Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Re: An Eventful Walk (sort of)

Post by Njorth on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:16 pm

"An apprenticeship, huh?" Njorth's face lit up at the question, and he stroked his chin in thought. He wasn't expecting to be asked such a question, but it wasn't an unwelcome one. "Personally I've never really thought about taking on an apprentice. Ah, don't mistake that for a definite no, though. I don't think it was too straightforward of you to ask."

The alchemist paced around the room idly.

"I don't see why I wouldn't be able to teach you some things. You could easily just come in after hours when I'm not running the shop. I usually close at five unless something comes up, but that very rarely happens. How does that sound to you?"
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Amalan's mouth slowly but surely curled into a smile at the realization that he had not been turned down. It was so surprising to him that it took him a few moments to process Njorth's response.

"Really, you're serious?" the elf asked, just to be absolutely sure. Njorth nodded in confirmation. "Wow, I don't know what to say. I never actually expected you to take me on like this. Thank you! Maybe now I can grow alchemical ingredients in my garden? I actually live out in the swamp. It can get pretty lonely out there sometimes, but most of the time I really do enjoy the solitude. Tending to the garden helps me to feel better, too."
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:42 am

"I understand how you feel," Njorth agreed. "While I do enjoy my work, for the most part, my customers are the only people I ever get to speak to. Sometimes I take a trip to the Sanctuary or eat out, but it's not often."

The scruffy alchemist looked to the kitchen archway for a moment.

"Say, Amalan, speaking of food, would you possibly like to join me for dinner tonight?" he asked. "I was going to make an omelet, and I have plenty of ingredients to make two of them. I have cheese, tomatoes, onions, and sweet peppers for the toppings. Aare you alright with all of those?
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 am

Amalan chuckled at the offer.

"Forgive me for asking. I mean no offense, but is this a joke? I mean, first you offer me an apprenticeship, and now you're offering me dinner?" The Nord confirmed that he was indeed serious and that no offense was taken. "Oh, wow.. I don't know what to say."

In the elf's mind, he wanted to say no, that he was accepting too much from the alchemist, but his stomach quickly betrayed him as it grumbled in protest at the notion of turning down a delicious meal.

"I suppose I could stick around. Thank you! Oh, and those toppings all sound wonderful."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:24 pm