on keeping his eyeless gaze upon the alien while the lamb inspected the cup with a few sniffs. "I sssee your event isss coming together nicely. However, I wisssh to know, will I be sssitting with you and my brother?" He calmly asked, by now Woolie had decided the cup and the water within was to her liking and was greedily drinking down the crisp cool refreshment.

He would prefer to sit with his brother, but if there was not enough room, he could sit elsewhere. His thoughts turned to number of seats at the end of the rows that had plenty of grass for the lamb to nibble.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:24 pm

At last, the day of the show was here! Putting her costume into a dress bag, making sure that it was just the way she wanted it before it went in, Nyreena sighed happily then made her way out of her room and on her way to the park to meet up with everyone to get the ball rolling on things. As she made her way she was getting more and more excited for the show and be able to show off the hard works she had put in honing her skills over the years in the art of dance. Finally up ahead she saw the entrance to the park and smiling happily her pace picked up a bit and she made it through heading across the paths that she memorized that would take her straight to where everything was set up. After taking only a few minutes her smile grew even bigger at how things were getting closer and closer to show time. Seeing Kev, Mortis, and Woolie up ahead she slowed her pace down some and walked over to them, slinging her bag back behind her, and said with a smile, "Hey Kev. Hey Mortis. Wow, the day turned out to be just right to put on a great show, huh? Man, I'm getting so excited for the show to happen. I really hope that everyone does a great job." Looking around at all the food set up she added, "And with all of this food set up it should be bound to attract a really great audience." Turning her attention back to Kev she asked, "So Kev, all set and waiting to perform? I've been on pins and needles wanting to see what your act is."
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:23 am

They all arrived early of course, in one large group just showing up on the horizon and dispersing into the park. Tally went around with Kat and Ttone, to help them get their outfits ready. Meanwhile Sonia, Alex, Leo, and even a certain green haired individual walked over to the food. Alex and the Horde went at it, lobsters and small tiny baby man unable to decide what they wanted to try first.

Leo kept a safe distance behind, reeling his husband in, preventing the horde from walking onto things. Eventually he just gathered a plate and began to put food on it which the horde pointed to. "Hey Zurg, Jo. How's it going?" Leo asked the two while patting Alex's back, his idiot husband had nearly choked on some piece of meat. (No lewd joke intended)

Meanwhile Sonia had inevitably gravitated towards Kev. "Hey you!" She papped Kev on the arm ever so gently. "Great plan, a little fun is just what everyone needs."

"Hey Kev, Hey Sonia, we're going to go and sit by Tally." Sonia turned around to see Leo motion towards Tally, who had finally picked a seat towards the front.

"Alright I'll be right there!" She saw her brother and the others walk off and join Tally. Then she caught sight of Zurg and Jo. "Hey you two!" She waved to them from across the way. "Well, I should probably go and take a seat so the show can begin. Can't wait to see you perform Kev!" With that Sonia headed off to join the others in their little group.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:05 pm

Olabisi shrugged as the avian doctor closed the bathroom door behind him. She supposed that there was going to be some time to kill before the show started, and the nearby selection of food was looking more than a little tantalizing. So many choices! A nice plate of food before the show couldn't help, could it? No, certainly not. And so the alien approached the buffet, her summer dress blowing lightly in the breeze.

"Anything catch your eye, Spenst?" she said, grabbing a plate. To most bystanders, she probably appeared to be talking to herself. "Well, technically my eyes."

Fruit, please! And a little off that cheese plate, too. a voice replied from inside her head. The mummy chuckled.

"Of course. Why did I even ask?" the bandaged alien gladly followed his wishes. "And I suppose you wouldn't object to a few cookies either?"

No! No cookies! Ola's Ectonurite body hitchhiker could sense her disappointment. I'm just kidding, Ola. Grab as many as you want.

And that she did. Quickly, though, her attention was also drawn to Njorth and his grill. That was something she could go for right about now! The Thep Khufan approached his setup, but not without a few minor protests from Spenst.

Oh come on! You know I'm a vegetarian!

"I'm not just eating for you, you know," Ola replied. "I'll give you a choice, though. Burger or hot dog? It doesn't matter to me."

Okay, fine. I'll take a hot dog. Can we put some mayonnaise on it, though?

"Mayonnaise? On a hot dog? Alright, deal." she turned to face the alchemist. "One hot dog, please. Well done."
    The Spine
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by The Spine on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:18 pm

He was powered up, tuned up, oiled up, dressed up, warmed up, and now he was ready to show up and show off...

The Spine had made sure to leave with plenty of time to arrive at the park. It wasn't a difficult feat; he knew the route very well, considering how many times he had taken it in the past. He had strolled along at a leisurely pace, and though he was not the first to arrive, he was in plenty of time for the first act. His own performance wouldn't be for some time, but it was only fair that he watched the whole show. And he was glad to do it, too; perhaps he would even discover some other talent to collaborate with in the future…

For now, though, he was a solo act. His black acoustic guitar—which he had thoroughly polished for the occasion—was suspended at his side by the strap over his shoulder, as his protruding spines prevented the instrument from resting safely on his back. Not wanting a repeat of that one time he had nearly roasted his circuits at the San Diego Zoo, he had opted to leave his long coat back at the inn, and so was dressed in his typical stage clothes, with the exception of his tie. He had also left his vest unbuttoned in order to look more casual. This was a talent showcase in a park, after all, not Carnegie Hall, so he thought the look was fitting, that was all. Never had he torn one of the buttons from his vest either accidentally or on purpose. His movements were all carefully calculated at all times, and therefore the margin for that sort of mishap was microscopic.

It was impossible to miss the stage set up once he had arrived. He approached the area immediately, bright green eyes taking in the set up in just a few sweeps. Nobody he knew especially well was in attendance yet, it would seem, but he had seen several of these faces around town. He even recognized one woman from one of his busking audiences, and another from a long ago trip to the Sanctuary. He idly wondered if a certain elusive automobile would put in an appearance…and concluded that only time would tell.

For now, he gently stowed his guitar away backstage with the other props before finding a seat for himself at the end of one of the centermost rows of chairs. His wide-brimmed fedora marked his place as he turned his attention towards the refreshment tables. The only thing there that drew his eye was the pitcher of ice water that a rather grisly-looking fellow in a trench coat was drawing a cup from. Once the stranger and his lamb had departed, the automaton approached the table himself, removing his silver reusable bottle from the koozie hooked to his belt and refilling it. He had already drained half of it on the walk to the park, and didn't want to run out before his performance.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:40 am

Indeed, it would appear that Mother Nature was feeling particularly generous today. It could have very well rained all over today's talent show, but it didn't. On top of that, there was a light breeze to help cool everyone off. Njorth especially appreciated it, despite how it occasionally blew smoke in his face. He wasn't the type of person who liked it too hot out, after all. The smoke was just a small price to pay for a welcome hint of coolness in the air.

The alchemist observed a nearby patron who was grabbing food from the buffet. Was she talking to herself? He would've asked, but at this point in time, Njorth knew better than to ask to many questions in a world such as this one. Eventually, she approached his grill.

One hot dog, please. Well done.

"Coming right up!" he replied, putting a frank on the grill.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:22 pm

"One... Two... Three..."

This was it. This was the big day.

Though not exactly the most graceful or observant, Fear had managed to make himself useful by assisting Kev wherever he could. With his super-strength and inability to experience physical fatigue, the helmeted ghoul had made quick work of setting down neat little rows of fold-out chairs for the audience members. It wasn't dreadfully hard, though the repetition was doing absolute murder on his joints. Know what else was murder?

"Kev, honessstly." Calloused feet softly crunched on the grass, and soon the alien was joined by a towering superfiend. "You and your bloody collywobblessss," Fear chuckled, his otherworldly voice resonating and deep. "I can't entertain a proper thought with you having the nervesss of a ssskittisssh cat!" Can't blame the poor bugger, though... It was a momentous occasion, after all. And it probably didn't help that Kev had practically overseen the entire thing from start to finish, getting everything organized while drumming up community interest. Damn impressive, that. Sunlight glinted off of Fear's black helm as the ghoul surveyed the area, his ethereal gaze scanning for anything forgotten or amiss. Good thing too, because he soon recognized a certain long face and woolly frolicker in the growing crowd. "Ahh, Mortisss! Ssso good to sssee you," he addressed the other undead, clapping his brother on the back fondly. "And I sssee you brought Woolie, too. How are you doing, you rassscal?" So cute! But even cute had limits, prompting Fear to shift gears. "If you would like, brother, you may sssit bessside me - I'm to the right of Kev's ssseat, the one with the ssstraw hat." Pretty easy to see, no? In any event, back to the assessment.

"Hmm... the food ssstandsss are ssset up, the chairsss are finissshed, and no one hasss died from a collapsssed ssstage. A pity about that lassst one, but ssso far ssso good. For God'sss sssake, Kev, you ssstanding here and being an anxiousss lump isss making me feel the jittersss! Why don't you go sssit down until your number isss up? And brother, why don't you join him? Grab a few tasssty bitesss for Woolie and admire the sssurroundingsss." Fear wouldn't take 'no' for an answer.

Before the alien could even protest, Kev soon found his raspberry lemonade refilled and a sturdy corpse hand guiding him toward the seat with a straw hat resting upon it. "Sssit, sssit, sssit," the superfiend urged. "I will make the usssual roundsss and do correctionsss, if any. You look ssstunning, love, ssso don't fall to piecesss on me, hmm?" Besides, it was easier to make small talk with friends and guests away from the food, where it was hot and sort of bombarded by hungry insects. Nothing said 'how was your day' like randomly swatting at flies and gnats, yes siree. "I will be back," Fear rasped, soothingly rubbing one of Kev's shoulders. "Chat, mingle, and relax - enjoy yourssself. Sssave the ssseat on your left for Livewire if ssshe wantsss it." Sound good?

He planted a quick peck on the alien's scaly dome and shambled off, leaving Kev to eventually catch up with familiar faces, old and new alike. Woolie even received a light scratch behind her darling ears.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:44 pm

It was the big day.

A quiet "thunk" sounded as a stack of four clear plastic pastry containers were rested on the ground. A young, quiet cybertronian figured it best to get them out of the way since hse really didn't have that much table space to spare. The chiled fighted slightly with the arrangment of small pastries in a circle upon a round, white ceramic plate before her hands found themselves tucked into her sleeves once more. Dimmed blue optics surveyed the scene before her and Livewire, finally content with her arrangement of all of the appetizers, took a step back.  Metal fingers reached into the pocket of the gray hoodie practically swallowing her frame before pulling out four neat little notecards.

In her designated section of the buffet table was an assortment of treats perfect to fill up a little plate and Livewire wanted to make sure that people knew what was in them.  Just in case, of course.  The Mozzarella and Watermellon Cubes were labeled as such.  Fruit Skewers, little quiches, and the ever-loved bacon weenies all had little information cards with their ingredients. Each morsel was layed out with care in retangular and spiral patterns. She had worked hard to at least make them look nice, and she hoped that she had succeeded in this.  It certainly didn't help that none of this food actually appealed to the child.  Far too organic, not nearly radioactive enough to satisfy her needs.

People were starting to fill in, now.  Kev was fretting about nearly everything, friends were mingling and arriving in order to begin mingling. Pleasant chatter and the smells of good food filled the air of the impromptu theater. A fly lit upon the metal of her helm, black and bussing quietly. The child did not mind, as it was better for it to be there than for the creature to be tempted by the proximity of a grill and lemonade.  Another fair-goer seemed to have different thoughts on the matter, however.  Swift black death descended on the fly as a quick paw struck it from its resting place and down towards the unforgiving earth.  Tiny claws caught into the drab gray of her chosen garment as Tiresias, Livewire's little runt of a black cat, pulled himself up onto her shoulder.  It seemed that being small was turning into an advantage here. There wasn't much perching space to go around.

Livewire's shoulders tensed slightly and she moved away from the table. She has set the cards there, so there was no need for anyone to come and ask her about any of her food. There was no need for anyone to ask her anything, no questions needing asking, only a show needing to be enjoyed! That was the only need here.  And she was, on a great level, excited about the show. It had been an experience in and of itself to watch Kev string this whole event together and she wanted to be there to witness it.  Above all of the acts and people she would see was Livewire's desire to support Kev.

Above all of the acts and people to see, Tiresias's desire was to snatch a weenie from the plate.

Gentle hands caught the scoundrel and placed him into the hollow of her helmet, freed from the heavy hood for this purpose alone.  A favored resting spot found, the beast's chase was abandoned in lieu of simply enjoying the smells and sounds around him. The familiar weight atop her helped to keep Livewire's mind clear and focused. This was more people than she had been around in a long time.  All of these faces of friends served to only increase the buzz of anxiety in her mind.  The flicking of a hanging tail grounded her as she decided that, no, she wasn't particularly interested in getting overwhelmed today.  With how nervous Kev was about this whole event she figured that he wouldn't be the best heat sink for her emotions at this moment, and that left...

Little metal feet stole across the ground as Livewire, head down and cat displayed, soon found herself next to a comforting towering height. Oh, and a similar towering height with just the cutest little passenger that one could expect. Lamb and Ma both recieved a little nod and littler smile from the child before she was gone again, tucking close to the heels of that helmeted ghoul.   She would be here for Kev, of course, but she figured that being in close proximity to Fear might help stave off any unwanted greetings.

Or, any greeting at all. That would work as well.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Stress.

Stress, stress, stress. Oh what a magical word, stress.

All morning, even before the crack of dawn, Zurg had been a nervous purple blur around the house. Was there enough oil? Had he purchased enough ingredients? Would there be any cat hair accidentally found in them? What if people didn't like his cooking? Such anxious thoughts fueled his inner drive to work, work, work. If the horned alien was not cooking or overseeing the food, then he was rapidly tearing through a list of chores for the day. Flatten the dough, roll the meats, preheat the oven, take a break while everything was cooking to do the wash, the vacuuming, the dusting... Rinse, repeat. Fast forward to late afternoon, where a tuckered out Zurg sat behind his food table, resting beneath an umbrella's wonderful shade.

"Uuugh... I should have prepared everything last night," the monarch weakly griped. It certainly would have made things easier, rather than slave away all morning and become a lethargic wreck. He tiredly fanned himself with a hand and tried sitting up straighter. Ahh... much better. And look! People were arriving; he even recognized a few faces in the crowd. Some, however, were admittedly new...

There was of course Kev, wearing a darling summer dress and appearing as the epitome of frazzled nerves - Zurg felt your pain, alien brother from another mother. And, unsurprisingly, there were the two undead creatures that were peculiarly never too far from the scaly alien; where one went, the other was usually to follow. Brothers, weren't they? Nyreena had made it as well, along with a mummy-like alien and a well-dressed... er, robot? It was always hard telling with the zany nature of Portal Breach and its even zanier citizens. A blond man wasn't too far away, Zurg's sniffer always knowing a hot dog when he smelled one. Last but certainly not least, there was Livewire - can't miss that bright shade of yellow anywhere, even with a black cat fastened to her head. It was horrible what happened to her earlier in the year... but she seemed to be doing be -

"Hey Zurg, Jo. How's it going?"

A mischievous gleam twinkled in those tired red eyes. "Well, well, well..." Zurg practically purred, the corners of his lips pulling into a smile. "If it isn't Leo and our precious Scoot; been a while, gentlemen. Care for a bite to eat? Made everything this morning." Should either of the men, or anyone else for that matter, wish to sample some of the alien's cooking, they would find two delicious snacks to choose from: delectable shrimp dumplings, and some mighty tasty and crunchy taquitos. Both were made from scratch, though Zurg had to grumble something about the latter. "Jo, um, insisted, so..." That woman and her burritos, man.

He sighed and figured it a lost cause, picking up his eyes only to spot a waving Sonia. "Oh hey, Montiago!" the alien waved back. "Good to see you! If you or your horde are hungry, you're more than welcome to stop by for a treat!" There was plenty to go around, so the more the merrier.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:38 pm

Stress was right!

Whereas a certain scowling alien had been up all morning - even before the crack of dawn, no less! - Jo's start to the day wasn't any less frantic. "I gotta go, I'm going to be late, I'm going to be late..." There was so much to set up, schematics to critique, building materials needing to be finished! She had to leave the house earlier than Big Z, inwardly whining about not getting to sample any of his mouthwatering food, but nonetheless kept her willpower strong. "Bye, Big Z! I'll see you later at the talent show," Jo said, all happy smiles. An affectionate kiss found its way to one of his purple cheeks; where a hand, meanwhile, had furtively swiped a piping-hot taquito when he wasn't looking. Hey, willpower may be strong and all that, but it doesn't feed a growling stomach!

"I saw that..."

"Bye, Big Z~!"

And then Jo was off, power-walking out of the house and down the street toward Central Park.

"Uuugh... I should have prepared everything last night."

Alas, alas...

Fast forward to this afternoon, where a sore Jo Pistonne was fanning away on an exhausted Big Z. "You're telling me," she grumbled, pausing to wipe a few beads of sweat from her damp brow. "Building that stage wasn't exactly a walk in the park, you know." They both shared a chuckle. Guess the talent show had managed to take a chunk out of them! "Good thing we packed this umbrella, too!" she added. "Knowing you, you dainty lug, you would have felt even worse underneath a late Spring sun." And an overheating Big Z was a grumpy Big Z.

"Whew, I know... This heat is murder. Do you have enough water, Jo? I don't want you to suffer a heatstroke."

Pfft.

She playfully rolled her eyes, rubbing a hand between his shoulder blades. "I'm a tough gal, Big Z. The heat doesn't bother me as much as it bothers you!" Not bad for a stinky, hairy primate, huh~? Anyway... looks like folks were starting to come around. Jo raised a hand to shield her eyes and made a few glances. Oh hey, she recognized a couple of people! Er, not the snazzily-dressed robot or the blond guy, but she could easily pick out Kev and his... eeeuurgh, undead buddies. Her nosed crinkled. "Not standing downwind from those guys, no sir." Though the mechanic was hoping to see a few more familiar faces, she was nevertheless happy to spot a small Cybertronian girl. Aww, Livewire had made it, too! How sweet, but Jo knew better than to pester the child. After what happened recently... She eyed the towering ghoul by Livewire's side and figured the femme was in good, if not gross, hands.

"Hey Zurg, Jo. How's it going?"

"Oh hey, Leo and Alex! Things are going great over here," Jo smiled, giving a thumbs up. Wow, she hadn't seen these two in like forever. "Hope the married life is treating you guys well," she continued. "Like Big Z said, why don't you have a bite to eat? The taquitos are really, really good. He overdid himself!" Not long after that, yet another familiar face stood out. "Hey, Sonia!" Jo waved back. Wowza, haven't seen her in forever either! "Come grab a bite if you want! We promise it doesn't bite back, honest." Would the horde consider a shrimp dumpling as cannibalism...?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:44 am

Grass crunching was the only announcement Kev had aside from Fear's thundering deep voice, scales bristling for a moment as he was caught off guard. His mind had been mentally calculating just how many refreshments they'd need to satisfy everyone. "Oh, Fear!" A hand flew to his chest before the alien chuckled softly, unintentionally proving the ghoul's point even further. Nothing says 'skittish' like being startled by someone talking to you! "S-sorry, I'm just a little excited... A-and scared. But mostly excited!" Somehow he felt better to have Fear right here, his eyes crinkling around the corners as he gazed up at him. Felt right. Scales relaxed and the mouthless man's body posture was no longer stiff. Among the growing crowd, Kev could spy a certain other walking undead man, accompanied by a small black lamb. Adorned with a harness with reflectors and lead by a leash, one could almost mistake her for a dog! He wiggled his fingers in greeting to her before facing the skull-headed man.

"Hello Mortis!" Fingertips returned to his drink, stirring lightly as Mortis likewise gave Woolie water. "Yes, it actually looks like a real event..." Kev spared a glance to the stage, the chairs, and the tables. It reminded him of a block party, or a neighborhood cookout! As for the question, Fear was quick to confirm that Mortis was welcome to join them, the alien nodding his head. "Yes, absolutely! Will Woolie be in a chair, or will she sit in the grass? Because I'm sure we can spare a chair for her." With a quick assessment, and a dark joke, Fear took initiative. Urging the two to sit, the corpse moved so fast that he didn't even notice that he'd taken his cup and refilled it! "R-right, I can do that!" His guypal was not taking no for an answer, already guiding him to the chair he'd claimed with his straw hat. Standing beside his folded chair, he regarded the other man with a grateful eye. A hand soothingly kneaded at a shoulder, the alien leaning into it as he huffed a light sigh. "Kkrrr..." Setting his cup down beside the hat, both arms looped around Fear to give him a squeezing hug. "You're a lifesaver, you know that? I wouldn't have been able to do this thing without you... Without lots of people, really, but, you're my rock!" Returning the peck with a light bump of his head, Kev trilled deeply. The noise reverberated through his chest. "I'll save a spot for you too." And just like that, Fear disappeared into the crowd. Hope he didn't work himself to the bone...

Placing the hat upon his scaly dome, Kev looked over as Nyreena walked up to greet him. "Hi Nyreena. Yeah, I'm glad we weren't rained out!" Be a shame to have to postpone the show, and to pack up all of the food for it to chill in a fridge. Scrumptious and warm, hopefully the table would attract an audience and not flies. As the ghost girl addressed him, asking about his act, the alien winked. "Oh yes, I finished the last few details yesterday! Livewire and Fear were a big help, too. I hope my act will meet your expectations!" A sheepish chuckle shook its way out of him. Though hype could do wonders, it could also kill an experience if the expectations weren't met. The alien was proud of his act, but knew it wasn't exactly the most amazing thing ever. Still, Kev nodded his head to her lightly. "I can't wait to see all of the acts today, including your's. I just hope everyone has a good time!"

More and more people were arriving, a cluster of individuals quite recognizable at first sight. Most striking of all was Sonia, who looked as though she was in a great mood! It made Kev's chest swell up happily, this was the kind of response he was seeking when he organized this! Wrapping an arm around her, he gave her a light squeeze. "Thanks! I can't tell you how excited I am to see Kat and Ttone's lmagic show! I bet it'll be great!" And, as Sonia had mentioned, it'd be fun! Kev waved back to Leo, just barely faltering at the mention of Tally. Sure enough, he easily found her brown locks in the crowd. "Long time no see, Leo! It's great to see you and your family out and about!" Maybe it could be a regular thing. Sonia's attention wavered, exchanging greetings with a few more people before deciding to go claim her seat. "Thanks Sonia, I hope you have a good time! Thank you for coming!" Off she went, and for a moment Kev decided to idly watch the crowd. A scaly hand snagged up his cup as he returned to drinking the tangy raspberry lemonade.

There was Olabisi, getting some food at Njorth's grill. No doubt, she came to see the costume she helped make in action. Over by the table Kev could spy a dapper looking robot, familiar looking too as if he'd seen him once or twice. Livewire briefly lingered by, exchanging nonerbal greetings to Mortis and Woolie before disappearing to likely become a shadow for Fear. Zurg and Jo were tending to their darling dumplings and taquitos, with Jo in particular having a well earned break. On the wind was a light buzz of conversation, people chattering and catching up as they collected their food and found their seats. Making sure no one stole the previously claimed spots of Livewire and Fear, the alien sighed softly. A deep breath in, and a deep breath out. A good turn out. Better than zero! With familiar and newer faces alike, so much food, and such a light and delightful energy on the air. It filled him up, made him feel whole. No matter how tough the past few months had been, things felt great now...

...Oh! Speaking of now! Kev glanced down to a simple watch on his wrist, noting the time. It was about time to start! Briefly setting his cup onto the seat, the alien perked himself onto the tips of his toes in order to stand out from the crowd of people taking their seats. "Hello everyone! We're about to start, but before we do I'd like to say a few things!" He called out, the message broadcast into the minds of the people who had come. Pausing to allow them to soak it in, he continued as both hands grabbed the straw hat to keep it rooted to his skull. "I'd like to thank you all for coming! I wanted this to be a community event, and the community has helped me make this a reality! People dedicated their busy lives to making refreshments, building a stage, coming up with performances, and even helping some of us create our acts! Even the people who just came to watch, without you we'd just be a ton of crazy people performing alone!" In ways that were big and small, the citizens of Portal Breach had been a huge help. This may not have been a disaster where people were called upon to save the world, but sometimes you needed a bit of fun.

"I can't tell you how much this means to me. Being here with you all feels great." Perhaps even greater than getting to perform for an audience. His eyes closed contently, reaching the end of his little speech as the clock ticked closer for Shai's looming appearance. "Have as much food and drink as you like, sit back and relax as we see what talents the people of the Breach have to offer!" With a light curtsy, the alien turned around to face the front and took his seat like everybody else. Briefly glancing to the side to see if Fear and Livewire had arrived yet, Kev centered his big blue eyes onto the stage. It was showtime.

((Alright, so far so good! Thank you for responding, everybody! If you still want your character to appear in this thread as an audience member, you can join at any time! If your character is a performer and they have not appeared yet, you have until it is their turn to perform their act to arrive! No rush! As for performers, we are still sticking with the list I linked before, with Shai leading with his act! Going by how the first round went, here is my idea for how to post from here on out!

From now to the 14th, Shai and Nyreena can post with their performances. That gives people a week to post and react, and that way there shouldn't be too much going on at once! We can continue this pace for the rest of the performers, unless somebody needs multiple posts to perform their talent, in which case let me know and we can work something out! We can try it out at this pace and see how it goes! So this round, Shai and Nyreena can do their acts! Post it within the week, and people can react! Have a good time everyone! ...And a brief apology for how long this got! I wanted to react to everything I could!))

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Shaiamils on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:14 pm

Shai's previously undivided attention to the mirror before him was broken in an instant as he caught wind of a familiar voice. It was Kev, and by the sound of it, the show was ready to start! The avian frantically made a few last-minute adjustments to his getup before hurriedly leaving the bathroom and making a beeline for the stage. His heart fluttered in his chest at the sight of the crowd that had accumulated since locking himself in the bathroom, half excited, half nervous.

This was it. It was time for all that singing in the shower to finally pay off!

A leather-clad Shaiamils took the stage. A quick glance to the audience revealed that the bandaged alien had already taken her phone out and started recording. He wore a short, studded, open jacket which revealed his bare, feathery chest and midriff. Around his neck was a chain necklace. To top it all off, he wore a pair of ripped, leather pants with a studded belt to match his jacket. They were very tight, and left little to the imagination. With the spotlight on him, it was easy to make out the glitter in his feathers. As the music started, he gave a noticeable wink to a certain member of the audience. You knew who you were.

♪Love is like a bomb baby c'mon get it on
    Livin' like a lover with a radar phone
    Lookin' like a tramp, like a video vamp
    Demolition woman, can I be your man?♫

He never looked more alive than in this very moment.

♪Razzle 'n' a dazzle 'n' a flash a little light
    Television lover, baby, go all night
    Sometime, anytime, sugar me sweet
    Little miss ah innocent sugar me, yeah, yeah
    So c'mon, take a bottle, shake it up
    Break the bubble, break it up♫

Hips swayed, tail feathers shook.

♪Pour some sugar on me
    Ooh in the name of love
    Pour some sugar on me
    C'mon fire me up
    Pour your sugar on me
    Ooh I can't get enough
    I'm hot, sticky sweet
    From my head to my feet, yeah♫

The avian strutted across the stage, like a true bird.

♪Listen, red light, yellow light, green-a-light go
    Crazy little woman in a one man show
    Mirror queen, mannequin, rhythm of love
    Sweet dream, saccharine, loosen up, loosen up♫

A clawed hand reached up to slick his feathery crest back.

♪You gotta squeeze a little, tease a little, please a little more
    Easy operator come a knockin' on my door
    Sometime, anytime, sugar me sweet
    Little miss innocent sugar me, yeah, yeah
    Give a little more
    Take a bottle, shake it up
    Break the bubble, break it up♫

His head swung back as he sung into the mic.

♪Pour some sugar on me
    Ooh in the name of love
    Pour some sugar on me
    C'mon and fire me up
    Pour your sugar on me
    Oh, I can't get enough
    I'm hot, sticky sweet
    From my head to my feet yeah♫

There was a brief musical interlude in which Shaiamils took the time to indulge certain members of the audience with more than a little bit of eye candy.

♪You got the peaches, I got the cream
    Sweet to taste, saccharine
    Cause I'm hot, hot, sticky sweet
    From my head, my head, to my feet
    Do you take sugar? One lump or two?

Take a bottle
    Shake it up
    Break the bubble
    Break it up♫

Time for the final breakdown!

♪Pour some sugar on me
    Ooh in the name of love
    Pour some sugar on me
    C'mon fire me up
    Pour your sugar on me
    Ooh I can't get enough
    Pour some sugar on me
    Ooh in the name of love
    Pour some sugar on me
    Get it, come get it
    Pour your sugar on me, oooh
    Pour some sugar on me
    Yeah, yeah, sugar me♫

And he topped it all off with an impressive split. How did he not manage to rip his pants further? The world may never know!
    Uriel
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 28

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Uriel on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:34 pm

Uriel's feet pad heavily on the sidewalk, his backpack holding him down. The clinking sounds of chains and stone jostling around in the large hiking haversack, the Revenant whistles to his own little tune as his slow tread takes him toward central park. It sure is a nice evening! It's plenty warm enough. Hopefully not too many people will be offended by his attire, which consists of a pair of Torrenese style baggy pants. You know that kind. Like the one from Aladdin? Well, in any case, his a-walkin takes him past many people along the city's streets, each one gives him a bit of a smile. His headphones lay on his neck, the soft thrum of general dubstep matching the rhythm of his walk. He smiles. It's been easier to be happy nowadays. No reason not to be, he's decided. Turning the corner, he eyes the stage, he can see it through the few trees in the park from where he stands. His grin becomes toothy smile of excitement. Alright. Time to set up.

He hasn't had a performance like this since he first got Esmerelda! The guitar hasn't seen much outside use since then, but man was that fun or what! He thinks only for a moment about Kev, Fear, and Livewire, but shrugs it off. Some lives aren't meant to entwine, after all. He's here to dance. And he will do just that!

Getting to the outskirts, he finds he is just in time to hear Shaiamils start on SUCH a great song. That's one hell of a way to start the show! As the avian doctor enters the stage, Uriel, backpack lumbering over his head, woops and whistles.

"Oh man, this is gonna be great."

As the blue bird sings, Uriel undoes his backpack and it falls to the ground with a soft thud. The Revenant opens the top flap and produces a sack of what sounds like rocks. And... it's totally rocks. Each one has a single glowing rune on it. He checks them over, making sure his work wasn't ruined in any way and then nods his head toward the stage. Might as well give the other performers his attention!

He skips his step toward the audience area, he won't be able to sit. He is FAR too excited for that! So he stands at the back, banging his head to the musique and resisting the urge to pull out Esmerelda and rock along with Shaiamils! His medium length hair has grown wild, most tustles around his face, but some is held back with a small leather cord in a ponytail at the base of his neck.

Jumping with some of the crowd, Uriel applauds and whistles again as Shaiamils finishes the song and does quite the acrobatic split!

"WHOOO!"

Tonight's going to be fun.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:04 am