Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Speak

Post by Livewire on Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:49 pm

Even if she couldn't joke, Livewire could still listen. The femme's attention remained on her guardians as they spoke to each other about Kev's dire need of editing, and about the motorcycle.

Livewire herself had only seen motorcycles. She had read about cybertronains that could transform into two-wheeled vehicles like motorcycles but that hadn't captured her attention for long.  She was happy as a car, and how would she feel safe standing still in a two-wheeled altmode?  The only thing keeping her from falling down would be a kickstand!  No, much safer to have more than two wheels on the ground at all times.  More comfortable that way, just in case there was some sort of freak earthquake or a bunch of rowdy kids.  Or just people who would somehow accidentally knock a motorcycle over.  She didn't know!

The femme's mind tagged along on this imaginary adventure with the motorbike. She saw herself with big round goggles, the wind whipping her scarf behind her as asphalt passed below them.  The roar of a motor beside her and wheels rotating just fast enough that their motion blurred to the child.  Kev and Fear sitting astride her on the bike, both wearing the appropriate safety gear.  All three of them feeling the wind on their faces as city buildings, trees, hills, and the wide open blue sky passed all around them.

She saw the bike parked in a grassy knoll as the little family sat on a picnic blanket.  The three of them chatting with one another and enjoying whatever they decided to bring.  She saw an absence of the city that threw something all the more precious into greater focus.

Livewire looked at her guardians, then at her animals, and saw an opportunity for all of them. Something to break the daily cycle, something for them.

Something to do together.

And she smiled.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Well, he wouldn't exactly be opposed to getting a medal... With only a light huff, Kev let that subject drop and focused on the editing instead. "Great! You just can't inject death in it for death's sake, alright? That's my only stipulation. People only die in my stories if they absolutely have to!" A finger wagged at the corpse playfully, fully expecting him to try to edit any fluffy stories into tales of death and woe.

"Nope, never!" The alien confirmed in a chipper tone. A soft 'ooh' sounded as Fear pondered what to do for his bike, the scaly man listening curiously. The kind issued to Judges had very specific functions and parts, impossible to fully replicate but the man could try! "Behind you, huh?" Both arms slid down to wrap around Fear's waist, giving it a squeeze. "I'd like to sit behind you, definitely. A sidecar sounds rather darling~! Now all we need is little scarves to fly behind us as we ride." On a more serious note of supplies, he nodded his agreement on the helmet. Fear already had his own helmet, as did Livewire! Sort of. Either way, they'd need to find protection for Kev's skull since it wasn't made of nor surrounded by metal. "Oh, I bet the dogs would enjoy that!" He squealed softly in delight, and such a cute little mental image too! Red looked quite fetching on Metus. Slim arms squeezed at the narrow waist, chin nuzzling into the former Judge's sweater as he drank in his boyfriend's presence. Like a delicious and warm cup of hot cocoa after a long day wading through the ice. Livewire's presence, as she had crept down from the room and decided to join them, was like the sweet marshmallows on top of the cocoa. The big fluffy ones, too! After such a tiring time, it was great to have moments like these. Such sweet relief.

"Ah, right..." Without any sleep, the undead man was literally like a clock. Always ticking, always thinking, no reprieve. "No wonder you're so smart, with all that ticking. In that case, I bet it won't take you too long at all to get it fixed up! So long as you use that manual and don't depend on my little story." Was it Kev's imagination, or was Fear leaning into him...? There was the familiar pressure, the body chilling and bony. He shifted lightly, mindful of his injured toe and the warmed ice pack, before leaning against Fear like a steady tent pole. "One of many, I'm sure. One of many." He pressed his scaly face against the corpse, eyes closed contently. Together their wounds were beginning to heal, as they would have each other through this trying time. They could look to the future, making plans and enjoying each other's company. "I can't wait to ride around and explore the world with the both of you." This had been the closest he had ever had to a family. He wasn't about to let go of it now.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:54 am

Oh, now Kev was just being a randy little tart - and in front of their bumblebee, too!

A horrendous cacophony of snapping bones and crunching ligaments filled the air as the stiff fingers on Fear's hand (the one closest to Kev) unfurled rigidly. Three... Two... WHOMP! And, must like that, the alien now had a figurative mouthful of fuzzy sweater, knobby bones, and that wonderful, wonderful aroma of eau du corpse. "Yesss," agreed the fiend, purposefully rubbing Kev's face deeper into his decrepit self. "It sssoundsss like quite the idyllic dream. Though, now that I think about it, perhapsss you ssshould be sssitting in the front, ha ha." Hope you didn't mind a pinch of zest (read: alcohol) in your hot cocoa, mate.

"No wonder you're so smart, with all that ticking."

Ticking, ticking... Why did that sound so...?

It took a moment, perhaps at least three, but soon the helmeted ghoul connected two-and-two together. Clocks, ticking, time. Otherworldly eyes glanced at a nearby window, the concept of 'dusk' not yet lost upon him. And if it was dusk on a Monday night... "Hmm." Fear's unwavering sights traveled onto Kev and Livewire next; both appeared to be woolgathering. "Alright," he remarked aloud. One of his ice-cold hands patted the alien's shoulder. "Methinksss it isss time for an early ressst. Kev, you have work tomorrow. And you, Livewire..." Here, the undead man paused. "Eh, you can ssstay up with me and read a good book, if you'd like. You can even pick it out," he eventually decided. It was, admittedly, rather hard planning one's day when Livewire didn't function on a normal 24-hour sleep schedule. Something about... recharge rates, yeah? Good grief, such matters were beyond his simpler mind.

"I will not accept 'no' for an anssswer." Rising to his full height, Fear looked down at them both, voice resonating. He was mostly referring to Kev. "You had a long day, love. A pinch of timely ssshuteye will do your fatigue good. If you need assssisssstance heading upssstairsss, I will be more than happy to oblige. But you had better be tucked beneath thossse coversss within thisss half hour; or ssso help me, you will be in trouble, cadet." Or would you like that~?

He 'winked' with a knowing chuckle and shambled away to finish a few of the night's lingering chores.

((I thiiiiink this is my last post to the thread, but please let me know if it isn't!))
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:59 am

And, with that…

Well.

She had accomplished something today, and that was good. In fact, it was amazing.  The child took a moment to focus on the small movements, of Tiresias and Penny as she sat among them. Fear's words and Kev's gentle teasing brought her down from the mental image and back into the living room (with its dead occupant, of course).

She nodded with that little smile still firm in place and took this moment to lean down, pressing the flexible metal plates of her mouth against Penny's forehead in a typical, common, and much-missed affectionate gesture. The dog licked over her nose before letting that same tongue lap against Livewire's face.  The femme sat back up, but now had one hand firmly buried in the rust-colored fur of The Queen.

But, as with all things, it had to come to an end. The suggestion for an early-to-bed situation caused the child to look upon her more…well, her more seasoned guardian. Seasoned with the marinade of death.   She thought, she feared, for a moment that she would be sent to bed as well. As rocky a part had been, Livewire still wished to delay her return to the upstairs. True, she didn't have anything else to say, but she just didn't want to go yet.

Imagine her surprise when it turned out that she did not, in fact, have to go yet.

The child looked to her guardians. Penny moved her head, and Livewire stood. There weren't…there weren't hugs, she wasn't ready for that yet, but there was warmth. All the warmth that she could give right then was held, tight in her hand, as she nodded quickly before quickly dashing upstairs.

It wasn't much, no…

…but a quiet night, with a book and her guardians, that sounded like just enough.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:03 am

FWOMP

Kev's face had been shoved into the black sweater, and normally he'd have no complaints about this. The scaly man loved nuzzling his head into soft fabric. Unfortunately this sweater was intimately familiar with the body of a certain corpse, rotten smell sticking to it as if the scent was stitched into every thread. Combined with the sensation of body hands pushing his face against a rail-thin body, it had the alien huffing indignantly. "Feeeaaar!" Rub rub rub, even more snorts along with a very weak struggling. "Gack!" And what was this about Kev sitting in the front?! Tilting his head up to look at Fear's metal helm, Kev's dark blue eyes narrowed. "Hey, you'll have to earn that kind of treatment, kikiri~." The backseat had been FURIOUSLY claimed! Though there was something rather...detectable about the idea.

Alas, reality was calling. Time was getting ahead of them, and Kev had work tomorrow. His body seemed to cry out with the ghoul's suggestion, finding the idea of wrapping up in bed tempting. The mind was thankfully not as drained and deadened as it had been when he first came home. Like a battery, time with these two had helped to charge him up a bit! Although fatigue did still linger in the corners. A chilly hand patted his shoulder, and Kev reached up to give it a squeeze. "So long as you don't mind..." The alien insisted softly. Damned living body, being all...tired! It made him feel better to know that Fear would at least be spending some time with Livewire, reading a book to her. Pulling away from the corpse, he stretched his arms and back about. The noises his body made were nothing compared to Fear's.

Ooh, so commanding. Kev scarcely had time to waggle his brows before the corpse postulated a nice little idea. Assistance into bed, hm?~ Flopping flat onto the couch in a flamboyant manner, the alien held a hand up to his forehead as if exhausted and weak. The foot with his injured toe rose into the air and hovered for a moment. "Oh, the pain! I...think to be carried in those long, strong arms might make me feel better~!" Head tilting back, he stared up into the oracularea and gave a wee giggle. A salute came up, resting the side of his fingers against his temple as he continued to peer up at Fear cheekily. "Oh sir, I'll be the best cadet~ When I wake up for work, that bed will be made up so nicely, you can bounce a quarter off the sheets!"

With a goofy chuckle of his own, the alien looked to Livewire next. There had been improvement today. Of that, there was no doubt. Every little step meant the world. Eventually, it would all add up. They just needed to be patient and loving. It was the best environment for eventual growth. The young femme darted back upstairs, no words or affection given, but there didn't need to be an exchange. Kev merely waved at her retreating form, before returning to rest his head on the couch. Fear was tending to chores, and Livewire was off to pick a book. For now, he took a deep breath and seemed to soak in the stillness of the house. In truth, he could carry himself up the stairs but...let's face it, they both wanted this. With one more little chuckle, the alien settled into place and waited. With these two at his side, he was ready to tackle the days to come, until there would be no more fatigue lingering in the back of his mind. Until it wouldn't hurt so much to go to work.

Tomorrow is another day.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:20 pm