Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Re: Memories Long Past

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue May 03, 2016 2:28 pm

"Good! Maybe we could be neighbors or something." Kyoko would like to pick this man's brain sometime. ...You know, when he could remember stuff. His world sounded interesting, and she'd like to hear about his version of Earth or...whatever planet he was from. As many creatures as there were here, Kyoko really hadn't hear much about other worlds.

Ha, seems her companion didn't like the idea of being covered in hot food or the stains that would come with it. At least, that's the way it seemed by the way he was leaning away from her hand. Bringing the food closer to her mouth, the magical girl slurped some of the bean paste up before responding. "Yeah, sure. I'll be careful." The redhead didn't really keen on spilling all of her food on her companion. Somebody had to warn this poor soul before he got online and accidentally found...hentai... A worry that was apparently unfounded as the man assured her that he really wasn't good with computers. "Really?" Swallowing her food, Kyoko turned the bit of taiyaki she had left in her hand as she looked him over. Alright, that made sense. Guess his world was behind on the times when it came to computers. The redhead shrugged lightly. "Fair enough, that's even better!" For now, the old man's eyes would remain unsoiled.

"Yeah, I can respect that. Already seen too many that come around thinking to play savior but cause more bad than good in the process."

She couldn't help but let out a soft snort. "I've known a few like that too." It seemed to be an unfortunate personality trait. Sayaka Miki, the magical girl who wanted to be a hero...and from what Homura said, wound up turning into a Witch in the end. Kyoko herself was not any better, trying to be a hero and where did it get her? It had her being left all alone is where it got her. "Exactly! If everybody took care of their own problems, and didn't try to help anybody else, everybody's messes would probably wind up being taken care of. There'd be no problems for anybody else to help with that way. Being a hero is a nice idea and all, but you can't really do it. It just causes even more problems." Turning to face the old man again, she shot him a grin. "That's not to say I'm against sharing some food with a smelly stranger! Doesn't hurt me any to give you some. But if you were in danger and I had to use my powers to save you, I'd probably try not to save you. Nothing personal, but it'd probably just make things worse." Pausing to shove the last bit of her food in her mouth, Kyoko chewed it thoughtfully. "Well, unless you were up against a Witch. Fighting those things comes with being a magical girl, so saving you would be more...something on the side since I'd be killing her anyway." Wouldn't really be going out of her own way to save somebody if she was going to kill the Witch anyway, right?

Foil crumpled and crinkled as she balled the foil wrapper up in her hands. Glancing around for a trash can, she spotted one nearby. Grinning to herself lightly, Kyoko held the foil ball in her hands as if it was a basketball. One hand cupped it from the bottom.With a swoop of her hands, she sent the ball flying. It caught the edge of the trash can opening and rolled easily in, where it settled on top of the heap of trash within. "Yes!" Kyoko pumped her fist and smiled, finding a little enjoyment in such a silly thing. Not as much enjoyment could be found in the library. She turned back to the old man and raised a red eyebrow. "Huh, this city has a little bit of everything." Maybe she'd look at the library. ...Maybe.

As for Homura, the old man reminded Kyoko that she was lucky to have somebody here who she had known from her world. Apparently that wasn't always so common. "Yeah, Homura was here for like a year or so before I ever came. So I guess she's the real lucky one. For those other people, maybe it's just taking a while like it did for me?" Having someone from your world who was only an enemy though, that had to be annoying.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu May 05, 2016 3:33 am

The old man nodded. Yeah, neighbors, perhaps when the inn no longer had a sheikah guarding it with her watchful eye. As much as the demon prince respected the woman's battle prowess, The less who knew about his abilities, the better. On the outside, the old man just looked thoughtful, as if pondering staying at the inn after being given all the information that the girl could give on the subject. "Maybe, we'll have to see." He replied, and left it at that.

To his relief, Kyoko pointed the sloppy innards towards her mouth instead of continuing to inadvertently drip the paste on him. "Thanks." The old man gratefully stated, his hand reaching up to peel back the brim of his hat and scratch  the greasy crop of salt and pepper grey hair that was underneath it. Apparently his lunch buddy was also surprised that he was not all that great with electronics and their series of tubes. "Yep, they're a little too complicated for me." He affirmed, the foil around his taiyaki crinkling as he peeled it back to eat the last bite. If the old man could taste, likely it would be as delicious as it looked, but as it went... The demon prince beneath the disguise lacked such senses, and could only go by the smell. Alas, the prince was not one for sweet things, but a bum on the other hand... they took what they could get, if experience served correctly.

Kyoko snorted at his observation, and as the girl went on... The old man's expression turned sympathetic. "I take it you know from experience, huh?" He uttered, wadding up the spent paper and foil before putting it in the pocket of his ragged coat. Granted she made it clear her powers would do more harm than good, but they way she spoke about it made it seem like she figured it out the hard way. Even so, she did not seem to linger on it too long, her expression turning to a grin as she looked at him. "Heh, yeah. Nothing wrong with a little charity every now and again, it's good for the soul. I wouldn't blame you for leaving me be, if I got myself into trouble it's likely my own fault I ended up in it to begin with." The man decided, listening as she went on about how things would change if she had to fight a witch and he was in danger in the process.

"A witch? Like the Halloween ones with the dark gown and pointy hat?" At least, that was closest he had come to seeing one. At one time he had even seen one on the TV's in a store window, howling and melting after a bucket of water was tossed on her. Inwardly, the prince had thought there were a number o ways to kill a witch, but water? That was a new one indeed. He watched as she crinkled up her own wrapper and tossed it into a nearby can. Such was youth to find a means to liven up ordinary tasks such as tossing out a used wrapper.

"Nice shot." The old man commented, placing his hands into the pockets of his coat to warm them. As for the city having a bit of everything, the man gave a small nod in agreement. The city had everything and even a little bit more, as people kept bringing their shops and cultures with them. Speaking of that, it looked like Homura had come here first before Kyoko arrived. "It depends I think. Sometimes you have to just wait for them to follow you and sometimes you can wait as long as you like and they'll never come around." And other times they came in herds, like the troll children had, and the Cybertronians. Different generations, siblings, even alternate universes. "The strangest I've seen is a person comes, disappears, and then they come back with no memory of being here before. They're not even the same person!" He added thoughtfully, looking over at a tree further away. A flock of birds landed within it, every so often fluttering out of the branches to rest upon them again.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 24

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sun May 08, 2016 3:56 am

The finality in the old man's tone was puzzling, to say the least. As if he no longer wanted to discuss living at the inn and wanted to move on. Growing up, "we'll see" was usually a polite way for adults to say no. Though the bum also seemed thoughtful and inquisitive too... Man, with his alcohol rattled brain, it was hard to get a read on this guy. In any case, Kyoko was fine to leave their discussion there, replying only with a nod and a quirked brow.

"You're welcome!" Suppose Kyoko wouldn't like to be splashed with someone else's food, though the idea also wasn't quite as offensive as it may have been for her older companion. Eh, if he preferred not to be in the 'splash zone' then alright. Making a note to make sure not to wave anything else at the man, she gave him a small shrug on the subject of computers. "They're not too complicated for me! But, the schools in Japan also used computers a lot...so maybe since I was raised on them, they just come easier to me." The redhead looked the man up and down, gaze primarily focused upon the salt and pepper color of his hair. "Gonna guess that you didn't exactly get to grow up with computers..." Though that depended on what the 'time' of this man's world was like. Was he from a futuristic world...? Did they ride in a horse and carriage? Did they only just have cars? Where are you from, mystery man! Gah, it was like Homura all over again! All of these thoughts buzzed in her brain like a nest of bees as the man finished off his taiyaki.

"I could ask you the same thing." She retorted, almost defensive as Kyoko sunk into her parka with her arms crossed. Side-eyeing the old man, the magical girl waited before adding "But yeah, let's just say hindsight sucks." She would spare the old man the details, as they were grisly and unsavory details to tell a stranger on a bench. So, charity, he called it? "Yeah, I guess a little charity never hurt anybody..." Good for the soul was a bit much, and considering the status of her own soul, the saying was almost funny. Much more interesting was the fact that the old man wouldn't feel bitter about being left to sort out his own troubles, viewing it as fair since he would have gotten into it in the first place. Smirking lightly, Kyoko quirked her head to the side and winked. "Heh. You know, not everybody would think like that. Some people would say that leaving any innocent person to die would be unforgivable. You're my kind of person though! It's too bad I don't know your name..."

Ha, it was funny how the term 'witch' usually conjured such images in people's minds. Kyoko had never seen any witches to match the ones featured on Halloween decorations, though who knew? Maybe one day such a witch would hatch. Shaking her head, the teenager spoke up. "Worse. They're beings of despair, see. Back in my world, they'd "hatch". They lure normal people into their labyrinths where they're typically killed. Magical girls like me have to hunt witches down and kill them. As for having dark gowns and pointy hats...they all look different but they're much weirder than that." Hell, a little ole witch in a dark gown and a pointy hat might be an interesting change of pace compared to the more monstrous forms she had to face.

"Thanks!" A bit showy maybe, but it was fun to do! Though the older man's own method of folding up his foil and stashing it in a pocket was interesting too. Two eccentric people on a bench. What a shindig, huh? "Never come around..." Kyoko frowned as she chewed on that little bit of information.   Homura had been waiting all this time for Madoka to come... What if the pink haired girl never came? And the redhead herself was hopeful to see any sign of Sayaka, or Mami. But, maybe... It would only be the two of them. At least they got along alright... It seems things could get even worse as the old man span a yarn that earned him a bewildered look. "What?! You're kidding, right?" People disappearing, only to return with no memories of ever being here? It sounded fishy. Kyoko's gaze narrowed as she turned towards the horizon. "Maybe something got to them while they were gone. Wiped their memories clean and sent them back." Eventually her eyes found the same tree as the old man. Birds were roosting on the branches, a couple hopping from branch to branch. Candy apple eyes idly scanned the bird claws as they curled around the wood. "What...happens to these memory wiped people?" The girl finally asked, curiosity piqued.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun May 15, 2016 11:57 pm

Booze was one hell of a drink.

However, the old man was indeed grateful that the girl would not splash anything onto him again, an appreciative nod sent her way as she decided to watch the birds flutter about in the tree further away. So this 'Japan' had computers as a staple of their everyday school life, and the girl herself used computers often. Since she was a child in fact, she was familiar with them. The old man shook his head, meeting her gaze with his dark brown eyes. "'Fraid not. I was raised in a simpler time, didn't have all this electronic stuff. I suppose most of it is helpful, but computers... They just seem complicated to me." Toys for those who had enough money to afford them.

"I could ask you the same thing."

The old man raised his hands a little, gloved palms shown in a disarming gesture in response to the defensiveness in her tone. "Didn't mean to offend, kid. obviously the subject is a bit touchy, so we can get off of it if you like." He replied apologetically, a slight smile crossing his wrinkled features. Though the expression was  not in amusement or malice, as he let his hands rest over his middle again. But he had to agree hindsight was never the kindest, and knew better than to ask about why exactly it sucked for her in particular. "It sure can. 'Doesn't seem to care when or when it happens either." The old man sympathized. As for being fine with with being left to die, he could not help but chuckle. "People seem to believe that there's an inherent good in others, some sort of good samaritan thing... It's probably true for some, but when it comes down to it, I'm not expecting anything angelic from others." Regarding his name, the man paused for a moment, pondering. "My name's Tom. You're not bad to talk with either, been a long while since I've had a decent conversation." He offered his hand for a small handshake, though he would understand if she was not so keen on returning it. His gloves had seen better days, and had their fair share of odd stains on the dull fabric.

Witches though... beings of despair, hatching and luring people into their twisted labyrinths. That was where being a magical girl came in, he deduced from her explanation. For a moment he pondered the notion of something that fit the description, but was likely not a witch as she would know it. Hm... The being that lurked beneath the disarming guise of an old man scrutinized her, though she would not know it through sight. Alas, as promising as it sounded, this one was still quite weak. Perhaps another time, young warrior. On the outside, the old man seemed surprised at the description. "Really? They sound almost demonic." He noted, and decided himself thankful he decided to amble around where the ISO's tended to keep an eye on things.

The man gave a small smile and nodded at her thanks, turning his gaze back towards the tree as she chewed on that bit of information regarding the comings and goings of this world's populace. He turned his gaze back to her just in time to witness her bewildered look. "I'm dead serious. I'm not sure exactly what happens to them, but it's damn spooky... Pardon my french." If there's one thing the old man remembered, it wasn't polite to cuss around a kid, even if they did fight witches and have unfathomable arcane power at their disposal. To think that something might have gotten to them, it was a possibility, although all Tom could do was shrug. "Maybe. Usually the people that end up like that just go about their business like nothing is wrong. So far as they know, they just arrived here. They may not notice, but those that know the person... They tend to pick up on it pretty quick." Like someone else had went and snatched up their body, then put themselves into their skin. "I've heard some stories where the person that arrives actually replaces the previous version of themselves that disappeared prior."

And by stories, he meant the mysterious case of the dual-natured Knockout. One month he was posing and cavorting about like a tomcat in heat within the Sanctuary, the next he's the complete opposite of previous nature, claiming to have just come to the Breach days ago. There was also the story of the suddenly incompetent Megamind  impostor, but he needn't give too much about himself away.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sun May 22, 2016 4:30 am

All this electronic stuff...? Sounded like the old man was talking about more than just computers. The teenager's eyebrows raised up in a stare, head tilting off to the side. "You mean you're from before other electronics? Like...television and phones?" What time period was this scruffy man from?! Her eyes briefly scanned his clothes, grimacing lightly. Well... His outfit didn't exactly scream a time period. They were dirty, tattered, and faded. Who knows, maybe it was the medieval times where he came from? "They can be pretty complicated but once ya get the hang of them, they catch on pretty quick." Kyoko shrugged, having given up trying to figure out this man's world and time periods. Pure and simple, he was just a mystery.

Kyoko's tone seemed to take the older man by surprise, throwing his hands up defensively and insisting he meant no harm by it. Her mouth pulled down in a frown, turning away from him as she digested his words. Despite her attitude, the guy was perfectly fine with moving on from the subject since it was obviously one the magical girl was not fond of. Touchy was an understatement, and while she didn't mind leaking some magical girl information, she would rather not disclose her background regarding...that. Aside from a small grumble, the redhead allowed the subject to move on. "Thaaaat's hindsight..." A small sneer grew on her face, though it wasn't directed at the homeless man. Merely things she could not predict before it blew up in her face. With a sigh, she shrugged again before changing gears to a more invigorating subject.

"You know, for a homeless guy that's out of touch with a lot of stuff, you're really on the level!" Eye contact was reestablished, a toothy grin on Kyoko's face. "Lots of people go around thinking the sun shines from people's asses, but the truth of the matter is that isn't what asses are like! Some people are nice but if you go around thinkin' everyone is, you're just gonna get hurt in the end." It was a hard lesson, but one that needed to be learned. Kyoko had learned it, and she was sure her bench companion had learned it on the streets too. Watching people walk by in nice clothes and in good health, probably going to church every Sunday and feeling super great about themselves while they walk by someone in need. It was the way of the world. "Tom?" She perked, almost expecting that he had forgotten his own name. It was pretty average as far as names go, but it was nice to have something to call him other than 'old man'. Without hesitation, she grabbed his hand with a gloved hand of her own, giving him a firm shake. Though the fabric that graced her palm was much cleaner and newer than his, she didn't seem to care even if some of the stains were to rub off. "Nice to formally meet you! And it's been a while since I had a decent conversation too!" Homura was great company, but the girl wasn't the best conversationalist sometimes.

"They look demonic too." Releasing the larger hand, Kyoko's arm laid across her knee in a resting position. "It's hard to describe without you seeing them for yourself, but they're kinda..." A wrist rolled, the girl gritting for teeth as she grasped for words. "They look like monsters, and they're all different from each other. They almost don't even look real sometimes. Like something that's...made in a way that's so different from the way stuff is supposed to be. Like, one Witch I fought with," Fought with being a very loose interpretation of what happened that day, "She was like a living shadow. Her entire labyrinth was like that, just a huge landscape of white with anybody in it completely outlined in black. And she could grow extra limbs and even a tree-like body out of her back to trap you if you weren't careful. When you get around to it, I guess they are pretty demonic and stuff." As far as Kyoko knew, the demons of 'normal' caliber did not exist in her world. Maybe witches were the demons of her world instead?

A small, amused chuckle bubbled from her mouth as she waved a hand. "Your french is fine! I've heard worse!" Considering the subject at hand, the amusement didn't last for too long as an almost worried frown overcame her. "That does sound pretty damn spooky..." Very spooky. So somebody disappears, reappears and they go about their business as if they never came here before? Even worse, other people could pick up on the differences very quickly. Her lips curled up, a brief look of disturbed horror on her face at the idea. "Replaces? Ugh... That sounds so... So...!" A brief shiver ran down her spine, even affecting her bangs as they bobbed before her eyes. "It sounds freaky and bad. Like they're being replaced by puppets or something! Body snatchers! Do they ever end up doing anything freaky or weird? Or just...living their lives?" Her hand raised, palm up and fingers slightly curled as if to claw answers out of the air. "That just...HAPPENS to people here?"
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:00 am

Before television and phones?! The man let out a small laugh. "No, no. I mean we did not have electronics like this place has. We did not have cable, smart phones, computers or the internet like you have." He explained. No, he was from a time that was simpler, but not that simple. He knew about television and radios, ever familiar with the automobile and soaring jetliners. As for his clothing, he looked like the average bum, wearing what tatters and rags he managed to find and keep clean. There were no drawstrings to indicate a tunic or other medieval era clothing, zippers were present upon his jacket instead of numerous buttons, and the fabric looked more like modern, cheap synthetic weaves instead of cotton, burlap or wool.

At least, if they could be inspected under the layer of grime he carried with him.

"You don't say?" He rumbled thoughtfully, regarding learning to use a computer. He pondered it a little more, then shrugged. "I could learn to use one, I suppose... Although I'm not all that interested, don't really see myself doing all that much with them." Tom was a simple man, if he wanted to drink he would seek out a liquor store, the news came from the newspapers the everyman tossed away when they were through reading them, reading could be done at the library and entertainment could be watched from the TVs in the store windows.

Although he knew his way around sneaking into a movie theater or two. Kyoko turned away as he made his disarming gesture, the girls' mouth pulling into a frown. She looked away and his expression eased back towards something more neutral. Indeed, it was hindsight, and the old man glanced away as she sneered. It was an incredibly sensitive subject for her it seemed, although before long the conversation resumed.

"Ah, I've been around." he chuckled at the statement. "Not everyone is evil, but they're not good either... Sure is easy to bring the evil out in some folks, though." Drinking, money, power... There were so many temptations, so many little nuances that could push a mortal past their own restrictions and into vice. At times there nary be a push, but merely a nudge.

It was all so incredibly entertaining. Not that Tom, or more the beast that lurked beneath the exterior called Tom, would reveal that to Kyoko.

The girl perked at finally hearing his name, seeming almost surprised she actually got a name from him. She grasped his gloved hand firm in a handshake upon seeing it offered, the mitted appendage a heavy bear paw to her slim fingers. One firm squeeze could probably break them, came a brief, but morbid thought. He gave a firm shake in return, before releasing her hand. "Really? Don't you have any friends to talk with?" He asked, mildly surprised. Usually girls her age were surrounded by gossip, cliques aplenty. Then again... This girl was not like other girls, she was a magical girl, and her life energy did not flow through her quite like a mortal usually would.

As for the witches, Tom listened attentively as she described them. Demonic, monsters, indescribable essentially. However, the story Kyoko told held the old man's attention, his bushy brow furrowing a little as he listened. "Damn, they sure are nasty things aren't they? That ah... That one witch you just talked about, with the extra limbs and the tree-body, are there others like that around? On this dimension?" He asked, curious but also sounding a little cautious all at once. "I mean if If I can be here, you can be here, and so many other people and creatures can be here... Maybe they could be here too." If those were around here, who knew what destruction they could cause!

Oho, what destruction they could cause...

The man's expression remained concerned regarding their existence, while the being that lurked behind it was concerned about something else, regarding the aforementioned witches.

French was fine, and she had heard worse, apparently. Tom's expression softened slightly, although the topic of conversation certainly did not change, dopplegangers and replacements plenty concerning in theory alone. When put into practice, it could be quite terrifying. he nodded in agreement with Kyoko's sentiments. Her face contorted into one of horror, her lip curling as he face grew more and more disturbed. No doubt she was quickly imagining such a scenario in her mind's eye. "...Some of them act freaky and weird. I've seen ones that were far more tolerable than the original iterations of the same person! But there are some that are indeed worse. A person that was once brilliant and courageous turns feeble and witless overnight, just as a person who may have been an attention-seeker to the point of baring their all in public may... become less so. More humble and dignified." Tom explained. "From what I have seen, the change tends to be a complete heel-face turn, and they won't even be aware of it." Kyoko's little fingers curled into claws, grasping for answers, an explanation. People lived like this, people dealt with this, why, how?!

"'Fraid so. People may notice the change at first, but after they grow acclimated to it, it's like the other version was never there... Usually. I knew a guy who couldn't stand how his friend changed. So far it's pretty rare though... I think." If that were any condolence to the now completely mortified kid. The man shifted his weight and let a gloved hand rifle through the side pocket of his dirty trousers. With a bit of fiddling around, a crumpled cigarette packet was pulled out. Evidently used, but sparingly, he was addicted to the dangerous burning sticks of death, but not so much as to waste the pack chain smoking. "...You don't mind if I smoke, do ya?" He asked, giving the packet a small wiggle. A few cigarettes jostled about inside, audible.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:51 pm

No cable, no smart phones, no computers, no internet... Her legs dangled as she sat on the bench, swinging them lightly as she tried to imagine such a world. "So, what did you do to have fun? Cause a lot of that stuff is really great for having some fun." Smart phone apps, television shows, and of course, the internet. A world without such commodities sounded pretty bland and boring. Maybe everybody in Tom's world just read books all day? As for discerning any time periods from the old man's clothes, they looked like normal enough. He had zippers, and the fabric looked on par with her own clothing, if a lot older and rattier. Maybe he was from the 50's? "You don't have to if you don't want to. You don't seem to need a computer so much around here, so it'd just be for the fun stuff, which you don't seem to be into all that much anyway." If Tom was getting along fine without computers and he didn't have to use one for bills, or job applications or anything like that, he'd be great without one.

Kyoko was content to let the subject of hindsight and mistakes drop. She didn't like thinking on it, and Tom probably didn't either. Everybody has something they regret, after all. Besides, the topic of morals was a lot more interesting. Especially what Tom said about bringing the evil out in a person. Between what went down with her own father, and the fate of all magical girls turning into awful witches, Kyoko could say without any hesitation that there were definitely things in the world that easily turned people evil. Alcohol, despair... If people were made inherently good, they wouldn't be capable of all that a Witch could do, right? Unless getting your soul pulled out of your body made it easier to corrupt. "Yeah, I've met a couple of people who were actually good. And I've met some pretty evil stuff. But mostly I meet people who are kinda in the middle, yanno? Do some good stuff sometimes, bad stuff other times." People were complicated that way.

His larger hand drew an amused smirk, craning her head to compare the sizes. Upon releasing his hand, she waved it dismissively at his next question. "Well, I've got Homura, but she's not that talkative. And sometimes I guess I speak with people around the Inn but never really stuff like this, you know?" Most of it was the weather, any events happening in the city. Kyoko usually caught people when they were in the middle of something, and typically so was she, so sitting and talking for a stretch of time came few and far between. "I'm kinda used to keeping myself entertained on my own anyway."

"You bet your ass they're nasty!" She couldn't help but enjoy how much the old man was paying attention as she described the witch Elsa Maria. Hell, it was the thing that caught his attention most of all! Not that she could blame him, this shit was pretty new to him after all. Which is why when he asked if any Witches resided on this world, curious and cautious at the same time, it raised no red flags for her. "Actually, yeah! That's what Homura and I do here when we're not hanging out; we go out and fight the Witches that come here. They typically hatch in the Outer District, because of all the suffering and despair that happens out there." As morbid as it was, it was actually quite lucky for the two Magical Girls that the Witches hatched in this world. The alternative was not very pretty... "But don't you worry Tom," A hand began to pat lightly at his shoulder in a comforting motion. "So long as Homura and I are here, you'll be safe from all of the Witches!" So rest easy whenever you have to travel out there, yeah?

Doppelgangers, body snatchers... Whatever the case was for these people, it sounded completely bonkers. The freakiest thing about these doppelgangers was that apparently they might not act like the original people at all! The examples Tom gave were an intelligent and brave person becoming weak and stupid, while another was a flashy peacock becoming humble and less...gaudy. Far from being small little changes, those sounded like outright opposites! Still grimacing, she couldn't help but ask for more answers. "What happens to these people?" And surely someone noticed such changes, right? Tom confirmed as much, though most just grew used to the new people. Rarely did somebody draw the line as their friend became a stranger. While the man's fingers dug around for his cigarettes, Kyoko's own were massaging her temples lightly.

"That sounds so awful...but I guess there's not really anything people can do, right? You don't even know why the people change so... I guess trying to find the source might be...impossible." Maybe it was some sort of scheme hatched by an Eldritch God out in an unknown universe. Maybe some punk just thought replacing people was funny. Maybe these replaced people were android spies, collecting data for some mass hivemind! And maybe, just maybe...it was aliens. She was not so drawn into her own hypotheses that she didn't realize his question though. "Nah, go ahead and smoke." She answered with a brief flick of her wrist. It wasn't like she could get cancer, anyway.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:21 pm

That was a good question, what did Tom do for fun?

Kyoko's legs swung off the side of the bench, and the old man hummed thoughtfully, recollecting. "I remember going outside, finding some friends and roughhousing in the afternoon." He uttered after a few moments. Evidently all the alcohol he so indulged in made his memory slow to recall. As he went on, a small smile drew upon his features, his childhood a fond one to remember. "We played king of the hill, tag, hide and seek... One year I had a bike for my birthday and rode that around. I think..." The last statement sounded uncertain, as if he were trying to figure if it really happened or if his memory was just that sloshed from all the booze.

Regardless, the girl reassured him that he did not need to know how to use a computer if he did not want to. There was plenty to do around here anyway, and from the sound of it, computers were more for "fun stuff" anyway. He chuckled a little when she said he did not seem to do much of it. "Hey now, I find enough things to get a kick out of in a day. You just have to learn to enjoy the simpler things." He joked. Granted most of his "simpler things" involved watching passersby, smoking, making conversation, and drinking, but he still gained some enjoyment from them. Surviving on the street, inside of the ISO's jurisdiction, was not as hard as trying to make it through the day in the Outer District. The topic of hindsight having been dropped, morals were decidedly a far more interesting discussion.

"Yeah?" He replied, listening as the red-haired girl described her experiences. Some were good, some were evil, but most were in the middle. Tom gave a small nod. "A lot of people are like that, don't really sway one way or the other. It's just the norm... It's a good thing, really. If the world was filled with people who were all good or all evil, it would be very stiff, too clear cut to really be alive. The world needs that grey... Although if it were the other way around, it'd be a whole lot easier to know who was your friend and who wasn't, I think." He mused, looking back over to the tree across the path and the birds that fluttered about within it. People were complicated, but that was due to life making them complicated. In order for anyone to be inherently good or evil without any grey, there would need to be no life. It could make them more good than evil, or more evil than good, although to the creature that lurked just beneath Tom's exterior, he was more inclined to think that evil was what the mortal mind tended to lean towards more.

Not that Kyoko would see that, to her, Tom was just the average homeless bum.

His larger hand pulled away after she released it, and it came to settle once again within his coat pocket. So she had Homura to talk to, and some of the people at the inn, but they never talked about anything deep or interesting. "That's too bad, it's good to get some conversation in. Although honestly I've been lacking in finding people to really get into conversations with too." He sympathized. The people Tom decided to associate with were most likely other homeless, who were more preoccupied with staying alive than waxing philosophical, as for anyone else... Who really wanted to talk the afternoon away with a smelly old bum? He was impoverished, undistinguished, and above all assumed uninteresting. Unlike a witch, which was very interesting to talk about, thankfully Kyoko was of the same mind as she went on about them.

They were nasty, and Homura often joined the red-haired girl on their crusades to fight the strange, malignant creatures upon this very dimension. From what Kyoko described, they were drawn to despair and suffering, to the point of hatching in such places. Interesting, very interesting... There were a few places that he figured could be a secondary hatching ground, but he would look into that later. Kyoko patted Tom on the shoulder reassuringly, stating that so long as she and Homura were around that he would be safe from the witches. A small smile drew itself across the man's features, and his deeper voice sounded relieved. "That's good, that you and Homura are around to deal with them. I've been here long enough to see a few things, and even inside the ISO's area... Things can get a bit nasty, you know?"

Calamities tended to be a regular occurrence in the past, although now... Now there was a particularly long pause. It made what lurked beneath the exterior that was Tom wonder what was going to happen next, given the break in this world's routine. Soon enough, he decided, something was bound to come up. However, there was undoubtedly something left behind from such occurrences. Every so often he could see them; shades, ghosts, lingering energy from darker times. Whether or not Kyoko could was another story entirely.

As for the dopplegangers on the other hand... Just about anyone could see those. So long as they were aware of their surroundings, that is. "The ones that replaced them? They just go about their business, unaware that anything happened. It's really freaky." But the girl did get one thing right, finding the source would be impossible so long as there was no clue to what was causing the changes. So, there was only one thing left to do, and Tom did it gladly.

He nodded in polite thanks to the girl next to him, before tapping a cigarette into his hand, a packet of matches procured from the other pocket soon after to light it. He drew a breath, the tip of his smoke smoldering a brilliant red, before he exhaled the tar-laden smoke through his nostrils, careful to turn his head and breath the toxic cloud away from the girl's face.

"It is impossible." He agreed, pulling the cigarette from his mouth to hold in his gloved fingers while he talked. "No real thing to do except live with it."

Which, to the demon of course, was a damn lie. However, telling an immortal teen that killing the dopplegangers would fix the issue was not exactly a route he felt Tom would take.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:05 pm

Tom took his time remembering what he did as a kid, the guy probably had a lot of memories to sort through to remember his youth. Kyoko waited patiently, kicking her feet until finally the answer came. For some reason, she expected it to be something weird, or strange. But, the activities Tom mentioned? All things Kyoko herself had done. "Yeah, when there's nothing good on tv or on the internet, we'd do that kind of stuff too. I liked tag most, and riding a bike is great too." What kid didn't have a bicycle, huh? Well, maybe the really poor kids... "Guess in a place like this, there's something new to see everyday." She gave a quick laugh, waving a hand at the older man. "Hey, I know how to enjoy the simple things! I'm like, a master at it!" The teenager didn't ask for much, and she didn't take much either. In that way, she and Tom were probably similar!

"Yeah." She affirmed with a lazy nod. Too much of one thing or the other was bad, even if it was something good! Just like how even the most hopeful of wishes had to be offset be an equal amount of despair. "It keeps the world in balance, to just have a handful of people who are purely good or purely bad and a lot of people sprinkled all around." As for it being easier to tell friend from foe if morals were less complex? The redhead shrugged with a grunt. "Eh... Friends are hard to figure out anyway. Take it from me, Tom; even if you befriended the goodest goodie two-shoes, that doesn't guarantee anything." Kyoko had experience, what with how things turned out with Mami who was perhaps the greatest and most selfless magical girl. Of course, maybe that said more about Kyoko herself than Mami...? "I prefer the balanced thing. Leaves some wiggle room, you know? Being stuck one way or the other is waaay to restricting."

"Guess we both need to get out and talk to people more. Maybe try that Sanctuary place. It always seems to be good for conversation!" And for almost witnessing a fight! Ah, pity nothing came of it... Oh well, that's what the tv was for. "At least we managed to find each other and talk, right?" She turned to the older man with a slight grin on her young face, greatly contrasting his old whiskery self. Two strangers, coming upon each other in the Park and telling each other of their worlds and experiences. Tom smiled back at her, relieved that there was someone out there to take care of the witches. Kyoko settled against the bench, both arms propped against the back as she grinned, giving off an air of cockiness. People usually didn't get to know about what magical girls did, so feeling that Tom appreciated it was...nice! "Yeah, the last thing this place needs is for a Witch to start tearing shit up and killing people. I'm not even sure how many people would be able to stop one without me and Homura... Normal people can't see 'em but a lot of people here aren't normal." Maybe others could help in the fight against witches should they ever need it. The lack of assistance in hunting the witches seemed to point towards a no, for now.

Snorting in a rather unladylike fashion, Kyoko shook her head in slight disbelief. "Go about their business... I can't believe that. I could never go about my business if I knew some other version of me had been walking around! Especially if I'm the real me!" A hand placed itself over the teenager's own heart. "I'm the only Kyoko Sakura around, and if there's some importer or robot clone walking with my face somewhere, I'm gonna track it down and destroy it!" It was just way too freaky for her, having some sort of doppelganger... The possibility suddenly pricked her like a mosquito bite and the girl cocked her head, looking Tom right in the wizened eyes. "You've...never seen a version of me, right? Before I ever actually came here? I'm...the only me you've ever seen?" It was starting to give her goosebumps, little chills down her back that made her skin prickle. The lack of any sort of solution seemed to only make it worse. Hugging her arms to herself, the teenager gave a little shiver. "Brr... Just live with it, huh? I can try..." What was the alternative, huh? Apparently nothing.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:20 pm

It seems Kyoko and Tom were similar in a number of ways, then again, what child did not grow up going outside and having fun with their friends? As for seeing new things in this world each day, the old man nodded with a small chuckle of his own. "Yeah, I haven't seen so many strange things before I came here. My world was pretty mundane." There were no witches, no magical girls or dopplegangers. "Yeah, we're both pretty good at enjoying what's there." He agreed, a small grin spreading across his features. Lines cracked across his face like small fissures, a testament to his age and hard life.

"Eh... Friends are hard to figure out anyway. Take it from me, Tom; even if you befriended the goodest goodie two-shoes, that doesn't guarantee anything."

The old man could not help but nod at such sagely advice, she was right. For someone as young as her, she sure had a lot of experience under her belt. It was refreshing, compared to what he tended to expect from a kid. Then again... Kyoko was not exactly a normal 'kid' either. "Yeah, no one is ever truly an angel, are they. It's the way things work, I guess. Kind of like that pattern I see every now and again, that circle with the black part and the white part. The white part has a black spot in it, and the dark part has a white spot in it. Call me philosophical, but I guess that could describe a few people who think they're completely good with not a flaw." Of course, the devil that lurked beneath the guise of Tom knew what he was talking about, but Tom was a simple man, a man who spent a lot of time in the streets instead of having his nose in a book. He knew the shipping yards and moving crates, but after living for so long, it was not so strange to start thinking in between shifts.

He had to agree though, having either one or the other was way too restricting. "Yeah, there are just too many types of people to have either black or white. Too many thoughts and types of minds." He replied, taking a drag of his cigarette before turning his head to blow the ashy smoke into the winter air.

It seemed a popular meeting place of the minds was this Sanctuary place. He had heard of it before and even visited it, but not in this form. How long had it been since he had paid a visit to that forum, that lobby of conversation and information? Too long, much too long... But he had been too busy to pay it much over these past years. Tom's lip twitched slightly in contemplation, the cigarette in his mouth wiggling slightly. "Yeah, I could give it a visit. It's that big building in the center of the city, right? Has all those couches and chairs in it." He uttered thoughtfully. As for all the witches lurking around, the way Kyoko said that she was not sure who would be able to do much about them sent a small shiver up Tom's spine. A shiver of fear for the old man, but a shudder of excitement for the beast beneath. "Just you and her, huh? Maybe you should, ah, look around and see who else would be able to help you out with them?" He suggested.

May as well, as more heads were better than just two in this case.

Just the opposite in the case of the dopplegangers, no one wanted to see a double of a person that they knew. Especially if they were nothing like the person that initially arrived. The conversation certainly had the girl spooked, now she was beginning to wonder if she was a doppleganger herself! A large bear-paw of a hand gently clapped itself on her shoulder, giving a reassuring pat. "Hey, so far as I know, you're the only red-haired magical girl I've seen around here. I don't think you got anything to worry about. This sort of thing seems to be rare, I've only heard of maybe... Two, three occurrences since I've been here?" His hand pulled away and rested in his lap once more. Although, if she really wanted some comfort regarding them... "You know that guy whose friend turned out to be a doppleganger? He knew another guy, and he beat the crap out of that double. I don't think it ever came back after that... Although his friend never did either from what I can tell. It was a, oh what's the word... Pyrrhic victory?" He spoke, the cigarette twitching against his lip as he recalled.

So, there was something she could do if she could not live with that possibility. If one cannot join them, may as well beat them into a pulp!
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:10 pm

"Does it ever freak you out or anything? I mean, my world wasn't the most normal place around but it took me a while to get used to some of the stuff you see just walking around here." Furry beasts, scaly men, shiny robots and even things that didn't look like people at all! Things like that, it was all pretty freaky. Especially for an old-timer, though maybe his alcohol managed to help make things a bit more mellow for him. A smile stretched itself across the old face of Tom, like cracks in clay that had been sitting out in the sun for a very long time. Kyoko's smile wasn't nearly as wizened, smoother and cleaner thanks to her younger face. It only stretched to show off her teeth, as the redhead moved to nudge into Tom with the brunt of her shoulder. "Exactly! We're both good at enjoying life as is!" It was probably a trait one inherited when they were homeless, drifting along on the streets and learning to appreciate what little they could have.

Her eyes narrowed, pinching together as she attempted to riddle out what exactly Tom was talking about. A circle with a black part and a white part... The white part had a black spot and vice versa for the black. That pattern, paired with Tom's musing about how very few people were flawless, made it snap into place rather quickly. "You mean a yin yang symbol?" The symbol was Chinese rather than Japanese, but it was still something Kyoko was privy to. Nodding her head thoughtfully, she made a small noise of agreement. "Not bad, Tom. That's actually pretty fitting. Bad people got a bit of good in them, and good people have a bit of bad. I think if more people understood that, it'd be better. We wouldn't have so many self-righteous people. And, of course, it all balances out with that thing too! Cause each half is equal sized and they make a whole. You take any one part away, and it's incomplete." Whether the black part was removed, or the white, it still only made part of a symbol.

She couldn't help but find it a little funny. Here they were, an old bum and a young magical girl, and now they were discussing the philosophy of morality. Funny, but no less interesting. Maybe Tom was smarter than he looked, alcohol and all. People as a whole were complex, simply because there were so many, and this world provided even more gray areas. "Too many worlds, too! Some countries can't even agree on what's 'right' or 'wrong', so when you factor other planets and stuff in there... There really are just too many kinds of people for there to be anything one way or the other." Kyoko's head turned away, face aimed in the other direction even as Tom blew his smoke into the air rather than in her personal space. It was more of a precaution than anything else.

"Yeah, think that's it." The center of the city sounded about right, and she definitely remembered the plush furniture that looked new. "It has a great fridge too! With lots of food inside." It was, of course, typically the highlight of Kyoko's visits to the Sanctuary. The uncertainty of who else could help seemed to scare Tom, the old man giving a little shiver. Poor old fella. A gloved hand again settled itself upon the man's shoulder, giving it a light pat as she gave a small laugh. "Yeah, maybe! But that's gonna look kinda weird, right? Just taking people aside to the outer district, "excuse me sir, can you see this Witches' barrier? What's that? You don't see anything? I promise, I'm not crazy, there really is something there!"." The pat became a little heavier, threatening to jostle the old man. "I don't know... Maybe I could talk Homura into doing something and...making supervised sort of hunts to the Outer District, to test people out and see if they can see and fight a Witch. It's just, you know... One wrong choice and that person dies." Slim shoulders shrugged. "They'll probably come back but they might carry a grudge." It was something to think about though, since it seemed as if it was only going to be the two of them as the Breach's sole magical girls.

Tom's larger hand came to rest on her own shoulder now, giving Kyoko a comforting pat to assure her that she wasn't a doppelganger as far as he knew. Nor were there any out and about in this vast world... Again, as far as Tom knew, but it was better than nothing at all. Her shoulders slumped beneath his bearpaw of a palm, a small sigh blowing from her pursed lips. "Good, good... And of all the homeless guys I've seen, I'm pretty sure you're one of a kind, Tom." Two of three out of the whole population of this place didn't sound too bad! In fact, those sounded like great odds. No longer quite so scared, the teenager relaxed into the bench and even raised a hand to scratch idly at one cheek. Tom began to speak again, and the redhead turned to look at him curiously. "Yeah?" So, in one case of these things, the guy had gotten some muscle to beat up the impostor and send him running. Or, more likely killed him. However, the original friend had never returned either. What was worse? To be left with a phony friend, or to have no friend at all? The teenager frowned. "Well that sucks." Such a bummer.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Tom shrugged as he thought it over. "At first, yeah." For any normal human being, this place was a massive shock and took time to get used to. "Took me a year or so to get used to things, even then, I'm still surprised at what goes on." He admitted. Otherwise, she was completely correct in the opinion that they were both good at enjoying life. She nudged him in the shoulder with her own, and the old man leaned into it a little himself.

Kyoko's eyes narrowed as she puzzled out the symbol that was described, and after a few moments, managed to identify it. "Yeah, one of those." Tom agreed. While passing by a few places that seemed more befitting of a stoner than the usual citizen, he had seen a few decals that the yin-yang symbol stuck upon the windows, alongside a few other odd images. For the girl to agree that the drunkard sitting next to him got the philosophy pretty close, however... Tom chuckled through the cigarette in his teeth, warm air puffing through his nostrils as steam. The old man took another drag while the girl went on, listening as the ember's red glow slowly crawled up the length of tobacco. "Exactly, with those self righteous types, I think they only want to see one side of a person. When I used to work, there were a few like that I came across... Perhaps it made things more simple, but I guess there is such thing as making things too simple." He reasoned, turning his head away from the teenager to exhale a cloud of smoke. As it dissipated, he looked back to the girl, just in time to catch her latest statement.

Too many worlds, too many cultures. The old man nodded. "That was one of the things that I ran into when I first arrived here. The culture shock that came from just speaking with another person sometimes was surprising." The old man admitted.

As for the Sanctuary, a sliver of pink swiped across his lips as he contemplated the fridge. Tons of food sounded great to the street urchin who went day to day with nothing but scraps from a garbage can. The girl's hand rested itself upon his shoulder, giving a small pat as she laughed. Admittedly, the image was pretty funny. "Heheh, I guess when you put it like that..." Her hand clapped on him a little heavier, and her not-so-childlike strength nearly jostled him a little. Whew, magical girls, eh? Although the supervised hunts seemed a little risky, especially with the notion of people possibly dying. Granted they could come back, but sticking every Tom, Dick, and Larry into the fray seemed a little shortsighted. "What sort of people tend to be able to see these witches? Aside from you and Homura, I mean. Maybe if you could figure out how people can see them, it will make your search a little easier?" Tom suggested with a shrug.

There had to be something more to this witch-seeing business than being a magical teen.

Tom's statements managed to calm the girl down, her shoulders relaxing with a sigh. As for her compliment, the man could not help but chuckle a little. "Yeah? You're a pretty one-of-a-kind kid too." He replied, before removing his hand letting it rest back on his stomach. Although beneath, the creature that dwelt behind the disguise wondered if perhaps the bum was a little too unique for his own good. There was an art to blending in, after all. Regardless, he gave a small nod as she mulled over the fate of the doppleganger that was confronted. "Yeah, it does, kinda." He agreed, a little quieter.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:35 pm

Poor, poor Tom. Of course, Kyoko wasn't exactly used to this place either. "I'm still trying to get used to some of the types of things that live here. Like, the God of this place is actually sort of...here?" What kind of name was 'Portal X' for a God anyway? A weird one, for sure. "Just the fact that there's supposed to be an actual God guy here is kinda weird..." She mused with a small frown. With it not being the 'God' she was taught to pray to, the redhead wasn't so...sure what to think of him. Or what to think of the idea of Gods existing in other universes. Wasn't the point of God that he was the only one? Did that count as blasphemy...? Bah, what did it matter anyways? Compared to other details about this place, maybe being hung up on the God part was strange of her, but since when did Kyoko care much about being strange?

In this bitter cold, Tom's face was puffing out smoke like a chimney. Kyoko herself of course, carried a little fog with every breath she took, but the man's cigarette provided much more than her. Even from his very nose! It reminded her of steam shooting out of a tea pot's spout and the image made her smile a bit. As for self-righteous people, the homeless man managed to put into words a great way to explain why such thinking was bad! "Exactly!" Kyoko gestured outward with a hand, directed at her older companion. "It makes their thinking too simple too! Because then when stuff gets too complicated for them, they can't deal. And because they get stuck in their ways, they won't listen to anyone." With a huff, she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned into the back of the bench. Just thinking of how things with Sayaka went put her in a sulking mood. No matter what she had told Sayaka, or even done for her, Homura made it clear how things ended up turning out for the knight-like magical girl. Unable to deal with herself, rosy-colored glasses shattered, Sayaka fell into despair and turned into a Witch. Surely there could be another way? Maybe if the blue haired girl had been willing to accept things as they are, to stop worrying about being the best magical girl... Maybe she could have bounced back! But, a black and white viewpoint could be quite damaging. Especially when turned against oneself.

Despite the 'what if's of Sayaka's situation, Kyoko couldn't help but to crack a slight smirk at Tom's input regarding culture shock. "Yeah, I think the strangest thing for me was talking to this little yellow pony with wings. Really shy and soft, it was so weird to talk to a horse...but she gave me an apple and lead me to the Inn, so I can't complain." A shame it seems the little pony didn't stick around. Kyoko hadn't seen her since the first day she had arrived here.

A small chuckle sounded from her at his admission that asking people outright might not be the best option. Things typically never came easy to you as a magical girl, and especially not help. The next question he asked was worth consideration, as she removed her hand from him and set it upon her own knee. Absently, Kyoko's hand patted at it as she thought. "Eh... In my world, the only people who could see the Witches were either magical girls like Homura and me, or people who could become magical girls, which is impossible here as far as I know." Which was for the best, take her word for it. "But if I had to make a guess about the types of people who could see them? Maybe...magical people? Definitely people who could detect emotions and auras and stuff, that'd be really good for finding a Witch's barrier. Maybe some...supernatural things too?" Especially since the true nature of 'magical girls' was pretty supernatural when you get down to it. It was Kyoko's final guess, the best she had to offer and she was actually curious to see what Tom thought of it. The redhead leaned into his direction a bit, eyes turned to him attentively.

"Heh! Bet your ass I am!" Kyoko puffed her chest out, a smug look upon her face as she closed her eyes and grinned widely. One-of-a-kind, indeed! Even better, the assurance that she was unique did a good job of waving off any lingering doppelganger worries she held. If Kyoko was truly one of a kind, that meant nobody could ever make a fake version of her! Not without some glaring flaws, and even then, it wouldn't really be Kyoko Sakura! A small grunt of agreement came from her, nodding her head soberly. A whole lot of sucking in that situation, who wanted to be in the middle of some junk like that? "Whatever happened to the guy? Did he move on without his friend?"
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:27 pm

The god of this realm? Him being here was what confused her most? Then again, from the demon's perspective, he had already filled a role such as Portal-X's at some point before he had arrived here. Thus being an active, present deity was not all so strange. Tom on the other hand, he would be able to sympathize more readily. "Yeah, I know what you mean... I remember when that one came out of the sky, Alpha I think." he replied, looking back over to the tree that held the same flock of birds from earlier. "It's weird seeing them around when you're raised to think they're kinda beyond us, y'know?" Tom agreed, looking back to the young girl.

Tom took another slow drag of his cigarette, the corners of his mouth crinkling once again as Kyoko exclaimed and gestured. "You've dealt with a lot of people like that too, huh?" He presumed, observing how she huffed and crossed her arms. A few ribbons of tobacco smoke curled from his lips with the utterance, his lungs filled with the ever intoxicating nicotine. he turned his head away from the girl once again as he exhaled, a grey plume roiling from his mouth with a sigh and into the chilly air. However, the man had yet to come across a yellow horse with wings.

He paused as he took in that incredibly strange detail, squinting as he looked out towards the tree across the path. The flock of birds chattered as happily as they did in the moments before, unaware of the conversation being shared between the two visitors. After a few moments Tom shook his head, retrieving the cigarette from his mouth to tap the spent ashes onto the ground. "Can't say I've ever come across anything like that." He said with a chuckle, "You've taken the cake on strange shit that you wouldn't think to meet everyday." Sounded like something straight out of an acid trip, it did. The only thing that beat that would be the witches Kyoko talked about a little earlier.

Though it seemed finding someone to help detect witches and their barriers was not so hard as one may think. All she seemed to need, if it were put simply, was someone who could detect auras, were magical themselves, or beings that were supernatural in nature. He noticed the girl was observing him expectantly, and Tom gave a thoughtful sound as he mulled it over. "Huh, that certainly would do it. Not sure how many around would be too good at doing that though." It sounded like she would need some kind of wizard or a psychic to deal with all of that. "Maybe you could put up some sort of tryouts thing for people who fit that description? This world is diverse enough you should come up with something." He offered.

That bulletin board certainly seemed like a promising place to try it.

Oh, right, what did happen to that guy after the doppleganger went away? Tom grew quiet for a few moments, the cigarette placed back between his lips as he attempted to recall. "You know, I haven't the faintest idea." He admitted with a shrug. "I guess he moved on after that, I think."

Though now that he thought about it, maybe it would be a good idea to catch up with the guy... It had been years since Megamin had been dealt with, and there was not a single peep or sighting of the wayward fish.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:59 pm

According to Tom, one such God had appeared from the sky. One named...Alpha. Kyoko's dark red eyebrow arched, lips pursing as she took in this information. She'd always learned that God was the Alpha and the Omega. "Maybe they really are Gods of some kind..." The teenager mumbled, more to herself than anyone else. It did sound curiously legitimate, after all. Once her eyes made contact with Tom's, Kyoko nodded her head in solemn agreement. "Yeah, I was taught that God was...you know, far away in Heaven. That the only way to talk to him was through prayer and usually that was a one way thing. To think he's just sitting around somewhere here, and that people have actually seen him..." She shook her head, almost in disbelief. Such an ability was usually special, only certain people could talk to God, let alone see him! Scoffing, she shrugged her shoulders. "It's a crazy world, here." And it wasn't technically bound to the usual rules.

Glancing to the older man, Kyoko gave a more somber nod than she had before. "One person in particular stands out, since I had been dealing with her before I was dropped here. When we first met...we didn't like each other. We were both magical girls, and she wanted to be a hero. She thought I was a bad person, and I just wanted to kick her ass." She shrugged carelessly, a light smirk growing on her face. "Pound some sense into her, you know? So we had a big fight, but before we could kill each other, Homura actually stepped in and stopped us. Later, we learned some...very bad things. About...being magical girls." She shuffled in her seat, turning her face partially away from Tom. "I didn't mind it though, once I got used to it. You can't change the past. We're magical girls, so we have to deal with the not so good things, you know? But her..." Shoulders slacked, her posture more of a slouch as she let out a deep sigh. "She couldn't accept it. She had issues with it. She wouldn't listen to anybody, not even her best friend. As things got more difficult for her...she couldn't cope." Recalling the experience, the magical girl didn't quite sound depressed, neither did she sound upset. In all, Kyoko simply seemed...regretful.

Recalling her experience with the pegasus, Kyoko turned back to her friend and crinkled her nose as she let out a soft laugh. Another thing she had over her friend here. Now if only Kyoko could literally take some cake. Her smile stretched a bit, and her laugh dissolved into a snort. "You know the weirdest part about her? She had these strange tattoos on her..." The redhead paused, trying to think of the appropriate words for it. Her hands hovered above her own hips, fingers twitching as her brows furrowed. "Eh...haunches? Rump? Whatever it was, she had tattoos of little pink butterflies there! It was so weird!" A horse with tattoos...who knew, maybe it was a brand?

Tom seemed to approve of the ideas Kyoko had come up with, though of course, there was a simple problem. Who could possibly have any of those abilities, let alone all three? She'd met a couple of people who weren't too different from herself, the Judges were basically uglier magical girls. However, there was no guarantee that even they could fight off Witches. Puffing her cheeks lightly, she let out a soft "Hm..." How...? The idea of tryouts was...promising enough. Maybe she could put something up on the bulletin board? The tip of her boot was used to scrap snow off the ground, digging herself a little trench as she passed the time. "Maybe..." It was better than nothing, and at least she had an idea now. Her friend was less sure of what became of this man, his best guess being that he simply moved on with his life. Perhaps not the most satisfying answer, but Kyoko accepted it. "I guess that's the best you can do, sometimes." She could certainly sympathize. Perking her head to glance around the empty park for a moment, Kyoko turned her gaze back to Tom. "So, what are your plans for today? Just gonna sit here and smoke?"

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:18 pm