Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Best Of The Worst

Post by Knock Out on Fri May 20, 2016 12:20 pm

Time: 7:30 PM
    Date: May 20, 0007

Popcorn was freshly popped, the concession stand filled to the brim with candy, and all drinks were at maximum capacity. Especially the alcohol, which Knock Out had an inkling might be ordered a lot during this weekend's movie marathon. It had been several months, with a huge lack of holidays to capitalize on. The usual flow of customers kept the Drive-In running, but the mech couldn't help a growing fondness for special marathon events. Most of the holidays had been a good establishment for themes, very easy to find films that fit into the holidays, but other themes seemed to be more difficult to find. Which was why Knock Out had to give Spenst and Shai a good bit of thanks for their suggestions. If the two of them hadn't suggested films, this theme would have been simple Blockbusters. Those were fun, definite popcorn movies, but these awful films had an entirely different sort of charm to them, one the mech simply couldn't ignore.

No special foods had been prepared, no decorations dotted the place. Grass had been cut, the screen touched up after some exposure to weather, and the glass of the concession stand building had been scrubbed until any residue of fingerprints and dirt were a thing of the past. Counters sparkled, the floor was clean enough to eat off, and even the bathrooms were shiny, complete with a citrusy smell too. Knock Out stood just outside the building, servoes on his hips with brochures in hand. First to be shown was one of the most recent, a very ridiculous movie about a simple weather phenomenon raising sharks from the ocean and dropping them on unsuspecting people. Afterwards was the bird disaster movie (disaster in more ways than one, he mused to himself) that Shaiamils had suggested. The crimson Cybertronian cycled air through his vents, a smirk growing upon his faceplates as he spied people arriving.

"Showtime." It was time to hand out brochures, give information, and direct people to the concession stand for food and drink. Hopefully the citizens of Portal Breach enjoyed the movies to be shown, even if they were cringe-worthy. And hopefully no misguided person would be bringing their child to see Food Fight tomorrow...

((OOC note: This thread will be open for anyone who wants to join during the first night of the marathon, and threads are welcome for anyone who wants to go see the other movies. The showtime schedule for these movies are:

• Friday May 20th, Sharknado and Birdemic. Sharknado starts at 8. After it finishes, a small short film will be played during the intermission to pass the time, allowing a break for concession and bathroom stops. Then, Birdemic will start.
    • Saturday May 21st, Food Fight and Showgirls. Food Fight will start at 8. The rest of the details are the same as above.
    • Sunday May 22nd, The Room and Battlefield Earth. The Room will start at 8. The rest of the details are the same as above.
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Re: Best Of The Worst

Post by Shaiamils on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:53 pm

If anyone was around to hear it, they would hear a crackly purr coming from the throat of a certain feathery doctor. He loved flying, given the opportunity. For Shaiamils, to fly was what freedom truly felt like. Eternal bliss. Tonight, his destination was the Drive-In Theater of the Outer City. Fortunately for the baby blue avian, the Drive-In was not difficult to spot from high above at all. How could anyone miss all those flickering lights?

Eventually, the doctor came in for a landing. Immediately his attention was grabbed by the hypnotic smell of buttery popcorn wafting from the concession stand. His stomach growled loudly, demanding immediate tribute. And who was he to ignore such a demand? He did so love popcorn after all.

Luckily for the feathery alien, it seemed that would not have long for his grub. While the purple monstress Marissa was busy with a customer, Spenst's station was wide open. The Ectonurite's mummy partner was there too, laughing in response to a conversation that he had arrived to late for.

"Evening," he greeted the ghostly alien.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Ahhh what a night! At least for now, Olabisi was convinced that tonight was going to be great. If her ghostly partner was to be believed, then she was in for a real treat with the two movies that were going to be shown shown, if they could even be called "movies." As Knock Out's ads proclaimed, this weekend held a celebration for the best of the worst. She and Spenst had already seen Foodfight, but the two films that were showing tonight were new to her.

Spenst tried his hardest to tell her about the movies without spoiling too much, and already she was almost in hysterics. As the Thep Khufan wiped a tear from her eye, she caught a glimpse of a family face approaching his station at the concession stand.

"Hey," she said, elbowing him, "look who's here!"
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:21 pm

"Ola, listen to me. You're really in for a show tonight," Spenst assured his partner. "These movies, they are bad. If they weren't that bad, we wouldn't be showing them here tonight. Knock, Marissa, and I watched all the movies that were suggested to us and handpicked only the worst ones for showcase. Personally, I think the second one being shown tonight it worse than the first one, but apparently humans thought the first one was so hilariously bad that they demanded a sequel, and they got one!"

The mummy's interest was clearly piqued.

"There's this one scene with a chain-" the ghostly alien immediately stopped himself. "No, I've already said to much. You'll just have to see it for yourself!"

Deep in conversation, Spenst didn't even notice the doctor approaching the stand. Only an abrupt elbowing from the Thep Khufan was able to bring him back to reality.

"Oh, hello Doctor!" he greeted him. "What can I get for you tonight?"
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 2

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Marissa on Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:34 pm

"Enjoy the movie, Sir! If you can!" Marissa said cheerily to her customer as he made off with his food. Despite everything, it would seem that there truly was a certain charm to terrible movies. The fact that people even showed up at all tonight was proof of that fact. It was quite a crowd tonight, actually. The furry monstress turned to face Spenst and his partner.

"I still can't believe you and Ola made me watch Foodfight." She could already see the mummy's face contorting into a smirk. "For once, I wasn't able to laugh at a fart. They made a fart unfunny. I don't know if I should be impressed or not."

The feathery doctor made his intrigue no secret. No words were needed to make it obvious.

"That movie is showing tomorrow night, if you're interested."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:27 pm

"So wait...it's a tornado...but with sharks?"

Knock Out resisted the urge to roll his optics at the question. It was right there in the title! "Yes. A tornado builds up near the ocean, picks up sharks, and sends them flying towards people. They have to avoid the bad weather and falling sharks!" His lips quirked in a lopsided grin. The idea was preposterous, but watching all of those little humans skatter away from the sharks was hilarious! He watched with baited vents for the reaction of a young woman with vivid green eyes and long blonde hair. From the look in her eyes, she didn't quite see the humor in it that he did.

"Well that's just stupid. Sharks need water, they'd probably die before they could even bite anyone." She insisted, a know-it-all tone in her voice as she turned her nose up.

A deep huff chuffed from his vents. "Of course it's stupid! That's the point! These movies are stupid! Did you even READ the poster?" The mech clasped a servo over his face and groaned. "I'm sure I mentioned that these weren't exactly worth of an Oscar..."

She scoffed in response, body shifting her weight upon one hip. "Why would you show bad movies in your theater?"

Primus above, stay his servo and help him to not backhand this woman in the face... Knock Out took a deep breath in, grin becoming stretched and strained in a way that did not look natural. "If you don't want to WATCH it, nobody is FORCING you to."

Rather then get upset though, the young woman just shrugged and grabbed the very last flyer out of Knock Out's talons. "I still want to see it. The movie just...sounds really dumb." Leaving the mech to sputter, she continued her way into the Drive-In and claimed a spot in the gathering of chairs near the screen. He watched her go, jutting a lip and narrowing his optics. What an annoying discussion to have... As if sharknado had anything to do with realism. So far, the other patrons seemed to be looking forward to the car wreck of a movie, rather than dressing it down for flaws. A rather needless venture with such movies, honestly. Glancing down at his talons, the mech realized he was all out and decided to take this as an opportunity to get a drink. After that woman, he needed one.

Metal body shifting audibly, creating a creaking and shuffling as he moved, Knock Out entered into the concession stand building and took note of the customers who were here. Marissa and Spenst were at the registers, Spenst's girlfriend was there as well, and Spenst was currently taking care of Shaiamils. From when he had entered, he could hear Marissa talking about Foodfight. Stepping forward to enter the conversation, the crimson mech chuckled lowly. "I"m with Marissa, out of everything we watched I think Foodfight is the most painful. Not even the acting could redeem it!"

Checking the movie out with his employees had been rather fun, almost like a bonding experience as they traversed the worst movies and came out the other side with their sanity still intact. Straightening up to look a bit more professional, he addressed Olabisi and Shai in particular, as they weren't under his employment. "I hope you are all having a good night so far! I'm sure you'll enjoy Birdemic in particular, Doctor." He teased without a hint of shame.
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Shaiamils on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:50 pm

The doctor chuckled at Knock Out's mention of Birdemic specifically.

"If I recall correctly, I think I'm the one who actually suggested that disaster. Remember when we were in the Sanctuary and I showed you those clips on my phone? Haha, if I had to suffer through it, I'm glad that other people are going to have to with me. At least some of the scenes were funny, though, if that counts as a redeeming quality. Hmm, maybe not? They were only funny because of just how bad they were."

Shaiamils tapped his beak with a claw as he perused the menu.

"I'd like a large tub of popcorn and a large slushie, please. Blue raspberry."
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Olabisi took out her phone, checking the time. By the look of things, it was getting pretty close to showtime. The bandaged alien supposed that now would be just as good a time as ever to get herself some food for the show. Probably surprising no-one, she got in line right behind the feathery doctor, despite the fact that Marissa's post was now currently open for customers. Anyone who really knew her and Spenst could tell why.

As the mummy waited, she took out her phone again to pass the time. It was really tempting to look up more info on Sharknado, but she showed restraint. Spenst did say that she would not want this to be spoiled for her, after all.
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:14 pm

"Coming right up, Doctor!" Spenst said, making his way over to the popcorn and slushie machines.

Such foods took little effort to prepare. Machines that did all the cooking and preparation for you? It was all so wonderfully convenient! All the ghostly alien had to do was scoop up the popcorn and and turn a nozzle.

"Here you go." He placed Shai's order on the counter. "That'll be 9 credits plea-"

Hey, wait a minute!

"...Ola, what are you doing in line behind the doctor? Marissa's wide open, you know. She could take your order right now."

"I know~" she replied, giggling.

Spenst could only look at Marissa and shrug his shoulders.
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Marissa on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Marissa could only shake her head as the annoying customer left.

"Some people, am I right?" she said to the mech once she was sure that the customer was completely out of earshot. "I really hope nobody ends up complaining about any of the movies. But honestly, at this rate? I wouldn't be surprised if that did end up happening. Pfft. It's their own faults for not reading the fine print, though. Well, if you could really call it fine print. I think you made it pretty obvious that this was supposed to be a bad movie marathon."

The furry monster laughed as her coworker shrugged in response to his partner's queuing for his station.

"It isn't bothering me, Spenst. Don't worry about it."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Some people indeed. Shaking his head, the mech let out a sigh. "Some people just like to complain. It isn't like they're paying to see these movies, either! Like you said, Marissa, I made it perfectly clear that this weekend's films weren't exactly the cream of the crop..." He could understand people being disappointed, perhaps. If they had come, thinking they would see a good movie and finding...well, all of this instead. However, there would always be next weekend! For this weekend alone, Knock Out wished to cater to an audience like himself. An audience who may want to see a movie to laugh at it, like Shaiamils and Olabisi! Watching these movies with his employees had also been an experience he quite enjoyed. "If anybody does have a problem this weekend? They'll just have to talk to the servo!" Knock Out decided, stretching his arm out with the palm of his servo facing where a customer's face would be. A little smirk grew on his face. Aah, the advantages of being your own boss!

Turning to look at Shai, Knock Out blinked his optics. Oh, Birdemic had been Shai's suggestion, hadn't it? "Aah, you're right, Doctor! Thank you again for showing me those clips. If it weren't for you, I might not have even thought to show it!" The majority of the movies were rather mainstream, The Room was the only other independent movie and it had been out a long time. Enough to get a cult following at least! Birdemic was a well known bad movie too, but it might have easily slipped through the cracks for the crimson mech. "If anything is a redeeming factor for that movie, I think it's the effects! So lifelike." He chuckled, voice smooth as caramel as he kept a nice pokerface. It was as if those birds were coming right at the screen!

As Spenst finished up with Shai's order, he pointed out to Ola that she could easily go to Marissa to have her order taken. The mummy alien declined, preferring to wait to have Spenst take her order instead. "Ooh, I guess she likes ordering you around, Spenst~." Knock Out teased, winking at his employee with a grin. It was all in good fun, but he did find it a little bit funny!
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Shaiamils on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:31 pm

The avian doctor couldn't help but chuckle as Ola queued in line behind him. Despite the fact that Marissa was wide open for customers, the bandaged alien just could not resist ordering from her ghostly boyfriend. Shaiamils completed the transaction, a look of obvious amusement still evident on his face.

"That should do it. Thanks!" He gave the mummy a playful elbow as he started to take his leave. "He's all yours now~"

As the feathery alien was walking away with his food, though, he stopped. He had an idea.

"Say, Ola? You think we could maybe watch the movie together? I mean, if Spenst is okay with that."
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:44 pm

Olabisi giggled lightly as the doctor gave her a playful elbow. All hers indeed! She approached the Ectonurite's register, her elbows resting on the counter.

"Alright, Spenst, here's the rundown for you: I'd like a number four combo with cheese on that burger, please, with a lemonade slushie for the drink. Oh, and I'd like to add a medium popcorn to that."

She turned to face Shaiamils at his proposition.

"Oh! That sounds great, I'd love to! And I'm sure Spenst isn't going to care. He trusts me." The alien chuckled, playfully caressing his cheek. "Isn't that right? You don't mind, do you?"
    Spenst
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Spenst on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:58 pm

"Thank you, doctor. Enjoy the show!" Spenst said cheerily, waving at him as he took his leave.

It was Ola's turn to order now. She was giggling as she approached the counter. The Ectonurite's mouth quickly curled into a wide, goofy grin. Oh how he loved that sound! The ghostly alien listened intently as he took her order. It only took but a second for him to calculate the price in his head.

"5 credits, please." He chuckled as Ola shot him a pleading look. "Come on, don't give me that look. You might be with me and all, but you know I can't just give this to you for free."

"Haha, I know. Just messing with you!" she jested, making the transaction. Spenst gulped as his mummy girlfriend caressed his cheek. He could feel his tentacles starting to wriggle about under his uniform. Hopefully no-one would notice.

"Of course I trust you, Ola. You and Shai go have your fun." He handed the bandaged alien her order. "Enjoy the show!"
    Marissa
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Marissa on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:10 pm

Marissa's tail twitched idly as she watched the two lovebirds at play next to her. Truthfully, the display was almost sickening, but still completely hilarious nonetheless. It took every ounce of willpower in her to suppress laughter at the scene before her. And there was that strange movement under Spenst's uniform again. The furry monster had seen it herself a few times before, and it always made her curious. Still, she figured that it would probably be a fairly rude thing to ask about. That could be a very private thing for him, you know? Of course, there was always a possibility that it wasn't, but she still wasn't going to risk asking. At least not for the time being.

Another customer was fast approaching her register. The monstress perked up, diverting her attention from the two lovers. Time to look alive!

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 pm