Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Re: Party Time

Post by Shaiamils on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:39 pm

Oh, Kev. Oh, Fear. You two really did have a tendency for extremely impeccable timing. Sure, Shai could handle Kock Out, but Shai had just begun to swallow a rather large shrimp as the retired judge made a few select comments directed a the mech. Sounds of coughing and choking where heard from the doctor, but a few pounds on the chest quickly alleviated the issue. Once that was dealt with, only laughter could be heard. There were tears in his eyes!

"Oh, Oh-ho, Knock Out! I'm so sorry!" the feathery apologized between chuckles. "I just can't help myself! And quite frankly, Fear, you're leaving me with a few questions I'm not entirely sure I want answered. Oooh, damn!"

Shaiamils wiped the stray tears from his eyes before carefully massaging his throat. It never felt good to have food go down the wrong way. It always stung! Nothing a nice drink couldn't cure, though. Aahh, the miracles of a cold beverage!

"And judge fish, huh? Judges and convicts.. As interesting as that sounds, I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. I might have to look that up later."

"Blub, blub," went the fishies at their captive audience, with their beady eyes and gaping mouths.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:15 am

"And how about you jussst put a cock in it, huh?"

Wha-wha-WHAT?! The crimson mech visibly recoiled with only the most OFFENDED of gasps, both servoes drawn upon close to his chassis. Talons splayed out in front of himself, he sneered back at the former Judge, sneer only increasing with every word out of that iron block! "My mouth is certainly big enough, especially without this ring!" Realizing how that may sound, the metal bits of Knock Out's shoulders wiggled in indignation. "N-not that I'd even WANT that thing anywhere NEAR me!" A metal fingr jabbed itself in Fear's direction. "You are a disgusting organic, I'd sooner be keyed and graffiti-ed! And burned to a husk!" As if the very universe were out to get him, Shai had apparently chosen a bad time to get started on his own meal, as the sound of hacking sounded from the kitchen. Soon after, the coughing turned into laughter. "Don't tell me you actually thought that was funny!" Knock Out protested, aghast. Typical organic behavior, bring in those flapping mating parts and suddenly they all began to hoot and holler like chimps in a zoo. Peh...

Anyway, compliments for the place were in full force. The fish, of all things, definitely made for a conversation starter. Knock Out elected to stay out of that part of the discussion, if only because he had nothing to add. Fish sure were shiny, and wet. And apparently delicious. The idle chit chat did provide the best cover for Knock Out to slink to the bar, returning the scaly alien's greeting with a light roll of his optics. "Oh yes, it's positively smashing so far." Talk of fish, mating bits... Truly, the pinnacle of all party hilarity.

The little scaly one's reaction to being called a boytoy did provide some nice entertainment! The former medic gave Kev a smarmy grin and a shrug. The alien didn't exactly deny it, now did he? Made even better by Fear's lack of rejecting the idea! ...Right before the corpse began to get too close for comfort. Lips curled at the sight of such a ghastly, skinny little green limb curling against his body. Ugh, if it weren't for those sleeves... That dry, crusty green skin would be rubbing all over his paint! Oh, the smudges! The smudges! A shiver ran down Knock Out's spine at the mere thought. Bright optics narrowed upon the bag as Fear began to try out-hamming Knock out. The dorky ghoul was making a huge show out of how 'plain' and 'boring' this heartfelt gift was. Those optics measured every little operatic gesture, taking notes as he gave him a flat stare.

Ugh, Fear was having far too much fun with this. It was foolish to think the Judge would agree to the terms and it would be done. Nothing was ever so simple with these things. "Your concern is noted, but unnecessary." The mech intoned as he grasped the wrist of Fear's sleeve and physically removed his arm from Knock Out's presence. "Small though it may be, the fact that it is heartfelt makes it important enough. I don't care if it is a new pen or something, I'd rather have my name on it than by the only one who didn't bring anything. I made an honest mistake and..." Ugh, it really did suck to have to be coming to Fear about this. But the purse was obviously peeved at him, and he barely knew the ghost. Fear he knew most, even if their experiences weren't exactly the most friendly... "And you'd be doing me a huge favor." It wasn't quite begging, yet it still left the same taste in his mouth.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 33

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:40 am

While she continued looking things over and such Nyreena looked over to the bar where Shai's three other guests were at as she heard some part of the conversation and to be completely honest wasn't expecting for what was to come next. The moment Fear responded to Knock Out she was instantly floored and could only react by an expression of wide eyes full of shock and surprise. And Shai certainly had a big reaction as well since he had just eaten a big shrimp and almost choked on it. Quickly going over to him to make sure that he was okay but he was able to get his throat cleared and was starting to laugh at what was just said. Leaning her head to the side as she got a confused look on her face she agreed with Knock Out, "I think Knock Out's right on this. It didn't sound too funny to me."

Well, everything aside so far, the party was going great. Good food, good atmosphere (somewhat), and everything was really nice. Deciding to tell Shai what she brought along with her she looked back over to him and pulling out her stash of CDs from her bag Nyreena said, "Hey Shai, I wanted to let you know that I brought some CDs of mine in case you didn't have anything music-wise. You can look through and see what you like to play." To her she had a pretty good selection-some 80s rock, a couple of Broadway soundtracks (namely The Phantom of the Opera and CATS), and a few that were dance-themed. What do you think, Shai?
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:18 pm

Put a what in...oh my~! Green scales began to burn a bright emerald! Kev pulled his scarf up to hide it, a coy look in his eyes. "A crying shame, indeed. His mouth is too small, and I have no mouth at all!" The lean alien chimed in, snickering like a gremlin. Ah, how ironic for him... Poor Fear. He almost added a bit more, only stopping because of the sound of someone choking! He turned, and found it to be their host! "Swallow at the wrong time, did you?" Kev asked, tone impish before he tilted his head in a more sympathetic manner. "Are you alright?" Shai seemed to be, having found Fear's innuendo's to be amusing. He simply chose a bad time to start digging in, the poor bird. Predictably, Knock Out wasn't quite so amused. It was too bad the mech had no feathers, though his shoulders did a good job puffing up. So easy to rile up...! By now, Kev was used to the sight and he merely chuckled as Nyreena took Knock Out's side in her view on the joke. He winked, one arm looping around Fear's in an effeminate manner. "I'm with Shai, I thought it was funny. Maybe you just didn't understand the joke." Knock Out's refusal of the joke was due to that ego of his.

Now... What was this about Judge fish? Apparently to go along with the convict fish, and just imagining what a 'Judge' fish could look like made Kev shake his head in amusement. "I doubt you'll find anything, but let us know if you do!" Who knows? Maybe such fish existed... He blinked in light confusion, as Fear explained the likely reason behind Shai's choice of style. A bachelor pad...? Huh...so this is what a home looks like without the touch of a romantic partner? He'd never really had a bachelor pad...certainly nothing like this. Though, he had no need for one now, did he? Before any hand holding could occur as Kev wanted, there came a little block with a very fitting moniker. Oh, Kev'll show you smashing...

In stark contrast to Kev's indignation, Fear seemed to like the little nickname! Chuckling and urging said boytoy to not be so stiff "Pfft... Kevvy-kins shall try to limber up." Arms crossing over his chest, Kev had a front row seat to this little soap opera. Two hams were decking it out like a couple of wrestlers. 'Course, Kev already had his bets placed on who was going to win this one! Fear wasn't going to make this easy, and there was no way Kev was going to try to make the ghoul behave. "A huge favor? I dunnoooo..." Kev elongated the word skeptically, showing off his own bacony chops. Shrugging lightly, he directed his gaze to Fear's iron helm. "A huge favor sounds...huge. I think for something that big, you should get a bit more in return, right? What do you say?" After that comment, the Kryptonistanian wanted to watch Knock Out wriggle like a fish caught on a hook.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Do you hear that, Knock Out? That was the sound of a standing ovation.

It was a pity how Shai hadn't choked to death right then and there, but Fear supposed it just wasn't in his cards today. He'll have to settle for a flustered Cybertronian mech instead. Such a disappointment... "I'm afraid that if I were to anssswer them, dear doctor, you would need a pillow." As smooth as ice, this helmeted fiend was. Now, what's all this hot air about being keyed and covered in tacky graffiti? Fear regarded Knock Out's indignation with mild, if not bored, interest. "And are you ssstill talking? Goodnesssss, I jussst might have to ssstuff your mouth after all. Fortunately for everyone in the room, Bird-man hasss plenty of refressshmentsss to go around. Why don't you, I don't know... grab a handful? Oh wait - you can't, ha ha!"

"I think Knock Out's right on this. It didn't sound too funny to me."

Oh look, she speaks.

"Asss if you would have an opinion on anything." This was it. This was the very moment Fear had been pining for. Unlike Knock Out, whom the fiend regarded with an amicable sort of flamboyant rivalry, Fear held Nyreena in the absolute worst way possible: a selfish, insincere, and generally dull blemish in his existence. His remarks were nothing less of scathing. "If you have sssomething to sssay, either sssay it or quit wasssting everyone'sss time," Fear hissed, exasperated. "It isss bad enough I have to ssshare the sssame category of sssupernatural creature with your deplorable likenesssss." Honestly, the ghost-girl should have perished alongside her miserable excuse of a husband. Anyway...

He removed his ethereal gaze off of Nyreena and thought little more of her, instead amused by Kev's double entendre. "Ssshould have breathed firssst, ha ha." Seemed the house was evenly split on what whether or not the comment had been funny; though if Fear's opinion was asked for, he'd say Knock Out had one-and-a-half.

Huh...so this is what a home looks like without the touch of a romantic partner?

A good, if not simplistic, way of putting it.

In a manner of ssspeaking, Fear answered. After all, it wasn't Kev's aesthetic touch that could be trusted. Livewire usually had nice tastes, though.

"Small though it may be, the fact that it is heartfelt makes it important enough. I don't care if it is a new pen or something, I'd rather have my name on it than by the only one who didn't bring anything. I made an honest mistake and..."

Wait for it...

Wait for iiiiiiit...

"And you'd be doing me a huge favor."

Sinker.

Fear didn't need to hear anything else. "No, no. No, no," he rasped to Kev, lightly fanning his free hand. "I think we can afford to give Knock Out a token of our goodwill. Thisss isss, after all, a huge favour." And shouldn't such generous charity be equally rewarded? "I'll put your name on my housssewarming gift," the superfiend agreed, "and consssider thisss a mossst humble apology for how I behaved during our little excursssion out in the thornsss. Truly, I wasss too harsssh." You know what was red, possessed a hard shell, and tasted great while buttered? A lobster, but Knock Out was a very close second. "Kev, Bird-man, and dearessst, dearessst Knock Out," Fear addressed the gentlemen near him. "If you'll excussse me, I need to find a pen. Ssshouldn't take me too long. You three place nice, now. Ta-ta~!" And off the helmeted ghoul went, whistling as he moseyed leisurely away from the kitchen bar.
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Shaiamils on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:33 pm

Glug glug!

Shaiamils chugged the cold drink in his hand. Indeed, it was proving very helpful in soothing his now irritated throat. Aaah, margaritas.. You could never go wrong with them, could you? The doctor looked down at the green liquid in the glass. Indeed, you absolutely couldn't go wrong. He supposed that the coast was clear for now, and got back to his eating.

The feathery alien then looked to Nyreena, who had brought a few CDs along with her. She was wondering if he might like to play any of them. Shaiamils looked through the CDs, nodding approvingly at the selection. This was some very good music that she had on her. Still..

"Thanks for the offer," he began, "but I think I'm good for now. I more than alright just letting the radio handle things. Feel free to change the station, though, if you want to. I don't mind. Are you enjoying yourself, by the way?"

Briefly, the avian looked to the kitchenette, namely the fridge. Would it be a good time to bring them out? He deliberated for a moment before standing up, making his way to said fridge. He opened it up, pulling out a tray of cups with something jiggly and colorful inside.

"Surprise! Jello shots, everyone!" Shai proclaimed to the party, setting them out on the bar.
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:00 am

Tsk. Of course the bug-eyed lizard thought it was funny. He'd probably agree that the sun was about to fall on his scaly little head, if Fear told him as much. What a suck up! Why they thought to dog-pile on top of Knock Out, he didn't know. The mech was an innocent in this! He rolled his optics at insistence that the joke was funny, more content to let this wretched subject die than anything else. It was only natural that the undead man himself refused such. "You're one to talk! Because you yourself are still talking!" Like a regularly Gabby Gabe, this one!

"Why don't you, I don't know... grab a handful? Oh wait - you can't, ha ha!"

Right as Knock Out had been about to decline the offer, Fear beat him to the punch by pointing out how he'd be unable to ingest any of the refreshments Shaiamils had in his kitchen. Hardly amused, Knock Out's face plates curled in irritation. Irritation that ebbed as their conversation went on, only to return with a vengeance as Kev insisted on trying to needle the mech even more. Crimson optics narrowed dangerously at him, sneering at the reptile's tone. Something in return?! Like what, a lifetime of servitude? Getting on his knees? Thankfully, Fear wasn't quite so eager for anything extra in return. A huge favor indeed!

A smile found its way across his face plates now, dipping his helm in agreement. The corpse was singing a tune that Knock Out could very well dance to! Placing his servo over his chassis, his optics shuttered into a half lidded gaze as he grinned at Fear's agreement. "Thank you, Fear. Your apology is humbly accepted." Ah, sometimes the mech surprised even himself... But, you just gotta know which strings to pluck to get Fear to do what you want! Though the moniker of 'dearest' did earn the raise of a brow. "As if I play any other way." Off Fear went, apparently to get a pen.

Now quite satisfied to have gotten his way, the mech shuffled away from the bar and stood by the wall instead. He couldn't exactly lean on the wall like he might like to, being extremely heavy and all, so he stood with his arms crossed over his chassis and glanced around the room with a pleased look in his optic. Shai suddenly came, carrying a tray of little shots of some kind. The former medic raised a metallic brow, lifting his gaze lightly to get a good look at the contents. Colorful, jiggly...not glowing at all. Definitely not Energon. "I'll have to pass." The Cybertronian remarked in a dull tone.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:51 am

As Shai looked through the collection of music she brought and thanking her for the offer but said that he was good for now adding that he was more than alright letting the radio handle things and to feel free to change the station if she wanted to Nyreena nodded with a smile and said, "Alright. And sure, thanks." When he asked her if she was enjoying herself she nodded with a bit more enthusiasm and answered, "Oh yes, I am. You did such a wonderful job putting everything together and making this a really great party." After all she spoke nothing but the truth about this. Shai really did a great job and by how things were going it was turning out to be a really great party.

....Until Fear directed what he said at her and all Nyreena could look like was absolutely appalled, rather insulted, and really hurt. She had a right to have an opinion and she gave with honesty with what she thought about the comment. And wasting everyone's time? How in the Zone was she wasting everyone's time? Ever since coming back and trying be out more, working more, and repairing her friendships that she had hurt she had made it a goal to keep things on an even and neutral level with Fear, to not let what happened between them in the past get in the way of that and be happy for what Kev and him had between each other. Well, it was obvious now that he had a different opinion when he told her that he felt that it was bad enough that he had to share the same category with her "deplorable" likeness. Could he just not let things go? He served his "judgment" to her and to her former husband so why keep picking at the open wound to make it fester even more? Trying her best to keep herself from letting her anger get the best of her and ruin the mood of the party more than what it had been by Fear's words in the best calm voice she could muster she said in return, "Well, Fear, I'm not going either agree or disagree with you but I know that you're going to justify what I say with what you think is right and all it's going to lead to is a long-winded and unneeded argument. What I said was my opinion, I said it and it really doesn't matter to me what you think of it. If you think I'm just wasting everyone's time then that's your opinion to which I can either agree or disagree with but as I said I am doing neither. And whether you like or not we both fall into the same category so we're just going to have to live with it. Simple as that."

Having said her piece she dismissed that part of the conversation directed to her and watched as Shai returned from heading over to the fridge with a tray of jello shots that he had made, setting them on the bar. Deciding that it was time for a needed drink she approached the bar and took one for herself, not even worried or concerned about what Fear would say to her in return. Though there was one thing that was on her mind.

What Kev would do as he heard what Fear said to her and how he would handle it.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:08 am

A pillow? Oh Gods... Scales briefly heating up, the alien waved a hand with a muffled snort. It was rather nice to see Fear in his element like this! Felt like forever since he'd last seen the ghoul get so saucy... Well, with somebody other than himself, of course! As a being that almost seemed to thrive on conflict, Fear took to a little verbal jousting like a duck to water. The verbal jousting became a little intense as Fear responded back to Nyreena, urging her that if she had something she wanted to say to him, she say it now or forever hold her peace. The ghost girl soon spoke, and her response drew a tilt of the head from the alien. "Why would you bother to say you aren't going to disagree, when you obviously disagree with what he said? As for your opinion, you are welcome to have one but since your opinion actually has to do with something Fear said..." Kev shrugged. "Well, it's rude to say you don't care what he thinks of it. And he's welcome to have his own opinion." If she was trying to look like she was taking a neutral stance on this one, she was failing fast.

Giving Fear a blink as he caught Kev's own little joke, the scaly alien chuckled lightly. Despite Knock Out being a real pill, Fear more than made up for the mech's rude attitude. Especially as the ghoul began to play the Cybertronian like fiddle. He snickered like a gremlin as Fear made a little show of refusing Kev's suggestion to get more out of the crimson mech. Like the generous guypal Kev knew him to be, Fear granted Knock Out's request, soon leaving the bar to go grab a pen. Oh, the look on his little smug face when he say what his name was attached to... "Don't poke your eye out, Kikiri!" The alien called out with a small wave as Fear left the bar. Knock Out left the bar as well, leaving Kev all on his lonesome with a tank of fish. He half-turned in his chair to get a better look at the rest of the guests, head quirking curiously as Shai brought out a tray of drinks!

"Ooh...~ What a curious looking drink. I might have a hard time with the jello part...but I'll take one!" Remaining seated at the bar, he waited for the host to bring the tray over. Kev patiently waited for Shai and Nyreena to grab their own, before taking a cup for himself. Pulling a glove off and stashing it inside of a pocket for later, he reached a hand within his drink and lightly prodded the wiggly gelatin. A little chilly, definitely fruity and sugary... Almost felt like blubber, if he didn't know any better! His eyes squinted in pleasure, continuing to prod the drink in an attempt to break down the jello. As for any reprimands for Fear, there were none to be given. This was not the City Noise, and Kev was not a babysitter. If there was any issue with that, Nyreena was free to state as much. After all, she had her own opinions on things. Surely she could voice them here.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:14 pm

Oh Knock Out, not even Kev was that gullible. Though it was worth a shot one of these days, Fear supposed... "My sssuperior officer isss no longer here to do all the talking on my behalf," the helmeted fiend clarified, rather matter-of-fact. He gestured with a rotten hand dismissively, elaborating further, "I usssed to not ssspeak an entire sssentence for decadesss, ssso pardon me for making up for lossst time, ha ha." No real reason to speak if the only thing within hearing distance was a low, mournful wind droning across a barren wasteland. You know, the kind with expansive fields of bones and carcasses.

But getting on your knees, huh, mech~? That might be a good look for you.

Anyway...

What was said wrote:"Well, Fear, I'm not going either agree or disagree with you but I know that you're going to justify what I say with what you think is right and all it's going to lead to is a long-winded and unneeded argument. What I said was my opinion, I said it and it really doesn't matter to me what you think of it. If you think I'm just wasting everyone's time then that's your opinion to which I can either agree or disagree with but as I said I am doing neither. And whether you like or not we both fall into the same category so we're just going to have to live with it. Simple as that."

What was heard wrote:"Wah, wah! Fear, you're a big meanie, wah!"

He held up a hand and parroted the ghost-girl's speech with it. "Blah, blah, blah," the superfiend hissed derisively. What a load of hot air! "While it takesss a few minutesss for your lassst two remaining ghossst neuronsss to processss all of the bunk you jussst sssaid and how hypocritical it isss, I will go and fetch a pen. Lord knowsss I am not getting any younger and you are certainly not getting any sssmarter." So that is what the helmeted ghoul did, off into the great big questionably artistic yonder of Bird-man's colourful abode.

Fear must have been absent for at least three minutes, but don't worry! He didn't go snooping, prodding, or generally being a pest where Shaiamils could not observe. He might have stopped to further critically assess the doctor's peculiar tastes in artwork, but the superfiend proved generally mindful of where he was and who was hosting the party.

He soon returned, quietly humming, and set his gift - oh, pardon him... his now joint gift with Knock Out - onto the bar counter with a fond pat.

Perfect! But you know what else was perfect?

"Surprise! Jello shots, everyone!"

Alcohol!

There was absolutely no way the helmeted ghoul was going to miss a round of Jell-O shots (hey, they were free and plentiful), so he reached a spindly arm over Kev aaaaand - shlorp, shlorp, shlrop! - boldly impaled three of the jiggling treats with his beyond-unhygienic fingernails. Why bother with just taking one when you were raised by wolves? Fear munched away quietly, cognizant enough to stare pointedly at a nearby wall to avoid an accidental spook. Well, it wouldn't really be an accident... "Hmm, not bad," he remarked to himself, sucking another Jell-O shot off his fingertip. "Kev, if you're having difficultiesss, we can microwave a couple for you." Though it might make the alcohol weaker... What rotten luck!
    Shaiamils
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Shaiamils on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:14 pm

"Haha, I just knew you'd go for the jello shots, Fear," Shaiamils said the the retired Dark Judge as he grabbed one of his own. "These things are great party favors, aren't they? I just had to serve them."

And yet, despite the avian's jovial tone, he still remained just a little concerned deep down. Quickly the lighthearted atmosphere of the party was starting to become sour. No, he couldn't allow that! But would it really help to say something, or just make matters worse? Somehow he had a gut feeling that the result would be the latter. What else could he do? Surely there had to be something.

It was then that the doctor had an idea. He went to rejoin Nyreena on the sofa, momentarily lying his jello short on the coffee table. Gently, he reached a wing over her shoulder, much like one would do with their arm. Once he had her attention, he shot her a warm, reassuring smile. It'll be okay, it said. It wasn't much, but it was something. Hopefully she would easily be able to catch his meaning. If not, the situation was probably about to become extremely awkward. Boy, that would be something, wouldn't it?

Please don't think I'm flirting, please don't think I'm flirting...
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:03 am

Fear? Barely speaking? Even having less than a sentence over the course of decades? The very thought was laughable, the mech almost thinking that Fear was merely pulling his leg. The ghoul's tone spoke otherwise. "Well, you'd be a lot more boring if you spoke less." No lie, he found a certain charm in the undead man's words. Of course, he was also used to being around Decepticons, who weren't always as eloquent or humorous as himself. So to find something of a match in Fear... It kept things interesting! And speaking of interesting, it seems the ghost woman had found offense in the former Judge's words. For someone who didn't want to have an argument, she did a good job of stocking the coals to start one. A metal brow raised with interest, arched as he leaned in ever so slightly to see what would happen...

Alas, Fear did not take the bait. Waving her words off, he lumbered off in search of a pen. Despite missing a chance for an amusing argument, Knock Out still perked up at the thought of getting his way with the corpse. Housewarming gift, check! Now all he had to do was have a good time at the party. Unlike Shai, who seemed scared that the party mood may now suffer, Knock Out felt as if the party had only just begun! Their host sat on the couch with Nyreena, Kev and Fear tended to making the jell-o shot something the alien could consume, which left the mech as something of a fifth wheel. Hmm...

Pap!

With a metallic slap, the mech joined his servoes together and grinned at their host. "So, are there any games we can play? Or...stories to tell? If nothing else, perhaps you could open your gifts..." The former medic had to admit to some curiosity over what exactly Fear had purchased to give to Shai...and what exactly he had attached his name to.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    380/380  (380/380)
    Stamina Bar:
    66/66  (66/66)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Well......Kev did have a good point there. By responding back to what Fear had lashed at her Nyreena had just countered what she had said with what she had said. And it made her feel rather foolish on the inside. However Kev did agree that she was welcome to have her opinion but she was being rude about not caring what he thought. Of course her thought was to explain that she wasn't trying to be rude and that she was trying to explain that she wasn't going to let what Fear said get her down but she stopped herself knowing that it was just futile to try to get her point across. Not giving a single reaction to what Fear told her next as he went to go find a pen she knew he didn't deserve any sort of reaction from her.

Listening as Shai said that he knew that Fear would go for the shots and how they were great party favors and that he had to serve them Nyreena nodded and said, "They sure are. And they're really good. You made them very well, too." Grabbing another she downed it with ease then decided to go take a seat on the couch and looked like she was contemplating something. In all honesty she was trying not to lose her grip on her emotions and become a sobbing mess. But thankfully there was some sort of hope. Before she knew it Shai had set down next to her and put a wing of comfort over her shoulder which made her jump a bit then relax when she saw that it was Shai. Seeing the warm and reassuring smile that he gave she smiled in gratitude and mouthed the words 'thank you' to him thankful that he was being supportive throughout all of this like a true friend. Looking over at Knock Out when he clapped his servos together and asked if there were any games that they could play or stories to tell or if nothing else maybe Shai would like to open the gifts that were brought for him she looked at him and said, "Sounds like a good idea. I've been wondering what was brought for you as well. Let's go see." It was time to get the good mood back for this party.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:10 pm

Ah yes, it was almost strange to think that Fear was once the silent brooder in the back of the pack. The former Judge that Kev knew had such personality, and liked to make his opinions known, as they saw here with Nyreena. To imagine a silent Fear was...difficult. "You'd think with all the talking we've done together, you'd have already made up for lost time." The alien joked lightly. Speaking of the ghost girl, Fear's response was to move his hand as if it were talking. As expected, the ghoul was hardly impressed with what she had to say. Kev could hardly blame him...after all, Fear disliked Nyreena for his sake. The ghoul didn't care for his own past with her, Jak was something of the past, but Fear was unhappy with how Nyreena had lied to Kev's face for several months. As long as Fear didn't step over the line, Kev wasn't going to say a single thing.

Away Fear went to retrieve a pen, and Nyreena apparently had nothing else to say. Kev had almost expected a response of some kind, maybe some resistance if not agreement but...there was nothing at all. She merely got her own drinks. Feeling awkward at the silence, Kev huffed and bobbed his foot lightly. Makes a guy wonder why he speaks sometimes...

Before the mood could drop, Fear returned and reached an arm over. Piercing the wiggly things upon his talons, Fear's hands were practically full with the jell-os. The scaly alien snickered lightly at the sight of it, watching as the former Judge faced the wall and nibbled delicately at the squishy squares. "Aaw...~ You like 'em?" Maybe Livewire could help him make some sometime, if Fear was really fond of those things? As for Kev's own share... He tentatively prodded the gelatin. It wriggled in place, a distorted reflection of his face clear on the side of it, changing with every wiggle. "That's a good idea!" Sliding out of his chair, the alien grasped his cup in one hand, the other resting on Fear's arm. "You go ahead and sit, I'll go microwave this. As long as you don't mind, Shai?" Kev glanced to their host, sitting on the couch with Nyreena and apparently consoling her by the look of that wing on her shoulder and the smile of gratitude she had. A defeated look seemed to overtake him and the alien turned away. Fear was not some bad, oogey-boogeyman who sought to ruin Nyreena's day, but alas... She had made up her mind. Some people already made their minds up about the former Judge, and nothing was going to change their minds...

So long as Shai had no objections, he made his way across the room to the small kitchen and pulled out a microwaveable bowl. Tipping his cup to the side, his jell-o cubes plopped into the bowl with a small squish. He tapped the button of the microwave to open the door, slipping the bowl inside and setting it for fifteen seconds to start with. Kev laid an elbow on the counter, leaning on it as he glanced to the main area of Shai's house as they talked over what to do next. "Doesn't seem like a lot of room for games, but maybe a story or opening the gifts would be nice." Kev spoke up from the kitchen. In the end of course, it would be Shai's decision.

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:41 am

It wasn't terribly difficult figuring out why the helmeted ghoul had an issue with the ghost girl; and, contrary to belief, it wasn't about her deceased husband. To put it simply, Nyreena had lied. And not only had she lied, but she had lied to the very person who had generously given her a job - a means to sustain herself, a means to pursue her hobbies, a means to keep her off the streets. But that obviously wasn't good enough for the ghost girl, seeing how she covered up for Daemeon, aided in Alexander's death (who was an acquaintance of her employer), and never thought to speak a word. Nay, she only spoke a word once forced to confess! Never mind that her employer, who was sometimes much too kind for his own good, would have liked to know what happened to the blond boy. Ah, but of course... Alexander's death had nothing to do with Nyreena and her life, therefore it was unimportant to mention. It was all about her, her locket, and her interests; woe betide anyone who thought they could converse with a selfish, one-dimensional parasite.

Fear's opinion of Nyreena was solidified in stone, and would only change if the ghost girl showed any modicum of genuine concern for others around her. He pointedly ignored her and her plea for attention (as well as Shai to a lesser degree, for the doctor was enabling). Alas... the ghoul reckoned people would eventually wake up and smell the coffin. For now, however, Fear was rather content to sit at the bar and watch Kev go about liquefying those poor Jell-O shots.

"I do. They were a good choice, Bird-man," he nodded, wiping his hands with a napkin. Deceased or not, Fear could remember some manners. "You might enjoy them asss well, but remember to be mindful of your limitsss, Kev." For that reason alone, the superfiend abstained from having another and instead tuned in to the discussions around him. Oh, gifts and stories? "Sssoundsss like a good idea," Fear agreed. "Why not a game or a ssstory? Sssomething to really liven thisss place up, ha ha." Simply could not resist. If they opened up the gifts now, wouldn't that take a big chunk of the party's interest away? He thought that the gifts should be opened last, but this was Bird-man's housewarming soiree and thus his rules. A party game wasn't a bad idea to start the evening...

How like Knock Out to move straight to the gifts, though~!

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:02 pm