Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Memories Long Past

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Time: Afternoon
    Date: February 25, 0006

Snow crunched beneath thick boots, well insulated from winter's chill. Though it was naturally far warmer in the city than outside of it, there was always a thin layer of snow that managed to stick to the ground. Not that the demon prince minded, he enjoyed the colder weather. Prey was absurdly easy to hunt as their tracks were clearly visible in the snow, and the larger animals were far easier to spot without any overgrowth hiding them from his many eyes. Though that was more personal preference, as the demon's sight surpassed blindness from a thin physical barrier. He made his way through the park, pausing to dust a light layer of snow from a bench before sitting.

Though it was not some handsome rouge or shrewd businessman that Prixlezub had decided to disguise himself as today, but a simple bum. Heavy, baggy clothing clung to an old man's ragged form, with lines etched into his face from each year of hardship faced upon this fickle and chaotic world. A dirty hat covered what remained of his unwashed hair, and he gave a small sigh as he settled onto the bench and decided to have a look at his surroundings. Naturally, the prince was not one to visit the city very often, its streets were far too noisy for his liking, and the amount of clashing, strong scents stuffed up his grill to the point where he could hardly distinguish one smell from another. Oh and the life... There was so much life that the amount of energy reminded him of the numerous stars that wheeled about overhead.

However, this place, this expansive garden within the city's confines was not like the bustling streets. Though he could clearly hear and smell what went on beyond its confines, the demon prince found it far more peaceful than any other district within the metropolis. Thus when he did visit of his own accord without business to attend to, he found it of worth to come and sit, to watch and to think.

Much like an old man, the demon allowed his gloved hands to rest over his middle as he settled into the bench, and reflect.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 24

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Re: Memories Long Past

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:20 pm

Crnch...

Crunch!

Crnch...

Two types of crunching filled the air as a red headed teenager made her way into the Park. First of course, was the snow beneather the soles of her boots. The other crunch? In her right, gloveless hand, she held a pastry shaped like a fish, called a taiyaki. Steam still rose from the batter, freshly made as she brought it in close and closed her teeth around the top of the fish's head.

Crunch!

The girl was dressed in normal clothes today, particularly warm clothes. Black leggings and a pair of leather brown boots with buckles on the top and sides. A pair of puffy socks with a creamy white main color and egg white dots that reached almost to her knees. A pair of short shorts with fluff around the ends. A black undershirt, with a loose sweater with horizontal light blue and and creamy white stripes. A heavy and bulk light blue parka with white faux fur around the hood, and her lone glove was white with light blue snowflakes and stripes designs around the palms of her hands. Tying her long red hair into a ponytail was a ribbon in a darker shade of blue with a white snowflake design printed on them, and in the center, a large white puffball. Another bite, this time around the chin of the fish as Kyoko surveyed the park. Greener than the Outer District, and definitely full of more life than the decrepit corners and sticky alleys. As far as people went, there looked to be only one person presently admiring the Central Park today.

An elderly man, by the looks of it. A man who had not lived a very kind life, by the looks of him. A light frown crossed her features, and Kyoko made a beeline for the man and his bench. The closer she got, the more he definitely looked to be a man down on his luck. Baggy clothes that didn't look like they fit him right, a dirty hat atop unkempt hair. Shoving down unwelcome memories, the red headed teen plopped down on top of the bench and reached her free hand into one of her expansive parka pockets. Pulling out a little package wrapped in foil, she offered it to the old man with a grin that showed off two canines. "Want one?" She gave the half eaten pastry a light shake, as if to indicate that there was another within the foil for the man.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Something crunchy was approaching...

Though the heavy city air stifled the demon prince's senses, the nostrils of his human disguise twitched as he detected a new aroma; strong, close, and growing steadily closer. It smelled sweet and yet of beans. Hm, he held no memory of coming across such a meal before. It's owner was just as equally strange, and yet in some sense familiar. This one's life energy signature was unnatural, housed in a container instead of flowing freely through their body. A name came to mind, Homura.

Although Homura smelled different than this girl.

Her footsteps hastened, interested but not deliberate like one who would think to take advantage of a napping old man. Though from her prior stride he doubted it was to ask for directions either, a person who was lost tended to have more ponderous footsteps, uncertain. A grimy eyelid cracked open as he heard the new arrival and disruption of his thoughts come to sit next to him. Dark eyes looked over the girl, who was far more clean looking and colorful than this bum's tatter's. A crop of red hair sat tied in a ponytail upon her head, the final detail that solidified the obvious. This was definitely not Homura. What looked like an old homeless man straightened slowly in his seat with a sigh, if he held a job at one point, likely it had to do with heavy lifting or other menial labor.

"Afternoon, kid." His voice was rough with liquor and cigarette smoke, but mostly tired. As she offered her food to him, he glanced up from the fish pastry to her toothy grin. "Oh certainly, thanks... What is it?" He was grateful for the offer of a free lunch, although he was curious to know what he was eating all the same.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Oh, Kyoko had not noticed that the man had been napping before she came over! The corner of her mouth strained, feeling awkward for waking him up like this. At least the man seemed nice. Nice enough to not yell at her for waking him up, at least. His body straightened up, looking frail and fatigued as if used to hard labor. At the greeting, she nodded her head back at him. "Afternoon!" Her voice was a deep contrast from his, light and youthful. The worst smell that carried on her breath was the aroma of beans, certainly no cigarettes or alcoholic beverages. Smelling it coming from the man, she willed herself not to judge him for it. Not a fan of alcohol, but she wouldn't fuss about it.

"It's taiyaki." Another munch, and the head of the fish had been completely gobbled. Licking her lips free of crumbs and bean paste, she turned the top of the taiyaki so that it was facing the older man. The innards were on full display for him to see, light steam rising from the batter while filling lay waiting to be consumed. "It's like a waffle with bean paste on the inside. It's a popular snack in Japan. I got a couple of 'em from a snack stand in the business district." Fingers curled around the foil, rubbing against it and creating a light shuffling and rustling.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:18 pm

There were times when even old men were unaware they were napping.

This old timer was merely content to have someone sitting next to him on this fine winter day, as many of the city's populace were wont to avoid the destitute and homeless that managed to wander into their part of the city. Usually all the rabble and impoverished tended to stay to the outer district, for whatever reason. Perhaps they preferred to linger where the ISOs would not be able to get in the way should they have a scuffle. Either way, this old laborer preferred staying in a place where he did not have to worry about getting mugged for the clothes on his back, the organs in his body, or simply for walking into the wrong place at the wrong time.

His companion did not seem to have to worry about that, the child looked as though she was well cared for. She certainly was not involved with any illicit activity or had gotten herself involved with any drug use. The old man listened as she explained what a taiyaki was, and the creature that lurked beneath the aged facade could not help but find the display endearing.

It was not everyday that a youth decided to be generous to someone down on their luck.

"Japan?" He echoed, looking at the foodstuff. "I've never heard of the place, but that taiyaki is sounding pretty tasty the more you talk about it." He glanced up from the pastry to the girl, thinking. He certainly had little to do on this snowy afternoon, may as well learn a little about this 'Japan' over a free lunch.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Kyoko couldn't help it, as a noise that was a cross between a snort and a scoff escaped her. She raised an eyebrow at the man, side-eyeing him with her bright, candy apple red eyes. "Really? You haven't heard of Japan?" How strange. Kyoko shrugged her slim shoulder lightly, parka jostling at the motion. "You must be from a weird version of Earth." She surmised with a casual tone. The old man looked human, smelled human, sounded human. The redhead was pretty sure the man had to come from Earth if he was human. There were other versions of Earth around, right? Maybe there was a version without Japan.

As the old man took the offered treat, she brought her arm back and laid it across her lap. Bringing up one foot to rest the heel of her boot against the edge of the bench, Kyoko propped her elbow up onto her knee. The pose wasn't very ladylike, but it was a relaxed one, and made it easier to eat her food. Nibbling to the gills of the pastry, she paused to swallow before deciding to inform the poor old man about her home country. "Japan's not too big, it's a country made up of lots of little islands. It's out in the Pacific Ocean, not too far from China. Though..." The teenager glanced at him out of the corner of her eye. "I guess maybe you don't know what China is either."

Her eyes roamed over the detail of the scales on her taiyaki as she continued. "I lived in Kazamino. It's an alright place to live, as far as cities go. Before this place, I'd only been in Japan. We've got good food, lots of nice art. I actually like this place more though. Free place to stay that serves food, sign me up!" The young girl seemed to boast with a wide grin. For a moment she wondered why this man didn't stay there. Why a lot of the homeless kept to the Outer District... Her curious gaze settled onto the older man, head cocked to the side. "So, are you from America?"
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:40 pm

The girl scoffed and the old man gave a shrug of his wide shoulders. "I really haven't." He stated matter of fact. Where the old man was really from, the girl would have thought him a man out of time. "I suppose, I've heard of a lot of these 'Earths', but I haven't come from any of them... Or I think I haven't." If the stink of alcohol on his breath was any indication, likely the man drank enough to forget a few things. He peeled back the foil on his treat, taking a bite from the fish's head. Steam slowly curled from the filling inside and the old man gave a content hum.

That was some good fish-pastry it was.

The girl relaxed into a less lady-like posture, but the man decided not to comment on it. He'd seen far worse before, and he certainly was not a source of information regarding posture by any means. He shifted in his seat to stretch his back before settling once again. Now then, what was this Japan-place? From what the girl was saying, it was a bunch of islands out in an ocean, not too far from a place called China. As for whether or not he knew about China, well, the answer was a little obvious. "Yep, you'd be correct." He affirmed, taking another bite of the taiyaki. "Thanks for the food by the way, this is really good." The man added, happily chewing his lunch as the girl went on.

Though this Kazamino place sounded interesting, it really didn't compare to this spanning metropolis. "Yeah, this city is great. Though I could go for more long stretches like this where the world isn't tearing itself apart." He commented, looking out at the snow dusted bushes across the path. How long had it been since a calamity had struck the world, a year? Yeah, a little over a year he thought. Dark eyes glanced back to his lunch friend just in time to see her cock her head to the side, a curious expression on her face. "America? I don't think I've heard of that place either." he replied, giving a small shake o his head before taking another bite of his taiyaki. "To be honest I don't remember much about where I came from."

His free hand reached up to scratch at a tuft of grey hair that peeked out from under his cap, before resting on his belly again. Evidently this was a man who drank to forget, or simply had little to remember for another reason.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:19 pm

Now the young girl's eyebrows raised up, blinking at the older man as if stunned. Really...? But how could someone be human and not come from Earth? Then again, the man didn't seem all too sure of his own memory, and with that alcohol on his breath... Kyoko hummed in thought, letting it digest for the moment. There was other stuff to worry about at the moment, such as eating her taiyaki. As she nibbled at her own snack, teeth gnashing, she watched the old man eat from the corner of her eye. His life must not have been too bad, as he wasn't shoving the food into his mouth like a starved animal. Of course, he could also be sober enough to realize the food was too hot to eat in such a manner. In any case, she was glad to see that he seemed to be enjoying it!

Confirming that he wouldn't know what China is either, the old man thanked her for the food. Kyoko nodded, pulling the taiyaki away from her mouth and swallowing the bite she had taken. "It's no problem! I don't like to see people go hungry. Speaking of, you got a home?" The red head had made many trips to the Outer District, always for work and never for pleasure. While she hadn't exactly committed every bum and homeless person to memory, this one in particular didn't really stand out as someone she had ever encountered out there before. Maybe he kept to the park? Or maybe he had a home after all and simply liked alcohol too much.

Kyoko let out an amused chuckle, mouth quirking up into a grin that showed off her prominent canines. "You know, a friend of mine told me all about that stuff! The world tearing itself apart stuff that is. I don't think I've ever really seen that for myself. She's told me enough stories of crap she's been through here. I think it might actually be nice to go through it for myself for once." Fighting something other than a witch would be nice for a change too. Maybe a giant monster, or some egomaniac she could stab in the face. Something cool like that. The very thought had the teenager smiling.

No knowledge of Earth, America, China, or Japan. This old man was either a very mysterious man with amazing origins...or simply suffering from alcoholism. Since he couldn't even remember where he'd came from... Kyoko's money was on the alcohol. She grimaced, giving the old man a disapproving look. "Why would you drink so much to screw your brain up that much?" Chances were, the old man didn't have an answer for her.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:16 am

A drunk the man was, but he managed to retain enough of himself to realize that the taiyaki was just took hot to guzzle down. Beneath the facade however, the creature that lingered there simply was too dignified to stuff his face while in the middle of a conversation. He was raised better than that. The girl asked if he had a home and the man shook his head, pausing to chew his food a little more before swallowing. "'Fraid not." He said simply, "It's not so bad here, though."

The ISO's kept the peace, and so there was not much in the way of muggings or thefts unless someone was being especially sneaky. Who would spend that much effort on a ragged old man like him? Most of the dangerous types tended to stay to the ghettos anyway.

He took another bite of the bean-filled fish, listening on as the girl talked about the calamities that befell this dimension. "It certainly happens. You missed a big one a while back. There was this giant tentacled god that came out of the sky because someone killed his son." He stated after swallowing another mouthful of the fish treat. Although as for going through one... The old man shrugged and made an uncertain hum. "I'm not so sure, they can get pretty bad. 'Doesn't sound like a place for a kid." He deduced, as the kid to him looked no more than a teenager physically, even if the creature that lurked beneath the exterior of the old man could see past it and know something of a hint about the girl who was sharing a snack with him. Although she seemed really... excited about possibly killing something.

Kids these days.

Always wanting to get involved with something dangerous because they thought it was fun... And asking the important, blunt questions. "Why do I drink?" The old man sighed and looked at the red bean paste in his pastry, squeezing it a little to bring more of the paste up. "I'm not sure if that's something I should tell you. The snack is nice and all but... whew, not that nice." He replied tilting his head toward her with a small smile. Not because he thought she probably would not have the capacity to grasp what went on, but more that there were some things you were not supposed to tell wayward kids about. Even if they were kind enough to offer a free lunch.

"So, you mentioned this America place before. Do you know what that was like?" The man asked, taking another bite of the fish and chewing. It was a better topic than his drinking habits and why he had them.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:49 pm

No home at all? And from the way he described here as being 'not so bad'... Her free hand grasped the wooden bench, feeling it through her glove. It was sturdy, but not exactly soft... Kyoko imagined it made for an awful bed. She frowned, looking back over at the older man as her red eyes roamed over his face. It was also winter time, if this man slept out on this bench every night...there may be one morning where he just froze to death. "Well, there's an Inn here in the city... It's free too. Why don't you just go live there? It's got heating, and you get free meals... Even if this place ain't so bad, it'd be a lot better at the Inn." Kyoko spoke plainly and bluntly, her opinion known whether this man wanted it or not.

The redhead leaned in with interest as the man informed her of a certain event in particular. In this case, it was a...giant tentacled God? The thing appeared from the sky after his son died. Kyoko made a face, lips curling up in a mix of skepticism and disbelief. "Homura never told me about that one... It sounds weird. Like something you'd see in an anime episode. What kind of God has tentacles?" Kyoko couldn't help but find it more humorous than anything. So a God's son was killed and he came down to destroy the world? Imagine if the God her dad taught her about did that when Jesus had died? The Bible would have been a lot weirder. And the Earth probably would have had another flood... As for Kyoko joining in on any of these calamities, the man sounded uncertain. Kyoko was, after all, a kid. The teenager smirked before she let out a boisterous laugh. Waving a hand at him dismissively, her laugh melting into a series of snickers. "Hehehe... Oh trust me, if you knew what I was and what I do every day, you'd be singing a different tune!" Kyoko and Homura fought about every day, battling creatures of despair to gain their Grief Seeds. Whatever disasters this placed faced would be a great change of pace.

But it seems Kyoko wasn't the only one with a few secrets under her belt. Her gift of food wasn't enough to open that trap of his and release all of his secrets. If Kyoko had to wager a guess, it'd probably be something big. Like a war, or some family troubles. The magical girl shrugged, not intent on pressing this issue. "'Kay, your business is your's." At least she'd made it clear that she didn't approve of the man's coping mechanism, though she couldn't really talk about it. This man was a stranger, and Kyoko wasn't exactly great at coping either. This man wanted to drink til his brain was mush, it was his business.

He changed the subject to America. She munched on her taiyaki, teeth gnashing and making quick work of the fish as she nibbled away at the pastry. As she ate, Kyoko pondered how to explain America... Really, describing that country to a man who looked like he could have come from it was a little funny. "I just know what I've heard, never really been there. It was like..." Her eyelids crinkled in thought, trying to imagine Earth as a globe. "Eh, there was an entire ocean between America and Japan. They have some good food, though a little greasy. And Hollywood makes a lot of neat movies that people like. It always sounds neat. It's bigger than Japan, it's a big continent though it's separated into pieces." Canada, America...South America? Lots of countries in there. She took another greedy bite of her snack.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:10 am

Certainly, it was cold out here, but he managed. he took another bite of the fish pastry and glanced over at his conversational companion. "Really? I thought it was one of those places that wanted rent." He replied, mildly surprised. "I guess it runs off of donations then, or is it some sort of government housing thing?" It certainly sounded really nice, and he never saw anyone like himself there. The people he managed to see coming out of the building tended to seem able to take care of themselves well enough.

The kind with jobs, not hooked on drinks or drugs.

Although when the old man did come around and take a glance at the Inn... He was hardly what he looked like now. Not that the girl would know, of course.

"Homura never told me about that one... It sounds weird. Like something you'd see in an anime episode. What kind of God has tentacles?"

The old man paused in chewing on the fish's sweet bean paste, his brow furrowing for a small moment. "I suppose the god here has them, for whatever reason." Although that was not why his brow was furrowed. The man swallowed his bite of lunch and licked a few crumbs from his lips. "...What is an anime though? Is it some kind of sitcom?" Alas, Koyoko's acquaintance was not all that up to speed with recent media. likely the closest thing he got to it was what he read on the newspapers he stuffed in his jacket and what he managed to glean from the televisions in the windows of the electronics stores. As for his uncertainty about someone who looked like they were just barely old enough to go to high school getting involved in world-wide calamities...

Well it was funny enough for the girl to laugh and wave her hand dismissively at him. At first taken aback by the red-headed child's countering, the man could not help but quirk a brow and ask as he peeled the foil back on his taiyaki. "So, what is it that you do? You are a kid, right?" He took a glance over her, wondering if perhaps he mistook her for a kid. Then again, she did not deny being a kid either.

Though the creature that was beneath the dirty facade of the homeless man knew otherwise. However, there was an act to maintain, and he knew it well.

Thankfully the girl did not press any further about his business. he could make up a simple story, but the ones that tended to pry did not tend to stop prying. So a person who did not pry? That was all good for him. The old man took another bite of the taiyaki, taking a moment to savor the sweet taste while the girl next to him started to talk about America.

Or at least try to talk about it.

Greasy food, neat, popular movies, and bigger than Japan. "Sounds like an interesting place. Though if its bigger than Japan, it makes me wonder if this place is bigger than it or smaller?" He made a small sweeping gesture with his free hand, attempting to indicate the continent they were on. "I keep hearing that this place is pretty big, but I've never really stepped out of the city to see for myself." No reason to leave a place that was routinely protected just to explore some lawless, wild wilderness that made up the majority of the world.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:18 pm

Kyoko couldn't blame him for that assumption. A place as big as the Stock Pot Inn, with nice furniture and roomy inns... In most worlds, that wasn't even cheap, let alone free! Most housing areas preferred pricey rent. Her shoulders shrugged, crinkling the parka's fabric lightly. "Government housing, I guess. I've never seen anything about money or donations there... It's really nice. There's four floors, 50 rooms on each floor. They have an area where they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have a game room, laundry rooms, sitting areas..." At this point, Kyoko was counting down on her fingers as best she could with one hand occupied. "And the room's themselves have a kitchen, dining area, a living room, a desk area, a bathroom and a bedroom." Didn't that sound nice? Didn't it sound five times better than laying on a bench? Or resting on the cold, snow covered streets? Dirty alleyways? Who could turn down a free home?

Tsk. God doesn't have tentacles! Though perhaps this God wasn't the one she was taught... It probably wasn't even from her...dimension? World? Whatever. The redhead hummed, but otherwise had no comments for weird Gods, as the old man had successfully changed the subject. Now...how to explain anime? "Hm..." She hummed in thought, returning to her taiyaki for a moment as she pondered. Only once she had swallowed her food did she speak again. "Well...it's like a cartoon show? You know what that is? It's like those, but they come from Japan. So...they're different. Some animes are sitcoms, and some are like...horror and others are fantasy." Japanese anime and manga were pretty ingrained in the culture, and Kyoko was sure that if she should any examples to the man, he'd just be confused.

The shoe was on the other foot, the old man now inquiring about what she did and even making sure she was a kid. The young girl laid one hand to rest over the other, feeling the ring beneath her glove with the tip of her index finger. Did she even still 'count' as a kid...? Kyoko did still age... "I'm a kid, but I'm also a magical girl. And as for what that entails..." She turned to the man, her grin widening. "You got your business, I got mine." Enough bread crumbs to get it across to the old man that she wasn't some defenseless little kid.

Interesting was a world for America. Growing up in Japan, America always seemed neat. Of course, that was only due to it being so far away. It was bright and shiny, a place she didn't know. A place that seemed to make such cool things. It was only so interesting because it wasn't something she had ever been to. Grass is always greener, and all of that... The old man brought up an interesting point, and Kyoko's candy apple gaze lifted to survey the tall buildings outside of the Park. She could barely see anything past them. "Hm... The city seems normal enough for a City. Probably the size of Mitakihara. I've never left the City either...the farthest I've gone is the Outer District. I think Homura's gone out to the forest and stuff, but she never really mentioned how big this place was... Maybe this entire continent is bigger than America." What a thought... All this time and she'd never been past the Outer District. So much unexplored territory! Maybe that was something to keep in mind...
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:17 am

Fifty rooms per floor, free meals, entertainment, laundry... Even the rooms had means so that a person could take care of themselves. "It sounds nice..." The man replied, pondering it over. "There's no problem with drugs there, right?" As nice as this place sounded, with many government places that took in those who needed a home... There were always a few that slipped in who managed to corrupt the place from within. At least, the well-traveled demonic entity that lingered underneath the old man's disguise was aware of what could lurk there.

Drug addicts, especially ones who did the harder stuff like cocaine, were one of the more unpredictable and dangerous tenants in a free home. Aside from that question, the place sounded very inviting.

The old man awaited the girl's response regarding anime, and her explanation was... not too far off the mark. "I've caught a few saturday morning shows in the shop windows, yeah." He replied with a nod. "So they're like kids shows then." Or at least that was his experience with cartoons. He'd seen a few scenes of kids shows as he walked by a TV store every so often, and some of them could get exciting he supposed. Or at least count as horror, sitcoms, or fantasy to kids. Then again, the demon's knowledge of what counted as content for children and what was for adults was very limited.

"I'm a kid, but I'm also a magical girl. And as for what that entails... You got your business, I got mine."

A kid and a magical girl... The old man quirked a brow at her explanation, pausing on chewing his bite of taiyaki. After a moment of thought, he shrugged his shoulders, swallowing. "Well, I suppose I've heard of stranger." In a world where there were tentacle gods running amok one year, a space dragon plotting to cover the world in caustic blue goo the next, some things just lost their charm after a while. "I guess I can see where you'd want to go fight in some major calamity then. I've never heard of a magical girl before, but I've seen something similar to what you've got going. Some young kid who fancies themselves a hero and has powers to back it up, right?" He took another bite of the fish pastry, thinking. It was always the young ones that wanted to go out and change the world by punching the bad-guys or blowing up something. Now that he thought about it he hardly seen anyone over thirty going out to fight any major battles...

Perhaps that said something about who was willing to put their lives on the line and who preferred to stay home and let things work themselves out.

That aside, the old man let the topic change over to the city and how vast Portal Breach could be. The girl, for all her interest in fighting some big-bads, had strangely never left the city before. "It could be, it certainly seems pretty big. Have you seen the map in the library? This place is massive." he commented, before having another bite of the pastry. "I take it Homura is a friend of yours?" She never really specified that the person she named was a sister, and if they were her parent likely she would have said "Mom" instead of referring to them by name.
    Kyoko Sakura
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    290/290  (290/290)
    Stamina Bar:
    48/48  (48/48)

Post by Kyoko Sakura on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:07 am

Drugs? At the Inn? Kyoko's foot bobbed in place lightly, chomping away at the fried dough as she considered the question. "Nah, I don't think so. It seems like a real clean place, yanno?" Squeaky clean, really. Nobody lingering outside with drugs, nobody selling questionable stuff, nothing gross happening in public... You couldn't find a nicer place, in her humble opinion.

Oh good, the man was familiar with cartoons, having caught some on a television screen through a window. "Pretty much." The teenager shrugged as she bite off another chunk of her taiyaki and pulled the treat away from her mouth. By now she was nearing the tail of her fish. "Not all anime is for kids though. Some of it is for adults, and when I say it's for adults..." Kyoko raised a hand and pointed it towards her companion firmly, the taiyaki in her grasp facing the man head on. "I mean, it is for adults." A shake of her hand punctuated every word, as if to make her point more clear. The contents of her taiyaki shifted with every shake, almost threatening to spill out. Before it could though, Kyoko brought the treat back to her mouth, where she licked up some of the bean paste. Licking her lips contently, she clicked her tongue in her mouth. "Just so ya don't go looking up anime on the internet and find some bad stuff, ya gotta be careful with that." Such was Japan...

Stranger things than even a magical girl? This man really did have a lot of experience under his belt, did he? In fact, the man seemed to think he had an idea of what a magical girl was. In some ways, he wasn't too far from the truth. Well...maybe not the truth. Just what most magical girls thought they were doing. Getting powers, protecting people, being a hero... That had Mami and Sayaka written all over it, and even Kyoko herself when she had first started out. "I don't know about 'hero'... I've got some powers to back myself up, but these kinds of powers... They're the kind best used for yourself and only yourself, yeah? Trying to use it on behalf of other people might get them hurt. So I use them for myself. Only I'd get hurt, and I'd only have myself to blame. Not all magical girls think of it like that, but I do. Some like to be heroes. I just do what I want to." What was the use in being a hero if it got people hurt? It would make for a lousy hero, that's for sure.

Giving the old man a curious look, Kyoko seemed to nibble her lip in thought. The library...? "I've uh...never really been to the library here either. Didn't think there'd be anything I'd have to see or want to look at." Her shoulders shrugged lightly, Kyoko was not exactly a bookworm. Still, the older man confirmed that this place really was quite massive. Wonder what it'd be like to go check it out sometime...? Idly inspecting the piece of taiyaki she had left, sitting in the bottom of her foil, the teenager nodded. "Yeah, she's a friend. She's from my world, and we actually knew each other before we came here. We weren't exactly...friends then? Just...two people with similar goals in mind who'd work together."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:48 am

No drugs, no addicts, a clean place... The old man gave a small nod of a approval, "That's good, I'll have to come by and see if I can get a room then." Better than staying out on the park bench, that was for certain. Although there were a number of other reasons the old man was open to trying out staying at the inn. Reasons that had little to do with a consistent place to find food and shelter.

So anime was like a kids show, but it was not at the same time... The old man watched as the girl punctuated her statement with a few shakes of her taiyaki, and he leaned away slightly as if in anticipation for when the sweet-bean innards of the pastry finally flew out from the movement. Perhaps the average person had little trouble with keeping clothing clean, but when one was without an income or home... finding the spare change to do laundry became more of a challenge than one would think. "I will keep it in mind. Just, ah, be careful with where you swing that, could you please?" He replied, readjusting himself on the bench once he was sure the threat of getting pastry innards all over himself was gone. Given what she was saying, most of this stuff seemed to be on the internet. "Ah, no need to worry about that then. I'm not that good with computers."

Which was true in more ways than simply lacking the savvy to use the machines.

As for his brief rundown of what he thought a magical girl could be, it seemed he was not too far off. Two out of three was not too bad, if he thought so himself. Although he had to admit, there weren't many like a girl her age that tended to have such a pragmatic outlook on her abilities. "Yeah, I can respect that." He agreed, taking another bite of the fish pastry and chewing it thoughtfully. "Already seen too many that come around thinking to play savior but cause more bad than good in the process." Carrie, the entirety of BLACKCAT, Jak Mar, Nyreena... With deeds both large and small, the list went on.

"Looking after yourself and what's yours tends to work out better in the long run anyway." The old man concluded after swallowing part of his snack. Not everyone could be helped or saved, and some did not want to be helped to begin with. Trying to keep track of the well being of every little life was not only impractical, but nearly impossible when looked at from a realistic standpoint.

As for the library, the old man seemed surprised that she had never visited it. A this point he had figured that just about anyone went there at some point to find the answer to some quandary or another. "Really? It's not too far from here, big building that looks pretty official." He said evenly, letting the innards of the pastry steam for the time being. As for Homura, it seemed she was a friend of hers that went back before they were sucked into this dimension. Although from what she was saying, they were not exactly friends back then but more... coworkers. "You're lucky, some come over here on their own, or the people that come from their old world are more like enemies instead of acquaintances or friends." He stated, reaching a gloved hand up to itch at the side of his nose before giving a small sniff.

The thing about eating something warm on a cold day, was that it tended to thaw out a little more than one's bones.

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:41 pm