Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

An Eventful Walk (sort of)

Post by Amalan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:17 pm

DATE: DECEMBER 27TH, 2015
    TIME: APPROX. 7 PM

Amalan traversed the busy city, wrinkling his nose from time to time. Now that the elf was able to react more properly to cold again, he remembered just how annoying it could be. Oh, oh no... He felt the telltale tickle and burn in his nostrils. He was gonna-

"ACHOO!"

..Sneeze. The Altmer groaned, rubbing at his irritated nose. His fingers touched snot, and he abruptly wiped it off on a sleeve. This was just great. He had only been normal for a few days and it would already seem that he was starting to get a cold. Amalan shook his head. He supposed that sickness was just one of the many prices to pay for normalcy.

Honestly, though, if the weather was so disagreeable, why did he choose to go for a walk in it? In truth, this walk was just an excuse to think on things. Though he could have easily just sat down at home to think, being in motion helped to jog his brain for some reason. There were many things to think about. For one, did he really need to be living in the swamp anymore? He didn't need the tree cover, as sunlight didn't harm him anymore, and he couldn't eat the plasma fruits anymore either. And then there was the elf's magic, gone forever. What was he to do with himself now?

"Ha, ha..."

Not again!..

"ACHOO!"

As Amalan sneezed yet again, he could feel himself bump into someone. He opened his eyes to see a man stumbling, and what looked like his groceries falling to the ground. The elf gasped loudly, scrambling to help him gather his groceries back up.

"I'm so sorry, sir!" he apologized.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 12

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Re: An Eventful Walk (sort of)

Post by Njorth on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:26 pm

Njorth hummed contently to himself as he carried his groceries. The Nord looked greatly forward to the moment he would walk up his stairs, go inside, and cook the wonderful dinner he had planned for tonight. Alright he could hear his stomach growling in protest of its emptiness. Somehow, he would need to find more time to eat throughout the day. Between running his shop and brewing potions, the alchemist even forgot to eat completely sometimes!

WHAM!

Njorth promptly stumbled, losing a grip on many of his groceries. Quickly, he rushed to pick them up. The man.. correction, elf who had bumped into him had apologized profusely, helping to recover the dropped groceries.

"Don't worry about it," he replied. "It was mostly my fault. I should've seen you, but I wasn't paying enough attention."
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 8

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:25 pm

"Your fault?" Amalan asked the man, somewhat confused. "Well, if you say so.. But I should still help you pick up these groceries. I did still manage to bump into you. It's common courtesy, is it not?"

As the elf helped to recover the dropped groceries, he couldn't help but noticed that there were some pretty odd things in the bags. Sure, there were the obvious foodstuffs, but there was also what appeared to be various alchemical agents mixed in. He turned to look at the sign on the shop. 'Njorth's Nookery,' it proclaimed. Interesting. Amalan had passed it many times before, but had never met its owner. Could this be him?

"Is this your shop?" the Altmer inquired, pointing at the sign. "And you, you're Njorth?"
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:36 pm

"Haha, right you are!" the Nordic alchemist replied. "That would be me. I'm Njorth, and that's my shop. It also serves as my home, my little slice of heaven. It's my pride and joy, you know?"

Njorth scooped up all the re-bagged groceries in his arms, looking at the front door. His hands were completely full, and he didn't want to put them back down just to open it. If a light bulb really could have popped up over his head, though, it certainly would have right then.

"Bex!" he shouted at the entrance.

And the door opened for him, seemingly on its own! He nonchalantly made his way to the door, propping it open with one of his feet so it wouldn't try to close back.

"Want to come in for a little bit?" Njorth asked the elf. "You look like you're freezing."
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:34 pm

Whoa! Did that really just happen. With a single word, the door was opened. The alchemist had opened it with his voice, and his voice alone. For a moment, all the elf could do was stand there, staring in awe, but quickly he found himself shaking it off. Wait just a moment!.. Was this man who he thought he was? The Altmer supposed that it couldn't hurt to ask. Hopefully it wouldn't.

"Say, you-.." he paused for a moment, choosing his words carefully. "I know this might be a stretch, but you wouldn't happen to be a thing called the Dragonborn would you? It's just.. That thing you just did. It's something I remember was a big deal where I came from. Just about everyone talked about it."

Nervously, Amalan awaited the man's response. He could only hope that he had the right person. If not, this was probably about to become a very awkward exchange.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Njorth stopped in his tracks as he reached the front counter. Did he hear correctly? Did the elf really just ask him what he thought he just asked him? The answer was yes, yes to everything. It was all too obvious. Rather than move the groceries to the kitchen, he settled on placing them on the front counter for the time being. There were some things that needed to be addressed first. He let out a dejected sigh as he turned to face his guest.

"I suppose I was right in assuming that you were from home. I should recognize an Altmer when I see one. Only a person from home would know what I am without me ever bringing it up." The Nord paced about the floor, deep in thought. He could see the nervousness on the elf's face. "I'm sorry. That didn't quite come out right, did it? Don't worry, I'm not that kind of Nord."

Njorth smiled as his guest gave a long-winded sigh of relief. It would seem that he had taken his meaning.

"But you are correct. I am Dragonborn. Truthfully, I try to put all that behind me. Things were so hectic back home..." He chuckled briefly as he began to reminisce on days now long gone. "I could tell you so many stories."
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:06 pm

"Oh, oh no! I apologize! I-I didn't mean to bother you about it. You've probably gotten so swarmed in the past. And, and-!" Amalan said to the alchemist, clearly and very rapidly growing flustered. To the elf's surprise, however, he did not seem all too bothered by his questions. In, it would seem that they had actually brought back some fond memories. "Wait a moment. So you didn't mind me bringing that up?"

"No, I didn't. You're fine," the Nord assured him. Amalan buried his head in his hands, still blushing visibly despite his efforts to hide it.

"Oh gods, and to think I got all worked up for nothing.. I'm so sorry for that outburst." The Altmer chuckled nervously. "I must look like such a damned fool to you right now. I guess I'm pretty good at that."
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:30 pm

"No, stop that," Njorth said to his elven guest. "Enough with all this self-deprecation. You're no fool, and you're certainly not bothering me. I promise. You just make yourself at home while I go unpack these groceries."

And so the alchemist made his way to the kitchen as Amalan found himself a seat up front. As he unpacked, he couldn't help but recall just how sickly the elf looked. This wasn't surprising, especially at this time of year. Perhaps there was something he could do to help?

"Hey," he began as he returned to the front, "are you feeling alright? I hope you don't mind me pointing out that you're looking rather.. ill. As in sick, not annoyed."
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:46 pm

"Make myself at home?" the elf questioned, weighing his options. There were two love seats to choose from. "Alright, I will. Thank you."

Amalan chose the one in front of the window to plop down in. He had to admit, it was much comfier than appearances would suggest. The Altmer's nose crinkled. He could feel another sneeze coming on.

"Ha, ha-" He covered his nose. "ACHOO!"

The elf pulled his hands away, disgusted to see them now coated in thick mucus. He could hear Njorth coming back to the front, and wiped it on his clothes in a panic. There was nothing else to wipe them on! He had considered the upholstery of the love seat for a moment, but did not want to dirty up his host's furniture. It was then that the alchemist pointed out just how sickly he seemed to be. He had caught on.

"Y-yeah, sick. I suppose you could say that."
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:21 pm

Njorth moved behind the store counter and perused the potions on the shelves.

"Aha!" the Nord exclaimed, pulling one of them down. He fiddled idly with the bottle in his hands. "I think this might be able to help you out: A potion of Cure Disease."

The alchemist held the potion close to his face, squinting at a label on the bottle.

"Of course, there is something I must ask you first. You know, because I don't want to be responsible for sending anyone to the hospital. Are you by any chance allergic to, ah.." There was a pause as he looked at the label again. "Mudcrabs or hawks?"
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:38 pm

"Huh?" Amalan looked at Njorth, the surprise evident on his face. "A potion, really? Y-yes, that would be wonderful!"

The elf approached the store counter, wiping his stuffy nose off on his sleeve again.

"Oh? Mudcrabs and hawks?.." he asked. "No, I'm not allergic to them. At least I don't think so, not that I'm aware of. I take it that's what you've got in that potion?"

The Altmer grimaced for a moment, a thought occurring to him. What would this potion even taste like? Amalan had eaten steamed mudcrab legs before, and those were pretty tasty. He had no idea what to make of that hawk part, though. Oh well, however horrible the potion may taste, it certainly couldn't be any worse than enduring this damned cold for any longer!
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:52 pm

Njorth immediately took note of the look on Amalan's face, chuckling lightly. He knew that look all too well.

"I take it you know from experience that these potions aren't usually the best tasting things out there?" The elf nodded in response. Already he was trying to pop off the cork on the bottle. "Hey, hold on. At least let me get you something to wash that down with. Would a cup of water be alright with you?"

"Yeah, thanks!"

"I'll be right back then."

So the Alchemist headed into his kitchen, grabbing an ice tray out of the freezer. The sink had a water filter installed in it. Modern technology truly was a wonder! Completely clean water poured into the glass, and he plopped in a few ice cubes. The tray was put back in the freezer on Njorth's way back to the front.

"By the way, I suggest that you try to get that potion down in one swig, or at least down it quickly. Just get it over with, you know?"
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:14 pm

Amalan popped the cork, instantly catching a whiff of the concoction in his hand. It had an extremely strong, fishy odor that was almost overpowering, probably from the mudcrab. This really wasn't going to be a pleasant experience, was it? The Altmer glanced over at Njorth, who gave him an encouraging smile. He gulped nervously at what was about to come, his free hand clenched into an uneasy fist.

"Well... Down the hatch, I guess?" the elf sighed. "Wish me luck."

So he chugged the smelly liquid as quickly as he could possibly manage. It was a very awkward display, his cheeks bulging out like a chipmunks as more potion entered his mouth than he could immediately swallow. With the contents of the bottle empty, Amalan sat it aside, a stray trickles of medicine dripping from the corners of his mouth. Honestly, the experience wasn't nearly as bad as he thought it was going to be. The potion was much more salty than fishy. He gasped for air as he finally swallowed the last of it. Njorth could take a hint, handing him the glass of water. The elf guzzled it down greedily.

"So, how was it?" the Nord asked.

"I've had better," Amalan responded, "but I supposed it could've always been worse. Thanks again!"

"Feel any better?"

"Yes, actually. My throat's starting to feel a bit better and.." the Altmer felt a very familiar fluid dripping from his liberated nostrils. In that moment, his nose had become a faucet. "Oh damn! Tissue please?!"
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    170/170  (170/170)
    Stamina Bar:
    24/24  (24/24)

Post by Njorth on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:15 pm

"Oh!" the scruffy alchemist grabbed the tissues as fast as he could. He smiled as Amalan desperately blew his nose. "I'm sorry. I should've kept those closer by, huh? I'm really glad I could help you out, though."

Njorth idly stroked his beard, thinking to himself. He couldn't help but notice how deep in thought the elf seemed to be on multiple occasions since he entered the building. What was he thinking about, exactly?

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you thinking about?" he asked. "Has something in here caught your eye, perhaps? I have a wide selection of potions on standby if you want to have a look at them."
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    130/130  (130/130)
    Stamina Bar:
    18/18  (18/18)

Post by Amalan on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Amalan looked up from his tissues. How did the Nord know? He definitely wasn't wrong. How to put this, though? The Altmer took a deep breath, very much relieved at his no longer stuffed nostrils.

"As a matter of fact, um.." he wiped a stray trail of mucus from his face. "Alchemy, it really seems like a worthwhile profession, something I could get into. Especially since.. well, I lost my magical ability."

The elf sighed.

"It's a really long story. But anyways, I was thinking that maybe potion making could be a suitable replacement. What I'm saying is that I wouldn't mind entering an apprenticeship with you. I mean, if you wanted me to, of course... I'm sorry, was that too straightforward?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:59 am