Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: For You

Post by Kev on Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:25 pm

Whereas Kev regarded the interruption with a tired sort of irritation, Fear's anger was a lot more volatile. The alien embraced him physically and mentally, almost apologetic. Kev wasn't the only one that needed some downtime, after all... He didn't fight the hand that guided him back onto the bed, though the alien didn't quite lounge on it yet. He remained seated instead, watching Fear's back as he left the room. "Yes sir." After a brief pause, curiosity nipped at him. Fear told him to lay down, but... Well, he just had to know what this was about. He stood up from the bed yet again, and with quick steps, made his way to Livewire's room. Kev lingered in the doorway as Fear leaned out of the window, keeping his eyes on Fear's backside in case he may slide out. A snorting kind of chuckle sounded from him, raising a scaly brow at Fear when he glanced back to the alien. Amusement twinkled in his dull eyes. Sometimes, that man was exactly what the Doctor ordered...

Entering the threshold of the room, Kev approached Fear from behind and slipped his arms around the ghoul's waist. Poor man was a bit top heavy, so he'd need a counterbalance. While Fear's toes dug into the carpet, his own heels dug in as well. His forearms stiffened into place, and though Fear didn't smell particularly great from behind... Kev didn't mind holding him like this. Especially if it kept Fear from tumbling head over heels out of the window. With Fear in a mood such as this, he wasn't about to give out information so readily. With the mood Kev himself was in, he didn't feel obliged to make Fear be nice. Admittedly, it always seems to be the 'thing' to do... So many people just run off. He shrugged lightly, a hint of irritation as he spoke so that only Fear could hear. Such was the way of people, at times.

Nessa seemed to take Fear's heckling in stride, even yelling back that Jesus had some good pots or something. Sailed right over his own scaly dome, it did.

"Well. I know where she is, I've got a bug on her."

"You wot?!" Kev almost yelled, voice now projected so that Nessa could hear him. His grip around Fear tightened slightly, thoughts buzzing. Nessa knew where she was, had something on her! "How, when, where?!" He didn't dare actually answer Nessa's question, as he realized that everything about the past ten days was sensitive information. Kev trusted Fear's judgement, and so he trusted the former judge to decide what should be spilled and what shouldn't. They had done a good job of keeping this thing isolated so far, only between the three of them. Now that Livewire had run off... Well, let's just say it might not be so isolated anymore.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:24 pm

"Jesus was a nice guy, he had the BEST pot ever, just so you know!"

"Oh yesss, I wouldn't doubt that, coming from you long-haired dirty hippiesss." Not that Jesus actually had long hair; though he was probably filthy, given the era. Anyway, blasphemy aside... Kev decided to make an appearance, but this was one of the few times where his disobedience elicited a happily surprised, "Mm~", out of yours truly. Grabbing from behind, are we? Well! Can't imagine how this must look from the lawn. "Ssso ssscandalousss," Fear coyly remarked, trying his hardest not to snigger. People behave ssstrangely when frightened, Kev; running away from their woesss isss a fairly common occurrence. Now, then... back to the Rat Queen and her rolling eyes, because it sounded like she was up to her usual bag of tricks.

"Well. I know where she is, I've got a bug on her."

"You wot?!"

Fear removed his gaze off all the rats dotting Kev's cheery front yard. Mischievous little buggers... "One moment," he excused himself to the Piper. The fiend looked back over at the alien and lightly shrugged. "Kev, it'sss Nessssa. When doesssn't ssshe have a rat on sssomeone?" To hear that the Rat Queen had a lead on Livewire was highly unsurprising and honestly quite useful. Ghostly eyes returned forward, though the unseen presence weighing down against Nessa's shoulders had never left.

"Alright, I sssupposssse you'll be wanting a trade of information; the femme'sss whereaboutsss for the root of all thisss madnesssss? It'sss what you rogue-typesss do." As far as Fear could tell (and he could tell many things), Nessa's concern for Livewire's well-being was genuine. The Piper also knew far better than to incur the wrath of yet another dark, eternal force by entertaining deceit or whatever tomfoolery her kind favoured. Right, then! Suppose he'll have to make the first offering, as a token of good faith... "Ssshe ran away becausssse sssomeone dear to her isss no longer with usss," Fear decided to answer. His response was vague in all the right places and yet satisfactory just the same, though someone like Nessa ought to be proficient enough in reading between the lines. In fact, he was counting on it. "Livewire hasssn't been feeling quite herssself thessse passst ten daysss, alasssss. I'm afraid ssshe'sss currently under a nasssty ssspell. If you are wondering asss to why neither of usss have gone out to look for her, well..." Again, another rigid shrug. "Livewire needsss her ssspace and ssshe isss a tough young lady. Ssshe can handle her own until I leave at nightfall."

And by then it was only a matter of time before the superfiend managed to sink his hardened talons into those big ol' ears of hers. Pleased with his bartered good, Fear waited expectantly for Nessa's half. "Alright, your turn," he rasped.
    Nessa
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Nessa on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:12 pm

Honestly, she didn't know Jesus, but hey, a quip ought to count somewhere in the book upon books of Nessa's snappy comebacks. Seeing Kev made Nessa a bit calmer. Her paranoia still waving the largest of red flags, banners even, but the alien was such a dear. It's hard not thinking about the three happy and in a family situation. A genuine happy feeling. Elders and gods, stop with the sappy thoughts, where are your manners. There's a flipping mind reader in your midst. Yeah Fear. Suck it! Yeah you heard me! Oh I can't mean that. You're too damned cute, you tall dark and handsome brute!~

IN ANY CASE.

Her hearing picks up the little barbed-ish comment about a rat. And merits a "HAH! Puns." from the Piper down on the porch. Looking around, Nessa makes a shooing gesture at the remainder of her children. They wisp away into dark aura and the little voices probably buzzing around the former Judge's mind quiet. There you go, you big lug. We all know how much you hate the noise.

Kev freaks out though, and like the granny-figure she is, she closes her eyes and pats the air. All within due time Kev. Freaking out isn't going to help much!

The Rat Queen cocks her head at the comment about the rogue typing. Oh REALLY Fear?! She sighs, playfully of course, and shifts her weight again. But then the real information came. Someone close? Well it had to be someone much closer to Livewire to merit this kind of reac...

Skyler.

Nessa's eyes turn to slits and her brow furrows in a mix of anger and empathy. Ahhh... "Oh. Well that's something." Skyler wasn't the highest on her list of people to like, but Livewire's sister had a sort of respect in her heart. But she's gone? She just left? Now that is beyond Nessa's range of experience when it comes to Portal Breach. She simply cannot help in that regard. Sad to say it, but she doesn't know Livewire that well on that subject. "Yeah, I'm sure she could use her space for now."

Her turn then.

Words may work, but she has thousands of tiny minds with information. With a bit of a smirk, she links her own psyche to her family's and then projects the thought without walls. Layer upon layer of images paint out the picture of Livewire as she leaves the city limits, heading for the mountains. Easy enough. And the current "Feed" Of Suzanne following the femme, through the woods, etc.

"Well... if you have it handled, I'll let you to it. I wouldn't mind any kind of status update later. And I might show up more often, now that my worry is at its peak." a German accent flits up at the end of the sentence. She bows her ''Dirty hippy'' head at the judge and smiles.

A hoot and a half this crew.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:43 am

Oh my, listen to that! What a terrible sinner, thinking such thoughts. Kev's fingers twitched and the alien pulled himself closer to the corpse. Ah, if this were another time... Not giving a damn how it may look out on the lawn, Kev trilled deep in his chest and kept his grip firm on Fear. His eyes became half-lidded. "Mm, no idea what you mean~!" He insisted, even though it was a bold faced lie. As for the mental response, Kev shrugged lightly and didn't respond. People did behave strangely when scared, Kev wasn't forfeit from such responses. But running away... Mmm...

A brow arched at Fear's response, head tilting to the side. What...? His shoulders shrugged in response. "I was a bit more surprised by the part where she saw Livewire and knows where she is." Though confirmation that the 'bug' was indeed just a rat was nice. Probably a rat Livewire liked, at that! It was nice to know she wasn't completely alone...

The trade of information began, and the scaly one kept quiet as Fear spoke. Information was imparted to Nessa, though not every detail was given. Clever man, Fear kept his explanation conservative. Important footnotes were given; somebody close to Livewire had left. The femme hadn't been herself lately, and now she had run off. The two of them were merely giving Livewire her space! They were most definitely not bound and stuck for the moment, nor did they need their own time to decompress from this stressful situation to better handle Livewire. Or at least, those specific details were not the kind Nessa needed to know. Thankfully, Nessa didn't seem to fight them on it. Kev had almost been expecting one, some sort of indignation for why they were laying in bed while their beloved was off in the wilderness. Perhaps they looked bad. Perhaps they looked negligent. But Gods, he really needed some quiet time with his guypal...

Now it was Nessa's turn, and rather than give the information verbally, she did it with thought. Using her bond to the rats, she gave them a peek into the mind of one rat in particular, tailing behind Livewire as she walked. Kev took only a peek before abruptly pulling away from the mental feed. Fear should handle that...it-it would be him who goes out to find her after all... He leaned forward until his chin pressed against Fear's back, trying not to think about Nessa's feed. Livewire, walking along alone... Outside of the city. She didn't like leaving the city limits...

Nessa's concern was noted, and genuine. Kev nodded in tired agreement. Yes, they'd give her updates. Yes, she could drop by every so often to check up on Livewire and perhaps try to talk with the femme. So long as she and all of her rats behaved... He blinked as a sudden thought came to him, and the alien appeared in the window. "Wait, before you go! Make sure you update us...if she moves, okay? So that when Fear goes out...he'll have the most recent information on where she is." A simple request, no?

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:56 am

Paranoid, huh? Cute, huh? Suck it, huh? Fear had plenty to say about all that. "I'm even cuter on my kneesss," he nonchalantly remarked. They were all adults here, right? Right! And Kev, don't play innocent. If anyone was a sinner on this fine March morning, it was you. Several dozen tiny voices faded in unison, and the ghoul felt his otherworldly sinuses clearing up already. "Blesssss." One could only handle a minute or two of excited squeaking before pulling out their hair. Anyway, mountains.

Rather than answer in the traditional sense and use her big girl words, Nessa decided to paint them a rather lovely picture. She also thought to get a smidgen cryptic with her words... "Peak, huh." Golly, it sure was a good thing he graduated Law School with top honours. Or did he just... graduate and achieve nothing at all? Details, details, details. Fear was far more invested in Suzanne's report; who else would the Rat Queen send for a matter so troubling? He rested his slender forearms against the windowsill and figured to get comfortable. Might as well, because it wasn't like rigour mortis was just going to magically poof. "Hmm... well, at leassst ssshe will be easssier to ssspot amongssst the drab rocksss and canyonsss. There are plenty of cavesss that way, though it would be mossst unfortunate if ssshe delved too deep." Ah, but Livewire wasn't daft. Maybe a little reckless and hasty as of late, but there was still plenty of fear keeping the femme from outright thrusting herself into a fatal situation. For how long that played in their favour, however...

Kev was eager in asking for Nessa's assistance further, and as much as Fear wasn't a fan of dreadlocks-sporting spies and vermin-charming children snatchers... A rat's inquisitive eyes were better than nothing. He relented. "Very well," hissed the superfiend, rising to his towering height. Oi... his spine nearly settled into a gnarled curve. "Keep usss updated and I'll bring her back in no time. If all goesss well and Livewire doesssn't complicate thingsss further, we'll all have a sssound peace of mind come morning." And just wouldn't that be nice? But, he reckoned, there was nothing they could do about anything right this instant. The sun was still blazing in the sky, Livewire was a good hour or two ahead, and all three of them were running a little ragged. You know what this means.

Bulbous knuckles rapped loudly against wood as Fear thought to hell with it, he was up and clearly too antsy to lay back down. Maybe in an hour, so until then... "How about a nice cuppa?" he offered to the Piper. Look at her standing down there... all sweaty and generally winded. They might as well see her off with a soothing drink and maybe a few treats for her ravenous horde.

Perhaps there was some garbage out back... Rats like garbage, right? They certainly didn't have enough cheese to go around.
    Nessa
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Nessa on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:22 pm

All the little noises coming from the pair's mouths/otherworldly soundmakers easily get picked up and thoughts go racing. Cuter on his knees. She almost laughs out loud. And then almost wretches. Centuries of gross wouldn't save her from that gag response, she thinks. Oh well, she'll live. Her own experiences probably weren't any better. Her being such a... colorful lover. Shite. Fear. Again with the mindreading. QUIT THAT YOU. She turns her head upwards at them once again, finding this whole screaming out the window thing a bit back alley and ridiculous. However entertaining, she is a sophisticated hippy after all.

Thinking the conversation was at an end, she nearly turns her feet to leave. However, the Judge had another idea, and Kev had a question! Now it'd be rude to leave. Damn social convention and good tea.

"You should still have my necklace, Kev dear, I'll surely get a hold of you with that, if need be. In any case there will be a trail of little minds leading you to Mausi." Nessa takes a moment to take a breath. A small gust of air leaving her lungs in mortal exhaustion. That tea is sounding pretty on point.

"If you're sure I'm not intruding, I would very much enjoy tea time. Thank you~" and thus she stays. Her hands politely locked in front of her, and trying to keep her frustration with Livewire's current state at the back of her mind. Quite successfully, in fact.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:41 am

Cuter was a word for it... Kev gave Fear another squeeze around the waist, waggling his scaly brows shamelessly. "A shame you can't be on your knees all the time...~" It had been a long couple of weeks, and now that this had happened... It'd be a very long month. Perhaps two. Tension faded, the alien chirring gently. Kev could wait... As long as they had to, he could handle it. The scaly alien pointedly ignored Nessa's reaction, and kept close to the ghoul.

Well... With Nessa's help, things had become easier. They had a lead on where the femme was, a rat would keep close to her to make sure they knew where she was. The thought of her wandering around in an area she hated so much still made him rather nervous... But at least she'd stick out, as Fear pointed out. If she stayed in one area...stayed safe... Then Fear could leave to find her at night, bring her home, and they could begin measure to make sure this never happened again. As Fear rose back to his full height, Kev released his waist and took a step back. Coming forward to grab one of the ghoul's arms into his own, the alien nodded. Gods willing, the worst of it was over and by morning... They would work hard to fix this. To help their bumblebee and try to get through to her. If there was any upside to her running away, this meant she wasn't in shock anymore, right...?

Blinking down the window at Nessa, he had to resist the urge to slap his own forehead. "Ah, right... Right. That'll work." A necklace that Livewie shared. If Nessa had to come here to them for answers... That must mean Livewire had left her's behind. "I'll keep it near, so that we can hear any messages from you." Any changes in Livewire's situation, they'd want to be updated on as soon as possible. Then... Fear did something surprising. Kev's head tilted upwards, blinking at the holes of Fear's helm. Nessa hadn't ever come over for a cuppa before... The hands grasping Fear's bony arm squeezed, nodding in approval. The woman could use a drink, perhaps a sit for a spell before heading along her way. The book could wait for a few minutes.

"Well, we might as well head downstairs and let her in, huh? Hope none of the cats get any of her rats..." Still grasping Fear's arm, he shuffled close to help support the former Judge as he walked.

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:52 am