Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Looking for a Kitty

Post by Shaiamils on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:02 pm

DATE: FEBRUARY 29TH, 2016
    TIME: APPROX. 5:30 PM

Finally Shaiamils had finished all of his shopping. He had hopped from pet store to pet store looking for all the right supplies: Supplies for a cat. The doctor's haul included food, cat treats, catnip, food and water dishes, a litter box, a cat carrier, a cat condo for the second floor hallway, a scratching post and cat bed for the bottom floor, and an assortment of toys. He was confident that a setup like he had right now was enough to make any cat happy. There was but one concern, though, and that was his fish tank. A quick inspection, however, revealed it to be cat-proof. Sure, a cat might stare at the fish and even attempt to sit on top of the tank, but there was no way for a cat to actually get into it. This could make for some great entertainment for the cat with no worries for the feathered alien.

Shaiamils recalled what Kev had suggested prior, that Fear had a bunch of cats that he could summon for him to look at. The the avian, this was a great idea. Hopefully the ghoul was home right now, and hopefully he wouldn't mind doing this for him. The doctor walked up the stairs and knocked on the door, awaiting an answer.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Looking for a Kitty

Post by Fear on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:58 am

Contrary to public belief and his naysayers, Fear wasn't out and about purging sinners. It was of course absolutely tempting (and a little therapeutic), but the ghoul was currently home and enjoying himself with a good book, seated in the living room when a certain doctor thought to pay a visit. Only a lazy dog would have ignored the loud knocking on the door - Percy - and suddenly the house became consumed by barks and howls. Seemed the doctor had inadvertently riled the hornet's nest... "Metusss, Biddy, Ossscar, Penny, Cujo, Butch! You know better than to ssstart at every little thing," boomed a familiar voice. The thunderous noise quelled immediately, followed by the gentle slapping of bare heels against hardwood and tile.

Click!

Shai didn't have to wait long for a pair of eerie otherworldly peepers to stare down at him. "Oh, Bird-man. Kev sssaid you might be coming," rasped an expectant Fear. It was rather hard ignoring the doctor's buzzing thoughts and anxieties. "I take it you are here about finding a cat of your own?" A humanoid bird-alien wanting a feline of his own... Irony must be tired of being spat in the face.
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Shaiamils on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:36 pm

As soon as Shaiamils knocked on the front door, the inside of the house erupted into a loud chorus of barking and howling. It was almost enough to startle the avian doctor. Just how many dogs did Fear and Kev have in there anyways? It wasn't long before a familiar booming voice called out to the dogs, silencing them. Six. The feathery alien counted six names. That had to mean that there were at least six dogs inside.

Click!

And there the ghoul was, staring down at him. It would seem that he already knew what Shaiamils was there for. Apparently Kev had informed him prior that the doctor might be coming over to look for a cat.

"Yes, that's what I'm here for. You don't mind showing me to the cats, do you?"
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:15 pm

Fear openly snorted, "And what am I, a cat whisssperer?" Oi... It seems enjoying a little downtime off the books was giving people ideas. "Alright, alright. Come in, mind your feet, and I'll take you to the catsss," he hissed. A gangrenous mitt beckoned the avian doctor inside, followed by a storm of drooling pants and whines.

Dogs.

Dogs everywhere. Oh, and a single tortoiseshell cat resting upon a sunny windowsill, cleaning herself ever so casually.

There were canines of every shape and size, from the tiny little Miniature Pinscher to the great and powerful black Great Dane standing faithfully by the ghoul's emaciated side. No matter the breed and temperament, all behaved as they should before Fear's midst. He snapped his fingers once and the dogs made way for Shai. They were like trained soldiers in a troop! "Darling poochesss, huh?" chuckled the fiend. "Go ahead and pet one, if you'd like. Don't be ssshy, Bird-man. None of them will bite. Not unlessss I command it, ha ha." Reassuring... And so was the unseen breeze that slammed the door shut behind the doctor, Fear's chuckling highly suspect. "Don't want to catch a cold, do we?" Wouldn't that just be dreadful? He turned his back to Shai and moseyed on along into the kitchen, rapping his grotesque fingernails against the bar's marble counter.

"Would you care for a fresssh cuppa before we get down to bussssinesssss?" the ghoul politely inquired. "We have black tea, green tea, variousss citrusss and herbal flavoursss... I am certain we have sssomething in thessse cabinetsss that will sssuit your tassstesss. Nothing like a good warm cup to bid winter'sss chill away." Not that Fear would know anything about temperature, but...
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Shaiamils on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:03 pm

The doctor shrugged.

"Hey, why else would Kev recommend that I come to you for this? Maybe you are some kind of cat whisperer?"

Shaiamils made entirely sure to wipe his feet off before entering the house. He was a guest, after all. He could only imagine how bad tracking dirt inside would make him look to Fear and Kev. Just as he had assumed from all the barking before, there were dogs as far as the eye could see. Other than the dogs, there was one token kitty cleaning itself in the windowsill. It did not seem to mind all the dogs everywhere, surprisingly. Immediately, he had to pet the gigantic great dane that stayed loyally by the retired judge's side.

"What's this one's name?" he asked. "And yes, a cup of tea sounds wonderful. Thank you! I don't care what kind."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Leave it to Kev, alright... Fear would have to make a fuss later. Right now he was too busy fixing them both a lovely cuppa! "That one?" the fiend glanced up, filling a kettle with water. "That'sss Metusss, a Great Dane. I found him a few yearsss back in an alley. He helped me murder a wannabe assssassssin, ha ha." Ahh, such great times. But fear not, doctor! Metus, though he looked like a brute and was covered in rippling muscle beneath his ebony coat, was in actuality a softhearted giant. He was perhaps the most gentle canine of the group and wouldn't hurt a fly. Not unless compelled by otherworldly means, of course.

True to his reputation, Metus was already butting his wet nose into Shai's hand and giving the doctor's claws a friendly lick.

"Ssso, what type of cat are you looking for?" The city was filled with all kinds of felines; big or small, long-haired or short-haired, black or white. The list was nearly endless! Soft rustling could be heard across the room as the helmeted fiend shook a blank metal tin. "Ah, sssplendid. There'sss jussst enough black tea left for the two of usss." What a treat!
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Shaiamils on Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:12 am

"Haha, Metus here? A killer?" Shaiamils smiled warmly as the gigantic dog seemed to lean into his hands as he scratched playfully behind his ears. "While he certainly looks the part, he's just a big teddy bear deep down. Isn't that right, boy? Huh? Isn't that right?"

It would seem that the doctor was easily distracted by the lovable dane. He had hardly noticed Fear asking about his preference of cat. At this point, it was almost like background noise.

"Oh, right! Well, I don't care if it's male or female. And I could care less what it looks like.. All I know is that I don't want a really old cat. I want one that's at least close to being a young adult. I also want it to be friendly, of course. I want one that'll sit in my lap, that'll sleep in the bed with me at night, that doesn't mind being held. Oh, and it would be nice if it was vocal as well. I think the sound of a cat's meow is one of the most precious things." The feathery alien thought for a moment, being sure that he had not forgotten any details. "Yeah, I think that just about covers it."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:24 pm

"While he certainly looks the part, he's just a big teddy bear deep down. Isn't that right, boy? Huh? Isn't that right?"

Metus responded with a deep, loud bark. "Woof!"

"Ha ha. He approvesss of your remark," the superfiend clarified. Now, then... what's all this hub-bub about wanting a specially tailored puss? As Fear stiffly maneuvered around the kitchen, placing the kettle down on the hob to boil, he couldn't help but wonder about the doctor's... er, preferences. The helmeted ghoul paused mid-reach, quietly eying the feathery alien over a bony shoulder. "...And, uh, jussst to clarify," he slowly hissed, "you want a cat, right?" Good heavens, it sounded more and more as if Bird-man wanted a dog! Alas, it was rude to stare and Fear got to fetching the tea tray, his emaciated back turned to the doctor. "Young adult, friendly, sssitsss on your lap, sssleepsss on your bed, doesssn't mind being held, vocal... Well, Bird-man, I have to hand it to you - you have sssomehow made adopting a cat challenging."

Cats, as most folks knew, were quite the independent and fickle creatures. That was part of their allure! Or, well, disagreeable character if you were not a cat lover. There weren't many felines that would comply with the doctor's wishes, through there was...

Several rapid - clik, clik, cliks! - crisply echoed throughout the room, and soon a flame blossomed underneath one of the stove's burners. "The tea ssshall be ready within five minutesss," Fear stated, setting the flame to medium. Mm, nothing like a hearty cuppa... Oh, yes! Bird-man's cat predicament. He pivoted back around to face the doctor and loomed there like a great big storm cloud, standing in place. In his hands was only the most dainty teapot. "Fortunately," Fear lifted up a skeletal finger, "I have a friend who can further asssisssst usss. In fact, he ssshould be here any - "

Skrtch, skrtch, skrtch!

Ah, such wonderful timing!

The superfiend momentarily excused himself and shambled to the front door, not bothering with the peephole. Wonder who it could be? Surely it was an animal expert or maybe even Livewire herself, but if the doctor thought that... Fear peeled the door back widely, sounding far more pleasant than he had been with Shaiamils.

"Hey, there you are, you little ruffian, you! Come in, come in. You are jussst in time for tea."

Who was this fellow, this... strange and fascinating person that even Fear himself greeted with such fondness? It certainly wasn't Kev, so... who? Well, doctor! Look no further, because as the ghoul stepped aside to let his 'guest' in, all your avian eyes saw was orange. That's right, orange. An orange face... An orange body... An orange tail... Why, this wasn't a person at all, but a - !

Suddenly, a great lump of fur came leaping onto the marble counter and sat beside you, a soothing and gentle thrum reaching your ears.

A cat.

Fear's guest, his apparent friend, was none other than a cat. And it was cheeky enough to stare at you with those great big amber eyes and lick its chops. Well, you do look like a big chicken dinner - a real fancy feast!

"Thisss, Bird-man, isss Tobermory," the ghoul introduced. He shambled back over after shutting the front door and returned to his spot behind the counter, one of his grotesque nails giving the feline a light scratch behind its neck. "Tobermory, thisss isss the man I had told you about; he'sss looking for a companion, and he hasss sssome rather, ha ha, lofty demandsss. Do you know of any sssuitable candidate for him?" Asking a cat for assistance... Oh what a world, what a world!

But, fret not!

Fret not, for Tobermory was a crafty tom, see. He lethargically shifted his gaze onto the towering corpse and simply went, "Mrow."

Fear took that as a good sign, seeing how the helmeted ghoul loudly clapped his gargantuan hands together. "Ah, sssplendid! He knowsss a pusssss or two that fit your ssspecificationsss. They might be a little hard to reach, however..." Cats, you know? They always operated on their time and seldom anyone else's.
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Shaiamils on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:27 pm

"Ahh, well.." Shaiamils scratched behind his head. He was probably blushing under all those feathers. "So I'm making this difficult? Well you did ask me what I was looking for, so I told you. It's really specific, I know. But I guess I could give some other cats a chance too if it boiled down to that."

The doctor tilted his head in curiosity at the apparent friend that Fear seemed to think could be of assistance. Who was this friend, exactly? Were they from an animal shelter? Or were they perhaps some crazy cat lady? Maybe it was just Livewire? But then the helmed ghoul opened the door for what could only be a cat. The orange feline took a seat right by the feathery alien, very intently regarding him.

"Tobermory, huh?" He chuckled lightly at the purring lump of fur before him, scratching softly behind its ears. "You seem trustworthy enough. Nice to meet you."

The sound of claws tapping on the floor could be heard as the avian tapped his feet. Other than the cat, he was heavily focused on the boiling tea. There was hardly a sound more satisfying to him than the whistle of a kettle. Indeed, he could feel the inside of his beak starting to water at the thought. As much as he wanted that tea, though, perhaps watching it so closely wasn't a very good idea? After all, they do say that a watched pot never boils.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:12 pm

"Nonsssenssse." Nothing was too difficult to the point where even Fear himself threw in the towel. Well, aside from bumbling around a certain futuristic city, of course. The corpse waved one of his ginormous hands. "Perisssh the thought, Bird-man. We will find your desssired cat if you are willing to wait."

Which is precisely where Tobermory came in. The ginger tabby, while nothing much to look at, knew the lay of the land quite well. There wasn't a street corner it wasn't familiar with, nor a friendly or hostile face. Now, to be of assistance in this matter; adoptions were a thing of importance, see. According to the smelly one, this rather tasty-looking fellow was in the market for a cat that was, essentially, an obedient lap-warmer. Two-legs and their silly desires for tamed companionship... This one was fortunately in luck - Tobermory knew of two homeless vagabonds fitting the description more or less to a 'T'. "Mrow." Or, in layman's terms...

Fear rigidly nodded and looked to the doctor. "Yesss, the candidatesss. There are two, asss I mentioned: one isss a male tom, long-haired and no older than five; the other isss a female, ssshort-haired and roughly two." Not an awfully big selection. Surely there were more details...? A little psychic nudge went a long way. Cats and their games. "Ah, and apparently the male is sssalt-and-pepper, while the female isss asss white asss sssnow," Fear hissed in addition. "They sssound to be quite - " "Mrow." "...Eh? Oh, and... I guessss the female hasss heterochromia. Fancy that." That was a thing in cats, apparently? Hell if the helmeted fiend knew; the hard sciences had never been his forte. Tea, however... Tea, he could manage, and Fear about-faced to better supervise the kettle. Ah, almost done boiling! Shouldn't be too much longer now. "Would you care for a cuppa asss well, Tobermory?"

The cat simply purred and went about loafing on the counter, eyes happily blinking. "Right, then. And a cuppa for Tobermory," Fear rasped to himself.

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:37 pm