Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Re: A Fishy House Call

Post by Minion on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Even Minion found the choices of vegans to be odd! Fear's opinion on them was obviously quite negative. Shrugging his robotic shoulders lightly, the fish gave his two cents on them. "If they choose not to eat meat and milk, that's their choice. Not a smart choice, but it's their right to eat what they want. I just don't understand how they think it changes anything." A metal hand gestured vaguely in the air. "Just because they don't eat steak doesn't mean no cow will ever be slaughtered again! All of those products are still in the stores, supplied to the people who do consume them. Makes all the complaining and belly-aching kinda...useless." About as productive as yelling at the sky, at least. As far as he was concerned, the ghoul had the right idea. As long as the animals were looked after and killed cleanly and kindly, there were no issues in his book!

His comment had been made in jest, though Minion found himself quickly interested in what Fear thought of it. Joints popped grotesquely and he couldn't help the twist that came over his fishy face, features churning in light disgust. Eugh...good old rigor mortis. Slim metallic digits tapped against each other as the wave of revulsion ebbed away. "Aha..." It was instead replaced with apprehension. Gifted with higher thought, but plagued with it as well. Certainly a darker take on it, but the alien found he could not deny the truth of it. Did not Goldie, simple as she was, find happiness in merely swimming in a tank and eating fish food? Certainly a less disturbing life than the one he led for so long. "O-oh, I prefer the company of uh...well, civilization!" He offered the former man a toothy smile. "I haven't found a fish yet who's made for good conversation. Not even my own pet goldfish. If I lived in the ocean with schools of fish... I think I'd wind up pretty lonely." Such was the life of Minion.

Onto less depressing matters, Fear's paramour sounded like a difficult case. Such impudent behavior caused the fish to chuckle, shaking his...well, whole body, as if in disbelief. "What a stubborn man. Makes the fact that you're trying to make him soup even...nicer." It showed that despite the attitude, the ghoul cared for him. It almost reminded Minion of some of Roxanne and Megamind's antics, though Fear spoke up and jarred him out of memory lane. "O-oh. I thought it'd be...the respectful moniker." He explained, tone sheepish and light. Although the corpse had hired him to be something of a teacher, the other man was technically his temporary boss. Such a role deserved a bit of formality and respect, didn't it? "If that's what you prefer! You've got it, Fear!" Minion relented with an awkward smile. The name alone was odd but to use it so personally... Well, as long as that was what he wanted. A name was a name, after all!

Mincing ginger was apparently the job Fear was made to do, as the ghoul seemed to expertly hack and slash away at the root! The fish observed his pupil's work with a proud stance and grin, mechanical arms folding behind his back. Bits of the root flew through the air in a rather messy display, but it was nothing to be concerned about. The uh...the gleeful rasp on the other hand...

"Hu hu! Jussst like chopping a man'sss neck,"

Was it possible to gulp when you lived in water and breathed through a pair of gills? Science be damned, Minion felt himself swallow thickly. Tendrils wavered in an anxious pattern and the fish alien suddenly directed his attention away from the chopping. "I'm uh, glad you're enjoying yourself!" Just don't think about it, focus on the meal. His attention drifted to the Dutch Oven, metal joints squeaking softly as the alien shuffled over to keep a steady eye on the broth. Not much longer, just let him get a few more hacks and slashes in!
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:07 am

Eh, choices... As far as Fear concerned himself (and quite shallowly), he viewed the notion of free will as a double-edged and oftentimes clumsily-wielded sword. "Giving the uneducated masssssesss a voice and an option to pursssue isss a fool'sss recipe for disssassster. Take thisss notion of veganisssm," he rasped solemnly, gesturing with a rotted hand. "You know asss well asss I do that choossssing to abssstain from a life of meat and animal productsss isss nothing more than man'sss folly againssst nature herssself. It isss the illussssion of choice, for you are again right; one vegan, let alone a thousssand, will not make a difference in the natural order of thingsss. Prey isss to be consssumed by the predator - meat to be consssumed by the hungry. Thisss isss how it hasss been sssince time immemorial."  

An otherworldly chuckle rumbled throughout the kitchen. "The living can be quite ssstupid, no?" It was followed by a succinct pause. "...No offenssse to you, of courssse." Right, Fear always seemed oblivious to present company.

"O-oh, I prefer the company of uh...well, civilization! I haven't found a fish yet who's made for good conversation. Not even my own pet goldfish. If I lived in the ocean with schools of fish... I think I'd wind up pretty lonely."

Oh? Now this was a decadent thought for the mind.

"Ha ha! The woesss of not being a psssychic, hm?" Fear glanced up from his work, whatever it may be, and decided to humour his aquatic instructor. "You would be pleasssantly surrrprisssed," he hissed. "A great many of God'sss creaturesss posssssessss thought, however simple it may be. Mossst do not coalesssce their thinking into the ssspoken word, but I do believe desssiresss and emotionsss are rather ssstraightforward enough. I underssstand your plight, though." Transitioning between a civilized mind and a more animalistic one proved cumbersome at times, even for a veteran psychic such as himself. "Ah well..." Fear shrugged and went about his business, grotesque hands occupying themselves lest they become the Devil's playthings. "Life'sss easssier when you are more ignorant to itsss maddening pitfallsss. While I am not privy to the finer minutiae of your current exissstence - at leassst, not without psssychic intrusssion - I believe you are handling yourssself well enough. There isss little reassson to fix what isssn't broken, yesss?" Best to leave things as they were and let the pieces fall into place.

Chop chop chop! WHACK! Chop chop chop! WHACK!

The ginger root hadn't a hope or a prayer as Fear made short work of it, the air smelling heavily of spiced earth and the general aura of the kitchen brightening. Wielding a knife had that effect on the helmeted ghoul. "Oh yesss, he isss quite ssstubborn," Fear agreed, nodding stiffly along. "But it isss that sssame dogged conviction I love ssso. If only more were like him..." Alas! He wiped his knobby mitts on a nearby towel and finished mincing the ginger. Otherworldly eyes looked to Mitchell expectantly. "Yesss, that isss true, innit? Missster isss ressspectful. However, you need not trouble yourssself with formalitiesss; I am not particular." Not anymore, that is. "How isss the broth? Isss it coming along nicely?"
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:56 pm

Despite the ghoul being something of a more...stern and strict figure, Minion still found himself in agreement. Humans were meant to be omnivorous! Canines had developed in their mouth for a reason, surely not shredding greens to pieces. No, those were flesh ripping teeth. Just as Minion himself had a mouth full of fangs! "The meat industry is very flawed, but the answer is definitely not just boycotting the products. They just don't have enough power, like you said." If the choice is an illusion, is it even worth trying to pretend otherwise? After such wise words, Fear promptly stuck his foot in his mouth! ...Was there a mouth behind that helmet? Woof, that was a black-hole of a thought. Best steer clear of that one! "None taken! I have my ditzy moments, so..." The fish shrugged, hardly affected by the potentially insulting words. Back when Megamind was a villain, he remembered thinking the citizens at large were stupid for ignoring or hating his friend and brother! Besides, how did the saying go? A person is smart, people are dumb.

Fins fluttering lightly, the alien fish hummed curiously at the idea of being psychic. To hear the thoughts of others? Well, that would solve a lot of interpersonal issues but seeing hidden thoughts was a bad idea. It was like flipping through somebody's diary! However, the power would come in handy to help communicate with the average fish! What thoughts lied within Goldy's head, or even Cleo's...? "I've often wondered about the thoughts of animals and wished I could hear them...but I don't have any experience with psychic powers. Or any powers! I'm just an alien fish in a robot suit." As if to demonstrate, Minion wriggled within his tank. "I guess it's better to just accept things as they are and...try to make some lemonade where you can, right?" Nothing was 'broken' now that he'd escaped from that impostor, and he had rebuilt his life into a better one. There really was nothing more he could ask for! Though now it made him wonder about Fear's own life. Psychic powers were a hefty responsibility. Requiring much discipline! What was it like...?

Only the sound of violent chopping could jog the fish, who stepped a bit closer to observe. Bit by bit, the smell of the chopped liver cycled through his vents and allowed him to 'smell' it through the water. "Aah..." Minion sighed appreciatively. He quite liked the scent of ginger! Oh, but how intriguing. Fear's lover was a stubborn thing, but the conviction he carried in his heart was a trait that the ghoul loved! The fish's smile turned crooked, mind flitting to days gone by. "Conviction seems to be a desired trait in romantic partners. I think that was one of many reasons why Megamind fell in love with Miss Ritchi. She was a very sweet woman, and if she made a choice or decision...she stood by it wholeheartedly." She was most certainly not submissive or hysterical.

With a nod to show he understood Fear's wishes regarding how he be addressed, the fish soon gasped and stepped back to the broth. "Oh right, right!" Looming over the Dutch Oven, his fish eyes stared at the contents with a critical eye. "Hm...! I think it is almost ready! It's just about to simmer, I just need to...aha!" Robotic fingers grabbed the sprigs of thyme delicately, setting them down beside the broth. With a 1/4 teaspoon ready, Minion held the sprig aloft. His metal digits pinched the plant at the top, before slowly sliding down and dislodging the leaves to trickle down onto the counter. Most of them found their way into the measurement spoon, and the rest were swept up in his hands and plopped inside. "There. Bring over the ginger and the pan of roasted veggies. It's about time for us to put it all together!" Within the Dutch Oven was the tell tale burble of a simmering fluid. "I hope you don't mind if I remember this recipe for a nice, winter day." It almost made him hungry!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:41 pm