Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

What interesting wares.

Post by Bloodscream on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:06 pm

Time: Noon
    Date: 03/29/16

Spring was certainly trying to push forward, this much the immortal could not deny what with the flowers attempting to blossom and the trees beginning to spring forth with leaves. However, it was not quite spring yet, as the gray clouds overhead showed quite plainly. Yes it was a rather gloomy and gray day in Portal City, the thin sunlight unable to pierce through the constant cloud cover.

On days like this it would have been completely understandable for the mercenary to remain inside, or in the depths of the outer district. However, Bloodscream had recently come across a very old piece of news. One that, at the time when it was new, had intrigued him, but one that he had never given any time due to his schedule. But now in the lull of the gray afternoon the mercenary decided to follow up on that old piece of news. And seek out this so called potions store.

The pale immortal was no stranger to potions, having dabbled with ingredients himself over the years. But he was no master, and certainly could not be trusted to produce potions of high quality. But if this vendor could supply such potions, things that could perhaps be useful in battle, then why not check it out?

Bloodscream came to a stop in front of the store, well, it certainly looked normal. But then again what was a potion shop suppose to look like? He opened the door and stepped inside, looking around at all the shelves. Was the store keeper in?
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Re: What interesting wares.

Post by Njorth on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Upstairs, Njorth had been busy dabbling as normal. Nothing unusual about that. Except today, the subject of his attention was another one of his experimental "gag" brews. By now he had perfected the temporary hair color serum. The first time he had tried making that, it had blown up in his face, leaving his hair a carrot orange for a few hours. At least then he knew it worked. All he had to do was make it a little less explosive.

Today he was working on type of potion that he had read up on some time ago. The idea of it, despite how immature it was, still managed to make him laugh. It was called the "maximum turbo farts potion." Its purpose couldn't be any more obvious with a name like that, could it? Just as he was about finished brewing, he could hear someone enter the store downstairs. But he couldn't leave the potion just yet, though, so..

"Just a moment!" he called to whoever it was.

And so the alchemist removed the concoction from the burner. It seemed to be done, and it had not blown up in his face at all. This had to be a good sign.. Or perhaps it meant the potion was a dud? There was only one way to tell for certain. He was going to have to drink it himself. Fun, fun, fun! Of course, that was going to have to wait until after he closed up shop for the day. So now he was able to make his way down the spiral staircase and to the front counter. Indeed, there was a customer in here.

"My apologies. I was busy with a brew upstairs. Can I help you?"
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Sat May 14, 2016 6:20 pm

"Just a moment!"

Ah, good so there was someone in the store today. Bloodscream turned away from the vial he had been inspecting and turned his attention in the direction from which the voice had come. The footsteps were coming from above and the immortal looked to the spiral staircase to see, who he assumed was the owner, finally appear.

"My apologies. I was busy with a brew upstairs. Can I help you?"

The other was a man, strong looking, perhaps a warrior then? Hmm, it mattered not. After all Bloodscream had not come here looking for a fight. "Greetings. I heard word that you sold potions, I was wanting to look and see what you had." There was much he had seen in his years while living in this world. And an edge was always smart to have, especially in these times. He waited to hear what the other sold, perhaps he would be able to find something that sparked his interest.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:14 pm

"You heard right," North responded. "I'm an alchemist. It's my trade. Just about always has been. And this shop? Well, I suppose you could call it my baby. I even live here."

And of course, there came the obvious question, the one that every customer asks. Not that there was a problem with that. He wanted to know exactly what kind of potions he had on sale.

"My main stock consists of healing and stamina potions, but my temporary invisibility brews have also proven to be quite popular. Those aren't the only things I do, though. I can fill most custom orders. Within reason, of course. I don't do poisons, for one."
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 am

"I see," well, this stranger was certainly a well of information. "Tis a lovely shop indeed, I can see that thou has placed thine very heart into it. Hopefully the shop keep had gotten it insured then, fires were rare but to say that they would never happen would be silly. No it was usually wanton destruction caused by either some outside force or someone within. But of course those damages got fixed for free.

He listened to the other go through his wares. Healing and Stamina, very interesting but not something he already was without. He himself had regeneration abilities well above that of a mere mortal, and he certainly wasn't without stamina either, no dirty joke intended. But the invisibility potion now THAT was something he most certainly did not have. And what a convenient thing it would be to possess.

"I think I should like to purchase one of thine invisibility brews. How long do the affects last?" A shame about not being able to create poisons, but Bloodscream supposed it was for the best. He could concoct his own things if need be.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:37 pm

"Oh, thank you," the Nordic alchemist replied in response to his customer's kind compliment. He appeared to be interested in one of his invisibility potions, and was curious as to the duration of its effects. "Ah, just a moment!"

Njorth turned around, bringing down four bottles from the shelf behind him, all in differing sizes. He sat them in front of the customer in order from smallest to largest.

"The smallest one will keep you invisible for 20 seconds, the next one 30, the one after that 40, and the largest one 50. The smallest potion is 30 credits, and each potion is 10 credits more as it increases in size, and thus duration. Which one would you be interested in?"
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:40 pm

The immortal waited patiently as the alchemist stepped away to retrieve the potion for his examination. Bloodscream raised an eyebrow when the other returned with not one potion but four from the shelf, his curiosity however was quickly satisfied. They were all the same potion, just in different sizes, well that was certainly convenient. As Njorth explained just for how long the potions effects would last Bloodscream began to think about how it could be of use to him.

What all could he accomplish within 50 seconds? Well, not a lot that was for sure, but he could probably accomplish just enough given certain situations. Not to mention being able to make a quick escape or sneak past some guards unseen would be something he would like to be able to do indeed. Not that he couldn't do them already, but to actually have ACTUAL invisibility if such the case arrived, well it wasn't something he was going to say couldn't be useful.

"The largest bottle, if you please. He withdrew he wallet and offered the alchemist 60 credits.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:24 pm