Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Re: Practice Makes Perfect!

Post by Ariana Lee on Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:53 pm

As Ariana continued to give attention to the disguised feline, she couldn't help but feel that this was something of a strange 'opportunity'. Not even in the literal sense of course, merely that the kind of being this cat really was, this...God, probably didn't go around letting any Tom, Dick or Harry pet it. Attentive as her stroking was, she chided herself to be mindful. She would hate to do something to upset the being beneath this furry mask. As for where she would have to begin... Soft whispers echoed in her mind, delivering an answer that drew a sad smile. "Just me?" It wasn't exactly much to work with, was it? Just Ariana Lee, the werewolf with anxiety. "I've had 'just me' all this time and never really gotten anywhere..." Nowhere good, at least.

Plump and furry, the cat leaned against her middle. With a back arched like a Halloween cat's, the young woman took that as an invitation. Her hands slid over the fur, working their way down the arched spine. Plump as he was, the vertebrae definitely weren't bony. Ariana's face scrunched up at the thought of fear being a 'teacher'. An abusive one, perhaps, but not the greatest. Nevertheless, the young woman's disagreement went unspoken. There was still some truth to the cat's words. "People do speak of conquering fear...mastering it instead of living in terror. So that is what I must do? Master my fears?" Despite the hopeful lilt to her voice, her face still carried a frown. When she had gone to apologize to the couple she attacked, Skyler had soothed her fears and come along with her. Granted, those fears were proven true when the woman immediately attacked them! But...without Skyler, the situation wouldn't have been resolved. Without the cyborg's support, without her coming to Ariana's defense... The young werewolf's chest panged, the wound still fresh. She was completely alone...with only a God in the disguise of a cat for advice. Without the young woman realizing it, her grip around the feline tightened ever so slightly. Even as it described her soul as being a feeble husk. Like the peeled shells of a peanut, left to be crumbled into the ground. Who was she to deny that? It was the truth.

What frightens you the most, hmm? What gnaws at the roots of your being, driving you to an endless cycle of self-inflicted agony?

Gentle paws kneaded at the light brown tank top, pushing at the light layer of fat beneath the fabric. It was an odd feeling, Ariana had never gotten this close to a cat before. Whenever her friends had pets she'd pet them lightly on the head but...she had never cuddled them like this. Curling up around the pleased little puss, her eyes lowered to the forest floor. She took in the dirt, indents in it where she had been standing before. What was it that frightened her most...? Images flashed in her mind's eye, a creature with gnashing teeth that tore through flesh and snapped bone to splinters. Organs ripped to ribbons and swallowed, bloodshed that sometimes felt like a second skin that would never wash off. What indeed.

"...Myself. I'm a monster." She admitted softly, tone resigned. As a werewolf without a pack, a monster through and through, she was destined to be alone. People were simply safer that way. Ariana was safer that way.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:09 am

A werewolf stricken with timidity... How poetic.

But the purring feline between Ariana's gentle hands was a patient creature. Eternally patient, one could even say. It listened to her musings, both spoken and unspoken, and continued to happily remain nestled upon her lap, tail lazily curling. My dear, are we not all monsters - characters in a tale largely dependent on the view of its reader? remarked the voice. A sibilant chuckle tickled her ears. You are the author of your own story, are you not? If you are tired of being the monster, then rectify yourself to become the hero. Unless, of course, you believe yourself deserving the role of a villain? Perspectives were all a trick of the mind, capable of being manipulated to a desired end. How to better alter hers, alas? The demon in her ear thrummed.

You could become a powerful harbinger of death and bloodshed, it mused, for the gift of lycanthropy is a blessing to some. Or, should it suit your tastes, you could remove yourself of doubts, and embark upon the path of a noble and wise statesman, your canine senses more honed than the average mortal. Truly, my dear, the greatest obstacle to personal greatness is none other than yourself. However, it knew very well that Ariana wished for neither of these paths, of villainous deeds or heroic acts. She simply wanted to remain as thus - herself. A peculiar mortal, she was... I suppose, then, continued the voice, that you need to accept the beast within, and to realize that you mustn't make an enemy out of thyself. You are given a gift, child; whether you view it as a boon or curse, is up for debate and your actions alone. As for how...

Again, it thrummed, the feline rolling over to expose its furry abdomen. You are of a learned mind, are you not? it asked. Werewolves are not as uncommon as they once were; indeed, most of your kind have learned to mingle the ignorant, and with modest success. Surely there are tomes of knowledge, yes? Just as you have taken initiative to raise a bow and hope to better your pathetic aim, so too could you tame those insatiable urges. You need only to want, and it shall become so.
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:19 am

Were it not for the voice in her head, this cat could easily be mistaken for an average puddy tat. It certainly acted like one, soaking up the attention like a sponge and curling up on her lap. Felt like one, soft fur beneath her finger tips and purrs that vibrated up her phalanges through the bone. Who knows, maybe the voice was just part of some...psychotic break! Whatever the case, the young woman found no reason to ignore the dark voice as it spoke.

My dear, are we not all monsters - characters in a tale largely dependent on the view of its reader?

"Well, we all have our inner demons, if you know what I mean."

Face scrunching, she grimaced at the familiarity in the cat's words. Even the cyborg she'd been crushing on, had admitted to having inner demons. So did that make Ariana yet another monster in a world full of them? Not exactly the most ideal way to look at things. Perhaps it was just...comforting. Nails kneaded into fur thoughtfully, the young woman silently digesting. With Ariana as the author of her own story...she could rewrite it. Make herself the hero, unless she thought herself deserving of being the villain. Nibbling her bottom lip, the werewolf eventually shook her head. "I...I don't think I deserve that, no." So, the question was what she did deserve.

She visibly flinched at the rather...dark imagery the God thought up. Savage and covered with blood...no, that was not the narrative she wanted for herself. The second option was less gruesome, and yet still seemingly unattainable. Dark eyebrows knit together, the young woman staring down at the pleased kitty. "Statesman...? For what state?" Using her powers for noble goals did sound kind of nice. The young werewolf was reminded of the adventure into the jungle, helping the Ss'ruul. An exciting time, she couldn't lie! Great fights, the victory, and for an honorable cause too. Alas, such opportunities didn't exactly grow on trees. What was a girl to do when the world wasn't ending? Even if said 'girl' was indeed her own obstacle. Averting her gaze, Ariana was compelled to agree. It was a well-known fact that an individual could be their own worst enemy, at times.

"Given." Huffing, dark brown eyes became hard for a moment. That was a word for it, being attacked in the night by a monster. This disease, this strange condition... According to the godly being, it was up to her to decide if this was a gift or a curse. It was easy to treat it like a condemned thing, something to hate, but in the end...she was only hating herself. "Whether I like it or not...this is a part of me." She admitted softly. A hairy, sometimes savage part of herself, but the point remained. Tummy exposed, Ariana's hand came down in broad strokes as she mulled over the suggestion. "The werewolves of my world weren't very friendly. They mingled fine with people, but were very secretive to outsiders. Especially to lone wolves. Werewolves from other worlds though...maybe they've written about their experiences." A stray thought came to her, eliciting a dry chuckle. "If I'm lucky, maybe I could find an autobiography. I guess it's worth a shot...right?" The idea of reading about others who had a similar condition to herself was admittedly enticing.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:34 pm

The mind was a funny, funny thing.

All the while as she stroked and mused, the otherworldly being nestled upon her lap remained privy to each and every intimate detail. Her thoughts... Her dreams... Her fears... A pleased thrum echoed from deep within the cat's plush belly. You cannot change what you are, it purred, but you can choose who. You, mortal, are your greatest companion and foe. If you succumb to the beast within, know that you do so willingly; the power to resist the temptations of blood and flesh has always rested in your hands. Willpower, she-wolf, willpower.  

"If I'm lucky, maybe I could find an autobiography. I guess it's worth a shot...right?"

And so it begins...

It seems that my job here is done, said the voice. With a lazy yawn, the black feline uncoiled itself and stretched, back arching upward. You now have a way - a path to the future and all its intricate possibilities. What happens now is entirely up to you, mortal. As much as the insidious creature delighted in the corruption of man and beast alike, there was nothing... satisfying about the torment of one so mundane. It surely could do better with its nefarious talents. Finished cleaning its paws, the whimsical cat brushed up against the woman one last time. Farewell, it whispered, tail curling. Much like you, I must return to continue writing my own story, for an author must always be diligent lest their ink fade with time and neglect. Hero, villain... it matters not, in the end - only that the tale be finished and new works be pursued. I look forward to your completed novel. It said no more and sauntered off, much like cats were wont to do, before vanishing into the forest's shadowy underbrush. Ariana was once again... alone.
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:53 pm

You cannot change what you are, but you can choose who. You, mortal, are your greatest companion and foe.

Who was Ariana Lee? Just a girl who was a werewolf? Her golden eyes flickered to the bow and arrow. She had been trying to make herself an archer, though the attempt was partially just...something to distract herself with. It was good to try her hand at different things, right? But as she listened to the cat's words, Ariana realized just how much choice there was at her fingertips. In this world, that would not restrict her due to income like Earth would. On Portal Breach, where being a werewolf wasn't that strange. With all the chances she could take...should she let something like fear rule her so much? The young woman took a deep breath, arms stilling around the plump feline. "You're right...maybe instead of trying to avoid the beast inside me... If I can get to know it and embrace all of what that means, I will have a better understanding of myself. A-and I won't be so scared!" Ignorance would no longer help her, it would only make the werewolf stagnate. She had the power to resist, and gaining more information on all things werewolf would only give her more power over herself!

For the first time in a while, Ariana could feel a blossom of hope in her chest. A smile graced her lips, and behind her glasses her eyelids fluttered shut for a moment. Things were not as hopeless as they seemed. She was not so hopeless. The young woman's eyes opened just as quick, glancing down at the cat and loosening her arms around him so he could move freely. "Oh-! Um, thank you for giving me advice, Mr...God cat." What an odd encounter. The young lycanthrope certainly didn't roll out of bed thinking she would receive life advise from a God. The experience was very humbling, and so the girl remained kneeling rather than stand just yet. Funny how she could feel humbled and empowered at the same time. Giving the feline a farewell stroke, she smiled down at him with a soft look in her gaze. "The life of a God continues on too, right?" It had more things to do than sit here and talk with her, of course. With a little wave towards the retreating cat's starfish, she nodded her head in agreement with a smile. "I look forward to seeing your's too!" Ariana was ignorant to the blood on those paws, the many who had been killed like weeds in a garden. If she knew the truth, perhaps she wouldn't be so eager to see the finished novel those paws would write.

Away the cat did walk, steps brisk and tail like a flag before the ebony creature seemed to dissolve into the shadows beneath the trees. Finally she stood up, and gathered together all of her belongs. An interesting meeting... Ariana's mind flickered back to the presence that seemingly benevolent creature had put out. Ancient, heavy, and wise. Enough to make her throat close at the very thought of it. Spectacled eyes darted around the forest, wondering what else may be lurking within and waiting. Perhaps nothing quite as polite as the God. The young woman took a deep breath and willed herself forward, leaving the forest to her heels. That was enough practice for today. She had a novel to write.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:30 am