650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

For You

Post by Livewire on Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Date: 3/10
    Time: 9:07 AM

Maybe it was a curse.

Maybe it could be blamed on magic, on some fairy she accidentally stepped on when she was young. It had to be when she was young, right?  Maybe something had decided that she had wasted those first two months of her existence, hiding in an alleyway amidst inner New Detroit as soon as she realized that she could move. Was she supposed to explore?  Was she supposed to be curious?  Maybe her early timid nature had angered whatever force was responsible for creating her.  Maybe that force had decided that a punishment would teach her to not get attached to something like she had grown attached to those three dirty brick walls.

Maybe it wasn't a curse.

Maybe it was just her.

The child slipped quietly through the hallway from her room. For all of their protective guarding she did not see one animal alert to her absence. She supposed that they had grown accustomed to her not moving. She supposed that they had worried themselves near-sick if not even the gentle motion of a bed frame moving did not alert them.  It did not occur to her that they might awake after her steps carried her away from the slumbering companions. It did not occur to her that Penny, her ever-faithful companion, and Tiresias, her welcomed charge, were aware that something had changed. She did not see Penny's head raise nor Tiresias's tail twitch in contemplation as both animals watched her leave.

The pendant burned in her hand. It hadn't been too difficult to find when she set out to look. It was hard to miss, actually, and only kept just out of sight and mind. Livewire had banked this plan on the assumption that Kev would not have gotten rid of such a useful totem. Part of her felt guilty when she finally found it.  What about when Kev needed it again?  With the number of times he had undergone stress just recently it was easy to assume that Fear would require Kev to take another temporary dulling of their bond in order to save the alien pain.

But she supposed that was what she was doing now, too.  She was saving them pain.

Livewire looked around as she approached the door. She prayed that her footsteps wouldn't alert Kev. She didn't want him to know, to try and stop her. She had waited for today even though the knowledge had been stirring in her mind for days now. She waited until Fear was manning the shop and Kev was elsewhere. She waited until they were used to the sounds of her walking around the house after being still for so long. She couldn't wait any more. Each day her thoughts grew clearer as the shock began to fade.  If she waited longer then Fear, with his cursed empathy, might know what she planned to do. He could stop her easily, he could find her easily.

She looked at the pendant in her hands.  The piece of jewelry that was her only option of hiding from Fear.

She didn't want to hurt them.

She didn't want to make them suffer.

So…

The pendant clinked softly against her clothed collar.  She waited a moment and then opened the door. She could stay.  She could selfishly squeeze every drop of happiness from them. She could stay and let them help her. She could stay and eventually feel better, return to herself once again. 

Her feet hit the concrete of the porch and traveled effortlessly to the grass, the sidewalk, and then into the maze of houses.

She left.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: For You

Post by Kev on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Time: 9:14 AM
    Date: March 10, 0006

In the large bathroom that was attached to his bedroom, Kev was busy at the moment. Though most mornings in here saw him using the bathtub, today saw him using the shower stall instead. Warm water rained down from the shower-head, and for a moment the alien simply basked in it. Steam rose up, and condensation fogged up the glass walls of the shower. A sudsy bath sponge was clenched in one hand that dangled loosely by his side. Heaving a light sigh, the alien pushed off of the wall that he'd been leaning on, and set to work scrubbing his body down with the bath sponge. Water and soap suds mixed together, coating his scales like a veil.

Ten days...  Just in case there had been any spark of hope left, the days had gone by without any word, sign, or even psychic blip of the cyborg. Any small amount of denial still lingering about was extinguished. A few scales peeled off as Kev rubbed, his personal hygiene had...not been the best these past ten days. His days were spent either watching over Livewire, or manning the store. Socializing in the Sanctuary was not an option, and there were days where the alien stuck onto Livewire and Fear like a leech. There had been improvement, during the past few days. Livewire hadn't been completely still, reacting to stimuli occasionally. The yellow femme was still so quiet but anything was a good sign! The fact that she was still here was something to be grateful for.

Once the smell of death and decay had been replaced by raspberry, the scaly alien rinsed himself and the sponge free of suds. Only when the water ran clear and free of bubbles, did the faucet turn off. Without the running water, he could clearly hear the dull hum of the vent as it sucked up the warm air that had settled into the room like a humid blanket. A fluffy white towel was used to pat himself down, before Kev pulled on a clean set of clothes. A pair of boxers with flame decals, jeans, and a button up long sleeved shirt in a light shade of purple. They would make do, as today was Fear's shift at the shop. That of course, left Kev with the watch. The bathroom door creaked open, and Kev managed to get one foot into his bedroom before his body locked up tight. Large blue eyes centered onto the king sized bed, where a certain femme did not lay waiting. A chow lay waiting, as did a black cat, both heads swiveling to greet Kev with an anxious whine and a mew respectively.

But there was no Livewire to be seen.

It was as if Kev's hardware had frozen, his body lingering in the doorway as he stared silently at the bed. The sound of claws clacking on the ground did not stir him, nor did the sensation of a fluffy dog leaning against his leg. Penny nudged a hand, purple tongue lapping at his fingertips as more whines rang out through the room. No no no no... His fingers twitched, furling into his best imitation of talons as the alien wheezed. He stumbled past the canine and further into the room, to check the other side of the bed. No sign of her. Kev dropped onto his hands and knees, peeking beneath the bed. Distantly, he noted that the underside could use some vacuuming. Dust bunnies and fur sat underneath... But no Livewire.

"L-Livewire? Livewire?" He called out, tone questioning and confused. Still kneeling on the ground, Kev stared off into space as nothing answered him back. This was...was good. Right? She had moved. Maybe... Maybe she went down to the kitchen to make something to eat. He tried to make himself feel optimistic about the idea of it, but found his head full of more stuff and fluff than usual. It took him a few minutes to realize that he was standing again, having made his way down the stairs and into the kitchen without really being aware of it. Owl-like eyes blinked, surveying the tiles and cabinets, the oven that was cold and abandoned. The sink that was impeccable in cleanliness. Not here...not here...

"Kev?" At first, the metallic body had gotten him excited. But, it was a steely gray and light robin blue that greeted Kev, not sunshine yellow and vibrant blue. Marvin approached, head bobbing lightly as he stared at the alien who didn't seem to be looking quite at him... "Were you...calling for Livewire?" As far as Marvin knew, the femme had been bedridden for days!

"Huh...?" Sounding rather vacant, Kev shook his head lightly and managed to shake off some of the fuzziness to peer down at the robot. "R-right...have you seen her, Marvin? I went to take a shower an-...and..." Clarity began to settle in, and Kev grasped at his head as dread dropped into his chest like a nuke being dropped. Fingers hooked into his temples as the alien let out a sharp whine. "Nn...! I-I was only gone for a few minutes! I needed to shower and-! I-I thought...she was right there, Marvin! In the room right n-next to me!" His hands began to shake, the alien trembling as he tried to riddle this out. Where had she gone to?!

Metal hands clasped over scaley hands, giving a soft squeeze as the myr began to coo like a doze. Coo, coo... For some reason, the noise was enough to calm Kev down, or at least distract him. Marvin's hands slide to cup Kev's cheeks. "No, I have not seen her. I was out back with the animals, doing the morning chores. Perhaps..." Marvin spoke softly, trying to choose his words carefully, knowing about as much as Kev did of the situation. "Perhaps she relocated to another room. Or...she went on a walk around the neighborhood? She has been cooped up in the room for nearly two weeks...maybe she simply got cabin fever."

Kev took hold of this hope and held tightly to it. He nodded gently, patting Marvin's hands to let him know he could let go. "Y-yeah...I'm probably just...jumping the gun!" Understandably, of course, but still... One must keep their wits about them! Taking a deep breath to steady himself, Kev puffed his chest out and stepped away from the robot. When Kev spoke up again, it was with a steady air of authority. "I'll look around the house if you take the neighborhood. And when we find her, we'll let her know that she needs to ask before leaving the house and to take one of us with her." It was a simple misunderstanding, right?

Time: 9:45 AM
    Date: March 10, 0006

Wrong. Every single room had been inspected, from Fear's basement to the entire second floor. Both yards were checked, primarily bushes and trees, and especially the shed. Marvin had circled the neighborhood numerous times, finding no sign of her anywhere. The search had come up empty, and Kev had not been prepared for this. The defeated alien lay sitting on the first step of the stairs, elbows resting upon his knees with his face pointed at the ground and both hands clenching the back of his own head. Trembling, he only paused and glanced up when Marvin shuffled his way through the front door with a sigh. Kev peered around Marvin even as he shut the door behind himself. He was alone, again. "Well?"

"Still no sign of her..." The robot answered, sighing softly. His hands moved to fold behind his back, demeanor like a guilty child. "I am sorry, Kev."

"Mm..." Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Head bowing down, his hands tensed and tugged against his own skull lightly, knees bouncing in place. Not nestled in the blankets, not hiding in the basement, not curled up in a cupboard... Not in the shed with the sheep. Not cuddling Tiresias. Not even standing in the bedroom she used to share with her sister. The inn seemed like a good place to search, but to lave the house... What if she came back and didn't find him here?! Marvin could search, but...

Fear was the powerful psychic. Fear could pinpoint her location and bring her back home. That would of course, entail telling Fear he had failed. For the first time in a long time, contacting the ghoul was daunting. Terrifying. Eyes scrunched tightly, shivering. If nothing else... Fear deserved to know. By now, the alien had become a tight little ball at the bottom of the stairs, knees pressed close to his own chest. Kev was afraid, and upset, but as scared as he was to disappoint his guypal...he was more worried for Livewire's sake.

Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Kev concentrated. The house seemed to fall away as Kev reached out mentally. He avoided every instance of light, aiming instead for the blackest area he could find. Psychic feelers slithered about through the mental bond, and Kev called out into the void. F-fear... Livewire is gone. I don't know where she is, but she's not here. She seems to have disappeared while I was in the shower. Marvin and I checked every inch of the house, along with the neighborhood. We need your help.

A brief pause in the telepathic message, which had been quite calm up to this point. When he spoke again, it was softer, more vulnerable. I'm so sorry... Kev had one job, and it was to watch their bumblebee. And he had failed.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:28 pm

F-fear... Livewire is gone. I don't know where she is, but she's not here. She seems to have disappeared while I was in the shower. Marvin and I checked every inch of the house, along with the neighborhood. We need your help.

I'm so sorry...

Oh boy... Today was just going to be one of those days.

Now, you would think that losing a heavy, vibrantly yellow techno-organic alien would be impossible. You would think. By the time Fear came running, leaping precariously over parked vehicles and shoving pedestrians aside, fifteen precious minutes had passed. There was a thundering - SLAM! - as his host barreled into the front door, the fiend barely allowing himself enough room to squeeze through. "Oi, Kev! What'sss going on!? I got here asss fassst asss I could!" he hissed. But apparently not fast enough. Things weren't looking too hot, either...

The first thing noticeable was how Kev was a sopping, uncollected mess. Poor bugger... Losing the femme on his watch had done a number, and the alien already suffered from enough stress as it was. If the alien thought he'd be infuriated or shouting up a storm, Kev needn't worry. Though the situation was concerning... The last thing any of them needed was an argument or emotional breakdown. They needed to be calm, they needed to come up with a plan. And that, frankly, is what Fear was going to do. But first... "Hey..." But first he needed to make certain that Kev was all right. A broad, leathery hand gently rested itself upon one of the alien's shoulders. "Kev, it'll be all right, it will," the fiend reassured softly. "I know thingsss ssseem bleak now, but don't let it get you down, alright? It'sss not your fault, mate." Well, it kind of was, but there weren't any brownie points for assigning blame during a crisis. He gave the alien a brief squeeze, tenderly stroking the emerald scales atop Kev's head, and glanced around. "Well, I have to hand it to her..." Fear offhandedly remarked. "Ssshe certainly knew when to give usss the ssslip. Clever, but when I catch her, ssshe'sss in trouble."

And that was putting it lightly.

They'll worry about that when the time comes, however. Livewire's well-being was to come first and foremost before any punishment. "Do you remember anything, Kev? Anything at all?" he asked, looking back down. "Every detail isss important when we begin our sssearch."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:23 pm

One could almost hear the galloping of feet outside. Like a psychic radar, Kev could sense Fear coming closer and closer until - SLAM! Both alien and robot jerked at the sound, the door nearly blown off the hinges from some unstoppable force! Marvin moved fast, positioning himself between the alien and the door. One arm swept out to the side, keeping Kev behind as he stared down the dark figure who had nearly busted the door down. It was...!

Oh.

It's just Fear. Robotic shoulders whirred lightly, optics rolling. Kev didn't need to be protected from the former Judge. Marvin moved back and out of the way, offering a light wave to Fear as he found a wall to stand by. The little alien that was slowly shifting into a ball peeked out from between his fingers. "I...I don't know. I don't know, she's just...she's gone!" The scaly ball quivered, distressed now that he'd verbally acknowledged exactly what this was. Livewire had disappeared, so soon after her sister! Could this...could she...? Before Kev could think too much on the subject, a large hand grasped his shoulder. No yelling came from Fear, no insults and certainly no indication that Fear laid any blame on Kev for this. As Fear spoke, he had only comforting words to give. The scaly ball uncurled, lanky arms reaching out to wrap around Fear snugly. "I-I'll try--I'll try, Fear. I'm just...I'm scared." Was Livewire safe? What did the femme have planned? Did she have a destination in mind? Where was she now? Nestling his forehead against Fear's chest, Kev ignored the questions that dug into his brain like knives and focused on his guypal. "Thank you for coming so fast..." The tender strokes earned Fear an uneven trill, temples nudging Fear's hand with every stroke.

When Fear put it that way... Kev blinked up at him, furrowing his brows. "You think that all this time...she's just been waiting for one of us to make a mistake so she can leave?" But...why? Could it be that, no matter what they did, Livewire just didn't feel safe here anymore? "Mm..." Skyler really picked a great time to disappear, didn't she? Kev gave a long, tired sigh, hiding his face in Fear's chest and ignoring the smell of the corpse's flesh. He sought comfort in the black fabric, and he could suffer a bad smell. "I trust your judgement, Fear." Whichever method Fear would use to handle Livewire after this, Kev trusted that the ghoul would be compassionate, yet strict.

Peeking back up to look into the glowing helm, Kev rumbled in thought. "Remember... I..." His lean shoulders shrugged, helpless. There really wasn't much for him to remember! "She was laying in bed, like she had been all this time. I took a shower in the bathroom and... By the time I came out, she was gone. The animals were anxious and clingy when they saw me. I couldn't have been in there for longer than 10 minutes..." His large eyes centered back onto the front of Fear's shirt, a little disappointed in himself for not having more information. "Marvin helped me search the house...the neighborhood... I called you when I was absolutely sure that...we just couldn't find her. That's all I remember."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:09 am

It's just Fear? Marvin, you cheeky little...

"You think that all this time...she's just been waiting for one of us to make a mistake so she can leave?"

"Well, wouldn't you think ssso?" The way Fear saw it, Livewire knew exactly what she was doing. Did she necessarily realize the consequences of her actions? Perhaps not, but ignorance was no excuse. "The femme isss sssmart - sssometimesss a little too sssmart, if you catch my drift," Fear rasped, one of his yellowed fingernails tapping against a metal temple. "Methinksss ssshe knew you would be easssier to give the ssslip, ssseeing how you are not asss alert asss I am." N-No offense to you of course, Kev, but it's just... well, a spade's a spade, no? He punched the alien's arm lightly, finding amusement somehow. Gotta look up, right? "And you better trussst my judgement. Who sssurvived Law Ssschool, you or me?"

Alas, not even a smattering of humour would brighten the atmosphere. Skyler had vanished not even two weeks ago and now Livewire had pulled a similar vanishing act. Why now of all times? Why not before, when she had been catatonic? Perhaps she had been stewing on this for a while... Either way, the femme's thought process can be dissected later. So many things can be dissected later.

As for Kev's recollection, it was fairly run-of-the-mill. There was nothing of use to be gleaned from the alien retracing his steps, leaving Fear back to square one. But there was something he could use, maybe... "Ah well..." the fiend sighed. "Can't blame a massss-murdering undead for trying. I imagine thisss hasss left you ssstricken with the collywobblesss. Why don't you sssit down and try to relax, Kev? Being thisss wound up won't do any good, and I need a clear mind to focussss. Marvin, can you be a dear and fassshion Kev a nice, warm cuppa?" A leathery hand gently, but firmly, urged Kev to sit down. "Go on," he rasped. "Ssstay here while I conduct an invessstigation upssstairsss. I'll let you know if I manage to dissscover anything." Might be something, might be nothing; whatever clue remained on the second story, Fear was determined to find it. "I will return ssshortly." And off he went, calmly heading up the stairs with his typical rigid gait. Rigour mortis was killer on the joints, blimey!

It was... quiet up here - more so than usual.

No happy pattering of animal feet, no rustling of the covers, and no soft whirring of an elaborate cooling system filtering out dust particles. It was just... quiet. He disregarded the silence and focused. Livewire left when Kev was in the shower... How did she manage to sneak past the alien and not rouse the animals? A question that beget only more questions, and soon Fear found himself at the origin of all this mess: Livewire's bedroom.

Books, various pictures of cat breeds, knitting utensils, yarn, and whatever else the femme fancied... No, nothing seemed out of place or suspect. The room appeared like a child's usual living space, cheery and colourful. He crossed an arm over his abdomen and propped up his chin with the other, towering in the room's center as he thought, and thought, and thought. No sign of a break in, no sign of a struggle... She must have left of her own volition. ...But why? A bony foot started to anxiously tap. Livewire wouldn't have disappeared - that was unthinkable and against her character. She was hurt, yes. But the femme didn't go back on her word.

...Not usually, anyway.

"She was laying in bed, like she had been all this time."

In bed, in bed, in...

Ghostly eyes noted disheveled blankets and sheets. Well, he had done odder things throughout his existence... And if it meant finding the femme and putting an end to this madness, then so be it.

Fear pulled back the cover's of Livewire's bed and inwardly curled upon the mattress, the ghoul much too large for something much too small, and cozily tucked himself in. Christ, this was an awkward sight... Hope she didn't mind if her bed smelled a little rotten when she returned. Oh well... He closed his eyes, all pairs of them, and lulled himself into a deep... relaxing...

Slumber.

It was time to experience the last of Livewire's waking thoughts and dreams.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 am

"Well, wouldn't you think ssso?"

"I...I wouldn't want to think she'd do that..." Came the naive rebuttal. When Kev had once expressed his thought that Livewire may one day leave them, the femme vehemently denied that it could ever happen. The only circumstances he had seen that would make her leave, involved the loss of everybody aside from Kev and Fear. Skyler was...important to Livewire. The cyborg had been like a sister to her, lasting from her first year on the Breach to now. Kev had known the yellow femme for just as long, but their closeness was more recent. Those doubts had melted the day they found Livewire. It was as if he had been proven wrong. Skyler had left, yet Livewire stayed. The Cybertronian that stayed was broken but... She stayed all the same, just as she insisted she would. Kev and Fear were patient creatures, willing to wait and stay with Livewire, keep her healthy and well as she coped with this more recent trauma.

To think she'd leave them now...nearly two weeks after Skyler...? It seems their bumblebee was just as patient as they were. Enough to watch, calculate their routines, and deduce when the best time to slip out of the house would be. "R-right...slipping past you would be nearly impossible." He admitted, almost ashamed in himself. Fear had supernatural strength, he had shadow powers and incredibly strong psychic powers. As a couple minutes ago had proven, he could be fast when he wanted to be as well. Compared to that, Kev was the weakest link in a chain. Manage to slip past him, and you'd get far enough away to get a good lead. The punch jostled him lightly, Kev chuckling back lightly as he moved into Fear's side, nudging the ghoul with the brunt of his shoulder. "You survived Law School, but I survived training too!" Maybe not...as much training, but still a damn good amount of it!

A shame he had no more details to give... If there was anything, anything at all that he could give, it definitely wasn't coming to the surface of his thoughts. He may as well be plodding knee-deep through a marsh. This had all been so unexpected. The humor did help, but only for a moment as Fear had to get to work. He had to concentrate, and Kev's anxiety wasn't going to be very helpful. Today's prescription was remaining seated and consuming a warm cuppa. Nodding to Fear, Marvin silently obeyed. Mechanical footsteps creaked their way into the kitchen as the sound of tea making filled the air, particularly running water. As the leathery limb lightly guided him back to the steps, Kev settled back into place. This time, he did not curl up into a ball. "Yes sir..." Reaching up to grab Fear's large palm between his own small ones, he gave him a reassuring squeeze. "Good luck."

Releasing Fear's hand, the ghoul ascended the stairs stiffly. Soon, he had disappeared to the second floor, and Kev could feel him approached the bedroom Livewire once shared with Skyler. Deciding to give Fear his space, his gaze turned down to the wooden floors of the foyer. Marvin continued to make tea in the kitchen, which left the scaly alien alone on the first step. The house had been quiet for the past week or so, but now...? The stillness was sweltering. Livewire's absence, almost deafening.

Gone gone gone gone gone she was gone

Kev inhaled sharply, eyes crinkling around the corners as he glared at nothing in particular. No. There was going to be no panicking. Kev would not act like a blasted chicken who just realized his head had been hacked off. He took in several long, slow inhales as he placed his trust and faith into the former Judge and his abilities. This search would be more fruitful than the last one. Kev's own abilities had allowed Fear the power to communicate with robotic creatures. To have no faith in Fear would be to have none in himself, or in Livewire. Their bumblebee was still on this Gamma, and Fear would find her. He was sure of it. Huffing a small breath of air, the alien patiently waited.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:36 am

Maybe it was a curse.

Maybe it could be blamed on magic, on some fairy he accidentally stepped on when he was young. It had to be when he was young, right?  Maybe something had decided that he had wasted those first two months of his existence, hiding in an alleyway amidst inner New Detroit as soon as he realized that he could move. Was he supposed to explore?  Was he supposed to be curious?  Maybe his early timid nature had angered whatever force was responsible for creating him.  Maybe that force had decided that a punishment would teach him to not get attached to something like he had grown attached to those three dirty brick walls.

Maybe it wasn't a curse.

Maybe it was just him.

The mind of a child was a funny, funny thing...

As Fear laid there, his conscious thought relieved of its fetid shell, the superfiend felt everything. Her sorrow... Her self-loathing... Her terror... Everything that made Livewire what she was, what she is, and what she will become... The world slipped into darkness and simply... ebbed away.

Black.

Everything in this room was a horrid, unfathomable black.

It coated the walls, it saturated the floor, it covered her most prized possessions... This was the true colour of fear. When the ghoul next opened his weary eyes, he did not awaken to find himself curled awkwardly on the femme's bed, nor did he pay the demons in the shadows much mind. Fear quietly held up a hand and banished their low, seductive whispers into the hellish pits of paranoia and misery. He awoke to find himself standing in a corner, the furthest from the bedroom door to the left. This was the place of a spectator - of a soul betwixt two very different, very intimate worlds. A soft gleam of blue stirred in this otherwise dreary, colourless void; a petite body struggling to resist the sweet nothings of depression.

This pale dying light belonged to none other than Livewire; her soul had seen far, far better days. It was she who roused from the bed, not the ghoul, and it was she who quietly stood upright, as deliberate as thief in the night. She sneaked into the hallway and made barely a sound, her eyes listless but her mind active. Something burned in her hand. What was she up to...

A dull noise sounded in the distance, though Fear paid it little mind. He needn't be concerned with the soft hues of green and pinkish-grey that emanated from the master bedroom. His focus lied forward, to the femme who so brazenly tiptoed down the stairs and paused before the front door. The superfiend trailed behind ever so silently, observing Livewire's mannerisms, no matter how slight, with sharp intensity. This had been planned, he realized. This had been planned all along. Livewire was a smart girl, and she could be very clever. She had waited for a single moment, a tiny crack in their vigilance, before making her move. And she had done it while on Kev's watch, not his. A pang of red coloured his vision, Fear's concentration threatened. To take advantage of Kev's needs and compassion... To save them from this warped belief that they were in pain. Ancient joints loudly cracked as the fiend balled his gangrenous hands into fists.

But anger wasn't the answer. As much as he disapproved of Livewire's deception and apparent inconsideration for their feelings, most of all Kev's, the ghoul could nevertheless piece together her thinking. For whatever reason the child believed, she felt that it was within their best interests to runaway. Not disappear, but runaway. A small relief in an otherwise frustrating matter. The complications were only about to worsen.  

Livewire suddenly just... disappeared.

In the blink of an eye she was gone, seemingly effaced from even the likes of Fear's third eye. W-What... What had just happened? Where did she go?

Here is where the ghoul's previous anger dissipated in a cloud of smoke, instantly replaced with dread. How... He hastily approached where the femme had stood and blindly felt around, hands futilely searching through the air. Nothing. There was... there was nothing. Had this been a trick? Or, perhaps, a technique? No... No, that couldn't be right. Livewire hadn't a single psychic ability in her metal frame. This had to be the work of an outside presence, but what? Who? He hadn't detected a foreign entity this entire -

The amulet.

It all made sense.

The amulet was what she had been fiddling with. The amulet was what she had used to escape his vision. That's how she managed to leave unnoticed and without a trace! She knew... She knew that Fear would have been able to catch her within the hour, and she knew that Kev would have never hidden it well. After all, why would he have reason to? Livewire played them both like fiddles... The icy talons of betrayal crept up his spine, but he shoved the sensation down. Not now, not now! Livewire may have outfoxed her guardians this morning, but it was only a matter of time before the repercussions caught up with her. It was only a matter of time before Fear caught up with her, and no one outran Fear for very long.

The dream melted into oblivion and soon colour returned to the world, though the ghoul hardly waited for his consciousness to register his return to the mortal plane. With an anxious start, he leaped out of Livewire's bed at once and hurried downstairs to relay his findings.

"Well, I have good newsss and I have bad newsss," the ghoul hissed. "What would you like to hear firsssst?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Though Marvin had never exactly received tea instruction from Fear, he'd seen the ghoul and Kev make tea enough to have the steps memorized. The tea tray was not quite as sophisticated as Fear's might have been, there was a distinct lack of sliced fruits and biscuits. A little bowl of sugar, a bottle of honey, and cream was still added though. Using the standard set, Marvin set down two matching cups to join the pot, whose spout was releasing steam. The robot carried the tray into the dining room, placing it down on the dark wooden table to sit. Pouring very gently, he set Kev's tea up. A scoop of sugar, a generous squirt of honey... The spoon clicked against the sides of the cup as he stirred it all together to make for a nice chocolate brown beverage.

Insistent to not have Kev drink his tea on the stairs like a vagrant, the robot helpfully guided Kev to sit in the dining room instead. The way Marvin did it, moving slow and careful, almost made the alien feel like an invalid. But from the way the robot's fingers jittered against Kev's elbow, optics glancing about worriedly, he knew that the android was only trying to help. He was as helpless as the two of them were. With a small thanks to Marvin, Kev sat himself down and focused all attention on the cup on front of him. Primarily on stirring it to help let it cool, as the two sat there in silence for a few moments.

Not for too long though, as a brief clatter of noise upstairs seemed to announce the return of Fear. The ghoul hurried down in a flash, both beings locking up in place as he came stumbling into the doorway. "Good and bad...?" That... Well, the scaly alien really couldn't put a word to how that sounded. Not necessarily good, or bad. Sparing a small glance at his tea, Kev was tempted to ask for a little bit of vodka... Ah, but not yet. If at all this month. A finger circled the rim as Kev looked back to Fear, with undivided attention. "I'll take the bad news first." Might as well get it over with. Like ripping off a bandage.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:48 pm

The bad news, huh? Gotta hand it to Kev sometimes... He really was a masochist. Fear tipped his helmet a little and came over, having a seat across the alien at the dining table. "Alright, bad newsss," he rasped, addressing the elephant in the room. "Bad newsss isss, ssshe ran away and ssshe did it becaussse ssshe wasss afraid we'd disssappear too. Livewire sssomehow found the amulet Misssss Kitty made - you know the one I am referring to - and, well... ssslipped it on. That'sss why I cannot locate her." Pretty digestible information, right? Time for the good news. "Good newsss! Right! Good... newsss." Aaaand here came the awkward pause as Fear tried to think of something 'good'. To be perfectly honest with the alien, there wasn't anything 'good' about Livewire skipping off and making complete fools of her guardians. ...Do they make paddles strong enough for cyberwhat'sit derrieres?

Oh right, Kev was still waiting for the good news.

"Er... The good newsss isss," Fear continued, getting back on track, "isss that Livewire ran away. Now, I know what you're thinking: how isss thisss in any way good? It'sss not, but!" The ghoul raised a finger. "It alssso meansss that ssshe hasss not disssappeared like her sssissster. If I had to chance a guesssss, Livewire ran off sssomewhere and isss probably curled up in a dark, lonely hole. Like a cat, really." Ironic, that.

His attention was momentarily captivated by the piping-hot tea on the table. "Oooh, all thisss ssstresss hasss me fancying a cuppa. Thank you, Marvin." Finally, something for the jumpy nerves in his hands to fiddle with.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm

Fear joined them at the table, the alien crossing one leg over the other as he stared across the way. He took a deep, steadying breath. Come on Kev, you can deal with some bad news. The ghoul began...and though the news wasn't good, it was also familiar. So Livewire had run away after all, and it was because she was scared that Fear and Kev would leave. Disheartening to hear it confirmed, but... The news wasn't a bombshell. Kev almost relaxed--

"Livewire sssomehow found the amulet Misssss Kitty made - you know the one I am referring to - and, well... ssslipped it on. That'sss why I cannot locate her."

"...What?" His slim fingers tensed around his tea cup, as if caging the beverage within his hands. "You can't...and she..." Kev's shoulders hitched up, head retreating backwards like a turtle. Livewire went into his bedroom, managed to find the necklace she knew would block out telepathy, and... This wasn't just a frightened response, chosen in the heat of the moment. This was planned. She planned this! Livewire planned to run away, she planned to leave when Kev was on duty, she planned to take the necklace and keep them from finding her with psychic powers...! There wasn't a single cohesive emotion at this news, merely a mixture of many. The alien's pupils narrowed into slits as his stare at Fear seemed to intensify.

"What's the good news?" Kev didn't quite hiss when he asked, but he was definitely close to hissing and spitting like an angry cat. The tension in the air merely lingered in the quiet, before Fear elaborated. He explained that the good news was...that Livewire ran away. The alien squinted, but kept quiet, allowing Fear a chance to explain. Running away wasn't necessarily good, but it did mean that for all of the planning that went into this... For all of Livewire's plotting, the end result was not supposed to be Fear and Kev all alone while Livewire sat in another Gamma. The femme was still here. The world was large, but not quite that large. With effort...they would find her.

Sigh... Kev set his elbows down upon the table top, both hands massaging his temples. Fingers rubbed tense muscles, sliding smoothly over scales. Soon, the intensity Kev had carried ebbed away, no longer quite so incensed. Yet...still not happy. His fingers dragged down his face, briefly cupping his own chin before plopping uselessly upon the table. "Mmm... I'm sorry, Fear. I should have hid the pendant better...should have kept my eyes on her." Irritation thrummed in his chest, both at himself and the situation. "At least...things are not hopeless." Livewire was somewhere still in this Gamma, and that was a blessing in and of itself.

"You're welcome." Came the semi-awkward response. Marvin stepped up from his seat, pouring a cup of tea and sliding it over to sit in front of Fear. "I'm...not sure how I can help, but... I will try to help however I can."

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:41 pm

No, can't say Kev was incredibly thrilled after having connected all the dots. The guilt, the cold pangs of dread, the betrayal... It just wasn't right to see him so distressed. Surely, the alien deserved better than to be treated so cruelly! Never once had Kev demanded rent or compensation for housing the girls, nor were his expectations draconian. At most he asked for the girls to keep their room tidy, to mind their chores, and be overall respectable young ladies. If there was something they needed desperately, anything at all, Kev would never let them down so long as their requests were reasonable and within his power. He would have gone above and beyond for the girls, he really would have...

Fear never considered himself to be a wrathful man, but the righteous fire in his lifeless breast could stand this injustice no longer. He politely thanked Marvin for the cup of tea and gripped its delicate handle unshakably. "Mm..." Irate didn't even begin to cover it.

"It isss not your fault," he reiterated. Whereas a moment ago Fear wished to enjoy his drink and soothe his anxieties, personal or shared, now his temper denied him this simple luxury. "You did everything to the bessst of your natural ability. How were you sssupposssed to know that Livewire would have gone and pulled a ssstunt like thisss?" Clever girl, but there came a time where the crafty succumbed to the perils of arrogance. And when that time came, 'when' and not 'if', they would find a patient hangman all too eager to damn them to their fates. It seemed Livewire was on the twilight of hers. "Ssshe knew better, ssshe did. When we find her and make certain ssshe isss alright, I have every intention of giving the lasssss a thorough ssscolding." To make Kev, of all people, suffer through this... And for what, a perverted belief seen through the frantic eyes of a disturbed child? Fear was not a wrathful man, no. He wasn't even spiteful, or willing to drop the femme cold.

Nonetheless, Livewire was going to learn a lesson and she was going to learn it well.

He drained his cuppa in one thirsty sip and set the empty vessel onto its matching saucer. "I leave at nightfall," the ghoul stated, eyeing both the alien and robot respectively. Fear wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer. "Livewire'sss a ssstrong lasssss, even if misssing a few nutsss and boltsss currently. That metal chassssisssss of hersss can take a beating. Ssshe'll be alright until then." Unless the femme purposefully went looking for a mean scrap with an acid-spitting monster or dove straight into the ocean, Livewire was a lot tougher than she looked. Bloody hell, the girl could damn near flatten a lorry if she put her weight to it. There was also the bit about those energy blades; the ones that could slice a fellow in half with relative ease.

"I'm...not sure how I can help, but... I will try to help however I can."

"Thank you, Marvin. Pleassse keep Kev company while I am away. I trussst you will make sssound judgementsss." Fear hated to leave the alien in such a state, he really did, but there was simply no other alternative given to them. Livewire was indeed their charge, and as much as she had burned them both and acted rashly... she was after all dear. Hopefully the femme hadn't gotten into something well over her head...

Well, no point in worrying about 'what-ifs' and 'maybes' - that's how ulcers formed.

The fiend stood from his seat and once again expressed gratitude at Marvin for the tea. "Thanksss for the cuppa, but I do believe it isss time Kev headed upssstairsss and sssettled down." All this stress wasn't good for him - wasn't good for any of them - and soon Fear towered beside the alien, a monstrous hand resting upon Kev's shoulder. "Come on," he gently urged. "Let'sss go and read sssome more of that book we've been meaning to finisssh. Sssilverleaf, wasss it? Yesss, Sssilverleaf. I reckon you'll be ready for a nap right after." God knows the ghoul was, and he couldn't even sleep!
    Nessa
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Nessa on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Date: ^^^
    Time: 10:05AM

The world was a blur.

Her bare feet make naught a sound as her and a very choice few of her Mischief follow close behind, swarming between stepping feet in the morning. The hustle and bustle will always welcome the unseen hand, but right now was not the time. Her feet grow hotter and hotter as she pushes her aura to its limits as she makes her rapid approach to the green alien's house. Memories of rats of the area flood into her mind. Take a left. His shop is there, turn right, up these stairs...

Mother's thoughts race, any idea that Livewire just might be okay slowly ebbing down to near panic. Her face shows naught of these emotions. But her mind? Not so much. She isn't quite sure how, but her knees lock, and suddenly she is there. Beautiful flowers flutter at the porch eve, and Carnwennan safely back in its sheath. The cloak of her obfuscation dissipates and she steps forward.

Well, this will be fun to explain.

She undoes her scarf, taking very deliberate and slow steps. Her shell of a mortal frame so very weary from the overuse of magick. Her aura is nothing but a thin film over her skin now. Good thing she loves that little femme so much. She'd hardly do this for half the people she's known. Okay that may be a bit overzealous. Nine-tenths at least would see her spite and apathy, but no, not Mausi. She deserves her love.

She deserves nothing but love.

The slender and small woman's hand comes up to the door and she knocks thrice. Her skin is paler than normal. Hopefully Mom and Dad have some answers.

"Fear? Kev? Dears are you awake?" The last of her words break a bit. A combination of worry and just-ran-multiple-miles-in-two-minutes.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:49 am

Realization was...not always fun. Realizing that he had been duped, that his trust had been violated? Someone he loved like a daughter...had used him to escape? It made his heart sink and his blood curdle at the same time. Ten days of watching, of caring for her. They found her and brought her back, they looked after her, let the animals in to see her. They kept her decently fed, had a Doctor keeping track of her health. All of it, they had done for her and they did it without question. Without asking for anything in return, Kev and Fear had stubbornly remained in her life as patient stability. And now...after all this time...? When Livewire overcame her shock, it was to take advantage and leave. To shatter that stability.

She left with the 'intent' to save them but even that threatened to make Kev's scales bristle. This realization was why, when Fear reassured that it was not his fault, the alien did not fight him on it. No... It wasn't his fault, was it? Not as though he had been negligent. They had both done the very best they could. For Livewire, they resolved not to stop trying. She had taken the situation out of their hands, effectively keeping them from trying. Why...? "How were either of us to know?" Kev sighed, dipping three fingers into his tea to absorb the drink. He made little circles and waves in the tea, eyes staring holes through the wood as Fear continued. A scolding, yes... They would make sure she never did this again. The femme was going through a lot, her mind probably not in the right state... Livewire usually wouldn't do something like this. They would make sure she never tried it again. "Okay..." The response was subdued. It felt as if any sense of direction had been claimed from him, leaving the alien blind. Where does one go from here?

Eyes lifted off of the table, in response to Fear's movement and to his announcement. Nightfall...? That was a very long time but... Livewire had pretty much bound their wrists. Fear could not use his shadow powers to his full potential, not with the sun blazing in the sky. Finding Livewire's mind would be impossible with the pendant. If Fear went out now...? He'd only exhaust himself. Wrists bound and eyes blinded, Livewire had definitely rigged this situation into her favor. Hopefully she would be safe... As the ghoul had posited, Livewire wasn't easy to kill. She was metal, she was strong and sturdy. She could hold her own for a few hours. Kev felt some amount of worry for what she may or may not do in her state of mind, but those worries squirmed in the back of his skull. Everything else felt rather empty. "Yes sir." He trusted his partner's judgement. If he thought Livewire would be alright, Kev believed him.

Marvin's head cocked to the side like an intrigued bird. At his offer of assistance, Fear insisted that Marvin keep Kev company, and not let him be alone. He'd almost expected the former judge to utilize him in the search, but instead... He thought of Kev. The robot glanced to the alien, who looked worlds away. Eyes downward, body languid... Marvin turned back to Fear and gave him a steady nod. "You're welcome. I will take good care of him." It was, after all, why he was created. It was rather...nice, to know that Fear trusted him to take care of Kev. The corpse rose from the table, and Marvin offered a nod to show he understood. He could understand most social cues, and this one meant they wanted to be alone.

Noise had become garbled and faded, the alien not quite paying attention. He was thinking about a lemonade stand. A sunny day, with cardboard stands and a small table. Several pitchers of lemonade, condensation rolling off like beads of sweat. Skyler had made it, to make money for Livewire. The femme had taken to sleeping under overpasses, not quite having a home or family yet. Kev had wanted to help them, and if he had lips he'd pucker from the taste of way too many glasses of lemonade. Kev didn't need so many but, it was for Livewire. And Skyler. It was for them. Smiling faces, laughter... Skyler had appreciated his help. Kev had been happy... Happy to oblige, happy to make their day. So happy to see them.

"We're lucky to have you. A-and we always will, ok?"

Ha...

"Come on,"

"..." Between the voice, and the feeling of a large hand on his body, Fear had successfully jostled Kev from his stupor. The alien blinked like a tired chameleon, shaking his head lightly to dispel the fogginess. "Silverleaf..." Right, yes. Silverleaf. Kev rose from the table, both hands curling around Fear's waist. In the back of his mind, he felt rather clingy, but... He squeezed, and held close to Fear as if he were a cane. In a way...perhaps he was. "I reckon I will be, too." He almost whispered. With a wave to Marvin, the two left the kitchen behind and ascended the stairs. If he could just have this one thing... He'd feel infinitely better.

Once they reached the bedroom, Kev had shed off his pants in lieu of his favorite pajama pants. They were more comfortable in bed. The shirt would be alright, and so the alien had slithered his way inside of the comforter. Fear found their book and they huddled close together. For the first time in nearly an hour, Kev was beginning to relax. Really relax. Tension seeped out, replaced by comfort and a lull. Kev was comfortable in the cranny of Fear's arm, eyes grazing over the words on the pages as they read. They had just finished their third page of this session before--

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Fear? Kev? Dears are you awake?"

Kev jolted, blinking as he craned his head to the side. Sounded like a woman... Sounded like... "Nessa?" She was a woman who was very close to Livewire. Perhaps Nessa had noticed Livewire's absence? The scaly alien sighed softly, glancing up at his guypal. "She probably just wants to know where Livewire's been..." Well, now it wouldn't be enough to inform Nessa that Livewire was...'under the weather'. Should they inform her that Livewire had run away? Kev sighed, rubbing a temple as he slithered out of Fear's grip and peeled the comforter off. Swinging his legs over, he was already out of bed and slipping on his slippers. "I can tell her, if you'd prefer to stay up here and relax." Kev offered.

Last edited by Kev on Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:45 am

What does it take to get a little R&R around this joint, huh!?

No sooner had Fear sat his carcass down and just got situated beneath the covers, book in his overgrown hands and Kev all cozied up against him, someone decided to stop by for a visit. It didn't take a rocket scientist to discover whose overwhelming anxiety and fatigue this belonged to. Here's a hint: she was going to knock in three... two...

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Fear? Kev? Dears are you awake?"

It nearly took all of the ghoul's willpower to refrain from throwing their book against an adjacent wall out of frustration. "Goddamn it, now what!?" he hissed angrily. They finally get a chance to relax together, trying to ride out the morning's stress, and then Nessa, of all people, makes a surprise appearance? Well, perhaps not a surprise... Fear had sensed her approaching long before she arrived in the flesh. Still! It was just bloody inconvenient. He slammed Silverleaf closed with a curt snort and rigidly rose out of bed. "No, no. I'll handle thisss," the fiend insisted. Kev was tired, Kev was mentally exhausted. There was no reason for the alien to entertain the Rat Queen beyond acknowledging her existence, not today. The same hand that had earlier urged Kev to sit and make himself comfortable now guided him back toward the bed. "You lay back down and let me... eh, I don't know, sssee what thisss isss about." Ten-to-one said it was about the femme. Sigh... wonderful. Fear's patience was starting to fray around its edges, he could tell.

There was no point in going back downstairs at the moment, not with his stiff bones, so the ghoul did the next best thing. He walked out the room and opened the window in Livewire's, leeeeeaning precariously out of it with his beanstalk frame. Fear may not readily see Nessa and her tangled rat's nest, but you'd have to be downright stupid to miss an aromatic aura like that. There was also the peculiar nature of her dagger...

"Oi!" Fear heckled from above, his voice booming. "We've found Jesssusss, we know who we're voting for, and we don't want any candy. No sssolicitorsss!" He glanced behind a bony shoulder and chuckled, indicating to the alien standing behind him that he knew very well of just how surly he was being. Interrupt their reading time, will she? That should be a crime. and the punishment...! Well, need the thought be finished? Hardened fingernails dug into the paint as the superfiend readjusted his balance, toes deep in carpet. Christ, this iron paperweight of a helmet was more troublesome than it was worth. "...Are you ssstill here? Hmph, alright, I'll bite," he grumbled, humouring the woman. "What do you want? If thisss isss about the lassss, ssshe'sss gotten it into her head to run away. Bollocksss if I know where... Probably to faff about in the wildernesssss or sssome barren, desssolate landssscape." Children were very good at that.
    Nessa
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 30

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    350/350  (350/350)
    Stamina Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)

Post by Nessa on Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:07 pm

There was a small moment where she thought a normal greeting would have happened, and then she remembered very quickly that Fear lives here. Her oversensitive hearing definitely picked up on the disgruntled nature of the ghoul and Nessa braced herself mentally. Be ready for the drama, Piper, here it comes. Right about...

And there he is, hanging out the window like some maniac. Well if that's not a "Welcome to our humble abode!" then she doesn't know what a welcome is! "Jesus was a nice guy, he had the BEST pot ever, just so you know!" Her own voice paling in comparison to the bucket-head's, but still shrill enough to carry her tone. She purses he lips slightly, in worry still, and puts both hands on her hips. Rats now adorning the area and trying their best not to let their curious and scavenging nature get the best of them. This is a new house and Nessa likes these people, children. Don't go knocking over planters and finding dead things. And then the next bit of information gave her all but exactly what she wanted to hear.

"Oh so she ran off? Damn it Mausi. Well. I know where she is, I've got a bug on her. Mind telling what may have caused this insanity?" The Piper shifts her weight onto her right hip, crossing her arms and tapping her foot. She still has faith in Livewire when it comes to fending for herself, but knowing Fear the small amount she does... Why isn't the ghoul already scooped her up and given her the verbal lashing of the femme's life?

She sighs, maybe they already have a plan. Her eyes roll to the heavens.

A rat sniffs at a plant, and Nessa's red gaze snaps to him, the rat scurries away and hides behind something big. Maybe a skyscraper.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:10 am